Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to The Mason Cox Show. Now today a massive, massive catchup obviously over the weekend, a massive game, incredible incredible scenes. But we've got so much, so much to catch up on. I'll give you a little bit of a rundown. We've got Awkward Moments is back. We've got the Benefit Wedding. I know everyone's super excited about that one. We got hot takes, news stories, dating segment, we got footy chat, fan questions, entertainment, current events. We got everything on the show. So as we do every podcast, we start off with the seven. We got Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok Man. I'm absolutely smashing that. But without further ado, I will introduce my partner crime, the man that is Brdon Cox.
Speaker 2: This is gonna break records. This catch up can't sit.
Speaker 3: Hey, Bennifer Man, it's happening.
Speaker 2: I want to get into the footy chat. But who knows where that will play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that might be the middle, might be in the middle of you have to listen in. We'll start awkward moments. First thing off, the cow off the rank, First cab off the rank. What is your awkward moment now? Recently, I've heard that you went to a wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I had good made of the podcast Damon Jackman and now Missus Jackman, Miss missus Ashley Jackman. Congratulations big Carlton fans, which yes, kind of solid.
Speaker 1: AFL reposted their running through the banner as they came out to like, I don't know their ceremony.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what it was.
Speaker 2: The theme song like banger remix. So it was good they had. Yeah, they held a banner run through the banner and that was on the AFL website, AFL Instagram channel. Nine years it went viral.
Speaker 1: Word on the street. He's last seeing crying in the fetal position in his hotel room on honeymoon.
Speaker 2: They did go to the game the next day, which is it was bold. It's like all the eggs in one basket kind of situation. Collingwood Carleton to make finals.
Speaker 3: I would pay to have a live feed of that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was good. Well you were there, you had a live feed.
Speaker 3: I did. I was there around circle kicking all through some sex. That was it.
Speaker 2: But my awkward moment, it wasn't that awkward. I feel like it's more people feel like it's awkward for you. Is not having a plus one.
Speaker 3: To a winning I'm a fan of not having a plus one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fine with it. People are like people who are you dating something?
Speaker 1: It's like coming back for Christmas Day and mom and dad and all the families like, oh, yeah, you're getting married sooner, you're having kids.
Speaker 2: Just got a dead PanAm and be like, nam going to die a line, I'm going to die alone. And everyone knows I'm a piss.
Speaker 3: We're both pies.
Speaker 2: And does get a bit emotional during weddings when it gets up there. They hit you on the hot string every time. Every time. Yeah, I get up there and you start thinking like am I ever going to find the one? But dating segment coming up? Going to ask for some tips?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and I'm back. I think we both probably need that.
Speaker 2: And I'm back. Let the sun come in. Yeah, it's start going to spring, start getting out there.
Speaker 3: I might shave the mo hue.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is ladies and gentlemen. That's that's been a staple braidon Cox for a long time. Yeah, that's a big call. It's not even November is coming up too, so that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe the opposite maybe I'll do the opposite.
Speaker 3: I'll shave it for shave November, not no shave November November.
Speaker 2: You got it. I got to put it out there to see maybe I should put it on my.
Speaker 1: Should do a vote on Twitter. We'll do a poll. Yeah, we'll do a poll for it. We'll go into I want to talk about my awkward moment this week. I find this crazy and I don't know if anyone else feels the same out there of how awkward this is whenever you meet someone for the first time, like whether it be male or female, like the introduction part of whether you shake someone's hand, like especially female, like sometimes you kiss on the cheek. I never quite understood that. And then there's some people who do like the double kiss on the cheek if they're kind of like European or something. And then you got the males. Some people like because I'm in sport, people want to dap me up as if like we're mates, and I'm like, I just met you, dude.
Speaker 2: That's the one that gets because it was awkward. I don't know DAPT protocols.
Speaker 1: Well, I had to teach people, so I tied Nathan Buckley how to do it back in the day or just coaching us. And we used to like dap each other out before I went out and ran out into a game every single game, and it was like little thing to do before the game.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's hand positioning. If you come I get in there early to establish hand positioning. If you point it directly at him, you can't really dap up like a direct hand. But if you come in like this, they're ready for like the hand cup or what and.
Speaker 1: Then then sometimes you'll bump chests and then you can't. I've lost in translation. I don't even know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Obviously the women one gives me because I don't know whether to kiss on the cheek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, COVID ruined it. I don't know if people are like, you know, COVID protocols two meters. I'm like, I don't know if I'm allowed to even be close to females in that sense.
Speaker 2: And my one of my best mates now he's a hugger.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, he would have really struggled COVID.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, he'll hug no matter what. So I'll come in for the handshake just to like get in early, and he'll come in with the doors out the double arm spread and you'll be like bring it in love. Yeah, if I if I hug, which I'm coming around to hugging, are you, But like, I just just give me some warning, some prep I'll get to the hug. But if I hug, I have to say something stupid beforehand, like bring it in here.
Speaker 3: I knew it was coming. I didn't think fellows coming because people always say that, say something stupid.
Speaker 2: I can'd of just like give someone like a little casual hug.
Speaker 1: Well, it's awkward for me, becau if I hug someone, you know, most people go like over under, like you know the X where you go like, well, like.
Speaker 3: I have no option because I'm so much taller and everyone else. I have to like hug around the neck every time, and it just is super weird.
Speaker 2: You hug a guy. They got to do the both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got female and I've got to go male. You know, I early early break nice dominance.
Speaker 2: But that is awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of a weird one. It's always been a thing here. I just have never quite understood how to introduce myself or meet new people in a sense. But we'll move on to the next thing's thaking too much on that one. But we've got simple pleasures is one of the I think segments everyone's loving right now, Everyone's sitting in photos. There's simple pleasures. It's become a bit of a it's gonna have to be a staple, I think on the podcast because it's get a.
Speaker 2: Lot of the like the petrol pump ones where you stop it on an even number.
Speaker 1: Every time I do it, I seriously think back to that episode and I'm like, yeah, this is seriously so much pleasure out of this.
Speaker 2: So it is, so what do you have for us?
Speaker 3: Well, recently, so.
Speaker 1: We've had Monday and Tuesday off, right, So I've recently gone down the coast and something bad happened, right, not terribly, but like I've got my toothbrush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it, and it's like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's a real just like, oh man, I'll just maybe wait it out for a day, like twenty four.
Speaker 3: Hours or like twelve hours or whatever.
Speaker 2: You can go a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then the simple pleasure is getting back home to like your electric toothbrush and your own toothpaste and brushing your teeth whenever. It's like absolutely discussing, like you know your breast stinks, you know, like you just got that stuff on, like the film on your teeth, and you just you clean it all out and then you just feel back to normal. It's like taking a hot shower, like take a shower after night showering for a day or something like that. You know, you just feel like you're back on.
Speaker 2: It is a good reset, like you just feel fresh again. It's probably the first thing that you do when you get back from camping, yes, very much so. Yeah, a business trip away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always a business trip and you're like, man, just first sleep back in the bed, unreal, just so good.
Speaker 3: What's your simple pleasure?
Speaker 2: Brough Mine is and it's coming up soon. When finals hits. One of the first things that I think about is the change back and forth from daylight savings to non daylight savings. I don't know which way.
Speaker 3: The extra hour of the extra.
Speaker 2: Hour that the nights are longer. It starts warming up. It's just everything starts to become a bit easier. You've gone through the deep dark depression, which is winter. Every winter I put on like five killer five. That's a lot, and then I start too late to come out of that and then.
Speaker 3: I haven't done the summer. You've done the summer too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So then by the end of summer, I'm like, all right, I'm ready to and then.
Speaker 3: It's winter in your back, in your hole.
Speaker 2: And if I miss one cycle, like if I put on five kilos, then don't lose it, and then put on another five kilos gg like game over. I'm done. But getting too far away from my simple pleasure. It's just the change of daylight savings because it coincides with everything warming up, becoming easier, going out, having drinks, more dates. Yeah, it is getting out there.
Speaker 3: The first jog of the spring.
Speaker 2: When you get a twenty degree day, that first twenty degree day feels like thirty days.
Speaker 3: You're like sleeveless shirt like.
Speaker 2: Shorts the cafe and your shorts and thongs come back. It is good. That's my simple pleasure. And it's coming up soon and.
Speaker 1: It is Melbourne, Like the vibe of Melbourne turns as soon as daylight Savings like comes, it's like, oh man, we're on, Like we've got the racing coming up, We've got the Grand Fire coming up, like event seasons coming up. Man, this place is about to just turn on its head from this just depressing winter like vibe.
Speaker 2: I feel like we peak in spring, like like we're good in summer, but like Melbourne peaks in spring, all the events are on. Everyone just comes out of their little hibernation and.
Speaker 1: Everyone's just got this energy. Everyone's been waiting. Everyone's waiting, man, everyone's like like us.
Speaker 3: Up for two years. She's got happen. Wheneybody come out.
Speaker 2: Of this and you know what I've been waiting for all week? What's that your entertainment? Right?
Speaker 3: We're on? This is this man. I seriously could not be more psyched about this.
Speaker 2: We got big feedback is last week.
Speaker 1: Heat was wild. I was still heartbroken about that. I'm seriously heartbroke. Still they haven't they haven't rekindled. I don't know, maybe it's a little bit made. They're hooking up on the one and I don't know, maybe heard that her first. I'm not really sure. I can't confirm or deny, but yeah, it was Keith. It was heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. But with every breakup there is love that does get rekindled.
Speaker 2: Oh so we're going the other way.
Speaker 1: And we've rekindled love with Bennifer, you know, benefit obviously Yep, that's there's been a flack and there it is. Yes, yes, been aflac in Jennifer Pas and like shout out to Jailah because like that woman does not age. She is just at one hot mama. Yeah, and they got married official. They were like dating like thirty years ago and then like had different marriages. Jaylo actually married a guy named Chris Judd. Found that rain am way out. Yeah Chris Judd, different Chris Jodd. But Chris Shodd did married, did marry a Chris Jody? Yeah, I know, oh yeah, he's going right. Yeah. And then yeah, so they rekindled their law. They had a wedding at a random chapel in Vegas, like they did the whole Vegas kind of wedding, you know, like.
Speaker 2: That I think bad, But is that good?
Speaker 1: Can you do wedding as a celebrity if you just want to knock it out? Like they just went bank, got the certificate, got married, see you later. We're gonna do like a proper thing later on.
Speaker 2: So it was a low key.
Speaker 1: So it's a low key, like I think there's very minimal people there. And then they did a month later they had their big wedding run. Yeah, and now there's a bit of there's a bit of drama. This what no juicy goss now casey aflac, Ben's brother, Ben's brother no show, didn't no show at the wedding ceremony. I know how heart would you be if your brother didn't show up to your own wedding ceremony.
Speaker 2: My first thoughts if you've been married before, do you have to go to the next one?
Speaker 3: Yes, of course you have to go to everyone. It's a great you know, it's hey, we're celebrating love. We love love. Here, we're celebrating Bennifer getting married.
Speaker 2: Surely officially happened, Surely had something important on that.
Speaker 3: He blamed on his kids. It was just almost rude, like you just go.
Speaker 1: I got some parental stuff, like who knows what actually happened, But it was one of those things where it's just it almost kind of seemed like a bit of a bailout, and I was like, maybe there's a bit of family drama we don't know about. I don't know, but TMZ get on it, get on it. I figure it out, because we're all just on edge. We're on the edge of our seats trying to figure this benefit out. And there's also something else that happened. That they're married in Savannah and you know Ben's estate because people have the estates over there, and yeah, ridiculous. But one of the weird things. And then Ben's mom went to the hospital the day before. Man, it was crazy, this whole thing lock going on, going on. Jayla's just the most perfect one in the world. Love you anyway yet. But one of the weird things was that everyone wear white to the wedding. Now that is very very like, you know, only the bridewear is white on the wedding day, but they made everyone else.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel like, off the top of my head could be wrong Pendel's wedding in Bali or what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't there, didn't get invited. I couldn't tell you. Sorry, Maybe next time, maybe whenever they have their rekindling of their what their affirmation, thirty year affirmation?
Speaker 2: Yeah lucky, we just passed the awkward moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might be next week's is actually this moment right now? All right, we'll move on to the next thing. We've got the hot take. Now, I used to say hot take all the time on this part. I've had some people give me some feedback that they want to bring the hot take quote back, and I think we're going to do a segment here. It's takes such annoying things. We'll go with that, and I'll let you I'll let you start.
Speaker 3: Off on this one.
Speaker 1: I'll let you start off on this one because I'm quite embarrassed on my hot take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see it written down here.
Speaker 1: It's probably caps, but I'll let you go first. Mate, what do you got for us?
Speaker 2: My hot take? And there's levels to this. But when you're walking through the supermarket and you see that someone's decided they don't want an item, so they just put it back on the shelf wherever they are and go like, ah, the little peasant like Cole's guy will come around and put that back. It's like, go put it back where you picked it up. You learn that as a kid. Yeah, but I feel like this goes to a new level when it's a meat based.
Speaker 3: Product, meat well into a non refrigerated area, Yeah, just get thrown out. Yeah, so I would human being would do that.
Speaker 2: Because sometimes I see it and because it annoys me so much, I pick it up and take it back and put it in the right. But question me item you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long it's been sitting there. It's very true, but I saw it the other day. I took a photo of it. Someone picked up some chicken tenders, yeah, and walked like ten meters away you.
Speaker 3: See the person.
Speaker 2: No, No, they were already sitting and walked ten meters away from where the thing where the chicken tenders go and just put it in the bread aisle. And I was like, I just saw it sitting there. I was like, you only had to turn around and just put it just back there. But then I was like, oh, I was going to put it back and then I was like, wait, I don't know how long they've been sitting here.
Speaker 1: I could kill someone, Yeah, Samonella could happen. Like it's like people will never remember back when I as a kid, you know, it was one of those things. I guess that you kind of have these like raw models that will say this thing, and it's like you don't leave trash around because you know, as kids, you kind of maybe someone like would say, oh, what's a janitor's job, you know, like that's why he's here. Blah, blah blah, and you just kind of learn that it's like a real shit thing to say, and you learn that at a very young age. But I feel like that's very similar to like leaving trash out for someone else to clean up, is like leaving stuff there. And I will say this though, whenever I do go around in the supermarket sometimes if I see something, you know, that was I'll be like walking by, right, I'm assuming someone short walked by and they put something back in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of the shelf. They couldn't reach the top of the shelf. I kind of look at it. I'll just put that back.
Speaker 1: I just put it back at the top, and I say, you know what, I've done, my good deep for the day. That's nice, you know, commers coming back from me in a positive way. So that is That's something I will do if I see it. But to leave cheeking tenders out in the bread section is just a dreadful thing, just disgusting, and we do not we do not like that on this pod. But I'll go into my hot take, man, And we've hosted this on the Socials this week. This is huge news. I'm actually so freaking embarrassed by this. So someone was listening to our podcast, Daniel Patrick, who's had a clothing company in the US, and he had sent some stuff to the Boys of the Club and he had sent me this item of clothing. And I've talked about this item of clothing on the podcast before and I said, they're ridiculous, there are no point to them.
Speaker 3: They look stupid. I would never wear one.
Speaker 2: So big international designer Daniel Patrick sent you an item of clothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really niceome. He's good, good dude.
Speaker 1: And he actually after the Eddie podcast, which if you haven't heard the Eddie Podcast, you need to get on it. That was unreal. That was the last one I put out. Go through the cattlealog check it out. It's a great chat. He went and hung out in Eddie's box for the game that weekend. I think I can't remember who we're playing. But so he was in town doing like his little rounds of stuff. She's from Australia and he's over in La now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he designed. He did an added ass collaboration with James Harden.
Speaker 3: Oh I should know this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's done some pretty big design things. So he wanted to hit up Mason and yeah, he collabed with the Big Yeah.
Speaker 3: He sends the club and he sent me this thing, this item of clothing.
Speaker 1: And now I will say this item of clothing is named a puffer vest. And I've said in previous episodes of be'st of the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: In my life. Here's no point to him.
Speaker 1: Why would you have a cut off shirt that's essentially a jacket with cut off sleeves. And I mean, this is a nice one. He sent me this as a bit of a joke. And I was literally walking I got this. I hadn't even tried it on. I was just like I was almost kind of like this prick. Now he's just he's almost like digging in the knife, just making fun of me. It's all a good fine. But I was like, I'm just going to go, you know, to the to the local. I give this to someone, you know. And I was walking and I was like, gonna put it in my car and I did it. I did what do we all do? I guess is how did Jack con put it on? And I'm getting the elevant And I looked at myself and go, ship it actually looks all right. I can't I think to myself, do I go through with this? I don't know how to handle this, So I'd sit you a photout and I said, it's happening.
Speaker 3: I think I'm becoming a vest guy.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know how to handle it, and I was going to give it away, and it's it's now becoming part of the My review is Daniel Patrick's got some Greg gear. No, I think of that if you were a jacket a hoodie underneath. So yeah, it actually looks okay.
Speaker 2: I've gone a couple of different backgrounds to this story. So so one, you're like ragging on puffer vest, but you wear you wear three quarter tracksuit pants.
Speaker 3: Because track suit pants don't fit me. I'm going to make myself regular size track suit pants. I just draw them up.
Speaker 2: It's the thing, you had three quarter tracking pants on and a puffer vest. It was a great look.
Speaker 3: With bright blue shoes.
Speaker 2: And then but so it was funny. I actually had another podcast with a client and Daniel Patrick was the guest and he was like in town, like do you know this like Mason Cox guy?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh yeah.
Speaker 2: And my client was like, oh yeah, Brandon actually does a podcast with him. It's like, ah, I been trying to hit up this guy, send him some dms, just ghost me. I was like, yeah, actually, when I said, I know it, like I know of him, like I've never had podcast with him.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have to apologize. Then there's a lot of things I lose. DMS.
Speaker 1: Daniel Patrick, if you messaged me, I just want to say officially an apology to you, mate. But we did actually did text you after I actually messaged them on socials after I got the best and said thank you so thanks Matte. I appreciate it. But if I message missed your messages before, I just want to apologize. I'm not very good with messaging people back on socials.
Speaker 2: No I coverage covered.
Speaker 3: I love that for the big fillow.
Speaker 2: I was like, there's so many girls in those dams. He would be digging for days to get I wish.
Speaker 1: I wish everyone says that to you. But anyway, we'll move on to the next thing. And this is a absolute favorite and an absolute staple of the catch up, and it's Brandon's favorite segment. I think I can say that without having to even ask you. It is the weird news stories of the week.
Speaker 2: Did a bit of prep this week love that been lagging on.
Speaker 3: Other weeks, so I didn't want to say it.
Speaker 2: But as we all know, the USA Mullet Championships have come and gone. Of course I wouldn't miss it for the world and the jew I streamed it. Junior's winner, Emmett Bailey from minim only Wisconsin Beautiful Space obviously took out the top prize as we all know. But so I've collated some of the best junior mullets. Yeah, and I just want you to go through as I've got the link here as the very proud American that you are, and give us some of your ratings and rankings and reviews.
Speaker 1: First of all, shout out for me wearing them all at Previously I didn't get to enter into this competition apparently, But if you do want to see myself in a mort any cowboy hatt and sunglasses, and I think Kletis was the name we went with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not really hout of so too.
Speaker 1: Sure we might need to retrospectively look at that, but if you want that, that's on the socials too. So if you want to see me in a mollt compared to these kids, we can maybe do a little carousel thing and be able to say, like, you know, who wore it best kind of thing.
Speaker 2: There is an adult division, so.
Speaker 1: Is there, Well, we might have to do that, but we'll go into this one, the kids one, because I think kids, this is becoming a thing, kids and molts. I'm telling you it's next level. But I'm looking at the first guy, Landry. Now he's from dunk And, Oklahoma, and I've been to Dunklan, Oklahoma. You wouldn't believe it, but I've been to Duncan.
Speaker 2: Plenty going on in Duncan, Okla.
Speaker 1: There is nothing going on Duncle Duncan, Oklahoma. If anyone's listening from Duncan, I apologize, but anyway, I have apologized. But the next one.
Speaker 2: Is no, no, no, you got to You got to describe.
Speaker 1: This kid's got literally an American flag shaped into the side of his head. And that's huge bonus points. Right whoever huge point is very talented. You can see the stars in the oh he's got in the ten stars. He's got a few stars you put in there. That's gonna be tough to put fifty stars in.
Speaker 3: The side of your head. But that that's that's bonus points.
Speaker 1: That's bonus points, and he's got he's got locks past his neck, so it's past the shoulders, which is a I feel like for a mold competition, that's bare minimum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're gonna have them all, it's got to be past the shoulders.
Speaker 2: Well, I like that. What are you giving it? Out of ten?
Speaker 3: Landry, I'll give him a six six.
Speaker 1: You don't want start too highcause then if you go to the other people, it's like, I don't know, I'll move on to the next epic from Hooya Hoya, Texas. I think I might have driven through there at some point.
Speaker 2: His name is epic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because his haircuts freaking epic. I'll tell you that, dude, look at this man. This guy's literally, oh my gosh, the molts dragging out almost he's wearing pit vipers.
Speaker 3: Big fan of pit vipers. I might put the photo me up. I've got a pair of myself.
Speaker 2: So describe it for our listeners on Spotify and Apple Podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's got he's got the speed dealers, he's got, he's almost got the mazing coxx goggles. Yeah, he's got obviously the size of shade. He needs a little bit trimming up. He doesn't really have it too clean cut, which I mean, I think it more that maybe it's you know, maybe it's part of the look.
Speaker 2: It's like rough on but then like surfer vibe, Like yeah, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think the surfer vibe probably comes from his shirt that has multiple flowers and bright colors.
Speaker 3: He kind of looks like the Scooby Doo van.
Speaker 1: It's like the side of the Scooby Do you put that into a print and put it on his shirt?
Speaker 3: This is what epic looks like.
Speaker 2: I was thinking.
Speaker 1: And then he's got the massive pit vipers. You know pit vipers are They are the sunglasses that take up three quarters of your face and they are the most boging things you can possibly imagine. But sorry, we'll write the one. We'll go all right, him higher. I like the the shagg and wagon shirt is going to give him a seven, So he's better than the first line. Sorry, dunk On Oklahoma, you are already behind the third one. Emmet from Carthage, North Carolina. Emmit, you are wearing pit vipers. Also, huge fan of that. Now he's got this going to describe this kid. He's got the bowl cut, straight.
Speaker 3: Line hairline, and he's pushed it down like Mom's done a bowl cut on the front.
Speaker 2: It's like Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and DUMBA.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is a great that's a great. Get there, blonde hair shots, sides aren't shaved. Not a fan of that, come on, pick it up in it, but hair goes it long enough.
Speaker 3: Take that box. It's like.
Speaker 1: Now, it's the best thing I like about this kid though. Yeah, and don't give me the Scooby do off. It was great. But the American flag T shirt, I mean in the collared T shirt like this is this is John Daly esque. John Daily would wear this. Now, I think that that that pumps him up. That giveshi brownie once. Now do I think he's He's better in Duncan, Oklahoma for landery, but he's on par I'll give him a seven. I'll give him a seven. Epicon inmit together hit Vipra pit viver Bros. This next one, okay, So the next one, we've got Rowan. Rowan kind of looks like the girl from Stranger Things a little bit. That's very interesting. He doesn't have pit vipers on.
Speaker 3: That's automatically you know, you go maybe one down with the aviators he's gone, he's gone top gun. I look respect, not gonna respect kid from Wesley, Arkansas.
Speaker 2: It's very Joe dirt.
Speaker 3: He's very Joe dirt.
Speaker 1: Very that's a great way, like you can tell because the very the front Joe dirt kind of like pushed up, kind of like just messy. And when you talk about length, he's he's definitely got the length compared to everyone else. That's that's longer than most female haircuts I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: And the fact that he's just standing out in a field.
Speaker 1: That's I actually think there might be a gun in the background in the second picture. I'm not huson sure there that is Arkansas, so it might be legal. And then he's got the American T shirt, so look for pure length throwing. I'm gonna give you an eight.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put him above the other ones, you know, representing like the aviators top gun style. I love that run from Wesley, Arkansas's now leading the front of the mullet contest. Hold up coming to the next guy. William from paw Doascalohio.
Speaker 3: Paw doa Scala.
Speaker 4: Shout out to patda Pata Scala.
Speaker 3: You should go to Patascala. Oh hi on the William Dell Ramsey.
Speaker 2: He's got the three pit vipers future future n.
Speaker 3: Put my full name in this competition. But William Dell Ramsey has his mom and dad questionable ethics. But we're gonna roll what.
Speaker 2: That's actually got. The American flag.
Speaker 1: He's got that, he's not his clean cut American flag in the side. I will say that he's got the pit vipers, he's got American ship, American shirt has ticked that box. The length, though, length is a bit short. Length is a bit short. But he does remind me of Chris Farley a little bit, so I think I might give him.
Speaker 3: I'll give him a seven.
Speaker 1: I still think the last fella rowing length of this thing is unreal.
Speaker 2: There's two photos. In the back of one. He's got like a rim from a car. That's all that's in the back of the other. It's like, it's an American flag to the America. These kids, who's the top rowan's at the top of the night. It's really still got me And yeah, we'll go rounds the top of the eight until the last one. So what's what's last time we got here? We got him and again we got two innutes from minimony and.
Speaker 3: Wow o wie wow wit.
Speaker 4: Oh man, he's wearing a Chad Johnston shirt first of all, so that's a huge get there. He's from Minimiy, Wisconsin, the mini Moining of America. I don't even know minimonning. Give me more of Mamie.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a ginger kid.
Speaker 3: Can you say that? We might have to cut that out? It is ginger.
Speaker 2: He's a ginger.
Speaker 1: He reps a ginger hard. He's he's got pit fibers on. That's a tick. He's uh, he's got The length is probably just on the cutoff. But shoot, man, I think this kid might take it out. He might go an eight and a half on this kid. That's what gets me across the line.
Speaker 3: That's the point five bread and that is the point five that just gives him the championship at the Mullet Cap cop check it out. They're probably live stream in the next year's competition.
Speaker 2: Who well like, I think you'd be glad to find out that Emmett that you gave the W two actually took Actually he's the one that took it out.
Speaker 1: Huge look at that. He's gonna have a tough life as a ginger. But we'll give him the mullet cop freaking Championship. Where's it going to know where this mullet coomp is. I can guarantee you it's either Wisconsin or Oklahoma. Well, I thought Arkansas might be too, I'm not really sure sure.
Speaker 2: I thought the kids one was okay, like there is an adult division, and I just thought that was.
Speaker 3: A bit sad. No, it's not. It's it's great content. I just thought that some of these the backgrounds is year. We've got to We've got a rim, yeah, American flag, We've got a questional maybe shotgun. We've got like just someone's taken out of the back of a forest and then someone's at the beach. But the yeah, the shag and wagon like shirt that was that was probably one of the highlights.
Speaker 1: Well, Emmitt from Minimo in Wisconsin, Congratulations, you've won the Rowing Media and Mason Cock Show Championship for the best child with a haircut. And for legal reasons, we might have to cut out some of the things we said about these children on this podcast. But the annual, Yeah, the annual will come back and yourer's time, Emit. I want to see it again.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep moving on. We've got another one. And I saw this actually on Kyle and Jackie. I just straight up stole it. But don't let Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation crash your old laptop.
Speaker 3: Okay? Is that a sign of as soon?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not the biggest Janet Jackson fan.
Speaker 3: I think we all know Janet Jackson for the wrong reason of the Super Bowl ye debacle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say that playing Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation on some older laptops causes them to crash. And here's why. What rhythm Nation contains one of the natural resonant frequencies laptops that match up with old fifty four hundred rpm hard drives.
Speaker 3: Oh the fifty four hundred Yeah, so that for everyone listening, if you don't know, that's just like your standard old school.
Speaker 2: It's your normal old school of hard drive. But yeah, the resonant frequency, I read this. It's the same as like why soldiers march offbeat while going over a bridge, because if they march at the same resonant frequency, it can bring the whole bridge down. Really so, and it's a similar thing here, and it's actually a known bug and common cause and vulnerability in laptops that they actually mark it down as resonant frequency attack.
Speaker 3: Really do you reckon that?
Speaker 1: Apple is just like made this song with her to say like, hey, we want him to buy the new Apple like Mac because I feel like every year my Apple phone or whatever it is, all of a sudden the battery just dies whenever there's a new iPhone that comes out.
Speaker 3: Never interesting how that happens. Apple never updated this.
Speaker 2: One car thief in the UK jailed after being caught hiding inside a giant teddy Bear.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, she's not for it.
Speaker 2: So a man from the United Kingdom who was wanted for car theft was sent to jail on Friday after police found him hiding in a giant teddy Bear.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, that's pretty good. Hide out like.
Speaker 2: Disch is pretty good. He cut up the bottom of the teddy Bear and he's hiding inside and the police attended his property and noticed that the bear was breathing. Okay, that's signed and found the eighteen year old stuffed inside of five foot teddy bear. The Greater Manchester Police said that they could barely believe what they had stumbled across. But now the man is stuffed in jail.
Speaker 1: That is a Herald Sun headline if I've ever seen one. Breiden stuffed behind bars classic.
Speaker 3: We'll move on to the next time. I know a lot of people we actually found out.
Speaker 1: I mean, Braiden knows all the statistics of the podcast, and there's there's been quite a demographic of females that.
Speaker 3: Listen to this podcast. Now it's coming up the way.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the percentage would be, but thirty percent female, which for me, I feel like in yourself, you and I that's that's a lot more than we probably imagine at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting close to a third of our audience.
Speaker 3: I thought, you know, we had a bit of a spike whenever we talked about your dating life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not true.
Speaker 3: Now that it's true, we're gonna, We're gonna, We're gonna. This is my intro.
Speaker 1: This is my switch over to your your dating life because we have thirty percent females, and the females want to know are Braiden, how is the dating life going terrible?
Speaker 2: But this is why I'm I need help, And now that we have a higher demographic of women, they can give me tips. That's from the other side, they.
Speaker 3: Can ask their girlfriends and stuff and they're going like, hey, I know a guy braidon take referrals.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, but I actually woke up to a text message from my good mates this morning that often check in on how my dating life is, and he gave me the tip that said datings and numbers game. You gotta up those numbers more dates.
Speaker 3: I'm probably more of a quality over quantity guy.
Speaker 2: But quality before you go in there.
Speaker 3: Like friends give you like a good recommendation, like that's actually I feel like our people meet.
Speaker 2: I have friends trying to hook me up and I can't get better. Friends bid like, hey, this girl's perfect for you, and then you look at her and you're like, geez, she's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's what's on the inside of the accounts is exactly what you.
Speaker 2: Say opinion of me? Thanks, But yeah, so I figure I kind of want to get it a vibe of, like ethically, when it's a numbers game, how many people can you be dating at once?
Speaker 1: Like I'm not really the one to be asking this question, that's why out there? Yeah, okay, we're asking whor's in the public. Yeah, in today's world of like I feel like today's world, we we have you know, your you're dating apps and everything else, it's probably almost encouraged to date multiple people in the sense like because you have so many people you're swiping through whoever, it is like that going on multiple dates and dating multiple people was not frowned upon as much as it probably was ten fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: So my I get I feel like a little bit of guilt, And I don't know if that's just me, but like I and then when I just picked one, I just go with that and see how far that goes. It normally falls over and then we're back to actually where one, back to him? Yeah, well, back to the PlayStation for a couple of months, and then back to dating cried out Yeah. So yeah, I just want to know like the ethics around that. And then like so say you date multiple say you have a killer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's ask the question, how many is too many?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go hypothetical, So say we have.
Speaker 3: To have something that the people can just respond to.
Speaker 2: So if you're dating on numbers, let's say you have an absolute blinder, you go on seven dates in seven days, hypothetical, don't even add what I'm not doing that, but hypothetically and then from that the free time from that is shortlist to let's say three. Okay, so three you go on a second date with, Oh, I see what you're saying. Yeah, how many dates can you go on with those three before you got to whittle it down to one? You give the rose to.
Speaker 3: Like, give the rose to actually, so.
Speaker 2: You can't like if you pick three and you're like, oh, they're all great, and then you go through like, surely you can't be going more than three dates. I feel like you've got to pick question after three dates? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Three or four?
Speaker 1: I think you'd know, like if you really like someone, then you would like you would just not want to talk to other females. Yeah, I don't know?
Speaker 3: Am I wrong? And say that comment on a post? Ladies? Let us know?
Speaker 2: How do you know if you like someone after one or two dates? Just know somebody?
Speaker 3: People you don't?
Speaker 2: So after that, it's like the risk that you're taking. So you go like, so say you like all three of them after three dates, but you go like, I'm just gonna I can't go a fourth date with all three. I got a pick. So you just go like, I'm gonna go with this one, I'm gonna go with like I would.
Speaker 1: Hope you have like necessarily a ranking, but like you would like one more than another over another.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the top one. Yeah, it's like a D listings. It's a D listings at the end of the three days rule and do your D listings.
Speaker 1: I don't have enough time to even think about that, so I cannot comment on that, Brandon. But I think what we will encourage is all the females listening to please comment and help.
Speaker 2: With the fellas.
Speaker 3: The fellas too.
Speaker 1: I think there'll be some very interesting dating stories between our our listeners and our followers on social media.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to like the juxtaposition. I want, like I take the guys what they think is like the right thing, and then what the girls say is actually the right thing, and put them together, get all the data.
Speaker 1: Let's do this because I reason I bring this up is we'll put it on TikTok and let's do this. We'll put it because TikTok, I've learned TikTok is the wild wast people say anything and everything on that thing. Get to the truth quick, insane. But I'll say this to TikTok. How many dates do you need to go on with the female before you need to call it official and down to one? Because I feel like people date multiple people, So how many dates do you need to go on before you make it officially? Just one person you're seeing?
Speaker 3: TikTok? Let us know?
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: Thank You're going to get some kids just riffing on you, man. Yeah, really going to have to be cautious on the comments. I'm going to check in to make sure you're mentally health okay next.
Speaker 2: Week because my thing is that I'm trying to figure out at the moment is like do I be myself or just a better version of myself? Do I let them see all of me? Or do you roll it out over three days? Because sometimes I go in, I'm thirty. Once you hit thirty, you care less what people think about.
Speaker 3: You're comfortable in your own skin.
Speaker 2: So I just roll in, I'm fully me, like, I'm fully me, Like what you see is what you're going to get if we make it to day twenty. So yeah, I don't know if I should pull that back because I haven't had many second date experiences lately. There's been a lot of first first not a lot of seconds.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you're seven and seven days does not get wielded to.
Speaker 3: Three, It gets willed to zero.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 3: They're not They're not match you, They're not on the same pace.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm trying to figure do I be the full picture? Why do I just bring my strength?
Speaker 1: Let's argue yourself, mate, be yourself. If they don't like you for who you are, then you know what, they're just not meant.
Speaker 2: To be myself? Sure, but be all of myself. Ye, be every aspect, just all the good parts, leave all the bad parts.
Speaker 1: Start with the good parts and then you work the bad parts in later. So I figure that you'd start off you've gone zero baggage, you've just gone check in, and then the next trip you kind of bring one. You bring a carry on, you bring another bag, You're bring another bag. Next thing you know, you got ten bags and you're really going international and it's costing more for luge than the actual flight itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so checking baggage slowly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's my advice.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's a really good metaphor. First day it's just a bit of carry on.
Speaker 1: It's a first days to overnight in Sydney. You're not even bringing clothes, You're just going there and back. Okay, Yeah, next day it's overnight. You haven't you know, sleepover bag. Next day you've got the suitcase, maybe a double bag, and then you get to the roller case and then it.
Speaker 2: Just goes and then you're there. It's not a holiday anymore.
Speaker 1: Then then she's on the third date and she's already committed and she's got it too little it down to just you.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of work.
Speaker 2: That's the conundrum because then me down to one of their three, you're just.
Speaker 3: Not on the top of God.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna get a lot of feedback from that, from the females and the males. I would love to hear your opinions on it, maybe some of your horror stories of kind of some of the dating that.
Speaker 2: As much as I love the dating chat, I absolutely love the footy.
Speaker 3: Chat, love the segua big.
Speaker 2: Big what, big what, Let's.
Speaker 3: Jump on into the bob. Yeah. Anyway, he loves the dating and keep going.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you know this, but you had a win on the weekend. You yes, beat your rival counting carton.
Speaker 3: So have you ever since? I was a young boy hated car.
Speaker 2: Have you have you grown to hate Calten yet?
Speaker 1: Or is it just they're all that's all the same calling when called to people probably gonna hate me for saying that, but yeah, I don't know. I kind of look at players as like people are in the same profession as me, you know, mates, you know. But there was a trash hock on weekend.
Speaker 2: And there you go, Well, so you makeing a habit of this, but close game you finished on the bench, you get to watch along best seat in the house, take us through the last minutes of the game. And what you were thinking you're on the bench with Pendles the fearless leader. Yeah, because he had a split open dome. He was blood.
Speaker 3: Both of us were bleeding.
Speaker 1: They're like at halftime, just goshing out and then he gets at the very end of the game and it's kind of weird, so it sucks. It's like you obviously want to be in that moment, and like he's on the field and he's got like he like literally looked at the raft and I was like, I'm bleeding out of the back of my head, like my head is split open.
Speaker 2: He's smart, though, he does it at a good time to be like stoppage, take your time set up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very into the game on the bench. I wasn't even sitting on the bench. I was still hyped ill standing at that point. And you go, Brad Maynard intercept, Brad maynod pendles, pindles to appendles to Guinea. Guinea box out to Jamie. Jamie running goal actually burns Guinea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think some hard. He burned a couple.
Speaker 3: He burned a cut because it was three v one.
Speaker 2: It is at the top of the square.
Speaker 1: Check us, top of the square. I had a person roll with them Guinea No. One and then Billy corner. Yeah, and Billy as we now love Jamie, I so I kick on them Billy, but Jamie all loves the corner. The little just slot a goal, just ice called ice in the veins and yeah burns giddy burns checkers and just slots it. And I cannot fathom, cannot fathom what would have happened if he didn't.
Speaker 3: Make that shot. Yeah, it's I write the confidence on the man, a lot of it to drop.
Speaker 2: Man shaped around the post.
Speaker 3: Just give me all your love.
Speaker 1: And then Guinea, he like jumps on Guinea and Guinny just gets bowled over like the celebration and just I couldn't believe I was pissing myself. I was like, this whole last quarter is just turned into absolute chaos and then we go into a bit of like to save the game and everything else, and yeah, I ended up winning and win by one point, not Carlton out of the finals when we get top four.
Speaker 2: So why you bring up gun? We've brought him up a couple of times on the pod, Big Guinea fans on the pod, and a lot of people have talked about him all season. He's been like the poster boy for news all year. He gets booed in Sydney two weeks ago for being injured on the bench head high contact. Don't even know how he's got a head still on his shoulders at this point. But one thing that people aren't really focusing on he kicked thirty six goals in the regular season. That puts him he's like one goal behind Checkers for leading the club's goal kicking. He's got more goals and other small forwards like Cody Weightman, Sonny Walters, Isaac Rankin, Tom Papley. Perhaps he's kicked about fifteen more goals than Mixed Day. The bloke that you're trying to get in next year three. He's kicked three goals five times or more. He's kicked five goals in a little game Anzac Day. Anzac Day against Esselyn won the Anzac metal circle. Shush in the crowd. He's brought so much energy to the game this year. But people need to focus on his footy because.
Speaker 3: He's a dal football player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just kicks goals.
Speaker 1: It's just he's just a guy you just have total trust in. And like, man, he's a nineten year old kid that's had the weight on his shoulders all year. Like credit to him. I don't think anyone would be able to handle it as well as he has.
Speaker 2: What I still need to wrap my head around is what happened to Carlton. So let me walk through it so I can wrap my head around it. I need to be able to fathom this. So Carlton were in the top eight hold year for the twenty two rounds prior to the final round, right.
Speaker 3: Everything but probably four minutes Brandon.
Speaker 2: They were up by four goals at the three quarter time.
Speaker 1: They made a massive comeback in a third quarter and credit to him, Like, they had a really good run in the third. But if anyone's watched a bit of footy of calling football club, we love a fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: So they were up by four goals heading into the last and they've lost one point after kicking zero goals six behinds in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I didn't that. Yep.
Speaker 2: So they missed the eighth by zero point six percent. That's rough, And on top of that, they put their bitter rival, the Collingwood Football Club into the top four as a result. I don't think it could get any worse than that. Yes, Like, and I know stuff comes back to bayer if you like gloat or say anything. So that's not a gloating thing. It's not. I'm just pointing it out.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying anything. This is it.
Speaker 2: But I don't I don't think they could be a worst loss. You miss finals to your arch rival, you give them a hand in finals. You miss by point six after losing by a solitary point after leading it three quarters time, and then kicking zero goals six in.
Speaker 3: The last, like put my feet in someone else's shoes. Like it is rough.
Speaker 2: It's rough.
Speaker 1: Rough, it's rough, and like I'm obviously happy we were in top four and we beat them and everything else, but like like you have friends on different teams and you kind of have to sympathize with them after, like you know, after the whole thing happens, you're kind of like, shit, man, that would suck. Oh, Like, and they they had an amazing year, Like I don't think anybody really expecting their new coach and everything else. Yeah, no one really expected them to be probably as good as they were throughout the year and beating some of the bigger teams everything else. And it's a credit to Voss and everything else. And he's turned that program around. I think, like three four years ago, like that Carlton was just like an absolute dump dumpster fire, Like no one knew what was going to go on there. Like there was just new people in it out and it was kind of like us like three years ago. And they got Voss in and he's kind of put a new culture in and they're killing it now and I think they're going to be definitely a team to be looking out for the next four years.
Speaker 3: So it's a credit to him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, looking from the other side of like missing out by point six percent, Like you're going crapmth food have had one more goal, two more goals in the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 2: It's expectations that get you because going in, people's expectations are one thing, but when you get to eight and two, expectations changed. You're talking top four and the fall from grace from there. I think they lost seven of their last ten and miss out by point six percent. So it is rough. I was thinking a lot of people on my Twitter or whatever won't be they're not sympathetic. Pendals actually got asked if he feels feels for them, which he said no, not at all. So really savage from the skip, but I love it. This is what I want to ask you. So the rivalry between like clubs, so you know Collingwood, Carlton, West Coast Frio, you know they're scattered around the competition. Last week, heading into the showdown Port v Adelaide, Ollie Wines said a couple of things about the Adelaide Football Club being cocky and smug and all of those things, and it amplifies the game, makes the game more exciting. Keep the rivalry real because like what you were saying at the start, like it it becomes this watered down thing where it's like, well, I work with these guys, like we have business opportunities together. We're friends because we used to play together or whatever.
Speaker 1: With appearances together like COVID brought us all together, and since we all lived in the same place.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, so, but do you think they're still room to keep those rivalries alive? Say, Old, there is.
Speaker 3: I think the rivalry lives within the fans more than anything, because the fans make the rivalry with the hatred so real.
Speaker 2: But is there an obligation with the players talk some shit?
Speaker 1: Oh no, there is, don't get me wrong. Like we we do look at that game probably differently in others because it is it is our rival, like it is the history and everything else in the end, you know, the play, Like everything leading up to that game is like so big in the sense that like people talk about, you know, like a successful season is beating Carleton. Yeah, like and that's crazy to think, like you'd lose every other game. People like Coling supporters, some of them would be happy as long as you beat Carleton.
Speaker 3: It's like what the hell?
Speaker 1: Like, now a successful season won a Grand Final, Like what do you mean and I think like probably over the years, like from player perspective, maybe Mineuse I'm very different since I didn't grow up the AFL, I probably didn't have this, like understand the arch rivals of Carlton Collingwood. Now I do because I hear, but I see kind of like this this great hatred for each other and like this kind of you know, rivalry is a lot more for fans, I think, like, and we kind of play into it because we obviously pump up the game to be a game, because we treat every game as a game we want to win. But I think there's also like a little bit extra in those games because you want to make the fans proud, yeah, and you want to like show them like, you know, we're going to beat these people you hate so much and you support us through some of the good and the bad times, and we're going to give back to you by smashing these pricks. Like I think that's what players get. I think the motivation to try to beat a rival from yeah, because it's the energy in that place is different. I mean there's ninety thousand of the g Like you can obviously tell that, like there's more in that game than just another average game.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think you're right because like even going through like I think social media took it to another level as well off the field, because it's you just talk so much trash and know it's one of them games that you don't want to like Collingwood is going to have that over Carlton for bare minimum the next time until they play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fans talk shit to like the other fan that's like, you know, the other family member that's Carlton, and the mom's Collingwood and the dad's Carlton, and they'll talk smack to each other for a year until you know, maybe the tides turn at some.
Speaker 2: Point and one thing they won't be able to talk smack about is what's your goalkicking form?
Speaker 3: God, dude, just lock one, would Brion? You know I feel about this.
Speaker 2: So you're probably absolutely tracking it but saying that you're not tracking it, But I reckon you've probably kicked the fire. I think you've probably kicked four or five like goalkicking games in a row, which leaves you on a career total of ninety nine goals for your entire career, right yep, So going into finals, you kick one more goal one hundred goals for your career. It's a massive achievement, is it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well now I kind of I don't even know until this whole Storm the G movement you told me about.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to bring up is storm the G. Every time we post anything onto TikTok, every comment is one does the does the Goat reply? I don't know why that's always at the top. Yeah, and number number two is hashtag storm the G. Can't wait to storm the G for Coxi's one hundredth goal.
Speaker 3: It's people saying it on the weekend.
Speaker 2: It's it's going everywhere.
Speaker 3: So the vibe, I actually don't mind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what do you feel about the movement? And does the coach know about it? Because I've heard yes.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. So after the game, Craig came up to me and he goes, did you kick a hundred goals today? And I go one off and he goes, oh, I heard there's a possibility that might be a storm the G movement.
Speaker 5: And I was like, Craig, are you on? Are you on TikTok? And he's like, hey, I know things. I was like, even the coaches aware. So it's a little bit outside pressure. It's a little bit outside pressure. Kick one hundred goals.
Speaker 2: Now one of those ghost profiles that's coming.
Speaker 1: Katie like his Durant's like, you know, fake profile. Yeah, I'm aware of it.
Speaker 3: I do know that there is a movement quote unquote in the social media sphere. You've told me about this, you brought it to light because I wasn't aware of these kind of things, but it is. It's interesting because we've said on this podcast before. You can go to previous catch ups about what I would do if someone storm.
Speaker 2: The g yes, and you said you would pretty much smash anyone that comes near you.
Speaker 3: I would murder someone, okay, yeah, Like I would tackle them, like I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to stand there watch someone run by me. If someone's running by me, like I would just spear them into the ground.
Speaker 2: Equal rights, equal fights.
Speaker 3: Do you come in that boundary? Are you coming across that line of the boundary?
Speaker 1: You're in my field? Like you're in the arena baby, and it's going to be hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which we got We've got some good feedback at the time. But now that this is a real possibility.
Speaker 1: Well, this is different because it's kind of celebrating like, I guess an accomplishment of mine. Therefore, I kind of feel like a dick literally tackling someone who's like trying to celebrate with me, you said, And I feel like I shouldn't go back on my word. I have to say this for legal reasons. Probably I'm not encouraging anyone to around on the MCG because you will get probably arrested and find a heavy amount. But I will say this, if someone were to do it, and this is just a hypothetical, braiden', I'd probably take a selfie with him if they had a camera out or something like that, just have been fun whatever.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: It also depends on the circumstance of the game and how serious the game is.
Speaker 3: If you're like, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: I'm not a jumper they're wearing if a geelong supported.
Speaker 1: Kid, you're getting the right fist, right fist to the fricking jaw. Yeah, I can't encourage these things, Braiden, but it is something I'm never going to do again. It is a once in a lifetime thing, so until you get to two hundred exactly. But two hundred doesn't sound nearly the schools one hundred. So yeah, I'm not encouraging this. I'm just saying I'm Switzerland in the matter, and I Am not going to say yes or no to either side of it.
Speaker 2: So you're almost you're averaging over a goal.
Speaker 3: Again, Brandon, you can't say these things. This is jinxing me. You just have to knock on Can you knock on the table please? I'm just saying, Okay, we'll move on to the next thing in footing now. Theres a guy named Jason Quist who's out of Chicago who's been tweeting about what the f AFL is. And this is the whole thing.
Speaker 1: We've been sprinkling a little bit of a tease about what we might be doing in this this fear and I think out hopefully in the next couple of weeks. But he's trying to learn what the game is. There's a bunch of stuff on Twitter, and I've told people in America that AFL makes no sense over there. Yeah, well, trying to explain this someone else is.
Speaker 3: Like literally trying to explain the most ridiculous foreign sport you'll never hear of. And it's very, very hard.
Speaker 1: But the AFL jumped on board and he's trying to understand a few things you know, from the center bounce and throwing the ball over your shoulder from an umpire, and it just is it's funny to see Americans try to jump on because they have no clue, no idea what I.
Speaker 2: FL is no, And they try to relate it to other sports they've seen, and it's a sprinkling of everything. Like there's a bit of punting in there. There's a bit of basketball with the with the bounce in the middle, which is a direct relation. No, which is actually funny because he's put down an example of like the first center bounce and it's you kicking pitt net out of rug bands at a seven bounce, so he.
Speaker 3: Could bounced up all straight. I would have been right under it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty straight. So you've got form in kicking people. Are you gonna keep doing that?
Speaker 3: Or I shouldn't have been standing there.
Speaker 1: Now, the IFL did review it and they a okayed it, so apparently it's all right.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, I mean there's a free kick against it. Don't get me wrong. It's just not findable, I guess, so.
Speaker 2: That might be a new thing if they make a rule.
Speaker 3: You did, I mean, you got to think the standing in the mic rules a Mason Cox rule.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: So I'm changing the I f L for the better or worse, I'm not really sure, but so.
Speaker 2: Going through a few of Jason's tweets, his very first one was, Hey, AFL, don't take this the wrong way, but Ossie rules football is one of the most incomprehensible games I've ever seen in my life, and I'm determined to figure it out with this Twitter thread, I just want you to know I'm doing my best.
Speaker 3: That's essentially Please don't make fun of me, Please don't bury me.
Speaker 2: So but good first game to watch. He's talking about kicking goals. He's talking about the umpire throwing the ball from a ball in, which is obviously confusing if you don't know what it is. He talked about AJ's banana double double bender as he's quoted here from the Boundary, and said that he severely under celebrated it. Really just a little hands to the year, turn it out lit high five. Yeah, he didn't really go ballistic. But then all caps, Oh my god, what a tremendous finish. So he's tuned in.
Speaker 3: He's done the full thing.
Speaker 1: So it's like, yeah, I think this guy's probably five am back home once the Saint finished, because Mom and dad watched it, and I was like, they sent me a message. I think at the clock was like four point thirty or something. But Mom and dad, of course they watched the game, they watched the postgame show, they watched the pregame show on Sunday or on Monday morning, covering the whole weekend. Then he watched the Saint Kilda game. I think after my dad, like, my dad does not sleep when it comes to game day.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised he's not getting getting the phone line into call up like Sea in radio and oh hees.
Speaker 1: Yes, Nolan has too. My brother has too, like he's he's done it. Like whenever I was in contract talks, I was like, I'll tell the story. Seen that calls up, you know, and they're talking to Nolan. They won the national tournament, the USIFL Nationals, and they know it's they know it's not on yeah, and I was like, no one's talking to them about that, blah blah bah. And I was up for contract, so like they were sitting there and like no one really knew kind of where my contract was sitting and I'm sitting next to my brother at a fire and he's literally on this phone and we're at this lake house and they're asking all these questions about the USAFL and all that, you know, and they're like, oh, is there any chance like Mason's around, you know, like we won't ask him some questions about this, And I like kind of sternly told him, like I'm not going to get involved in this. So I'm sitting there next to him, and I hear I can hear the phone. I can hear them saying that, and he's like, Nah, no, he's he's in the bathroom or something. He's like, he's in the other room, he's not here, blah blah blah. And they're like, oh, we love to get on. He's like, yeah, I don't think so, like they said. And I like sitting next to him, and I remember talking to like Whitely or something like this, and he was just like I told the story and he's like, yeah, the feeling you're pretty clesty.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'm not going to give you.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of the gues're not even related. So quickly, just before we wrap up, because we're running long, we said it was going to be.
Speaker 3: Took some time.
Speaker 2: So projecting forward for the first final playing Geelong last time you met, I don't This is another Muslim kind of like putting some bad stuff in your in your mind. But last time you versed them.
Speaker 3: I didn't play it.
Speaker 2: So you were really on top though. Us three quarter time you're up by thirty points. That's a monster and they you kicked you the Royal Collingwood kicked one point in the last They steamrolled home ended up winning by about ten points. How has the team grown? Well, one you're in, but how do you think that you've grown since then? It's completely different.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: There's a few guys that have come in and out of the squad since then, and it is going to be an interesting game. I think it'd be a great game, to be honest, and we get a home final, which is kind of funny. But we played with the mcg and they were playing Geelong and their number one spots.
Speaker 2: So it's the being popular because.
Speaker 3: If it's being but I think it it's a financial reason.
Speaker 1: I think John plays it there because they want the money from mcc and everything else because they can fit so much. Yeah, they can only fit so many people in Geelong. Don't quote me on that.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but I think it'll change once their stands and finish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you're not really sure, but there's a contract that they play every game with the MCG, so we kind of locked out in that sense as far as the venue.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's been a lot of people come in.
Speaker 1: Like I think the biggest thing is like these young guys who've brought into our team have played a full season now and they're kind of more confident and they have an idea kind of what ANFL is in the standard that they have to play at and everything else that I think our team's quite different than that first that was maybe like rounds like it was before round ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like three or four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I look at that team and compared it to the nowity team that I can be able to close out games and everything else, and I feel like we're a very much more mature team in a sense that we've handled the situations of being, you know, whether it be up or down a three quarter time, being able to finish out a game. So I think in that sense we're very different. But yeah, I mean, like freaking hell, like Geelong's they've been the best all year a long shot.
Speaker 2: I feel like I don't mind the underdog status and I don't mind getting them first up. You got the double chance, get them first up and haven't just a crack at it, and then you're the best. You beat the best, Yeah, one hundred percent. So you want to be versing them now rather than to get into the Grand Final. So I reckon it's good to have a crack now, and I think that'll play on their minds in two ways that Like, I feel like Collingwood now, if you're thirty up at three quarter a time, you're much better last quarter team Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're up quite a bit at halftime. Yeah, blew the lead in the third quarter and they came back. So it's I don't know, it's we're the fuck. You can never really count us out. You can never really understand where we're at. I guess from that standpoint, we've learned throughout the year.
Speaker 2: But the confidence is, there's action built confidence. Now you've done it.
Speaker 1: There's a bit of a resume of confidence of us being able to win games like I mean, the streak and everything else, but like Geelong won like ten or eleven or twelve where it was in a row. I don't know what they're at now, and.
Speaker 2: So that that confidence, that action built confidence wouldn't have been there in round three. Yeah, you're coming off a couple of wins, which would have been good, but like now, you know you can perform in the last last quarter and the results are there.
Speaker 3: So they've got I mean, their team's got the career.
Speaker 1: I think of some players that have played in big game, like big games, and they've got you know, like that many games. Someone would to compare to the games played compared to ours, I guarantee you they'd be almost double.
Speaker 3: Their list is forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's so it's one of those things where I think they've got the experience. Will be an interesting kind of youth versus experience. I guess, like kind of game we do have always some same experienced people. But from a comparative standpoint how many games played, I would say they've got a speed by fair amount.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember early career, you and Harry Taylor lining up a few times.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Harry Taylor is the legend. He's actually a really nice fellow. Don't say that.
Speaker 3: Just actually, Harry Taylor.
Speaker 1: I remember one one experience I'll talking about Harry Taylor, right, he was playing defense on me as well the first games. Actually Gelong tried to get stuck into me once. I think I kicked three on them on the day. But Harry Taylor, very like in the Aurey you know, like Simon, you know, starts the game, he's just you know, he turns into that kind of hard nursed person, right, but then like once a sorry goes, he's actually one of the nicest humans you'll ever meet. And I remember this, well, Harry's done now, so he's not going to probably take offense to this, but taking a mark on a lead like kind of one hand and stuff, and he was like dive and try to punch it out of my hands. And I remember I kicked the goal and I went back and lined up and he was like great mirks mate.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you're good, dude. It was because some people are assholes f you this that and yeah blah blah blah. He was just like just super colms like great mIRC man.
Speaker 2: Harry Taylor had too. So that's leg absolutely good respect getting it from Harry Taylor. So before we wrap things up, we love the fan questions, we love the community. Uh, And we got this one from Jaden bear Ow nine. It's a bit of a question of the week because I want to give it a bit of time. It's a bit of a hot topic take. But Dane Zorco uh not sure on the specifics around what he said to Petty from Melbourne, but there was some comments made during the game that you know, Petty reacted to. He was in tears during the three quarter time break. He wants to know what's your kind of read on on the Zorco situation.
Speaker 1: It was interesting that live broadcasts actually picked it up. That was I was kind of blown away that they actually picked up with that he was actually in tears because a lot of times you can probably hide it or something like that, but they picked it up. They made a thing of it like three quarter time, and that was something that essentially people came out of the game asking questions about it.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it's a thing on the media because it's like.
Speaker 1: Now, I was just I was actually like kind of amazed that they picked it up because you usually wouldn't you wouldn't know that thing, like you wouldn't kind.
Speaker 3: Of see it, yeah, and it was wild.
Speaker 1: Like like I said, we don't know the details of what was said, but it probably comes back to is there a line that you can't cross when it comes to talking smack on the field, Like I remember I came to this country and I didn't quite understand, like you go into the boundary, you know, like you play this game, like people talk trash and give each other shit and everything else, you know. And I've never had two bad of a sledge I guess, but like sledging is part of AFL, and I think there's never been an understanding of a line that's been drawn of what's it okay inappropriate, what's not? And I don't know what was said, but I assume that line was crossed on the weekend. The one thing I'll say is looking back at the game, the cool thing about it and that not the cool thing, but the thing I was quite proud of was Max Goon Stephen May coming up and supporting him and like telling Zorko off after the game is saying like, yeah, that's not okay. And I think he is a player will have to know that his like his brothers in arms and his his teammates have his back, like that will bring that group even tighter now after that situation, and that's that's a credit to Maxican as the leader. Stephen may is one of the leaders in the back line and and everyone else that you know, like confronted Zorco and also consoled him on the other end of it.
Speaker 3: And there is definitely a line.
Speaker 1: And like I said, we don't know the details of what was said, but I assume it was definitely crossed by the way that reacted because I know Maxicon's a pretty pretty smart guy and a guy that people respecting. The way he reacted would make me almost feel uncomfortable with probably what was said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think Melbourne handled it really well, really professionally, came out and addressed it at after the game straight They addressed it on the field after the game and said like these are he said something towards his family and that it was addressed and Melbourne went and notified Brisbane that it had happened, so like it was done officially, like there was there was superbags.
Speaker 1: I didn't get dragged out, yeah, because no one knows what all sad, So then people are going to speculates.
Speaker 2: Going into finals and stuff you kind of want to as serious as it is, you want to investigate it, find out what happened and get through it. But yeah, I thought it was really professionally handled by Melbourne. I was a bit disappointed in Brisbane's reaction, to be honest, to be like, oh.
Speaker 1: Where, well, a it's a tough position to be and saying your captain said something they shouldn't have, Like yeah, it's yeah, it's something you want to deal with.
Speaker 3: You have to. You have to, you have to, you have to come out and make a statement or something like that happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just you know, Zorko's half hearted, like written apology that seemed like it was from someone else from my own opinion, and then Brisbane obviously just saying we're getting around our boy, and it's like, well, people don't really want to hear that at the moment, Like they don't really care about Dane z Oorco's feelings, to be honest, Like he's come out and said something pretty from reports from the Herald Sun and we won't go into him, but like he's come out and said something pretty disgusting and it's like, yeah, of course they're going to support their boy. Because he's from Brisbane. But I just think, is there kind of like a player's code on this that you come out and kind of condemn it, Like you can't just go like, oh, what happens on the field stays on the field, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Like it's a blurry line. It definitely is, because you don't. The thing is you want to add fuel to the fire. I'm sure Patty wants to move on from this and he wants to focus on finals and he doesn't want to have to dreel up, and yet we're talking about a podcast because I think it's important. But I think it's one of those things like, yeah, there is a ploys unwritten rule I want to say in this and I think you'll know by the way teammates react to it and the person themselves. Like I mean, we live in a society now that you have to be aware of what comes out of yours public and what comes out of your mouth can be you know, like you know, be taken in a different way depending on who you're talking to, and like you know, it's it's one of those things you have to be you have to be more aware of what you're saying in today and like I think probably ten fifteen, twenty years, like this.
Speaker 2: Would not even be a thing, would have been free game.
Speaker 1: It would have been free game. And like now nowadays with the way society is, like you can't do these things, like it's just not appropriate and there's the AFL is not going to stand for it, like and the teams aren't. The players aren't either. So it is one of those things like times have changed and you got to change with them. So yeah, that's that's probably as much as I'll say on it. Like it is kind of an interesting thing because obviously you just kind of want to move on. But there is a there is an unwritten players code.
Speaker 2: I'd say one thing to lighten the move before we finish up. So calling an opponent a bitch after you kick a goal, is that? Is that? Okay, you're a goad?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I you know, I'm not going to confirm that because you cannot confirm that I did not say those words I said, big dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like stuff big dog. I looked like I said something else, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: Maybe I did. I don't know, Maybe you'll confirm it did not. Yeah, I mean there's there's certain things I think in the moment of the game. You know, you talk about the trash here and there, you can say someone was a shit kick and a terrible person, whoever it is. But then there's certain things you just don't touch.
Speaker 2: Don't mind it. And you got a Jack in the bucks win on the weekend or so, it was like a big jacket the bus.
Speaker 3: I said next time on the game.
Speaker 2: Difference between top four.
Speaker 3: Just saying jack in the box is getting us to the top four. Jack in the bus from Mason Cocks. We'll go to the last thing. Last thing.
Speaker 1: Someone else wanted to ask about this, Alisha Clarkson going to Tuzzy sorry, going to North Melbourne. Tusy Boysy boy could in North Melbourn. I thought it was kind of ironic that the guy who's probably at the head of this push to move the team to Tasmania is now the head coach. I mean, if I'm a North Malvern supporter, I'm glad I've got Alistair Clarkson on my side. Don't get me wrong, He's probably gonna turn that team around, but also pretty worried that they're probably gonna end up in Tasmania. Because this guy's going to keep pushing it with the board.
Speaker 2: Hey, he on the couch last night. He said that there's no conflict of interest there, so he's still allowed to represent Team Tazzy.
Speaker 3: So watch this space. It's going to be very interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming everyone else put that together, but I was just like, whenever I heard it, I was like, that was the first thing I thought of. I go for all the talk that's been the North Melbourne, to go to Tazzi and then then to put Alistair Clarkson as the coach. It's going to be an interesting few years coming up.
Speaker 3: We'll say that.
Speaker 1: But all the best Allison Crson, well done obviously he was did well and well renowned coach who has been chased out for about many other people and it's cool to see him back in the in the AFL.
Speaker 2: All the best to North. The only way is up right.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna I'm not going to just fuel that fire, Bradon. But that is the Mason Cox Show. In the catch up, thanks so much for listening, and I want to say the seven. We got TikTok, We've got Twitter, we got Instagram, Facebook, Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube. So follow us on all of those and we talked about some things in here. Comment on things that we can put in the next podcast, we'll give you a shout out, and everything else. We want to get the community involved. We're all about the community and growing this thing. So check it out. Shout out to Matt Preston. We are almost at a million views on his thing that we did with the restaurant review. That is wild. This podcast is going viral. He sent me a text message that I couldn't believe it nice seriously and flabbergasted myself. But shout out to everyone's follow us on TikTok.
Speaker 2: A lot of good reviews for Razor Ray. Yeah, people are seeing him as a human.
Speaker 1: Crazy to say, isn't a few people love them narrowly too, So check out some of the previous episodes. There's some really good interviews and we've had some amazing people and we're super grateful for and we're having some amazing people coming up to say check it out, check us out on the seven platforms, and that is it from us too. We'll catch you later on the next podcast.
Speaker 3: So yeah,