Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian o'connall show podcast showtime.
Speaker 3: It's right in my wheelhouse because I love all those period styles.
Speaker 4: Horny, Honey, Honey.
Speaker 2: The Christian Noconnall Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, it's Monday morning, seven minutes past six. Good morning, Patrina Jones.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Chick, Good morning, Chack, Hey, Patsy, how are you, Christian?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Actually, how nice weekend? Very nice? We again, do you guys have a nice weekends?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it wasn't it.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm not walking around the streets obviously too much, but nice seeing the sun coming in through the windows.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, nice weekend. All right, on today's show. Then, we've got a lot of stuff. Busy show today. We are locked and loaded. We've got on thousand dollars to give to one of you. They're gonna win in fifteen seconds. Go bump audition, very big bump audition today of Monday Morning. Smith's and lyrics. There's some great ones in there, some strange ones as well. And before that, before that, I don't begin the show with anger, but we have microphones, so I will masks. Can we talk about the masks, and I know everyone keeps corn them Karens. I think that's unfair to actual Karens. Probably innocent, they haven't. It's not Karens. They're just idiots. They're not Karens. Karens is going to be a phrase at the end of twenty twenty. Probably have to update the OED Dictionary next year. Flatten the curve abing there and so all Karens as well. And this clip which has been going all over the internet of the last twenty four hours all over the world about the lady in Sultan and poor very very patient people at Bunnings. They are more patient people than I. I would have told someone like that to f off immediately, and that's why I shouldn't be working at Bunnings. Seriously, I don't know how what I mean, did you behave that well?
Speaker 1: I mean they did, they showed so much restrain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, played to that is going above and beyond. But if you've missed it, just have listened to this. So this is just this is just represented off of sadly, quite a few people over the weekend who don't think they should be wearing masks either. They just don't think they should be wearing masks and the rest of us should be, or they've gone into some sort of qan on chat site online they believe it's a giant mega conspiracy theory. But either way, they don't think that they should behave like the rest of us, and they all the reason why we're all doing this is for what's called the greater good. It's a little little inconvenience to us individually, but for the greater good. So we don't have to go into some like Stage four lockdown, or we don't have to stay indoors wearing masks around the Christmas Turkey this year. We're all on board with that, okay, but not this person, not this genius. She's been online, she's printed something off to read to them.
Speaker 7: I'm just asking if you've got a mask.
Speaker 8: Well, it's clear I don't, and you are not authorized to ask me or question me about it. Sure, I actually don't need a medical certificate if you refer to the d No, I'm allowed to do this, and you're discriminating against and we're all just.
Speaker 2: Trying to be in this together and together.
Speaker 8: I actually don't and you're not authorized by the Australian government, even question me about it, then that's discrimination, and I can have you sued personally for discriminating against me as a woman.
Speaker 4: No, it's just because you're an idiot. Nothing to do with your gender whatsoever. It's because you're an idiot. I mean, can you believe this? I know these people just they must have fact that I hope they didn't get that all day And this is just a very very rare instance.
Speaker 1: It feels like a select few.
Speaker 6: It actually feels like I doubt she was actually needing anything from Bunny.
Speaker 1: It feels like.
Speaker 4: Trying to make trying to make the point. And it also I got the finish. She was so excited, like the self righteous. They have this kind of excitement where they somehow have knowledge we don't and we're all some kind of idiots being you know, led by the nose by the government and five G big business. She's almost breathless, like she's been rehearsing it in front of the mirror.
Speaker 8: Idything breach of the nineteen forty eight What Charter of Human Rights to discriminate against men and women in.
Speaker 4: Bunnings nineteen forty eight, before Bunnings came Where's my sausage? Human Right? Corba Bille sat down to get your rights about a snack and better wander into Bunning swearing whatever you want.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not going to stop filming because this is my evidence against you.
Speaker 4: You are, with this evidence, what court case? Take it a court, Please have a day in court so we can go. But she know only to be able to represent herself with a whatever Q and on internet forum printed off but gibberish she's got. Now do under present some more evidence here that I've printed off from a forum as well. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not going to stop filming because this is my evidence against you, you and Bunny for discriminating against me as a woman.
Speaker 4: You are, you totally are.
Speaker 8: If you take out your phone and look out the Department of Human Services and have a look at the conditions. I'm wearing a mask. I don't even have to have this conversation with you because you're not authorized by the Australian governments even me.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's unbelievable. In the video, she also says that Bunnings is a public place so that when we can come out of lockdown, let's all meet a Bunnings, all right, have a picnic because it's a public place. And let's just say with anywhere like Kmar, there's others not me now riding my bike through Kmar, definitely.
Speaker 1: Throw the frisbee around and let the dog pool on the floor.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize like McDonald's are going to go and pitch my tent in there as well. These are all public places now, everybody.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcasts a fellow dog or owner, Jack, do you find that your dog does this?
Speaker 4: You're out for a walk wherever you are in the park or you're down the beach. They see that bin where you would normally put your dog poop right right, and you kind of think, now's a good time to go. I'm about two feet away from that bin if I pick up your poop. Then they walk on and suddenly you're in that equal distance between two very distant poobins, aren't you, And you think in your mind, I hope you don't do it now, because I'm right in the middle, and they're between that poobin all the way down there and the poo bin all the way back down there. That's where they always go for the dump.
Speaker 1: Is it a telepathic they can tell that you're thinking, you can't do it here, don't do it here?
Speaker 4: Never convenience is it? This is yesterday? And how many times have you been doing the poop? And it's always when we're right in the middle between the two vastly apart poobins. It does my head. And I don't know why they I can't try to put some mind control over my DoD They I think they instinctively know now's the worst time, because then you've got to walk for the rest of your ten or fifteen minute walk to the next bin carrying a poo bag.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you you have that feeling about you that you want to tell passers by. It's like I am going, I'm not leaving it. I am going to the bin and I will return.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Over the weekend, quite a few people pass away. Peter Green, who was original original founding member of Fluid Matt passed Toway as well, and an amazing guitarist, and I've got some amazing example of his work to play out on today's show. Somebody else also passed away, with someone who I met in the UK years ago. I think he came over to do his TV show and he was doing some promotional stuff was Regis Philbin, legendary host TV host in America, did Millionaire Hot Seat as well over there, and he came on my radio show. And I always judge people not what they're like when the mics are on. If they're on a live show, you can tell a lot about what they're like, especially the big stars when the mic'sre Often. He couldn't have been more fun to hang out with, right He was just asking. He was the whole team. He wants to know who is married, who had kids, what their story was. We were the show was quiet. He came in for half an hour. He ended up staying an hour and a half. When he had to go the show suddenly we all felt quite depressed. It was like he'd taken the energy in the sun with him. He was a lovely, charming, very You know some people just they're not their age. They're kind of daring game with the modern world. And in his cynical way, he was one of those. He was very, very funny as well. Anyway that he was the original presenter of the American version of Millionaire Hot Seat, which came from a UK idea that used to be on a radio show Chris Tarrant was a big legendary radio host in the UK and I was in the same building as Chris Tarrant. He was on the number one station at the time. I'm not making this up. I was on the number fourteen, the fourteenth biggest break twenty eight twenty eight breakfast shows in London. I'm not joking. Twenty eight breakfast shows in London. Right Town was at number one. He was at number one for fifteen years. No one ever got near here. But he used to do his feature called the Cash Mountain. Where as you went up the Cash Mountain, you would the questions would get harder, but the price the money would get bigger and bigger. Sure, his two producers leave the radio show and they think maybe there's some sort of thing in this cash Mountain. They picture it to a TV guy. This TV guy thinks this is going to be the next big thing. Let's give away a million on it. And that's how Who Wants to Be a Millionaire came out on a radio feature. Anyway, I was working that building. Once it got on TV, it became the biggest TV show in Britain. At one point, nineteen million people a night were watching it. Wow, So the first TV show. They've never done this anywhere they were where they stripped the show over five nights. It never been done before. Now it's done here, it's done in America. But it was the first show to actually rip it out and go we're going to have this on every single night. And it was huge. They sold all over the world. They saw it for mega, mega millions. Anyway, my building the moment that came on TV and it got sold around the world. We had to all sign new contracts where any ideas you came up with whilst you're on air for that radio group they owned, because guess what, they didn't own any of it. They lost literally billions. I mean the guy won the guys who was a former breakfast shop producer lives in a castle now in the south of France. That's so much money they made. They made so much money. But anyway, there were lovely guys and one of them I went from a meeting with a couple of years ago and he played me this clip of Regis. I said, oh, we had Regis on the show last week. He went, oh, out of all the hosts, you know, Chris Town obviously the original one, when it transferred to TV as well. For Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Millionaire Hot Seats, we came here Regis we always thought was the greatest host because of this one clip. Have you listened to this? This is an incredible bit of audio. It's about a minute and a half, but the payoff at the end is amazing. It's one of the greatest TV game show moments ever. Haven't listened to this?
Speaker 7: Well, let me just bring you up to dat here.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 7: If you miss, you'll be reduced.
Speaker 9: By four hundred and sixty eight thousand dollars. You'll go back down to thirty two thousand dollars here. It is a one billion dollar question. We rarely see these here. Only one of the contestants that ever won five hundred thousand on our show.
Speaker 7: So if you're ready, let's go for the million.
Speaker 9: Which of these US presidents appeared on the television series Laughing? Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford.
Speaker 10: I like to call my parent, so right now, sure, use my lifeline.
Speaker 7: Call my parents. What are their names?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 7: My father, I'll talk to my father.
Speaker 2: Name he does have a name.
Speaker 9: Tom Our friends at at and T will get your dad on the line and we'll see if he can help you.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello, Tom, Yeah, Hi.
Speaker 9: Regis Philbert here from Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
Speaker 6: Ali.
Speaker 7: We've got your son John with us right now.
Speaker 9: He's doing pretty well good. He's one of a half million dollars. Wow.
Speaker 7: And he's going for a million dollars.
Speaker 9: And he needs your help to get there. He's going to come on the line, read a question, four possible answers.
Speaker 7: One of them is the right answer, and the next voice you hear will be John's John. You've got thirty seconds starts right now.
Speaker 10: Hi, Dad, and I really need your help. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to win a million dollars.
Speaker 4: That's some boys to do that, isn't it? Just to bring your dad to let you learn about two min and million dollars on TV?
Speaker 10: Because the US President appeared On'm laughing as Richard Nixon.
Speaker 4: That's my final answer.
Speaker 9: Well, my gosh, what can I say except Debbie, you're going to Paris. So this is the final answer I heard all around the world.
Speaker 4: He's won a million dollars. That's a pretty cool man on TV? Is it to use it to call your dad to say you've brought it.
Speaker 2: Christians. Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: One of the Snack Genius recipes we tested of yours on Friday, Caroline Palsy is enjoying right now, Jim. Other two we tested.
Speaker 1: One was hopefully it's not that it Twisti's in the apple.
Speaker 4: No, it's the corn flakes and ice cream with the topping. Do you have for Friday? Christian, I want to thank you snack Genius for the rest. You gave me a great idea. I'm struggling to get the Monday morning get back to work vibe today. So I've just torn through half of it ice cream and corn flakes. I've topped it with caramel topping. It is the bomb. I now feel a lot better about going to work today. See he's working. This is snack Genius. I mean normally we have in our minds I think that you do this on a Friday or Saturday night, and I never really thought the time. It might be something you do on a Monday morning. But whatever it takes you to get you through the week, howd Anyway, thank you very much for that. If you've got any ideas or recipe ideas for this Friday snack genius. You can email them to me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. Coming out to the next two weeks. Then every single day the great news is you get to try and win one thousand dollars with this Let's play Christian O'Connell's tim Cave power Tower. Last night Australian Ninja Warrior was back on Channel nine, So on again tonight at seven thirty and you can win one thousand dollars right now. See if you've got the power. Givember the great game scategories great game to play, that's all basically doing. Over the next two weeks. You get fifteen seconds on the clock. More questions you get right if you beat the other person, whoever gets the most in fifteen seconds, will we give you this category you win one thousand dollars. Fifteen seconds to try and win one thousand dollars. Patsy, you okay, do give us a be our guinea pig this morning. Yes, okay, okay, You're going to get fifteen seconds. Jack. You see how Patsy does.
Speaker 1: I'll score.
Speaker 4: Let's see if Patsy's got the power. Patsy I'm going to give you clothing worn by cowboys fifteen seconds starts.
Speaker 3: Now, stirrups a hat, cowboys shirt, maybe a Sway jacket, jeans, blue jeans.
Speaker 5: Maybe like a driver bond coat, along coat.
Speaker 4: Pretty good, smashed it, smashed it. You did really well. Okay, we don't know if that is good. Jack. We're now going to give you a category. Uh can I give that? There we go? Oh, you love this? You love playing Wingsman types.
Speaker 6: Of buds, pro Eagle, duck, swan hawk doing well? Uh, pinch parrot.
Speaker 4: Seven Madden. You've been beaten by Jack. You've got it. He's got the power. So Jack get would have won the one thousand dollars The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Christian O'Connell Show one thousand dollars every single show over the next two weeks with this John Kiston's ready, unlock your minds, allow your thoughts to flow free. Remember you have the power. Let's play Christian O'Connell's Tin Cave Power Tower. By the way, can you unblock your mind? Big bulls are voiceover guy. They're asking us to unblock our minds. I'm sure if you could unblock your minds, all right, one thousand dollars. We're playing scategories. We give you a category. You get fifteen seconds on the clock. Two callers today. Whoever gets the most of fifty seconds wins the one thousand dollars. All right, on first this morning. Then we say good morning too. It's the name of twenty twenty Karen. Good morning.
Speaker 12: Oh no, good morning, poor thing.
Speaker 4: Right, you've done nothing wrong. Nine Karen's are just decent, good people like you, Karen. And now suddenly it's it's a derogatory term, isn't it a Karen?
Speaker 12: Even my mum's apologized. So yeah, I've decided to change my name just the case. It's going to be the letter case. I thought that's just easy, because.
Speaker 4: No, we need to reclaim the K word. Okay, double down on Karen's, Karen's and Karen. Yes, I understand that you you also work at Bunnings.
Speaker 12: I do, and I actually work at that store too.
Speaker 4: Do you mind me asking which one it was?
Speaker 12: Because obviously there were so many Marry one Fountain Gates. So yes, I really.
Speaker 4: Hope that you and your staff. That is a very very very rare incidence at the moment.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it is, And we don't. We don't usually get things like that, but I mean it was it was pretty hard. I've been on holidays. So I woke up to a friend from Brunswick Center to me saying, I hope you don't have to put up with horrible people like this, And I said, that's my store. And I just took one look at Dan on there and went, oh, thank goodness they were there, because they are just so calm and so you know, so good of what they did.
Speaker 4: So you recognize it because you recognize Dan the manager.
Speaker 12: Yes, Dan Man, he was the first one I saw.
Speaker 4: And fair play. I don't know if that's the way they train you all, but I couldn't do that. I'd have been a lot ruder, instantly rude of someone speaking to me in my face like that.
Speaker 12: But and that's why I'm at the back.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's why I being a cage exactly.
Speaker 12: They would not want they do.
Speaker 4: Well. Good luck to you and your staff. You're just trying to do your job, you know, and we're wearing masters. Stay safe, So please bark someone to down the man we were. He's a hero. Is one of the heroes of twenty twenty.
Speaker 12: Is down that, Like I tell you that, yes, and he just kept it so calm and sided, I mean even Trish as well, like they were all just the girl, is that, the girl with him, the girl with him with Amy, I mean, and then the first lady who was the first one to approach it was Trish.
Speaker 4: Trish Amy Dan. We've got We've got them now the Legends. Today's show is dedicated to that powerful threesome Avengers assemble. Absolutely, it's just so calm acount all right, Karen, Karen, we really want you, after all this now, to try and try and get the biggest score. Okay, you're ready for your category.
Speaker 12: I am to go for it, all right.
Speaker 4: As soon as I've given you the categories, your time will begin. You get fifteen seconds to get as many as you can in this category. Okay, all right? Your one, Caaren, then is fifteen seconds on breakfast foods.
Speaker 12: Porridge, toast, crago parts, fruit loops, cornflake wheat, big vibrants and flat avocado on toasts, bltspe nice coffees, bacon, eggs, pash, brown stoppages, tomatoes.
Speaker 4: Are you a cafe right now? Venue?
Speaker 1: All right, it's either it's either ten or twelve. I don't know if we count the coffees, I do.
Speaker 8: Have coffee for breakfast most days.
Speaker 4: But yes, all right, okay, let's look in cans. Let's see how Michelle's on the like and one A Michelle, good morning. Okay, so you've heard all of that. I mean, she did very well.
Speaker 11: I know. I'm nervous now.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, take a breath. You've done well to get through. You must have played this game before. It's great fun to play.
Speaker 11: I've got three kids, so yeah, we play board games often in our hands.
Speaker 4: Well, there'd be a tougher crowd than coming on the radio and doing it. All right, okay, so same thing. Then, I'm going to give you a category. You get fifteen seconds, okay enough, Chip flavors, Chip flavors.
Speaker 11: Oh, chip flavors, salt and vinegar, salt, honey, soy, chicken, oh DM me, barbecue, veggy mind Oh, I don't know, chicken, mustard, honey mustard. Oh dear.
Speaker 4: It's hard, very hard, tough luck. But that means having the power this morning, reclaiming the K word. Karen. You got the power, Karen.
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Karen stride back with a thousand dollars win Okay, you've got the money.
Speaker 1: Well done, Karen, Ah, thank you so much.
Speaker 12: So you are an absolute legend.
Speaker 2: Love your show.
Speaker 12: Always listeners when I can, even when I'm not at work like today.
Speaker 4: All right, Karen, good luck cocaine? Do you thank Dan Amy? I will gotcha.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, will absolutely.
Speaker 4: Join your thousand dollars. Well done, Thank you, n No worries.
Speaker 12: See how that.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So coming up to the next hour on the show. Then Monday's Misheard Lyrics, which is a big one today. There's some great ones in there and some real I'm not sure about that moment. So that's come up in an hour's time. I can't really describe what's ahead of us at half seven, but Jack is smiling. I've told you about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, let's use the same teas you used to me last night. You've got the story of the year.
Speaker 4: I think I think it just is. It's just it. I played it. I kept playing the news clip yesterday to the kids and we were all laughing, and I said, you know what, this is another reason why we made the right move moving. They do stuff like this. This is just brilliant. I think it might be one of the best small, petty ways to get over a breakup where someone the world has ever seen before that though we like to on a Monday, we'd like to pick a song that sums up the weekend. We've had to Patsy, what's the song that sums up your weekend?
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of breakups, boys, it's very tense out in Weerraby at the moment because last week I bought online my very first adult onesie and don't laugh, jack Ward.
Speaker 1: I would have done that.
Speaker 4: I mean, what year was it that they peaked?
Speaker 1: Not their shere did they ever peek?
Speaker 4: No that you like? Actually them and cross.
Speaker 5: Cross if you're wearing both together, lookout.
Speaker 4: What moved you? I mean to buy a ones Well.
Speaker 5: You know what I thought in isolation.
Speaker 3: We're hibernating a lot at home right now, aren't we, And you're not really leaving the house, so I thought.
Speaker 5: I saw it and I thought you were so have standards anyway.
Speaker 3: It's analys in Wonderland themed when I was quite proud of it. Audrey's got a matching one.
Speaker 1: So what does that mean you dressed like Alisair?
Speaker 3: It's got pictures pictures of Alan the Mad Hatter, yes, all the gang on it.
Speaker 5: It's quite cute. Anyway. I came out, I was quite proud of it, and I showed the love God. And you know what he said.
Speaker 3: I looked like, he goes, you look like a telly tubby.
Speaker 4: Wow, Tubbys. That's not exactly a compliment, is it.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: It is not.
Speaker 4: I mean he's foolish anyway. So did you say that you and your daughter have got them?
Speaker 5: Yes, we've got matching onesies?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with that? I didn't say anything, did I don't judge? I didn't. I didn't. I didn't. I just said, okay, just trying to imagine the picture at home. So did she also put hers on? Then you watch something together and you watch the Golden Ailes together.
Speaker 5: The Golden Girls, But we watched all us in Wonderland together?
Speaker 4: In them?
Speaker 1: Do you have to zip each other up?
Speaker 3: No, they're buttons, Jack, But they're very difficult. I forgot how difficult they are when you go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's not just that. After about twenty minutes half an hour of them, don't you start to stink? Because you're basically just walking around in a sleeping bag. There's sort of thing a boxer puts on, or a UC fighter cut weight. I mean, it's just like you're actually just walking around in an odd boot. Is that you're going to build up a bit of sweat there and no, then you zip them down to a little bit of steam.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I've been hacked again. Remember the other week right, I was talking to you, and then suddenly I disappeared, but my wife materialized on the phone call. Kind of spooky, you know, I mean, and just I don't know what was happening. I think it's to do with bluetooth. She was in the car outside the house.
Speaker 6: That one I think is she pulled up at your house close enough for the bluetooth to hook into the car, and all of a sudden you were midcenter and they heard us. And then I started talking to Sarah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagine if we were, you know, planning my escape. My escape. I'm very happy there. Anyway's happened again over the weekend. Seriously, I was leaving someone a voice message on WhatsApp, right, which I love doing. It's easier than typing out a text message and I don't have to find a reading glasses, so I was leaving a message, and then about two hours later the person ran me back and went, I only got the first couple of seconds. Then your wife appeared on the message. She's now appearing on my voicemails, not just that. I was leaving a message saying no to the craziest job offer, one of the craziest job offers I've ever had, other than one about moving out here. So I was saying no. So I actually say the guy, look, I'm not sure. And then he's taught me into maybe doing it next year. So only my wife is now. I think she's deliberately hacky my message because she wants me to earn more money. So I was saying no, but now I said maybe, because hey, do we have listened to this. I can't even work out what she's organizing thanks to your message and.
Speaker 5: Hie telling I'm outside waiting.
Speaker 1: HI doing.
Speaker 4: What they got. It's a mystery. What have they got? I think she's talking to one of the kids. I don't even know where she was out. She wasn't outside the house this time reading her powers. That was just a dry rehearsal. Now she's she's further away. She wasn't outside the house. My wife is everywhere. I can't even have brighter conversations or voicemails.
Speaker 1: In a moment, the radio show is going to cut and Sarah's voice broadcast.
Speaker 4: That would be her dream scenario.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack Post, what's the song that sums up your weekend?
Speaker 6: It can only be described using you two's hit. I still haven't found what I'm looking for?
Speaker 4: What haven't you found? And what were you looking for?
Speaker 1: I'm capsule?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, Jack.
Speaker 4: All right, remind everyone what you told us about Friday.
Speaker 6: My family are selling their my childhood home. I spent the first twenty years on the murdocks.
Speaker 4: They're selling my family of states. Oh, daddy, daddy, how could are you?
Speaker 6: They're just downsizing Mom and daddy all the years on the vineyard. Daddy, no kids in the house anymore. They don't need the extra rooms. They're downsizing. The house is being sold. When I was ten years old, I buried a time capsule in the backyard for future civilizations to witness what it was like for a ten year old boy in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: And let's just remind yourself sort of what was the time capsule?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't remember exactly what I put in there. It was either a Milo tin or talking to my mum over the weekend, she thought it might be like a plastic honey pot that we cleaned out, because she thought plastic might survive better.
Speaker 1: Than their Milo tin.
Speaker 6: I've got a photo of me in there. That's really the thing I remember. I don't remember what other treasures I put in.
Speaker 4: We need to find this time capsule.
Speaker 6: So I did the right thing, what wore my mask, told my family to keep inside, just went around the back went into the backyard over the weekend and started digging so.
Speaker 4: Hard work that, by the way, I forgot how large gym fake. You're a very fait guy, right, You've got your personal trainer and stuff like that, But digging.
Speaker 6: There's something else about doing like the obliques, and it's exhaust It's horrible doing real labor. You're suddenly exposed. And so I went to back bed with the saw back of backup.
Speaker 4: Doesn't it?
Speaker 6: I dig the first hole where I the problem was. I knew straight away that I was in trouble because I looked at the backyard.
Speaker 1: Even if I knew.
Speaker 6: Within a square meter, digging a hole that big is huge, and there is probably three or four square meters at least where I go, Well, it could be anywhere in.
Speaker 4: This vis So because we don't actually was about to say out loud, we don't work for living technically, that is true. I mean you can never call this work right. But when you dig right, you go down. Is that all? It's just going to move out? And what these are gonna have to do? Right, gyms? They should get rid of a load of the dumbbales and just have like a patch of earth. I go dig that for half an hour, you'll lose way more way.
Speaker 6: Especially ground that hasn't been disturbed for solid forty years. And there's roots in there because I buried it under a tree. So there's two trees in the backyard. I can't remember which one it was buried under. And then I've got a three sixty circumference around each tree that I have to dig around.
Speaker 4: So how long we were out there digging yesterday?
Speaker 6: So I did two hours yesterday before before I threw the shovel in.
Speaker 4: And now this must look lovely now for the new owners. Actually it looks like a serial killer just checking. He left none of them bones behind.
Speaker 6: Seriously, honestly, what I ended up with was two human sized holes.
Speaker 4: Oh that Perhapsy's dog has come around her.
Speaker 6: So I didn't end up putting the dirt back in, because oh no, I'll go back sometime.
Speaker 1: In the next week.
Speaker 6: I'll go back for round two and keep digging because I'm now I'm desperate to find the But I just left holes back there. The other thing is, Mum said, just be aware. Your rabbits when you were kids are buried back there.
Speaker 5: So oh my, if.
Speaker 6: You come across bones, if you come across bones, that's the rabbits that your dad had to bury.
Speaker 4: When you know it is the same with a mirror seven years bad luck. If you disturb the bones of a rabbit, rabbits traditionally.
Speaker 1: Particular rabbit, particularly a rabbit.
Speaker 4: Rabbit rabbits like a lucky rabbits and all that. They're in folk lore for going about centuries, it's worse than a mirror. If you disturb the broken bones of a rabbit.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I don't want to curse myself.
Speaker 1: You know all about that.
Speaker 5: You need a metal detector. Get a metal detector.
Speaker 1: But the problem I.
Speaker 4: Reckon there's an easier way than that. Because even though it's metal detectors, right, if they were those guys that all be like they'd be digging out and finding treasure. If you have seen them, they're just like in a farmer's field, getting nowhere other than going through dog poo that someone's put coins in the middle of.
Speaker 6: And then the thing is, if I've got it in the plastic honeypot, it's not the Miloa team anymore.
Speaker 4: What you need, Patty, you back me up on this. What he needs is a clair voint, right, psych Yeah, yes, they find missing kids. Some of these people, the FBI use them. They will take a look at it and go no, no, no, no, no no. Grid it up like ABC and then down the other axes. I think it's the only time I ever said axis since down the other axes go one, two, three, and then they go.
Speaker 5: Be nigh, yep, you're looking in this area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I just sketched or I need a photo of a photo.
Speaker 4: They need that and a picture of you at the age you buried it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I don't have an aerial shot of my backyard.
Speaker 4: Maybe have to draw it them. But if there are any clare voints or mediums listen to show right now. Please call me. You knew I was going to ask this question. You're already dining out the numbers now, and maybe this morning I was going to ask this question.
Speaker 5: Maybe she can find your bitcoin while she's at it.
Speaker 4: That would be great.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people are they don't handle a breakup very well. They could do all kinds of crazy stuff. And then sometimes there's petty ways you hear, and then there's the new support. I saw yesterday and I played with my kids and I went, this is why I moved here. People like this? Do this? What an amazing country? Have a listen to this.
Speaker 13: Accan's mother has been forced to block dozens of calls after her ex partner allegedly took her phone number and plasted on polls here around the CBD telling people to call up and impersonate schw Baker for a chance to win one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: This would be the most childish breakup I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Why all he had to do was be mature and go, I don't love you anymore.
Speaker 12: I want to move on.
Speaker 5: The calls have been waking her and her three young children.
Speaker 13: Up at odd hours in the evening and they yet to stop.
Speaker 2: I won five hundred fat.
Speaker 4: So much going on that it's just incredible. I mean, on the news report there it actually showed a telegraph pole with this black and white photo clearly off Chewbacca, and then those little tear strips you get for Spanish lessons or guitar tutor instead. This was the number two win a hundred bucks right now the way we're going the world. Hundred bucks is a good win called up to a Chewbacca impression. It's and the impressions, I have to be honest, impressions are actually pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, very good.
Speaker 4: It's very hard to do a Chewbaccer impression. Can you do what?
Speaker 1: I don't even want to try, honestly.
Speaker 4: Now you're still recovering from a deviated septem so that otherwise yeah, yes, perhts, but you can do it.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like it. It's in the throat, isn't It's kind of.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 4: It was actually back if it was a lady going through the change.
Speaker 5: You know, it's very hard to do.
Speaker 4: Please, I'd actually give you one hundred dollars right now if you did that again. Please try really Chewbacca, you Jewbacca and producing those mouths. I'm not that's not even it.
Speaker 1: Over the end of that is good, Well you can't.
Speaker 4: That's not impressions. When it ends, it's great. All right. So look, this is the weather world right now. People want to try and win one hundred dollars by doing Tobacca impressions. Who are we to get in the way. This radio station has has got no more money for this year. They've allocated what they're going to give us this year. So this is coming from myself. I'm happy, gladly happy to give someone one hundred dollars of my own money for a great It's gotta be a great one, not a half decent one. I mean a really great Chewbacca impression. Okay, and anythink that's better than what Patsy and I just did the Christian o'connells show podcast news yesterday.
Speaker 13: Accan's mother has been forced to block dozens of calls after her ex partner allegedly took her phone number and plasted on poles here around the CBD telling people to call up and impersonate chew Baka for a chance to win one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: This would be the most childish breakup I've ever heard.
Speaker 12: Yep, Like all we had to do was be mature and go I don't love you anymore. I want to move on.
Speaker 13: The calls have been waking her and her three young children up at odd hours in the evening and they're yet to stop.
Speaker 4: That's a great impression. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I won five hundred.
Speaker 4: Pat Ah, Okay, what a country, Australia, What a country. That's how you handle a breakup, you know, is by plastering your his phone numb all over town asked him to call up to win one hundred dollars doing a Chewbacca impression. It's amazing. Uh so, Patsy just tried to win one hundred dollars. I'm putting another one hundred dollars on this now, seeing if we can actually get a decent Chewbacco impression out of people. Patsy did this.
Speaker 5: I set the bar low.
Speaker 4: Now you said it, Hi, this is the actual one. Sounds that what Patsy was doing. All right, are we ready to hear chewbaccas? All right, let's go to the lines. Let's go to Daniel. Good morning, I'm good buddy, I'm excited. You're first up. Let's hear there.
Speaker 11: All right, I'll let it.
Speaker 4: Well then, do you know what? It's not that bad.
Speaker 1: There's some redeeming qualities.
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 5: It's crossed with Imus Simpson.
Speaker 1: Can you give us more time?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Daniel, I got it. I'll tell you what it is. It's a very melancholic Chewbacca. It starts chebaccan this like he's having a long dark night of the soul.
Speaker 1: It starts with blowing bubbles sound effect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then the the whining is actually good.
Speaker 4: It's crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a B plus.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is. Yeah, that's pretty good. Daniel. Wait it's down the line. Okay, alright, thanks Buddy, Graham a worst man.
Speaker 14: No need for a hello business.
Speaker 4: Oh that is amazing, Graham once more, nice dry grain. Thanks Connor. Mate. Have a good day, Adam morning. Now are we all we're good? Adham? Have you had nice weekend? And chewbaccra away. That's on the money, really good, yes, very very good. At dam Ski I like it a lot. Stay there at him. Let's got a word. Josh, Hey you guys what Adam?
Speaker 2: You're right, Josh that Josh, yeah, min how he's all going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we're good, Josh. Nice weekend. Let's here at Chebacca. Very good again, good, brilliant Josh and Adam in the lead at the moment. Very good, Josh boy, thank you all right mate, Timothy? Yeah, here go app good off you go, tim very good as well. It's good.
Speaker 1: I think he's still Adam and Josh and the front runners for me.
Speaker 4: Let's get can we get back producers? Can we get back up? Put Adam on like one, but Josh online too. Let's have a chewy off.
Speaker 1: This every Monday.
Speaker 4: Chew off. It's a momic Monday figures. This is what we need right now the COVID world. Granddad, how do you handle on your radio show Lockdown? We did a chewi off? All right, Chebaca Adam? All right, let's go to sure yeah Tobacca. Josh. It's good, isn't it? Can I just get Adam to back around him once more? All right? All right, Adam, you're the one. You can take my one hundred dollars. It's yours hell.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Every Monday, we do your misheard lyrics. We do it in two parts. At first, we have Big John, it's kind of of the misheard lyrics, and then we do all the ones. It's a huge one this week. There's some brilliant ones in here and as always somewhere, I'm not sure what you think you're hearing. It's just another mishardman Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics. All right. Then last week on the Misheard Lyrics, there were two Hall of Famous, very well deserving Hall of famers as well. There was this one, I'm a Paol haul Ace by the police. It's still like that. And then my favorite, one of my favorite ones of the year so far, Prince from most Beautiful gun in the world instead of and feel proud in the light of this power and feel proud that bin Ladin was found. Still good? All right, those are two Hall of Famers. I see how we get on this week? Okay, so the top five from Big John this week. All of these the Misheard lyrics are family related, not that that means they're to do with families. Abba, Waterloo, what first, Waterloo? Know my fate is to be with you? Waterloo, Know my fate is to be with you? Or is it Waterloo? Knowing my babies could be with you, knowing my babies could be with you. James Brown living in America. Everybody eat your heart out? Or is it family related? Auntie Barbara, eat your heart out, Auntie Barbara, eat your heart out. It's the way it says Annie Barb. Yeah, that's very good. Now we go to Leonard Skinnerd's Sweet Home Obama. My mom Gomery's got the answer. My Mommy's got the answer.
Speaker 12: Or is it?
Speaker 4: Come on, pop, don't let it stop there, sir. This is quite stretch, isn't it. Isn't it? I mean it's faint. Let me just turn up as we stay in the game the gain he played again, Come on, pop, don't let it stop there, sir? Okay, dog whist? Isn't it is in there? Though? Now we got to Billie Idol White wedding. Hey, little sister, what's your vice or wish? Or is it? Hey, little sister? What's your bison bison wish? Yeah? No, one more time you hear a bison pats?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely hear it, sister.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's right. Actually, Handel's sister, what's your bison wish? Yeah, bison's in there. David Bowie a moment track Uncle Arthur. Are you familiar with this song with the Great David Bommy Uncle Arthur. Uncle Arthur likes his mommy.
Speaker 1: Likes mummy.
Speaker 4: You can already hear him miss Herd, can't you? Uncle Arthur wipes his mummyla likes his mummy, like mummy. Uncle Arthur wipes his money from David Bowie likes mummy. Yeah, that's in there, all right? Coming down next then Part two, All the ones you've been sending in over the last seven days on Mondays big miss Herd lyrics only here on the Chris O'Connell's Show on Gold Christian Christian O'Connell Christian o'connells Show Podcast, Part two Now for Monday's misheard lyrics.
Speaker 5: It's just another miss heard Monday.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics. All right. Part two is the ones you've been sending you over the last seven days. First of all, we go to Josh Perry Christian. My mom and I listen to the show every morning using the iHeartRadio app. We're from stool out in Western Victoria. Thank you very much, sir, Josh. They've got this bon Jovi, No apologies, no, no, apologies or is it no a pile of cheese no, Crystal Clear? No, a pile of cheese?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: Which is that for bon Jovi, Josh Perry and Mama Perry? Thank you very much, very good. Kristin McClain's got this one, Lizzo, good as hell. I do my hair, toss, check.
Speaker 5: My nails, do my hair doars check?
Speaker 4: Or is it I take my hair down, check for knits, A do my hair arms check my no, no, no, no, that is a big miss swinging a miss this morning, A big one black Christ green Day. Brad's got this one, brad garb it green Day? Jaded? Somebody keep my balance? I think I'm falling off? Or is it somebody take my pants? I think they're falling off? Yeah, probably it's just about in there only thrashy guitars. Somebody take my pants off and then they're falling off. Yeah, that's in the brad garbet ting tings. That's not my name, that's not my name.
Speaker 5: That's not my name. That's not my name, or is it?
Speaker 4: Don't suck my knee.
Speaker 5: That's not my name.
Speaker 4: That's not my name, that's not my name.
Speaker 1: Are you guys hearing that it's a complaint again.
Speaker 4: I want to be in there one hundred percent. Don't suck my knee.
Speaker 5: That's not my name.
Speaker 7: That's not my name.
Speaker 5: That's not my name. That's not my name.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Really, wow, I'm doing to suck my knee. You're in ony, Patsy, You're definitely percent. Don't suck my knee.
Speaker 5: That's not my name, that's not my name, that's not my name.
Speaker 4: That's a great world, World, Gracie, thank you very much. This comes from and this one Christian. My kids used to have a teacher at primary school. They were terrified off called missus Connor's and they thought in the song by Instant Karma by John Lennon, it was Missus Connor's gonna get you. Blessed their kids being so terrified of missus Connor, they start hearing her in songs. I'm hearing missus Connor is gonna get you, Missus Connor's gonna get you, not Instant Karma's gonna get you. Missus Connor's gonna get you. That's a great one. And Hall of Favor and your poor kids, the traumatized kids, Missus Connor is gonna get you. Very good. This next one comes from Claire Listener, Rich's youngest daughter. You think she can hear Britney spears toxic baby? Can't you see I'm calling? Or is it? Baby? Can't you see I'm Colin? I'm Colin the Oh this is great baby. Can't you see I'm callin? Yeah? That's great as well, very very good. I'm still you're still not hearing. Don't sut my knee.
Speaker 5: There's not my name. There's not my name.
Speaker 1: There's not my name, it's over my head.
Speaker 5: Oh, what happens since your nose?
Speaker 12: Job?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 1: Not a job?
Speaker 4: All right? Then send us yours this week as you hear them coming along, email us for next week's Monday's Misheard Lewis, thank you very much for the emails you send every week for this. Every day I get emails coming in for this. They're great. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU, thank.
Speaker 2: You the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: So today's time waste. It's a kind of a show from us to solidarity really for the kind of frontline workers at Bunnings. It was horrible to see the encounters, and not just at Bunnings car parks and all over really and these are a minority incidents, but obviously they get they go everywhere. So we must just remind ourselves not all of us are behaving like this, but anyway, to some people behaving at this, it's unacceptable. And there's the other people who believe that it's a conspiracy theory. You know what, you wish you could almost round up some of these people who actually believe it's a conspiracy theory. Go down and speak to the people who've actually lost loved ones. And every day we're all looking to see what the numbers are while they're up or down, and there are deaths. There have been deaths over the next couple of days. There may well be today that have happened over These are real families who've lost someone. This is not a conspiracy theory. They should just go down and spend a week in emergency ward with no mask. If that you're so convinced this is a conspiracy theory. So today's time waste. We're doing Bunnings movies. I was pleased to hear earlier this morning we had a phone call from Karen. I don't mean Karen, Karen, Karen genuinely someone called Karen Karen's aizes people by the way they've become shorthand now for idiots, Karen's are not idiots. There are people behaving like idiots. They're not called Karen. Karen called in and she was just trying to win a thousand dollars ear this morning at ten to seven, and she told us we're just happened to be chatt chatting to one about how she's got the name of the moment, how she works at that Bunnings that everybody is talking about with the woman this woman here who's quoting the nineteen forty eight Charter of Idiots.
Speaker 8: Anything breach of the nineteen forty eight Charter of Human Rights to discriminate against men and women.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we had Karen. It works out that Bunning's on earlier.
Speaker 12: I've been on holidays. So I woke up to a friend from Brunswick Center to me saying, I hope you don't have to put up with horrible people like this, said that's my store. And I just took one look at Dan on.
Speaker 4: There and went on, so you recognize it, because recognized Dan the manager.
Speaker 12: Yes, he was the first one I saw in that time.
Speaker 4: Fair play. I don't know if that's the way they train you all. But I couldn't do that. I'd have been a lot ruder or instantly rude of someone speaking to me in my face like that.
Speaker 12: But question, that's why I let it back.
Speaker 4: Yes, so she did say that it's very rare. They don't get a lot of this, knock her. But it was Dan the man. You've seen the video, Amy and Trish. Okay, So thank you very much. All the patients she's showing at the moment. All right, today's time waste to them. Bunnings, We've got your back. It's Bunnings Movies. Rest easy, sleep well, Buddings. We've got your back on the show. Bunnings Movies. How are yours? Jack?
Speaker 1: They're okay?
Speaker 4: Mine too? Uh? Ten things I hate about locktight glue.
Speaker 1: Not familiar with lucktyle.
Speaker 4: All right, well, let me tell you it's on the Bunnings website. Twenty grams is on a special dial at the moment, silver okay forrest clamp and the claim in particular is the Irwin nine hundred and fifteen millimeters heavy grip. Trade's yeah right now, sits all over Melbourne game. He's talking about the nine to fifteen double meal, heavy grip forest crow.
Speaker 1: We're using that today.
Speaker 4: We talk about sleep well, trade and sleep well. We've got you Silver plus, Thank you American Plywood Silver good drill hunting.
Speaker 1: That's a gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What about saving Rivet Ryan?
Speaker 1: That's a goal? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Boys in the wood Silver, Boys in the Wood. I forgot the isle with boys in the wood Isle Silver plus. Dude, where's my snag?
Speaker 6: Good one topical because they're not doing the sassage sizzle at the moment.
Speaker 4: Gold zing screwdriving miss Daisy. Screwdriving Miss Daisy using a Philips.
Speaker 1: You just made an emotion of stabbing her in the hand, was tightening.
Speaker 4: Up across threadd screw actually trades again, bronzh No, come on, should have not do where it's my snack?
Speaker 13: Jack?
Speaker 4: What have you got?
Speaker 6: Bunnings Movies, The Curious Case of Benjamin Bunnings Functional Silver, The Sealants of the Lambs Silver. Stop those drafts coming in under the prison walls. Edward Sizzle hands for the sausage Sizzle.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, Silver getting hot under the collar.
Speaker 4: He's actually using up his jump bo there, Jack.
Speaker 1: This is a two parter. Part one is terrible, but I need it.
Speaker 6: To get into part two. Gotcha, okay, Star Wars the mesh Wire strikes back.
Speaker 4: That's a terrible bit. What's the good bit?
Speaker 1: Obviously featuring my favorite Jedi Ryobi one Kenobi.
Speaker 4: The brand of tools, right, friend?
Speaker 1: Tradings are clapping if you're listen carefull, you.
Speaker 4: No, I just hear locus and crickets and a bell ringing in the distance.
Speaker 2: Crickets a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We've just had an instance where sometimes I wonder if we actually let you know, or kept the mics up during the show and said, hey, listen, it's your choice. Now listen to the song or listen to sometimes the terrible things that are said whilst the songs.
Speaker 2: Are on air?
Speaker 4: Which show do you think we be more popular? I fear sometimes that the alter ego show, the three of us would be either it'd be career ending or all career making. I'm not sure some of this, but Patsy has just told us a story. We're obviously talking like everyone is, about what's gone on at Bunnings and all this, and Patsy told us a story about toys r us. I'm not going to do it on air.
Speaker 1: I don't which had really nothing to do with the Bunning story.
Speaker 4: As always, she steers it down somewhere else. It's got nothing to do with them, the people at Bunnings and the post office who are getting all this kind of abuse by nut jobs, she said, tell us a story about kids, you to do poos toys are us.
Speaker 3: It's got everything to do with how badly retail workers cop it. And I think what this COVID thing has done is made us appreciate what awesome people they are.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, Karen's aren't now going to start pooing it down the island? Is that what toys as that? To follow? You go there, buy your woody toys. Suddenly there's someone who's doctor Douice down there and there on the floor and aren't getting out of it already? Online? Is that what it was? I don't know what to do with this information my head. Now I'm going to drive home today, very confused. Pats. Generally, that's what we were talk.
Speaker 1: About during this She also used the word constantly constantly. Children was constantly weekly weekly.
Speaker 4: L time for the on Friday poop AnyWho back to the show Bunnings Movies. That's where I was actually staring at peace Bell I didn't even know what was doing. Then, all right, Bunnings Movies. That's today's time waste. Let's having it, all right, Bunning's Movies Cool, Bunnings Silver, Thank you, Mike, Dude, where's my paint? Bronz, Thank you, Samouth, Sweet Home Alabama, Sweet Hammer Alabama. Oh sorry, oh dear Silver Plus. All right, Sorry, Tony, I ruined your joke there. Men you stare at Undercoat.
Speaker 1: Gold.
Speaker 4: That's very good Libby and he spent the snack Dog Millionaire. But Ashley Dallas Pliers Club Silver, that's Danny note Hammers in the Attic, don't know the movie Branz Sally Alice in Lumberland Gold Caine, well done, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen at Bummings, Tonya, I'm not sure about that one. Plumber and Plumber Gold, Silic Coneheads, Silic Coneheads, pla Another Day Silver, black Hawk down Down in the colin Lavaton, well done, Boshes Gold Plus. That's smart. Pete in Abbotsford, well done, Dawn of the Shed Silver, Kevin in Pasco Belle, uh Bill and Ted's Bunnings Adventure Bronze Crouching Sausage Hidden onion. Come on, that's a great David in East Moorevin. That's very good. Masking the Furious silver, that's topical, very good. Marianne Trady and the clamp instead of Lady in the tramp Oh gold, that's very good. Andy, well done. Clean up in Aisle sixth sense silver along cane poly filler gold, plus You've got now, You've got now gold. Three men and a Bunning's baby sounds like a headline. The Herald some bronze, close encounters in the third aisle silver, the hand that rocks, the trestle table silver, Willie Wonker and the Sprocket Factory gold. That's very good. Drew will end it there. Let's have a chewy off is the title of today's show. We are back tomorrow morning when you wake up. We'll also have three to wek Tuesday and another chance for you to pick up one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast