Speaker 1: Big day yesterday, Oh big day.
Speaker 2: And the competition hasn't even started.
Speaker 1: Well, it has the qualifying has and the competition with us on the pickleball court.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. V randoms V randoms. Yeah, we were just about to back up, and then we saw these guys leaving the gym, and we thought, you want to challenge, you want to throw down.
Speaker 1: You're reflexing. You were giving it the sabalanca bicep case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I started a match.
Speaker 1: That's how you started the match. And then they were they're training someone who's in qualifying, and so they were using the gym. They were kind of pro, and one of them told us that he is a paddle basically a pro paddle player, and he was really talking a big game.
Speaker 2: He was really talking it up, and then he said, I don't do the overseas competitions, which doesn't reflect in my ranking. And I'm like, okay, we're already making excuses for us exactly, Hi, if you're listening, we dominated, We actually don't. I think it was like eleven one, eleven one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was fair with and without wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we switched sides of the court, so that kind of uh, accreditated. How do you say accredit credit, accreditators, accreditation?
Speaker 2: What are you trying to say? I don't know what you need?
Speaker 1: The court that the that's just for Yeah, the pickleball court that we have access to.
Speaker 2: Oh, we have to No one else has access to it.
Speaker 1: No, we have to.
Speaker 2: Go through a kitchen.
Speaker 1: That's what I was trying to say. That only the accreditators do.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, US accredits credit. Okay, only people with a special pass you can get into this pickaball.
Speaker 1: Court, that's right. So but all comers we will take on. Yeah, as long as you're accredited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will stand outside the gym and pick you off.
Speaker 1: Well. Actually, my first day walking into the grounds yesterday, Oh yeah, I was walking in I live in the neighboring suburb to the Australian Open Grounds and a lady saw me wearing my lanyard and she said, hey, how do I get into the Australian Open And I was like, oh, the entrance. You just got to walk this way for fifteen minutes and then it's right there. And she was like, okay, well I'll follow you. And I was like, all right, am I obligetting to talk to this woman. Now for the fifteen minute walk.
Speaker 2: Did she just lag like in your wake? Was she just this is when flip street?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so I immediately put headphones back in.
Speaker 2: Which I was like a signal.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And then I noticed she was not moving that fast okay, and I meant to wait, what's the I.
Speaker 2: The people pleaser me would have like chatted to her. I would have been talking I probably. Yeah, I would have done everything for this woman. I would be next minute doing her wash ship.
Speaker 1: Because at one point I looked back and she was a blip on the horizon.
Speaker 2: Oh did you run? I was sprinting.
Speaker 1: I was like, follow me, and then I sprinted you freak and I kicked her crutches. No, so I was That was my first kind of awkward social moment, like just walking into the tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's a good omen, isn't it? So thinking for Mike still hates people at all.
Speaker 1: If she could keep up, it would have been a different story. But true. But I hope she made it in the end. And I've been I've been looking at missing persons.
Speaker 2: Reports see if she's if she went into the river.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, a big day for us yesterday.
Speaker 2: Walking for us good vibes yesterday, vibe twenty nine thousand people? Is that correct? Is that the correct fact?
Speaker 1: Twenty nine that's huge, twenty nine thousands. And we also got twenty nine thousand downloads of our first stab whoa, I made that up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. We also got twenty nine thousand complaint emails.
Speaker 1: Actually, I know there was a complaint about me not being Ozzy. Oh yeah, I've been here for twenty years.
Speaker 2: You've got a passport.
Speaker 1: I've got it citizenship, Yeah, passport, Im not can if people feel more comfortable, I can do it in my best Aussie accent.
Speaker 2: Oh, go for it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey yah, yes, pat Rafta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love him. I'll do mine as well.
Speaker 1: Shake Check's got Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if I can handle that. Maybe I could do it in my American accent as well. Yeah, I just did it talking about like I'm hang on, let's get into it. I'm doing it now. I'm from New York.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I think you've gone mob boss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well look at this tracksuit. This is what I'm wearing.
Speaker 1: Also, we forgot to establish yesterday that you've set up a Rayah account. Oh yeah, for the duration of the tournament.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, I fired it up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh so it was already it already existed and it's laid dormant for quite a quite a while, and I thought, you know what, I'll give the podcast some content.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I fired it up. You're not really allowed to talk about it publicly. You can't even screenshot.
Speaker 1: So Riya's like fight club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, okay, who's on?
Speaker 1: You can't So if you meet a tennis player on here, you can't even tell us about it. No.
Speaker 2: I of course I had to bring it up on the pot. Are you serious? That's the only thing that this is good for.
Speaker 1: Have you had any hits from that tennis world?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know who I've had a hit from. And I don't know if I can bring this up. A tennis guy did like my profile and I looked him up. He's sixty years old.
Speaker 1: Oh and a coach. Basically, what I'm hearing is you're getting hit on by Todd Woodbridge.
Speaker 2: Nah. No, it's an overseas guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, did he send you a message or it's just all.
Speaker 2: Like they like you, you have to like them back and then you can start talking right right, right, and.
Speaker 1: For anyone who doesn't know, Riya is the tender for people who think they're better than.
Speaker 2: You, Yeah, pretty much. You have to be invited on. And I think overseas it's quite cool. He Actually there's like really good people on there. But in Australia, so good commercial real estate ages all right, Yeah, footy players it's not great.
Speaker 1: Players might be all right, yeah, but a commercial real estate agent, yeah it's so good.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, when the tennis comes through, usually there's a few tennis players.
Speaker 1: All right. So I think that the main objective is with your Riyah account or the Australian Open, is you get a date with the tennis player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully, and then you know, film it.
Speaker 1: And then we're going to film it everything and I'm going to be the chaperone.
Speaker 2: I'd actually love that show.
Speaker 1: Perfect Tennis, Welcome to pod Labor Arena. There's a lot of chat before we got into it. And of course I am My Goldstein and as all of us, I have the Venus villains, Serena, Lizzy.
Speaker 2: Who what a day?
Speaker 1: Yes, huge turnout. Oh Bernard Thomic is back.
Speaker 2: I know he won his qualifying match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think I'm excited. Yeah, Bernie bring him back so much potential. You know, he was huge for a while.
Speaker 2: It was huge. I just I just remember his car. Do you remember his car?
Speaker 1: I know he got caught speed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like orange. Was it orange? Or Am I getting that mixed up with curiosity?
Speaker 1: No? It's probably that sounds right. Yeah it was orange atomic at an orange car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was orange and orange bmw. Oh yeah, why do I remember that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I don't want to remember that.
Speaker 1: If Bernie hit you up on Rayah and was like let's hang.
Speaker 2: Out, I'd be like, I'm busy. I got a one point slim to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do.
Speaker 2: Actually, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: We're competing in the one point one.
Speaker 1: What do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 2: It's not not together right?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if we're playing against each other. Yeah, if that's true, and judging by how many times you hit me with the ping pong ball yesterday, we should we should try and involve, like if you lose the point, I get to hit a tennis ball. Yeah, and vice versa. Deal are right? In today's headline calls a bunch of things to talk about Lizzie Uh. As we mentioned before, there was the sable Anca celebration kissing the Yeah I like it. Yeah, yeah, she's got out of cheat. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And but she she it was done because a player said that she had too much testoster.
Speaker 1: Oh is that why?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, that's what they're assuming, right, But then they asked her about it and she said, no, I just was strong in that game pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been told I have too much estrogen.
Speaker 2: Really too much?
Speaker 1: So which should I kiss.
Speaker 2: My ass?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean it is a pretty cool celebration. I think only she could pull it off. I think if anything male player did it, you'd be like, what a what a douche? Really, don't you think?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like my players celebrate like male footballer is do that like the flex yeah all the time, and whenever they do it. I think I have never once in my life won anything and wanted to do.
Speaker 1: That, right, just like flex?
Speaker 2: What what about? I don't see tennis players really doing it, but it'd be.
Speaker 1: Cool to do the kissing the bicep thing and like everyday life, like when you pick up your coffee, Yeah, you just like they call your name and you walk up and we'll yeah, that's my ice latte with soy milk.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. I'm going to do it in the one point slam. Oh you should actually when I lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Cocky Nucus has a new injury. Yeah, did well last night.
Speaker 1: He won his first round match in the Adelaide tournament. That's currently happening. I hope it's not serious.
Speaker 2: No, I want to see him play.
Speaker 1: What other body part can he have implanted?
Speaker 2: Because it's a shoulder niggle, so we need to get him a shoulder right, but he.
Speaker 1: Had an Achilles tendon in the packs or what and maybe an a c L and the shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, something like a hip hip flexor in the shoulder.
Speaker 1: A glute muscle in the shoulder.
Speaker 2: This is all very medical.
Speaker 3: Yes, old butt shoulders like dunk and dunk on his shoulder, but do all.
Speaker 1: Right for us. Also, like I play a bit of tennis. When I do. I recently played Australian comedian icon some might say Dave Hughes and I'm generally beat husy, you know, convincingly convincingly Yeah, And I love to see Hughesy get mad because oh yeah. He's so competitive, really, and he's screaming at himself and everyone knows it's him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does he say? What's his talk?
Speaker 1: I can't say it on him, We'll have to bleep it out. But there's a lot of sea bombs and really yeh, but he's great, Like he's he's so competitive. But we played the other day and he beat me six four six zero six zero delta bagel by Dave.
Speaker 2: I know, did you just like completely choke in that second set?
Speaker 1: I thought I was playing okay, but I've never seen the man move quicker in my life.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And then I was talking to him on change of ends and I was like, what's going on. He's like, I'm on this new ADHD medication and I'm like okay, and like you meant meant to take how many a day? And he's like two to three. I was like, how many have you taken? He's like about eight. I don't care if this is out there. There's just this gray blur on the other side of the course, just running. I couldn't get it past him. And now, like, because when I beat him, he's messaging me. The next day we got to play. We gotta play. And now that he's beaten me and my message like we got to play again? No response? What radio silence?
Speaker 2: Do you think he's playing someone else?
Speaker 1: No? I think he wants to maintain his Oh that's it.
Speaker 2: He wants to go out on a high. Yeah, he's run out of prescription.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's run out of his meds. He's going to have to take ten next time, and then it'll be my problem when his heart explodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're got to that quote.
Speaker 1: Oh fucking can you do? Hughsy, wonderful crowd.
Speaker 2: Of my line, this is the best of her hat.
Speaker 1: You're going into hubee.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. Have a Eusy impersonation. I think I feel like every comedian does.
Speaker 1: That's a good character, hughesy her catch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's a combination of this frail.
Speaker 1: Dave Hughes You're wonderful crowd.
Speaker 2: That's incredible about Okay? All right?
Speaker 1: Looking ahead to the Australian Open Tournament. It's going to be a big one. I think it's going to be the best ever and.
Speaker 2: I'm on ever in general?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that because we're here, Yeah, we're a part of it.
Speaker 1: People are talking about US.
Speaker 2: Oh so many?
Speaker 1: Who are why are they here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are they doing?
Speaker 2: Do they know anything about tennis?
Speaker 1: No? But I I do think the Australian Open, and this is my unbiased opinion. I think it's the best of the Slams.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 2: Have you been to all of this?
Speaker 1: The US A bunch and I've been to Wimbledon. Yeah, I just haven't been to the.
Speaker 2: French okay, yes, particular reason.
Speaker 1: I would look bad in a Panama head.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that head. It's not fitting much.
Speaker 1: Is this going to be a running gag of a huge head? Maybe that's fine? Sorry, no, no, that's fair. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's record prize money this.
Speaker 1: Year singles champs collect four point one five million each.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what would you do with four point one million? Still quit? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Still quit quit? Yeah, I'm quitning.
Speaker 1: It's good to know you have that Asian work ethic.
Speaker 2: I am half what so it kicks in every now and then. But yeah, I think i'd quit go on a holiday. Oh yeah, I'd go and see all the Slams.
Speaker 1: I mean Australian Open. It said they're going to send us to all the Slams. Yeah, I did hear. That is that right, Shannon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beat on the street.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean I'll go. I'll do it for whatever. If I have to oil up Bernie, I'd love to say that. So yeah, I've been a very enthusiastic punter at previous events. You get angry, vocal, well, yelling stuff out at a tennis match. It's prime for getting a big laugh.
Speaker 2: Oh and we love big love.
Speaker 1: I love big laughs, we do. But it's also a prime for bombing in front of more people than Yeah, you've ever bombed in front of Okay, But I used to one of my very good friends, Paul Hancock, who lives in Sydney's an absolute tennis freak and we would go every year to the Australian Open and yell stuff out, try to get a laugh. And we were in rod Labor in a first round match. Nadal was playing somebody and absolutely killing him. It was like six to oho, six to oh four zero and uh he yelled out, hanging their rafa and it killed right, like huge laugh. Whatever capacity is Rod Labor, you know, and uh and then he nudges me and he was like, you'll never get a laugh from that many people at once. Yeah, brutal right, and I was like, all right, yeah, yeah, pretty good, pretty good. And then we were watching a match on one of the outside courts. Gael mon Fees play Doggopolov. His first name Alexander. He was playing Alexander Dogoppolov, and uh, who people used to call Doggie? Right, there's the dog dog Appolof. And so I told my my friend. I was like, you should yell out I love your doggy style. And he did and it did not go well at all, I know, but oh I relished. People were looking like, ugh, is this guy tasteless? So still about once or twice a year I'll message my buddy and say, I love your doggy style.
Speaker 2: Do you have any crowd etiquette rules?
Speaker 1: Look, I think we should start letting people in, even when it's not change events. Right. Oh, we're treating the players a little too preciously. Let people walk in.
Speaker 2: But people are so distracting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, why do we have to act like you're so special as a tennis player?
Speaker 2: Yeah? True, any other sport. Like you see a golf with tea off and there's like a thousand cameras in their face and everyone's whispering and talking.
Speaker 1: Exactly and the golf gets rowdy.
Speaker 2: Now it does, yeah, Rory's wife.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I think I've seen a few things happen in a crowd that maybe beyond the pale one. I was at a at the Hopman Cup in Perth with my old man, uh and Goldstein, doctor Goldstein.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, yeah, thank you again, doctor Goldstein.
Speaker 1: He uh sees American, right, And so he was unfamiliar with the ketchup packets.
Speaker 2: Oh that stumps everyone.
Speaker 1: Do you know the twisty ones where it's like the little packet and couple squeeze. Yeah, yeah, so you squeeze so it comes out. But he thought it was twisty, right, and so he went to twist the ketchup packet tomato sauce. Sorry, I'm not ausy, but I am, oh the tomato sauce. And so instead of squeezing, he twisted and the ketchup sprayed all over the shirt, the white T shirt of a like ten year old kid sitting in front of us. Absolutely doused the shirt and the kid unknowing well, it took a minute for it to seep in far enough for him to feel it. Okay, And before that happened, because we were sitting pretty far up and there was a crowd of people obviously behind us. Everyone was losing it left because everyone saw this happen. It was a boring match, and they this was like the highlight of forever. Yeah, but then the kid felt it seep in and he starts like kind of grabbing and.
Speaker 2: So so you didn't tell him straight away.
Speaker 1: I was taking pictures. I'll send the picture through to our producer. We'll get it up right. And then but my dad, you know, being a good man, he went and bought the kid a new Roger Federer T shirt.
Speaker 2: What. Yeah, that's a win.
Speaker 1: That's a win.
Speaker 2: What do you what do you think of the person in the crowd that wants to clap last?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know that person? No, like you know, you know when they and it's like there's one person they just try and be the.
Speaker 1: Is there a last clapper?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing? Or is that just me?
Speaker 1: Ace?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: But you know, one of our guys, he's the last clapper. We didn't ask who has the clap?
Speaker 2: A man?
Speaker 1: So have you been a guilty of being the last clapper? No?
Speaker 2: I hate those people.
Speaker 1: Okay, Australians in every country besides the US, has good chance.
Speaker 2: At the tennis what Oh, sorry, Australians don't have good you do? We do not, you don't think so we are a chanceless nation. We have the most terrible chance.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's fine, No, it's enough if I we cannot be doing anymore. Oh right, so what's your I don't have any I have absolutely no alternatives. But we've got to do something better than.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a challenge. Okay, for the next part, we'll think of new chance. We will because the US is just USA.
Speaker 2: But that sounds so cool, cool, yeah, non American. When you hear a cropping, look you that's like what what you watched as a kid on the movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because well, I've only seen people be very annoyed when I chant USA, like when I pick up my coffee and then kiss my biceps.
Speaker 2: Wrong time. You know what else? I don't like the chat where they're like, let's go, whoever, let's go. I'm like, oh, really nice, We've got to be better.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's like straight from primary school.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Lizzy, let's go.
Speaker 2: It's an uninspiring chance. If I was playing tennis and someone did that to me, I'd be like bess Off. I think I get really angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, all right, welcome back to pod Labor Arena. We have our first ever interviews. Eliza West is here. It's so good to have you here. Would you call it yourself a tennis influencer.
Speaker 4: I feel like influences a dirty word it is, but I'll go with content creator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, cleaner, I respect you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You do a lot of stuff with tennis fashion, yes, reviewing it.
Speaker 4: I have always been into tennis fashion, but I try to bring people into tennis through my love of on court fashion, and I think that's been very culturally relevant over the last few years with the rise of Athlesia where and tennis becoming culturally relevant in the movies and our TV shows, and people loving tennis fashion as lifestyle. So I've kind of been able to ride the wave with it being trendy.
Speaker 5: At the moment.
Speaker 1: Did you like the movie Challengers The Outfit?
Speaker 4: It was a funny watch. I thought the way they filmed it was really entertaining. I didn't really love the ending.
Speaker 2: Though, No, I don't think anybody did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone laughing when they jumped over the net. Yeah spoilers, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You haven't seen it by now, then that's your fault exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was, you know, stylishly directed and you know, fun to watch. It's hard not to judge the tennis in it.
Speaker 4: It is, and I feel like people who are tennis fans and play tennis, we are extremely judgmental of tennis movies. I think to the average eye, it probably did look really good and was much better than other tennis movies. But I know, for example, even the poster of Zendea serving got trolled a lot on tennis Twitter, So it kind of depends on who you ask. But for the tennis purists, I think they could have done a better job Zendaya's grip.
Speaker 1: The pancakes us so good to have you in here. We had a recent fashion f PA. Well, first of all, we should get you to rate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what do you think of my my outfit?
Speaker 5: No, I genuinely told you I liked it this morning.
Speaker 4: I actually took a picture of that outfit at the Much store yesterday.
Speaker 5: I was going to post it as Liza Approved.
Speaker 2: So you have made my day?
Speaker 1: Have I Liza Approved? I'm in track pants and a T.
Speaker 5: Shirt and the official dress up A bit.
Speaker 1: More yeah, what would you do?
Speaker 5: I think we could add some colors. I think we go with a hat.
Speaker 1: Maybe a better looking guy.
Speaker 5: Let's have nothing to do with.
Speaker 1: Oh my, that's good.
Speaker 2: So who do you who is your best dressed player or who do you think your top this tournament, or just general, who's the most stylish?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think in kind of ten history, the conversations usually always revolve around Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams, and I think they were lucky in that era of Nike really wanting to push the boat out, giving them their own collections, designing specifically for them and their taste, and those dresses have been iconic ever since they came out, and I think a lot of tennis fans wish that Nike would bring those lines back.
Speaker 5: But I also really like kind of going.
Speaker 4: Back into tennis fashion history and looking at a lot of the women who've kind of paved the way, like CHRISI Ever with a lot of her outfits and styles, and then looking back at what Adidas used to do with Steffi Graff. So I think in general, modern tennis fashion kind of twenty eighteen onwards has been disappointing for the fashion purists. But I'm hoping that the tide is starting to change and we're seeing new brands enter in and I think people are seeing that there's an opportunity to kind of take on the giants while they're sleeping and get get things moving with kind of new styles and new looks.
Speaker 1: Right, Because I've come across the free content before where you're writing people's outfits for whatever slam is taking place. Has anyone ever complained or been reached out and said, hey, maybe don't trash our gear or our new look.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's happened on multiple occasions.
Speaker 4: I think I sent your X into a tailspin two years ago with AO when I said their dress looked like an air freshener, and I think they had a whole board meeting about what an air freshman was.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: In Japan, they weren't quite sure what I was talking about, and I think I caused a bit of a headache there. I know some players hate to see me coming, but my answer is always, you know, I'm trying to push you to be better, trying to push the brands to kind of, you know, consider different styles and really consider how things look on TV. Because I think A lot of what's designed is maybe they're looking at, you know, the colors of the court and how something looks in person, but a lot of the time that doesn't translate to digital and how we're looking on it on TV.
Speaker 5: So I really want the.
Speaker 4: Players to be able to use it as AMMO with their brands and be like, look, this person's trashing my outfit.
Speaker 5: And you have to do better.
Speaker 1: You're trying to help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in my own way, Tennis.
Speaker 2: True, Frank Rose, we need to get here.
Speaker 1: There was a recent fashion for We discussed it on yesterday's podcast. I think we have it here if we queue up, it's a I think you've seen this already seen this?
Speaker 5: Oh yes, it hurts, hurts straight up.
Speaker 1: What type of person do you think could pull that outfit off? If not stuff on us, it's pers.
Speaker 5: Maybe Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I see Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's you know, he's a tracksuit kind of guy. He would rock that at the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But other than that, Lizzie suggested that he stole it off like sixty year old Miami grandma.
Speaker 2: You know, I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't be surprised given how Stephane Rolls.
Speaker 2: They had a light night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he's got the he's got the knee cock out. Can you say that?
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: His knee that's a real one. It's a little knee flap. Yeah, that's what I'm trying to get it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It might be comfortable. He probably traveled long haul and then, but still that's a flex of an outfit.
Speaker 5: It's unnecessary. Yeah, especially for a travel outfit.
Speaker 4: You know, if this was maybe Halloween time, it would be the right choice.
Speaker 1: This says to me. His dad isn't bullying him enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has bad friends. Yes, no one said you cannot maybe don't do this outfit.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously we looked up some of the fashion pho pause from yesteryear, the big one that usually comes up as Augusty and George.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I couldn't play in denim.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You know people are calling for that to come back. Really, Yeah, that's really How do.
Speaker 2: You feel about mat No?
Speaker 4: I didn't mind it when Serena Williams did the Denham skirt. I thought that was kind of cool. I think we could see a modern innovation of Denham, right, Yeah, that look was so iconic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that up on the screen for anyone watching, but it's she's denim skirt and then long socks. Yeah, and it just looks tough.
Speaker 4: It does look tough, but she can put it off. I think the problem with the jawts is that short shorts, you know, went so out of style and you can't possibly think of doing like a longer jean short. But now short shorts are kind of coming back, So maybe a whole garuna or a Mahuchwood rocket jean short.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He loves his tiny little shorts, he does. He's got the quads for it, he does. I mean, do you think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I ever play professionally.
Speaker 2: Today, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Go as chaps up.
Speaker 5: I'm sure the fans will love it.
Speaker 1: Eliza, what did you think of Grigor Dimitrov's outfit from the twenty twenty Australian Open.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul Gregor, I think I posted a meme about that a lot of while ago. That was definitely a mess, and I'm glad he's since moved on with Lacoste and they have done a great job with both his.
Speaker 5: On court and off court style.
Speaker 4: I think that's what's special about Lacoste is that they're the only brand that does runway and on court looks, and so the players that they've picked can kind of do both in terms of the styling, which I think is special not just for the lacost brand, but also yeah, for the legacy of kind of tennis fashion history that that continues with both the runway looks and on court looks.
Speaker 1: All right, correct? What more outfit to ask you about? And I was unaware with this one, even though I watched a ton of tennis. The Venus Williams Lingerie outfit.
Speaker 5: You know, Venus is another one of those personalities that I think she can kind of.
Speaker 4: Get away with whatever it is that she decides to wear on court, even if it does not look the best for the rest of us. I just love that Venus always wanted to express her own identity through fashion, and that she left big brands early on and started her own lines while she was still very much an active player. And I hope to see more players either get their own lines with a bigger brand or start their own clothing companies, because I think tennis is such an expression of your own personality, the way you play tennis, the way you are competing, and that should also be reflected in kind of how you look and how the costume that you're wearing. So I think if she, you know, felt excited and comfortable with it, go for it. In terms of like Liza approved, I wouldn't put that on.
Speaker 1: My well, I got suggesting that all the women should wear laundering.
Speaker 2: Oh one more, what about the new Osaka Ao fit? Have you seen the rumored one I have?
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not opposed to the color away. I am opposed to the dangling roughly parts.
Speaker 2: You know what it's telling me?
Speaker 5: Great barrier reef and that's like kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: And like jellyfish sort of thing going on. The colors. I don't mind it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's for me.
Speaker 4: It's better than what we saw at US Open, So I'll take it. That was two years ago. The outfit at the US Open this year was kind of the poofy, almost jellyfish like sky. It just didn't look comfortable to play in. But again, she's another one of those plays is that she's reflecting her culture. She's reflecting her interest in things like anime and stuff that she likes off the court, so I respect that she's always putting a lot of thought and effort into what she's wearing. And even if it's not my cup of tea, I like that she gets the conversation going on fashion and tennis, and I'm all for bringing people into the world of tennis through any means possible, And if they like watching her because of her outfits, then I'm happy with that.
Speaker 1: Great You're here on behalf of the Serve podcast, I am with Andy Roddick. Yes, Andy always wore a backwards hat a lot of the times, especially when playing. He still will rock it from time to time. Yeap, is there an age where a man can no longer wear a backwards hat?
Speaker 4: One of my most popular series on Instagram was how to Dress Like a Hot Man in Tennis, and one of my rules about backwards hats is you just have to be a really good tennis player to be able to do it. Count Andy kind of has that, and he's not allowed to wear Advisor ever again. Okay, I hate I hate many advisors.
Speaker 5: I'm really sorry. It's just like never.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you think capri pants should come back?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Definitely, not hard No.
Speaker 1: Eliza Wes. Thank you so much for being on the p Yeah, I really appreciate it. Anything else you want to plug or.
Speaker 4: Follow along on served social media channels and my own handle it's lies as well and always happy to chat tennis, fashion and everything else that goes on with it.
Speaker 5: So thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Eliza here on pod labor Arena. To wrap up every episode, we play a one point slam of our own, but it's the ping pong version on the tiny little table over.
Speaker 5: There are a million dollars on the line, but.
Speaker 1: If you lose, you have to give us a million dollars.
Speaker 2: And you'll have it.
Speaker 1: So I think it'll be between you and Lizzie. Tokay, So decide to decide who serves. We're gonna do rock paper scissors, whatever you want to call it. What do you say?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So on three rock papers, she got you.
Speaker 1: All right, Lizzie served my serve.
Speaker 2: I got served yesterday and I lost no pressure.
Speaker 1: Here we go, all right, Here we are at the one point slam around to Lizzie who versus Eliza West. Lizzy has won the serve and we'll take us away. Oh, Lizzie gets the cheap point. Eliza won all the warm up points Lizzy Wait wait wait there's more what the pain pong elements? And oh god, she went easy. That was pathetic from Lizzie, who she showed didn't hold back on me, but