Speaker 1: I heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App Got anything good? Hey, this is.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast. Yesterday, my wife and I were talking and my wife said, you know, because I've been asked by my youngest daughter if I could make a playlist yesterday. She's got a big exam today. She said, Dad, can you make me playlist? I need some new energy and some new vibes. This is my favorite request from anybody. You know, I love a plays you. It is my canvas let me paint, and her masterpiece. So anyway, my wife goes the joy I had putting this playlist together, like every Joy playlist. My wife goes, I'm really wide that if anything happened to you, I wouldn't know exactly what songs you on the funeral, And I'm actually thinking, you know what, she wouldn't and she goes like, I know, oh what Springsteen, so you should know by now, And then I was actually wide, like what they can't screw that up? And I really would be so annoyed if it wasn't the right songs. And then they just put like googled oh generics and I'm like, this is not what I wanted, guys, and then I'll come back and haunt them. So he's really upset because that that that final playlist for me needs to be the best one ever, needs to speak to the essence of who was this man. He's still with us through music. So then I was wondering, can you put this attach it to the will? You can pretty much put anything in the will.
Speaker 1: And it would have been would have been sure. It wouldn't be legally binding.
Speaker 3: I think to some extent because my mom's friend had seating arrangements in her will how she.
Speaker 1: Wanted to do.
Speaker 2: And that's the other thing is I want to have written down and agreed on there my front row people. I don't want to be up at the Pearly Gates. And of course I'm going there. I'm God's DJ here on Earth. I doant up there, like hang on, no, no, no, I just about to come in God. But WHOA how they got on the front row, any of us in the front No, no, no, you quit the radio show.
Speaker 1: You don't get in that front row. You don't get back in that front row.
Speaker 2: Front rowers off you from now on, my friend three males are over and front row my funeral.
Speaker 1: It's gone.
Speaker 3: You need to do what my father in law did and have a pre planned funeral, and he did it all himself before he departed years before.
Speaker 2: And I've just got the immege of someone in their garage at the weekends building their own coffin.
Speaker 1: But the inside hammering. It's actually going to be really cozy.
Speaker 3: The guys.
Speaker 2: I've really got a couple of little side draws for snatch, the remote control and stuff like that, burying me with my remote control.
Speaker 1: Let me take it to the other side.
Speaker 3: And he had exactly how he wanted, had all the songs he wanted. He didn't want any flowers. He said, I don't want people wasting their money on flowers, so they were not. It was exactly how Patrick wanted it. It was his day and that.
Speaker 1: Was just right.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, it should be like that. So what I'm going to do now is I'm going to have on Spotify. I'm going to build this weekend my bit more.
Speaker 1: That is so morbid. God.
Speaker 2: I spoke to you first because I seriously was going to do this, and then text my daughters and my wife going this is my final playlist.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, you just save it on your phone. No, no, no, this is too much for them to be. You know they're going to think, is he is he all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, what does he know? Oh? Just the thought of doing but you do have to do it at some point. Yes, if any about people? Would you be worried about Pats?
Speaker 2: Is it just me as a music obsessive worried about the final song?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I tell Chris now, I'm very specific, yes, exactly what I want, and I know the Eagles song that he wants because he loves the Eagles, and there's.
Speaker 1: A particular song already.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, No, it's something about.
Speaker 1: Coming home, like something with the hotel.
Speaker 3: No, it's not Hotel California. You know it's not that. No, it's a song, it's not it's not like high rotation song. It's a different song, and it's something about oncoming. You ask him, Yeah, I will. I'll text him now I think it's the lyrics that I'm coming home.
Speaker 2: I'll do a Google search, Well, you've got news coming up there, I have a lot, and then go look for.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show on podcast Christian.
Speaker 2: I was this is this is unbelievable. You never know who's listening. With the joy of this job. Sometimes Christian listened to you will talk about this. It is really important. Two years ago I was living, I was given two years to live. I am building my playlist right now. Music for my funeral is suddenly very very important to me. I am really really sorry to hear that. How are you going? That is incredible. I really hoping we haven't also given you a buzzkill. Definitely if you've only got two years left to live and you need something in this radio show and suddenly we're talking about someone which is actually very real life view rather than hopefully theory for Patsy and I. Also, the guy was just sent me that message. I'm saying guy, because I don't know your name. I want to know is his his his His Twitter handle is undertaker.
Speaker 1: Oh and he's a funeral director. Oh wow, yes that is. I mean, that's a good Twitter name. It is a very good Twitter name.
Speaker 2: When you leave that, will you leave that in your will to one of the other funeral directors I've just seen? Why is he called himself that? Did he call himself that? When he found out the diagnosis. But he's actually a full time funeral director.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: I brought these books and myself and three of my friends. I'm worried that my husband will screw up the funeral planning. This is a book.
Speaker 1: This is a book. I didn't know if could get this.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's your problem now because I'm dead.
Speaker 1: End of life planner.
Speaker 2: Incredible, it's obviously got a it's a black front.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it is your problem now because I'm dead.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert, end of life planner. Oh wow, I didn't know you could actually do that, Christian. Take it from me. I'm a celebrant. Listen to this this morning. I support individuals to write and plan funerals for loved ones. Patsy's right, it just takes you, know, suddenly the worst day your life. You're trying to put together, you know, the wake, and you really want to do them right. It's better if you help out people. Why, it's one, it's a very big thing. They don't have to worry about put all the details down, even what food and drinks you want served as well. She goes, some people also have names of people they do not want at the wake.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that you how do you manage that?
Speaker 2: We don't have to no, no, no, you know, but how do you stop people from coming to a wake?
Speaker 1: Do I have weight bouncers? Respectfully, I'd like to ask you to leave. Don't make this difficult, otherwise we can put you in the coffee. Christian.
Speaker 2: I have a Dad's Gone playlist shared with my kids on Spotify. Too dark that that's gone, So you're not here, Matthew, Christian. I wrote my funeral playlist ten years ago, at twenty eight young. My phone notes it'd be mostly like Pitopball. You might want to go and visit that. A lot of black eyed peace sadly no longer relevant. Christian bit morbid. But I have a spotifyed playlist called Memorium, hoping I don't have to use it anytime soon. But it's nice to note if I did the playlist that my weight would be full of bangers.
Speaker 1: See that's what I want, Christian.
Speaker 2: My husband and I both have our playlists, and we have Fields of Gold by Sting written into our wheels.
Speaker 1: That is a great one. It is a beautiful song. There I remember you. That's the only line I know. West Winds and is it in their by.
Speaker 2: If you were to higher Rio and I to sing it live at your funeral, Gladys, do let us know, Christian. I've had this on my phone ready for quite some time. This guy's got the whole playlist, time to what moments funeral songs hopefully not need for many years. Entry, I want a walk on by by Dion Warwick. And then for the photo montage, only you your zoo. I love that.
Speaker 1: This is a great song.
Speaker 2: Alison Moye into Benny and the Jets, all the photos are coming on into Lewis Capaldi. This is cute, This is christ This is the big think of the poor people watching it and they're already broken. And then he's even got coffin exits Don't let the Sun Go Down on Me or Elton John with George Michael. Final song is ever Long Foo Fighters.
Speaker 1: It picks up
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast