Speaker 1: For it's something I've spoken to you about a little bit, and it's honestly taken over my life. In the last couple of weeks is that Lola has started. So Lola's four years old now almost it's a birthday in a couple of weeks time she comes.
Speaker 2: Around quick, Oh, it's crazy, I just had a birthday.
Speaker 1: Came I thought I literally just gave birth to it. How is she for? She's she just started a new daycare and it shouldn't be a big deal. I know that sometimes transitioning to a new daycare can be a bit tricky and kids take a little while to adjust, but she she's been going to her old daycare for almost three and a half years, and I think we completely underestimated just how hard this transition was going to be. And it's been three weeks now and it doesn't feel like it is getting any easier. What I mean by that is is we're at the stage now that when I drop her off before work in the morning or I pick her up after work, she's screaming, crying, she is holding onto the car seat, and it's really it escalates when she's at home, so she can kind of sometimes be okay. When I get her into the daycare, it's the crying Mummy, please don't send me back to school the next day, and waking up in the nighttime begging to not go to school. And I actually do not know how to manage this transition.
Speaker 2: I know that you know the daycare, but there's got to be a part of you that's like, why don't you want to go to school? Like has she spoken about it?
Speaker 1: Like no, I don't want to catastrophize. It's nothing to do with the daycare, Like the daycare is great. It's just to do with it being new and being unfamiliar, and you know, it's scary being in a new place and having to process making all new friends, and Mummy's not here, and there's just been so much change for her, Like Dad's not home because he's in the jungle. His sister has just started at vacation care school. They used to go together, and so now she's just had all this change happen at the one time, and I just don't I almost think it's been too much for her in one go. And I want to talk about this because I know that we're coming up to school drop offs, and like school starting back, and so many parents who either have kids who are in kindergarten or parents who have gone through this period of trying to get their children ready for preschool or whatever. And there is nothing more heartbreaking than dropping your kid off somewhere and having them crying for you. And you've got to hold it together. You've got it because you've got to be the strong one who's trying to show them everything's okay. And you do it as a mum. You hold it all together, and then you get in the car and you cry in the car because you can't cry in front of them. But it's almost this impossible situation where I'm like, well, I have to go to work. I don't have a choice about that. Yeah, but I also don't want to be leaving my child to be crying at daycare by yourself because you just feel like you're doing such a terrible job. And I guess the question is you know that it's normal for kids not to love change, and it takes them a little minute to assimilate into their new environment. But then on the other hand, we're always told that kids are really malleable and they accept change pretty well pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: So the question that you have to ask yourself. I guess is like, how long do you wait of the crying before you say, you know what, she's not going to a and I take her back to the old daycare.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the big question, right, I'm like, is this just resilience building? Is this something that we should just suck it up and she will eventually get over it and be okay because we know the school is a fantastic school, Or do you care even go okay, We'll go back to the old daycare because you were just so happy and it was so easy when you were there. I don't know. I genuinely don't have the answers, and I don't know whether a three almost four year old needs this type of resilience building. I almost think it's too much for them.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not. I also don't know, But we do have this amazing woman, Michelle Mitchell. She's a parent and expert, she's a friend of the show. We've spoken to her before. I think we get her on next week and actually ask, because this is a really big decision that you need to make in the next week or two. And I think it's great that we can get some advice from Michelle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also for any other parents who are going through the same thing. It's truly heartbreaking. It's a really hard time to know whether you're doing the right thing by your kid. The last thing we want to do is be causing permanent damage.
Speaker 2: Well, we're thinking of Lola this week. Anyway, I'm glad you get Monday off with it.