Speaker 1: Appreciation.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian a Conall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: You do not turn the hey to on.
Speaker 3: We were standing by the honky tongue piano.
Speaker 1: Look up right now, darling, but these binoculars so Christian.
Speaker 2: No Connall show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Just hearing that from yesterday's show, talking about how I urgently a sap he'd anniversary ideas for this Saturday. I just said to you out this morning, I went, I'm now actually panicking.
Speaker 3: I gave you a great idea. Remember yesterday after the show, I said you should write her a poem.
Speaker 1: Started that a poem. You can't go in from never having written a poem. Right, maybe when you're a teenager. Right, the bar's really low, Okay, because teenage or sessional love, it's easy to impress someone with just some words. I thought of you. Suddenly when you've been married, Well, this Saturday, twenty three years and I'm going to start writing poet. I'm going to pivot into a bit. I'm a poet now.
Speaker 3: A poem's great because it shows real effort applied. You know financial thing.
Speaker 1: You met my woman, she's a smart woman. She's going to pull apart the syntax and the grammar you write. My handwriting, it's not poetry. It's stories. It's dumb jokes. It's dogs talking as if there were humans. I can't now that guy's going to write a poem. Have you seen the size of my handwriting as well? I write capitools with sharpie pens. It's going to like what I got one of the kids to do it for twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: Now you need a nice calligraphy pen. I think one that you actually dip.
Speaker 1: In in fine the fut we can agree on, all right, what the words are? It's too hard the entry point. I certainly actually watched a YouTube video of how to write a poem? Well, do you know about Stanzas?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Right? Really is that the couplets?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know about that. I know Limerick.
Speaker 1: Limericks are like there was an old lady from glen Shoe. It was not a hen. That's not gonna That's actually a bit better than what I came. Let's just call it a starting point. Maybe later on this week we get we try and write a poem with the listeners to Sarah where everyone has to chip in a line. We just I just make a Frankenstein kind of poem.
Speaker 3: There was a nice wife. Her name was Sarah. I wrote her this poem to show her I care her.
Speaker 1: That's not English, I care.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is work workshow okay?
Speaker 1: But I'm worrying. Is there enough time to get through the workshop stage to her proper? I made you this on Saturday. I don't know. I'm still looking for suggestions anyway. No, Patsy on today's show yesterday, did you hear from her? I did?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Patsy's off sin right. She really gets worried that she's letting people down. But Patsy, unlike Jack, she really cares about the show, and you know, she works really hard. Patsy and she contact me yesterday and she said, I got a resource throat and then straight away, I mean, I trust Patsy enough. She's not well. She can't come in. She'd be really really ill. She then went into this unnecessary backstory. Well, I'm almost starting to get irritated, going, I've got to get ready for the show. I get it. I believe you're not in court. I haven't wrung you go. What do you mean I'm coming to the doctor now, I've got doctor with me. Okay, we're writing a poem. On the trip out there to Weerribee, she goes, it's our throat and I'm not going to see Dr Don until nine thirty at the earliest. Choose I thinking, who the hell is Dr Don You're talking about some character I don't know that of course. Look, we've often talked about this. Patsy is a made woman out there. She runs weer Aby Dr Donn, I guess is the local kind of we know what the Donn is? You know the godfather Dr don You know there's obviously a mafia doctor. They wouldn't go to an outsider, whether they had got their own doctors.
Speaker 3: She would get special treatment out out there, like the royals, you know, have special doctors that weighed down.
Speaker 1: You never seen the queen in a waiting room go and what's wrong? I wonder what's ill with her? Or what's wrong? So no Patsy today coming out up next, Then we want to hear about the worst movie you've ever seen, and in one word review it for us. I mean, the really the worst movie. Maybe it made you walk out, maybe you may may just stop watching it, but the very worst movie, not a bad movie, but genuinely the worst movie you have ever seen. There might be a specific scene that you can sell it to Jack and I if we haven't seen that movie.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: What is the worst movie you've ever seen? I've seen quite a lot of bad movies. If you will watch any martial arts movie, you're gonna that's a dangerous game. You're going to see some really great ones, but more average ones at best. And then I saw something which felt like it was directly speaking to me. It's simply they couldn't even be bothered with the creative title. They simply called it jiu jitsu. Yeah, and that's what it's called, right, There's nothing there's They made no effort going when that's just a style of martial arts. Surely we can't just call it that. That's lazy. No. No one said, hey, guys, maybe just give it another five minutes in this meeting to say there's any turns other than just calling it jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: But when I saw the poster for it and it came out last year, I saw jiujits to I know you love martial arts. I saw Nicholas Cage, your favorite actor. I thought this film is made for Christian. Then I kind of just never heard about the film again until it popped up on stan over the week and I thought you can stream it now. I wonder if Christian's actually seen Jiujitsu.
Speaker 1: Or just that I paid for it twice so I didn't wait for it to go streaming. It dropped on. I think it just I'm not even sure if it had a cinema release. And this isn't anything to do with COVID, just standards. Just stand this out the review and go that other people can't go and see that together. Put that, let the audience find it, hopefully not. But do not put that in public spaces. It's dangerous.
Speaker 3: It's like a dirty film. I only watch it when nobody else is home, locked the doors, draw the blind, in.
Speaker 1: Your own privacy, of your own home. Let's not judge, but do not put it on in public. It is so bad. So you're right on paper that this is made for me. It's about martial art. It's got Nicholas Cage in there, right, Nicholas Cage is barely in it, and even when he is, it's better off without him.
Speaker 3: But on the poster he's front and center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then you start to watch the movie. We're out the oning credits, I'm thinking, where is Nicholas Cage. There's all these other names that were and then it just says at the end, the last credited name says and Nicholas Cage. When have you even seen the word? And and an actor's like he said, put the end in. I don't want to be like I'm with them. It's them and Nicholas Cage. Let's not even get to where Nicholas Cage finally shows up. And you've got to wait a long forty minutes before the Cage man shows up. Right, it is so bad and it's like budget, Like you haven't seen a budget movie before. There's a you've never seen this movie before. First of all, it's martial arts hybrid with sci fi. Yeah, already, already there's a whiff of like, I'm not sure about this. Wait, I've never heard this story before. Hang on a minute, you martial artists have got save humanity from a really violent alien. I've never seen this, And like Predator all about twenty thousand other movies, it starts with a comet crashing into Earth again, a unique scene only copyrighted to Jiu Jitsu right, but when you if you're going to do it on the big screen nowadays, that costs is like a lot of money to go into those kind of special jiu jitsu. Doesn't bother with that, right way, paid Nicholas Cage wherever they could afford and go this. You only get me for five minutes in total, so spread it out just.
Speaker 3: So you know, Nicholas Cage, the more money you take, the less realistic the comment's going to look. So just keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: The comet right has got this crazy like tadpole tail that looks like two pizzas, has thrown at a wall. The comet is awful, and that's what I should have gone. I'm out of this. Then there's a guy who's trying to has been chased through a jungle, flaming ninja stars being thrown at him. He's wearing a cloak that doesn't fit. Again here I'm thinking, why couldn't they get him a made to measure cloak. It's an ill fitting cloak or I'm starting to get irritated by it. But he's not fleeing these like these flames that he's jogging like he couldn't be wants to run they weren't paying enough. Whoever this actor is. He's jogging through the jungle right then he does that thing. Guess what, He's found a cliff face. This all feels really familiar. Throws it. He's got no choice. He's got jumpers and he looks behind him and doesn't know what to do. As he's jumping through the air, he falls in slow motion toward and outstretches. That's to start the movie. It just gets worse.
Speaker 3: So already before the title, Leven comes up about eleven cliches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then you see Nicholas Cage. He's he's dialed in the crazy right, He's in a cave, like if you've seen Apocalypse Now he's like that.
Speaker 3: So they actually liked where this is going.
Speaker 1: Now he's in a cave. Was he gone? We haven't got a lot of money for Nicholas Cage's wardrobeer cave. Just get him anything that's lying around. He's wearing a pair of ray bands in a cave and to red headband to show us, Oh, he's proper crazy. It's not any headband, it's a red headband and he's got ray bands on in a darkened cave. Straight away his first line of dialogue work forward is this You look puzzled? Are you puzzled? I'd be puzzled right now and thinking I'm done with this. I just turned it off st of shame. No, no, shame on me. I bought it twice. I rented out on iTunes and then got about it and then wanted to watch it color we say, and had to rent.
Speaker 3: It again twenty four hours expire.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I think I've chipped in about twenty bucks to jiu Jitsu in a word. Well, I was act to actually swear. It's a crime. It's a crime, is what that movie is? All right? When we come back then and ask you out the worst movie he's ever seen? I now worried that some of you are thinking it sounds so bad.
Speaker 3: I want to have to say it for myself.
Speaker 1: It needs to be seen to be believed.
Speaker 5: Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: What is the worst movie You've ever seen? I've just found a bit from the movie I was talking about jiu Jitsu, Starr and Nicholas Cage and sci fi meets martial arts, the hybrid no one's been asking.
Speaker 6: For the Carmen You've seeing the sky right now pass over the earth.
Speaker 1: Anytime they tell you roughly the plot to the movie and the trainer, I think it's called exposition. You realize this is not a very good movie. This is Nicholas Cage, and one of his few lines in.
Speaker 6: It, Carmen, you're seeing the sky right now pass over the earth every six years.
Speaker 7: This is a portal.
Speaker 6: Order when it's open, we get a visitor from a distant galaxy.
Speaker 7: Go.
Speaker 6: The poet warrior in the sci fi says, so.
Speaker 1: What do you think a poet warrior in a sci fi sense from me? Who wrote that line? Didn't they look back at that and think, I can't change for this. We've got a great antient, Nicholas ca you're doing it.
Speaker 6: The comment you're seeing the sky right now passes over the earth becauses of portal. But when it's open, we get a visitor from a distant galaxy. The poet warrior in the sci Fi says.
Speaker 1: There's no one else speaking to him, and then you hear it in the Spaceman.
Speaker 3: Poet warrior in the says.
Speaker 1: No one else is talking to him. By the way, all right, Jackie boy, worst movie you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: There's only one film I've ever walked out of in the cinema, and it's called Into the Woods. It is a musical with actually a star studded cast Johnny Depp, Merrill, James Corden. They are doing fairy book tales like Red Riding.
Speaker 1: Hood, a classic fairy tales.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some classic fairy tales, all mixed in with some music, right, and there's just.
Speaker 1: Well, I like musical, but it's gotta be the right kind.
Speaker 3: It's got to be the right kind. And there comes a point where there's just too much singing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can't relax. You think, is this now just an acting bit? Are they gonna start singing a minute? And you're never far away from one of those songs when every musical someone will suddenly start going, this isn't the life for me.
Speaker 3: Well, they in this movie. It seems like they sing it every bit. So it's like they walk into the woods and they're like, I'm walking into the Woodstay. This is a part I've just chosen at random. This is Meryl Stream and this is about the point I walked out of the film.
Speaker 1: I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right. I'm the rich.
Speaker 2: You're the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just the cumu strain of all the songs singing in the musical. The one word review I'll give it is irritating.
Speaker 1: All right, thet's go to Pauline here, Pauline, good morning mate. What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
Speaker 5: Good morning? I saw the Blair Witch Project back I think it was the mid nineties and huge.
Speaker 7: It was awful.
Speaker 1: It was awful.
Speaker 5: I think there was eight of us in the cinemas and we all asked for our money back. A couple of they actually had free tickets and they asked for them honey.
Speaker 1: Back to you for refund.
Speaker 5: Even the cinema stuff agreed with us. They said, that's a bad movie.
Speaker 8: All remembers the camera up.
Speaker 5: All I remember is camera up, noses and snot and lots of darkness. But yeah, that was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it had all that jerky kind of cam called hapening.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, you get a bit of buzziness watching it.
Speaker 1: But give me the money back.
Speaker 5: They did, Yeah they did. There was a Nash standing up the bea watching this is awful. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: In Australia.
Speaker 5: Twenty years ago, and it's haunted me since. So I've never forgotten.
Speaker 1: And Pauline in one word, Blair Witch Project.
Speaker 5: Terrible, terrible.
Speaker 1: All right, Pauline, thank you very much. Have a good Johnny coome onning John going, I'm good. So worst movie you've ever seen, John, A.
Speaker 9: Recent movie called gallow Walkers.
Speaker 1: Seen it? Is this the one with Wesley Snipes? He's a zombie cowboy. It's that one, isn't it.
Speaker 7: That's the one.
Speaker 1: I forgot. I actually saw gallow Walker. Wesley Snipe say again, I've got a blind spot Snipes, Nicholas came John, tell him about gallow Walker go on? Uh.
Speaker 10: Basically, Wesley's harp sex range on some people that did something bad to him, and he gets cursed, so everyone he kills comes back. Is the Walking Dead?
Speaker 1: John? Is Is it the movie where he's cursed in the womb?
Speaker 11: Ah?
Speaker 10: Yes, I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so ready before he's actually born. He's got an attitude problem and cursed in the womb. Had an acting problem too, He's cursed twice. It is basically a sort of zombie western, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Yeah? Yeah, but probably one of the worst you'll ever see.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's a terrible movie. In one word, gallow Walkers diabolical. I just had a quick look on what it rates on Rotten Tomatoes. It's at nine for gallow Walkers.
Speaker 2: Do not see the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: What is the single worst movie you've ever seen? And in a word, why someone's this email going? Christian? You've you've seen a lot of bad movies. Why don't you do a podcast about bad movie scenes? Do you know what? I just remembered? Another bad one I've seen the last couple years. John Travalta. Obviously Travolta of this big resurgence thanks to Tarantino, but the last sort of five or six years he's descended. It's dropped off again. There's a movie within a couple of years ago called Life on the Line, and they where do you find these? They find me Jack. They fight Life on the Line. When did you just hear this? In one line? That doesn't seem that traumatic. He's an electrician, yep, right, and there's some power lines have come down the whole movie. He's fighting against the power cables and lightning and rain just to get the city up and running again with electric That's the movie. That's the movie Life on the Line. Friends, I watched all of it and still wept at the ending. Guess what you can probably guess how it ends.
Speaker 3: He connects the power spoiler. I don't have been ruined it for anyone that was feature length.
Speaker 1: It was like a Hallmark movie. Yeah, life on the line. All right. Then, So last few calls on this morning about the worst movie you've ever seen? And in one word, why Chris, what's it for you?
Speaker 10: Okay? So back in the back in the mid nineties or in the late nineties, I saw a movie. I actually went to the cinemas to see it because the previews of it looked sort of interesting. It starred Marlon Brando and Val Kilmer, and it was called The Isle of Doctor Moreau.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he got two great actors, obviously one of the greatest ever. You know, Marlon Brando of Ol Kiln.
Speaker 10: Well, he wasn't informed. He wasn't in the sort of form that he was in The Godfather, let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: Inform.
Speaker 10: I think he'd eaten.
Speaker 1: I think it was a big old In the Godfather he sat down for most of its scenes.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't think he could stand up in the Isle of.
Speaker 1: Is he the island?
Speaker 2: Smiling?
Speaker 3: Rand walking around on him.
Speaker 10: Created it was a SHOCKA. There was an absolute SHOCKA. It was some weird plot. I watched a couple of people stand up and walk out of the cinema about ten minutes into it, and I thought, oh, they must have gone too the toilet together or something. And then a few more people stood up and walked out, and I was getting pretty confused in the movie, and it was it was I can't even properly remember what.
Speaker 1: It's been made before, and it's from like an old book from like aren't they Jean splicing humans with animals?
Speaker 10: Correct that.
Speaker 1: He's a big fat cat.
Speaker 10: But you couldn't You couldn't work out what on earth was what? And Val Kilmer appeared to hate Marlon Brando as a human a buffet.
Speaker 1: You know, it's hard working with someone.
Speaker 10: That terrible, terrible, terrible movie. So I actually rated it as unwatchable.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: I want to dive back in and rewatch it again after that stead of review.
Speaker 10: Yes, if you have a movie night, you have a bunch of friends over and you suddenly struck down with stomach cramps and you need everyone to leave.
Speaker 1: Off review, that's awesome, Chris, Thank you very much, mate.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Jack has a question for us to do with his neighbors and their two dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, I wonder if I would even like to know if you think this is stepping over a boundary that you have with your neighbors. So our next door neighbor, Ash has a dog called Dusty, named after Dustin Martin, that is about the same age as our dog Lunar. And the dogs they don't really get along, but they sometimes tolerate each other. And Ash was saying, Hey, wouldn't it be great if we cut a little hole in the fence in our backyards so the dogs could come and go as they please and get to know each other better.
Speaker 1: Okay, dog fat like it.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, I think he's just talking about a hole, literally a hole so they can just walk in. But we could put a flap, I guess if we wanted to make it.
Speaker 1: If you've got some friends that don't have a barbecue, and that that dog is coming around and sort of pooping in your.
Speaker 3: Guard, yes, well, I yes, we would have to be comfortable with the dog being there whenever it wanted to be, and same with them with Luna going over to their side and being over there, and I get very excitable. So when I'm in the conversation with Ash, I'm thinking, this is a great idea. The dogs will play with each other. If they're feeling lonely, they'll have a friend. Yes, yes, yes, cut the hole, cut the whole.
Speaker 1: Cut. First of all, you haven't even checked with your wife.
Speaker 3: So it was when I went back inside and told Bianca, hey, get this, We're going to cut a hole in the fence.
Speaker 1: Let me get Did she say words? Are you man?
Speaker 7: She did.
Speaker 3: She just questioned it, like, is that a good idea? And it wasn't until then I actually thought that's.
Speaker 1: Good because it's empowerment. She's trying to encourage you that you would do I do with my children to sort their own, Bob, to.
Speaker 3: Reach that conclusion on my own.
Speaker 1: But what do you think?
Speaker 3: Do you think of a hole in the back fence? How does that make you feel? I still don't hate it, but I now am in I guess I'm on the edge of like, I do want the dogs to be able to play with each other. I'm not sure about the hole in the fence. So do people do this? Do is it crossing?
Speaker 1: I'm worried about this guy Ash, is it Ash? He's out there with like a saw right now going you know.
Speaker 3: Because Jack, you gave it the double thumbs up when I went back inside. He actually says, I'm going to draw up the plans for the whole tonight and.
Speaker 1: They're not to worry you get it.
Speaker 3: So he's got the saw, he's ready to cut into the fence before he does. Is it a good idea? Has anybody cut a dog hole in their fence or even like maybe people have made a human sized gate in their fence, so.
Speaker 1: That incise gate, that's just a gate. So look at this gate. I believe it's something on antique roach. I believe this would have been for human.
Speaker 3: So people might be so friendly with their neighbors that they want a gain.
Speaker 1: Do we want those course? A swinging gate? Is it.
Speaker 3: A friend gate?
Speaker 1: It's a friend It's just a friendly gate. It swings. If you want to swing through the gate, you do, but you don't. You didn't have to. It's just there.
Speaker 3: The question is have you opened up any part of your fence at all to your neighbor's backyard?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So humans are animals or animals? Okay?
Speaker 2: Christ Connell Shoe Podcast So.
Speaker 3: The question from this morning is we have two dogs on either side of the fence. We're going to open up a little dog hole so that my neighbor's dog can come into our backyard or our dog can go into their backyard. The dogs are friends forever, and all we have to do is put up with a little hole in the fence.
Speaker 1: The key thing for this to me is two guys thought this was a good idea without referring to their other wiser halfs. But obviously Ash lives a very different life to the rest of us, where he has approval.
Speaker 3: Oh well, Ash was going to he's a big Tigers fan. He was going to paint his house yellow and black. And I don't think he was joking. I asked him not to.
Speaker 1: The dog's caoked dusty.
Speaker 3: So he's loose.
Speaker 1: He would have if it was a gray wolf.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't getting darker last night. I bet he would have started cutting the hole last night.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So has this happened to you? Nine four one four one O four three Iven, Good morning, Good morning Ivan. Yeah, So the hole in the fence, Oh, there's not a whole.
Speaker 9: There's a gate. There's three gates and it's not my it's not my gat. It's the neighbors gates. He's got a gate into each property of two side properties and rear property. The dogs come and go as they played, but then as the humans too.
Speaker 3: How many properties has got?
Speaker 9: Now he's got the one property, but he shares a back transfer of the neighbor, and then he shares two side trances with the two other neighbors either side of you.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's got gates on all sides.
Speaker 1: That's great right now, This feels like I'm back at school. One of those maths problems to solve. Johnson has a triangular patch of casts. How many gates on each lett of the triangle? So how does it work out?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 9: The dogs come and goes? Please you give him a pack? You know when I go over another beer with him? Just come through the gate and mers through the gate.
Speaker 1: What the dog does the well, I'd love to see that. I know, had beer on my debt one day and the neighbor's dog just rolls up and goes, can I have another one? Just sat there and go as your David, my dog the same speak Gassie as it.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Ivan? Thank you very much and cool?
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, uh die, good morning, Hi Christian, how are you good? Fences and holes?
Speaker 7: Yes, we had we had a fence when we we had.
Speaker 13: A dog, and when our new neighbors moved in there, dogs started jumping over the fence, climbing over the fence to get to their hats.
Speaker 5: They they got dogs.
Speaker 13: So we decided to cut a hole in.
Speaker 14: The fence and we became friends and.
Speaker 7: Dogs became best is our dogs name their dog's mother.
Speaker 5: And well I were like, I were like, my dog was like there.
Speaker 7: So they had two dogs, so my dog was like their dogs.
Speaker 1: Mother, kind of motherly something else.
Speaker 3: Laboratory had, Well this is this sounds like what I want to happen. The dog, the dogs, the.
Speaker 1: Dog crap everywhere he was picking it up.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, we had a few rules.
Speaker 3: What were the rules.
Speaker 7: The rules were that if we wanted to shut the gate because we had people over or something, we could, And what if they.
Speaker 1: Want to see their mom, they've got surrogate mom.
Speaker 12: Let's last.
Speaker 7: And then once we decided to have kids, we decided.
Speaker 12: Block over the gatehold because.
Speaker 1: I thought a pixel movie, I.
Speaker 7: Couldn't imagine her kids getting out my front sp my front gate.
Speaker 13: It was a dog, that's something, but a kid is a whole another thing.
Speaker 12: So we looped it off after that on your head keeps but ye's.
Speaker 5: Great, it was really good.
Speaker 7: We used to sneak through there for a beer as well.
Speaker 3: Sometimes yeah, you call through the hole.
Speaker 12: No no, no gate.
Speaker 14: So we put the kids on one keeping the dogs.
Speaker 1: On one side, and you know, like a cartoon when a dog runs through a fence and it's got like the ears and the snout. Thank you very much and.
Speaker 2: Cool Christian Christian Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 1: Heading into three Toby Tuesday, where we do three phone ins at the same time. Kicking off this morning and as always every week on the show, the best caller wins one thousand dollars thanks Toomer sendis Ben's barrick. Normally the call of the week comes on three Tobit Shoesday because we get so many standard stories from you this morn let's kick off with this. Then the headline says it all Queensland. You don't even need the Queensland bit in there by the way, Queensland police search for shirtless man who escaped on a lawn mower while drinking a beer. A shirtless suspect, you had me there. A shirtless suspect went to inspect a second hand five thousand dollars ride on John de and Moer while taking it for a test run, just kept driving and never came back. The owner agreed, but I wouldn't if any guy just rocks up shirtless with a beer in his and does he want to take that for a drive, I'm more than suspicious. I'm saying come back another time with clothing. The owner agreed, but became suspicious after seeing the Moer head off down the street. He was expecting him to turn around, and when that didn't happen, chase them on foot but couldn't catch up. How quick are these Moers? I mean, it's out of the OJ pursuit in the white Bronco, is it? It's a ride on mower. That's not the f one. It's not Lewis Hamilton. They are they're pretty quick, but they're not they're not racing cars. You know. He's not taking off down the street that quickly, is it. It's incredible there's a photo of him. This guy does not look like he's a runaway. It's like he's just with his thoughts, just going out for cruise.
Speaker 3: You know, this happened to a friend of mine selling a pushbike. He was trustworthy enough to let the guy ride it down the street and then expecting him to come back and turn around. And then he just kept going over to the next block, over to the next block, until eventually he turned away and never came back.
Speaker 1: This is incredible. Also, who agrees to that anyone? Just ride the bike? You know what you're getting. It's not like a car. We might have the interior. It's a bike. You peddle it and not find the bike you want to take it for test drive.
Speaker 3: Actually, even when I was selling that ute that I had last year, sold it on New Year's Eve, the guy went for a long time on the test drive and.
Speaker 1: I was how long ten minutes? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, forty five minutes to an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really odd.
Speaker 3: So Yankee kept saying, I think he's stolen the U and I wanted to be won't get far. But he eventually came back, but there was while there I was like, I think he's actually stole.
Speaker 1: All right. So with this story, the first top this morning on three Time at Tuesday is simply why were you shirtless?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 1: Idea what we're going to get this morning. But why were you shirtless?
Speaker 2: Christian Christian o'connald Show podcast.
Speaker 10: Alana, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: Morning Alana. Have are you having a good morning? Thanks for calling. So what's your story? So?
Speaker 4: I was shirtless because I quit my job and they wanted to shirt back because it had the logo on it. So I thought i'd say some time. I took it off when I flung it at Thehator manage and walk down.
Speaker 5: In my bras.
Speaker 1: That is a very traumatic way to leave your job. That's incredible. And so what do you have to walk out of the car part and then get in the car just drive off like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was kind of halfway to my that I realized kind of what I've done, and I just had to keep it up. Then I put my fine news on and keep my tune.
Speaker 3: Up and drive off into the sunset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well went out, Louise.
Speaker 4: You go go underneath my sunnies. And there was a few like fingers in amongst the blinds, just picking this through the venations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the blinds. I was just wonder where I asked that, right, Okay, get it?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it feels like it's a music video from the eighties, you know, and the show went on some sort of dusty, old bespectacled nerds with a clipboard, you know, and it's on his face and he's all.
Speaker 3: Bright red shocked and he's a but you're walking out with style.
Speaker 1: It's a proper battle move. Alana love that one. Thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day. Bye bye bye. David. Hey, hey, y, Yeah, pretty good? Are you? Are you going well, Dave O, I'm going good.
Speaker 12: Pressure washing.
Speaker 3: You're doing some pressure washing? Well you can use it. Hole on.
Speaker 1: Just stop for literally a minute to chat on because think about pressure washing is really noisy. Yeah, and you do that for a living, or you just do it now before you got to work.
Speaker 9: Oh no.
Speaker 12: So I'm I'm a guard of maintenance for the vaulty site. So I I make sure that all our gardens are ic and colin around his face water and I look after sting in Frenchrie gully as well.
Speaker 1: So give yourself a plug. What's the name of your company if you stopped that pressure washing yet? David?
Speaker 12: Well, so, I've got to I've worked for one company full time and I've got mister slipper on the side.
Speaker 1: So is mister snipper. Don't hire him? What do you mean, mister sniffer like sniffing around?
Speaker 12: That snipper isn't like mister snippers and miner.
Speaker 1: It's got the noise with the pressure washing. We're linked at comedy misunderstandings here that you want for a sniffer snipper, mister snipper lopping off the tree branches.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've had people half for a second me before that, they've got missed up between the other sniffer.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, got cha. All right, let's ask him why were you he's still pressure washing? Why were you shirtless?
Speaker 12: So I was playing cricket with my mates. We've been sixteen years ago. We were up in the murray and someone hit the ball in the murray, so I take my top off.
Speaker 7: Jumped in.
Speaker 12: You know, the top was quite heavy. I didn't want to drown swam out.
Speaker 1: I've got to say how heavy was the top if you're playing cricket in like you know, a divers out for all wit suit.
Speaker 12: I was going to jump on as well as I'm burn. I've taken off because it was just it was really heavy and it was winter. They want to drown and I came up kicked my clothes into the water. So I'm taking this around.
Speaker 1: They know you also work for mister sniffer whipper. I mean, this is not hard, David. Friends like that. Then keetchen clothes into the Murray River and he says.
Speaker 12: He did his but are our sole record he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, David, thank you very much. You give us a call, Thank you, thank you. He's keeping fern Tree Gully in the base idea clean everyone.
Speaker 2: For Christian o'cunnel Shoe podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, all the tops this morning them for three Top of Tuesday can be picking up one thousand dollars this week thanks to Mers said he's been Sperritt for our Caller of the Week spot prizes one hundred dollars worth of pancake parlor bouchers. That is a lot of pancakes only about six months there. Treat everyone at work ourt school. All right, So were you born in an unusual place? I was born in her If you were born in an unusual place, you just came the somewhat unusual, give us a call. And last week on three Top of Tuesday, I'm not sure which the topics it was, But anyway, there was kind of like a side story about someone working in the macas and while the other teenagers there it was emptying the bins, he looks up on the night sky and he thought he saw an alien and a UFO, and so he called his mom and dad obviously startled him a bit and they got to come and pick him up take him home because he thought he saw a USFO while I mean, he might have just been the Golden Archers at nighttime, you know. So why did your parents have to come get you? It's always the worst thing if you were at a sleepover or they come pick him up from school. It was always an embarrassing moment. If your mum and dad it means that you put that bat signal up in the sky, not just some mum and dad to see, but all your friends to see as well. So why did your parents have to come and get you? Nine four one one oh four three saw them this morning? Then I was born in an unusual place. Why were you shirtless? And why did mom and dad have to come and get you? It's going to be therapy this morning sharing some of these stories.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast I.
Speaker 1: Hope there's a website that just has images of Scott Morrison helping out in factories, just sitting on the news. It's a classic thing, isn't it when the Prime Minister goes to visit factory and they have them sat down or working on a lathe or production. I'm just like, we want it together, the guys. There must be barely a day goes by he's not at some factory helping out. If you're going to do that, don't just shut up for the photo shoot, right, do a shit, Do a whole day's work, have the lunch break with us, you know, do the whole day there. Don't just turn out. I want to see him at four or five when he slump there as well and begging for more coffees as well. Please tell me there is a meme or some kind of collection of what I'm Scott Morrison helping out of factories all right there each time at Tuesday this week on the show? Why were you shirtless? Were you born somewhere unusual? And why did your mom and dad have to come get you? There's always the real flare into the night sky, wasn't it? Oh Dad, can you come get me when you were at a sleepover school camp. For whatever reason, we want to know why. This morning nine four one four one four three tempa state, Let's go to the lines now, Good morning cakes.
Speaker 7: Hi. My sister in law went into labor during a snowstorm on the top of the mount Haws them.
Speaker 1: Wow, I saw the open loansless stone, so I was born and crossfire, hurricane jumping ji flash. That is a snow storm in hawforam.
Speaker 7: Yes, they decided that very pregnant, it would be a great idea to go to the snow for a week.
Speaker 1: What in the when like a couple of weeks and when the baby was due, not a couple of weeks days.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they were really enjoying themselves.
Speaker 1: Some of those medical dramas were in the first opening scene. You know what the rest of the movie is. So go, let's go to the snow. But the baby's due any day, Derek, no, where, be.
Speaker 3: Fine, web be fine, right if we need to, we'll ski down to the hospital.
Speaker 7: To be fair. She went into labor. They got in the car to head down the mountain to the only hospital, which obviously isn't on the mountain. The ski chains came off they got stuck and ended up being rescued by the ambulance from the mountain and delivered in the little ski first aid sing it on top of the mountain.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So the guys like kids with their broken wrists and like bummed up the snow.
Speaker 1: Waiting there because someone thought going anywhere near a mountain in snow it was a good idea to bring on a labor.
Speaker 7: Apparently the ski pyramedics there. It's the first baby they've delivered on the mountain in known memory.
Speaker 1: Not much like never ever happened. I think babies have been consummated at ski resorts, but not nine months later. They're not normally there for that bit. And what's the name anything to do with snow like a middle name or.
Speaker 7: His middle name is Hottam.
Speaker 1: Gossip has to be what a story. That's amazing. Well talk about you as well, Kate. Kate, we'll give you a hundred dollars worth of those pancake parlor vouchers.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you very much, that's all.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, Kate, thanks for sharing.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 12: Bye.
Speaker 8: Daniel Christian I got picked up by my mum and dad in the most embarrassing way on sixth camp were heading up to the Bright area, about three away at Melbourne. I was all good on the bus and I reckon a day day and a half later, I started coming out in red dots all over me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, chicken pox.
Speaker 10: Chicken pox it was.
Speaker 1: And then what happened? You call mom and dad?
Speaker 8: Oh, yeah, I'll get some teachers ring mom and dad. They picked me up and took me home. And when I got back to school after the camp, I think had gone through about ten other students.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were the original super spreader. Yeah, they didn't know about quarantine back in the down those school camps. Now, chicken pox would spread everywhere and it was a horrible thing.
Speaker 10: To have, wasn't it It was back then? Yeah, all the beaches and did you.
Speaker 1: Get that lecture from mom and dad? Don't pick them you'll be scarred for life.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 8: I think we all get that one, didn't we.
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's amazing all right, Daniel, thank you very much and cool. She's right, Vivian, good morning.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Christian, my friend was naked or her topless. She was topless at a music festival.
Speaker 1: That's not unusual of futty clothes at some music festivals. But yeah, tell us the story.
Speaker 13: Well, she lied actually about going to the music festival to her parents and she ended up being on the front cover of the Sun newspaper back in the day in the seventies at the Sunbury News Sunbury Music Festival, and her parents found out the next day by looking at the front cover of the newspaper and saw her daughter or saw their daughter on the on the cover of the newspaper at the music.
Speaker 1: Festal ever, we think about this, it's just wow, I'm taking it. She was grounded. What did it once? It's got that bad. It's actually it's just a material, isn't it. No punishment can get that. Genie back in the model wants you your daughter's bits are on the front page of your local newspaper.
Speaker 7: It wasn't the local.
Speaker 13: It was called the Sun before it was called the Herald Sun. So it was in the seventies and it was and the Sunbury Music Festival was like, I don't know, what do they call that Waterloo one in America?
Speaker 5: It was massive.
Speaker 13: It had the rolling Stone and everyone went to that music festival so big it was on the on the front page of the newspaper.
Speaker 3: The stones played out at Sunbury.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there was this massive it was like, but they don't make it to the front cover.
Speaker 1: That's the thing we've got to understand about editory decisions. Back in the day, there's a pair of breasts. Let's forget about jaggern wash. These newspapers fly.
Speaker 13: Yeah, in the day, it was the massive music Festival of Australia and they had to stop. Actually, they actually had to stop doing that music festival because it was too huge. So they went back in the day.
Speaker 1: That is becoming a bit too successful. Just leave it a few decades.
Speaker 13: So it was it was too dangerous.
Speaker 1: Wait for Sebastin to come along and it's more sort of manageable level. Gavivian, that's a great story. Thank you very much.
Speaker 13: They're worried.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Just in our last call, I talk about the Sumbury Music Festival. Conceived of it was Australia sort of version of for Woodstock. It really was as big as she described it. I wasn't sure like really the Stones playing here in that early part of their career, but the Stones headlines. She had bands like the Queen as well. Michael Gadinski. This was how far away. It was in the first year of ninety seventy three. It wasn't his brain wave, but he was selling watermelons out the front and nineteen seventy three so quite a while away before he was discovered. With Crocodile and Dundee. Paul Hogan was the MC.
Speaker 3: It was a huge festival. Obviously I wasn't even born yet, but also Deep Purple and ACD. ACDC and their roadies allegedly fought on stage.
Speaker 1: And then ACDC didn't play. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Legend tells us that the disagreement between the two bands and their roadies came to blow, escalating to the point that ac DC refused to perform.
Speaker 1: This is incredible twenty bucks for a ticket to see some of the world's biggest rock bands and the finals Australian ones as well. So for some of you you would have been there. You must have memories, whether you're a teenager of going to the Sunbury Music Festival running the seventies. If you've got any memories, please give us a call. First, Jack and I have heard about it. We've gone down a wormhole. It looks amazing.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shoe podcast, one.
Speaker 1: Of our Callers is talking about a sister been at the Sunbury Music Festival and the Rolling Stones are playing Jack and I just had a quick look on Wikipedia. What a couple of years that would have been the seventies, some of the world's biggest bands. I just seen the names on some of the lineups, you know Queen, Deep, Purple Ac, DC, Rolling Stones and then other names where you're like, who who is sid Rumpo? What a name?
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy three maybe in the Australian music team in.
Speaker 1: I Love said Rumpo back in the day. My point is this, there are certain names that to find the time, weren't they sid Rumpos?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 1: I mean that is not a name for like this this here?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: What a name? Though? When we do who's gone a Questian? Please connect me to the genius that was sid Rumpo In nineteen seventy four, early days for the sky Hooks also booed off stage. Wikipedia would appeared that a lot of Australiers bands off, including Queen, but Skyhooks. Even Skyhooks got boodof in seventy four, and then in nineteen seventy five another band that's caught my butt. I hear the Lardie Dolls apart. There are New Zealand band five dollars as well. Got you in for a day past just five bucks. Some of you were there, or I've got stories about the Sunbury Music festiv which ran in the seventies. Annie, Hello, Hello, Annie. So you do sound old enough to be in there.
Speaker 14: No, I wasn't, unfortunately, but my mother and father were there. They would have been about eighteen at the time. And my mum famously fell asleep during Deep.
Speaker 1: That's a very big, heavy, noisy band to fall the statoin and she obviously had a good time. Is that why she had some snooze?
Speaker 14: I think so she had a big day, just one of a few minutes to shut eye and missed the whole set.
Speaker 1: Perfect time to get it more Deep Purple on, Annie, Thank you very much the story. Thank you, Ivan, Good morning, Good morning, Deep Purple.
Speaker 16: Deep Purple. I think thought he let it in with somewhere over the rainbow, And then there was Deep Purple. The ground was shaking, and to the right, looking at the stage, there was a tower and with space trucking, a light went up and above the tower, right up into the sky. Everyone, I've asked, since that performance saw the same thing, Well.
Speaker 1: There UFO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, this festival really.
Speaker 1: Some of our friends are still back there, man. Now, obviously people might have been smoking things or anything like that, and you can see all kinds of things if you've been doing that. It was the seventies, you Knowation Woodstot. Do you really think that you believe you saw on a UFO?
Speaker 16: Now, I saw something that equated to a UFO, But it was so real the time. Yeah, you thought you saw a UFO.
Speaker 1: And how would you describe that now the UFO? Was it like a space ship or.
Speaker 16: A disc of white light going up into the sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well those aliens they love to rock out of Deep Purple. Check them out deeper. I'll run down up our song space truck in turn it out, guys.
Speaker 16: I still got the album.
Speaker 1: Oh good stuff, Ivan, Thank you very much. You cool, Thank you. Iven. There literally sound like a landline from nineteen seventy three. You know you listen to that old footage.
Speaker 3: Talking head from a documentary?
Speaker 1: Is that one of those ancient broadcasts are just still going out there? If anyone can hear me one of those emergency test transmissions. What I thought I saw one is that the roading in Wayes.
Speaker 10: Did you.
Speaker 1: Oh dear funny stuff.
Speaker 17: Trevor, Yes, good on mine?
Speaker 1: How are you? Yeah? Yeah? Good summary? Music festival? What can you tell us about it?
Speaker 17: Well? I was seventeen, I'm sixty five now, wouldn't be brothers and a couple of other mates. We survived on beer, oranges and meat pie. And on the day of the on the day of the festival, driving up, my brothers worked at the wolf stores and the dog wandered into where they work and we took a dog as well with us. And guess what, mate, we all ended up stealing, including the dog.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, story there. What don't I witness that?
Speaker 7: Girl?
Speaker 1: We got that today, Trevor.
Speaker 3: Did you see the UFO?
Speaker 17: Now I didn't say the u OFO, but I can tell you Max Merritt back then, Max Merrit and the meniors were bigger than Billy four at the time.
Speaker 1: Wow, we any detail on sid Rumpo?
Speaker 17: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Trevor, thank you very much your story.
Speaker 17: Nice question.
Speaker 1: Now we got that story. You know, we need to note that for future generations about them all.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I may regret saying this, But do we ask for UFO sightings on tomorrow's show?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great, okay, approved team tomorrow the UFO hour between seven am and eight full hour. All right, tomorrow we start the UFO Hour and then maybe it's an hour or maybe it's a link. But UFO stories, because if people have UFO stories, they're begging for someone like me to say, call in.
Speaker 3: Now, please tell us about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we've all we heard so far as ago we saw one in the seventies during the Deep Purple gig, and I'm not sure that's the best eyewitness account to trust. Someone's just texted. Actually, someone I met recently on dog Walker Bazarre used to at this place, Steve. He said, if you check out, it must be just in morning, Steve. Check out the Australian Music Vault at the Arts Center and you can look at footage from the Sunbury Music Festival of all these amazing bands. About the footage from it is incredible as well. So well, we're checking out, thanks very much. Sure the stories there. Everyone we spoke to who was there had a certain stuck in the seventies vibe, didn't they, And all the better for it too, all right twenty to nine Today's Time Wastetu Jimmy Barnes a legend and his wife Jane also a legend. He's got a cookbook coming out together featuring Barnzy's face, look Barnsy's famous many Things and reading on the press release Barnsy's famous gravy. Are you do you know about his gravy? I don't know.
Speaker 3: And what's funny as well is didn't Barnsy just recently cancel an interview with you that you hadn't been able to reach schedule?
Speaker 1: It was I think there was some gravy that was on the on the stovetops. We had the concentr out on that Barnsy's famous gravy. I hope when we do get to sit down interview, I want to try this cornfe and Jane's post gig cheese on toast.
Speaker 3: Come on, you can't make a cookbook about cheese on top.
Speaker 1: Well. I remember rum my wife buying some POxy real flimsy one from Gwyneth Paltrow and one of her recipes, she's raving about how in Australia they love smashed ava on toast. That isn't a recipe this, it's this smeared avocado on toast. That was two pages as she had for that avocate smashed ava on toast. Other celebrity cookbooks you didn't know existed? Who knew? Smash Mouth recipes from the road, including their Donkey Sauce Cooking with Coolio cooking what what like Breaking bad cooking five star miles at a one star price? Uh, including sections like it's hard out here for a shrimp must we must have missed those ones.
Speaker 3: We should get some of these cookbooks and try the recipes.
Speaker 1: Yes, we should. I want to try Jimmy Barnes as gravy. All right, so today's time waster cooking songs. Don't go breaking my tart, silver frying without wings, bronze, place your hands, so place your hands brief, brief, Silver smells like cream, spinach cold. Thank you. I've got a Jimmy Barnes one working class flan gold, thank you. We all love Philo Pastry, right, Filo is it me? You're looking for gold?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Let it be silver. And I'm not sure this is gold or bronze. Saute seems to be the hardest word. Bronze that deserve the gold. All right, what have you got? Cooking songs?
Speaker 3: Peggy sous chef.
Speaker 1: Actually quite smart? Silver, remember but smart.
Speaker 3: Let's sear it for the boy.
Speaker 1: That's more like it.
Speaker 3: Gold, Cassa rolling in the deep. Good silver and baby, I need your oven.
Speaker 1: For baby, I need your love. No, no, that's gold. Okay.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Shot post story again excited about tomorrow's UFO. Our brackets ish depending on these stories and calls, so we release start to research some famous UFO sightings in Australia. One even made it into a mention in Molder and Scunny in X Files.
Speaker 3: Apparently a uf sighting in Narry Warren is mentioned by Molder and Scully in the X file.
Speaker 1: We need to track down the footage of that. Get ready with those UFO stories tomorrow morning, seven am. All right, cookery songs, here's this morning's time waster you ready to mark?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sitting on the crockery tray. Oh good one, gold crockery, what on job? Some recipe that I used to know gold, that's very good one. I'm dombe crocodile stew silver when something is wrong with my gravy bronze right on there, get your steak on, mister Elliott Gold, get your steak on that brilliant love that one from Libby Don't dream it's Pavlova Gold Kate McGovern nothing compares to barbecue.
Speaker 3: Silver plus.
Speaker 1: Can you preheat my oven tonight?
Speaker 3: What's the song?
Speaker 1: Can you feel the love tonight? Come on? That's good? Can you preheat my oven tonight? Silver? Lady and bread instead of laid on red? Uh, Papa, don't poach silver. It must have been love.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the original song?
Speaker 1: No mustard must have been loved? Silver, Alan tougher, sweet glaze of rind, Gold kariny. You pulled it off, well done. Don't go bacon my heart. I couldn't if I fried. It's a doubler.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 1: Oh sous sou sushi roll, Phil Collins, he's in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Gold plus.
Speaker 1: If he comes out with a cookery book, police have that fill sushi roll scarlet. That's great, that's really good.
Speaker 15: We will walk you silver pork this way, Bronze love it Love is a battlefield. Silver, Bake me up before you go go Silver grilling in the name of Gold, House of the Rising Bun.
Speaker 1: Gold, you braise me up. I thought I had a bit there, tiny because I liked it so much. No onions, no cry gold bacon through to the other size gold Danger cal Zone.
Speaker 3: Gold plus.
Speaker 1: I hope that's on a recipe somewhere for like a really spicy one danger col zone. Uh, knocking on Heaven's door. These are very good achy bacon heart silver Leslie it there? Who gets best in show?
Speaker 3: What was the one we loved? I've already forgotten it.
Speaker 1: Shi rolled luckily, here we go now Susu Sushi Rollers. Best in show time of today's show is mister Sniffer. We are back tomorrow morning with UFO Christian.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast