Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast. But you, Siria has a question that he's actually framed us. He believes he's in the right.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want you, guys, to settle an argument, and by that I mean I want you to agree with me.
Speaker 1: But I'll give you I'll give you the facts.
Speaker 2: Yep. This feels like every conversation with my wife. I'm interested in your opinion as long as this agrees with me.
Speaker 4: There's only one right end.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly exactly, So last Sunday, not the Sunday just passed. Sunday before that, my mate Jacob sends a text to the group chat guys, it's my birthday coming up, So next Saturday, let's go for beers. Great, no worries. Pop it in my calendar. This Saturday rolls around as in like two days ago. I'm sitting at home, I'm watching the games. Phone starts blowing up. Oh with Rio, no show Jacob's birthday. I go back to the text. He said next Saturday. To me, that means not this Saturday coming up, the next Saturday.
Speaker 4: No, you're wrong, I agree. I always use next Saturday as one Saturday in.
Speaker 2: Between you're adding more words, So it's not next Saturday.
Speaker 3: You know, otherwise that's this that's Saturday, that's just Saturday. That's just the normal Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's crystal clearly, I think you're strangely wrong. If it's the next Saturday, it's the next one, Cory, very next one. No, the english here is specific. It's the next Saturday, two weeks time. The language the two words together. There for a reason, next Saturday.
Speaker 4: Saturday is short for not this Saturday.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 4: Say everybody knows what this Sunday, next Saturday.
Speaker 2: Because if you want two weeks.
Speaker 4: Time, that's Saturday week. If you wanted to use English for this Saturday, just say this Saturday.
Speaker 2: Are either's acceptable because it's the next available Saturday. This one, because you again you're adding ext words in there. You you're next few words next Saturday.
Speaker 1: No, it's just Saturday.
Speaker 2: If I said, right, the next break, when is that two breaks time?
Speaker 4: Hell, this only applies for a.
Speaker 2: Special rule that semantics always have to be applied. So when's the next break in your ration? Now it's in two breaks time?
Speaker 4: It doesn't work.
Speaker 2: So the next hour? When is that two hours time?
Speaker 3: Next hour is not this hour? Because we're in this hour next hour.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like you it's in two hours time. That's just this our Okay, what's the next month?
Speaker 1: Next month is not this month, it's the month after.
Speaker 2: So what is that September time?
Speaker 1: Let's not get into it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't work for anything other than days of the week. But I agree with Rio, thank, no way, Perhaps.
Speaker 2: What do we split here? No? I agree totally with Christian absolutely.
Speaker 1: Next is.
Speaker 2: We're going to skip the next one and go the next next.
Speaker 4: Week because there's a full proof word for the coming Saturday, and that's this Saturday Sday.
Speaker 2: So who else was there?
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone else?
Speaker 2: You were the only one, so everyone else understood next Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yes, But I think they just put two and two together because it was birthday next Saturday.
Speaker 4: If you have an idiot friend whose birthday is maybe they decided like, oh, it's a probably idiot friend. He's going to not know next Saturday, real next Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, Otherwise just say Saturday, Yeah, which Saturday?
Speaker 1: Saturday?
Speaker 2: If it's just the next Saturday. If you say, you've got some leaky logic, if.
Speaker 4: You say I'm having drinks on Saturday, there's no confusion that that's coming Saturday.
Speaker 1: I'll be their Saturday.
Speaker 2: No worry. What about the next available Saturday? When would that be next Saturday?
Speaker 1: Next available Saturday? Yes, that's this Saturday.
Speaker 2: Ye, yeah, there you go. So he went next to take away available and you've just got next Saturday.
Speaker 4: But you've taken away a very important word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we put but remaining two really important ones the next Saturday. Let's go to producer Kaitlin. What do you think next Saturday? When would we be meeting?
Speaker 1: I'm with you and Pats the following Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd be Saturday. No, you don't even know me.
Speaker 1: Can we take your for a year? Agree with those.
Speaker 2: Two you just said two weeks time. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Lots of people are all weighing in on this. Still now on the text, christ and I hope you don't have a road trip coming up with Jack anytime soon. If you ask Jack to take the next excip he's ignoring the next one, taking you to the next one after that.
Speaker 4: It depends how you say it, because if I say, am I getting off here?
Speaker 2: You go know that the next if it's all road road road road road, Christian I'm one hundred percent with Rio and Jack. This Saturday is the next Saturday, and next Saturday is the Saturday after this Saturday. Clear as mud Danny, none of that makes any sense. Christian think we're all missing a big point here. Rio should just go up both Saturdays. The avoidance of doubt. Christian, I would clarify about the date. There's no need to. If it's a Sunday and it's next Saturday, is this Saturday? Next Saturday means this Saturday. Stop saying keep texting it to me. It's like a mantra. Say it ten times, see what happens. The word this and next refers to the week. So this Saturday is the Saturday of this week. Agreed. Next Saturday is a Saturday belonging to next week.
Speaker 4: That's a good Yes, this is a great from Lauren.
Speaker 2: If on a Sunday you say next Saturday, you're referring to Saturday next week, which also happens in the circumstances to be the upcoming Saturday. Because Christian right, the week begins Monday.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's why it makes Sunday so confusing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, or not? I were to say or not? The Christian Connell Show podcast,