Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You are like the spit out of her mouth.
Speaker 3: One for the stew one for me. It is Joe's mum here, please in the store. Your soner's rupture is nutsacked.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four by three.
Speaker 3: Excuse yeah, thanks you for seeing on the radio. Huh hey, hey, hey radio radio radio. Good morning. It's to Christian O'Connell show. Good morning, Jackie boy, Hi you guys, I'm good. Good morning Patsy. Now, Patsy seem a message last night saying you need my advice. How can I be of service to you?
Speaker 4: Patrina Audie has her very first mobile phone.
Speaker 3: That must be frightening for your freedom. It's she can contact the outside world, indeed the support services.
Speaker 4: It's a step of trepidation. We didn't want to get it for another twelve month until she was sort of nearly year seven. But there was an incident last week where because of flooding, the buses couldn't get back to their normal stop. So sort of last minute they were re rooted like way over the other side.
Speaker 5: Of the west.
Speaker 4: And we knew this like the school sent out a text alert. But she was panicking thinking we didn't know, so she borrowed a girlfriend's phone to ring us. So clever and immature. But then Chris said, you know what I think it's I think we're going to have to get to the point that she needs a phone. I said, yea, all right, but what do I do Christian? What rules do we have to You're.
Speaker 3: Really heading into it now. That is the phone usage and stuff like that. People have written books on it, Patsy. It is a constant battle at times.
Speaker 5: Here's an idea. Could you go for one of those old Nokia thirty two tens so she can't go apps? Yeah, she can't go on TikTok.
Speaker 3: She thought about that. But then what they do, Perats is they go, I'm the only one in the Yeah, you don't want to be to be lonely missing out in parts and her work.
Speaker 5: Clubs I know, I know, go to the homework.
Speaker 3: Must get you the most expensive phone I can. Work clubs, we studies and prayer groups. You said, a prayer app. I don't get it now. It's called TikTok? Is it like a church online?
Speaker 4: No, Well, she's already we got her just a cheap you know, outright, little folk, it was under one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: It was like forty nine bucks.
Speaker 3: A phonus. I mean, who are you calling on that? She's not getting You'll get bot carts and a piece of street.
Speaker 2: She's eleven.
Speaker 3: If you need to get hold of an emergency that that phone isn't calling.
Speaker 6: Is where did you even get something so cheap?
Speaker 2: Guess where it was on sale?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is it a toy one though it's real? Is that like wheels on the bottom and.
Speaker 5: Dumb balls inside it?
Speaker 2: It's a smart phone and the first thing she smart.
Speaker 3: All the analogy in an iPhone you don't get at that cheat. They cost so much money.
Speaker 5: Little fine Apple, Samsung, Google, they all us over one thousand dollars came out.
Speaker 3: Now she's now going to become that kid in the class and go already, get your phone out. Your mommy got your phone's he take it back?
Speaker 2: Ruin, He's fine.
Speaker 3: You ruined her childhood.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: That's it. We just jumped online to have a look at that little phone you've got, you audio daughter, I'm looking at the spill featuring high definition voice calls. Wait, I can call using my voice speak to another wedn's. It's been available for only fifty bucks high definition voice calls. Wow, what a reason to buy this. She must be the only people in town offering me high definition voice call.
Speaker 5: I think I'm still using standard deaf calls.
Speaker 4: When she shows us over twelve months she can be responsible with it and not abuse it and not lose it.
Speaker 2: She can maybe get an upgrade.
Speaker 5: I'm actually shocked.
Speaker 3: That's actually a good idea.
Speaker 5: For forty nine bucks, you can get a smartphone.
Speaker 2: The first thing she did was download the Netflix up.
Speaker 3: This has apps on it, like eight bits. It's quite like to be like a stick man that little book used to flip through to see someone running or stuff like that. It's got Netflix on that. It's about third of the resolution of an iPhone. It actually is a good idea, Patsy. But I'm going to bet you. I'll bet you ten bucks. Now within three months, you're stepping out to an iPhone.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, she's not getting an iPhone yet. She might get one of my old ones.
Speaker 3: But see already a crumbling honestly, because you'll have this, especially when she goes into the next school year. Everyone else has got them. They've got all the apps I'm missing out. And also it's just like they pitched to you, and it is true. We didn't have any of this and we were kids. They do talk to each other the way they talk to each other. It is on snapchat, right. They don't use texts. They think old people use text messages. I don't realize it's this old and boring using text messages And went, wait, you still text people? And they're like looking like, yes, square me time traveler from the past with my SMS because it's just easier and it works. And I go, actually, I use what uh it's encrypted? No what you what? You what you do? What you will need and that is whatever phone you get, you need to have something where you can control what they're having access to. That is the thing. Yeah, it is, and that's why I mean, I'm sure all phones do this on this know with the iPhone I still have it now. So we agreed what their time of usage is and that to justify why they need a lot of hours because I'm monitored. I said, to tell you what, for six months, you run your own phone usage, right, and then once a month I'll just I'll just share with you what you've been using first month, I said, this is the hours of someone who has a full time job. It was something like, that's a forty hour week. Yeah, if you're doing a forty hour week on their phone.
Speaker 5: Want one day get twelve hours a day?
Speaker 3: I said, at school? This is on a school day. I said, you won't spend twelve hours a day in your actual working job. No one works that hard. So I said, do you work for the phone? I said, because it's running you. And then we put in controls about how many hours a day. So now I get these wonderful things where if they run over time, it sends me a message going, Ruby would like to use some more time on TikTok no. But also you can set what you will need when they're younger. Pats is because they can quite easily and there are lots of horror stories. Well, they can quite easily get into areas being lured into people that are very very good at that really easy. You must have access to fine for what they can do, because you can limit what they can get onto and stuff like that. So I would look into it. But you need something where you can set parental controls over where you can limit the usage and what kind of Also, it's just like going on YouTube. You can limit what they can see on YouTube those channels as well, because it's just like if we were her age, it's suck a wild frontier. No matter how smart you are, you're going to just why wouldn't you be curious? It's all there and they don't need to see everything that's there, Patsy. So I don't know if that fifty bucks toy phone has controls other than volume.
Speaker 5: It probably can't get on the internet. So you're safe for now.
Speaker 3: Walks you to the local library to get you the reference books and what you're looking at.
Speaker 7: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Big reaction to Jack's story about going out for breakfast with a mutual friend of ours. A lovely guy. All right, this guy is a lovely guy called Hugh. But what he did, what you saw was strange.
Speaker 5: Yes, he at the end of a breakfast, he ordered another coffee and then stuck a stick of chewy in his mouth and why chewed the minty taste. He drank his piccolo. And this is a man who's a motivational speaker, goes into schools, your cable schools, that psycho tune.
Speaker 3: Now you call him a psycho. Now, yesterday you called him a freak as well, and we heard from towards the end of the show because he sent us messages saying that he's been hearing from a lot of his friends, and he was saying to Jack and I have you been talking about the radio and getting all these messages people calling me a freak. He's even become a new friend through Amis Blake of Ben you know, the guy who runs Attica, one of the best chefs in the country. So he's now wide people are judging him because you called him a freak. He sent me another message yesterday. I am now coming around to his side of this.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's hear it.
Speaker 3: Patsy, you might want to put this in the news because I can't believe you also just doubled down and calling him a psycho. Let's go back to Hugh and his right to reply. This is some message.
Speaker 8: And just as a side note, mate, I just would like you to know that that never happened. I never had chewing gum whilst drinking coffee. I haven't had chewing gum since my last time of cricket in twenty fifteen, because you can only really have chew when you're playing sport. It makes you look really confident. It's a false sense of arrogance. And I realized as a civilian, can't walk around chewing chew because it just looks so outrageously arrogant, especially when you're having coffee or someone. I didn't even have a min I definitely order second coffee.
Speaker 3: Iways doing that.
Speaker 8: Maybe there was a piece of chicken on my plate that I put in my mouth that he mistakenly took for chewy. I never ever had chewy.
Speaker 3: No, I know what I saw, Christian Patsy, let me just go, Patsy, what do you think here? And that?
Speaker 4: Oh, I think that you maybe Jack?
Speaker 5: No plates were clear. There's no way it was a bit of.
Speaker 3: A I believe. I believe that man a motivational speaker. He's he's strong on his story.
Speaker 5: I was fixated on what I saw before.
Speaker 3: What did he order? Did he have like some chicken or some scrambled eggs?
Speaker 5: I can't even remember, But but his story he even remembers when he last had it twenty fIF And he's right about.
Speaker 3: Having chewing gum when you're just walking around you.
Speaker 5: Look what you know when people are telling a lie and they go into too much detail. Don't you think a story about twenty fifteen and the cricket team is too much detail.
Speaker 3: I'm coming back round to Jack your.
Speaker 7: Move you Christian no Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's time for this week's Naked Hour.
Speaker 6: Oh Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour on Nick Nick Nick Nick Nick Nag Naked Hour, Naked Hour, ohnck Nake Nig n Nagg Naked Hour, Naked Hour.
Speaker 3: Okay, come over your breakfast show. We are butt naked from seven seven to eight naked as a day we were born. We give you the theme. You pick all the songs between seven and eight every Thursday morning on the show. This week then the theme is food Songs about food. Patsy, what are you going for?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am going for probably my favorite Billy Joel song, Scenes from an Italian restaurant.
Speaker 2: It's just such a great I love this song.
Speaker 3: You familiar with this?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Isn't it one eighty two?
Speaker 2: It's a masterpiece.
Speaker 5: I think you played it on the show once. I was like, oh, this is a long six.
Speaker 2: The Bottle of Wadge story the bottle and.
Speaker 10: Have the bottle of.
Speaker 2: Foods wines. Food, isn't it?
Speaker 3: You can a food We won't have any challenges from me. I think it's one of your main five you've got to get at the top of the.
Speaker 2: But I love the change in pace in that song.
Speaker 3: Oh stunny, it's brilliant change.
Speaker 5: I didn't get to that.
Speaker 3: Like a philistine. Okay, it's like Renoir. He's painting a masterpiece in front of very eye.
Speaker 5: It's like watching him paint the whole thing.
Speaker 2: No, Jack, you just don't get it.
Speaker 3: It's making himself. So I'm very foolish. What have you got, young man? What have you got?
Speaker 5: I got a very fast song. I think this one's under three minutes. Features by the Presidents of the USA Tune.
Speaker 3: Millions of press for me, millions of gas beaches for three millions of They were a great dad, great man.
Speaker 5: This album has a special place in my heart. This was the debut album, self titled Presidents of the USA. It was my first parental guidance sticker on a CD.
Speaker 3: Do you remember all that? It was like a really big deal, wasn't it. Yeah? That black and like little black and white sticker parental warning for words. All right, so songs about food I'm going for I'm going to take you back to nineteen fifty one. Oh wow, I know this format. I know this format, nineteen fifty one and a beautiful bang of a song. Right it's called I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Canuts. Oh no you're not, but yeah by Danny k. Your name has being Crosby's Coast Star and White Christmas. Let me just before you judge it, right, let me tell you now you're in a bad mood. You see this on in your cart, You're in a good mood within seconds. Danny this up people look around. There stands me wire and he wants to share his song. I'm also going for this because you can't have something great tasting without sugar in it. Yesterday we were a drama thing. I'm gonna watch my daughter and about twelve other of peers doing drama performances. It was in the evening seven to night. You need a little bit of sugar. Half I think my wife gets out of her massive handbag, which is like a tarded. She pulls out a bag of snakes. Yes, it's what we need. I take you a handful because you never take one. You take a big hand you can eat one of the tour. You can't take a big old handful. And I start chewing on them and I'm not getting a sugar rug. And look her, she goes. I chucked them back to my buddy. Thought he was getting sugar. We need sugar, You need sugar.
Speaker 11: I know it's not very good, but a little bit, just a nipper bit.
Speaker 12: Why daddy, you don't make me right?
Speaker 3: There stays me? Why sing and roll her bones? Drive back over the Westgate. Danny k nineteen fifty one banger.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commel show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, coming in on text red red Wine, You be forty Cake by the Ocean June. This is a good tune. Danny Kaye was a lie now still doing a song and this is what he sounds like. It looks like the B side Take care together. We're now still going, still making great music. I just love just eating.
Speaker 9: Eggs, have some marching and have smart.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: This is a great chick I love. We now number one song on the Texas Morning Cheese Classic Sugar Sugar. All right, let's go to aerol this morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Errol, Morning, Christian, Morning party, morning, Jack, er what.
Speaker 3: Song do you reckon? We need to play this morning? And about food?
Speaker 14: I've got recrost at Tiffany's.
Speaker 15: But for the life of me, I can't think of the artist.
Speaker 3: That's it. You shut it up. I'll shout at home, Errol. You're gonna meet together, buddy every morning. Riding out there, Errol, thank you very much. May have a good day. Not a problem. They don't clip we're playing this. I thought we got the whole song there, Daniel. Good morning, Daniel, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 16: How are we I'm.
Speaker 3: Good, Daniel. What are you fancy this morning? Then?
Speaker 17: Well, you know when that moon hits your eye like a bigger pizza pie, that's.
Speaker 3: A mom wow, the moon. I like them, big a bezza pie. That's morn. Songs about food and happy songs, aren't they? Seeds shine like you've had too much wine. That's small Gray one. Daniel.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If our boss thinks playing act is polarizing, we start coming out of seven o'clock news the strongest, strongest segue we've ever done. Great idea, Jack, Let's go to Paul here. Good morning, Paula. Yeah, I'm here, Paul. What are you actually hearing?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 15: The Banana Boat song I Think by Harry Bellafonto.
Speaker 3: It is by Harry Hey, mister Dali? Why the old here?
Speaker 11: Aren't we.
Speaker 3: Three? W play music? Thank god? Neil Mitchell's idea of party tunes. Thank you very much, Paul. Let's go to Gordon. Good morning, Gordon, good morning.
Speaker 18: Here you go.
Speaker 3: I'm good Gordon, have you're well? And what song have you got for us about food?
Speaker 14: The B fifty choose rock Lobster, thet other songs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rob loves This is a brilliant song. Gordon, Thank you very much. Let's go to thank you Paul. Hello, Paul, Yes, Hi guys.
Speaker 17: How are you.
Speaker 3: So stumbled on air there? Paul? Yes? What is it? A little bit confrontational? Tune it down, Paul? What what song have you got us?
Speaker 14: Breakfast in America by Super Tramp?
Speaker 3: Got another great song? How long with these quins? They're a lot longer than my Danny Kay? I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts? Paul, Thank you very much. That's a great one. Let's got to Benjamin now.
Speaker 19: Got to make the Gravy by Paul Kelly.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, great one to play it Christmas. Who's gonna make the gravy? Oh, this is a lovely song. We definitely gonna play this at a long place to save. Yeah, Benjamin, that's a great one. Thank you very much for that one.
Speaker 12: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Catting no time to keeps his car close to his cheers, Karen, good morning.
Speaker 15: Good morning, one of the greatest American pie doma claim.
Speaker 20: Yes bye.
Speaker 9: American Pido Machevy do the levy, but the levee was dry and then good old boys drinking.
Speaker 5: Talk about six minutes songs.
Speaker 3: So it's like an opera, isn't it. It's not the peaks and troughs of it all, but it's a great song. Keep this coming.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Christian O'carls show.
Speaker 3: Podcast every Thursday between having an eight we let you pick all the songs. We give you a theme this morning and sow songs about food coming up in ten minutes time, Harry Belafonte. I'm just saying that to terrify the boss. Ten minutes time, Harry Belafonte.
Speaker 5: Don't should be driving out to the receiver and try and pull down the towel.
Speaker 3: With spanners again, So turn the car around with joke. He's after eight, we're playing it after a we're our amateurs on this show, all right, So last night at midnight really wants a deadline for you guys to invite us round to yours. So we'll be doing the Naked Hour week listen. Yeah next week. So next Thursday, this show is on the road. We'll be coming live from we don't know yet. We haven't picked the home, but it will be from one of your homes. Soudo Eco will be playing live and you'llsoll win thanks to Ian s a sixty thousand dollar kitchen makeover. There's a show win my kitchen. What have I gonna do?
Speaker 5: There's a band in and what are they going to do? Soon awake? That's gonna plane, that's what they're going to do.
Speaker 3: They might use my lub. So there was a deadline half midnight. We didn't realize that a lot of you didn't know about this. We just presumed you hung on our every word and listen to every single break. So we may later on this morning open up the lines for you to do live tours. Because the deadline is over. To advice us, we need to start getting on with finding our home for next Thursday. All right, some of the entries then, and thank you so much to everyone, even if you haven't got yours played out on air, we really appreciate the time and effort you've gone to making these videos walking us around your amazing homes, introducing us to your family members, your pets. I think I've seen just about every trampoline of Melbourne, seeing a lot of spars, seeing four seaters, seen some eight seaters. I didn't need that many seats. What goes on there hung for everyone is they're in the colder sack. I've seen too much. All right, let's play some entries that came in overnight. Let's go to cath Welcome to.
Speaker 21: My drug den. Yes, unknowingly, my fiance and I two months ago bought what we thought was a very dirty house. Turns out it was a drug den. This is why we're entering. The guy painted the benchers with tile paint, so everything's sticky. The cat sticks to it.
Speaker 3: Over here.
Speaker 21: These cupboards were on the kitchen floor. I asked him, can you please put the overhead cupboards back up?
Speaker 9: He used for me.
Speaker 22: Two So a very.
Speaker 21: Big space for you guys, and a beautiful Scottish breakfast ready for you to come and please help with my disgusting kitchen.
Speaker 5: He and grease breakfast doesn't seem so advertising when you know it's cooking a du drug den that Scottish influence.
Speaker 3: Have you seen Scottish people heavy on the grease and lard and fat. Let's go to cold food North now and Angelo first line on his entry, if you ring my doormall, I'll make you a Greek style coffe Don't you take me to Hey? This is where the boys are gonna play it again? He sounds like he's dropped the f bo here as well.
Speaker 23: Don't you take me to a funky Hey? This is where the boys are gonna play. Got the chandeliers?
Speaker 3: Rockster?
Speaker 9: It's all rockster here, Chris, Come on, here we go. We just lost our fish recently. You know we're still in morning. But I know maybe you guys can cheer us up, yes us and uh say it later.
Speaker 6: So your wicko funky town bring it here.
Speaker 3: Rockstar, Chris, you get the shandelier. I love Angelo. My wife is an OREGONI expert and can make anything you request. Stop it, sir, you have me creak star coffee. The Origami. Brian, you and su Echo. What do you want a pseudo OREGONI set that you and the boys Christian We have them in seeing live gig in a long time. Please bring the gig to us. We have bottoms and loud noises. Scare them the Echo start playing. Hopefully that will help. We really like Angelo. Now let's go to kee le down. Sarah, my eight and.
Speaker 2: Ten year old, would love to make.
Speaker 3: You some Sarah's got a beautiful voice. It's all those It's a lovely voice. It's friendly. You know you want a friend like Sarah. She reminds me of Patsy, you know where they get very passionate, they get the other. Excuse me, no, no, it's a lovely thing. IM sorry. If it's so compliments, it goes up a bit.
Speaker 20: My eight and ten year old would love to make you some popcorn and soft served ice cream. We can sit and have a coffee in this gorgeous nineteen eighties kitchen batchat detail. We'll whip out the special cups on the day. Now, Pseudo Echo.
Speaker 24: Can perform in my makeshift butler's pantry, or, as my in laws used to call it, the form olngine. Over this way, we can sit on some gorgeous counters massage chair in clu and whip ourselves up some mimosas at the bar. And if the inside isn't good enough for you, then we can sit outside in the concrete jungle.
Speaker 8: Come on the.
Speaker 3: Kitchen like a clonal show up there, fool. That is great. I love that, Sarah Keetle downs. Thank you very very much, Christian. I've told the kids they can have the day of school. You don't do that. The show finishes at night of school. If you want to be breakfast, we'll get uber bother to make us like some.
Speaker 5: Tooas Did they say they have a soft served machine at their house?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, let's go to live here.
Speaker 6: Allo Christian.
Speaker 7: It's quickly filming for your kitchen.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry this one. I didn't say that some comedy. Now they've done a sketch. Oh yeah, play it guys.
Speaker 6: Allo Christian, it's quickly filming for your kitchen.
Speaker 13: We've got to be quiet and we don't want to disturb.
Speaker 3: The cook so as we skin around.
Speaker 23: I was going to say that my wife saying that the kitchen is too old, that space, the appliances are old and falling apart.
Speaker 5: Personally, I think it's fine, but that's the way it is anyway.
Speaker 3: Thank you comedies. Here guys, we need to stop.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think we're done. We caught, We're done.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, We're finished.
Speaker 5: Witch Project.
Speaker 3: Loads of more entries to play out. Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So the deadline was midnight last night for your entries to invite us into your home next Thursday. The entire Breakfast Show six to nine Me, Jack and Patsy round at yours, Pseudo Echo special guests playing live at yours. This can be amazing and she gets sixty thousand dollars amazing kitchen makeover from the Briston town at this I haven't told you about this. I had to get a toilet from my mother in law of Robinie in this last week, and my mother was a very frugal lady. So I have to actually ask Rob for the cheapest toilet. What is the cheapest woman you've got? You barely have suspended. She's moving into a little apartment. She's just downscanning right, and so she needs to cut a bit. So she needed a toilet.
Speaker 5: And why woul didn't he come with a toilet already.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know, the landlord take somewhere out there, take the toilet with them. I don't know, but I think she destroyed the old one, as we call it. When she comes on her, we call her the porcelain punisher.
Speaker 5: So anyway, well, Robert, I'm sure that.
Speaker 3: Man knows his way around to you. Men's all right. So the deadline was last night, but we didn't realize just what a last minute surge there would be of people trying to do this. Okay, last night, one hundred and twenty seven thousand people. I'm underdoing it. The action number, you wouldn't believe is ten times. That actually one point five million our nerves times, but one hundred and twenty seven thousand people They try to upload the video, and so a lot of you are saying, look, we've run out of time. We really want you to come to our homes. I even got this very distressed message today from awesome name Philamina Eardly, What a great name, Filimina. Oh MG, Christian, please disregard the sad, sucky video I sent in desperation last night. My mobile heard stuff the sound I had to send the video to my daughter, or she put it in the tittok app on her phone so I could record onto it. I feel totally embarrassed after hearing what you've playing out this week. The standard kill me now. When I first looked online to put an application, I read the sixty second time, and I was so nervous to stay with it. In the time, I sounded like a moron. I'm gon't know who have to borrow a phone after work and do a take too. I hope it will be allowed late. Have a great rest of the They pass on my love to Jack and Patsy fellow me in an early lovely message there. So this is what we're gonna do now. We're gonna open up the lines for five minutes and five minutes only. Then that's it. No more applications, Live Tour. Don't need to worry about filming something, editing it, uploading our ear the phrase uploading, probably half the audience went, nah, he's lost me. Can't we just do secret sound? Why can't you do all the other shows and just do secret sound? I just want to be lucky. Why upload? What's he talking about? Upload? I'm not e a mask? Upload? What call us up now? The old fashioned way on the phone. Give us a live tour, doesn't even matter if you're not in your home. You know what your home looks like, walk us round it.
Speaker 7: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, time now for the live tours. The deadline it is now okay, was actually midnight. So this is the last time we're going to let you invites us around your home, because actually we do need to pick a home to come to next Thursday with Pseudo Echo, and you also win a sixty thousand dollars kitchen makeover. All right, let's go to stew first of all, Good morning stew.
Speaker 12: Hey, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 18: Our house will blow you away. I'll walk up the driveway. The house looks like the Faulty Towers Hotel. In through the double doors, turn left through the foyer into the beautiful timber bar area, open fireplace, pseudo Echo in the corner, just imagine it. Come back through the foyer, go the other way through the shandelt little Lund rooms.
Speaker 12: Into the kitchen, which sounds handcraft.
Speaker 3: It is listening to an audio version of Grand Designs the fireplace.
Speaker 12: It's funny you soda because the house was actually in home Beautiful magazine in nineteen eighty nine and it hasn't been touched since. The hardwood timber cabinet thry through the kitchen. We've got lead light glass windows for our overhead cabinets. They are amazing, but God, it needs it up. It's frightening. So we would love to have.
Speaker 14: A new idea.
Speaker 3: Steet, you make a great case. Thank you very very much. Right, it's Stewie. There's yours. Go to Samantha. Now, Good morning, Samantha.
Speaker 22: Good morning, Christian. How are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Samantha. Your time starts now, walk around your home, Samantha.
Speaker 22: All right. So I'm in the beautiful sunroom, which we extended, and I have a beautiful witch who looked after me. I have the Lucky Elephant and buddhas all around my house. I've also got a pet magpie which will come and visit us once. Cio Echo is playing in the background.
Speaker 3: Stuf, which is and what are you the crow lady of the street?
Speaker 22: I am, I'm the crow lady listening. Our cat, poor Felix, passed away, and the grass and the garden is there, and now the magpies come to visit, and I give it cheese and look listen. I live with my beautiful mum, Barbara Webber, and she's gorgeous. But she's asleep now, so I can't introduce you to her, but you should.
Speaker 3: Think she's asleep now this time next Thursday, we'll be doing the show, making quite a lot of noise in a live band. What's old Crab's going to make her that?
Speaker 22: We're going to wake her up with pudo echo. I want you to play it loud?
Speaker 3: Okay, how old is paps?
Speaker 19: Bobby Patch?
Speaker 22: Hello? Patch? Listen she is? She's seventy five.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not seventy five?
Speaker 5: Is not what you're in.
Speaker 22: You sound like you're thirty five.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I'll.
Speaker 3: Take that, sister. They look after it. This is lovely. I love this anyway.
Speaker 22: I'm Christian. We've all. I've got a beautiful pool and I'm cleaning it as we speak. I'm putting the Dolphin in shortly Dolphin. Yeah, it's like a creepy Crawley, but it's called.
Speaker 7: The Dolphins, all right, gotcha?
Speaker 3: All right, Samantha. Lovely to meet, and thank you very much for inviting us around next week with you and your mum Babs.
Speaker 22: Hopefully hopefully and common. I want to hear pseudo echo loud.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh yeah, okay, let's squeeze in Louise. Good morning, Louise, Good morning Christian and teeth, Good morning Luisa. Sixty second starts. Now walk us around your home.
Speaker 16: Welcome to a renovators delight, decorated originally by Franco Cottoul and Steroids. Coming in through our main entryway to your right, you'll see a lovely flocked wallpaper in the lounge. If you stare at it just right, I'm sure you see the face of Jesus.
Speaker 22: Then you're walking to the main.
Speaker 16: Kitchen on the left. Oh, so many features.
Speaker 22: Where to start?
Speaker 16: Beaten copper rain hood. Parts of it are missing, so you're cooking and you're.
Speaker 22: Like, ah, what's that?
Speaker 19: It's oil.
Speaker 16: My husband and son, my husband John, my son Owen who's nine, aren't really prepared for this. However, you know they'd be delighted to have you come around and check out our fluorescent yellow benches, also nicely accompanied with the lovely wood paneling sorry wood laminate paneling brown brown, as is the color of the demo. The general seventy five.
Speaker 3: That I get why you need to get rid of the kitchen taus, Why you're going to be the last person we ever speak to now because I'm closing the lines I should ever Yes, it's the end of my radio career. This is my legacy doing this show. Why should it be you, Louise? Why should we pick you today?
Speaker 16: We are working often all the time. We have tried to start renovations, and we start a little bit and then it's peace by peace. I feel like I'm gonna, you know, tip, going and working and working my whole life and never getting a kitchen that doesn't drip on me leak, have a tap that needs to be held shut by a stack of bricks and some projectiles and a wooden shopping board. Like seriously, it takes a lot for me to hold my swearing in but every day and live well.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Thank you very much. All right, Luisa made a strong case. Well done. Thank you very much for inviting us.
Speaker 7: Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Just made my South Jack and rear a nice hot chocolate to have while we enjoy that, just three guys having a chat standing out the nice sunny day, having a hot chocolate. How about you, guys? What are you enjoying having a coffee? Maybe do that. We haven't had a nice hot chocolate. That's why we're the bad boys of breakfast radio. We are so dangerous. It's like the rat pack in here in the morning. It's catching on with a friend of mine. Yesterday his door to the same age as mine. So year twelve. He also had the dinner on Tuesday night. Very different scene to mine. So let me just subscribe what happened to him. This is unbelievable. They're having the dinner, the valedictorian dinner. Whish. I don't even know what is a valedictorian. By the way, what does it stand for?
Speaker 5: It feels American to me. Is another type of graduation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're having that anyway, the valedatorian dinner. And it's in a some kind of ballroom. So we're at a hotel, one of those big function rooms, and the principal is speaking, and everyone's all around the sides of the dance floor. Mid speech, right, crack a great big ceiling panel and I'm talking, like he said, a couple of meters by a couple of meters just just falls drops suddenly and violently onto the middle of the empty dance. Well, luckily on top of it, it's a terrified looking possum. It's like this, people are like this. The possum, obviously terrified, starts running a mock. My friend described and he described the scene next as a kind of Mexican wave of screaming as the possum ran amongst women's legs and dresses and stuff like that, and the screens were spreading across the room left to right as men try to sort of get hold of the possum and catch it. Why an amazing moment, right, I mean, there's probably schools listening right now worried about a dull speech. Drop a possum from the ceiling. Suddenly you've got a talking moment there. That's a great And the next stand up show I'm going to plan.
Speaker 5: That there's a mic drop, but then there's a toss and top one level above.
Speaker 3: So with this, I want to know this more. And then your story is, well, unwelcome animal visitors. When you were in a situation at that and you realize there's an animal, there's an unwelcome visitor, and then also what did he do to try and get rid of it? Soone caught it by the way, took it outside and it was like a nice hotel. I think it was like the heart. I don't know where it was, but like a nicer do just put it out on the street like I was going to get a taxi home or something like that.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So we're looking for your stories about unwelcome animal visitors.
Speaker 7: Rod, Good morning, morning time.
Speaker 17: Here are you going.
Speaker 3: We're good Rod? What was the unwanted animal visitor?
Speaker 17: Enhantsman?
Speaker 3: All right, what happened?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Well, I got up in the morning, put my pants on, went into the toilet. I was standing at the toilet and I felt something on the inner thigh of my leg inside the pants. Thought, don't feel right, called pair to the floor. There's a huntsman there.
Speaker 3: Are we talking top of the inner thigh? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, too close for comfort?
Speaker 17: Y Yeah, so I've just flicked it onto the floor and.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's your excuse here when your wife came in, Ron, thank you very much. You cool. Let's go to Maria now, Good morning Maria.
Speaker 15: Hi guys. I've also got a puss and story about five point thirty one morning, my husband and I got working up by a noise in our kitchen, and he pretended to be asleep. So I went to see what it was.
Speaker 3: That's a guy moved, that isn't it pretend to be asleep, And.
Speaker 15: It was a massive fresh tail possum sitting on top of their fridge. Oh gos closed all the doors, opened up the front door, got an apple and tried to get it off the fridge, and it started following the apple.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves a fresh apple, don't You can lead me astray quite easily in the back of the car where you offer a fresh apple.
Speaker 15: But just as I got to the front door, my husband came out to see if I needed any help.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he turns late to the party, it.
Speaker 15: Went solistic and Christian. Your story made me absolutely laugh, because when possum are scared, they will wait and pooh everywhere.
Speaker 3: And I forgot to mention that one mate said there was a horrible smell right, and they were trying to work out which teacher was going to have to clear it up at this Valedictorian dinner. So as it's in your house, it's now like possum pee and pooh everywhere.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and what did it?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 15: Wedged itself up behind the back of their Canara heater in the walls, and for a professional possum's guy to come and get it out.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what a nightmare. You must have been filthy with your husband as well, because you almost had it out the door like a like a bouncer getting it out.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but now he scared it and it just went nuts.
Speaker 3: Maria, thank you very much. She cool. Love that have a great day. Thanks for going the show your story, Matt, Good morning.
Speaker 11: Good day, Legend.
Speaker 3: How are we, Matte and Matt. What's your story about an unwelcome animal visitor? Ah?
Speaker 11: Well, going back when I was a kid, it was about two in the morning, we all got woken up the family to this really high pitched screeching in the living room. So we're wondering what Plus, we all went into the living room and Dad's it was coming from the chimney, and Dad's trying to figure out what's going on. And so he's put his head in there and he's figuring it out, and he's like, oh, I think I can see a bird flapping around. He's like, how do we get it out? So he's like, do I light a fire? I'm like, don't do that, and he's like, well, it's going to stink out the house if it dies in there. So all of a sudden, don't you took about two minutes. It wasn't a bird that came flying out. This giant that came flying out of the fireplace.
Speaker 3: Quick when they start darting around, that's so.
Speaker 7: Quick, man, it was.
Speaker 11: It was quite ch It woke us up, that's for sure. So this that's flying through the living room knocking into windows, well yeah it was. It was ridiculous, but managed to subdue the bat. I don't know how that did it, but.
Speaker 5: Everybody calm.
Speaker 3: It's a very exciting episode.
Speaker 11: What's up is now known as the bat wid Brow. It was quite an interesting experience. I at school the next morning, and that was quite a good tale to tell. No one believes me, but I can tell you it was true from the amount of proved that I was covered in.
Speaker 16: That was.
Speaker 11: Yeah. So that was interesting. But man, I'll tell you what. I love animals, but they are not pretty animals up front. It was it looked like the spawn of Satan.
Speaker 3: It was, yeah, thank you, I tell you what. When Sadavid Abragh Bunny leaves this planet. I think we've got his replacement, but just be awful if you ever come across a bat on there.
Speaker 13: Or not.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's not.
Speaker 3: Matt. Thank you very much. You're a great story mate.
Speaker 11: Cheers right, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Take care, guys on a brager Not you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Coming up next on the show. Then why were they calling your name out over the PA. We're looking for your stories, Christian. It was me actually work in the PA system at the Bunnings once an A woman asked me to page her husband and she'd lost him in the Bunnings. Several called outs, no son and her husband. She then asked if I could if she could use my phone. She left her my but at home. He picks up. I hear her going where are you? He replies, I'm at home, and then hear her go, well, you've left me at Bunnings. Nikki Dingley, that's a great story, Thank you very much, Christian. My husband was called out over the PA at our local leisure center when I went into labor with our second child. I was at home. He was out playing five a side soccer and he'd forgot on his phone. He said it was an accident. I'm sure we did it on purpose, So the only option was the PA system. Christian, my husband Shavers started to vibrate in our suitcase while it was being stowed away in the airplane. He was paige while we were sat on the plane. He had to go and open up the suitcase on the tarmac with the police officials. That's from Mary nine four one four one four to three this morning. Then why were they calling your name out on the PA? Who we got here? Damium yoday? How are we all? Yeah, we're good, mate? And why were they calling you out on the PA?
Speaker 13: At school? I decided it was a great idea of man a couple of mics. We took off and sort of did a bit of wagging, and I forgot I had a appointment with my mother and teacher and vice principal, so it wasn't quite popular forty five minutes with my mother sitting at the principal's office. By the time I got.
Speaker 3: There, he must have been very popular, mate.
Speaker 13: Oh, mom thought it was a great jake when we got home, but certainly not at the time.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Tracy Good morning, Hey.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you going.
Speaker 3: I'm going, Tracy, Welcome to the show. So why were they calling out your name?
Speaker 10: So, my little dude was about two and a half. We were at the local Big w and he went left and I went right and I lost him. So he went to the service counter and he said to the lady, I've lost my mum, and she called out Tracy and then my last name. So anyone knew me heard that he was lost and told everyone that my son was at the service counter. And then in the background I could hear him saying, she's got blonde hair, she's got blue white, and she's fat.
Speaker 3: I tell you what for two year old bloody? How you like that too?
Speaker 10: I know I was happy that he knew my name, but it was a junior roastmaster.
Speaker 3: Yes that is.
Speaker 10: He has not changed, sit know any differences.
Speaker 3: All right, Tracy, thank you very much. Life that's true, true, Tracy, thank you very much. You could well have a good day, have fun, babe, Christine, Good.
Speaker 22: Morning, morning, morning.
Speaker 13: How are you all.
Speaker 3: We're good, Christine. So why were they calling out your name?
Speaker 19: A few years ago, a few friends, our couple of friends and I went up to Queensland, took kids up for a holiday. We've got a babysitter one night and the three girls went to Jupiter's casino that has a big night out. Without the children, we.
Speaker 3: Could be an ocean to eleven, so as you do.
Speaker 19: We were all playing on separate machines and two of us were together in one, so went off wandering. We thought she'd just gone off to play a new machine, and about five minutes later we thought Mandy and I thought we'd heard our names called over the pa and we just ignored it. And so no, that's ridiculous, you know why with anybody.
Speaker 22: Calling out for us?
Speaker 19: And then so we kept playing and then we heard our names again, so we thought, oh, better go and check what's going on. Turned to said girlfriend had fainted while she was going to get another drink. She just fainted, passed out on the floor.
Speaker 3: As well.
Speaker 5: Someone just face. She's not getting any sympathy on a girls.
Speaker 19: So they'd taken into the first aid room and they were waiting for us to you know, turn up and thinking, oh, well, okay. So we had to sit in there for about half an hour until I decided that she was okay. And that was the end of the big night out. I think we were out for an hour an hour.
Speaker 3: This happened within the first hour. How hard did you go on in that hour? Though?
Speaker 19: Sorry?
Speaker 16: How well?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How hard had you gone the first hour?
Speaker 19: She had? She hadn't even she'd had one drink. I think it was. I think it was the combination of the day out with the cute and at.
Speaker 3: This we're not running that first day place. We get it, Okay, they'd seen it all before it jup casino, you know, Christine, Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: She called Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, I think you should have phone in about what was left behind after that great story about the lady being left behind by a husband at Bunning. So I've got a crack of a story. See if I can find it for you. How are you going to do that when rummer's around your head later on today? K a look my frontal lobe. Let's know if you find it. And I did the phone in. K oh wait, okay, on your command. So next Thursday, this radio show me, Chack and Patsy will be live from one of your homes. We're also bringing suda Eco to play live. So thanks to Ian s you also get sixty thousand dollars kitchen makeup thanks to Ians, get the e and s sixtieth birthday Feeling. Deadline was midlight last night because we do need to start me a decision about where we're going to be so we can get the old engineer nurse to go and stop plugging things in. All right, So earlier we heard this one from Angela, which we do like, don't you take.
Speaker 23: Me to any dam? Hey, this is what the boys are going to play? Got the chandeliers rockster, It's all rockster here, Chris, come on, man, bring the crew down.
Speaker 9: Here we go. We just lost our fish recently. You know we're still in morning, but I know maybe you guys can cheer us up, yes us and say you later.
Speaker 3: So your wigo funky tell bring it here, Chris. We love Angelo. Let's go to Kylie Harris, who is chrazed?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 25: Christian? Are you listening? Hello Christian?
Speaker 2: Are you listen?
Speaker 25: My kitchen is pink?
Speaker 7: Are you listen?
Speaker 25: I can't I you listen? No dishwasher? Please help me Christian to say mirror or pseudo Eicho. I'm sure they'll love it. I have a double garage with a disco in it. Please come pseudo echo and play for me and my friends. Bye?
Speaker 5: Was it still a song? At the end, she stops singing. She wasn't even committed to it.
Speaker 3: Quick question, who has a double garage? There's a disco Tomorrow's phone in? Does anyone have a home disco? Have you ever heard of that? A home disco? Anyone who's got an actual will you disco that much? You have a dedicated my mother. They might have a little yoga room or maybe a home gym in the garage, but an actual disco. We can just move on into the nightclub as the nightway. When people come around, they must be nervous that they're going to go. Let's talk of moving it to the nightclub. Why could they have anything buck clenching the awful of a cup of drinks? Hey, they can tell the nightclub where's that? Where's that? Uber? It's only got myself, all right, that's gonna maybe pete Mount Martha.
Speaker 5: It's feature of Mount Martha here.
Speaker 26: Yeah, we'd love to invite you guys and see our work out down to day to do the show at our place on the beautiful wine pressure.
Speaker 3: Now we've also got a couple of super excited teenagers, isn't that right?
Speaker 10: Kate?
Speaker 18: Sure?
Speaker 3: Could you cook up some American brands for the team.
Speaker 26: Sure if you're needing textapalt way down, Brad's your man.
Speaker 7: Sure see super excited.
Speaker 26: As for special skills too, We've got that cabin cake and cook up a store in the kitchen. And you can also play in the clarinet. Brad would love to catch at spider for Patsy. Otherwise he can dismantle computer live on radio.
Speaker 3: How many great offers there? You had? Me a clarinet? I know about you, guys. I'd love a clarinet at six am when the show starts.
Speaker 5: Huge red flag on the clarinet. My youngest brother learned the clarinet and that was the most painful.
Speaker 3: Thing I never heard of clarinet.
Speaker 5: Because anytime you hit a wrong note on a clarinet, it goes really high pitched.
Speaker 3: Also, what about that teenager who can dismountle computers? I all the gear we need to bring the show like to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast on.
Speaker 3: Today's time Way starting God one o four point three. Dinny and us know that this month is national dairy month. Oh my, try and get some kind of enthusiasm. Guys, Come on, we checked out, have we.
Speaker 4: I've got some uncles who've got dairy farms and lots of caps.
Speaker 3: That's what you I'd rather be hanging try, they say, Then you'll love this fact. The World Cheese Stretching Championships have just crowned then new winner Heavy in France. The world's best cheesemakers shelve their skills using a allegon taking out the trophy this year stretching to six point one meters. Oh stringy, geez, we're looking for your dairy songs. Dairy songs. These are the stinking it isn't a nice cheese dairy songs? You know what the cows they have to listen to in their barns. That's little move is it moves like Jagger?
Speaker 5: Silver's as good as it's gonna get cow?
Speaker 3: Would I know? No, Gold, you've got a friend in me, Your got your guts are friend in me.
Speaker 5: Silver.
Speaker 3: I won't greet them your own personal cheesus. Silver plus, I bet that you look gooda on the dance floor. Thank you and sorry seems to be the hardest cud cud is how they get the cheese. The cud you know, sorry, seems to be the heart this CRD words. Oh yeah, it's soft ending from me, Jackie boy, What have you got dairy songs?
Speaker 5: Hey? Hey, we're the milkies. People say we milky around.
Speaker 3: Silver, he's trying generous.
Speaker 5: Everybody girts gold, that's cold.
Speaker 3: Every funny girts that's good. All right, any more dairy songs.
Speaker 5: I'm like a curd Nollie potato.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, that's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Silver video you cut the radio star.
Speaker 3: Gold finish, What don't you do? Good? All right? What have you got there? We're looking for your dairy songs. Brighter.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your dairy songs. Jack Bow Shore Tomorrow, Let's do it GOODA vibrations Silver plus hoof Loose, hoof Loose, Gold, who let the cows out, Move, Move Move, Silver cut, Adrian fetter Man, Hell, Jam fetter Man, Gold Kerry well done. Another day in Paradise, Another day in Paradise.
Speaker 5: Gold.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that's from Phil Collins. I just realized that's obviously the artist's name. Phil fly Me to the Moon Gold. He made me laugh at him. He keep breaking Havati Silver, Jenny under Pressure Silver, working class Cow Bronze. You just put cow in there out of the name. What about this one, same person Hotel cauliflower and they mean coliflower cheese bronze. Don't even give it. When I think about you, I milk myself. That's just a line for myself. Song Gold from Nancy taking care of Brenus, taking care of Breedes.
Speaker 5: Silver.
Speaker 3: Under the Bridge, Gold, Robbie Williams Butterman Gold kind even no fetter the devil you know silver fall at your teet.
Speaker 5: Gold.
Speaker 3: That's very good, Mike, well done. I want to break freezing Bronze, cheddar the devil you know, similar bronze. What did the cow say.
Speaker 10: Say to you?
Speaker 3: Remember that one? Why do we go so big on that history will just as badly.
Speaker 5: And as a society.
Speaker 3: I like your milk and milk it silver, Johnny b gooda Silver, pass milk me baby one more time. Silver, I gooda known better. Gold, got so many cheesy hits, Cheddarby Holmes gold, some eleven year old elliot, and it won you at school every day. You're consistently good on this. What time does school start alliot, baby, you can drive my Carbonara silver the weather with moo, Take the weather with moo. Silver, don't cream it's over gold all right? Who is winning the Robbie Williams ticketsis Adam fly me to the Moo?
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: David Lee Roth California goes Patsy jack just goes to me. We listened to toy Real Beast Boys vibe to it. Yeah, you reckon. It's one of those songs and that's when you know it's time for the end of the show. It's no wonder. Jackie Boy is very, very excited about after the day's show. I got an email yesterday. He sent an email to the producers of me saying that there's a magician coming mate. A magician's trying to pitch him to come on the show and do manchic on the radio, and then he's just around in the office to do magic tricks at nine. Excited there's been He's been pushing the sky heavily off air for the last hour about magic Mike U's coming.
Speaker 5: I'm very annoyed actually that you have an interviewed go to.
Speaker 3: You haven't really I'm just lying around the corner having a sandwich until Magic Man's gone with this pack of flipping cards. People they're trying to work, so advertise. Is this your car?
Speaker 5: You'll like it, You'll charm.
Speaker 3: You all right tomorrow on the show. Three tips to get on air, Jack, I'm joking, little face all right tomorrow on the show. After earlier we were debating which music instrument sounds worse, the clarinet or the violin, said this time on the show, call in and play an awful instrument over the phone. I want to hear recorders, violins, clarinets the worst. It sounds cool up tomorrow, six to nine whenever, whenever suits you. Six or nine. That number is an open call for awful instruments.
Speaker 5: So less skill your kids have.
Speaker 3: Ones for the kids.
Speaker 5: Patty is your daughter?
Speaker 3: Can you book her in tomorrow down the phone?
Speaker 2: Yes, I shall.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast