Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning Patsy, Good morning Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: Wait to see you guys.
Speaker 1: Everyone looking forward to the weekend.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be jealous of what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: You know what you what are you doing?
Speaker 3: We are going to the Melbourne Flower and Garden Show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's what you do when you get to know.
Speaker 3: I thought that was.
Speaker 1: Plus. Do you talk about Patsy like that?
Speaker 4: Stop it, You'll get lots of inspiration.
Speaker 3: That's what wants to do. She goes, you can go and look at how different people do their backyard.
Speaker 1: Yes, so are you two going to do something in the garden then, because I've been around your house, it's pretty wild at the moment. You need Costa to come around and sort it out. Very uncamp.
Speaker 3: We go through this very common cycle of letting the garden get overgrown and then going all right, let's do something.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll do a veggie patch. The veggie stay for about three.
Speaker 1: Months and then they just I went to Bunnings and got those raised, you know, yes, and then we leave it another place for weeds to forget that.
Speaker 3: We don't go out of the back out and do the gardening and the same.
Speaker 1: Is this the right time of the year to start planting seeds? I don't know because we're in autumn.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm going to find out tomorrow. I think it's only this weekend the garden show.
Speaker 4: A few days, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And so what would you normally be doing the weekend? Doesn't your mum take Gordy.
Speaker 3: For a couple of saturdays off?
Speaker 1: You've got some precious you won't literally.
Speaker 3: Be doing anything.
Speaker 1: We can imagine.
Speaker 4: It's not like you've got heaps after nine though, so you could do it most days, like weekdays when you're not doing the potty with the boys, which is.
Speaker 1: One of what we talk about sex life or the flower.
Speaker 4: Show at most tending to his garden.
Speaker 1: Want Madam.
Speaker 3: Tickets are already bought. We're going tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's happening once it gets locked in that diary as well, there's no taking out. That's it. And so are you going to be like a be teenager, like you know, sort two feet behind?
Speaker 3: I'm not that excited to go.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you'll love it. It's brilliant, will yes, what's he going to laugh? You can go there have a glass of wine, have a chat to the gardeners. What do you recommend? This is what we've got. Get some idea.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to show enthusias and otherwise you're going to spoil the anchor's party.
Speaker 3: I'll do I'll put on.
Speaker 1: Can you do that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Can you do that?
Speaker 3: Can you do about an hour?
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's okay. We actually plan when there's stuff like that light. You could have gone look at some new lights. My wife knows I am good for max an hour a time. Rather have know that it's but what they do is they go sneaky, sneaking up. We'll just do another five minutes. We're just doing another fun next thing. You know, you're up to two hours and you're trained.
Speaker 4: Do you get tribes with a lunch or something. It's like, well, just do this for an hour and then you can have some lunch.
Speaker 1: My wife knows. I don't fall for that anymore. We have to eat beforehand. I'm on the bribe now, I on the ride. Now for me up from many of these, I could get home. We're not going to go to macaus. I'll make a burger on the macs before go to the lighting shop. What are you up to this week?
Speaker 4: You know how I said Chris and I were doing more adult things, you know, sort of looking at the teenager phasing. Eventually we need to be doing more of us stuff. So we're going to a lovely wine bar again. I seem to live there.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to the alcoholic years.
Speaker 3: Friend.
Speaker 1: I look forward to when she moves out, we can drink all day.
Speaker 4: That does make it sound like that, so I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Be nice.
Speaker 3: Same wine bars last week is actually it's a bit.
Speaker 4: No, it's a very nice.
Speaker 1: We're on to quest right now, to those things. You think drinking again at midday.
Speaker 2: Night?
Speaker 4: Actually, what about you?
Speaker 1: What are you doing tonight? We are we're going for an early birthday dinner for my forthcoming birthday. It's not for another two weeks, so we're going off to mistakes. You knew that you're very good about people's birthdays. Actual, yeah, yeah, yeah, We're going off to rock pool. Stakes are amazing. All right, We're going to take a break when we come back. Then we're getting into this week's double thumbs up. This is where me, Jack and Pats we go around the team talk about the things that we're into this week Gold one I four point three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, so every week this is the spot where we talk about the shows or apps or books whenever we're into. At the moment, there's something that I really want to talk about, which has become actually the biggest TV show in the world. If you've been online, you cannot escape the well deserved hype about what I think will become probably one of the most important TV shows of this decade. And I really mean that. It's a TV show that I really recommend it. I think it's actually essential viewing for parents, definitely, but even it's seemed for anyone to understand what is happening to young kids online. The TV show is called Adolescens, and technically I've never seen a TV show made like this. It is a technical masterpiece. Four episodes. By the way, sixty nine million people have seen the show in under the last two weeks. The greatest thing is it's the biggest TV show in the world right now, and it's really about something so so good. It's on Netflix and it's four episodes. There are an hour long each and technically people are raving about it and they should do because each episode is just one continuous take. How the cast and crew did this and pulled off is it's astonisher.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't watch that behind the scenes. It isn't told me about it. Well, it's just incredible what they pulled off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not just a technical masterpiece. It's the story itself is the star. And the thing about this one shot isn't just like a gimmick. It means that the camera never leaves the action. It's so it makes it really really iive about what the storyline is. So it is about on one lever, it's about knife crime and a young boy accused of it. There are no spoilers because this isn't a who done it. In the first episode, you realize sad that this young boy has been radicalized online and he has done it. And then it's every parent's worst nightmare about that cute little boy who was in his bedroom and you thought was safe is in another world that you didn't know what was going on with him. And that is me and every single parent. You think they're safe when they're in the bedrooms, but there's another world that we actually don't know much about, and we spend so much time as parents sort of teaching them how to cross the roads and don't talk to strangers. We don't really talk about how on earth you meant to navigate online. And when I first heard about it, because it does break you watching this TV show, but in the right way it does, you need to watch us. I actually was a scream it. She's like, I don't want to watch that about a kid Acusan Mona. But my daughter actually rang me after watching two episodes a dad, you really need to watch this, So I'm glad she did. It's incredible. And after watching it, I actually had big conversations that I've never been able to have with my eighteen and twenty year old daughters. And you know me, I'm very close close to both my daughters, but about their world. I really didn't know how bad it was. And then all these stories would come out, stuff that they've tried to tell SA and about images they've been sent, and when we would then react, they go, oh, there's no point getting angry. This is just the way it is. It's normalized. So for any parent, you really should be watching this TV show. It's a beautiful show. Stephen Graham. It's a masterclass in acting from him. But there's this kid who everyone is talking about called Owen Cooper. He'd never done any acting before in his life. Stephen Graham Castle is the first scene is episode three, which everyone keeps talking about. It's one of the best hours of TV I think I've ever seen. That was the first episode they shot, so that's his debut in front of a camera and it. Yeah, I can't. I can't recommend it enough. It's a really important TV show and I hope it doesn't sound like I'm lecturing people like everyone needs to watch it. I invite you to watch it. And I felt squeamish. I feel embarrassed when I said to my daughter, I don't want to watch that. That's a downer. It will break you, but in the right way. And actually it's a hard, uncomfortable, confrontational watch at times. But it is an unprecedentally hard time to be a kid right now. It's harder to be a kid than when we were growing up. We didn't have to navigate cyber bullying and everything that's going on right now. It's called adolescence. Probably most valuable thing I can ever say on this feature is to watch that show. It's an incredible show. You guys will seen it, haven't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is. You can't underuse the word masterpiece. It really is the best show I've seen in years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it is a good topic open night. If you have, like Audrey's Nelly fourteen, do sit down with your child because then it opens the discussion of you know, it's a good circuit breaker for that. So yeah, highly recommended.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, we'll come back. The show, don't talking about It's on Netflix. It's called Adolescence And if you watch it, send me no afterwards. I'd love to know what it opened up for you guys in your family as well.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show, Vodka.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what are you giving your double thumbs up to?
Speaker 4: I am going to buck the trend and it is a divisive movie that's out in the cinemas at the moment, and that is Snow White and the live, the live version of it. You know, they've done all the treatments for a lot of the others and now they're doing the classic Waltz Masterpiece, the very first animated movie.
Speaker 1: Have you seen it? Parts?
Speaker 4: I've seen it. I went to the premiere and we loved it. We loved it, and look, there is a lot of controversy around it, but we really really loved it. I thought it brought it into the modern age. It wasn't it wasn't woke, it wasn't anything like that. I thought it was perfectly sack getting it.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anything.
Speaker 4: It's actually go to a movie and just enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Take it on.
Speaker 1: It's laura.
Speaker 3: I've never seen snow white. It would god it like the nineteen thirties.
Speaker 4: Nineteen thirty eight is.
Speaker 1: You probably went to the premiere red copy. No, that is it would have been. It would have been a black and white car.
Speaker 4: Shot gun.
Speaker 1: But good on your pants because everybody else is just it's like a pylon.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm a bit biased. I loved it. Go and see it while it's in cinemas on the big screen. It's a great experience. The other thing I think I found my favorite thing ever that I've brought from ald and that is their buttered chicken.
Speaker 1: You waited there like a micro right, okay of long standard dishes in the world. Wow, how have they done that? Put butter and chicken?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's producer Caitlin is with me on this. We were comparing notes the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, easily impressed. No, no, easily impressed. Bogan's shop it No, I love right, great savings. I'm just saying that in terms of how easy it is to impress her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's easy, it's quick, it's easy, it's delicious.
Speaker 3: Have you tried the Roddy there as well? Because we have friends who rave about the Oh, I love it.
Speaker 4: Right, the juices and yogurts.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite Indian restaurant. It is called the rotty Body.
Speaker 4: But this is brilliant. Put in the slow cooker.
Speaker 1: On slow slow, I'd accidentally trip and put it in the microwave. What will happen?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll probably go well robbery, wouldn't it in all leathery? But but a chicken aldi get on it.
Speaker 3: It's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Have you thought that? What came? What's going on that sister.
Speaker 4: Stopped sending me stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, because you've plugged everything ever you did every day, there's nothing that you haven't given airtime to. Jackie boy, what are you giving double thumbs up to? This week?
Speaker 3: Every Sunday, Bianca and I take it in turns to plan a family outing and I knocked mine out of the park. On Sunday we went to this place called Paint Lab at Blender Studios. It's in West Melbourne and what they do is you go into this room that has paint spluttered all over the walls. You put on protective clothing and they give you a canvas each and super soakers full of paints, bridges full of paint, growing paint around.
Speaker 1: I want to do something.
Speaker 3: I want to paint labat. We took Gordy because we thought he's making.
Speaker 1: Amends all the time anyway.
Speaker 3: But I would highly recommend it, even for adults. It's not just for kids. That he was the only kid there that day. It was unbelievable. Funk and I had so much fun making our canvases. And now we've got all three of them. Can you bring them home after they drive?
Speaker 1: That's West Melbourne and it's got the places called Blender Studios and the experiences called Paint Lab.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast