Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Whatever you got on your front porch?
Speaker 3: One of things I've noticed when we move to to Australia is it's kind of thing to have stuff out the front porch. You can do that where I'm from, but it will get stolen. So if you just want it to be removed, it will be lucky. If it'll be there in the morning, it won't be there. If you leave it outside the front porch, that will not be there one someone will just take it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've had a full Weber barbecue on the porch for over six months and it hasn't been stolen.
Speaker 3: And it's a lovely thing. It says, well trusting, actually pretty safe place. This is so it amazed me when moving.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's the thing you can just it's almost like a little mini rum out there. You've got of strange things and it varies from house to house. Help people manage what's there. Some people are very organized. They have like a nice wooden box where the stuff is hidden away. You know that hidden storage we have that. There's a box which just a random assortment of dog leads, pooh bags, dog balls, and then for some reason, my wife and two daughters have their shoe.
Speaker 1: There, so I don't know where. If it were in some sort of Japanese tea house.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you were a shoes off household.
Speaker 3: I'm not so right, So I don't know what they take their shoes off, and then they're either like the dishwasher where it's either one shoe might go in or it's nowhere near this box so it doesn't really work. And then there's a there's this random crap out though it's actually really messy. Our porch per that's what's on your front porch we have got Yours is tidy?
Speaker 5: Oh no, it should be, but it's not. We've got the empty rumber box from Christmas Christmas thing I know that's waiting for recycling, and it kind of is sliding around in the wind. What else if we book boxes out there, well, it does become there bins to the side.
Speaker 3: I tell myself that we know when you've got those big boxes that are quite hard to break down, I let the weather do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sad.
Speaker 4: Because it does. Over time, it loses it integrity and then you just a.
Speaker 1: One pound.
Speaker 5: It doesn't take up as much space.
Speaker 1: With the rain the other day. That'll be all good.
Speaker 5: Now that rumber boxer really ready to go to myrow for day. We've got a garden bench because we like to sit out the front some Saturday mornings and have a cup of tea and watch the world.
Speaker 4: Go by when you're not playing hoops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: That is another sign that you'reknocking on a bit. Nineteen and twentyear olds aren't sat out on that stoop? Are they just staring into space? Existential doubt all around them. I've got one of those. I like to just sit out there and what it is like people do a double take when you see them, and you have to do the oldy.
Speaker 1: Morning Are there, Derek, how's Marie?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes.
Speaker 5: And then either side of the door. On one side, I've got some half dead pansies waiting for April to plant some more. And then on the other side, I've got three.
Speaker 1: Sort of bloody old big porch in it.
Speaker 5: Three ornate concrete balls.
Speaker 1: Now I've seen the photos of these. What the hell are they are? They speak? I thought they were like speakers.
Speaker 3: I actually thought they were like sonos the sphere.
Speaker 1: It's the sphere at the moment in Vegas, it's what are.
Speaker 4: They feels like you could speak to them like hey, good, hey sphere.
Speaker 5: They're three different sizes gray ones grayer than the other two, and it just matches our brick. And it's just like a little.
Speaker 1: Bit doesn't match the brick though it doesn't matter. Those things are.
Speaker 3: They're like just gray at this balls you get for the world's strongest man.
Speaker 1: You know, they've got to pick them up and move them around.
Speaker 4: Looks like a strong man bull.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, And guess where I got them? Rubbish camer I got them Camar, and I saw them and I thought, you know what, I'm not into garden names, but I'm into balls.
Speaker 3: That's the path in life. It foughts do you either go down the Nomi path or the balls?
Speaker 4: Are they heavy or are.
Speaker 5: They know they're very lightly hollow? Jack?
Speaker 4: They just what a true?
Speaker 1: They look random.
Speaker 5: Likem No, see maybe I should have taken a photo of the whole entire porch.
Speaker 4: Yes, all sort.
Speaker 3: Of just you know what, we're forgetting that our meditation garden she's got. That's how the I thought the balls were part of that.
Speaker 1: Geometrics shapes and fnchi Jack, what's on in front of yours?
Speaker 4: So ours is a dumping ground.
Speaker 3: I'm sad to say, but it really is, just like the hobo house on the street.
Speaker 4: When you get young kids. They've just got to.
Speaker 1: Kids.
Speaker 2: Shrikes that push trolley that he's gone the prem he's got this wag in. So all just masses on the front porch.
Speaker 1: What about all that random wood?
Speaker 2: Yes, the wood is Our fireplace doesn't work, and we didn't want to throw away the wood because hardwood is quite expensive it is, and so now just lives on the porch, I guess until we one day have a fireplace again.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast