Speaker 1: Some celebrity news you like that, gus.
Speaker 2: So, for the past few months, we've all been following that Nancy Guthrie case over in the US.
Speaker 3: Now the missing mom of the Today Show host Rod.
Speaker 2: Yes So to recap in case you've never heard anything about this. So Savannah Guthrie is the Today Show host over in the US, but on a much even grander scale than our Today Show here, Like it's a big deal, and there's a lot of attention on Savannah. I guess, which maybe why they picked her mum. We don't know why they picked her mum. But basically, these people, we still don't know who they are, went into her eighty four year old mother's house and abducted her mother, who has never been seen again. No remains have been found. They just don't know what happened to her. They found a glove at one point, they found like footage from her ring cam which shows like a guy in a mask, which we can only assume is the guy that took her. But aside from that, it's kind of been dead end after dead end. The other thing with this case that made it a little bit hard is there were ransom notes being sent to all these different publications like TMZ was the main one, but a lot of the ransom notes were fake, so these other people tried to jump on board and tried to get money and fake ransom notes, so it's just a mess. There were all these videos online from Savannah pleading with these people to return her mother, who's also got health issues as well, so she's like, if we don't get her back, she doesn't have a medication, she won't survive. The latest is now a ransom note investigators believe is actually credible, says that her mother died accidentally in this kidnapping plot. So apparently they took her mother, she died maybe from these health related issues, and in this ransom note, they apologized for her death.
Speaker 4: Oh we're sorry.
Speaker 2: Basically, scumbag takes an eighty four year old woman.
Speaker 1: And the elderly are so defenseless.
Speaker 2: And then also they said although we're sorry we killed her, they said we still want money for her remains.
Speaker 1: They asked for Yeah. Wow, so they asked for a price.
Speaker 2: And obviously I don't know what's happened beyond that, but it's just it's an awful story, Like imagine living your whole life and then at eighty four years old.
Speaker 1: This is the way you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a story recently and it might be in front of courts, so I'll be careful looking at our sensor. You remember there was a man.
Speaker 1: That mistaken identity that you're talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about. It that they sound they sound that he'd been like a golf club or something. You have to say legend. Yeah, that's that's the thing. Maybe they'd plan to kidnap her and try and get a ransom, and obviously she's passed away and awful, right like absolutely horrible, and not knowing there would still be Samantha Guthrie would still be holding out hope that her mum's alive. Of course, you know what I mean. Even with that letter, perhaps that's put it.
Speaker 3: To rasking money for remains. It's got to be like the sickest thing I've ever heard. You just you a murderer, and then you think you should be rewarded.
Speaker 4: The lowest of the lower.
Speaker 2: But also for so Vanagar three, I feel as if you'll never quite have closure.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's what I'm saying. You'd still kind of think.
Speaker 2: And then how yeah, maybe she's not dead, like you almost need to pay.
Speaker 1: Not stop saying she should.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you get the remain just be like, okay, now I can just accept what happened, even though it's horrible.
Speaker 1: It's the only way you can move on when you know for sure.
Speaker 4: You know, in Australia we're doing Missing Persons Week or whatever it is every year. And the thing I've seen people interview when loved ones have gone missing is the fact that you never have closure, like you were saying that, or you never quite know, you know, you still think. There's like mothers and their teenage daughter went missing, and thirty years later they're like, is she still out there? Where is she?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: HAPs and crazier things have happened, by the way, where they are.
Speaker 3: Still you'd just be walking around all day long like everyone you see, you'd be like them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But it's similar here with like William Tyrrel and all those ones who were never found. Yeah, because they keep reopening the case, they've got new evidence.
Speaker 1: We see it on the news and they'll be like, oh, like, it's just it's really hard. It got something to lift us up, dude. This one's quite funny. I think so t pain, you know, how good is song song? Are you a drank?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love this song? Bartender or tipsy? I'm in love with the stripper.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're naming songs that aren't in our library.
Speaker 2: Oh by your drank would be in there. You is a you the letter bye you were drank?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Well wow, okay, I'm embarrassed for you.
Speaker 2: So anyway, why I'm talking about him is because he was calling out door Dash on Twitter yesterday.
Speaker 1: Because this is what happened is so silly.
Speaker 2: So whoever runs the door Dash Twitter account was giving updates on the World Cup. Now there's a new Zealand soccer player named Tim Pains. They mistook Tea Pain's account for Tim Pain's account, so they just kept tagging him, going, te Pain, you gave everything out there tonight. We saw it, and te Pain retweeted it, going, I literally don't play soccer. They posted another one and he's like, who do you think you're tagging?
Speaker 1: They posted another one. He's like, stop tagging me in all these posts. So obviously like.
Speaker 2: An intern or someone just kept going and kept going, and yeah, he's just kept retweeting him.
Speaker 1: So very funny