Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: How did you get your name?
Speaker 2: If you have a story about how you got your name, share it with us today Call me thirteen fifty five twenty two Morning to Santo Christian. You're right about Australians just adding whatever they want to your name. I obviously have a foreign name, Santo. Santo is a great name. I believe it's Portuguese or Spanish for Saint Awesness. I have to wear a name tag for my job. It just actually says on it Santo. But everywhere go it's say Santos. No one calls me. My actual name has written so you can read it easily. They just add the old s at the end. Welcome to Australia, Santos Christian. My son is Russell Russell Hobbs.
Speaker 1: That yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Even now in his thirties, people still ask if he was named after the kettle.
Speaker 1: It was a I would ask that as well.
Speaker 2: That's the name game, as in, that's in the kettle where don't we racing that one Hobbs Russell Hobbs is afterwards late uncle Christian.
Speaker 1: My name is Kara.
Speaker 2: My parents Tom was named after a character in the novel Brideshead Revisited. But I'm pretty sure the character was a prostitute. No, I think she's a mistress. I don't know about that. She was the mistress to a lord, but I don't I'm not sure. I'm not sure. I hope even grown up believing that.
Speaker 1: She just whacked my glasses against him. Sometimes I get too close. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Every day I try to really these people, Hi, Christian. And my mother was a big movie fan, loved the Western Shane, so she called me shame off the back of that, Christian. David Joe was the breakfast announce of a decade in Newcastle at two n X and two KO everything.
Speaker 1: So he's DJ DJ. I hope he used that. I hope he used that. All right, let's take some cols here. Oh god, we actually have a David Jones on the line.
Speaker 2: Now, Morning David, Morning, Christian. How are you. I'm good, buddy, welcome to the show. See you are actually a David Jones.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yes, named after my grandfather gotcha.
Speaker 1: And do you get any confusion with the department store?
Speaker 3: Yes? Always, always, so I play on it, Neil, I take photos if I'm standing out for.
Speaker 2: The David Jones, thank you very much for calling him.
Speaker 3: No worries. That a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you now, Steve, morning, Steve.
Speaker 4: Good morning gang.
Speaker 3: My brother's name is Drewen, named after Drewen from.
Speaker 1: The place near Gippsland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was only until we got a little bit older when we realized what the true meaning of it was. When mum and dad said that they had a very nice weekend there.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a whole side category for this is named after the place you were conceived.
Speaker 4: I really thought there was a lot of immacular conception going on there.
Speaker 1: Regional Victoria. All right, Steve, thank you very much. You killed me.
Speaker 4: Have a good day, have a great day, guys.
Speaker 1: Elise, good morning, Lise. Hello, Now when I pronounce your name right, yes it is Elise, Elise. How did you get your name? What's the story?
Speaker 4: So my parents were massive hippies back in the seventies. They lived for some time in a cave in Greece, in Syros, and it was a nerdiest colony. I was named I was conceived there information that was shared with me, and I was named after one of the ladies that they lived in the cave with.
Speaker 1: Wow, cave lady, this is incredible. Who of us can say we were conceived in a cave? Man it's And.
Speaker 4: It was very funny when I had my first child and I was at the birth in class and they said, let's go around and talk about our names and where they came from, and people like I was named after my grandmother and I was named after my uncle. And then I was like, okay, so so.
Speaker 1: And then they just moved back to Australia and litter led a normal life. Were they in the caves?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they just you know, they were hippies just traveling around. And yeah, they came back and lived the normal life.
Speaker 1: And have they got any photos of that time?
Speaker 4: They do, and the friends.
Speaker 2: They're going to bring those out, They're going to bring those out. It's a cave lady's knock around with.
Speaker 4: Yes they do. And my friends have all seen the photos.
Speaker 2: And parents love getting out old embarrassing photos of you, like oh and here you are naked?
Speaker 1: Have never gone out.
Speaker 4: Naked?
Speaker 1: What a great story though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a good one, that is.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank you very much. You give us a call.
Speaker 4: Thanks have a good day.
Speaker 2: That was almost merging into you couldn't make it up. Whomers can say our parents conceived in a cave, naked in Greece.
Speaker 1: Incredible. Christian O'Connell Show podcast