Speaker 1: Please welcome.
Speaker 2: Hey is Ali Langdon here from a Current Affair and up for a logo. You can vote now for Ali and a Current Affair at tvweeklogis dot com dot Are you Ali Langdon joining us Live Morning All Morning?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you I'm super stressed about this competition with Brooklyn Don't.
Speaker 1: You'll be fine.
Speaker 2: We will get to that, right, we have this coming up. You're both journalists, although we'll talk about the journalism skills hosting a Current Affair. By the way, how many years you've been doing it now?
Speaker 4: This is into my fourth year.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, and we had some big journals before. You're like Ray Martin hosting it. It must have been an honor of a lifetime to come.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean Tracy Grimshaw, I share for seventeen years before before I came in. So, I mean, the show's been on air forever for fifty years, but I think they've only had like five hosts.
Speaker 4: So you're of no pressure, right, no pressure.
Speaker 1: What are your favorite types of stories to do on there?
Speaker 2: Would you build us?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do a couple of those, and you know, we had a great one last week that's gone absolutely nuts on Birdman. So the anonymous man who turns up at four o'clock and feet thousands of birds and then everyone goes insane because they've woken up at five.
Speaker 1: He's just got like a bucket of birds seed.
Speaker 3: That crazy lady from the Mary Poppins movie, you know, she feeds the pigeons.
Speaker 2: Did you find him? Have you tracked him down?
Speaker 3: Oh, Maggie Rayworth has tracked him down. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we found him.
Speaker 4: So our next story will be the Birdman Unmasked.
Speaker 2: What about like back in the day, used to do you know, sort of the rocking up to people's homes and or not homes, but you know, going to a dodgy business and what do we call that when you go up and confront them.
Speaker 3: We call it a bounce. And it's still very much a part of the job that we do. You know, you talk to the victims, you talk to people who've been ripped off, and then we're not happy leaving the story there. We want to hunt that person down, the stories to them and just you know what if nothing else make them feel a little bit uncomfortable. Well, I mean, I sit in the studio, I've got a dodgy nie. I'm not allowed to chase anyone down the streets. Steve Marshall had had a story on Monday night where he had four bounces and one of them was a Supreme Court judge.
Speaker 4: And I mean not in that, not in.
Speaker 3: His capacity as that in another capacity, but yeah, I mean that that was that was bouncing on.
Speaker 1: I always think a current affair gets a bad rap in terms of like all they do is chase down dodgy builders. But if there was no current affair, you could have threatened your build up with going to a current affair.
Speaker 3: Literally, But it's more than that too, Like we get results for people all the time, and it's the greatest part of the terms. At the end of it, I can say, hey, you know we've got this person there nda is funding or we've done we've fixed this. The insurance company is going to look at this claim where someone's been living in a house full of mold for years because they haven't they have been insurance didn't go through properly. And it's a really, really nice feeling. It's just that idea of just standing up for the little guy and it comes with the power of the brand. Like you threaten the current affair, we make a phone call saying we're acquiring. It's amazing how quickly things do turn around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's unreal.
Speaker 1: What about what.
Speaker 3: You interviewed Bonnie Blue?
Speaker 5: Didn't you?
Speaker 4: I did that like that?
Speaker 1: That was you must be a big supporter.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: What was funny is that because I did so much research on that and to get the tone right, not to be that naky person, but also not to come across as someone who supports what she's doing, but to kind of get an insight into why and what happens inside her brain. But I had to watch so much beforehand. We're we're at a party about film. No no, no, no no no, with mates with mates, with a one of my husband's friends, and about a week beforehand, so I says, what have you been up to? And I went, oh, my gosh, I have watched more porn in the last than any human shot.
Speaker 1: Why did your husband's mates have to be there?
Speaker 4: No, no, no no no. I wasn't no no.
Speaker 3: I was at a party and I've been up to and I'd been watching but I didn't give them any context deliberately because I thought it. And my husband came up going, what the hell are you telling my mates and what are you watching? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was, it was. It was a dark duve and I found it all very sad.
Speaker 1: What do you think is going on in her mind?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: The hard thing is like you you know, when she turns around and says, I I love this and all like, I don't see how that is possible.
Speaker 4: I don't see.
Speaker 3: But I also, as a woman, can't tell her how she thinks or feels about it. I worry about in years to come, how that how that sits.
Speaker 1: With her and being pregnant now.
Speaker 3: And yeah, but look, you know, and that's why that's why she was an interesting Yeah, she would have been who what would you say has been in the forty years that you've been doing this your most memorable guest.
Speaker 4: I would have to say Professor Richard.
Speaker 3: Scolily, because it was just a beautiful friendship. He was he I mean, he helped cure melanoma and then had an incurable brain cancer, but putting his life on the line as a guinea pig to try all these new therapies and has moved science forward twenty years in doing so.
Speaker 4: And he was just an incredible human.
Speaker 3: And I've become really good mates with little Nikki Tadross who was the little boy who lost his mum in the sea. What helicopter crash and he was severely injured and he is just a you know, a little darling.
Speaker 4: And those they're the ones.
Speaker 3: You know. There are lots that do stay with you, but there are two that sort of became, you know, great friends.
Speaker 2: Now we're here. You're a good rapper? Are you a rapper?
Speaker 4: I've won songs, but I kill it. Yeah, I mean I don't think I've ever done it without a few drinks. And luckily, oh I'm a drink so morning.
Speaker 2: What is baby got pack?
Speaker 1: Oh don't you enjoy.
Speaker 2: It from the start with the oh my god, up sober? Yeah, this will be interested.
Speaker 1: I don't know the words enough.
Speaker 4: Big butts and I can a lie. You bustns and I when a girl was singing with any wasting.
Speaker 3: Around things in your face, you get sprung. You gotta pull up tough because you know that butt. It's tough.
Speaker 4: It's deep in the juices, wear red. I hooked and I can't stop staring.
Speaker 3: Oh baby, I want to get witcher and take your picture my homeboice tried to warm baby, but you got make it feels so horty.
Speaker 4: You say, yo, get my hands, will use me, use me?
Speaker 2: Jacob average group.
Speaker 3: I see them dance sim hell weird romance, she sweat wet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god of magazines.
Speaker 3: Average But no one's oh so fellas, yeah fellas, Yeah, you'll preaking up the button. Hell yeah, Shakha Shaka's healthy.
Speaker 1: But you got that.
Speaker 4: Any credibility I may have had.
Speaker 2: We're going to put you up against Brooklyn. Do you think Brooklyn's a real journalists because no, no, no, no, apart from the fact that he reads news on kiss you know, which is not exactly a current affairs quite different.
Speaker 1: Went to Uni, right, I dropped out of university.
Speaker 4: Some of the greatest trains Brooklyn do.
Speaker 2: Not go to university.
Speaker 4: They're all billionaires. Though.
Speaker 2: Can you say you're a real journalist if you don't have the journalism degree?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think you can. Yeah. I'm backing you on this.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mainly because.
Speaker 3: If I rubbish you right now and then you win, who has egg on their face?
Speaker 2: Well, let's see, we are going to Ali Langdon up against Brooklyn, dropped out of university journalists.
Speaker 4: Potential Walkley winner Brooklyn one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I stand by. We're going to do that with a little game involving balloons.
Speaker 1: Oh, next, they're coming in.
Speaker 2: Okay, more with Ali Langdon here on Kiss Good Morning. She is up for a gold LOGI. Ali Langdon is joining us and of course host of the current affair, well known renowned journalists up against Brooklyn Ross who dropped out of university. How long did you do it?
Speaker 3: Uni?
Speaker 1: I did a full year.
Speaker 2: Four year degree, right, three years?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where did you did you do? Bathist?
Speaker 4: I went to Bathist? Ye?
Speaker 2: Yes, so many really like prominent journalists went to that UNI.
Speaker 4: There was there was a lot that went that went through there. I'm just really worried how you've set this up.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's the deal. We got balloons each, three balloons each. If you get a question right, you pop the balloon.
Speaker 1: Right, so we don't pop while we're answering.
Speaker 2: No, you get it right, you get to pop. Yeah, we understand. And they're all news based questions.
Speaker 1: And the balloon's necessary to this game.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, without it fails Amy, Yes, question number one, yell out your name, by the way.
Speaker 1: If you know the answer the name, Okay, you're going down.
Speaker 3: Who is the current premiere of Victoria Ali Ali Ali, Ben Carroll.
Speaker 2: Politic stuff on a current affair not as much these days, boring little.
Speaker 3: Bits and bobs, bits and bobs, but I do try and read the paper.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was the name of Quanas's record breaking twenty four hours to London flight?
Speaker 1: Yep, Project Sunrise, go on, pop the balloon?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I'm actually contractually not allowed to say that word. Quantums no sun.
Speaker 4: So I knew it. I knew it, but couldn't answer away.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Question number three, who was taken over as the coach of the New South Ali.
Speaker 2: Harlee Matt King, You know you're there?
Speaker 3: You go for country New South Wales, My friend, my team's manly so when we're.
Speaker 4: Not looking for the finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, move on, Okay, all right, here we go. What is the name? So we want like the scientific name of the bird flu strain that has been detected in Australia Brookland H one N one not correct, my friends.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what scientific name h those letters but you're missing.
Speaker 5: One more H one one You're both wrong flu five and one Okay behind Australia.
Speaker 2: Which country came second at the two thousand Oh?
Speaker 1: Ali you can't. I'm very confident on this one.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it's actually between two. England Yeah, sorry, I panics. I should have said my.
Speaker 1: Name one in mine to celebrate her.
Speaker 2: So who's won that?
Speaker 4: I think Australia one this morning, Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Congratulations you have one, but now you've got to win the gold LOGI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's the Beau, bring it home. Okay, you're going to help you in the vote. You are, so I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if you want to vote, I have.
Speaker 3: Lost TV week logis dot com dot are you Alie?
Speaker 2: You're getting my vote purely for that wrap.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much. Thanks guys, that was very fun, well done. We'll play a sport, yeah,