Speaker 1: Now you are listening to Kiss out there, you most definitely would have heard one of the most beautiful songs we've added to the playlist in a long time.
Speaker 2: It's Antidote.
Speaker 3: Put it on repeat.
Speaker 1: It's so good. It's Guy Sebastian. It is the beautiful Sam Fisher. This song is everything the world needs right now, and they're here to tell us all about it.
Speaker 2: Hello boys, Hello, ah, gods, Hey guys.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome to the pickup. Now this song Antidote, it is beautiful. But let's not skim over the fact that this is a love song.
Speaker 2: It's a very gay song. It's a beautiful love song.
Speaker 3: Where did it come from? Between two beautiful men sharing it the heart?
Speaker 4: We've become a boy band.
Speaker 2: Yes, guy, you don't saund excited? Adall you say that with sadness in your voice.
Speaker 4: No, I love it. We've got a name and everything we've been trying to think of it Fisher.
Speaker 5: And gay cal Fishing, hook line and singer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is really it's incredible.
Speaker 5: Waiting for the sound effect.
Speaker 4: That's the inaugural album title.
Speaker 1: I can see the merch too, Like T shirts will sell, you can get dolls made.
Speaker 5: It's me it's me fishing and guy like in the water.
Speaker 4: You get it.
Speaker 2: I think you guys have been spending too much time together that.
Speaker 4: I think never enough.
Speaker 6: We know what we said in the session, We were like, when's the last time.
Speaker 4: Two dudes did a and especially like it is very much a love song.
Speaker 6: We actually wrote it as an open theme, but for us it's like a love song to music, so if and you'll probably listen to it differently now when you hear certain lyrics like it started by just firstly, it was it was a last line of a wedding speech my drama got married and he said you're the antidote to all my problems and then started crying. And we were like, my god, what a beautiful thing to say to another human being. And then I had this little idea sketched out for a chorus. Sam came in the next day.
Speaker 5: I got really lucky. To be fair, guy had the concept, you had the title, He had beautiful chords, some melodies, and I just kind of came at the end.
Speaker 4: You know, not how.
Speaker 6: He comes in and just like makes it cool and and spits out lyrics like you know you can get them some starmlen to dancing, okay, just things like that. But you know, we firstly just talked as most songwriting sessions, just hours of like yeah, it's a bit therapy, like but we're just but but I said to Sam, dude, I was listening to this city for about a year and a half before it blew up. And I asked him why that was, and then Sam shared, you know, all about how he was at rock bottom and you know, you guys have chatted about this with Sam before.
Speaker 2: Well, Sam, I remember we were hanging out with you. Laura and I were at dinner with you.
Speaker 4: Where's this going.
Speaker 1: It's like, you can't trust me. I'm not going to turn this into anything sexual.
Speaker 2: Don't worry not you.
Speaker 1: And you played us this song on your phone like months ago, like it would have been October last year. You're like, look at this incredible song and you played it to us and we were like, oh my god, it needs a lot of work.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Laura and I both said back to the studio, Sam, that did.
Speaker 3: Not happen, and we were there, Well, actually you won't there, Midge, but for your for your Sam, for your album launch, and guy, you made a special appearance that night. The song is amazing. How is like, what's the reception been to it? What is it like getting up and performing it together and now being especially you coming across Sam doing it at Idle, Like, how has it all been.
Speaker 5: It's a bit, it's been incredible, amazing, Like the support has been unreal, Like I mean guy was telling me, and like, you know, we've basically just been it's been a love fest over here.
Speaker 4: We've been gassing each other.
Speaker 6: Hang, which is awesome because in all seriousness like you do as well, like promo tours and going and doing this, it's stressful and the like. Yeah, so like actually having someone to hang and bounce off and do interviews with.
Speaker 5: You also just never know, like when you do a collab, you just you know, you want the other artists you're collabbing with to love it and be as invested and passionate about the success of the song, yeah as the other and sometimes that's not the case. And this has just fell. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did a thing with two Chains.
Speaker 6: I've done all these different collabs where they're just like, here, it's just playing my feet. I don't care, and they'll never they'll never like be invested in the song lesson.
Speaker 2: Now you guys on pay parody, shut.
Speaker 5: Paro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as in worn't like were musicians who again no other words, in.
Speaker 2: Other words, a big salary of zero.
Speaker 4: Well, Laura nations of nothing.
Speaker 1: The reason I asked you know Laura and I went bucking the trend. Laura is a woman who gets paid way more than I do. And I've been begging for pay parody in the history and they're like, no, question him down.
Speaker 3: I say, no, you're a man and you don't deserve more. And I don't stand that's it's a lime it.
Speaker 2: Laura's Laura's been through a lot more than you, Mitch, excuse you. I had that ingrown from I have had an easy road.
Speaker 6: See when I have one idol absolutely smashed by my peers, it's oh, you just win a TV showing you here and then you're at the IRIS and blah.
Speaker 4: Blah blah, like we did it the way and yeah, I think you deserve a little bit of Twenty years later, do your time.
Speaker 2: Thank you guy. God is there. But aren't they the nicest two boys in Australian music?
Speaker 3: I want to know, can we expect another Jewett?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Everyone's been asking and both of us love we love writing together and we have plans to write a lot more.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And as we said, if we just started like literally being a.
Speaker 2: Boy because Simon and Garfunk called up Fisher and sorry and singer, that's for sure, Hello.
Speaker 4: And guy Funk. This keeps keeps on.
Speaker 1: Giving and at the time, unfortunately, guys, you sound you can Sam Fisher as well. He's heading around from May night, the tenth and the eleventh to go see Semi live. We love you Sam and guy. Of course I'll be there too. Great guys is going to be there.
Speaker 4: I'll be at your Yeah, yeah he will.
Speaker 5: He's already there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Ye, Look, I love I love Sam. I've been a huge fan, so I know we're mates now, but I've always been a huge fan. His songwriter is incredibly his musicianship and like seeing live is insane So Australia, if you're listening, get out to a Sam Fisher.
Speaker 2: Different thoughts, but that's fine. We're out of time unfortunately.
Speaker 4: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Miss all right, everyone's stare by next at Target. It's ready set Easter with everything you're looking for these holidays. Shop in store, online or via the Target app. A thousand dollars to spend at target. Someone's winning it next on the pickup