Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Protucay Kaiden has a question of supermarket etiquette for us.
Speaker 1: All I'm wondering, do you think it's okay to eat while you shop?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: Why I walk around the supermarket? Is that what you mean? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, like while you're walking around doing your groceries and grabbing stuff, you get a box of something and you just open it willy nilly and start eating it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll go and give myself a treat of a chocolate bar sometimes eat it while and then pay for the wrapper at the No.
Speaker 2: No, no, I judge people that do that as savages. I think if you've got a small child and there've been a little bit of pesky, then sure give them a snack.
Speaker 3: Okay, if your child summer in all of this cranky and doesn't.
Speaker 2: Want to do grown up, surely you can wait five or ten minutes. You don't need that stuff in your face in the supermar That's.
Speaker 1: Exactly what I said. So yesterday I was walking around the shop, so I was in a rush. It was about one o'clock and there was this woman who was doing a full grocery show in.
Speaker 2: The middle of coals, making a sandwich, taking into a roast chicken, just a hand that rocher bag. So what happened? What did you see? What was she doing?
Speaker 1: She was eating an ice cream like.
Speaker 3: Had opened it up. I like that. It's the beginning of the end, as long as the end, as long as you have the wrapper at the end and you still Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: It depends what you have. Like I've had a punnet of those grape tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Before tomatoes, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: And it drives me through the eye.
Speaker 2: Whoa some cherry tom It's.
Speaker 4: Just absolutely famished, And I think I'll just have some grapes, like a.
Speaker 2: Punnet of tomatoes, some watery old vegs, beautiful PEPs.
Speaker 4: What's worse is people who stand at the fruit and veg I'll where the nuts and you know, the dried nuts and stuff are, and just help themselves or the grapes and just stand there.
Speaker 2: And just like where I live, there's no one helping themselves to nuts. I mean, who is what do you mean helping themselves up? Just put a hand and get some.
Speaker 5: Gob fools standing there, No, you're.
Speaker 2: Not balker kids at the factory tune nuts as well.
Speaker 3: How long will it take to eat nuts.
Speaker 2: You need a gallon of water, don't you. Oh my god, these walnuts are so damn dry.
Speaker 3: I wasn't standing there like a chipmunk with cheese.
Speaker 2: Just go get some at milk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's worse. But an ice cream kitl and that's just that's bizarre.
Speaker 2: Injured and chopping in some tomatoes?
Speaker 5: City is I pay for it? When I go through the things?
Speaker 2: What do you hand them? Just an empty an empty pannet of tomatoes. I've eating these human don't judge me. Don't judge me on this coast to chucking intose romas over there. This gasts.
Speaker 5: My thought is you're an adult.
Speaker 1: You can wait like it's going to take you twenty thirty minutes at most to finish the shop.
Speaker 2: No one's that long in the they're not. You're under ten minutes. Aren't you even that?
Speaker 1: But you're an adult.
Speaker 3: Just wait.
Speaker 1: You can eat your ice cream when you get home, in the privacy of your home.
Speaker 2: You don't eat well.
Speaker 5: Maybe she had low blood sugar, Okatelyn.
Speaker 2: And an old sugar milk ice cream.
Speaker 5: She's diabetic and needed like a quick sugar.
Speaker 2: We're no doctors. I don't think the cure for diabetes is ice lollies. You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast eating while shopping at the supermarket? Yes? Or no, Karen Christian, No, unless you're under five years of age, it is feral Christian. I used to work at a supermarket. Legally. Yes, you can eat while shopping, as long as you pay for it when you leave. The worst bit is most people forget to do it. That's till we're Craig and Seaford.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, forget. Yeah, just slip my mind.
Speaker 2: All those tomatoes. Morning Team can go one better about eating in the supermarket. Sorry, young boy about three or four years of age, helping himself at the dry fruit nuts area. He's putting the chocolate coated nut in his mouth, sucking the chocolate off, and then, oh my god, that's obviously Patsy's local one handstag out west fix.
Speaker 3: Me, and then Patsy comes along and eats the nothing.
Speaker 5: So all I said was a pannet of tomatoes.
Speaker 3: You also mentioned grapes that people are snacking grapes. Have you has bought grapes recently in the bags?
Speaker 2: I can't afford it.
Speaker 4: I'm one of those that gets the bag, but then I dump like three quarters in another bag, so I've left less, left with like a small little bunch of grapes because they're too expensive.
Speaker 2: We killed that grape chat with that. I've got no idea what you just talking about. Do you understand what Patsy was saying?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, when you buy the grapes, they're coming in a bag, and there's a massive bag, and it's like fifty bucks if you paid for the whole bag. So I take something out and dumped and m.
Speaker 2: Fifty for a bag, and Crates buy two bottles of wine for that cut the middle man out.
Speaker 5: Something comes in packaging now, which annoys.
Speaker 3: So you put some of your graves in another person's bag and then walk out with four of them.
Speaker 5: They're all nice.
Speaker 2: Your supermarket, they're all on the shelf.
Speaker 4: So I dumped them in the other bags, waiting for other people to pick them up and take them home. So not in other people's trolleys. This dump, this conversation, it just makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Christian. If I'm back at a Ibay packer tim Tams and Woodies, I'm having one for the remaining hours. It's hard enough to trudge around those eyes without a little treat to keep me going. Christian, I work at coals. The things you see half eaten chippies, chocolates, unmentionables, people getting into them and then dumping the midshop on the floor. Again, this is a common word. Absolutely ferals. Feral has been said three times last twenty minutes. Christian, I'm with your producer Kalim. I can't understand those people in whereby stop pudding nuts for the winter.
Speaker 4: Everywhere Chris worked in supermarkets. It happened all across Melbourne. People would help themselves.
Speaker 2: That predominantly the West, though, I reckon, no, not predominantly the Christian with Cain and I saw someone et cold cut that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 2: The whole family had a twiggy as they walked through woolwards. Then they touch items with their twiggy hands. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast