Speaker 1: I've told you, April can't pre empt a snee.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm better at it now practicing.
Speaker 1: She's like, anyway, Laurie, look at.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to two doting dads and two doting mums.
Speaker 4: I'm Maddie, Jay.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura, and I'm April.
Speaker 4: This is a podcast all about parenting.
Speaker 1: It is the good, it is the bad, and the relatable.
Speaker 3: And if you've come for any type of advice, stop right now because it's not going to happen, especially on this episode.
Speaker 5: I guess why you're wondering, why are we coming Tuesday with a bonus episode?
Speaker 3: Because we just thought, wouldn't it be a delightful thing to do us two families coming together and having just a joyous time, And then we thought and we'll record.
Speaker 4: Look very confused, not at all.
Speaker 1: I'm just listen to me judging us, just seeing I was also judge when.
Speaker 6: The experts here years under.
Speaker 4: We're only ranked one hundred and fifty five in the country.
Speaker 7: It's not the content, it's the setup. I'm confused by the current.
Speaker 4: Naked right now, this is an orgy. The keys are in the bowl.
Speaker 5: We have decided to take two families away on a little getaway to the Central Coast. We've decided to take two families on a little vacation to get to know each other a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Regretfully, I would say, what part of it?
Speaker 8: Do you regret all of it?
Speaker 1: I've seen your feet way too many times.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look, you've.
Speaker 7: Come it on my toes. But I think you enjoyed it. When people give you an insult, but really they're like, there's some nice toes.
Speaker 1: So that's the vibe.
Speaker 5: I was coming down the stairs before and I was like, gee, Marley's got some big feet. Really, and I can't read the corner it was Laura.
Speaker 1: I was like, gee, Marley's got some hairy feet. They're not airy.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Back immediately.
Speaker 3: We currently are staying out a beach called Forest's Beach for those people unaware, it is about an hour and a half north of Sydney. We're in like Ash's Neck of the Woods. More so we normally go down south for a trip away. We thought we'll do this for the wix'espin, but it's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: We've got a really beautiful house.
Speaker 3: Beautiful right on the beach front, and I just I'm going to say it. It has been such a treat. It's been so fantastic. We've all got along so well. This has been heaven.
Speaker 7: I do feel like I need to apologize though, because I heard on the phone yesterday so Ash called and Matt was like, we're leaving at three, And I knew as soon as I heard him say that like that that actually was never happening. There was not ever a possibility that we were going to leave it three. I in fact had a doctor's appointment that started.
Speaker 1: At three pm.
Speaker 7: So we left at five o'clock and we called Ash as we were leaving and parting BONDI and that was like, yeah, yeah, we're not that far.
Speaker 8: We're supposed to.
Speaker 7: Be arriving at that time. And As was like, oh yeah, how long are you going to be? And Matt was like like an hour and forty five, which is the exact amount of time it takes two.
Speaker 1: Actually we've just left.
Speaker 5: It was funny because I was in the car with April when Matt's like, three.
Speaker 4: O'clock, will leave, And then did I say that? Yeah? I wasn't thinking when I said And then I looked.
Speaker 1: At April and what that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, four fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm just to it now. He's always late.
Speaker 8: I'm glad that you know who he is though, like that's the person.
Speaker 5: But I am so like irritating early to everything that I know he'll be late, and I'm still there early thinking maybe this time.
Speaker 3: I've gotten better, I've gotten better, But actually I've been I've been very surprised by you, Ash for this trip because we did arrive late. We came in close to six pm, which with kids is really hard.
Speaker 1: It was six o three.
Speaker 8: I think it was like six thirteen thirteen. Y's right, Thank you?
Speaker 3: Wasn't I don't know if this was Ash or this was you April, but you guys had done the groceries. There was food on the table, you had fish, tacos.
Speaker 1: Spill the beans and there Darland, who was it?
Speaker 2: It was a bit of both. I'm going to say, no, I did.
Speaker 6: I did a big grocery shop before we came, and then you ran to the groceries while we're here to get the things that needed to go in the.
Speaker 1: Fridge, the more critical things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's how we planned it.
Speaker 1: I was like, when the Johnsons get here wanted to be fed.
Speaker 7: I was pleasantly surprised there was food for the kids. It was food for us. We woke up this morning. I slept in where we say we woke up. Everybody else woke up. I casually waltzed in at seven am and Ash had cooked breakfast like things were in the dishwasher.
Speaker 8: I could live like this more often. We should go away more. This has been great.
Speaker 3: Holiday Ash is a different to like everyday Ash. Is that always been the case?
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I think no.
Speaker 6: I think Holiday ash Is definitely goes above and beyond, mainly because I feel like he caters to the whole fair. He wants to make sure the whole family is quite happy fed.
Speaker 2: He does. Surprisingly, I also want to.
Speaker 1: Make up for at home and she's useless.
Speaker 4: Do you just call us family?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole the whole family.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Macy, Oscar, Ashton and me.
Speaker 7: Have you guys talked about how obsessed Macy is with Matt before?
Speaker 8: Is that Nate onto the podcast?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we briefly talked about her obsession with Matt. I think it started at Disney on ice that you guys weren't performing, you were just watching and just clear that. Thank you for clarifying this year, Prince Charming, and Macy was like the whole second.
Speaker 1: Act was like on your lap, remember, And then when we went.
Speaker 3: She came for a cuddle and just wouldn't leave, and I was like, got.
Speaker 8: Three children now.
Speaker 5: And then when when it was time to go home, she just no, you went to the bathroom, that's right, And I was going to go to the bathroom and she sobbed and then he came back and too like his fuck.
Speaker 3: I've been playing it pretty cool, calm and collected. I didn't want to come on too strong.
Speaker 4: She's too huh to Macy.
Speaker 5: Why just last time he came on too strong to one of my kids, he tried to kidnap him.
Speaker 2: Oscar's still terrified.
Speaker 1: I know he tried to abduct him.
Speaker 3: So I was like, I don't want to do that again with Macy. So I'm just gonna just like slow and steady. I'm going to warm up to her. I didn't want to give her a hug when I first saw her because I just, you know, I just wanted to come to me, not me, come to her.
Speaker 7: And I feel like this is very satisfying for you, considering that Lola w has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: Lola's out, Macy's.
Speaker 1: Hold my hand today, like through the zoo.
Speaker 7: She'll take anywhere, but she's like my daddy.
Speaker 5: She looked up to check it was you and realized it wasn't like this is cool, It's cool with me.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 5: It's been a fun little trip. I wish the weather was a bit better, but today I think we got really lucky. Lots of sun, lots of sun.
Speaker 7: We went to the Reptile Park, which who's I don't know who's a like decision that was, but it was a great, great idea.
Speaker 3: We had the choice, okay, three choices. Actually one was a helicopter ride.
Speaker 4: With me and Ash that just the two of you.
Speaker 3: The second option was quad biking, but it was up in Newcastle and it was.
Speaker 7: Sue the kid friendly activity, love it and.
Speaker 4: So that would have been I would love what the order door.
Speaker 3: We would have been out of this house for four hours, which we decided against. And then the third option we thought this seems like a good idea was the Australian Reptile Park.
Speaker 7: Which I think Ash was particularly excited about considering that they had an entire section that was dedicated to the breeding of an endangered frog, and firstly he said, I can't wait to see some frogs fucking and then announced very loudly, do you think they're.
Speaker 8: Doing it froggy style?
Speaker 7: Which are two of my favorite parts of today.
Speaker 5: But also I was like, do you reckon? They tie their hands behind the back too, and froggy start.
Speaker 4: The zookeeper was like, there was a guy. We got a cod red.
Speaker 5: There was a guy standing up agains pole and he was like, fuck, I better get out of here. So yeah, that was that was That was lots of fun. I think, dude, crocodiles are nuts. I's going to throw that out there.
Speaker 1: That's huge, go on, go on. Okay, so we got forty five minutes on crocodiles.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, don't you remember Oscar doesn't want to go back. He was terrified. She said, he's not going back to that place.
Speaker 1: He go back, He'll come around.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 7: He didn't enjoy it. No, he's going to sleep tonight. He did say that.
Speaker 8: Now he's writing casuaries, which.
Speaker 2: Some werries, which is thanks to you, Laura.
Speaker 7: But I did the cashiery was in its pan right and we were walking around from one pen to another pen, looking at the animals, and I was like, oh, look everyone, it's a cassuary. I can't say the word problic cassuary. How you say it casuary. It's a cash it's a casual bird, cashu, it's a cashoary, it's a weary cashew. Anyway, there we were all looking at it, and I was like, those birds are super dangerous, and I was like, they can't get to us. Don't worry, it's in pen. Why would you say that, because I was like, they're the most dangerous birds, not like emuse.
Speaker 8: People think they're amus, but they're not. They will literally.
Speaker 6: Oscar's just absorbed everything you said and went to bed and terrified.
Speaker 1: I wondered how they fuck.
Speaker 7: I've always wondered how the camera they're also breeding snakes.
Speaker 1: Does the snake itself just enter the other snake.
Speaker 7: I'm so curious about animal reproduction.
Speaker 1: It's just a holey of mine.
Speaker 5: I just went downstairs to give Oscar a kiss, and he goes to the cascap.
Speaker 1: At the reptiles.
Speaker 6: I literally said, the reptiles, they're not coming here right outside.
Speaker 3: But that's the first time I've been there, have you been there before.
Speaker 8: I've never been there.
Speaker 7: I've driven past it many times and always though, gosh, I really should go to the reptil park one day here.
Speaker 1: It's honestly one.
Speaker 5: Of the best, like animal parks I've been to, and we've been to a bunch through every every time we travel we go to like a zoo or some shit like that, and that's one of the best for sure, because it's way more interactive.
Speaker 3: That little sheet you get and you forget how much kids into it when you get that little sheet and it's a checklist with like cross off if you see a turtle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but then you also have to like live with the like Mully lost it. You didn't realize this, but three quarters away through the day Mully lost her sheet. I don't know where you were, but it was perfect timing that you vanished and Mully was like on the floor as a puddle, screaming about the sheet.
Speaker 5: I thought that was an exotic meat checklist of what you've eaten.
Speaker 1: I've had turtle, it's beautiful, endangered.
Speaker 8: Is now?
Speaker 4: Is it? Mick who does the crocodile?
Speaker 1: He's war was that guy?
Speaker 7: There was this one guy who was the instructor at the zoo, who basically was when you go and watch like the Crocodile Show or the alligator show. He did every single show, and he looked like, come, look like a Steve R or a crocodile.
Speaker 1: Dundee, he'd been some weird shit. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: I was actually thinking what kind of guy he is? On the outside.
Speaker 4: I think he's lovely. Mick.
Speaker 3: If you're listening, it's just the wixes who were suspect on you.
Speaker 8: I think you're great, but really really about you?
Speaker 1: Why were all the animals pregnant?
Speaker 4: The only issue with I'm going to call him Mick.
Speaker 3: So there was two crocodile or an alligator enclosure.
Speaker 5: They're the vegetarian ones, Thank yoush uh, American crocodiles called alligators American alligators.
Speaker 2: That's what they were.
Speaker 4: There we go, there, we go.
Speaker 3: So we have one pen with those crocodiles, the other one alligators.
Speaker 5: Do you know what the Latin name is for American alligator? Go on, it's alligator Mississippi.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Look, how do you know that?
Speaker 1: I'm very observant, you like the rain man.
Speaker 3: Then there was the other crocodile pen on its own, the Australian crocodile. And remember he did that show and he said, if I was to put this crocodile with the alligators, he would.
Speaker 4: Kill them all once and then kill them all twice. Do you remember that part?
Speaker 2: Yeah, was like who.
Speaker 4: Would he kill? Moley was like, why is he going to kill everyone?
Speaker 1: That Matt's impression. Have you ever seen the soul liver man's eyes when you choke him out?
Speaker 3: And the kids are like what They're like, Mick back on back into the show, back on script.
Speaker 5: He's like, eighty eight crocodiles died because of this one?
Speaker 4: What about?
Speaker 8: He was like, I wasn't the toilet at that time.
Speaker 5: So he goes, if we were to put this crocodile, which is the Elvis, the big bad.
Speaker 2: One, sixty year old Elvis, sixty year.
Speaker 5: Old Elvis who's five point four meters long, if you're to put him in with all those other vegetarian alligators, he would kill them all forty four of them, twenty four and then because of his serotonin levels and like lactic acid build up, thank you, Pindiawen, he would go back and kill them all again twice.
Speaker 8: Why fun?
Speaker 2: He was like, I said, what's this guy like on the OUSI and.
Speaker 4: She was like will they will they? Fuck?
Speaker 1: Are they're gonna because I think that's illegal. I don't know, very informative.
Speaker 4: I thought that great show. Great show. Also, Bluie was on stage. Just it had it all.
Speaker 7: It really is like, I mean, ten stars, but it goes to when it comes to animal parks.
Speaker 2: I think it was very much right up there. It's good for our kids.
Speaker 3: Did kind of like to take the wind out of me. I got home and I was like, I'm bloody tired. Yeah, yeahd up like ten thousand steps.
Speaker 2: It's a big day.
Speaker 6: I was saying that it's a big day, and I was like, really going out for dinner?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was like yeah maybe. She was like I'm a one activity day goal.
Speaker 3: And then I look outside and Laura's got all four kids on her own, Macy on the hip, and you're just wandering off down the beach and I'm like, what are you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm going to baptize all four of these children.
Speaker 2: She was like, I'm frightened at the big waves.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh, Mary, children fine away from the waves and started so we were down the beach. I was having a lovely time with the four kids. We were making shelters and collecting sticks, and then the two of you came down and you brought a football and then you kicked the football and the football went flying through the air and on three separate occasions almost hit the kids, so that I took them further down.
Speaker 1: But did it hit the kids.
Speaker 8: It was very close, though, and I was going to deal with that.
Speaker 7: So then I walked them further down the beach, away from the two of you so that they could continue to play. And as this is all happening, the weather changed really quickly, and so then I had all four kids. They've all collected treasures, but they're all screaming because it started to rain. And so I've got Macie on the hip, I've got Marlian and an Oscar like they're both kind of running up the beach.
Speaker 8: But then Lola's like my.
Speaker 7: Screaming in the rain as it's like the wind's whipping the rain's happening, and I look over and there's Matt Nash just stopped like having a lovely chat to two people on the beach.
Speaker 1: It's like fire.
Speaker 7: It has literally like the weather just turned it's arm again and outside and they're having a lovely chat, and I'm like, you would have thought we're in a tornado anyway, And we get inside eventually, like if you were these poor people who were clearly two doting dads fans, you would have thought that I was insane.
Speaker 8: And that's okay.
Speaker 7: So then we get upstairs and the kids come inside, and I pick up my phone. I go to my messages, and I get a lovely message from a lady named Lucy coming, and Lucy says this, Hi, Laura, I just saw the two boys at the beach and I told them how much I loved two doting dads. But I also really wanted to pass along how much I'm a fan of Life on Cut and I am a Ride or Die lifer, and I'm so upset that I missed my chance to come and meet you guys properly. But you were running after the children and screaming the first weekend the best weekend. I'm a local here. So Lucy shout out to Lucy.
Speaker 3: You know what you should do? She literally across the road. You should message your back. Have you messaged your back?
Speaker 4: I did, and would you say.
Speaker 7: I did not.
Speaker 1: I said no, no.
Speaker 7: I was so busy yelling at Matt to come and help me with Lola, and she was cracking it because of the rain.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I must have sounded like a screaming banshee, which is pretty standard in finer over tomorrow, come on, try the family.
Speaker 4: One more couple wouldn't hurt.
Speaker 9: It's going to make the keys in the bowl thing a little less awkward, a bit of a men Currently is twenty five per cent chance.
Speaker 4: I'm getting up with my own case. Very good.
Speaker 3: We do have a game to play, It's called spin the bottle. Before we play that, I do just want to say, sometimes going away on holidays with other families can be a disaster, but this has gone pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yes, I feel like when you're living inside the same house as well, it can always be a bit pear shaped. Yeah, but no, twenty four hours and we're still all smiling.
Speaker 5: I think the lack of Ellie in this situation just really keep me ever calm.
Speaker 4: I almost brought her.
Speaker 8: Ellie is amazing.
Speaker 1: She's amazing.
Speaker 7: She does radiot on a different stress level. Most fled bless her.
Speaker 1: I love it, honestly. Listen I always whenever.
Speaker 5: She's already frazzled, I always throw something else and then just see if I can get a little bit more frazzled.
Speaker 7: But the thing that's interesting is that she would deny that she's frazzled.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so she I'm not.
Speaker 7: That's not frazzled, she's That's just how she communicates in a very staccato fashion.
Speaker 3: How did a compliment for the weekend turn into a bashing of my mom?
Speaker 8: Ellie? We love you.
Speaker 2: I don't think you finished the compliment as well? Keep going, yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 4: It's been great. It's all worked out really well.
Speaker 3: And obviously the kids have had little arguments, noughts and crosses, arguments and who bring.
Speaker 1: The exercise ball?
Speaker 8: Come on, guys, the kids are upsessed with each other.
Speaker 7: No, the exercise ball was here at the We're staying in a beautiful house. But there's, like you know, there's activities, there's exercise balls, there's I mean the peloton bikes. I was going to sneak into your bedroom, Ellie this morning and do a peloton workout, but they.
Speaker 2: Didn't know you were the last one to wake up.
Speaker 4: It makes sense.
Speaker 5: I was going to sneak in for an afternoon peloton bike without you guys, knowing you guys were still slept.
Speaker 8: I really got me.
Speaker 1: There, she roasted you.
Speaker 4: There gotcha. So we're going to play a game.
Speaker 3: We are, and we're going to figure out which couple knows their partner the best.
Speaker 8: Oh, it won't be me. I'm terrible at this.
Speaker 4: It's not. I don't.
Speaker 2: We've got double the years on you.
Speaker 8: I think we do. Can you think for thirteen years?
Speaker 2: Right old age of.
Speaker 8: How old are you?
Speaker 1: Fourteen? I'm thirty four. April was also thirty four. Soon I was going to.
Speaker 2: Say, I'm thirty three.
Speaker 7: Gosh, guys, that's very young.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful to see.
Speaker 8: It's sunny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look we're a bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the human that keeps us going.
Speaker 2: If that dried up, without human would be nothing.
Speaker 1: Ape was very funny.
Speaker 8: Tell me how long ago was it?
Speaker 7: The photo that you showed me of Ash last night?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: Was the biceps that was?
Speaker 7: I feel like Ash has had like many versions of himself and this is probably why.
Speaker 8: I mean, thirteen years.
Speaker 7: Of transitioning, thirteen years have been together. It's like you're kind of just dating a new person. Like at one point every three years. It's someone different.
Speaker 1: That's why she's still with me.
Speaker 7: That's mean, it's like it's not the same Ash. There's this photo of Ash which will be put up on the two doting dad's social page on their Instagram, with Asher having like the biggest bicep. I don't know what the other one looked like, but the one I could see was enormous. And then there's like another video where you were just like a ripped, like you're a marathon runner, Like what's where will you add in life?
Speaker 8: What are you're going through? Tell me traumas?
Speaker 1: I could do it all, but.
Speaker 2: I can tell you I was.
Speaker 1: I was in my shore phase.
Speaker 2: You're very much an extremist.
Speaker 6: So I feel like you went through a real gym junkie phase, went through it, like you know, you're a carnival, then you're a vegetarian, then.
Speaker 1: You're a vegetarian for six years.
Speaker 2: You go through your phases, and I'm just like, whatever.
Speaker 3: Which phase has been the best and which has been the worst?
Speaker 2: The best?
Speaker 6: This one I feel like no, I feel like, yeah, I feel like you're doing the best like version of version of you at the moment, like you you do you.
Speaker 1: Strongly disagree, but okay, yeah, no, you know what I mean. I like, yeah, look, I don't know.
Speaker 6: The worst version obviously is like Oscar early days is like the worst version of both of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was pretty fun.
Speaker 4: But that's enough, and now you're great.
Speaker 2: And now no, I feel like, yeah, I feel like you're good.
Speaker 1: Thank you, proud of you guys. Yeah, we're really breaking down the barriers over here. Very true.
Speaker 5: And Matt knows this. I only know me a couple of years. And what sort of person. I'm like, I cannot do things in halves. I either don't either don't do it, or I'm like, fucking that's it. I' running one hundred k's this week.
Speaker 8: But then you get it.
Speaker 7: Then you do an activity until you're like absolutely like it to the ground, and then Sally an injury, I'll never do it again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's usually an injury. There's always an injury. It's like, oh, I can't do this now.
Speaker 1: Like di sect me.
Speaker 4: Stop having kids. I was obsessed.
Speaker 3: Okay, April, I'm going to ask you the first question. Okay, so you're trying.
Speaker 7: Is there a prize attached to this? Is there a reason why we're trying to get to the bottom. Who knows the kind of better.
Speaker 3: It's just I think this will be like an annual weekend the way that we do, so we don't have.
Speaker 4: Committing there's no price. Long story short, April.
Speaker 3: First question, what would Ash's favorite meal be which is cooked at home?
Speaker 6: Well, for starters, it's something you cook because I don't cook.
Speaker 8: I don't cook either. I love that. Yeah, hate cooking, hate cooking.
Speaker 2: Your favorite meal to cook?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like, would it just be a good old steak? You love steak? That's not it?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 8: I love that you're trying.
Speaker 2: You love stay. That's your answer? Change it if it's not. No, it's not steak, obviously.
Speaker 4: Yes, Babell, change that right now, Ash wood, is it?
Speaker 1: It's wings or a good cheeseburger?
Speaker 2: You don't cook wings.
Speaker 1: I did for a long time there that I injured myself. I felt sorry for the chicken.
Speaker 6: Okay, wings, Yeah, that you're right. You haven't cooked him in a while.
Speaker 2: Usually order them. That's why I got confused. Start again, Start again. That doesn't count, No, it does.
Speaker 4: Next question, Laura, what would mine.
Speaker 7: Be something to a salmon? Cooked salmon? All right, salmon and vegetables I'm locking in salmon.
Speaker 5: I'm with you because he's the sort of guy will get if you get tied, he'll get.
Speaker 8: Like a pan fry a salmon.
Speaker 1: You'll get like a salmon curry.
Speaker 6: The weirdest salmon stir fried salmon curry.
Speaker 2: No judging.
Speaker 7: Okay, my question is this? Is it a home cooked meal or is it an autobil home cooked? It's going to be a pan fried salmon with like your vegetable salad thing that you make on the side, baked veggies with salad.
Speaker 4: Wrong, it's a lamb roast.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 4: Since when?
Speaker 1: Yeah, since the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: We're glad we both got that wrong.
Speaker 7: We actually played this game on The Bachelor, and I know the answer at the time was a baked salmon.
Speaker 2: What's happened in seven years?
Speaker 5: This is for Laura? Oh what do you think Matt's pet peeve is about you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: There's so many I just want to be fine.
Speaker 7: That I don't always have a shower before coming to bed and I wash my feet in the sink.
Speaker 1: Ye that sucks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it back to the feet.
Speaker 8: Hear me out.
Speaker 7: I can't go to sleep with dirty feet. You have to wash your feet before you get to wash it.
Speaker 1: Before you go, I'm going to sniff.
Speaker 7: If you're really tired and you don't want your husband to have sex with you and you're wearing pajamas, just put pajamas on and get into bed.
Speaker 1: And then he's like, that's incorrect.
Speaker 2: I've got clean feet, but I'm just going to go to bed.
Speaker 1: That's incorrect.
Speaker 2: I'm very confused.
Speaker 5: Looks and I've seen I've seen footage of her washing them in a sink and then brushing her teeth in the same zinc.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's more effort than just hopping in the shower, two minute shower, quick in outde Hey.
Speaker 5: I don't like one of those like drive through car washes for your house and you just strip your clothes off, walk through.
Speaker 1: It just goes.
Speaker 8: But I hate being wet.
Speaker 7: I like, I actually don't enjoy a shower, but I do it because it's a necessity.
Speaker 2: I'll take four showers a day easily.
Speaker 6: That's because you see, Thanks be.
Speaker 4: April. What do you think ashes pet peeve would be about you?
Speaker 2: Funny enough?
Speaker 6: I remember someone asked, like we did a similar game out my hens seven years ago.
Speaker 1: I I've grown some new people.
Speaker 2: To say my pet peeve, your.
Speaker 1: Pet peeve about you about.
Speaker 2: Me was clicking my toe?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 8: Do you click your toe?
Speaker 1: Look, honestly, I've grown into it.
Speaker 4: Can you show them like is it like like a no?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's way more.
Speaker 7: Can you hear that you have like a like a floating bone in your toe or something?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's fine.
Speaker 8: You can do that with your shoulder or you.
Speaker 5: Know when you go like to like a concert or something and they like count the people coming in.
Speaker 2: Should I she's at my new career.
Speaker 1: You just do with your feet your chimpanzee.
Speaker 2: Wait, so I'm going to start again. That's not it?
Speaker 8: So you can't have.
Speaker 1: Bites the jerry.
Speaker 2: I was just saying, that's what it was seven years ago.
Speaker 1: You haven't done it in age. Just a shame.
Speaker 2: I haven't done it maybe since seven years ago.
Speaker 6: So your pet peeve about me now is probably my overthinking?
Speaker 2: Is that a pet peeve?
Speaker 1: Would you call that? Acting like Frank?
Speaker 3: The version not where Frank is April's dad who was lovely but he's the most cautious human being.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, let's not Frank. I will not Frank here, one of us, one of us.
Speaker 3: Yes, say we're gonna put on the spot here. And what was Ash's childhood dream?
Speaker 2: Probably to be a surfer, pro surfer.
Speaker 1: She's hit the nails straight on the head, was that right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Childhood dream still still dream.
Speaker 5: Still a childhood dream, still dreaming.
Speaker 1: Just just a case get called in.
Speaker 7: I think your childhood dream would have been to be a pro cricketer.
Speaker 1: He's very good with the ball in his hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, any any athlete, but cricket would have been probably number one.
Speaker 1: You are good with a baton ball and guilty.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well at least I got one right.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you everyone.
Speaker 7: I was expecting more of a reaction than that, but there was nothing. You were like any sport, but I'll take cricket start on me.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 3: Shower tonight, I will definitely have sex with you.
Speaker 5: You're like, I'll definitely spit on you if you wash your feet and hands.
Speaker 7: That's absolutely not going to happen when you wash. Both of our children are sleeping in our room tonight.
Speaker 8: So that's not happening.
Speaker 7: And both in your children are sleeping in your room tonights. Ain't No, no one said anything upstairs.
Speaker 1: That's true, and I will be sleeping that one.
Speaker 5: When you do wash your feet in the sink, yes, do you then wash your hands after?
Speaker 7: Well, you wash your hands because you're washing your feet, so it's all getting wet.
Speaker 2: Would you wash them separately after?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean like it's all.
Speaker 4: That was the biggest lie.
Speaker 2: You just wash them all.
Speaker 1: You just said seem like such a weirdo. Well you're like, I actually licked my hands clean.
Speaker 7: But I washed my feet until my feet are clean, I don't just give him a rinse, like, but then I feel like your hands are dood Laura.
Speaker 1: This is for you. What is Matt's favorite way to spend a weekend.
Speaker 7: That's favorite thing would be to go to the gym at some point, to go to go for a swim at the beach, have sex on Friday night scheduled.
Speaker 8: What else would it be?
Speaker 7: I mean, at the moment, if we could, it would be to go down the coast Friday night.
Speaker 1: Sex is in my calendar, but that is I reckon.
Speaker 8: It would be just something that has the beach in it. Yeah, it's your favorite.
Speaker 4: It's a bit lame though.
Speaker 8: Oh, he really likes.
Speaker 7: To go to the beach.
Speaker 1: To the gym six Saturday night orgy?
Speaker 8: What else? What else do you want to do on the weekend? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: The farmer's markets are not really It's just good way to suck up a couple of hours.
Speaker 8: I love going to the farmer's market.
Speaker 2: It's pretty it's your ideal week.
Speaker 7: If you throw the farmer's market in there and then going to Bono Fish for lunch, that's like the perfect weekend.
Speaker 8: That couldn't be better.
Speaker 1: You guys are proper adults.
Speaker 4: Go on.
Speaker 6: I was going to say all day surfing, no kids, no family activities.
Speaker 1: I was more thoughtful than that.
Speaker 6: Well okay, okay, well let me have a second. Guess there's definitely a surf session in there, and then maybe like a pub friend's chill drinks vibe in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: I think you got right, Yeah, but I don't mind then up.
Speaker 4: Sorry, no manly home game.
Speaker 5: So funny we're on the way here from the Reptile Park and we're talking about death.
Speaker 8: And was that to the casual.
Speaker 2: Something Laura mentioned.
Speaker 5: I was like, if I die by Cassuary, I want you to sprinkle my ashes across and she goes.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wanted to sprinkle his ashes on.
Speaker 1: I want the seabirds to step all over me.
Speaker 2: He's like, promise me. I was like, I'm not promising that.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I want those cheerleaders. Look, I said, a combination, Okay, I said, I don't. I do like this is a lie. I do like a family day. But is that the lie with a couple of beers in the.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty chill without the family optional celebrity crash Steph Claire Smith. No, yeah, I hope she doesn't hear this.
Speaker 8: That's so.
Speaker 6: Totally forgot about that until last night when you guys are obviously talking about the interview and blah blah, and I was like, fuck, that was his celebrity crush and I didn't even think about it and I killed it.
Speaker 1: Come on, I did very well, he did very well. That's so funny that I actually didn't write that down.
Speaker 6: So you didn't write her now because that was that's weird. Now, so your celebrity.
Speaker 5: Crush, crush, celebrity crush.
Speaker 1: You're never going to guess.
Speaker 2: I'm never going to guess the secret.
Speaker 4: So who is it?
Speaker 1: Ash Hurley?
Speaker 2: You have never said that.
Speaker 8: I get it, she's hot.
Speaker 4: Who's mine.
Speaker 8: I don't know who yours.
Speaker 7: It's meant to be now when you're a kid, because yours like Buffy when.
Speaker 8: You're a kid.
Speaker 4: Never was I didn't have like a weird the teenage king. I was like, oh you were?
Speaker 7: You told me you were like really into Buffy and also into love.
Speaker 8: What was her name?
Speaker 2: Love Hewett?
Speaker 4: Yes, Hallie Berry, Kelly Barry?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What's Harry?
Speaker 1: A double seven?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 8: Do you have a different one?
Speaker 4: Now you're my? Did you?
Speaker 8: Did you have anyone else written down?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 4: That's not well, like I don't know these days.
Speaker 2: These days you like the chick on that movie tonight?
Speaker 8: You always talk about Sandra Sully.
Speaker 4: Oh that was She's beautiful Sandra Sally. I do love. I love just to go for news reader. Whenever I see sand I'm always.
Speaker 7: Like, he loves Sandra Sully and I am convinced that he has a romantic crush on Sandra Sully.
Speaker 8: I see, yeah, I understand why.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's Matt's hidden down?
Speaker 8: Not hidden?
Speaker 7: Matt tells everyone about the things that he's good at.
Speaker 1: What are you good?
Speaker 7: You know, your talents are many, but they're not hidden. What's your hidden talent.
Speaker 1: What's one that's like, no one really knows about it. You can't even think of one, your lack of foreskin.
Speaker 4: I don't really have any any hidden talent.
Speaker 8: Now, that's that's also the problem.
Speaker 5: We're very good at sports. You're very Actually, here's one. You're very fast.
Speaker 7: He's very fast, he's very fit. But I don't think that talent is hidden.
Speaker 1: It's got long.
Speaker 5: It was hidden from me, and I was like, oh, ratio with my centipede legs, and you took off fast anymore?
Speaker 7: Stumpy Matt is like, he's very athletic, but I feel like that that's kind of relatively finish.
Speaker 1: And there was a fire in my fucking between my thighs.
Speaker 6: I'm sensing sprint racers tomorrow. No, on the sand, you can race Oscar.
Speaker 1: He's pretty quick. Here's quick, what's wine?
Speaker 4: Very quick?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's hidden. I don't know you play the guitar.
Speaker 7: He tried to serenade us today because you renamed a cold Play song, No, what did you call it?
Speaker 3: Airplane by And it was I'm leaving on a poop plane.
Speaker 1: For the kids, not just wasn't for you. I wrote down that I can solve a Rubi's Cuban under a minute.
Speaker 3: That's very good, but I would say not many people would know that Ash can play guitar and sing. That's hidden.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Like no, literally, only me and Oscar and Macy know that that's true.
Speaker 4: Right, these ones are I've lost track who's winning. It's a tie. I reckon.
Speaker 1: There's no winners and losers around here.
Speaker 4: Man, We're all.
Speaker 3: Having fun, right, guys, this is the best time I life.
Speaker 1: This one really changed just your stance because you wanted to win. You're like, I'm winning this.
Speaker 8: No, I'm getting bloated, so I want to I had half a glass of wine.
Speaker 7: I could feel my I was like under my pants or do I just put in front of myself?
Speaker 4: As with each other?
Speaker 3: Guys, we have four questions left. These are all travel based. This will decide which couple knows the other partner the best. April, do you remember your first holiday? To get that without kids?
Speaker 2: First holiday?
Speaker 6: I'm going to say, so we got together, Sorr, I'm doing a history.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm literally thinking thirteen years ago. So we got.
Speaker 6: Together in April, and I reckon in thirteen.
Speaker 1: Years in April? Oh, to get it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got it. You were a cute.
Speaker 5: In the month of April, so I say in April anyway, fack whatever.
Speaker 6: I think our first holiday was overseas.
Speaker 2: No, was it not?
Speaker 1: Remember we went to see my parents.
Speaker 2: Is that a holiday?
Speaker 1: It's a nightmare.
Speaker 2: I think that was a let's go meet your parents.
Speaker 1: Wore a suit?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 1: Okay, Laura?
Speaker 4: It was our first holiday.
Speaker 7: Our first holiday technically was.
Speaker 4: To Thailand after bachel After.
Speaker 7: Bachelor we went to one of your friend's weddings into Woomba. That was our first trip together. And then we went on our first actual holiday just us as a couple, to BALI.
Speaker 4: Yes, very good. I couldn't remember any of that.
Speaker 7: Well, it was great. What did you write to Womba? Where was to Woomba, Queensland?
Speaker 4: Not to disrespect anyone from to Woomba, but we had.
Speaker 8: A great time. I mean, you don't remember it, but it was beautiful.
Speaker 5: What do you think Matt's dream holiday is without kids?
Speaker 8: To go to Malta, to go to Europe or Greece.
Speaker 5: To the farmer's markets, to go to the farmers much and then straight to the closest fish restaurant.
Speaker 8: And go to the gym. No, it would be if it didn't have kids. It would be to.
Speaker 7: Go to Greece. Or he was about Malta. He's been there and he thought it was amazing. But yeah, I don't think that that's going to happen for a while without kids.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, would be the Maldives surfing closed.
Speaker 1: I said, Indonesia. It's the same thing.
Speaker 4: What was the first family holiday that you took?
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, I feel like this is I'm at a disadvantage because I feel like you would have had time to think about this.
Speaker 1: That's part of the game, mate.
Speaker 6: First family holiday wouldn't have just been down south? Nope, six months when we went down south for Rihanna's wedding.
Speaker 1: You could be right, Yeah, I'm right.
Speaker 5: One I remember is we went to Byron and remember that the car seat we got was too big, so we patted it out with towns from the hotel.
Speaker 2: That's right, that will be safe, and we kept and we kept the towns.
Speaker 7: Our first trip was to Europe with Marli. She was three months old.
Speaker 2: We're like Barron Bay.
Speaker 1: We went down to the shopping center.
Speaker 8: I was doing a job.
Speaker 7: I was working for next who's like a clothing brand, and they wanted to do They wanted us to go over there and work over there, but I just had Marley and I was like, well, obviously, I'm only going to go if Matt can come, if Marley can come, and we all flew there on next It was a great remotely, it was a fantastic holiday. That was a job so great, and then we went on actual holiday.
Speaker 4: One of the best holidays we've had.
Speaker 7: It was and it was before the time when you could like not travel with kids. Everyone everyone was like traveling with a newborn, that's insane, way would you do it? But she was actually amazing. She slept the whole time. We had the most amazing holiday. And then when she turned one, I was like, oh you could. You could never do this, that would be Helena.
Speaker 6: We've never been travel with Oscar, like if we did, like Europe with Oscar, no way.
Speaker 1: You can't even drive reptop.
Speaker 5: If the GPS changes one minute goes you know, you hit traffic goes from like twenty four minutes to twenty five It said twenty four minute ago.
Speaker 2: Had you spoken about Oscar's.
Speaker 4: Not yet yet?
Speaker 5: I was like, first of all, how do you know what a minute it is, And then I was like, also butt out.
Speaker 6: He's obsessed with numbers, so he loves what it like. He'll literally send his car seat and he's like, what is it? I can see twenty four minutes, twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it goes back up, breaks out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, April, what does ASH think that your travel weakness would be?
Speaker 6: I think just not having a routine. Like, I'm like, what was you got no sense of direction?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm I don't have a sense of direction at home? How many have sense of direction traveling?
Speaker 1: What directions is the sun rise?
Speaker 2: I know this one ease.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: You didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I knew that.
Speaker 6: I knew that because we've always grown up on the beaches and I always knew it.
Speaker 4: Rose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, thank you for saying that.
Speaker 2: It is for once we get a mustard.
Speaker 8: What's my trouble weakness? I actually don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Everything's chaos, But I don't know what you would think would be.
Speaker 1: Not shower r I went to India or didn't wash my foot?
Speaker 7: Actually no, I washed myself a lot more in India. It's very sweaty, very humid.
Speaker 3: Get that India, I would say it would be the fact that you don't unpack your suitcase once you come home. You neither, do you though it's not about me, but is that's a man's right.
Speaker 7: Also, we're not even on holidays anymore, so that's not really a track.
Speaker 8: Do you leave it for however long.
Speaker 2: It takes, Oh my god, like a week. I get home. I put the load of washing.
Speaker 7: Well, usually I try and do the washing before I leave, so often it's clean stuff that's in there, and it's still and I just leave out of it for at least a fortnight and then and then I put it away smart.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, all right.
Speaker 7: Sometimes I just zip it back up if we have people coming over instead of puting somewhere, just zip.
Speaker 4: It all back in.
Speaker 1: We just moved, and I threw a whole bag of stuff out.
Speaker 6: I won't go to bed until it's all done, no matter what time I get home.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: I had a backpack of stuff from Perth. Throw it out. Wow, because I was like five through that.
Speaker 8: Do you know what was in it?
Speaker 7: Or are you gonna It's gonna be like two weeks time and you're gonna be like, oh, wow, I really want that shirt.
Speaker 8: Then you're like, I think it's yeah.
Speaker 6: Your mentality is like I just buy it, Okay, Well that must be nice.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: No one's throwing shop.
Speaker 8: No one's all shut up.
Speaker 7: No one's throwing away a whole suitcase because they.
Speaker 8: Can't be bothered to put it away.
Speaker 1: I said, backpacks very different.
Speaker 5: Sorry, sorry, sackpack all right, last question, this is the last one.
Speaker 4: This is this is a tiebreaker.
Speaker 1: I think, what do you think? Matt thinks your travel strength is.
Speaker 7: I think I'm relatively adaptable. So like, if things don't go to.
Speaker 5: Plan, you always check whatever, You always check your feet fit in the sink, wherever.
Speaker 8: You Things often don't go to plan when we traveled.
Speaker 7: Together, because we're both quite unorganized.
Speaker 8: That's more organized than I. He's much more organized than I am. Matt's like the booker.
Speaker 7: He's the one who as the holiday and I'm a holiday princess. I just rock up and I'm like, where do you point me? Like, where's the fridge with the rose?
Speaker 4: Where you point me? Stop?
Speaker 7: So often things go wrong, but I'm always okay with that.
Speaker 8: I don't care.
Speaker 7: Like recently when we went I had to go to India, with my sister for work, and we rocked up at the airport and her visa had expired, which meant she could no longer travel to India and I had to travel by myself. And I was like, it's cool, whatever, You'll get there in a.
Speaker 8: Couple of days.
Speaker 7: Like, I feel like I'm very go with the flow when things go back.
Speaker 8: What do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Totally agree? It would take a lot to derail you.
Speaker 8: To rattle me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I'm just here for a good time, guys for a good time.
Speaker 3: And I probably now would like to rethink my travel weakness because that would maybe be it is the fact that you're just like whatever.
Speaker 8: I know you better than you know you about me.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you're saying that her weakness.
Speaker 4: Is actually.
Speaker 3: I would say, now I'm rethinking the weakness would be the fact that you're not so detail orientated. But I know that I know that I could throw you in any country, any situation, and you'd be like sweet, hit the ground, absolutely running.
Speaker 8: What did you think it was like?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: No, you wrote something down?
Speaker 3: No, No, I didn't write anything down. It once he's me and i'm him, it's all up here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, see, so you had nothing planned and you just went with whatever I said then, and you're like, yeah, that's a good answer.
Speaker 2: I'll agree.
Speaker 8: Is that what just happened?
Speaker 1: We'll be right, We'll be right back, April. What do you think? I think your travel strengths are.
Speaker 2: My organizational skills?
Speaker 1: It's so fucking annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I goes down in the complete a second.
Speaker 5: We were traveled together so well, April, I wrote this specifically organized annoyingly.
Speaker 6: So oh yeah, I'm not. I'm not like listening to you. I'm like, is something lows up?
Speaker 2: I'm like, fuck?
Speaker 7: So iron tis I'm so Maybe because I'm a middle child, but I'm so used to traveling with my sister and she is very a personality, so it's almost conditioned me to be the opposite. So I know that if I'm traveling with her, which I do for work a lot, I just don't organize anything because she has an idea and she also doesn't like.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: But funnily enough, the reason for that is because she was so organized.
Speaker 1: So she with she's out organized herself.
Speaker 7: So with India, you've got you get a thirty day visa, right, but that visa is only applicable for thirty days from the day that you apply. But she applied for it thinking and you still have to submit your dates. Remember that she applied with the dates that she was traveling, thinking that the visa was approved for the dates that were specified. She did so early, but she did it so so early that it had expired.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good at reading reading fine print, give.
Speaker 8: But I reckon. I reckon.
Speaker 7: We would travel great like Unfortunately, April do all of the organizing and I'd probably be very resentful by the.
Speaker 5: End of it.
Speaker 8: But I'd be like.
Speaker 1: She'd also do all you're watching, can you come back? Except of your feet?
Speaker 4: It's a time.
Speaker 8: I think these guys know each other better.
Speaker 3: Well, that is it. I can't believe the kids haven't woken up. We're at the top of the house.
Speaker 7: And they probably have. We're so far away from their room. We wouldn't know if the Cashery got them or not. The Cashery, the cashuwary, Okay, the Cashi weary.
Speaker 4: But that's the end of this episode. We're going to go to bed.
Speaker 1: I'm going to watch the end of the football.
Speaker 8: Thanks so much for having us, guys, It's.
Speaker 4: Been a pleasure.
Speaker 1: This isn't my house.
Speaker 7: Can I request having some headphones next time? If I ever make it back on here?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? April any requests.
Speaker 2: No, I just won't be back on more Rose, Yes, you will.
Speaker 1: You say this now, and then she listens to herself.
Speaker 4: I'm good, very funny.
Speaker 2: Don't tell people that.
Speaker 4: Very funny, Laura.
Speaker 3: If people have liked this episode, what should they do?
Speaker 7: If you have a light of the episode, go and hit subscribe because you should be subscribed so that it goes into your inbox every week. And also leave a lovely review five stars would be nice, wouldn't it, And tell the boys how much you like them and also how much you like laugh on cutway you're at it?
Speaker 4: And April, where can I find us on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Two Doting Dads.
Speaker 1: Yes, in the section.
Speaker 4: And we'll get out of here.
Speaker 8: That's from it, guys, Thank you. That's it from us, guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks nay, guys, I'm a little bit tipsy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is Two Doting Dads podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land, see and community.
Speaker 5: We pay our respects to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and torrestraight on.
Speaker 1: The People's Today. This episode was recorded on gadigle Land.