Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last weep that line. Welcome back, guys to TV Reload. Thank you for clicking or downloading. On today's episode with Sarah, the seventh eliminated contestant from this year's Australian Survivor on Network ten, I will be talking about her time and Samora, of course, and what she thinks now that the smoke has well and truly been snuffed out on her torch. Australian Survivor Titans Versus Rebels is a showdown that pits the winners against the underdogs and the big wigs against the battlers, with each player competing for the grand prize of half a million dollars. After cuddling up with Tobias, Sarah found herself on the minority alliance called the Cuddle Crew, which formed on the first night in the Rebels tribe. Despite continuing without the number advantage following the tribal switch, Sarah's game was given a new hope as the Titan's middle aged mafia recruited her to blindside Viola. Unfortunately for Sarah, this goodwill proved to be quite short lived. Despite Mark extending an olive branch to enlist her in his counter strike against his former alliance. The Mafia court wind of this plan and played pretty defensively for treating on their plan to do a split vote, but then decided to go all in on Sarah, outing her from the competition. Sarah will reveal what happened in that final tribal council that saw Eden spark a wildfire that saw the castaways all putting her name down. We will also talk about Tobias and why Sarah was actually happy he left the competition and what it meant to her game. Moving forward, I want to find out about Sweed. Caroline and Sarah will talk about if she is the mother hen or whether or not she is a controlling mastermind. Plus we will find out what Australian Survivor taught Sarah and why this experience has changed her life in more ways than one. There is actually so much to one pack with Sarah and she is really fun to talk to, So sit back and relax as we dive just that little bit deeper into the world of Australian Survivor. You know, I already have to apologize at this point of the chat. Because I had to bias on and I read into some chemistry between the two of you, and I was like, so did you and Sarah go out for a date And he was like, no, I have a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: He's lovely, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, We'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: What a tribal council last night? Oh so stressed? Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Wow? It was so stressful.
Speaker 4: I got very emotional too, because I don't like when people don't like me or include me.
Speaker 3: So that was a lot.
Speaker 1: It felt like you said that you were overwhelmed, and everyone just stacked on you. What went wrong in your mind?
Speaker 3: There was a lot of components. I think that went wrong.
Speaker 4: Firstly, I think I put too much trust in kitting Caroline. I thought we'd built a genuine connection the days prior with Red as well, we actually spoke about having a girl alliance and kind of.
Speaker 3: Sticking together till merge.
Speaker 4: That became something that wasn't very valid because they completely lied to me and.
Speaker 3: Turned their back on me.
Speaker 4: And it was ingenuine obviously, whereas I thought, you know, that was a genuine conversation. And I find myself on being genuine and telling the truth and trying to build like proper connections with people. So that was really that kind of hit hit hard for me, especially after being so burnt pretty much the whole game from everyone. For the first time, I thought that I'd gained some trust, built a relationship, especially being in on the viola boat.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm on the right side with the black side. Finally I was feeling good. I was playing my own game. I was really sad once to buy it s left, but I think it was actually.
Speaker 4: Good for my game because then I didn't have him hanging over me, like I could then go and you know, trade my own path and paid my own way. So for the first time, I was finally feeling in control of my game and building connections. I was like, really good, And then it just all flipped back on me again.
Speaker 3: I was at the bottom again.
Speaker 1: And yeah, next minute, I'm nearly setting fire a JLP Like, yeah, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, that was so funny. I don't remember doing that. Watching it last night, I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Sarah, can I just say I have this repeated dream. It's a recurring dream that I'm on Survivor and it sort of changes, but I'm always eliminated first and then for some reason, I feel like it's in my personality that I try to have like a moment with JLP before he stuffs the torch, and it always sort of goes awkwardly wrong, like as in I'll be like, oh, thanks for coming and hosting the show and just say something, thank you so much, thank you.
Speaker 2: Do you want to make out after me? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like I've watched the episode twice and I feel like you might have protested too much with your l plate speech because I don't know how it happened in real life. But when Sue dropped that l plate speech and you said everyone else has a full license, Eden just whispered get rid of Mara, basically yeah, well, I don't understand the rationale of that. What transpired for Eden to then say to stack those votes on just you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was from my l plate speech.
Speaker 4: I just think they had a suspicion that Mark had turned. I don't know if anyone else picks up on it, but the way that they seat you at tribal council can sometimes indicate the way people are going to vote, and having read up the end, me.
Speaker 3: Down the other end.
Speaker 4: I think they'd realized that I wasn't with them, and well not that I was going to be with them anyway, but they definitely realized.
Speaker 3: That Mark was doing something else.
Speaker 4: And I think they knew that or they had a suspicion that Mark had an idol, so stack it on me while.
Speaker 3: Not I'm the easy target. I'm the one that tells the truth.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's I mean, I'd love to see as a deleted scene of JLP doing like a seating plan, you know, like when you've got people coming over for dinner and you've got your seating plan, and so there must be a lot of thought into Okay, well we're going to put that person there and put this person here.
Speaker 2: Oh, that person doesn't get along.
Speaker 3: Maybe JLP does it. Well, I don't know if he does. He's always got me close to.
Speaker 1: Him, absolutely, manet he just comes sit next to me and then I'd read it wrong and the next thing and I'd lean in for the awkward kiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, Yeah, I'm surprised I.
Speaker 4: Said didn't actually going to hug JLP because I hugged everyone else.
Speaker 3: It's in my nature to do that. I'm yeah, I'm surprised I didn't do that because probably would have been very awkward.
Speaker 1: I love an awkward I love an awkward hug. But have you spoken to Eden since to find out why he did? He give you a rationale?
Speaker 2: Like is he said? Okay, so what did he tell you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: I actually spoke to Eden last night or this morning, and he didn't think I was being genuine about Mark voting against them. I think he thought that I was just trying to blow up the game and save myself, which I was actually genuinely trying to be like guys, like I thought we had something I'm telling here. I'm going to tell you this information to gain your trust and then hopefully be safe for another day. That was my rationale, And he thought I was just trying to confuse them, which I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I was the one confused.
Speaker 4: They are the ones with the solid votes and alliances and everything. I was the one that was just like, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this. I'm just trying to figure out who's telling the truth, who's not, where the votes are going so.
Speaker 3: Then I can make a decision to align myself with tonight.
Speaker 4: Because I knew my name was on the shopping block and I didn't want to go home.
Speaker 3: I was having a fun time, I was enjoying it.
Speaker 4: I we want to go home, back to reality.
Speaker 1: What I can't understand, though, is Ree, you have to help me with this. Like re, yeah, you and Mark and Ree had a conversation on the beach where Mark revealed that he had an idol, and so I don't understand why reflipped. I mean she kind of flipped, which when it went against what you two had planned, which was weird because you were the only person in her alliance, But like, why would she put a vote on Mark? I don't understand.
Speaker 4: I still think at that point she was putting too much trust in Kitty and Caroline.
Speaker 3: I think she was.
Speaker 4: Trying to set herself up to be in their alliance moving forward in the game. And I think she kind of knew at that point that it was more my name on the chopping block than has I don't know, I'm speaking yeah yeah, from the episode, and I think she got a bit scared and just wanted to be with the majority. Ultimately, that sent me home, which sucks because me and really really close and we still are, and I adore her and I think she's the most amazing person.
Speaker 3: But yeah, she just freaked out put a vote on Mark.
Speaker 4: They told her to vote for Mark and no one else voting for Mark.
Speaker 3: She feels really bad, she really does.
Speaker 4: We've spoken and she feels really bad, and she feels a bit silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not bit silly. I think it feels silly.
Speaker 3: I went home. I'm the silly one.
Speaker 4: I'm the one that went home. She got to live another day in the game. So look, I'm the silly one in all of this. I should have just kept my mouth shut in hindsight, and you know, trusted Mark from the get go. But I just didn't have that foundation and trusted him because he put my name down the tribal before.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look, you know what I don't And when it comes to read, the only thing I'll say is she kind of reminds me of the goat in Jurassic Park, you know, the goat that just comes out of the ground just before like as in like she's just there to be eaten. Like I said, I, oh no, she's actually such a beautiful person.
Speaker 3: I don't like people looking badly about I'm not.
Speaker 2: Saying anything bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that goat means something different in the Survivor universe people, yes, different terminology.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like with her that she's just going to be eaten by the tea rens. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it, I see it. I see it, and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I don't know. Even Mark dropping his golden loot, which is what he called it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it felt like he maybe that.
Speaker 1: Was hard proof that even he was confused and had no idea what was going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I think we thought that there was a split on Mark and myself, so he was going to play his idol and then there was only going to be like two votes on me, and then there was meant to be like two or three votes on me, and then there was meant to be four votes on Carolina.
Speaker 3: She would have gone hoigh, okay if he played his idol.
Speaker 4: But I remember being at that tribal and hearing my name, and I should have taken the initiative and said to Mark, played for me. But I'm way to selfless. I'm way too I know, like having other people put themselves out for me.
Speaker 3: So I didn't actually.
Speaker 4: Have that conversation with Buck which I should have in hindsight, it's a great bloody thing.
Speaker 3: Then that would have been an.
Speaker 4: Ethic move because that would have been you know, it would have completely flipped it on its head and Caroline would.
Speaker 3: Have gone home.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting with the online community about the way they support Caroline. For me, I find her a little bit unlikable. I don't know if that's really horrible to say.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's it like.
Speaker 1: On the beach, you know, when you're a fellow castaway in Samoa? I mean, does she come across like because she's I don't know, she's sort of polarizing me. She's you know, Pippa from home in away and other references outdates your time, or she's like Blenda the bad Witch or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like I just I don't know where she lands.
Speaker 4: From my experience, I only got to spend a couple of days with her.
Speaker 3: She was really lovely to me.
Speaker 4: She you know, I was going through a bit of a crazy time in my brain with everything that had happened in the game and with all of these you know, you get a lot of quiet time on stun to think about your life and perspective on things. And I was going through big personal rebirth at the time, and she was really company for me during that. So I actually had some nice experiences with her. But I have since seen you know, the.
Speaker 3: Previous episodes as well, where she's.
Speaker 4: You know, saying to the boys, you know, they're eating too much, and then like being really micromanagy, really controlling. I didn't see that side of her, but I think that's because she was trying to mother me, which was nice, That's.
Speaker 2: What I mean, which is nice.
Speaker 1: What is the deal with Jaden's absence from that scramble? Was he at medical or was he taken off some red rooster like the man like I even forgot. I thought he was on the other tribe, and then we got to the tribal council and he was there in the background, and I've had this ongoing theory that he's only there to goggle box you all inside the show's theory.
Speaker 2: What happen? Where was he?
Speaker 4: Yes, So I actually tried to have a conversation with Jaden because I was having a chat to everyone because I wanted to find out where everyone's boat was going, or so they were saying to me where.
Speaker 3: Their boat was going. To figure out where the truth was where I was going to a line. I had a chat with him.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, Jenen, like I thought we weren't kind of in the same alliance at the time, so I was like, I think right in the same lights.
Speaker 3: He goes, oh, are we and I was like yeah. He goes, oh, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, okay, Like do you want to have a chat and he was like he was like no.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh, I don't know where IM voted. I was like, okay, good chat.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's kind of all I got from him. He was very fly by the what's the saying fly.
Speaker 2: By the same of his pants? I think is what it is.
Speaker 1: But I always got I always say fly by the seat of the pants, and I'm like, that's that's not even a thing. But we get what we're talking about here. Yeah, I get you.
Speaker 4: He was very much like that same and you know, it got him to the next day.
Speaker 3: So good on him for his you know, strategy or black thereof. It paid off in the end. I guess maybe we.
Speaker 4: Should have been a bit smarter, like as in Mark myself alex and Ree initially and got him on board because he was quite malleable, and I don't think he was super solid with that alliance. I think he just thought it was easy and they always just told him why to vote. If it meant he wasn't going home, then he was happy.
Speaker 1: It's not like he's hard to miss. He's a big unit, like as in, you'd be like that bloke over there, we need to use that.
Speaker 2: He's a part of a headcount.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It kind of reminds me as well of your conflict with Alex. You know, there was this moment on the beach where it actually looked like the two of you were going to have more of an argument about him telling you not to go and blow up the game. What was your take on Alex? And had you stayed on the beach, would you have ended up in a full blown argument with him about something? It looked like there was some tension there.
Speaker 3: Look, I wasn't going to have an argument with him.
Speaker 4: I was just trying to figure out who was telling the truth. I didn't feel like I could completely trust Alex at that point, just because he well.
Speaker 2: He's never pulled off good you know what I mean, Like he's never.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, he was quite sneaky, it felt like, so I wasn't sure if he was just saying that to us to say that's why I had to go and have those other conversations.
Speaker 3: But watching it back, I must say last night, it actually was quite.
Speaker 4: Obvious to me now that he was telling the truths because his body language was different. The way he spoke to us was different, especially Mark as well. The way he was like, gods like this, that and the other, Like he hadn't spoken.
Speaker 3: To me like that before. It's like, oh, yeah, just put your vote on that, and it's like very like they're trying to.
Speaker 4: Not give away too much, whereas Mark was like, this is what's happening. Put your vote here, I have an idol and that's that. That second conversation with Mark I was solid from then on.
Speaker 1: It should have been, but I mean I still picked up on that. I mean, Mark's face did change this episode.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think he felt a little butt hurt from the episode before and then now he's here and he's kind of gone from sort of mister boss to mister bean, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like he kind of had this sort of like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Strange look that was on his face, which made it really hard to work out how to trust him.
Speaker 4: Yes, and that's exactly why the first conversation wasn't enough for me.
Speaker 3: And then that's why I had to go and have chats with other Peop people.
Speaker 4: And then when he realized that, Ree and I went to Kitty and told Kitty about what was happening with Mark. And then Mark came back to us and was like, guys, I know you've done this. I don't care plans changing, but it's still going to work.
Speaker 3: I have an idol. I was like, okay, so he's come back with the other comeback of blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Uh like, yellola, Sorry, I'm getting very jumbled, but it was very confusing.
Speaker 2: I get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 4: Look in the end, it sucked that it didn't work out and re voted on the other side, but look, that's the game. It's a little bit of luck, it's a little bit of smarts, it's.
Speaker 3: A little bit of a little bit of everything. Really.
Speaker 1: I just feel like with Mark, when he brought up the invisible hand, I was like, how invisible has this hand been? He brought up something from the first Star Wars movie. Felt sort of a bit silly for him to bring that up at that point.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't even know about this invisible hand, and I don't really even know what it references Star Wars, right, I've never seen it, so.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, don't think it's Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I just meant, like, you know, there's so many Star Wars movies you never know, you never know which one they've said something in.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, like you, oh, yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, oh yeah, it's very Star Wars reference, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Well for Eden of course, because you know he was born in a cinema or something. I can't remember now, but you know he loves the movies. Well, when he does the movie quotes like he did the Gladiator quote, I was scared. I had to go online to find out that it was a gladiator quote, like I've seen Gladiators, but I just didn't understand anyway. What are your thoughts though on Caroline and Kitty standing out so far now because they're taking real wantnership over all the decisions that are happening, and in the game of survivor, anyone that wants to stand out and say they're in control never is in control. So what do you think is going to happen to them? Do you think that they need to separate to give the illusion that they're not together, or what do you think can happen there to keep them in the game.
Speaker 4: I think that Kitty is aligning with Caroline because she knows that if she brings Caroline to know, she's going to be able to beat her in every challenge. I'm not quite sure what the reasoning behind them aligning is. I think it's just genuinely they got along from the start and now it's become a bigger thing than it was at the start, and they're the only two that haven't.
Speaker 3: Lied to each other.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure they've always been in on the same votes they were gone.
Speaker 3: Against each other.
Speaker 4: So I don't know that it's a pretty powerful thing to have complete trust with someone in the game of Survivor.
Speaker 3: So I think they'll stick together to be honest.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck to them.
Speaker 1: I think they've got to be fat target on their back, and I think they're going to be really careful, and you know, once that other merge happens, you know, I think that's where it's going to really test their friendship. Or test their alliance, because if they do turn up in the merge and they are still standing out as a two, they're going to be in a lot of pain.
Speaker 4: So for sure, for sure, they've definitely got a target on their back.
Speaker 1: Now, definitely what about just just before you guys going to quickly ask, what about how nobody took responsibility at the immunity challenge for who is responsible for Viola going home? That was really strange, Like what was going on? Was was there more to that story that we didn't get to see. It just looked so awkward that no one wanted to take the pibility for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Mark didn't want to speak up because at that point he was still fooling.
Speaker 3: Eden, Caroline and Kinney that he was aligned with them. I think if he had already, you know, made.
Speaker 4: The decision to remove himself from that, he would have spoken up. I wasn't going to speak up because I was only told it the last second before we went to travel about the boat, so I didn't really know where it came from. To be honest, I actually don't know who initiated it.
Speaker 2: And it was weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was weird. I don't know I have no answers for that.
Speaker 2: It was just removed on.
Speaker 1: Everybody joins the podcast this season, I've been asking them in the game to finish the sentence in the Game of Survivor, what are your thoughts.
Speaker 3: In the Game of Survivor. You need to learn how to lie?
Speaker 4: Oh great, because I was not good at lying and that's something that I've learned in the Game of Survivor.
Speaker 3: You need to be good good at lying, and I am not. I like the truth and that's what got me murdered out. So don't be like me.
Speaker 2: Basically, don't be like Sarah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't do what I did.
Speaker 1: Everyone who joins the podcast from all the different shows gets asked this question, what is something from behind the scenes, something that we didn't get a chance to see, kind of like a behind the scenes secret from your Time and Survivor.
Speaker 3: I think what.
Speaker 4: Everyone missed out on was Raymond's amazing humor. In the original Rebels tribe, we had some funny moments me and ray and Ferris. He had this running joke about he was so obsessed with the Isuzu Dmax.
Speaker 3: He was so obsessed with it, and the joke was that he wanted to get.
Speaker 4: Tattooed across his chest Isuzu Dmax And for some reason, it doesn't sound funny now, but it was so funny at the time, and he'd bring it up at any moment he could, and myself and Ferris just lost it.
Speaker 3: Everyone else was annoyed. At this point, Self and Faris we had a cackle.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's my I'm really enjoying Raymond. I think ray Ray's a lot of fun enjoying him on the show. And I saw him in the city the other day, but I'm not really allowed to talk to contestants. So he cut his hair and there was no blonde in it, and I was like, it's like, oh my god, that's that's Raymond. I was like, I feel like I want to say hello.
Speaker 3: And was that in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It was in Melbourne yet, and so I had to let him just walk. He literally was right in front of me and spoke to the person next to me and then walked away.
Speaker 2: And I was like, don't worry, Ben, You'll get your chance to talk to Raymond. Yeah. Will He's the best.
Speaker 4: He's honestly so beautiful, and he only lives an hour from me, so we catch up quite a bit.
Speaker 3: It was so cute.
Speaker 4: He took a trivia We went to trivia at his local pub and played and our team name.
Speaker 3: This is hilarious.
Speaker 4: Our teen name was ass, so the joke is still running.
Speaker 1: I just I thoroughly enjoyed chatting to you today. I think that you are breath of fresh air, and thank you for chatting with me, but also thank you for going on Survivor and being so fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks Ben.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just grateful for the experience, and I just really enjoyed the whole thing and I can't wait to do it again, hopefully one day