Speaker 1: Oh oh, we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back. Oh my gosh, what a day, What a day.
Speaker 1: Feel I'm exhausted, but exhilarated.
Speaker 2: I'm exhausted, but I've got a camera roll that's never looked better. Line. Oh my gosh, it's unbelievable. It looks like AI.
Speaker 1: It does look like AI, but it's just AO.
Speaker 2: It is button.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: We've never used that button before. Eagle shwantak. Yes, you heard correctly, now dropping. She was in here and she was in control of that whatever you call it she found. Yeah, she played with a few things.
Speaker 1: I think she found a bunch of new sound effects I don't even know existed, So good for her. Today was media.
Speaker 2: Day, Media day.
Speaker 1: We are still a couple of days out from the tournament kicking off proper, and today was the day where they turn players through the gauntlet of interviews. Yes, and I have never had more stilted conversations in my life.
Speaker 2: You warned me, You did warn me, and I thought, how hard can it be? And then it happened, and I was like, oh, this this could be. This could be a long day, and I think it felt really long. Can we go into plays?
Speaker 3: Well, I think like for the most part, I probably can't say who was well hint the most painful.
Speaker 2: Hint.
Speaker 1: I think we did a total of twenty interviews.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that many?
Speaker 1: I think it was up there, and I mean, look, I'm going to say it, by far and away, the worst, most painful interview of the day was.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm a big tennis geek, so I loved meeting some players that I hadn't met yet doing other promo things for the AO, so it was great to play the one point.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that was cool. I don't think I won any matches. No, I think I've got a couple. Maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do a super cut of all the sting palm. I did leave a massive welt on Taylor Fritz's back, and our producer suggested that it's knocked him out of the AO. Yeah, he's pulled out of the tournament with a welt. But I mean, so many people were so fun to talk to. The thing is, you get them sometimes at the end of their tether on media day and they're so sick of answering the same.
Speaker 2: Time, can you imagine what they're saying about us? I went into this podcastudio and this guy there, Mike's other chicken what tracksuit, trying to talk to me. She was trying to play table tennis. And then one of them wanted to date me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did have a date scenario that went.
Speaker 2: Para shape went absolutely.
Speaker 1: So many interviews throughout the day. I kind of got a little tired myself of asking people, what's the weirdest thing you found in your tennis bag? We're going We're delirious. We've been here all day. The players had a great time because he did We're giving him something different. We backed Yannick Center into a corner, asking him if he'd ever hang out with Kim Jong un, and then one player, in a very fun, you know vibe, suggested that we should be further vetted by Craig Tyler.
Speaker 2: I think our exact words were, you guys are going to get canceled.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She asked whether Craig Tiley was across what was happening here, and Craig, we know you're watching and listening and you got our backs, but if you want to fire us, maybe just Lizzie hey, because I just I just love what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a big fan You're stylish. Your stylish, you cool. It has been a long day. Craig Talley is stylish, You're cool.
Speaker 4: You're my guy.
Speaker 1: Is it's the best. So yeah, playing ping pong with some people that I've watched playing tennis for years was both nerve wracking and awesome.
Speaker 2: It was so cool. Yeah, I was better at the ping pong. Then we got into champagne pong. At one point, I missed the champagne pong. You did miss the champagne pong, And that was probably the most mortifying moment of my life. I thought one point slam was bad. Playing champagne pong with Isla tom Lanovitch brutal.
Speaker 1: Did you choke?
Speaker 2: I've choked in all three games, Zi Zoo tom Lanovich Ani Simova. I I was I wasn't even hitting the table. Sometimes, what's happened?
Speaker 1: Because you were you drinking?
Speaker 2: I'm sober? Oh wow, I know this is bad. And Isla was like, wow, you're really bad at this. It's been a long day.
Speaker 1: It's been a long day. But some great player interviews. We're gonna be kind of drip feeding those out. We'll be doing kind of a super cut of all the pain pong, stingpong whatever. Maybe I'm the only one that calls it.
Speaker 2: Because there were a lot of Americans in here today and most of them called it stingpong.
Speaker 1: We'll just stick with stingpong from here on out. And I noticed people were taking it easy on you when you would.
Speaker 2: Lose a point, which I didn't appreciate. But I took it easy on Eliza the other day, so maybe that it does feel weird when you're hitting a ball at a woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially one who's crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Especially they're probably like, we couldn't hit it while she's down. She's really bad at this.
Speaker 1: She'll be perfect.
Speaker 2: Tennis, no way.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to another episode of Pod labor Arena. Once again, you are joined by Mike Goldstein and the wood Bird to my Woodbridge Lizzie, who.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: It's such a pleasure to interview another person. Oh, I live for it.
Speaker 2: How good?
Speaker 1: But at least no, like I would love to hear the ideal interview, you know, because you got jokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah sometimes, Yeah, you got some zazz zizuzu.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like he was one of my favorites today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is awesome, but Yeah, it's been a big day, a lot happening around the grounds. We haven't even got into the draw. Yeah, last night, welcome to headline calls, everybody's favorite segments. So many things to discuss. Uh, the draw is out. How do you feel?
Speaker 2: Well? I saw our poor demon. Now is he demon?
Speaker 4: He has a hard drawer.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, he is coming up against Matteo Barretini in the first round. I mean, speaking of punks, Baratini is right up there with the top hounk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's tophunk, top punk. Yeah, he's up the top five hunks. Oh yeah, Oh, we haven't done this top five hunks. Well, this is a mix, is not like one I think al Choraz. Who else do we have in today? Grigor h Gregor, go ahead, Watch of the day? Everything about Everyone came in with their watches. Yeah, I was eyeing the watches.
Speaker 1: Gregor was sitting right next to me, and I felt pregnant afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my over reason, Voom voom.
Speaker 1: Top three watches of the day.
Speaker 2: Who did you think? There are a couple of girl. I think I'm gonna have to go back through my pitches. That's all right, let's can that segment?
Speaker 1: Well, can top three watches, but stay tuned for our new segment Watch Watch. The draw is out, I'll just quickly scan it through the men's draw and see what pops out at me. And if you're doing the bracket challenge at home, I'm going to go through the men's singles draw and just talk about some matches that pop out at me. Lizzie, you'll be looking at the women's draw after this. As discussed before, Demon are Barrettini. That's a real highlight of an opening.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's a tough match Demon Demon. Yeah. Although I did look at the matchups last year and they had one each.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, I think Barrettini's I know they've both had injuries, but Barrettini maybe struggled more with some physical issues in the past year. And then also the home field and Vanta.
Speaker 2: Is it an advantage though?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Because I think sometimes there's too much pressure, right, But we.
Speaker 1: Had him in here today. He's chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great track suit, great track suit, got.
Speaker 1: The threads on some of the and I'm here wearing a headband, cotton on T shirt. Uh. In the men's draw, some matches I'm looking forward to. You got to talk about the hometown players. Tristan school Kate has a tough draw. He's playing Quarantine Mouta, the wiley Frenchman. What do you think I think is going to take that. He's real slicy, real tricky. He's really gonna put a lot of pressure on school Kate. And yeah, it's a tough one, and I think all the Aussies kind of have a tough draw. Jordan Thompson is playing Cerrendolo, so that could be tough for Jordan. I think he comes through that one. So these are just the Sunday and Eye matches. There's so much look forward to. Another Koobler, a qualifier, Australian qualifier is playing Francis Tfo.
Speaker 2: I know that's hard. The most Australians to qualifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for this Open, that's huge, I know. And it looks like none of them will get through the first round.
Speaker 2: Brutal coming from an America.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, that's all right. And then another Australian, Walton, is up against Alcarez in the first round at Rod Laver Arena.
Speaker 2: I mean, what a moment though, Yeah, oh yeah, it's huge. Yeah to play Alcoraz.
Speaker 1: I know, center court, are you going to go. Are you gonna be out there supporting the Aussies? Yeah?
Speaker 2: O o OI all the way. Have you thought of a new you know what I'm thinking? We just sing ac DC songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think it's thunderstrung? Yeah, school Kate.
Speaker 2: What's the Dallas Cowboy? He's a CDC song.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys a CDC song?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that the one they danced to. You didn't watch Dallas Cowboys, no cheerleading documentary.
Speaker 1: I did, but with the sound off.
Speaker 2: And my door clubs.
Speaker 1: A couple other matches that are leaping out at me from the men's draw. One of my favorite players, Alexander Bublick is playing Jensen Brooksby of America.
Speaker 2: Oh this you torn?
Speaker 1: Torn?
Speaker 2: What are you thinking?
Speaker 1: I think Bublick takes that one. I love the boob, I love the lick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then just quickly, I'll have a look at the Monday Ones. Caspar Rude playing Baluchi. That's worth watching. There's an all American match Leerner TN again Mark against Marcus Kuran.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna watch it. I love Lerner t.
Speaker 2: If you watch him play it, yeah, he's fun, he's fine.
Speaker 1: Who do you? Who do you picking that one? Tien over Marcus gran and that our personal best friend after today. Grigor Dimitrov is against Thomas Mahach always got his name around a Chuck mahawk. He wears tiny shorts. That's all I know.
Speaker 2: We love a king.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna go Gregor in that one? Just yeah?
Speaker 2: Great? Watch?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he was he was a great hang as well.
Speaker 1: He was a good hang. He was good value. Ben Shelton against Ugo Humbert and I've learned it's we can't call anyone named Ugo Ugo. Do you remember the guy that cut his hair? It's what they prefer Ugo.
Speaker 2: Yes, did someone come?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The all the Ugos come after me. Hard Jokovic is up against Pedro Martinez, who got deep in the one point slam the other day. But I stilln't feel like Jokovic has that in the bag. That's gonna be an he bet for you. Oh, this will be a good match. Sinner is playing Hugo Gaston. Cinner is going to be the heavy favorite in that one, but huge, huge, Hugo Gaston is another French guy with a very unorthodox game a lot of slices, a lot of just trick shots. So yeah, that'll be a good one to watch. And then of course stan Varenka playing Laslo Jier.
Speaker 2: Stand the man. We hope he goes through. Yeah, we want a little bit of a sendoff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. It's his last time at the AO. This is the last one I'll ask you about. In the men's draw for the first round, local boy Sweeney against Gale moon Fees. That's hard, hard. They're both so likable, both these players.
Speaker 2: But I mean, but yeah, I think I'm gonna go Sweeney. I think Sweeney, Yeah, I mean, I just want it in the the crowd behind it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, one of the most likable players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the best of all time. All right, and I'm going with my heart. I'm going with my Aussie.
Speaker 1: Price Sweeney over gailmand Fees. You heard it here, all right. And then Lizzie going through the women's.
Speaker 2: All right, and looking at the women's drawer. Here people that I would want to watch if I if I could watch all of these, Paulini.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I love her, Jasmine Paulini taking on Sasnovich. So you like Paulini and that Pauline's Paulini seated seventh and looks like Sasnovich unseated, so the heavy favorite. Definitely, I'd see Marta Costjak against Jacques mo and Marta costjac propositioned me for a date when she was in here for the interview gossip for everybody. Oh she did.
Speaker 2: She actually came back looking for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: She was like, Ah, that guy, the tall one, the weird heads, is he still around? Like, I don't know where he is, honey.
Speaker 1: Brutal, brutal stuff. So anyone else sleeps out at you? From the women's Venus Williams, she's back.
Speaker 2: Yes, I really want to watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Danilovich, who are you picking that one?
Speaker 2: I'm going Williams. I'm going with my heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I could be wrong, but I think Danilovitch came through qualifiers, so she must be in good form. I don't know. I mean, I want Venus to win, you know, you want her to have She keeps playing. She's older than us, she.
Speaker 2: Looks good, she looks great. Okay, I'm gonna go. We've got Gibson, Alia Gibson.
Speaker 1: God. The women's draw. It's hard to pick, honestly, like some of these names. Sabalnka in her first round is playing Raca Tomeonga Ra Jonah. I mean, what are the odds on Rakka Ma Tone Jonah.
Speaker 2: Let's go Monday.
Speaker 1: Can we predict a double bagel?
Speaker 2: Let's go Monday? All right, a game. I'm looking forward to Leila Fernandez Firsus Genie Tian.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, Leila Fernandez. I like Leila, who, of course played Emma Radikanu in that US Open final from a few years ago, and both, you know, we're so likable and so awesome, and then Rata Khanu just edged her out. But Fernandez has been a stayer on the circuit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looks strong. Yeah, she's good. But I really there's a lot of hype around this Indonesian player.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm going with her the Indonesian players, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know, I'm going for a lot of first round upsets.
Speaker 1: Right. I love the confidence there, even though you're unsure how to pura.
Speaker 2: What about the Canadian Moboco?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she is in red hot form. Moboco took out Madison Keys at the Adelaide International.
Speaker 2: She looks very good up against Emerson Jones and now I do want to go with my heart here, but I think I'm going to go with the Canadian. Okay, she's looking good. I think like she's going to go far in this competition, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, there's a player here who I'm aware of, volley Nets. I think it's Katie volley NEETs.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a tennis brand.
Speaker 1: It's really, you know, uh self fulfilling prophecy.
Speaker 2: What else could she have done?
Speaker 1: There was a guy a few years ago Tennis Sangrin Tennis sang. His first name was Tennis and he was from This is not a lot of Tennessee great, that's true. Oh, this one's great. Carolina Plishkova against our very own Sloan Stevens and I say that, oh well, and podlavor Arena's very own.
Speaker 2: We had her in here and we loved her.
Speaker 1: She was the best.
Speaker 2: She was great. I'm obviously going to go for Sloan.
Speaker 1: You're going for Sloan against the big hitter, Carolina Piskva.
Speaker 2: I want to see Sloan through. Speaking of great names, Storm Hunter what a name. Yeah? Got through the qualifiers?
Speaker 1: Yeah she did? And so who is she up against?
Speaker 2: Jay Boozas?
Speaker 1: Okay, Jay Bozzaz Jay boos as Oh bo Jessica Jessica boo Oh. Also Ega Shavontek is taking on you on in the first round. Ego's seated number two. Some interesting news about Ego, Yeah, I heard.
Speaker 2: It in the corridors. A lot of whisky goss up happening out there. But apparently in a press conference one of the reporters said, oh, you know, in the third or fourth round, you could play this person or this person, and Eiger wasn't happy about that. She did not want to know who she could potentially play. She's just looking what's in front of her, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Makes sense. There's a lot of players like that that don't want to know the jraw. They just want to show up and play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Well I did ask Ela tom Lenovitch today who are you looking for to playing? And she said what kind of question is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's amazing. I think did you not ask her? Are you looking what? Who are you looking for to play? Or are you looking for.
Speaker 4: What kind of question is that?
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All the players are debuting their new threads here at the Australian Open. Uh, we'll get Liza West back in here for the Fashion Police segment. But people are talking about Yannick Center's little mustard number.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it. You like it? Yeah, I quite like it.
Speaker 1: Does mustard go with carrots?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to taste a flavor profile in my mouth and it's not It's not a usual combination. Gingers look good in autumnal colors. Yeah, look at you. I know, call me the new Liza.
Speaker 3: West, Liza East. Everybody very good, thank you, very good.
Speaker 1: Oh. One of the new segments that we started doing today with the tennis players we interviewed was would you rafter?
Speaker 2: Very clever?
Speaker 1: Very clever? Pat Raftor's name falls into a would you rather scenario? But it's just we're asking doubles partners for a lot of people. We'd put two people up on the screen and who would you rather hang out with? Stuck on a desert island with? And apparently our producer has put together one of his own and this looks like, what do you guys do? And I mean Martina Hingis.
Speaker 2: And what's his deal? Oh? Definitely the Saudi. Oh yeah, you just hang out with us, Crown Prince.
Speaker 1: You just did the comedy festival and I am filthy rich. I don't think that's Saudi. I'm gonna hang with Hingers, I think. Yeah. But he has set up his own burger place called chic Check. Some tireless efforts by the team.
Speaker 2: It was a really well done team and Spunky, I don't know. Big shout out to the ace man, our sound guy, Yeah, Sounde, who tried on a number of occasions too for us to eat his pistachios. He's always trying to push these pistachios.
Speaker 1: What uh, how exactly are the pistachios presented to us?
Speaker 2: They're presented in their original plastic box. And he hasn't been throwing out the shells anywhere. He's just been putting them back in the box.
Speaker 1: So you got to dig through his filthy shells little pistachio to find a pistachio.
Speaker 2: And its yeah, it's it's not appealing, and it's mainly we've been here for what four days, he's gone through the pistachios. I had one just out of politeness the other day, did you Yeah? I did, and I did. And usually if I have one pistachio, I can't stop iceman, but I stopped after one.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure this is how COVID started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. But the real thing we've got to praise him for is that he was He had a lot of trappic ass today, Ace Man.
Speaker 1: Is this true?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, he was holding on all day and then finally this afternoon he had a bit of time to go to the men's and what did you say, acemn.
Speaker 1: He dispatched successfully.
Speaker 2: Getting too comfortable arena. Well, not not we Ace Man.
Speaker 1: He's the best.
Speaker 2: He's the best him.
Speaker 1: And thank you for you know, containing your gas and not not ruining Marta Kostik's day because she is a princess and must be predicted at all costs, all right, And then coming up stick around for an interview with Diego Shortsman.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we love diegol Peck.
Speaker 1: Today we have Diego Schwartzman in the studio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to arena.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Let's right, let's writ bake it backy than.
Speaker 2: When I was.
Speaker 4: He's trying to say, Becky.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Peck? All right? El peck?
Speaker 4: Fun decent just started.
Speaker 1: It's okay, thanks so much for being here. I've been a huge fan for a long time. I remember your semi final against Raffa at the French well got to the semifinals.
Speaker 4: Man, I didn't have lucky. You know, I was thinking when I arrived to Melbourne, I was thinking about my second week in different Grand slams. I always loosing against Novak or Rafa like six times.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fuck, how much money I lost? This guys, money points, everything.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't for those two dudes, it would be the easiest run.
Speaker 4: No, back still here, he's still here.
Speaker 2: Have you seen him yet? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw him in the logo and he said to me, I'm here because I want the young guys still running on court, right yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you have you seen Roger Federer around?
Speaker 4: He's around, He's around, but I didn't see him. Okay, yeah, it's going to be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be good. It's only twenty thousand bucks to shake his.
Speaker 2: Hand, did you know that?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, really, people are paying that.
Speaker 4: It's so that really yeah people. Yeah, to see Russia shake the hand, yeah yeah, hundred percent. People is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people look crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you paid Roger twenty grand, what would you expect in return?
Speaker 4: At least play play yeah head for twenty minutes? I said, no, Yeah, at least but.
Speaker 1: I've seen the clip of you and him playing ping pong. Yeah yeah, win those matches and.
Speaker 4: Now we just did like a few points. It wasn't a Labor Cup in two in London. Yeah, yeah, good moments. Always share moments with these kind of guys. For me, it was very special. Also, my family always went to to the Labor Cup, so they always met Russia and all these guys. It's like, what the fuck what.
Speaker 2: We are doing?
Speaker 4: People is paying twenty twenty Now.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that I didn't want to bring this, so you said, ala am I saying that right, Yeah, it's okay, which translates to little one, little one, right, and you're happy with that, next, dame.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's okay. My family said that to me when I was young, because I not because of my size, because of I was the little of the family. And then I don't know why, my friends start to repeat it. And then you know, on court in Buenos Aires, especially in the ATP during February, people listen to my friends, listen to family, and they start to repeat, you know, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Here, so that's what your family and friends call you too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well no they they they said to me some some friends. They called me by my second name, Sev, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my family just called me packer, packer Americans. It's not nice. And I didn't want to say this, but our boss Shannon said to tell you, we found your tennis.
Speaker 4: Right as soon as as soon as I said, I was thinking, okay, this is my racket.
Speaker 2: This has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 4: She just gave us.
Speaker 1: So who's your pick for the Australian Open twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: It's difficult to say, but I think Senor and Alcoraz right now are a little bit, you know, a few steps, yeah, the to the rest. They show unreal tennis. Last year I went to Turin and I saw their level and it's crazy in another step. But I don't know this year. Always when you start Australian Open, it's for many the first tournament, so it's so difficult to play the first tournament. But these guys always do well, so let's see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is there someone outside of Alcohorazer Center, like a dark horse that you could see getting through the draw and making it at least to the final.
Speaker 4: Difficult to say, but like a new name, I hope Fonseca. But I like him also for South America, being Argentina, he's Brazilian, but being South American. For US, it's very important to have one very far. I think he's going to have a great year, so maybe there is a chance to start well. But he pulled out the first tournament, so let's see how he is, you know, physically.
Speaker 1: What did you watch the one point slap?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm part of the organization right now, part of Tennis Ausia. After the Yeah, did you love it?
Speaker 2: Were you jealous?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, I don't miss the court, to be honest, but I think it was an important event for the people who is watching at home, you know Argentina, I mean South America. When when I wake up today and I saw all the the streamers and everyone, you know, repeating the highlights and talking about this. They they never spoke about tennis before. Now they are speaking, you know, like what the fuck? An amateur guy with a million dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyone could have won.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing, like they should. Jordan Smith, a guy who wanted don't you think he should get a wild card into the main draw.
Speaker 4: Now it's okay like this he won a yeah as much just won the prizes, Yeah, unbelievable, but I think the band was nice. People enjoyed. This is the most important thing. But also the players. I spoke today just trying to to have a feedback from the players and everyone. Everyone was enjoying.
Speaker 2: So what is your job now at Tennis Australia.
Speaker 4: I mean the player relations team with Andrea, with the Resilian guys.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Tell us.
Speaker 4: Everyone is happy? I think, really really, I decide to take the job because I think Australian Open is one of the best by far in the relation with the players. You know, they if you go downstairs for the layers, it's an amazing event.
Speaker 1: Everyone says that it's the best event. They treat the players the best.
Speaker 4: The facilities are the best facilities by fire. You know.
Speaker 1: I worked out at the gym with the players yesterday.
Speaker 4: Ahead of my going like.
Speaker 2: What did you do? Because I'm not saying anything, maybe walking around with with.
Speaker 4: I want to shake back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was doing twelve hours lifts basically. Maria Sockery was working out next to me and I felt very peck Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm still walking in the gym every day or running here. The Yarra River is so nice. Yeah, and also was helping me to fight the shed log fourteen hours?
Speaker 2: When did you get it?
Speaker 4: Sunday?
Speaker 1: Right now? I'm a so you're Argentinian. Do you wear the little budgy smugglers? Have you heard that term before?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I like how your hand went like that.
Speaker 1: If you go for a swim there you were in the speedos, I don't yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, to cover up your little l peck, but we don't use that.
Speaker 4: They should get.
Speaker 2: Some budgy smugglers here, I think, so that's a brand of like swim with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the little speedos that a lot of European guys were.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they have tennis ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get some Ale branded.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You're allowed to go to swim in the yarra, I think no, no, nobody.
Speaker 2: It's quite dirty.
Speaker 1: You can if you want diarrhea forever.
Speaker 4: But you have the seat here. Think about the cities in Australia. I have the sea cloaths. Yeah, it's so nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well let's try something with the diego. We are trialing a new game here at pod Labor Arena called would You Rafter? So it's basically would you rather? So we'll give you some options and you tell us which one you would rather do. We've just forced the raft's name.
Speaker 4: Okay again it Yeah.
Speaker 1: So here's your first round of would you rafter? This is the doubles edition. Would you rather play doubles with this guy Nick Kurios Or would you rather play doubles with.
Speaker 2: This Donald Trump? Or Nick?
Speaker 4: You know, the guy is loving the Argentinian president, taking about him every time and helping helping Argentina with a lot of money the last few months. Yeah crazy, Okay, yeah, so but doubles though, I think right now we play with Donald just no more than some about my country in the next few years, you know, just because of that. This is trade relations back.
Speaker 1: To Donald real quick man. Look at the.
Speaker 2: Underwear.
Speaker 1: It's bad for him. I don't know what's going on with that.
Speaker 4: Forad it's a Wimbledon clothing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Red, and that is a giant ass on the man.
Speaker 4: Be careful.
Speaker 2: I would love it if he listened to this podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, a couple more options for would you rafter the doubles category? Would you rather play doubles? Yeah, with Simona Halip or this person we have.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm actually kind of happy that you don't know who Reagun is. This is our national embarrassment, right this this is an Australian breakdancer. You know what the paras Olympics last year they had break dancing and this is who represented us. And then she came out and she did all of these crazy Australian animal moves. Well correct, it was embarrassing.
Speaker 1: She was the equivalent of you know that wild r to the Nairobi Tournament and the w t A did you didn't see that? All right? This was just like basically a fraud on an international stage. Yeah, so you would go Simona, yes, definitely. One more round of would you rather doubles edition? We have Anastasia? Yes her? Or would you go with well Danny DeVito?
Speaker 5: There I think with these guys, look at this guys go on, yeah, you two together on the court would be we need a chair not serve.
Speaker 1: This guy would be amazing. He looks comfy though, He's definitely comfortable. All right. One more option for would you wrap her doubles edition? This is Jordan Smith, the winner in a million points around so fromdly so good or this person?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah we played together? Yeah we beat first round again? Gran right, one of the best teams around the world. Of course we beat them and we're born same same day, well me in nineteen ninety two. I don't know. He's a year two. What day, sixteen August from Leo.
Speaker 2: Leo leaders.
Speaker 1: Selfish and that was Carlo.
Speaker 2: You said it.
Speaker 4: I love Leo, you know when I see I say, yeah, I have the bad things and good things from.
Speaker 1: Leo Monte Carlo. That was a good tournament for you. Yeah, yeah, but Rio was the one where you.
Speaker 4: You know, it was my last really good, good tournament playing I lost since he passed quarterfinance. I was four zero on the third up, serving to go through the semi finals, and I lost this much.
Speaker 1: Well, at least you're not still thinking about it.
Speaker 4: You can see the highlights. One of them before the match point he shumped for a bully the winner. It was brutal, super crazy.
Speaker 1: That's all right. Well, we just showed you Jordan Smith from the one million dollar one point slam. What we're doing here at Pod Labor Arena is we jump on the ping pong table for a zero dollar, zero dollar one slam.
Speaker 4: The lunch you play the lunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can take you to the cafeteria.
Speaker 1: If you lose the point, we're doing pain pong or sting pong where the other player gets the ball. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. So I think you and Lizzie are going to verse each other today.
Speaker 2: So first.
Speaker 1: Rock paper scissors to see who's the herbs.
Speaker 4: And it's on four four, okay, okay, one two three, ah, I'm serving.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Diego won the Rock paper scissors and has elected to serve take away. Oh the double handed backhand.
Speaker 4: I want to set up.
Speaker 1: Lizzy takes at one point, well, you know the stakes. Oh yeah. Oh it stings, It stings a little bit.