Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack Post has an amazing story about one of his friends that happened over the weekend.
Speaker 3: He just bought a jet ski. He's going through like an early midlife crisis.
Speaker 2: A mid life crisis.
Speaker 3: He separated from his partner, and I think he thought jet ski will cheer me up. He's got a new girlfriend. They went out on the jet ski on the weekend. He's They got off in the middle of the bay and swimming around. Then get back on the jet ski and he goes to put the key in and the bungee cord that's linked to his life jacket is nowhere to be seen. The key's not there. So in this moment, he's like, what what do I do? Like, he's in the jet ski five hundred meters from the shore. He just had to wait till the wind blew him back to shore. After an hour and a terrifying he had to get an uber back to his trailer, drive down and come. But I said to him, you're lucky that you even got anywhere. We're at the whim of the winds.
Speaker 2: Are the currents, that's unbelievable. So we call these oh moments, you know, when life suddenly goes sideways. So your stories, your oh stories, like Jack's mate on his jet ski when it's uh, oh, we haven't got the key for this jet ski and we're in the sea in Australia, Alia. Yes, Hi, what's your oh story?
Speaker 4: I was in a taxi on the way to the airport in Saudi Arabia for my final flight home after a year of nursing, and I took a photograph of the entrance to the diplomatic quarter, which were the military installment.
Speaker 2: They don't people taking photos of like military buildings, any kind of official buildings.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a really big h And my taxi driver freaks and slowed down, and the police saw me, so we got pulled over. I got interrogated for a couple of hours in their police quarters.
Speaker 2: And you must have been seriously right, you must have been terrified, kind.
Speaker 4: Of young, and I.
Speaker 2: ASA, thank you very much. You cool. Keep this coming, hey, Robin, have you going well? What is your oh story?
Speaker 5: Well, we were out and my cousin and I and my auntie and uncle out in the middle of the bay were fishing, having a lovely day. And my uncle went to start the boat to come back in and nothing. We'd run out of petrols. So we've all looked around at each other like, oh, my uncle, being the captain of the ship, decided that my cousin and I, we were only fifteen at the time, we had to get into the back of the water. We were just swimming and pushing the boat. My auntie got in the water with a rope around her ways and he's in the boat. Yes, and he had I don't know whether it was a stick for and or or where he got it from. He's standing up there. I remember looking up at him, thinking we're going to get eaten by sharks and you're up there with a stick sticks.
Speaker 2: I wonder which way that's going.
Speaker 3: To going with the stick or is that to make sure you guys are.
Speaker 2: No, he's beating them knuck a jockey with a win.
Speaker 6: Roa.
Speaker 3: How fun swam?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Look, I don't know, but it was a fair way.
Speaker 4: It was scary, terrifying.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast right now though, looking for your stories about why were they calling out your name over the PA Christian It was me actually work in the PA system at the Bunnings once and a woman asked me to page her husband and she'd lost him in the Bunnings. Several called outs, no son and her husband. She then asked if I could, if she could use my phone. She left her mind, but at home he picks up. I hear her going where are you? He replies, I'm at home, and then hear her go, well, you've left me at Bunnings. Nikki Dingley, that's a great story, Thank you very much. Christian. My husband was called out over the PA at our local leisure center when I went into labor with our second child. I was at home. He was out playing five a side soccer and he'd forgotten his phone. He said it was on accident. I'm sure we did it on purpose, so the only option was the PA system. Christian, My husband Shavers started to vibrate in our suitcase while it was being stowed away in the airplane. He was paid while we were sat on the plane. He had to go and open up the suitcase on the tarmac with the police officials. That's from Mary Tracy. Welcome to the show. So why were they calling out your name?
Speaker 8: So my little dude.
Speaker 9: It was about two and a half. We were at the local big w and he went left and I went right and I lost him. So he went to the service counter and he said to the lady, I've lost my mum, and she called out Tracy and then my last name. So anyone knew me heard that he was lost and told everyone that my son was at the service counter.
Speaker 7: And in the.
Speaker 9: Background I could hear him saying, she's got blonde hair, she's got blue white, and she's fat.
Speaker 2: Tell you what for two year old? Bloody? Yet like that? I know. I was happy that he knew my name, but it was junior roastmaster. Yes that is.
Speaker 8: He had not change.
Speaker 9: Honest, you didn't know any difference, all right.
Speaker 2: Tracy, thank you very much for Christine. So why were they calling out your name?
Speaker 10: A few years ago two friends, a couple of friends and I went up to Queensland, took kids up for a holiday. We got a babysitter one night and the three girls went to casino. There has a big night out without the children.
Speaker 2: Hello, we could be an ocean to eleven.
Speaker 7: So as you do.
Speaker 10: We were all playing on separate machines and two of us were.
Speaker 1: Together in one.
Speaker 10: So when went off wandering. We thought she'd just gone off to play a new machine, and about five minutes later, Mandy and I thought we'd heard our names called over the PA and we just ignored it and so, no, that's ridiculous, you know, why would anybody be calling out for us? And then so we kept playing and then we heard our names again, so we thought, oh, better go and check what's going on. Turned out our third girlfriend had fainted while she was going to get another drink. She just fainted, passed.
Speaker 8: Out on the floor.
Speaker 3: He's not getting any sympathy.
Speaker 10: So they'd taken Insure the first aid room and they are waiting for us to you know, turn up and thinking, oh, well, okay. So we had to sit in there for about half an hour until they decided that she was okay, and that was the end of the big night out. I think we were out for an hour an hour.
Speaker 2: This happened within the first hour. How hard did you go on in that hour.
Speaker 10: Though she'd had one drink? I think it was I think it was a combination of the day out with the cute and.
Speaker 2: We're not running that first day place.
Speaker 11: We get it, okay, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, Jack Post, it just told me a good fact, a killer fact.
Speaker 3: Famous Australian Mother Daughter characters Kathy kim Back on our screens this week, Mother Daughter and show, but in real life the exact same age.
Speaker 12: No, I don't think that deserves that.
Speaker 3: Must have been done again.
Speaker 2: You're not killing one, Patty.
Speaker 3: Isn't that amazing sixty one years old?
Speaker 12: But it's just coincidence though. That's not a killer.
Speaker 3: Fast right, But in the show, I couldn't have.
Speaker 2: Goodness, I'm gonna retract this because that's the more I think about. I've got what I think is a killer fact. It's about otters. So for this to hit me out, for this to work, I wanted to close your eyes and if you're driving and operating heavy machinery and imagine not one ortter, but a family of otters. Imagine them such your mum, your dad. They've got four kids, this phony right now.
Speaker 11: They're worried about going to sleep at night and drifting apart out in the seas or where they are on the rivers by the dams. Do they sleep in the water, Yeah, in the water, Yeah, got.
Speaker 2: Dad, there's four kids. To stop themselves drifting apart and then waking up the morning and go, where's dad? Do they do? They hold hands and go to sleep together. When I saw a photo of this last week, it was a highlight of the year. Otters sleeping and holding hands together. A family now.
Speaker 3: And the mom and dad.
Speaker 2: U piggyback on my kidder. Facts? Okay, all right, do you have a killer fact, Christian? I've got to kill a fat for you. Not only do dogs have nipples, like you discovered the other day, they actually have an odd number of nipples. It's never even John, How the hell do you know that? You've got to have looked at more than one to know that that is a fact. Then have five on one side, four on the other.
Speaker 3: That's a killer fat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let's do it, John Glenn. When you eat fresh oysters, they are still alive. If they were dead, they wouldn't taste as fresh. Not a killer fat, Christian? What about this? Then? I see your at a fact and I raise you this turtle one. Some turtles can breathe through their butts.
Speaker 12: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Perhaps, come on, we need to raise their game, Christian, I've got a killer fat for you. Australia is wider than the moon. The moon is three and a half thousand kilometers in diameter, Australia's four thousand from east to west. That is a good one, Christian, this actually is a killer fact. The creator of pringles is buried in a giant pringles can. No, it's not. I promise you look it up. I looked it up. I thought I'm not falling for that. He got buried in a giant pringles can. I believe original flavor as well. See I found a Guardian article he got buried in a pringle Jack. Isn't it right?
Speaker 3: The ashes are in a pringles can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's buried in a pringles can. They're not shoving him one his whole body, lowering it, lowering it into the ground. All right, let's go.
Speaker 4: To Catherine here, Christian, here're going.
Speaker 2: I'm good. So I'm excited. Have you got a killer fact for us?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 8: In relation to its size, out of all the animals on the planet, the Barnacle has the largest appendage.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it. I didn't know it.
Speaker 2: But is it a killer fact?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean, are you going to tell somebody else? I will retell that if you want to.
Speaker 2: Get some friends around and you know, hey, guys, do you know about the barnacle? Compared to its size, it's got the biggest appendage.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Patsy, Well, it depends how big it is, whether it's impressive or not.
Speaker 3: You haven't seen my husband, she says, take it back, it's not a kid, Heidi.
Speaker 8: If you hold your nose closed, you can't hummer.
Speaker 2: Tune live demonstration of the team here. Everyone's trying it right now.
Speaker 3: I guess it's not really a hum try.
Speaker 2: Humming because you start humming, then close your eyes. Can you hack it that way?
Speaker 9: You can't know?
Speaker 2: You really can't do it?
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 2: Hide an actual genuinely great kid of Paul.
Speaker 5: Guys, how are we?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul? What's you're a kid of fact for us? Mate?
Speaker 13: My killer fact is mate.
Speaker 14: If you write down the numbers from one to one hundred in word form, you will not use the letter as.
Speaker 12: We might be here.
Speaker 1: Jack Free The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 15: Christian O'Connell's Golden Moments Coming down to the Games in Paris. Grand Hacker at the two thousand Sydney Olympics, winning gold in the fifteen hundred meter freestyle going.
Speaker 13: Into those Olympics, so I guess I was the red hot favorite, but going up against a national icon in Karen Perkins, you get one chance every four years, you get one day. If you're off, there's eight years in between opportunities.
Speaker 1: The day of the finals, I remember.
Speaker 13: Just diving in for that race and wanting to establish a lead, which I did. Wasn't wasn't easier to really work for it, but then I was just trying to push kieren As back as best I could. Sort of led that race from start to finish. I remember touching that wall, looking up and I looked at the diving board scoreboard, and I looked across and I saw I think it was fourteen minutes forty eight at the time, and then I saw the number one next to my name, Kieran Perkins. I have an interesting relationship with him. This guy became an icon and became my hero, and then he became my rival, my number one rival. And he leant over the blane rope after finishing second to me at those Olympics and said, you deserve this, And I just thought to myself, what a champion. You know, the guy had barely spoken to me for forty years of racing him at international level, but to say those words really meant it well with me and they'll sit with me for the rest of my life. To win in front of a home crowd. I remember having a moment after all of that, and of course they played and then at work. You know, I come from Land down Under and every time I hear that song, I think about doing that that lap of honor around the pool post the metal ceremony. But I had that moment when I was cooling down. I was on my own, my head was in the water, and I just thought to myself, I did it like I did it, Like I can't believe I actually won the Olympic Games. Like that was really a special sort of moment for me.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack Posts, has got a situation at home and we need your say on it.
Speaker 3: Byan has hung a new artwork on the wall. It's a picture of Oscar Wild. Now I've even given you guys a color print officuely that you can see the outlandish pinks and purples. His face is what worries me the most. It's an interpretation of Oscar Wild, but it looks like he's been drawn by a child.
Speaker 2: And Jack is Jack is not exaggerating here to put his own case forward.
Speaker 3: Look, please look at it.
Speaker 12: Yeah he's oh god, oh that's frightful.
Speaker 2: That's what It's not, just that his nose looks like I'll be polite here, a phallus. You know when someone jaws a winkie or something and they.
Speaker 3: Don't have a lot of time to do it, Yeah, they've done a bushell or a back of a school chair or something. This is on our Instagram, so you can go and see what's hanging in my house right now. I asked the anchor a it last time because I wanted to give her a rider, or replied to defend it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's haven't listen to this.
Speaker 12: I feel, through everything I know about him that he would have loved to see himself as this.
Speaker 1: But he has devil's eyes. He doesn't have devil eyes. It's artistic. It just screams life and comedy. It screams comedy. He was funny.
Speaker 3: Wait, so it's it's meant to be a funny painting.
Speaker 12: No, it's not funny. You know those artworks that you look at for a really long time, and then you you.
Speaker 2: Just start laughing.
Speaker 9: If you go eye to eye with him and you just stare for a while, all.
Speaker 8: Of a sudden you'll start laughing.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've been to the Louver from Paris or the Tate Gallery in London.
Speaker 3: I'm worried now that Oscar's going to get trolled.
Speaker 2: In the corn He's not getting trolled. It's the choice. It's the choice, sorry, the lack of a choice.
Speaker 3: You've not just got to eat it unless.
Speaker 2: Everyone that comes in the house is going to look at that and go, what if if you now know what you've given everyone that leaves your house, is it all going to have someone to do? What way? Get a load of that? I assumed it was one of Jack's side project.
Speaker 12: The eyes are following me.
Speaker 3: Surely if one hundred percent of the comments and negative towards Oscar, I have a good case to go back to Bianca and say, at least move it into the laundry or something somewhere where people won't see this.
Speaker 2: Go and have a look at it. It's on our socials. You'll find it on Instagram, the Christian O'Connell show, same place. You'll find it on Facebook as well. Have you got some of that of a Chris's Patsy.
Speaker 12: I remember when we moved into the house, Chris had a bit of Elvis memorabilia. He had this big and it was big, like this big painting of Elvis.
Speaker 2: It's a big, it's big.
Speaker 12: It was huge, and it was apparently authenticicated. No what's the word, but not that authenticated thank you from Graceland. And even it was so special. It had like a separate certificate that was framed saying it was the truck certificate. He wanted it in the living room and I said, no, no, that doesn't.
Speaker 2: It would look great in the just But what is it? Elvis? Yeah, ja comeback, spread n.
Speaker 12: Nice sort of jump white jumpsuit, eagle jumpsuit, Elvis with a microphone and it's got TCB taking care of business with the lightning strike. It is just so tacky, it's just gusty.
Speaker 2: He's one of the greatest entertainers that got a certificates, a separate certificate.
Speaker 12: So I made him hang it out in the garage in the man.
Speaker 2: You don't put Elvis in the girls.
Speaker 12: It's got no place in my living room.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dear well, my wife brought this about patter of you love this. You know sometimes you see like mirrors they're just like propped up against a wall.
Speaker 12: Very Hampton's.
Speaker 2: That's that said, she pictured me. It's the style around here, Chris. It's a style around here. We're in Australia. Now we live in Hampton. We've got to be Hampton. It's so Hampton's. It's you know, is that a mirror there?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't even know. It's just prove. It's just casually propped up against a wall. We don't even hang it. It's there. We're not formal.
Speaker 3: What was your problem with it? It's just a mirror.
Speaker 2: No, it's not you in the bedroom door. The mirror reach you. I get out of bed, the mirror is there. It's too much mirror. It's too much mirror. I don't want that much mirror. My wife loved it because you know why, when she's spending too long going out, she's got like a uh, it's sort of checked the outfits from head to doe. Do you do that as a guy only? I do only do top half, don't you. We don't worry about the shoes, you know, the shoes. What's going on. It's the hole. They want the whole up and down, the whole vertical thing. Anyway, for two years I've been running a campaign about it. We finally got rid of it, sold it on marketplaces. However, now and my wife goes to get wedded because she looks where the wall war is now bed she goes, I just miss it.
Speaker 1: Just the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So Jack's wife, the anchor's got a strange new bit of artwork in their house. It's a very unique, slash awful version of Oscar Wilde the playwright. I think most of us in a relationship have something like this where they love it but you can't stand it. We're looking for your stories today, Reese, You've got some thing like this. They love it, you hate it. What is it for you? Reese? Yeah.
Speaker 14: So a few years ago I bought a painting with a fishing and character from the movie armadais through a play of production of the arm a.
Speaker 2: Great movie from what was it late eighties with Tim Holts. I think it won an Oscar.
Speaker 14: Dude, I think about eighth in the end, I think yeah, So the river of the scene where he's wearing like a black tiger and out of a black mask. Anyway, I had that well, there was a painting enough to be in the production of it that my wife saw it a few years later after we got married, and she absolutely hated it. I spent here ound of bucks for it. That it's now being relegated to the shed.
Speaker 2: It's just so sad. It's always guy's stuff. Nor it just gets dumped out somewhere rees thanks to you kill me, Kate. They love it, you hate it? What's it in your house?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, Jack, I feel your pain. My husband chose purple floral carpet for our new build in our house.
Speaker 2: That's really your face, isn't eancy?
Speaker 3: Too many purples on the book unless there's a where.
Speaker 2: Prince used to live.
Speaker 8: Like, there's about fifteen different colors in it, and it just wants me, makes me feel sick when I walk in the van.
Speaker 2: Hectic, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Yeah? He put it in our bedroom, the lound room, the study.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to say stout the house. I thought it was in one room.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, it's all over the house. It's does my head in.
Speaker 2: Right and we need to see You have to send us some photos of this cake. We need to see this ow.
Speaker 8: You know the worst thing my when I was there when the carpet layer was putting the carpet down and he was hammering it in, stretching it out, and he goes, this is going to last you fifty to sixty.
Speaker 2: Years, legacy.
Speaker 3: Leave it in the world because you'll not be able to sell the house. Forget about that.
Speaker 14: True.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, Okay, that's lovely. We'll please send us some photos. Okay, but thanks the cooling. All right? What are they saying about this artwork? There's now hanging in your home.
Speaker 3: You can say it on Instagram and Facebook. It's I feel sorry for Oscar now he's essentially getting canceled online. That would never get through the front door of my house. Dreadful, just no, no, no, glad it's not in my house. Hideous, horrible, not going to be nice. That should be put into a fire. If Gordy had painted it, I might have stuck it on the fridge for a week and then lost it. And Liz said he looks like a serial killer.
Speaker 2: You could find it the Christian O'Connell show on Instagram, on Facebook.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, What you did? So many people have done. I know I've done this. When you screw up ordering online? What happened to you.
Speaker 12: Done the most silliest thing. I don't know if you've done it, Jack, I've bought tickets online to Audrey's school production of Beauty and the Beast.
Speaker 3: It's on ticket tech. Amazing.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. Now these schools are making a pretty dollar and that's just that money has not gone into the stage production. Someone someone's creaming a bit off these talentless kids, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: What happened is just like a gold coin donation at the front of the theater as the parents walk in.
Speaker 12: Oh no, it's big business, Jack.
Speaker 3: You go online, so he's in different prices for up the back and in the nosebleas front row.
Speaker 2: Oh there's various letters obviously, Like it's like those families have got relatives to want to come and see, you know, their their grandchildren. That's so you got you see families, some like eight of them. And I'm just doing the sums going. That's his unbelievable. The worst productions in town. The same price is going to see Angeloyd Weber's show.
Speaker 12: That's not only that though that Like there's early release jacks, so if your kids in the production, you get first dibit tickets, which is good.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope it's only parents of kids going, Like if it's just randoms off the street going.
Speaker 2: To that's what I said the kiss once? How do we you know?
Speaker 3: How do they know that it should all be only relatives?
Speaker 2: Who else is coming to see this?
Speaker 12: You know, Hollywood producers, talents?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so. Did you choose up the back or at the front?
Speaker 12: Where do you think Tiger Mummy would.
Speaker 2: You're not in the front. You can't be in the front rope.
Speaker 12: No, I'm like three three back because she wanted to be free that day.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think three back is where you really see people when you're up there, and you know, you'll do the old double thumbs up. Then she'd be like waving at you people hundred bucks with these seats.
Speaker 12: Smile Epony Mummy is watching well anyway, So and course we've got relatives traveling three hours to come up for this, not that we've asked them. They've put their hands up their Dinosta. It's her first production it's a big day.
Speaker 2: For actually got a decent role.
Speaker 12: She's not bad. She's the Milkmaide and she's in the chorus line.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: What's there? What's the show again?
Speaker 12: Beauty and the Beast well known for milk. She's got line which in the opening.
Speaker 3: You wait till Gordy, is it not that you mean the cup of tea with milk in it?
Speaker 12: No, she's got the pails of milk over her shoulder. Who skip, stop it.
Speaker 2: Both of you. In Beauty and the Beasts, we all go, it's enough for the Beauty and the Beast. Where are the milk Church?
Speaker 3: How are they getting their calcium?
Speaker 2: Calcium deficient? That's what he's the beast. The moral of the story is strengthen your bones.
Speaker 12: So I had to buy eight tickets in total, right somehow, So the envelopes come for the you know, the physical in the mail, the tickets, and I've opened them up and I've pulled them out and they're like, you know, stretched from my hand all the way down to the floor.
Speaker 2: It's ain't bunting.
Speaker 7: It just kept going.
Speaker 12: And I'm thinking, to you, that's a lot. What what's all these are? These receipts. Anyway, I'd bought eighteen, I'd put eighteen in the car. I've got absolutely no idea that's half the auditorium or whatever the sports.
Speaker 3: So do you have to become a scalper now for your daughter's.
Speaker 2: You can make it, you can idea. I think you done that on purpose. You'll be out there at the front with that bum bag and that UV light. No fake money, no fake money.
Speaker 1: For the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when you whatever job you do, whether this is my job on the radio, real life still happens. It's not like my life stops because I'm doing a radio show. And right now I just had to step out the studio to deal with a breaking situation. Breaking is the right word. And I just had to step out the studio to make a quick phone call to my eighteen year old daughter Ruby. She passed her test only last Wednesday. This is all significant. I was excited, but nervous, like everything I care about is in that car. Anyway, I've just had a phone call. When they were going to leave the car park, the car got wedged between a pillar, like stuck right hysterical. They couldn't they couldn't get it out. There's another car the other side. I've never seen such a Well, they call my wife. I'm asleep, right, they call my wife. It's like eleven o'clock. She's hysterical and thank you know. Last week we're talking about the cins of strain. Just a mum saw them there and help get them out. Anyway, I've just seen a photo of the door. I will put a punk call through to Sheen Panel Service. Do you have brand new I'm not making this up right, it's gonna do you have a new door, But I need a driver's door of a Subaru x V twenty years old. Eight days she's had the card. Luckily, everyone's okay. I mean yes, at least everyone's all right. But yeah, Sheen Panel Service, Alan, I seriously, it's a driver It's a driver door SUPERU x V a light blue. If you've got it in stock, I'll being over the weekend. So yeah. Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 15: Christ You know Connall's Golden Moments calling down to the Games in Paris. Shane Gould winning her first of three gold medals at the nineteen seventy two Olympics in Munich.
Speaker 1: The moment came to be on the.
Speaker 16: Blocks to get ready for swimming and racing this two hundred meter individual medley, my first final at an Olympic Games. Now, I tried to take in the energy from the crowd but not let it overwhelm my confidence and my physical ability that was going to win the race.
Speaker 6: It wasn't the.
Speaker 16: Crowds that win it for me.
Speaker 2: It was me.
Speaker 4: It was all on me.
Speaker 1: And so as I powered down that last lap.
Speaker 16: You know, my lungs bursting and this strong exhale, and you know, I started to thrash a little bit because of a fatigue and excitement. And as my father used to sack of me, head down tailor girl and go for it. So my father's words were in my ears, and I just went hell for leather and could see my competitors and I tried my Darnda's head down tailor. I saw my name listed first and then the time next to it a world record, and I was just shocked to start with, but also elated. And the arson on the cake was that it was a world record. That okay, that's my first gold medal. I don't know how she does it, but Dawn Fraser just seems to be everywhere. She shoved a toy kangaroo into my hands and get to the dice and then stand there with this kangaroo. I put the kangaro up in the air and so that became an iconic image, the national anthem. The music was so stirring, the flags raising and then the crowd's cheering, and then I did weep. You weep with relief, weep with happiness. But that was my opportunity is just let it all down and be really joyful, but again a relief relief.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show.
Speaker 2: Let's get into this. So we're all dog owners. We're all pet owners on the show. We love our pets, you love your pets. We got our pets analyzed by a pet psychic, amazing lady called Marina d yestern No show. Patsy had a huge God Presley done. Now let's get into Jack and mine.
Speaker 17: Do you have a grumpy cold fish or a lara ki that's limvy is less but where we brought along our pet psychic.
Speaker 2: To tell you what your pet is. It works, but it doesn't work this because if you've got a grumpy goldfish, that's not what we're doing today with a psychic is it.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're definitely not healing Lori kids, We.
Speaker 2: Are not healing sick pets. Go and get professional help. But what are we doing. We're finding about what your pet used to be in our previous life. So Marina analyzed Presley Patsy dog yesterday, and Jack's dog Lunar, and my German shepherd dog Nische and my big cat Larry have been analyzed by Marina d. He's what she said about Larry, my big cat.
Speaker 18: He came to and said to him that he was a professor, and he was showing me that his glasses and that he was really scientific in his ways as a human. And then there's this but that thinking I got him like literally showing me this is so fun. He can literally lay down and then have a literally cigar in his mouth or I don't want to say, but like it's a joint in his mouth and just go let me relax.
Speaker 3: The easy going professor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes sense, doesn't Every cat looks like their stone when they flop around the house all day not doing anything. They sleep for most of the day. Then there's my German shepherd dog Niche what was she in her previous life.
Speaker 18: And the past life was a male soldier in the army. She can be very assertin TIV listens to her commands. She is probably the leader of the pack a little bit. So she's like that team leader where she'll sit in a corner and observe everyone.
Speaker 2: This is actually true actually, because we've got we've got another dog in a cat she is like the leader. She's at the German Shepherd dogs. They're like the alphas, right, And she does sit in the corner of the room. However, Marina d the Sidekickers, I have this to say about my dog, Nishia want to let her hair down.
Speaker 18: I did get a reference of Niche saying to me something about a leather black jacket. Sometimes I just want to be that cheek where she can let her head down and get on a Harley and just ride and go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So this weekend, you know we're going to go out for writing and I know you took Prasy for a soft serve. I'm going to hire a Harley. You know it's a sidecars. Yes, I said that, just let her hair down, wear that black jacket, just be that rock chick that you want to be as well.
Speaker 7: She was.
Speaker 18: They used to communicate what's going on in the household and everything, and there was a reference to the younger energy or the female's energy in the house. And I do feel like you're always worry about them, and she keeps saying, tell my daddy, they're going to be okay, stop worrying. They're growing up. There was something to reference about piercing. So I don't know if there's a conversation about a piercing or a joke about a piercing or someone's.
Speaker 2: Pierc who wouldn't be worrying with that going on? Who wouldn't be worrying? I can't tell the dog is now telling me to calm down. They've got the teenagers and my wife telling me to calm down, and now my dog. I should also to say that Marina also said that Niche, my dog, can also predict the future. That's tough, isn't it. If you've got that power but you're unable to share it. It must be driving her nuts, something like she knows what's about to happen, but she can't communicate with me. All right, let's find out now about Jack's dog. Described Luna to everyone, Jackie boy A.
Speaker 3: Luna is a great border collie. And you guys, I felt like with Presley Nishe Larry, you guys got a great insight to your pets. They were great things as humans in a previous.
Speaker 2: Life, a soldier, a professor.
Speaker 3: I was a little bit underwhelmed with what Luna was in her previous life.
Speaker 18: She was telling me about her part's life, because she did have a parts life. She was showing me the reference to a bird in particular, bird was an eagle.
Speaker 12: Pretty cool, that's very magicical you guys had.
Speaker 3: Presley was a farmer.
Speaker 12: This is nothing exciting.
Speaker 2: Man, they're working the lands. That's eagle and majestica an amazing eagle, soaring highes. That's also about Luna staring as well.
Speaker 18: If you find a lot that Luna does come up and just wants to stare again. She was referencing that she was talking to a little baby and that the baby does understand.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she's talking talking to.
Speaker 1: This is a nice Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This is an amazing story. A woman almost died when she was vacuuming her artificial lawn. Show me if you got artificial grass you know that's the end of maintenance, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Maintenance?
Speaker 2: I didn't know you're supposed to vacuum me.
Speaker 7: We do, do you?
Speaker 12: Chris gets a.
Speaker 2: I need video of that. Chris actually putting the Dicon on artificial lawn.
Speaker 12: He does a spot where Prisley does his business and it's.
Speaker 3: Like he's not trying to vacuum.
Speaker 2: Around that nice beautiful inside that you could see a transparent Dyson and it's tummy all those turns like a blender pooy smoothie. Anyway, so she got letrocuted.
Speaker 3: And sorry, she is right, She's.
Speaker 2: Okay in this. Obviously the thing that saved her life was a Puma rubber sliders. Great out of these Puma sliders now life savers. They obviously the rubber souls sat the earth turn. That's say it saved her life. Perhaps you wouldn't be here because of something that saved your life.
Speaker 12: My brothers we were playing Monopoly. I was still a baby. I can remember crawling.
Speaker 2: Along the grass Monopoly as a baby.
Speaker 12: No, I wasn't, but my two older brothers were.
Speaker 2: And what were you like the banker? Banker is a bit slow today.
Speaker 12: I was crawling along the floor there was a knife just crack, there was a knife. They're eating toast. It must have been the morning, and there was a knife on their plate. And I picked the knife up and went to put it in the.
Speaker 2: SOCKETI monopoly with knives. You be cheap, get the old knife.
Speaker 3: Out, give me your money.
Speaker 12: Changed, and my eldest brother pulled me back because I was going to put the knife in the socket.
Speaker 2: Wow, saved your life, Yes, he did, Mekayina, So I'm fascinated to hear your story. What happened?
Speaker 19: Yes, when I I was three years old, I was kneeboarding with my family and I'd fallen off the kneeboard and there was another boat that was coming straight for me who didn't actually see me in the water. So Dad had to speed down the river to try and wedge his boat between me and the other boat. That the boat didn't run over me.
Speaker 2: What a hero. That's incredible And what happened.
Speaker 19: So there was no collisions or anything like that, but there was definitely some words had between my dad and the other boat.
Speaker 9: He was not happy.
Speaker 2: That is an amazing story, Mikata, thank you very much for giving us a call. Let's go to Sharon.
Speaker 7: Now, when I was around about six or seven years old, we used to go down to Phillipilond for our holidays and there's a beach there called Red Rock, and I used to have these pair of bathers that Mum used to make me wear that had a big frill at the back on the bottom, and we used to go climbing up there into the rocks, up high on the cliff, and there was an opening that I started sliding down towards heading off the edge of the cliff, and my frill on these papers that I hated got caught on the branch and stuff and falling off page.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. You're literally saved by the thrills.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Yep, that's my memory of it anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not just decorative, No central part of the bathing suit.
Speaker 2: Sharman, that is an amazing story.
Speaker 6: Yep, Trash, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a fully loaded trailer of camping gear.
Speaker 2: This is great. I've got another rest tresh first play what happened?
Speaker 6: A windy mountain road going really slowly around the corners, single lane. Someone's coming the other way around the blind corner really fast. My dad swerves the cargoes off the side of the mountain. The trailer is weighted with the camping gear and keeps us dangling there.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, this is a scene You've seen a movie, isn't it, where they're sort of just hovering on the edge of a precipice.
Speaker 3: How did you get back out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Mom and Dad got out. Were able to get us out really quickly.
Speaker 2: In that situation, it'd be so wide if I get out. This is getting lighter and you're in there.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And a little while later a big, old dirty grader was coming round and was able to winch the car up. But if it wasn't for the trailer, were all the camping gear, and I still hate camping to.
Speaker 10: This day, wouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week is International Crime Stoppers Week, So today we're looking for your illegal bands, your contrabands.
Speaker 3: Very clever, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, criminal bands are saying, who's on stage at first playing at the prison road Rage against the Machine? No, you have cut me up? Silver ben Folds, what's he in for? Yeah? Ben Folds five to ten years, No, don't be shy nine pinched nails. I know you didn't pay for them. Trent gold Strong on this Mega death Penalty Bronze and Ario Speeding Wagon. Slow down, guys, Ario Speeding Wagon. If you got Jackie Boy the criminal Man's he's on the stage at Crimfest.
Speaker 3: Who's on stage at the prison. It's inaccessory to murder?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gold the red hot chili purps.
Speaker 2: A perpetrator? Did you know it's Did you know it stood for perpetrator? Yeah? Where you went?
Speaker 7: P P.
Speaker 3: Pepper is trying to make it sound more like popteppers of Monsters and Men. You got to know the band of Monsters and Men?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, real, everyone really knows that band, rn't they? Yeah? Two thousand and three cool want their band back.
Speaker 3: And hunters and collectors without permits. I can't know. That's not a permit.
Speaker 2: That's a floppy one. Don't get a floppy one out.
Speaker 3: That's stiff.
Speaker 2: Feature new feature.
Speaker 3: I mean I was stiff.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't don't look at Rio and I as well when you're saying that, what's happened? What has happened? All right? Where were we? Criminal bands? Susmissing criminal behavior on the show right here? Criminal bands is what we're looking for. Who's on stage at crimp Vest justin scott pet shop lifting boys, Silver, fled Zeppelin They just took off patent plant. They have fled the scene. Silver plus system of a get down on the ground now. Gold, that's very good, well done Laura Clink one eighty two Gold, that's very good. Kerry Holes of Justice and notes. Silver crowded big house Gold, however, Kelly, no reasonable doubts.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 2: That's some Sam. That's a gold right.
Speaker 3: I didn't really be the bigger man say that.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's okay, so could have changed your mind? Gold where I am guilty, you're honor Silver praise that deserved the gold, match box twenty years. You're gonna go away for crimes against music? Silver but he stole Oh naughty.
Speaker 3: Billy, laughty boy, guardy boy.
Speaker 2: Ben Naked ladies in public, you can't do that. Put some pants on.
Speaker 3: Gold plus.
Speaker 2: That is Stephen Harris, well done, benckid ladies in public, robbery, Williams, naughty Robbie Williams, Tom Petty, theft, Silver, the Mummers and a popper cap in your ass.
Speaker 3: It will be hard to beat the go plus.
Speaker 2: Josh that goes on the mound Rushmore funniest ones of the week The Mummers and popper cap in your ass? That is so good, Josh, well done. Uh scam Halen, silver con Jovi, Silbil plus a Sultan pepper sprayed gold meatloaf with a file inside. Eh you know that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah yeah, bronze.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it takes them a while, listeners. Class A Phil Collins, Class A drugs. They're categorized into different they're graded in terms of being caught possession A Class A.
Speaker 3: Where's Phil Collins coming to it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sorry, it's my bad Class A pil Collins. Oh sorry, Daniel, I screwed up. Oh the bronze is on me, Danny boy, I owe you a gold Sultan perjury mm hmm silver and a quitney spears? Can you have been let off a quitney spears?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast