Speaker 1: So before we get into our chat with the legend that is Fred Schibsta, we should address something. I think it was episode sixteen where I called out a car journalist. He's sort of a car journalist, but he's a tech expert. What's his name? The lawyer's letting me say. This guy's name Trevor Long from the Today Show. In my view, he stole what was supposed to be my our Australian first whatever. And I said in response, he looks like the kind of guy that eats hot dogs for dinner. He's caught wind of it, and he tweeted both of us, and I tried to mend it. I offered an olive branch. I said, I'd had eleven pints and a massage from a woman called Stephen, and I tried to call a truce, and you know what he said. He said, not a chance. Redemption is on. So I think it's time I give him a call.
Speaker 2: And I think this needs to be a sincere apology as well.
Speaker 1: This will be the most sincererious thing I've ever done in my life, and I'm going to call it.
Speaker 2: I hope it is.
Speaker 3: Trever is answering an endless number of emails and can't take your call.
Speaker 1: Do not leave a voice message, send a text instead.
Speaker 2: Pleasely, but do you have a message.
Speaker 4: After the time when you have finished recording, you may hang up.
Speaker 2: We'll post one for more options.
Speaker 1: Hey, trev It's Gordy and Paul here from the Drive Show podcast. Hi, say Hi Paul.
Speaker 2: Hi Trevor.
Speaker 3: So Gordy is calling up to apologize for being a no, no no.
Speaker 2: This is my overweight douchebag.
Speaker 1: This is my apology. You don't need to apologize for yourself, Okay. I just want to say, trev I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: By the way, you might want to record this because you might want to use it as a pump up before you talk to the Today Show about a vacuum. I just want to say I'm sorry about the hot dog situation I made. I've eaten so many hot dogs. I once saw the face of God. Just because you look like a Tafe teacher, the teacher sheep metal doesn't doesn't make you less of a man. You are still a genius. In fact, not a tafe teacher, a physics teacher. A physics teacher, but also a little bit like the Crisco Christmas Club Lady and I don't know what a physics teacher is. I wouldn't because I don't know what physics are. But Paul's laughing, and I think it's pretty important.
Speaker 2: I'm taking no farre in this.
Speaker 1: Here we go sing it, you're you're now anyway, I'd like to formally invite you on the show to come on in and have a chat. I'll eat some hot dogs, I'll get some tacos, we'll get a case of beers. Was that apology, all right, Paul?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think so. But I would love to have Trevor on the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're getting faded out. Hang on, all right, sorry, go ahead, Paul.
Speaker 2: I would actually like to have Trevor on the show. It'd be good to have someone who knows what they're talking about. So yeah, it would be good anyway, Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Now we've got that out of the way. I did organize you a little bit of a present. Fred Schebesta, this dude is is an incredible guy. He's the founder of Finder dot com. Yeah, he's the founder of Finder dot com. Dot you and since then, and since the success of that, and obviously the global success of that, is picked up crypto which I know you're obviously into and NFTs and all that. In fact, this guy's also known as the Crypto King. So here is our chat with Fred Schabester.
Speaker 4: Like, do you have to like engage like the heavy boosters to like turn this bad boy on?
Speaker 3: Like, have you seen the studio? It looks like a possum has pissed on the roof. So I think that it needs hopes and dreams more than anything.
Speaker 1: So we've taken him in the good studio. Mate, all right, okay, he's not in my I have a studio over there and it honestly looks like the airport lounge at Kabul Airport.
Speaker 4: Do you actually like is this actually like this is like like literally it feels like you've got to like press all these buttons like a seven four seven, and then then it like turns on and it's like.
Speaker 1: Do you know what we do with our show? We press a couple of buttons, we fly up in the air and we just hope to hell it doesn't crash. Wow, that's pretty much us. Now, last chat we had right, you're in Brisbane. That's why your audio sucks, yesh, Brisbane. Last time we had a chat you had your grumpy pants on. So I've organized a bit of a present for you, right. Yes, this is a guy called Fred Shabasta or best I should say, I've stuffed up his name like the best star, the best star on the block. Co found out. Hang on, don't I'm trying to introduce I don't. I don't write things down. You know this from me, and I've written the stuff down, so this is a big deal.
Speaker 2: I'll let him have his moment. Go on, go on.
Speaker 1: Gordy co found our financial comparison SiteFinder dot com dot au, published author go Live. This is what I love. This title Ten Principles to Launch a Global Empire. This is a number one Amazon bestseller and it's a book that I read. So the last book that I read had words and pictures and it was called Where Did I Come From? This is also a guy that last year he was made Look, I don't do a rich list, but he's made a rich list and that's a big deal because it's from the Australian Financial Review. Do you know what. I've never really met royalty before, right, but I can tell you the closest I've ever come to Royalty is King Willie Whedy and this guy is a crypto king, Paul. That's why I brought him in because you love crypto and you love kings. Fred. Welcome aboard, Thank you for hanging out.
Speaker 4: Thanks very much for having me on the on the spaceship here, I see like all the dynamic thrusters have been phased at the Dalitium crystals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you why I thought you'd be a great chat. Okay, so you came in here. My day job is working at a radio station with Kyle and Jackie. Oh, and Fred came in there to promote the book. Shut up, Paul, no one's asked for you. Fred came into promoting his awesome book. And I'm like, I didn't know. I didn't know who you were. And I'm like, who's this dude coming out of a Porsche Pana mirror that's like the hybrid turbotype topspec. Who's this guy? But the thing is, he's like a successful businessman but dresses like an La TikToker.
Speaker 2: I think had something to be proud about.
Speaker 1: I agree, because here's the deal. I don't get the corporate world at all.
Speaker 4: Direct from Venice Beach, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't get I don't get the suits, man, but when you came in here and like you know your stuff and you're doing your own thing, I'm like, I want to be friends with this guy. What a rad call, dude?
Speaker 4: Anyway, only friends with you? Got you and Paul as well done.
Speaker 3: Look, I know this is a car show and we should talk about car stuff first, but I am like massively obsessed with crypto and I actually was also using Finder when you guys were running the crypto competition and then continue using it for some of my crypto trading as well. So we'll get to crypto at a second. But cars, I think that the cars are an interesting starting point. Gordy mentioned you drive a Panameira. What has led you to Porsche as a brand?
Speaker 4: Well, I had my previous car. It was a Cries the three hundred CEA and I bought it. Unfortunately I bought it in silver, not in black. That was a mistake, yeah, because as someone told me, oh, silver cars resell better. And then I realized I'm never going to sell this car. And I literally held on to it for thirteen years. I drove it wow, all over Sydney. I drove it until it wouldn't turn on anymore?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 4: It would not turn on, and I went through batteries, the everything fell apart on it and I just but I drove it to the ground and it wouldn't move.
Speaker 1: And when you eventually sold, that was that to fund like the business?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I the first time I sold. So when I saw my first company, I bought that car and it cost me fifty grand and it was like a big deal. That was like a significant milestone in my life. And so when I was going to sell it after thirteen years, I was like, oh, man, I feel so bad about selling this car because it meant so much to me. I kept the number plate and that's why my number plate on my new car is so wonky.
Speaker 1: That's that right, Yeah, Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 4: It's yeah. So it reminds me of the hard work that I you know, I grinded for twenty years to get it, and I's that was the piece. I was going to like keep it and just put it somewhere and like take it apart and like melt it down and put it into something. But I thought, well, at least if I keep the number plate, that would be something. So the next challenge was Okay, what car do you buy? And I love value, you know, long term quality and things will last. And I think I think Porsche is a brand. It's just it's like, yes, it's it's probably a little over the top, but I know if I'm going to get in the car, need to go pick up my children, or I need to get to the office, or I need to drive, you know, to radio station, I need to get there, and I can't. It can't not work because you know, I have a series of things that if it doesn't turn on and work and go, that's a serious issue. And then the second point is, you know, I need to put three kids in the car, so I couldn't have a two door car. That's a that's an issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I That's why I sold my Porsche because apparently when when I was taking my kid out of the hospital, they said, you can't put the kid in the boot, and I said, that sounds like a challenge, and anyway, I didn't win that. My wife stepped in. But yeah, it's it's it's basically the family.
Speaker 4: Hard getting the car seat in the boot, that's tough, Cassie, like the shopping bag.
Speaker 3: I got to say, I actually you raise a very good point there, Fred, because I have an assorted collection of shit boxes, and one of them is I love Australian cars, and one of them is a v HSV.
Speaker 2: And yesterday we're in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: We had to go to BMW to shoot some video footage of these new cars and I thought.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm going to wheel the old girl out and.
Speaker 3: Go for a drive to BMW in that and the battery was very flat and I got to this freeway off ramp and literally it died on the off rap because the battery died. So I see exactly what you're saying. The last thing you want is a car that just isn't going to get you there. And I well and truly feel your pain. Now. I know that you mentioned that the cries or I guess, and the registration after that had that sentimental value of all the hard work you put in for the business does and you probably don't want to share what the registration actually says. But does it have anything to do with the business or is it just a personal plate that you sort of picked at the time.
Speaker 4: It's literally like a generic pretty much a generic one, you know, like mystery pick when you get a new car, yea, like I just didn't have you know, I didn't have I didn't I had some money, but I didn't have that much money to go and customize stuff and all those kind of things. I think another key decision point. But in the purchase of this car was about electric or not electric. So it is a e hybrid, so it does go about forty forty k's call it, you know, give or take on a full charge and then it switches to petrol. And it was one of those moments in time when I think, you know, it's it's it's probably this crossover point. And I was like, you know, if I really need to drive somewhere, like you know, I don't want to see out charge waiting and charging and those kind of things. So, you know, the sort of Tesla and full electrics, and also the Tyken was coming out, so I was like, yeah, again, you know that full crossover to full electric. I think it's a big, big call. I still think it's well, that's what my assessment was at the time.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I reckon It's a lot like Crypto. I would have agreed with you. When I first started this podcast, I was exactly the same, and I reckon it is a lot less scarier than it is at first glance, do you know what I mean? Like it's it's more habitual, right, electric is more of a habitual thing. You kind of go home, you put it on charge, you're good to go.
Speaker 4: I can get to the city and back from my house, so it is essentially still got enough range, but I can't go any further than that. Then it's just a petrol plus.
Speaker 1: Also, it's your first kind of big expensive car, Like it's a car car. You want to hear that shit, you know what I mean? Like you want to kind of let me just switch that on. It's it makes a damn good sample, Like, well, we're in the car, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm just helping sell read the electric dream here. But the Taykon you can actually option a speaker. So the cars that we tested recently had the optional speaker and it actually sounds like a like a nine to eleven turbo when you step on it. And the best bit is the speaker is outside the car, so everyone else hears this even though it's full electric, So you're kind of getting the best of both worlds there.
Speaker 1: It's like fake boobs I mean there's still boobs, but.
Speaker 4: On the outside.
Speaker 1: I reckon this car suits you more than you realize because the guy who designed it, well, the guy who was partly responsible for the Panemiro was a really big, tall dude, big german guy, and legend has it he sort of came in and goes, I want a card that I consists in the back of and be completely fine and all that. And the first generation was actually a really ugly It actually had a bit of an ugly almost like a lump in the back right.
Speaker 2: Both yeh, just a nasty growth hump exactly.
Speaker 1: It had like this weird camel hump at the back. And then they got a guy Michael Mayor I can't remember. I think he worked at Mercedes and Saab and he came into Porsche and they were like, can you fix this car? And for a long time I was like, oh, I I don't think I could fix this, and he did. But I think this car was really a rule breaker from the start. And I mean, get it going back to your book, man, like, that's that's kind of what you are. So I reckon this car suitching more than you realize.
Speaker 4: That's interesting you say that, Yeah, I think because I remember when the four door came out and everyone, oh, what's that. You've broken Porsche, you know, like it's a broken Porsche. And I was like, at first, I was like, oh, geez, I'm not sure about that. And then one of my friends we went and looked at it and they said, have you have you actually looked at this? And then it started to door num on me that this was the rule breaker, this was the one that broke that changed the game. You know, it's like, well, I don't care what other other cars are doing, I'm going to go this way. And it's like it's quite a it's quite a statement. Yeah, And I actually saw someone driving one before and I was like, whoa, that's a big move to like go and and like it's it's it's just a it's it's it's like you don't care about all of the social precedents and you know, context of what is in the Overton window. You've just gone nah, just putting another two doors on.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm curious, as a as a bit of a tech nerd and lover of you know, emerging tech, what do you reckon about Tesla because they've kind of.
Speaker 2: Done exactly that where they've gone.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, traditional car companies do it this way, but we're gonna switch things around a bit. Does that company have any appeal to you?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: I I've driven them a couple of times, you know, a few times in America and in Australia.
Speaker 1: I just preferences by saying everything Paul says about Tesla, he's getting paid to say. No, he's not. He'll kill me for say. He'll text me after this interview. I feel like.
Speaker 4: There's something and I don't know what it is yet, that when you sit in the car it feels like it could break. That's really harsh to say, but I and maybe it's way better engineered than I realized or anything. But when I sit in like a Porsche, you know that is it's just and I think it was just my mindset partially on you know, it's more risky to drive a car than it is to fly on a plane, and so I was like, I don't know, there's something about this car that it felt a little bit like maybe half of it will fall off. I don't know that that's ridiculous and that's not that's just an intuition that I felt and it's probably something because it's brand new, but that was the first feeling I got, and I was like, I was like, this is amazingly fast and crazily quickly going, and I can feel how it's stuck to the ground, but I feel like it's going to break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But that's that's not a bad view to have because the first Tesla I bought, when I had a Model three performance, mine was literally built in a tent because they had to assemble some of the cars and finish the assembly in a tent that they constructed outside Fremont in California. They then moved production to China, and they ironically got significantly better when they started producing them out of China because they sort of sorted all the problems out.
Speaker 2: But I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 3: When you do drive a Tesla back to back with a German vehicle, generally the German vehicle will field miles ahead and far better built and will have conventional features that you're kind of familiar with. Tesla really does the tech game really well, so I think sort of that's where they excel, and I'm curious on that sort of innovation front. If we sort of dart over to Crypto. Hyundai launched recently an NFT collection, so it was a bit of a shit show because they sort of ran this collection entirely in Korean basically, so you went into their discord and nothing made any sense and it was a complete disare do you reckon that we're going to see more car companies moving into that metaverse space and trying to take advantage of this emerging tech.
Speaker 4: Geez, that's yeah, that's a long bow from where we are in n FTS, you know where you know, we've got some pretty rudimentary games, We've got some more fancy games coming out. We've got people with fancy roll x's, which are you know that look like you know, apes, rolling around doing all sorts of things, and everyone's got their little click But I think we we're a bit of a distance from there. I think we accelerated about five years closer towards it with COVID. Everyone got a lot more digital comfortable with that. We moved even closer to the world of electrons that we did to the world of atoms, Like we're staring at you know, zoom screens, which are really pieces of glass, and we believe that's someone and whether or you know that that that whole journey you could. It's very easy to go further and further and deeper into that mindset.
Speaker 1: Paul doesn't actually exist.
Speaker 4: He's Pulls Pulls.
Speaker 1: He's an annoying piece of AI that they built in Czechoslovakia and it just went horribly wrong, and I just agreed to take him on board.
Speaker 2: Well, the other complication with.
Speaker 4: I just want to go back on the Tesla thing. Yeah, talking about that company. I know one of my friends, he he's long Tesla like he obviously owns all the stock, but he also owns a He brought a Tesla in the US. He saw his company when he was in the US, came back to Australia, he's brought another Tesla. He's still waiting for it obviously because of you know, shipping times. But he has this very deep view that Tesla is like the next Apple and we just can't see it yet. It's just that the role out time for this kind of organization and what it needs to do, it takes an enormous amount of time. Like like just the sheer size and scope of number of cars and metal and you know, full production stuff just just a distance from here to there. But you know, if you if you now go a few steps in and look at some of the things that they are doing are pretty out there, Like with their robots. I think they've got a release coming out of this first AI robot. Like that's like if you, I guess what I'm trying to submit is if you go back in time and look at Apple and some of the ideas that they propose and you know, were pitching and you know, really some of these leaps forward that they made and the engineering that was that backed it up and the design that came along with it. And now you look at that from a parallel with Tesla, you know, I think they're gonna you know, they've gotten more reliable. But the engineering going into that organization, the sheer amount of engineering and AI and so you know, I'm talking about it when I say engineering not only in the world of atoms, you know, and the actual construction of the car, but also in the software engineering like those things they take. Like when you build a great piece of software, the way I see it is, it doesn't just go, oh, I'm build a spiece of software and it's done. It's like you need the fifth and sixth version before you start to get something good and decent happening. And you know, like we're the same I've obviously done this many times. And there are many systems inside Finder. I'd say we were up to version five of the Finder app, for example, and it wasn't until five that decided to go Actually it's pretty cool. And so what I think is some of these systems they just they go, oh, we built this, and now like wait, we need to go back and overhaul that because we didn't realize this, and you have to go back and then you unwind all that stuff, rebuild it. And then so if you think about what they're proposing self driving cars, and it's fully like electric car, it's like, you know, gonna pick you up from the airport and take you home and then go out and potentially make money for you. I actually don't think you know, that idea is a big idea, right you know, Yeah, but that kind of vision I think just takes ten years to do or something like that. And you think about look at you know, Apple's what started in the seventies. It's like had a lot of time to like make the crazy products it's made. But think of all the engineering that had to go in order to go toward that journey. I think Tesla's on that path and a lot of the value is unrealized and not seen by its end product and customers, and so I think they're going to get better will and I think there is a ball case there for it being the default car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right with like the whole Apple comparison. Like if you look at electric cars, the way I look at it at the moment is you've got a line where you've got sort of electric cars you know other car brands do and that kind of thing, and then you've got Tesla, who are completely, in my view, in their own legue. And it was funny where you're saying with the driving experience, because at first it feels so artificial compared to what we're used to, and then it still sort of sits in a league of its own. It's a middimalisted. Almost everyone will generally say with their first drive, it feels like I'm driving a laptop, not a car. But then you look at the other side, with electric cars that are still sort of even designed, like say the interior for instance, you know a lot of time has been put into like still you know, dials and buttons here and changing that up and all that sort of stuff. But the the Tesla is literally feels like Apple versus Android. It's really weird. But yeah, yeah, and it's crazy to think what's coming out like and what the next ten to twenty years holds.
Speaker 4: I had to buy a second car, and at the time we were living with an apartment with a car STACKO so I had to stack two cars and so, you know, how to constraint. I think I would have bought a Tesla if I was on if it wasn't on the stack, because but that's that's an issue. The car itself is like two tons plus.
Speaker 2: Or even stackers are a disaster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So so I was like, oh, I don't want to put it, you know, a Tesla on a stacker. That's like I'm signing myself up for trouble. So I kind of saw it as a hedge. I went to the petrol car in that case, I want them car. And actually the McCarn again a great car. Unbelievable drive, I'd say, actually, with his visibility and everything, I think got to be one of the best drives. I don't know what they've done there, But just from that perspective, feel safe because it's nice and high you can see things. But it just feels great and it's not huge, not massive. Ye fits into spots you can you can put five in and it's got a little boot.
Speaker 1: You can dart around. It's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, amazing, amazing little vehicle. Love it reliable as well, But I think I would have probably gone and taken a punt on a Tesla. I just yeah, because of weight. That was one of the issues.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon with cars? I feel like investing in cars is very similar in some ways to investing in crypto, Like there's an art. I don't know much about investing in crypto, but there is an art versus science to it.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I think you know, you're looking at the trajectory in this case of the team of Tesla, and you know, what are they going to roll out, what are they going to bring, what's the software? Because it going to deliver? Like is it going to deliver this? Yes or no? And you're just kind of taking a punt with the hardware, which is kind of like owning the coin in a way, and you're like, will this project deliver or not is basically what you do in crypto, and if it.
Speaker 2: Does really good comparison that if it does.
Speaker 4: Deliver on you know, you're going to get massive upside. And I think that would, yeah, definitely happen with the Tesla. And again I I think I would have gone there. I just yeah, it wasn't wasn't the right time.
Speaker 3: Now's your time to jump in because Model Why has just gone on sale in Australia fits it's literally nineteen hundred and eighty kilograms, so if your stacker is still a condition, it'll probably sort that out. But I love that comparison to it being a crypto project, and there has been so much upside for early investors. When we bought our first Model three, I bought Tesla shares at like two hundred dollars. This is before the four way stock split, and it basically started going backwards and I chickened out at like one seventy five and sold. Had I have held them, they'd be worth the equivalent pre split of like four thousand dollars now. And I think that you have to go with your gut. And if I had have listened to my gut back then, it would have said exactly what you said that this is a company that has this long roadmap, they have this really innovative plan, and I think when you look at who's leading it, Elon Musk, like the guy is in some cases an absolute nut job, but he is. He's one of the smartest guys out there, and he really just knows his shit and really knows how to hire the right people to get the outcome that he wants from these companies that he's involved in.
Speaker 4: One of the things that is undervalued when someone looks at a big promise and they look at a software company, is the actual delivery of what is promised is assumed? But I actually don't think it is. And let's say I want to get a car to self drive around that the number of variables involved in that, let alone getting the code to execute and an update and you know, and actually deliver a version one and not you know, and not get shut down to some extent. Like I think there's I guess what I what I think about when I think of Elin is he's a good investment in terms of giving him money to go and deliver a software project and actually it potentially delivering with a very low percentage outcome of it actually happening. In other words, here's a super high risky thing to do, and let's give it to this guy because he tends to deliver.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he's building a did you is he still doing that? Building a tunnel under Ala? Have you heard that? The hyphens?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's got the boring company as well. That kind of makes a little less sense to me because the whole concept is you drive your autonomous tesla in there, and it takes you from one end to the other. But if it's like any tunnel I've been in during peak hour, there the shitts places to be because you basically sit there with all this other traffic and it has to exit at another end. So unless it exits into an empty area, you just end up in the same It is just a tunnel. So I think his innovation is the cost reduction and the engineering behind being able to produce these tunnels, and the fact that you don't need the same level of fire suppression that you would in a tunnel with internal combustion cars because it would just be fre evs totally.
Speaker 1: This is probably where I should jump in and say something intelligent.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to hold my breath.
Speaker 1: Freend's like, I don't know how to trying to belied, but Jesus, he's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is what is next for you?
Speaker 3: I mean I was having a look and you're in the top one hundred innovators. What is next for Finder? On the innovation side? I know you guys have sort of now launched into that crypto space. Are you finding that Finder is evolving all the time in terms of what you want from it and what people come to expect from it as well.
Speaker 4: I don't think people yet expect us to deliver on this crypture stuff. I think people in crypto do. They're like, oh, you know, that's fine. Yeah, they're in crypto. That's cool. But I don't think that there's like a broader audience yet that sort of cuss that. But that's good. I prefer that because it just allows us more time to make our product insanely even better. I think that's what we've evolved from is I think if you go back in time, Find it was really maybe even say three or four years, it was really just a i'd a largely a media and publishing company that's a being straight. I don't think you would see it as a technology company. Now, I would say you would definitely rethink that with the things we've built and the things we are working on and building at this point in time. You know, we've got you know, many many millions of dollars under management in Finder. Now people give you know, they have a wallet, and people deposit money. You know, we have security around that. We you know, all these kinds of things that we never did before, and now we've learned to really smooth and make much much, much, much much easier. So I think the way I kind of zoom out and I and I think of where things are going and I try I try to sort of predict what's going to be next, and that's not the easiest thing to do, right, But you know, I think that people have now gone from wanting yield to they're pretty scared about inflation, and so I think this idea of owning assets is in some way shape or form, you know, if it's companies. I think Crypto has survived another you know hit and then sort of fill, but it's now still above the all time high that it was before, and no matter how much of because they are, it's dead. Well, I think everyone who's sold or when it had that huge job and it went so super crazy, I think everyone who had to sell sold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and exactly, I.
Speaker 4: Think, well, there's no more sellers left, and so there's a really interesting, you know, point in time where I think you can look at that now and you go, well, factually, regardless of wherever you think it's going, all over it's doing. It's above the all time high the last time. Like that's means that if you've bought the old time high last time, you're still up. That's a good thing, right, that's a that's a that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Sorry, keep going, No.
Speaker 4: I think I think, you know, this rising interest rates I think is a very interesting dynamic and where I think it's kind of turning to and what I'm thinking about, you know, now that there's sort of this investment boom has sort of calmed down, I think saving money, you know, that was really where Finder came from. I think it's becoming cooler again, Like people want to save money on energy, on their loans, on their health insurance. I think that's been our core business and that's that's definitely seen a lot more interest of recent But I think there's another part that I think a lot of people are looking at right now is because you've got this change now of people, you know, being at home and working digitally and being perfectly kind fine with that. But they've suddenly now got I don't know, two to three more hours, and I feel like everyone's confused. Everyone's like, oh, I've just got this extra time and I've done my thing, and now what do I do now? And so I think there's this time now where everyone's okay, everyone's sort of binged out now, and all their streaming channels they're kind of bared now with that they've they've they've they're beinging up podcast but like great ones like this.
Speaker 1: And where you see that for the promo they are And I.
Speaker 4: Think podcasts in a massive way that and it is on a massive inflection curve up and I think it's great in an emerging space. But I also think what they're doing is they're a beaches done on social media. They're a bit done. They're like, oh jeez, I've scrawled enough, you know, I understand this stuff hooks me in, and then they're kind of going, okay, now I still have done all that. Now, still got another hour. And I think in that hour, you know, where people are kind of eventually getting to. And I could be wrong on this, but this is my future prediction is they're going to work on themselves and because that's the best investment you can make, right, So that's going to stay with you for significant periods of time, learning something, working out in some way shape orfore, working out something which you've always wanted to know that will help you fundamentally with the next thing you're doing, or earning a little bit of extra money to repay something, or whatever it may be. So I've got this theory of this this this this hour, this spare hour everyone's got, and I don't know what I'm going to make, but I've come up with some ideas. But it's going to be something either where people can earn a bit of extra money by doing some relatively simple things or improve that learn something and get paid for it, or something along those lines, because I think that's the new space. It's the extra hour everyone's got after they've been shot on everything else. I've taken up playing chess, which I love that, which is you know, probably completely orthogonal to you know, building companies.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, yeah, was that something that you picked back up or was it like I'm just going to learn a new skill.
Speaker 4: I used to played chess. Actually this is a damaging confession, but I was the captain of my chest, of the of the chess team I played. I literally played board one.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Is that good?
Speaker 4: The first board? So there's like, you know, you know, four people on the team and I played the first board. So you play the hardest player.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I saw the movie Finding Bobby Fisher once. I think that's I think that's chess. I think I get what you're saying.
Speaker 4: So there's recently there's been the World Championship with the Olympiads, so that so all the company countries play against each other the top four boards of every country. Actually Australia had a team of the best performance. But and it's you need to obviously, when you play four boards, you need to. Like any game, you know, you need to get one point for winning half a board for drawing, and you know you lose your zero, and you need to beat everyone. And it was something which I you know, I was in a you know, people who was academically smart than me, I could beat them in chess. For some reason, like they had different smarts, whereas I could like see into the future on the board and go look, and I'd look and I see that move and I go, man, you're so smart and you did that, Like like why am I not able to do what you do? You know, like he's probably looking at me, going, man, I did my tests or whatever. He's like, you did that.
Speaker 1: You know, Hey, one last thing because we've got to wrap up in a sec. We're getting kicked out. With what you do and what you've created, it's got serious longevity. Is that your Is that your legacy or like what would you like to your legacy to be.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. It's something which is actually very Yeah, I'm very passionate about his legacy and leaving leaving something and creating something that will help people for a long period of time. And when I think about that, you know, what I'm trying to do is my ultimate goal is to plant trees that I will never experience or see the shade of for other people to benefit from and in some small way, maybe you know, if that's helping people save a bit of money, make a bit of money. And I don't know all the things that are kind to come from that. But I'm just hoping that those things that I've created and helped people do, they create not only what's happening now, but into the future a significant lift in their life and their families, lives and things like that.
Speaker 1: That's what I love about Freddie champions people.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, well that's what you got to do.
Speaker 3: I mean, the best companies are there to exist to help people, and that's how you end up being successful. It's got to be about everyone else and then the money comes.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank you for coming in. By the way, man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the opportunity and appreciate you guys are putting on this podcast because I think it's awesome and everyone who's listening, these guys are cool.
Speaker 1: So that was fred What a legend.
Speaker 2: He's awesome.
Speaker 3: So I love the fact that he's into crypto and NFTs.
Speaker 2: I love that he's in tech and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: And if you haven't seen what he looks like, please go to our Instagram page and just have a look at the picture.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't say this, but Paul has a.
Speaker 3: Stiffy I'm just jealous of his hair and just the style that's going on there, although my style.
Speaker 2: Is is.
Speaker 1: It's forty eight year old father of four Paul actually, since that chat has a photo of Fred next to his bed. When his wife says, do you think we should have another child? Paul just pushes her away and kisses the photo of Fred and then proceeds to sing Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You? Which can you?
Speaker 3: If you're listening to this, make sure you leave us a rating on whichever platform you're listening to this, and just so what you think of the show.
Speaker 2: Contacted the driveshow dot com today.
Speaker 3: You let us know if there's anything else you want us to be covering that we're not covering. Who you'd like to have host the show instead of Gordy send.
Speaker 1: Us an email. Contacted the drive Show dot com dot au like rate, subscribe, share, tell your mom I'm available and do all that sort of stuff that would be really nice and any suggestions we love. Please get rid of Paul