Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I wait for some swinging action.
Speaker 3: He's a big frou necklizen and he just wants to dance.
Speaker 4: Oh that's marked up, some bunting.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: It's Ruby's muck up day today. Actually, hey, coome morning guys, it's a Christian O'Connell show here on goal. Come on in. Patsy, good morning, Good morning, jack morning guys. You look a little bit sleepy over there. Jackie Boyd, you have rough night.
Speaker 3: I'm bothered because yeah, rough night. Getting dressed in the dark every morning, now.
Speaker 4: It sucks, doesn't it? Get interested in the dot? Do you put a light on, Patsy, I put all the lights on.
Speaker 2: No, I do I dry my hair, put the lights on, sleep through.
Speaker 4: That head dry. Going is so noisy, and that's us silence of a dark night.
Speaker 3: It looks like the morning when you get off the hair as well.
Speaker 4: We take age is a dry.
Speaker 2: We often have a conversation Chris and night at that hour of the day.
Speaker 4: Is it a conversation or is he just say yes, yes, yes he will. He's got that Fairest view voice modulator at Bernie's. Yes est, par I said what it was like.
Speaker 2: He will often say to me, make sure, promise me you'll drive careful. I'll drive careful. And then I'll say, go back to sleep. And then he'll say, have you got much on today? So he's sort of instigated.
Speaker 4: Actually what my wife and twenty four years were doing these The conversation is never that, it's if she's if she's woking with it. It's quick swearing, rapid swearing. Darren.
Speaker 2: No, we have a conversation and then I'll say what about you? And then he will tell me about his day, and I'll say, all right, go back to sleep, and he goes back to sleep.
Speaker 3: How he goes back to sleep, I'm the opposite now I'm walking around in the dark. I appealed this. This is obviously a dirty T shirt which is bothering me because I appealed.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you did say it. Does you slept the night in the car or a hedge or a police cell? It looks I've come to pick you up from jail. You know where you were rested on a big night out.
Speaker 2: Why don't you leave your clothes in another room, Jacks in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have that big pile of washing that's on the couch in the living room because we it's got ahead of us and we can't get in front of it.
Speaker 2: Now you never do it.
Speaker 4: Is to be an enlightened adult you realize I'm never going to get on top of it.
Speaker 3: It just seems so unachievable. Now that guy ned Brockman who ran from Perpose City, that actually seems more achievable. To the bottom.
Speaker 4: All he's been doing is he's been avoiding for forty six days. Oh there is washing he's got to do. He's just had one outfit to run And isn't it Paris Snea because you know, in a vest and some shorts.
Speaker 3: So is this just how we live now? Clothes never get back at the wardrobe and peel them off the top of that.
Speaker 4: It's an ongoing thing. And obviously when they get when as Gordon gets older, and have school uniforms and like my kids, so every weekend they have to clean their floor so that the floor isn't to see the floor, can we just see the floor? All they do is scoop up all the school close the endless hoodies all the washings money is ninety percent oversized hoodies. They scoop all up and then chuck it in the washing and I'm like, this isn't some of this is clear.
Speaker 2: They could be clean stuff in it.
Speaker 4: I just put it back in your bed. All has to be washed again. And it's just like piles and piles of washing that you're never going to get level with ever.
Speaker 3: And they do the washing.
Speaker 4: They do none of it. Honestly. You know that scene in Zoolander where he's going to tap smash that nineties with the young with the computer, that's what they are with the eighty seven thousand, way too many settings on the washing machine. But no, you're never going to get ahead of the washing. It's just like a thing you have to surrender to.
Speaker 3: So goodbye to the living room couch then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, say goodbye to that. It's a nightmare.
Speaker 5: Carl and Brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today is our eldest daughter's graduation, so a big day for all the family. A right woke up super excited this morning. My daughter stayed with three of her friends last night and they're all getting up this morning and having breakfast together and then a couple of drinks and then they go and have mau cup date orange juice, orange juice. Yeah, and then we have to pick her up and think about half past one, and then she comes back for a little powern app and then we all go and do the graduation and the dinner afterwards. So anyway, Patsy, yesterday evening, you know, I was telling me how Sundal was dragged around Chadstone for Sarah to pick out her outfit to be in competition that she's put herself in. She puts herself in against the other months.
Speaker 3: The graduation is the first thing, and then the main shows the jack.
Speaker 4: In poor wise ride. Anyway, she got this outfit Sunday. Okay, so you know Sunday that she's very very happy with. Yesterday evening, I'm brushing my teeth right, that signifies to everyone I'm getting ready for bed. Quarter to ten in the evening. She comes into the bathroom in the outfit like we've got to go right now, and I look at myself in the mirror. Oh God, here we go. She's not wearing that for fun. She doesn't like it anymore. She's got outfit anxiety, and I could see she's on the verge of almost tears, and I'm I'm gonna have to be really careful he rather than just loosing my mind, going I'm getting into bed, I'm brushing my teeth. We picked it yesterday, was changed. She's the same Personstone's class. There's no time today, it's done. So I go, what is it with the outfit? And she's like, I don't know, Chris, I don't think it looks very nice when but you liked it yesterday. What's changed overnight? She's got that outfit anxiety women have wear suddenly on the eve of it. I hate everything I hate. She'd had her hair done yesterday as well. Hates her hair. And then it was like I had to look at my eyebrows. What's she done to them? And I'm thinking, I didn't know you had them done.
Speaker 2: You don't say that, you don't say I didn't notice she'd had them done.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I found something on the outfit that actually I wasn't sure about. She brought these shoes yesterday and they actually they're making the walk funny. Well, it's not her fault. They It was like I said, it's like something squid game where they make people wear uncomfortable sh no shit, they would they would like chipping her forward like she was gonna wear she could fall into the people graduating. So we I sort of thought, if we focus it on the shoes, it's just the shoes of the problem. They're easily to replace. Where's the outfit, which is the big thing to too much trouble? Yesterday I was looking for the final piece of what I'm gonna wear, and obviously men don't have any of that anxiety. There's not a single dad's going today to any graduation where it's like I hope, I hope this is I hope this is up. There were what the the dads are gonna wear? This is gonna be a load of somber gray and blue suits, isn't it for all the other dads? Anyway, when I was shopping the es on, does it get a very nice silk pocket square because the time of the year springs that a little bit of color to my navy blue suit. Anyway, they are the only one I saw that was very nice, like a blue plate Paisley. I thought that'd be nice, quite eye catching, and it picks out some the darker blues in my time was on the was on the shop dummy, So it's a little woman. Where can I get that one? That's beautiful? She goes, we're sold out. You know this is a racing season. She looked at me like you should know she's one of those. And I really like that. When she goes, well, you can't have that one because that's just for display. Anyway, she turns on the corner. I grab it out of the pocket right and just go and buy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I don't understand that. Why have it in the window if you can't even buy it?
Speaker 4: Aren't you here to sell stuff? So I'm wearing it today.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I was doing my skiping my mum and you think, now, after four and a half years of living here and you know, skiping a couple of times during out of the week, she'd be o fay with how it all works. Yesterday's latest one, there was something wrong with her speakers on her laptop but her end, and my mom said to me, so, I'm going to need you to turn up your end so I can hear you louder. The volume here. It's like your volume it's two separate machines devices. I can have no impact over the volume your end.
Speaker 3: Mom can start yelling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but at some point she was keen for me to start doing that. We can't do this for next half an hour month. Now, Patsy, you need to find someone who is at work this time of the morning at the rival radio station we have in this building. Kiss.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm turning sleuth nearly every morning. There's someone I need to find. Who it is? They drive a big white twin cab ute.
Speaker 4: Why is it, Lauren?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's not not all. No, she's got like the Creme de la creme, top of the range.
Speaker 4: It is a fancy machine.
Speaker 2: It's very nice and tiny little girl in this big thumping car. This is a tweet.
Speaker 3: Little girl, insignificant.
Speaker 4: Yeah on Patsy's winspy.
Speaker 2: No, he's a beautiful girl what you said earlier. No, he always has time for a chat in the corridor. She's lovely. No, this twin cabin cut out.
Speaker 4: I have to get my magnifying glass to even see your face expressions, tiny line from that.
Speaker 2: Show, tiny looking, it's got a very big profile. No, this twin cab ute parks where our building is We have a little driveway down the side of the building, don't we that goes into the car park. It's like a narrow little drive with a hedge on one side in the.
Speaker 4: Brick wall on the beautiful Petchy painted that it's.
Speaker 2: Theater of the mind. Anyway, this car just.
Speaker 4: About what the hedge was by the hedge side rope.
Speaker 2: Now it was on the other side. This car bowls me over. It comes in the boomgate at about eighty k is an hour and long around the side of the building. Anyway, it was that fast yesterday. I had to like push myself up against the brick or it would have the brick wall it would have hit me.
Speaker 4: Really, cameras around there or for security, can you know, ask to see the security foot.
Speaker 2: I suppose I could, but it's like a maniac driver.
Speaker 4: It's like this big urban someone who works for Kiss.
Speaker 2: I believe it is.
Speaker 3: We'll have to do a steakhout.
Speaker 2: I want to know who it is.
Speaker 4: Well, there's only about what ten twelve people in the building that time in the morning, so we're easy. But to find out who is you don't think that someone is trying to bump you off. That's what I thought firsday.
Speaker 3: Know, probably a rival news reader.
Speaker 4: It's arrival, it's click stand away moment is and he knows the profile is big. Probably Laurence said, I'm terrified of it. She looks at me like I'm taming Lauren.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: God one A four point three for Friday is a couple of days away. It's Tuesday today, then maybe Wednesday, Thursday. Friday is a reminder for some of you. Yeah, doing Tuesday morning. Last week on the show, we were doing weekest claim to Fame like we do every Wednesday, and Simon had this one not about a famous person but about some people, but more about a house.
Speaker 6: My weekest claim to fame is that and now live in the house where James and Vince past band members of Pseudo Echo, grew up.
Speaker 4: There should be a little plaque outside on the.
Speaker 6: Wall that the most amazing thing is that we've sort of kept it a little bit of a stitch in time, and the garage is still full of all the egg cartons and the soundproofing, and this is where they sort of grew up rehearsing.
Speaker 4: So Simon's phone call last week and the weakest claim to fames giving us ideas, see if we could do a weakest claim to fame about a home or a house, it might be somewhere you still live right now or you've lived before. A very good friend of mine was offered a lot of money by a someone locked on the door and said, we're a film location company. We love your house. We'd like to film in it. They said it in. The dates were like a couple of months time during the summer, and they offered on a lot of money, so we thought, why wouldn't I It was a five days and so they went away to somewhere else in the UK jur the summer. Two days into his house being filmed, he had to go back to get something urgently and thought it would be that big a deal just to pop in for five minutes. I know it is a go Anyway, he turned up at the house. It was a film but it was a hardcore yeah, and he goes there were two naked people. Someone had bare buttocks on their kitchen table. They were so casual about it, because if that's what you do in your film, goes there's when they were like oh hi, and they were like, yeah, it's gonna be five minutes and it was like it was a pawn. They were making porn out we got but he said it was a lot of there's a lot of money in that. So so Jackie boy, you've also got a significant house.
Speaker 3: There was friends of ours in our street whose house were used in a commercial and the whole street was excited because they shut down the street and they were filming that. There's a couple coming out of my friend's house and then into their car and we were so excited to see the commercial when it went to air. When it went to air, though, it was one of those TAC safe driving.
Speaker 4: Commercials fell on aren't they have to be.
Speaker 3: A horror crush at the end, and it really took the fun out of it, being like, oh this.
Speaker 4: Jamie, it would just be rammed into a dangerous driver.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast, Well.
Speaker 4: Look if your weakest claim to fame about your house or a place you've lived in Christian, I live next door to the Beyonce house in Brunswick. The video was for No Angel in twenty thirteen. I did not know anything about this, right, so I just googled Beyonce video No Angel and sure, enough filmed here in Melbourne at a rundown sort of place in Brunswick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they looked for the worst house on the street, I think. And then it sold a couple of years ago for like over a million dollars.
Speaker 4: You're kidding because of the Beyonce video made it famous.
Speaker 3: I guess house prices in Melbourne is ridiculous anyway, but you think Beyonce would have given it a kid?
Speaker 4: Why did beyoncen film in Melbourne? Was she on tour on Australia In Australia, I think.
Speaker 2: She was at the time, wasn't she was like a broken down, old single fronted Victorian, wasn't it. And it was like aqua I remember the color was aqua Christian.
Speaker 4: My family home growing up was the footy player Jordan Lewis's childhood home. I was in what was the in his bedroom, baby blues and cartoon wallpaper everywhere, which clashed terribly with the bright orange, beige brown carpet that is still scarred in the recesses of my mind. It was a peak eighties house brackets, Sorry, mister Lewis, very polite, All right, Let's go to the lines. Derek, good morning, good morning, there's going Christian, I'm good Derek, welcome to the show. So we claim to feign about home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the house I grew up and was in bottil and the street was so full houses from the sixties that they came in and filmed the TV series. It look on what the series was, but they had Claudia carving in and I actually never saw any of the streeting. It was always during the day when.
Speaker 8: I was out.
Speaker 4: It was that significant. You got no idea what they were filming. But they were filming some TV show with Claudia Carvin. If I'm so, someone listening may or may not have seen that show.
Speaker 2: Isn't the Secret Life of Us? Was it?
Speaker 4: It was very secret. You don't even remember it.
Speaker 7: It feels like it was, but I don't think that.
Speaker 3: Was it a sixties era TV show? Is that the idea they were going for kind of houses?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was okay, so Claudia carbon show from the sixties.
Speaker 4: If anyone remembers that, give us a call this morning, nine one o four three. And also your home is also significant. Who did you have for a neighbor well.
Speaker 7: Across the road from us, just for a couple of years, we had guy peers.
Speaker 4: See that's pretty cool. Did you ever sort of just see him leaving his house and deliberately leave you was at the same time trying to strike up a friendship as neighbors.
Speaker 7: Well just occasionally, but it didn't seem to work. I mean, he became best friends with my best friend from next door, that's all.
Speaker 3: What could they rip you into that?
Speaker 4: Obviously, Derek's friend was like, I'm just a one old guy man. I can't bring in another guy doesn't like more than two people there, hates odd numbers.
Speaker 7: Guy Piers, absolutely, I wouldn't want to share.
Speaker 10: So yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: But had a big sort of a big sound recording studio in the back of the house that was pretty impressive. But I love it, so I heard it.
Speaker 4: I invested. There were you frozen out of that another day? Derek, thank you very much. You got have a good day. No thanks, Matthew, good morning.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah.
Speaker 11: I stayed at Roger Moore's house in County Kent. It was palatial, it was a it was a transcendental meditation retreat and I lived on the Island White at the time and it was just period across the Southampton and it's been a drive up to County Kent and I found this big house. It was very nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet so. I didn't know Roger Moore was into transcendental meditation. Was he running the retreat or no?
Speaker 10: We just used his house?
Speaker 4: Was he away for the weekend? Just broke in James Bond making taken on blow because if you're James Bond, you're not a home a lot of the year, rent it out.
Speaker 3: You're always in a foreign country, somewhere America with.
Speaker 4: So did it have a load of his like personal artifacts around the house, like you know.
Speaker 11: Did we really go through them? It was just a huge, huge place. When he had fireplaces the size of the bathroom.
Speaker 4: He had fireplaces, And that's James Bond, isn't it. The salary for that spy job is huge.
Speaker 11: And we stayed there for the weekend.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 4: It was very nice, brilliant. All right, Well, Matthew, thank you very much, the story mate, have a good day.
Speaker 8: Okay to you too.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So next Thursday, this show is on the road and we're taking the show to you. If you want to invite us around you head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au. You make a little video taking us around your home, how big or small it is, and who'll be doing the show with us. Some of the people have been doing it so far, made these amazing videos. Thank you very much. The deadline is midnight tomorrow night eleven fifty nine is the deadline. Future invite us at the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au. All right, let's go into some of the invites we've had so far. Do you really wanna host me? You make it real? Uplands? Will you really welcome mass inside?
Speaker 1: Can you make us tea and toast? Please?
Speaker 4: We'll leave and bring a.
Speaker 1: Man to pass the time.
Speaker 4: We've got that line. Sit the Waco bit bad to pass the time?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Then let's go first of all to Stuart's home in Frankston. Stewart is a dad with five kids. Hamish's twelve, Tommy ten, Matilda four, Scarlett two, Beatrix one. Wow, that is a busy house. Actually his hidden talent making a short story long. Oh meet Pantsy Stewart. Anyway, let's sat up play this. God we look at that.
Speaker 3: We gotta need this house updated We're going to need to find some time.
Speaker 1: Gotta find tam to fix the kitchen.
Speaker 3: God fine, tam to fix the floor.
Speaker 12: Got to find time to fix those window pains.
Speaker 3: And make this house do fine.
Speaker 1: Because this old house was in Home Beautiful in May eighty nine.
Speaker 13: Oh like windows, tile backdrops nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 4: And it's finest oue.
Speaker 3: Arranger that looks outside. And the piece of resistance is the Christian O'Connell breakfast.
Speaker 4: So Stewart wasn't joking. Their home really is a nineteen eighties time causul it wasn't Home Beautiful magazine in May nineteen eighty nine. He's still got a copy of the article as well. We love Monica. You're gonna love Monica. This is great. Have listened to Monica from Dingley Village.
Speaker 14: Hi, Christian, this is Monica from Dingley Village. Some people call us village people. So this is our smallest kitchen in Dingley Village, as my husband always says, and he's cooking there, Hi, doestin. Doesn't matter that our house is small and our kitchen is the smallest in the Dingley village. But a Slovakian saying says, good people can fit in small places. Dobri rudis a shade VELAs mesti, So we hope we will see you here, see you soon. Bye.
Speaker 4: Monica sounds just a lovely, warm hearted host, doesn't she, As she says, she has really got the smallest kitchen in the village, Dingley village, the village people, and most likely all of Melbourne, but the longest outdoor table where you'll all be able to fit on. My favorite memories when my parents got stuck in this tiny house for nine months. But this is not my husband's favorite memory. All right, let's get to Lily down now, and Andy.
Speaker 5: Does rule a plenty for the band and all the crew. You may even spark a local kangaroo. Are places work in progress of renovators. Delight. We think you find it perfect though. The place is nice and bright. Please stay for the day so we all can enjoy a glass or two each. Yes, this is just a ploy to make this venue all the more appealing. We're intensely keen on that e ens feeling very friendly.
Speaker 4: Invite there, nice perm them from Andy? Is that is that Canadian? Yes I'm not coming on there, Thank you very much. S All these lovely invites keep them coming. Then deadline is midnight tomorrow. You head to the Christian o'connorshow dot com dot au. The prize is the backfor show. Also you get Sineweker playing live and a sixty thousand dollar kitchen makeover thanks tos Inus get the sixtieth feeling.
Speaker 1: On a brighter note, you're listening to the Christian o'carl's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Working Feel Stories. Have you ever been injured by a toy? When I was a kid, My favorite toy I think I ever had as a kid was the Evil can Eevil stunt cycle. You probably remember these, Patsy being a child of the eighties like me, where it's like a toy evil Canevil and you could sit, bend him and sit him on this his legendary motorbike, and then you revved up the bike and off you would go, and you could make jumps and ramps, so I might like homemade ramps, and he would try and clear you try and recreate basically Snake Canyon, one of his big jumps, and try and clear a couple of Encyclopedia Britannicas. These are big jumps.
Speaker 3: And did the toy crash as much as the human.
Speaker 4: Did just as much. It was eerily accurate, as much as how many breaks that the actual evil Canevel had. Anyway, you know, it's like when you've got a younger sister or brother, you spend a lot of time arguing, fighting, especially when mom and dad aren't there. The moment they leave you guys alone. It's like a civil water in the house, isn't it. I know my sister threw evil at me. Really, you know, my song really throws something at you, and it was quite a hefty old thing and like wiring and stuff that to sort of hold him in place. Anyway, one of Evil's arm went into my eye and it sort of scratched the corner. For three days. I had to wear an eye patch. If you're charged the eighties. Buddying was fine in the eighties, especially for kids who had any kind of physical helment. It was like Lord of the Flies. It was a miracle I got through these three days. You know, I was actually wine. What if it never comes back and I have to wear an eye patch or stuff like that. They will pick eighties kids picked on anyone that was different. Oh, the pirate boy every than that. So I didn't wear an eye patch for three days, jack You ever been so? I've got them injured by evil Caneval flying evil canievl.
Speaker 3: I got something hurled at me by a sibling, also Monopoly. I was teasing my younger brother and I was trying to look cool in front of my friends, teasing my younger brother. He stood up on the chair above me, pulled all of Monopoly off the shelf in its box, all the pieces and everything.
Speaker 4: Oh. I thought it was like one of them, like the little dog on the top.
Speaker 3: Weren't even playing Monopoly. It was all boxed away. He threw the whole box at me.
Speaker 4: It's a big old box as well, with a lot of moving lead pieces at that So did you dark or did you go take a headshot?
Speaker 3: Took it to the temple?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I've asked you had to take a note of all these toys and the injuries. What was the toy? What was the injury so far? Jackie boy? What have you got?
Speaker 3: We got your even canevil doll which was thrown by your sister at your eye and then you became the eye patch boy at school.
Speaker 4: Three long days, Dark Knight the.
Speaker 3: Soul and I had the monopoly board to the temple, all right.
Speaker 4: Add to that then a playing catabult gun. What would they think of making these things in the eighties, Christian, I had a this is from Dave Lockwood. Christian had a playing catabult gun. Shot myself in the eye with it, wondering what it would look like if the plane was fired towards me.
Speaker 3: Oh to be a boy it huh that No, you run the expense exactly.
Speaker 4: Mike had a little pedal cart as a kid. After watching the A Team, I fitted it with a garden cane as a makeshift cannon. We should do makeshift improvised toys model on the show garden kane becoming a cannon using cellotape while pushing my little pedal car to give it extra power, I crashed the cane, flew into my eye. Hospital followed, and Christian forget about your three days with an eye patch two weeks. As a child of the eighties, Christian one I was eight. I dropped my toy xylophone xylophone on my foot. Try spread on that jack toy xylophone on my foot. White st turned instantly red, big toenail came off rob I threw my Action Man at my elder brother. He was teasing me. He ducked. I was a terrible throw, but Action Man's rubbery hand managed to thrust up his nostril and broke off Action Man's arm. He had to be taken to a and E. I was grounded for a month.
Speaker 3: Action Man or the brother, both of them.
Speaker 4: It was worth it, as his nose balloon to the size of a beach. Hashtag no regrets. All right, let's go to Stacy. Here, come mining Stacy morning.
Speaker 15: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good Stacy. So first of all, then Stacy, what was the toy?
Speaker 9: It was a poo stick?
Speaker 4: Pogo stick? Okay, what was the injury?
Speaker 16: So the I was old in the foot pedals, so the pogo stick was actually my brothers and sisters, so they're much older than me. By the time I got to it, the foot pedals were rusted, so foot pedal broke, pogo stip kept going. I went down, it went up, knacked me in the chin there and I bit through my tongue. Oh oh yeah, it was real bad, and I ended up with a couple of wobbly teeth and a decent enough gash in my tongue.
Speaker 4: Have you still you must have a little scar store now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah I do.
Speaker 16: It looks like I've had a tongue piercing, but I'm not that tough.
Speaker 9: I just sit my own tongue.
Speaker 4: Two kids these days still used the good old classic.
Speaker 16: That was the end of it for our family.
Speaker 4: I bet it was no more hand me down for that rusty old go stick. Stacy, great story, Thank you very much for calling us.
Speaker 9: No wayes.
Speaker 4: Let's do one more before Patsy's news. Emma, good morning, Hi, good morning, how are you? I'm good, Emma? And what was the toy?
Speaker 17: So it was total tennis? So back in the day everyone had total tinis.
Speaker 4: Yeah we had this. I remember this, and thing's got.
Speaker 17: To be heated with me and my sister and I ended up with the vat in the mouth and lost the tooth.
Speaker 3: Wait, your sister ended up with a bat in her mouth or you do?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 17: So I think it was so long ago, but I think she was really hard set at me. So I stormed off, but I walked behind her and she went to give a big whack to the ball and ended up in my face. And yeah, I lost the tooth for life.
Speaker 4: That is hardcore. The stuff the brothers and sisters brothers and brothers and sister says too is a nightmare, isn't it. It's mainly just like road run of violence each other. Another fact that you were that the story is still it felt like you were selling it to us. My dad went to it from behind her. Will sure, Okay, the baller wat from behind her. Yeah, that's what happened, isn't it. Stacy? I lost a tooth for life.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: You have an injure, my toy, throw my an irate younger or elder brother or sister, or just fired a toy into your eye, like one of our listeners when he was a young boy, just to see what it would be like to be hitting the eye by a catapult, plane spoiler. It hurt, Young Dave Lockwood. All right, Jackie boy, you're keeping an eye on the toys and the injuries this morning. You can add to yours nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 3: We've got an evil canevel in the eye and Monopoly bored in the temple. The plane catabult to the eye. The garden came to the eye, a xylophone on the footlight, losing the big toenail action man up his brother's nose, I go stick it broke, she put a hole in her tongue and the totem tennis lost to too.
Speaker 4: It sounds like some sort of injury report record at the worst play center in the world, doesn't it add to that? A solid toys A dinosaur thrown by a boy's scoy that hit me in the face resulting in a broken nose. Christian, my little brother rang me down on his mini quad bike, something of a Stephen King. Let's go to Bruce Sick. Good morning Bruce.
Speaker 10: Good morning j J.
Speaker 4: All right, Bruce, So your toy injury stories. What have you got, Fris Bruce?
Speaker 10: I have two for you this morning, Christian. The first one was as a young boy, I was a little teaser and I was playing table tennis with my sister and I was winning and started teasing her, you know, making the noises. Yeah, and she got the table tennis bet you had to sort of, you know, accidentally throw at me, and it slipped out of her hand and gave me a black life for a week.
Speaker 4: Wow. Okay, right, that's the one what's your second one, Brucey second one?
Speaker 10: We were playing darts, similar sort of circumstances.
Speaker 8: I was winning.
Speaker 10: Again, pulling the darts off the dartboard and teasing her, and she did the same thing with one of her darts in her hand, and he hit me in the back of the leg.
Speaker 4: What she's like a ninjam and killed Bill. Yeah, that's stop.
Speaker 10: He no actionally, No, I'm the youngest of five's. I have many stories.
Speaker 4: I bet you do, Bruce. Thank you for two of them. Mate, have a good.
Speaker 10: Day, all right, thanks Grys, Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Bye, Darren, good morning, Hello, hello Darren. What was the toy.
Speaker 8: Three speed drags in the seventies?
Speaker 4: Right? Three speed drags?
Speaker 9: Do?
Speaker 4: And what's your injury?
Speaker 8: I turned it into a chopper. We used to cut old forks off another blo I can slip them on the front.
Speaker 4: And how old are you when you were doing this?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: We are twelve twelve customizing bikes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I couldn't wold, which is what happened because when over jump, the front wheel come off and the but the forks dug into the ground and the handlebar slipped around and dug into my legs.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it went into your leg.
Speaker 3: Yes, so how had you touched it all together?
Speaker 4: Yeah? If you can't world, well that's why I come off.
Speaker 8: I couldn't world.
Speaker 2: So you did try to world a but not successfully obviously.
Speaker 4: No, no, it wasn't Nah that we're not the police or to investigate this or reopen the case. Mate. Oh, thank you very much for car. Let's go to Jackie here. Coome on in, Jackie.
Speaker 9: Hi, mine is a classic uzzy toy, a slip and slide.
Speaker 4: Oh so I think SIPPERD sign is pretty big all over the world. But yeah, carry on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ran up to it and instead of going down head first, I decided to go down, but first got onto the slip and slide and my left ankle gave way and that's where I fell.
Speaker 4: So what did did you break your ankle?
Speaker 9: Broke my ankle in two spots?
Speaker 4: Oh god, you poor thing. They were lethal, those slipping signs. Just to love them, but so many kids are barely alive today because they have got concast or wiped out on that slip and slide.
Speaker 9: Yeah, not to mention adults.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah that's right, Jackie. Thank you very much. You cool nine four one four one oh four to three your toy.
Speaker 1: Connal Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're taking all stories today. Cault us up. Tell us what was the toy and what was the injury? Toy injuries nine four one four one four three. Christian, my son snipered me with a knife. Bullet from twenty five feet away, got me straight in the eye. I had a black eye for ten days. Great shot, though, This is amazing Christian. When I was twelve, I had a twenty two gauge air rifle lead pellets. I was shooting objects in our back garden. I mean they didn't give them kids weapons. Yeah, there was a golf boar about five meters away, so I shot that big mistake. I hid it dead center and the penet came flying back at me, hit me straight between the eyes. The pellet went into my four. Now there's one here. Here we go. This is how it begins. Father worked on the Darwin theory we either all die or survive. Paul Table, myself and two brothers Paul Cubes ended up as swords and the bulls as Now this gets split this text, so I need to find it. The bit and the bulls as backup weapons. You can only imagine a scene. What could possibly go right, Paul ball in the mouth, broken front tier for life for myself, Mike upper sorts and the balls back up weapons. It's a scene, isn't it? A cut scene from step Brothers all right cowning? Good on him, Cowen I and come on him.
Speaker 15: Oh good morning. Sorry, I didn't hear you call my name. Childhood memory is an injury. Rolling down the my sister and I upgraded from bikes with brake pedals to new dragster bikes and we went hooning down the whole neighborhood went honing down this massive hill. Was sister got the deaf wobbles and was scared of letting go of the bike because she was scared Mum would grail at it, so puts on the head the hand front break hand handbrakes and goes tumbling down the hill, hanging onto this trake bike, rolling down the hills of the bottom of it. And to this day she's got a massive scar on her left elbow. And every time we're all together as adults now we just still giggle over the vision of them. Now I know it makes me giggle everything.
Speaker 4: Well, Mum's growl sounds terrifying.
Speaker 15: Oh well, you didn't do anything wrong if mum said be careful, and we weren't meant to be down this massy hill anyway. It was well out of our neighborhood, but we thought we'd be dare devils on all our new bikes.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much for showing your story. You have a good day. Thank you you too still bring to a chuckle. Alan, Good morning, Adam.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Christian, Jack and Pat's all doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good and thanks still listening to showing camera. So what's your toy injury story for us? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I was about I think seven or eight years old. I was over at a friend's place and being boys and boys, we had toys everywhere, and then we decided that, you know, it was a bit of time for a bit of a bit of wrestling. So we were end up on the top of his bunks and we're wrestling backward the forwards, and his brother joined in as well, and somehow in all the tussle of that, I got pushed off the bunks and landed faith first on lego that was fluttered all over the floor and my face to shreds.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yeah, you would have done your poor thing. You're right though. What was it about boys and wrestling?
Speaker 12: Yeah, well it's what you do.
Speaker 4: Just seconds. He always just seconds away from wrestling anywhere anywhere. If there was a wrestling and you even saw serimatees wrestling, of course you go and join it.
Speaker 3: Well, even on Grand Final day we're thirty four now, and there was a jumping castle for the kids. When the kids had finished player on the jumping castle, guess what became the wrestling octagon.
Speaker 4: This is what they should do to upgrade the UFC. Have it on a top bunk. Two men enter the top bunk and fight. Whoever pushes the other one off first wins and great story. Thank you very much, buddy.
Speaker 12: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Get all these home surveillance cameras these days, some of them there where you can on your phone you can have a look if you've got pets or anything like that, or kids to see what they're up to. We have them around the house and there's also one one of these doorbell ones. Or if you're out and about someone's delivering yet another parcel, you can you know, they can dump it. My wife keeps telling me how to do the doorbell one. I don't know how to open the gate. So what I do is I can speak to them through the little camera. I just tell them to throw it over the hedge. I trust my wife nuts because when you come home they starts just been locked on the pathway because I don't know. I've told you five times it doesn't matter.
Speaker 18: At least I'm going to go to the post of picking up chuck it. They will go, do you do you give me permission to throw Yeah, let's chuck it. Tell her about it. If it's to me, it's a book telling me. Fine, so the kids they shouldn't be ordering this much stuff. Chuck it over the hedge.
Speaker 4: You have my permission. But anyway, these cameras now that you have around your house, right, you can get caught out. So Tom O producer is there having a beer the other weekend, right his girlfriend is in. Alice Springs calls him to tell him to cut the grass. You put that beer down here on Thomas. You get that roby moa out.
Speaker 3: It must have been pretty long if you can see it from the security camera.
Speaker 4: I said, why did you just light and say you did it the other day? Just no, she could was watching the camera.
Speaker 3: She can see me, Tom, you missed bit watching.
Speaker 4: You do the borders to see you and Alice springs. It's even li now, so we have one even down the side where the bins are. The mountain signs that my wife's been away for the weekend and I promised her that I would not have to simply get takeaways every day. And she's seen me breaking up, breaking up those boxes, trying to shove them at the bottle of bind like the perfect crime text me going.
Speaker 3: I saw that, and I, damn it, that's the problem. Anko was away. I wanted to do takeaway meals, but she could watch me coming in from the car into the gate, you know, scrambling in with my kleets.
Speaker 4: Like raccoons around the side of the house, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I wanted to disable the carry myself before she'll see that, so I just waited until the battery died and then did again.
Speaker 4: The worst one was my wife and I had you guys relate to. I had one of those arguments where it's kind of died down and it's hanging right, and luckily a friend of mine was swinging by to pick me up in a new but we were going to go out for cut of beers. So I'm thinking, great, we get out the house for a bit. You know, as I closed the gate behind me, he gets out of the uber to shake my hand and going and I went. I didn't realize I was right next to that camerafil. I went, get me the fountain. We chuckle as guys do, like, tell me about it? Can Huma phone goes pick it up? I heard it. I heard that. My inside.
Speaker 2: I was like, mummy heard me?
Speaker 4: Your grounded.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast next week.
Speaker 4: This show is on the road. Our show is coming live from Yours live music or so from Pseudo Echo and thanks to Ianes get the Inner sixtieth Birthday Feeling. You also win sixty thousand dollars kitchen makeover. There's a show win M kitchen. What am I gonna do? There's a bend in M kitchen?
Speaker 3: What are they gonna do? Pseudo Wicco's gonna play that's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 4: They might use my lube all right. Deadline to invite us round to yours with Pseudo Echo to do the record show live next Thursday. The entire show me Jack and pat Pseudo Echo and a sixty thousand dollars kitchen. You go to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot AU deadline midnight tomorrow night, invite us around your home. Show us first of all, around your home and who will we be meeting on the day when we did the show live from yours? And also tell us why should it be you more than anybody else? Let's hear some pictures now. This is from Trish and Barrick. Hey, Christian, welcome to Barrick the best.
Speaker 2: Place to have the Kitchen, O'Connell Show and Pseudo Echo. We will give you an on air first ever Taekwondo exhibition.
Speaker 4: Bunny, Hi all this yeah, yes, these are Dad's arms.
Speaker 3: That's snap, Christian, Jack, Patty, are you up to the challenge? We can teach you to break boards as well like this, Hi.
Speaker 4: All, my apple and cinnamon and blueberry muffins for breakfast.
Speaker 18: And if you play a cards right, I might able to do some bacon and eggs.
Speaker 4: Eggs, Yeah, the coffee yesterday. One of your three tips how to make a great video impress us. That is an impressive pitching video. There from Trisha and Barry and the kids as well. Let's go to Richard now one goodbye, good day kitcheno Donald team.
Speaker 19: The Goldsmiths couldn't be more excited with the opportunity to host Pseudo Echo at our home. The youngest Hayden wants to have a riff off against the lead guitarist. Melody and Adeline can't believe they could be meeting the poster boys. To my wife's adolescence and a Marie's guaranteed me more hugs and kisses than I could ever imagine. I just wanted to say thank you on behalf of my family. Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's very nice. Richard, thank you very much. Got to Ringwood now, Allison, why should it be you so Ruth? What do you think people to have a christiano'congen show film here? I want to win that bet they made against me about waking up before you guys arrived, and I think it'd be a really good opportunity to see how everything works. And I know all the words to Funky Tu Well.
Speaker 5: I think if people to have a bit of a laugh and a dance in the morning, and I've actually seen that we got what you guys have to do with plus after twenty three years of this kitchen, it not actually works anymore.
Speaker 11: I need a new kitchen.
Speaker 4: See, nothing works, nothing works, nothing worse. It's really distracting. I keep thinking and I left the oven hobble. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: It's that top right one.
Speaker 1: It's sticky.
Speaker 4: It was really stressing me out.
Speaker 3: Was there a duck in the background?
Speaker 4: A large crow? They've got a pet crow? Can we find that out. Let's go to bend now.
Speaker 3: Jeez, I'd love to have you over.
Speaker 13: It has been a lot of work to get this house where we've got it, you know, but i'd love to ruby get the.
Speaker 1: Horse out of here.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'd love to have yours over. It has been a labor of love over the last eight nine years. We've created something special. Jeez, I'd love to have you over. Rather than listen to you, I'd love to be involved in the morning.
Speaker 4: Rather than listen. Does he know we're still doing the show. We're not having breakfast there. I don't hear it.
Speaker 1: Come round.
Speaker 4: But don't whatever that talking thing is, don't be doing that around here in the morning.
Speaker 3: You can play.
Speaker 4: Just shuts it for the morning, okay, all right? If its round? Yours crows and all the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot Au, Deadline Midnight Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Book, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Jackie Boy, what's been going on with baby Gordon? What is he now? Almost seven months?
Speaker 3: He's seven months?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 3: Did your kids have at this age get so many rushes?
Speaker 4: Rushes, chafing. It's cause of ointments and zinc powder.
Speaker 3: Every few weeks he's got a new kind of rash, this newest one.
Speaker 4: Now I think they get like nappy rush, don't they.
Speaker 3: Well, this one is on his penis, and so Bianke took into the doctor showed at the red mark. He said, okay, that's easy to clear up. Go to the chemists and get hydrosole. So I was sent to the chemist yesterday to get hydrozole, and I just wanted to make sure I had the right one that was suitable for babies. So I asked a girl and how is this good for babies? She goes, I think it is, but let me just check with the pharmacist. So she goes up behind the big super desk that he has at the end, and I stay in the aisle because I thought she was just going to be a second. So I'm twenty meters away and the pharmacy's busy. I see her chatting to the pharmacists and he yells out to me from where I am, you're kidding me. He's like, what's this for? I said for my son? He's seven months old? He goes, what part of the body?
Speaker 19: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Really across the store? Penis why this is on you?
Speaker 4: Why don't you then go? So he should have shuffled up. You go and just moving through a coast. Think quickly, no, I know you do you cover the distance? Poor Gordon and all the innocent customers, everybody in the room.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got to think it was for your.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'd be thinking that you turn mars seven month old young lady and go, what a creep. But he hasn't even got a son hanging around and getting creams. Leave yourself alone, sir, well them arrest is what they're probably thinking. That's why it's all chafing that.
Speaker 3: Why has he got the extra large Chuese.
Speaker 4: Look at the stay of it.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack and I are not feeling that confident about our time wasters today. Today is thank a dentist day. So we are looking for your dental bands. Who's on stage at Toothfest? Dent Fest, Toothfest, I tell you who's on stage. First up, we've got a rapper. Oh yeah, this guy likes to get low low low floor rider, floor rider, low Loder. I know flo Floorde, they have it toothpaste. God, you know the clue was in floor rider.
Speaker 3: I was looking for some floss. That's a never mind playoff.
Speaker 4: I did floor ryder for the fifth time. Silver, the Black Street Boys. Ye, Silver, he's still looking for some floss. What about Diana floss? There we go. I've actually has made that up for him. Tell you what he might have eagle eyed? But what that poor old buck tooth cherry. Hey, come on you laugh. That must mean a gold rince, said Fred Rint, said Fred Silver. And you know what dentist cool Brook Springsteen. Don't you what gold Jackie boy loves and floss one today? Set him up like a treat with that one. Oh butck tooth cherry. Hush back to that. Throw back to that? All right, jack, what have you got? What's on stage at Dentfest? O?
Speaker 3: People love this pop singer. It's Bruno molars, silver, gums and roses. But who was your favorite spice girl, Oh, sporty Spies. Mine was Ginger spices gold. Who is your favorite member of the Partridge Family's Donny Osmond, David Cavity, Robbie Williams.
Speaker 4: Tickets are for grabb some of time Waves of today.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O'carls show podcast.
Speaker 4: Dental Bands Today is thank you, dentis day all right, Jackie boy beston show today. Robbie Williams tickets Go and see him live next year when he's over all right. Dental bands Drill I am Silver, Brendan well done, Plack Sabbath Silver, Jason and jil On well done, The Mighty Mighty Floss Tones gold on On, Kathy David Lee floss Silver, teeth Urbans.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the simple ones are the best.
Speaker 4: Gold Buck tooth Cherry who the teeth thub? And that was Kerry Wilder, Brittany Vaniers Gold, Gina well done, Bracy Gray, gold Arrow, well done, Deep Cavity instead of deep purple, Christian not Usher, Brussia gold plus Bosco well done, sound like a detective system of the denture Silver plus Gumfort and sons. That is, that is, it's waiting for them when they get a lot older.
Speaker 20: Comfort and sons, denzil is anything silver plus, Nat King Colgate gold ac Cavity Yeah silver.
Speaker 4: Oh dear eleven year old, A lad jends civil plus, I said, Drillie Ray Cyrus Ace of Brace silverl plus, Honey Elevin, she's back, Hello, Honey, Filling Collins instead of Phil Collins. Filling Collins, Steve and Millie the Drilly God. That's right, favorites. Please put your name on them when you send these in Millividually, you didn't do that, but oh one four, all right, who is off to see Robbie Williams live.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Boss, go for Brushia.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's talk tomorrow's show today, Yes, this morning, when we're talking about your toy injuries, we had a story about someone who, like many of us young kids at the eighties, were cess to with the A team, had a little pedal go cup and improvised a garden kane to be a cannon and unfortunately the garden kane got wedged in it fired up into his eye. Hearing that tomorrow, we want your stories of improvised toys and games. I think a lot of us did this. Sometimes you just made up certain games. So you and your mates, we want to hear about those. Tomorrow show improvised toys and games. You can email me early to a party Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. The deadline is midnight tomorrow. To try and win this breakfast show not just a breakfast show live from yours Next Thursday, Pseudo Echo coming with us to play live at yours and you win a sixty thousand dollar kitchen makeover sixty thousand dollars from Ian S. So you know it's going to be all the best gear, top of the range stuff. So you need to invite us round to yours. Make your little video. Jack Post has three tips to smash your video to make us demand that we pick you.
Speaker 3: When you're making your video today or tomorrow, just remember the acronym fun. What does it stand for fun? F stands for fun? Mix it up?
Speaker 4: Have you no?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 4: Now I told you to make this stronger. Okay, you can't go the fun? And then what does their staff for fun? You've already said about the fun?
Speaker 3: Make it fun, be playful show us your because none of them would have thought about that. You use stands for unbelievable. What are things that your family do that you don't think anyone else can.
Speaker 4: We had the Taekwondo family who were breaking bricks.
Speaker 3: And they were doing live corruate chops. What is your family going to do to wourers an n noble? The memories.
Speaker 4: We need to pull that from Oh God, his backside?
Speaker 12: What the.
Speaker 3: What is noticeable about your house? What is unique? What is going to stand out exactly?
Speaker 4: Pats I have that we're tomorrow
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast