Speaker 1: The christ Jian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, good Wood Street. Wretchmen, this is the christ Johan o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, welcome to show number thirty five. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show here on God one four point three. Good morning, Tuesday morning, three minutes past six. So where only you like?
Speaker 3: Is this week eight into the new show? Yes it is.
Speaker 4: This is eighth wake.
Speaker 2: Thank you. And obviously sometimes you know, when you're working with someone for the first time, as you go along, you know, you find stuff about them and I just casually chat to Jack nothing to do with the show, and this happens quite a bit where I mentioned something which is very very popular and out there. There's nothing odd about it or unusual. And yet it's like I've said to Jack, have you tried levitating? I saw there was a dim sum which you've still never had it, Like I was saying, have you tried eating gold?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Then I just mentioned if he's aware of beef jerky and does he like beef jerky. It's like I've just mentioned another language.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm aware of it. I know it exists as a product. I've just never put it in my mouth.
Speaker 2: You ever tried beef jerky, Pats, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 5: It's disgusting. How like chewing on leather?
Speaker 2: No, it's not beautiful?
Speaker 3: Tried out like biltong.
Speaker 5: No, you're not missing out.
Speaker 4: I won't have it after that warning, thank you, Pat.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it's beautiful. The reason why I asked him casually to join Pat's news there about beef jerkys because of an email I've got in front of me and I needs to get distracted. We've been talking this week on the show about sticking it to the man.
Speaker 3: You want of the rare.
Speaker 2: If you're sticking it to the man, you want the rare, lucky people who slipped between the gaps in life.
Speaker 3: We're all in the matrix.
Speaker 2: We're on the system, and sometimes you get away with not paying for something and no one knows about it. You're not deliberately doing it, but you're just getting away with it. So we called it sticking it to the man. I get this great email from Will If you ever hear someone the show and you can't call it at the time, you can email me weeks later. It's called late to the party. Christian, late to the party. Talk about sticking it to the man. I've got a great story. I have my own beef jerky company. It started as a hobby making it home, and it grew and grew until I decided to take a three month sabbatical, unpaid from work, to see if it could become a full time thing. After three months, I went back to work. Within two weeks, I hand it in my four week notice to quit and take the plunge going full time making beef jerky.
Speaker 3: This gets great, This, this story is like something of a movie.
Speaker 2: Well, it seems my manager never put the forms into HR and what's more, half the company didn't even know I've been away for three months, so they continued paying me. He left the company after job for three months anywhere I'm going to go three months, guys see, and he still got paid.
Speaker 5: It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Christian. I failed to mention some that I've been receiving my wagages each month despite not being there or doing the job and on unpaid sabbatical. Leave This money helped me set up the business. Not just that. When I left, they even let me sell back my unused holiday days, so I got to stick it to the.
Speaker 3: Man even more.
Speaker 2: And the bumper last pay packet which set my business up, which I now do full time, is going great. Will Yeah, it's just sticking it to the man. You are a hero. I love these stories. So I have you got any stories about sticking it to the man where you maybe not doing it on purpose, work in the system, but you're getting away with it. Let me know this morning nine four one four.
Speaker 1: One oh four three the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, So one of this morning on nine four one four one oh four three. Things you've been getting away with not having to pay for stuff? How you've been sticking it to the man? Nine four one four one oh four three On Thursday show, right about this time we will have a team of amateur paranormal experts hoping to chat to little Timmy. This is the ghost that become aware of in the last week in this radio station, and it's spooking me out. I gotta be honest, stuff like this unsettles me, so the ghostbusters are coming in. There's a whole team of them. They're gonna have a look round. They're going to report back to us whether or not they think there is a ghost here. I'm here reports there might be several ghosts. I don't know what they're all doing here. Is this an ancient thing or and it's used to be a factory? Shirt factory did in this building?
Speaker 4: It was, And I was skeptical myself until this morning.
Speaker 2: I even told us about this.
Speaker 4: I've already had a paranormal activity happened to me since being here today.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know we all smelt it from the toilet, but old joke. I've got no shame. Sorry. So what happened?
Speaker 4: Timmy called the lift for me this morning? I walked it into the building, no one else around, and the lift opened and said level one. Oh, how did that happen if I did not press the button?
Speaker 3: Well, I tell you how that happened.
Speaker 2: Actually, But you said brand every morning when he gets a lift up, right, Yeah, I don't never seen himone else do this. This is a really nice touch. And he knows that people are coming into this building. He presses ground and sends it back down.
Speaker 4: Oh, that will make sense because Brad was just a few paces the head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were ahead of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so's to bump that theory.
Speaker 2: Yes, Timmy, Yeah he's not calling the lift. No, he's not going on the list, so he's not he's not in the lift. However, went around yesterday chatting people work here, and we have some more Timmy stories. If you are easily scared, turn the radio down now. This is horrifying.
Speaker 6: We couldn't explain how so we always thought it was Timmy the ghost.
Speaker 7: I only heard noises Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: I've heard he looks around.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it was Timmy, but I've definitely seen a ghost a ghost.
Speaker 5: So one time I was walking into.
Speaker 7: The building and there's a glass store that you have to walk through with the security pass and I saw a figure behind me. I saw a shadow, So I turned around to see who it was and there was no one there, no one there.
Speaker 8: There was a noise.
Speaker 5: It sounded like it could be a flute or something. It was really eerie.
Speaker 6: My old boss many years ago here when she used to leave to lock her office and she had the one only key for her office. On multiple occasions she would come in the morning and all of a picture frames were flat down. They were all being pushed over, and the other sort of war sort of art and everything else was always off the ward falling off the water during the night.
Speaker 3: Come on, that's chilling.
Speaker 2: How I want to relax and do the show now?
Speaker 4: Rumor is Timmy used to work in this building.
Speaker 3: There's quite a few ghosts of people used to work.
Speaker 5: In this building, skeletons in the closet, hell.
Speaker 3: Of a lot of ghosts used to work in this building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he plays a flute. I think the rumor is that his mum reached up to get something off a shelf and dropped the flute on his head. And where did you hear that from? Simon?
Speaker 2: Not that really? Really is that the story of that's that's that's just how did he find that out?
Speaker 4: I made up the flute bit, But the truth is some machinery fell on him, right.
Speaker 2: The chilling thing about those stories we heard there a couple of things. One, you know, the picture frame has been placed face down, and then they had a boss here who had art on the wall. I mean, that's not this radio station now, a boss. They paid that much money that they could afford that fine art collection on the wall. That must have been a very very long time ago. Anyway, all happening on Thursday show and the midweek mixed out. We're going to move till Thursday where we pick a theme. You pick all the songs. We're going to do paranormal songs. So have you got any suggestions that watching we'd have in our hour? Head over to Facebook O C one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I think most of us are believe in ghosts. And if you do believe in ghosts, it's probably because you've had an experience. And if you've had a really terrifying experience with something which might be a ghost, who knows what skirt can be explained in the world of the supernatural. I many years ago stayed in a hotel room and had a genuinely terrifying experience, right and I was talking on the radio we went away for a Night's this sound of really old hotel in England and.
Speaker 3: Timmy, it was Timmy, was those flute being dropped down? What the hell was that? Who was that patch?
Speaker 5: I'd bumped the mics.
Speaker 2: It's more of her jewelry, isn't it going on the side. You know, it's one of the sovereign rings she brings in. You know. Sorry, So you were standing in this really old country house hotel and during the night, about one in the morning, I felt a poke in the side of my ribs. But I thought, well, that side is exposed. It's not the side that my wife is on the other side, right, And then it was like it was like it was like a finger and a hand poking me in the ribs so much that I put the lights.
Speaker 3: I thought someone was in the room.
Speaker 4: Pokey ghost talk to.
Speaker 2: Me about it on the Monday, and to get a voicemail from the hotel manager saying, hey, listen God to Bile, we heard your radio sho today. You were talking about that the hotel ghost. Someone should have explained that to you when we checked you into that room. It's a really haunted room, and many many, many guests all talk about who sleep on that side of the bed being poked in the ribs by the ghost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you think you should have mentioned it when we checked in.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't go back to sleep after that.
Speaker 2: It was chilling.
Speaker 3: It was really I was really really scared that.
Speaker 2: I definitely felt a hand go there, there's no other work and explain it.
Speaker 4: They should close that room.
Speaker 2: Well, there was some people. When some people get excited by that, don't they Some people will actually want to go and ask for that room. People are like that, yeah, exactly, like bringing some snackstrom or something like that. At least tiny at the room must be like Haunted room service or something.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, I was saying some way down the line, when we do this midweek mixtape, we should do songs that are play an hour of music only with song titles that have got questions in Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought of another one.
Speaker 2: Songs that have a big old in just the last fifteen seconds, silhe could do a big goal. There are quite a few songs. You don't get a lot of it these days either, and it's spelled h u h with a couple of excamation marks. You know, they must have had that on the lyric sheet. You don't get many new songs with a good old Springsteen's got loads of her songs. You know, I'm pretty sure the Jagger does as well the old rock stars used to. Anyway, the entertainment of the show must now be paused. It is a time for the early early morning game.
Speaker 4: So you may find it the three songs an action the answer you give it to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this thirty morning game. Then this is an original Jack idea. That isn't that original? You know it's been around and radio for a long time, but you you feel like you've come up with a new twist like all the ideas of radio.
Speaker 4: Let's got comparisons, I guess to some other radio games, but I had never really seen it like that before.
Speaker 2: So three song clips, and what do you ask people to listen out.
Speaker 4: For is a common word between either the artist's name or the song title between three songs.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go back to yesterday. This was the clip. You're trying to work out the three song connection?
Speaker 9: Can you kill me?
Speaker 4: What it means?
Speaker 3: So the three tracks there?
Speaker 4: The first one was nine inch nails, then nine to five, then I was only nineteen.
Speaker 2: So two songs with nine in the title, then chuck another one in with yes got four The letters are nine and then teen at the end.
Speaker 3: So what kind of rules are.
Speaker 4: These you're allowed to have a word inside a word? Oh no, no, yeah, now you are. I actually I looked at the official rules last night, and you're allowed to have a word in sea word.
Speaker 2: Gil mc googlins is called. He wants you to start coming up with new rules for the AFL. This is just not we got this great text yesterday. Christian would like where Jack likely paid nineteen dollars an hour and then received nine dollars hour, because according to him, it's pretty much the same, says it better than I could.
Speaker 3: I would not like that, all right.
Speaker 2: So we've got a demo round as always, So Pats and I have a go have a listened to this, Mats, see if you can work out the three song connection.
Speaker 5: I'm so bad at they.
Speaker 4: Do you get any paths?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: You're no? No even did do at the end?
Speaker 2: All right, so sweetest thing you two at the end. Nothing compares to you? Ye boys two men too? Number two?
Speaker 3: Yes, correct, But so you two.
Speaker 2: Is expressed numerically as the number two. Nothing compares to you again, but then boys to men is the Roman numerals.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get panci.
Speaker 4: That's been very picky, I guess they they do use the two ones next to no.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's fine, all right. So here's the here's the one you're trying to guess. Now, if you listen to this mess of a game, here's your one this morning. See you now.
Speaker 4: I can tell you that's hard. But there's no wishy washy rules to be broken with this one. Yeah, plain and simple. All the words are the same.
Speaker 2: To see you, I see you. This one would annoying me. I feel that I'm near it, but I'm nowhere near it.
Speaker 5: I think I've got it, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I see you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to write down what I think they are.
Speaker 4: Give it away, no clues because all right.
Speaker 2: Called it now? Nine four one four one O four three nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 3: The minor prize this week.
Speaker 4: Two tickets to Mission Impossible six.
Speaker 3: The major prize a missen.
Speaker 4: From our good friends over and listen.
Speaker 2: No, if you say, even if you say it's a joke, we have to give it away. Let me ask you again the major.
Speaker 3: If you're buying it, fine, The major.
Speaker 4: Prize is four tickets to Mission Impossible six.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time for this.
Speaker 4: So you may find no speaking three songs connection. The answer you give it to me.
Speaker 2: All right, you're guessing the three song connection Jack for has for us today between these three songs, where to see you? Tough one? I think it's a tough one for Benny Boys up first, come on in, Ben, I'm pretty good, Ben, welcome to the show. What's your what's your guesses? Ah?
Speaker 11: Pretty sure? The common word is Jones.
Speaker 4: Yes, Ben, congratulations Jones. You get two tickets to Mission Impossible for Fallout in Cinema Thursday. But for the major prize, if you can name all three artists and all three songs, then you get to choose between four tickets to Mission Impossible or the Nissen.
Speaker 2: No, No, no one. It's not called Mission Impossible. Okay, that's the first one. So now you want to used to give them tickets to They're the first movie.
Speaker 11: If you go, yes, yes, yes, sorry, guys, Tom Jones, not unusual bang correct, counting crows, Mister Jones.
Speaker 3: Bang the sound face for this, because you haven't got any better.
Speaker 8: Than Jack's bang.
Speaker 11: And then aqua doctor Jones, He's bang bang man.
Speaker 2: Well, done.
Speaker 3: He won the major prize. Buddy, it is impossible.
Speaker 1: That's it, mate, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Busy Show today and hour's time, turn up the radio, Raw book show, those other numpties up and down the dime.
Speaker 3: How you can do it? It is five topic Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It is back Hamis mcgoughlin on in half an hour's time?
Speaker 3: Did he say it?
Speaker 2: Did he not? The phrase that pays? After twenty four hour Stuard's inquiry, We've done the video replay and we can report back in half an hour's time. Before that, we go to the world of Facebook.
Speaker 4: It's the Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 2: Price is right good, Trina shoones on, down past down Christian. Hey, now, okay, so my wife is obsessed with this thing. You might not be even aware that it is on Facebook, but they have their kind of It's a bit of a shabbier version, I saidyone can describe it of eBay. eBay now very slick megabusiness, Facebook Marketplace not that.
Speaker 3: So each week we have a trawl through what's for.
Speaker 2: Sale in Australia on Facebook Marketplace and luck in the price. There's a right style. I read out the items Jack versus. Perhaps you've got to guess how much is going for first? This is an amazing item spotted by If you don't want to play this game, a lot of you love for playing this because you can just do it while you're at work during the lunch break. You just have a little snoop around on Marketplace on Facebook. This comes from one of our spotters, Antonia in New South Wales. Airline chairs a double seat airline chairs. I'm not making this up. How much do you think that will go for?
Speaker 5: Are they first class or economy?
Speaker 2: I would say this is this is first class the kickbacks.
Speaker 4: Airline they're from.
Speaker 12: No, now, you're just being panting.
Speaker 4: Well, if you know, if they're wanted the budget airlines, obviously you would discount it a little bit. I'm going to go three hundred and fifty bucks each, seven hundred dollars total.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna go higher than that. I'm gonna say, hitty.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid they're going cheaper than that. Free ah, but look at the state they.
Speaker 4: Were from, the very first aircraft to ever invented.
Speaker 2: These seats are so old they've got the little ashtray in them. People aren't even people stunned by this that use a bit of smoke complaints And.
Speaker 4: It looks like they tried to re upholster it with just rags and stuff they had around their hair.
Speaker 2: But who's had that and passed it down to someone to pass it down someone to give away?
Speaker 3: Now, I mean it's like from this that.
Speaker 2: Seventies, isn't it least? Okay, that's free? All right, now we go, let's move around, let's go to Uh, it's going to add a springs.
Speaker 3: An outdoors spa comes with a blower and pump.
Speaker 2: Haven't used it, so I don't know if it works. That's really helpful. It's brand new, yep, but we don't know if it works, never used it.
Speaker 5: It sounds like my brother in law, he lives there.
Speaker 3: So how much will we going for this as an outdoor spa like.
Speaker 12: A jacuzzi thing? Yeah, buve ground. I'll say four hundred.
Speaker 3: I suppose those underground ones.
Speaker 4: I guess it could be a concrete one.
Speaker 12: No, but some sitting you know, next to the pool, and others are like the wooden Jacuzi thing.
Speaker 4: Is it wooden or is it like a fiberglass.
Speaker 3: This is fiberglass.
Speaker 4: I will go one thousand dollars one hundred.
Speaker 2: And fifty dollars contact Vincent.
Speaker 5: More details could go with your sauna.
Speaker 3: Ja, do you like mud crabs? Excuse me, sir, do you like mud crabs?
Speaker 2: Let's just say it on right now. She's gotta go by Thursday? Or this stuff up in their canes. I went up there last year for the first time. S great up there Queensland though, feels like a different country within Australia. What I love their solid backcar. The folk up there. When't they just say a sentence to you? It takes an hour of for them to get out. You don't want to do that? I mean, so I've got stuff to do, buddy. Can we pick up all right? Mud crab?
Speaker 3: Sow's got to be gone by Thursday?
Speaker 2: Oh mud? Thirty dollars each first team gets the best ones pick it up Stony Creek.
Speaker 4: Well we know the thirty.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on.
Speaker 5: To this next.
Speaker 2: Let's go to this Toyota coaster bus and actual bus needs a bit of work to get running.
Speaker 12: How much let's not produce a besold one. Is it that she grew up in it.
Speaker 3: Does look a bit like that.
Speaker 4: How many seats there?
Speaker 2: I reckon this is about eighteen seats? How many Toyota coaster bus needs a bit of work to get going?
Speaker 5: Doesn't give how many CA's no, I'll say grand.
Speaker 4: Now cheap because you're going to do all the work yourself. Two hundred and three dollars.
Speaker 3: Pats gets this win as well. Two thousand dollars for.
Speaker 2: An actual bus is going to ow.
Speaker 3: This is a great one. I love this One's a music item.
Speaker 2: This one of a kind custom milk guitar made by me from recycled and repurposed materials and objects Tasmania.
Speaker 4: Okay, what the what's the recycled material and objects?
Speaker 2: I tell you there is? This is his description. There is another one like this around. I've built this one vintage wooden display case and an old steel string guitar I've electrified.
Speaker 3: It sounds pretty good. Make me an offer.
Speaker 5: It's young arms Earnstein's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that like? Is it built out of toilet seats?
Speaker 2: And is a built out of its pretty orthodox actually recycled. How much do we think.
Speaker 3: It's going for?
Speaker 4: I reckon he's overpriced it himself at eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say five hundred.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and twenty. All right, so the winner and that one was anyone keeping scores?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: Perhaps? Yeah, it's more about tap being sold on marketplace.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three seventeen minutes past seven yesterday. I was to in the shop, but the wife of kids away. Normally I've got to be in us, not all those kind of responsibilities I'm left in charge of. As I was wandering around doing the shop and it was me working out.
Speaker 3: No, I just get the cheapo version of that shampoo, cheaper version of that. Don't just get a shampoo and conditioner. Girls need two different mas.
Speaker 4: They're going to come home to a completely home brand house.
Speaker 2: But apart from the lou Roll, because I just suddenly realized about myself, I won't compromise on that. I think there are certain things that if you think about your weekly shop, you don't compromise. For me, lou Roll, I want that triple quadruple ten, ply, I want it. Basically, I want a pillow to what my backside with, or a swan or something you know, like the queen does I suppose she owns all the Swans.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't save money with the small plied toilet paper, the cheap stuff, because you end up just getting more out.
Speaker 3: It's not just that. It's not just that.
Speaker 2: I remember at school we used to have you could barely even call it lou roll. It was kind of like tracing paper, and that's what it was, you know, And often you would have a case where it would break, you know, and you were using it, shall we say, vigorously and anyway, Look, so that's why I guess I'm always looking for a good old fire sheet between me and the business.
Speaker 4: That's why I felt like with those really thin ones, you have to stack it up almost until you've got a chunk.
Speaker 2: Of woods, like you're building another man, aren't you, you know?
Speaker 12: And you need the triple roll because you know, with kids, Christian, what do they do with that stuff?
Speaker 5: Did they eat it?
Speaker 4: He used to almost clog the toilet every time he used a roll per meeting of the toilet.
Speaker 3: You'll get this, Pats.
Speaker 2: As a mum, there are certain things you find yourself saying out loud that you never thought you ever say as a human being. I found myself once yelling at the kids, how much lou Role you getting through?
Speaker 3: Just use four or.
Speaker 2: Five sheets is enough. I don't even know where I came up with this ruling about four or five sheets. I didn't even know how many sheets I use.
Speaker 4: The ultimate toilet paper would be if you could get one that you didn't even have to fold over any sheets, Like it's just thick enough, almost like a t tail thickness. So you just use one of the do.
Speaker 2: You know what need or Musk needs to get his head back in the game and come up with some decent poo roll you know, like a like a high tech mit or something like that, that you just use that and then you shake it off and it disappears into the ether.
Speaker 4: Just shake it off.
Speaker 2: Just listen. I'm not Elon Musk. I'm saying is get over the ties didn't want that submarine and get back in the loo roll industry. That's where you needed, Elon. This is where I think you can get back in the game. I'm actually gonna tweet enol muskul of it. So hey, listen, Musky, wait for you to get back in the game.
Speaker 3: Lou Roll, I wanted you just shove my hand. That's how I want to wave.
Speaker 2: It or just shake it off like a Michael Jackson. What not white glove, but just a glove and it just falls sort of floor. Anyway, jack what do you snow about when you.
Speaker 3: Do your weaker show?
Speaker 4: Mine would be Fluss. I never go with the home brand Fluss because it just breaks too easy. So you gotta go, you gotta go the plush version.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the home stuff is I get the thing of that's the stuff they use out in the factory to package up everything. They've got some left over floss. What this stuff, boss? All this twine floss just stuck in the floss. Perhaps, what's it for you?
Speaker 12: Well, I actually I'm going to go the other end and the cheap stuff I do get.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, I'm not talking about the looto but cleaning products.
Speaker 12: I always get shape cleaning products because they're just as good as the top shelf stuff I reckon.
Speaker 2: No, I now realized yesterday I went from a more expensive one that was Flowers of the Glade. I want to bright, Yeah, yeah, I wanted to flow, not the sprays, No, the old what do you call floor clean a floor? Flowers of the glade. Yeah, anyway, let's this morning when you do your weekly shot. What don't you compromise on? What won't you saved money? On nine one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: They noticed when I was doing my supermarket shop yesterday two things. What is it with when there's a really big queue and it's someone who's got a lot of items and stuff like that, and then finally they get to pay and they go, oh, when I put that wallet? At no point when I'm queuing, I want to know that as soon as they come to me, I'm good to go.
Speaker 3: I'm not letting down the rest of the line.
Speaker 2: Suddenly they're like, oh, oh it's so small. Diddy's got to go for the bank. I saw that one. It's only what purses it in which I put it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, we've been queuing for twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Get the flipping want it ready?
Speaker 3: Have it ready to go?
Speaker 2: Pick it out? And then the other thing is I can't name the supermarket I was in, but had a lot of signs saying official supplier to Master Chef Australia.
Speaker 4: Right, we introduced which one it might be okay.
Speaker 2: No names mentioned here. All Right, the thing is right. You know that TV show MasterChef, Right, that's a good TV show, And I always do that thing where I go, right, guys, you got like a minute, get in the old pantry and they open up that beautifully stocked pantry. They need to do an episode where they go, all right, guys, we open the doors of the supermarket and they've got to leg it around the supermarket to get the products and queue up lot the rest of us do.
Speaker 3: That's the Master Chef challenge I want to see.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this this morning, we've been talking about town, what you don't compromise on, what you won't save money and when you do your weekly shop. For me, it's lou. I was just wondering why there isn't some kind of high tech myt these days. And Jack did a bit of research during the song there, and what have you found out?
Speaker 4: It's a disposable mitten, so not one that you can shake off like you wanted to. And then it's three usable. I won't say the name of it's it's mitten with an s H on the front, clever and use it to wipe your bum and not.
Speaker 3: Only did Jack find out about this. He's found the jingle.
Speaker 2: Try the new word wab shed like midden.
Speaker 3: What happened to us taking out the swear words?
Speaker 4: Oh no, he said mitten. There he rhymes mitten with all.
Speaker 3: Right, let's play again. So a bit worried.
Speaker 2: Try the new word wab shed like midden.
Speaker 3: Shake light right, Sorry, don't get.
Speaker 2: Calm brown handed, don't get.
Speaker 4: Shed black midden, don't get calm brown handed.
Speaker 2: Just pull traw. This is it now, I've got a brand new ere one. That's all I'm going to have in my That all went out, didn't it?
Speaker 3: That one went out? We couldn't get all of them bad toned out.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So every Friday we get Hamish McLaughlin on. We give him a phrase that bay something that we all come up with. He has to work it into his Friday night or over the weekend, just commentary, and he had a tough one on Friday. We built a will of random song lyrics. You donated suggested various song lyrics. We genuinely span it. I thought we're going to fix it at first, because the one I wanted to land, but I went with one of yours. It was this interesting no, no, that's how he did this one.
Speaker 9: Day.
Speaker 2: You don't me So it was the hardest phrase that pays I think so far to try and work that in. So there's been a bit of delay getting it. Hamish is up, wait for some chat in five minutes time. Before that, we did song lyrics last Friday. I've got to start thinking about how we find the new phrase that pays this Friday.
Speaker 3: How do we think we have a brand new wheel off?
Speaker 2: But it's lines from movie Great Dorothy right next step Dorothy. We're not in Kansas anymore. How do you fit something like that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Actually that's not a bad one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, anyway, So hamisus Jaqueland coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Let's get our man up. Hamous McLaughlin, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Hello, Christian Jack producer bread sirt morning.
Speaker 3: All good to be back.
Speaker 2: Yay, great, we've been missing any Boddy and I hope you're well. And listen before we get into the phrase that pays you you're a man in the know. You must know who already is booked for to play the Grand Final out And I mean, like The Killers last year was incredible. This went around the world, so you know, in September last year, I was obviously thinking about all the conversations were going on about emigrating out here, and we even played it on my breakfast show in the UK.
Speaker 3: The Killers, you know from the from the Grand Final. It was incredible.
Speaker 9: You must know who Red Book Flowers at one point last year sort of almost admitted that they were before it was announce So The Killers was an.
Speaker 2: Early leak, but I'm hopingful. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, I asked my older brother often who would he prefer above any other band? And I get a list of four or five and then I say, so who have you got? And he always says, move on, next question. So I actually don't know, but I can promise you'll continue to ask, particularly when he's had a few DRIs.
Speaker 2: I've heard already Jack and I both heard there's some separate rumors that it's Celine Dion.
Speaker 9: Well, it's probably Gillan's last Grand Final, and isn't it.
Speaker 2: My heart will not go on.
Speaker 9: I just don't think she's going to have the punch for one hundred thousand in the middle of the day in Melbourne. But I might be wrong. A few years ago you heard it with some conviction that wasn't I thought you were sort of half having a lend you serious.
Speaker 4: If you sing that. If she does that song from Titanic, it's got that great key change.
Speaker 3: And I think that Jack.
Speaker 9: Revolt could be it's actually a Jack host to full forward Jack Graham. If the tiger's making any Jack.
Speaker 2: He didn't can do the thing at the front of the boat like Leo. I can see that on stage. It'd be a beautiful moment if I on from Brendan Flowers. So who knows, But yeah, we've heard this quite a few people.
Speaker 4: But in all honesty, does Gil know.
Speaker 9: Well, he's the one that took rooms negotiating with Michael Gadinsky. So Michael Gadinsky is the man that basically every brings the entertainment out. And Michael says, you need more money, and goln says, I have none. So they said, al on a cover band, and you know it doesn't always go. I'll tell you one thing that they were very very close to having the Foo Fighters two or three years ago. Such a great everyone had agreed in principle, and then they were doing a show with HBO and they actually weren't allowed out of the contract to come and do the one day. The other thing that I did hear from someone who knows, is that Robbie Williams was offered a lot of money when he was in Sydney to come and play, and he just didn't have the energy to fly from Sydney because he did the world.
Speaker 2: Come, he opened up the world, Come up the bird at the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't want to find an hour from Cydy and Melbourne. Yet he'll die from the UK to Russia to do the World Cup.
Speaker 9: Come when you get the hard word from Vladimir, I think you.
Speaker 2: Just get on the plane.
Speaker 3: Just already put the tickets he's had, he's had the plane.
Speaker 9: Exactly how you quickly? Melbourne, Geelong and this and and all winners on the weekend. We're all having some fun this week. I mean Melbourne, great away Essen and brilliant against Geelong. It's good times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really great.
Speaker 9: Check are your bombers.
Speaker 4: We still got a chance to make it technically got to win all four, but who knows.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you were booking the band or artist. Who would you actually hire to play and do?
Speaker 9: Who would you actually hire personally? I'm I'm a food fighters of Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 4: Man imagine Bruce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go back to the front.
Speaker 9: Okay, now I'm sweating again.
Speaker 2: No, you don't need to come on. All right.
Speaker 3: I always think happy thoughts.
Speaker 2: Think Selene Dian all right, Cleande uncovered it caols me down immediately, thought Selene down. All right.
Speaker 3: So the phrase that pays.
Speaker 2: We had random song lyrics don't enter my listeners on Friday, and this was.
Speaker 3: The one we went for.
Speaker 13: You don't.
Speaker 2: If you don't see me as game as you are, you try to make it work. Sunday Night, Channel seven, let's play about the tape.
Speaker 14: Interesting you here, Luke bear Bridge talk about that's all about contested football and intensity. I mean, how can you have any pudding if you don't you meet. What he's basically saying is it's all about reward for effort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's right. Now, do you know what each week I've pulled it apart. But I have to say that that to me is ten out of ten. I've got no notes. I'm in awe of that I didn't know how you do it. I didn't think you would do it, So that's amazing.
Speaker 4: What are you going to be commended on their ham is that you actually bought it into the football world. You didn't give it context and talk about Pink Floyd and then go on this weird tangent where people start tweeting what the hell's Hambidge McLachlin talking about you actually made it sound like a football?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I'm going to play it back again, just just just enjoy it.
Speaker 14: Interesting you hear Luke bear Bridge talk about that's all about contested football and intensity. I mean, how can you have any pudding if you don't you meet What he's basically saying is it's all about reward for effects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's right. Do you know what I'm going to call that Champagne commentary? It's that good. That's what you do, my friend.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: The honest truth is on Friday, I thought, how am I going to get this in? And I was like a rabbit in the headlights. I could not just move at all.
Speaker 2: And I wake up on.
Speaker 9: Saturday said so this is impossible, and we just sort of she said, well, just you know, you're gonna have to front up on Monday and just say you couldn't do it anyway, just happened and it worked out. Okay, through the grading system. How do we end up? How do we end up?
Speaker 3: Well, this judge is I'm holding up a ten.
Speaker 4: I think you get four points with this one, Haim. The only problem, the only problem is now we know we've got to make it harder, because.
Speaker 3: That's the craziest. But you see, this is what I'm really doing it. Okay, it's an eight, really, but I'm saying ten because.
Speaker 2: Then now we really get the big guns out Friday. How do you feel about what? Build a brand new wheel? It's a wheel of great lines from movies, Chewy, We're home, e t phone home, you refuse, he's getting excited.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 2: What did you break early?
Speaker 9: What did you say, Judy Gallant total, I've got a feeling when you up for that Friday that sounds actually like pretty good fun to be honest. So I'm a massive movie man. But what I do know is our Gold family has got a sense of theater about them. I know that there are going to be phrases that are complicated. But Hannibal lect are probably is going to get a run grava beans and a nice canty.
Speaker 2: To maybe someone the I'm absolutely fifty shas as well up for it.
Speaker 3: I'm as hell.
Speaker 9: And I'm not going to take it anymore.
Speaker 3: We can know this is a performances on probably like it.
Speaker 9: I heard you going to bad break and I was just saying, where is the audience going to go? They're gonna go random, They're gonna go weird.
Speaker 3: But absolutely I'm up here.
Speaker 9: To be honest, this is my favorite part of the week. I have three children and one wife. But of all the things that my own wife, after my family, after your family, after my family, the favorite thing that happens to me the phrase that pays it. I don't get paid for and basically just get ridiculed for it. So no, well I'm up for it.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, this plant out one last time, Hamish and God clin Interesting.
Speaker 9: Here do you guys look for everydge to talk about?
Speaker 14: It's all about contested football and intensity? I mean, how can you have any putting if you don't you made. What he's basically saying is it's all about reward for effect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's right, all right now he's done that. That's really good question.
Speaker 1: O'connall Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three, The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Just thought of another phrase, Mum put on our wheel of great lines of movies for Hamish to work into the commentary live on Channel seven of the weekend. Our pets heads are falling off. It's my favorite lines of that movie. Our pets heads are falling off.
Speaker 3: Alrighty.
Speaker 2: So this week Jack's got some new responsibility and he's been charged with every day coming up with a with a clue to help you win the ten k repeat work day.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we went rhyming if a.
Speaker 4: Pirate and say Arami meetes. They song that will repeat is from the eighties. Now, I had no idea that they were going to play that during the day yesterday, you know, hugging between the music.
Speaker 2: I was in the shop yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: I heard it on that I.
Speaker 4: Don't like that because if you don't say it, if people don't listen to the Breakfast Show and they just listened during the day, they'll think, oh, what's this new palm guy with the pirate boy?
Speaker 2: No I think there's this new funny guy like that. Who's the Why is the other guy pretending to be a pirate? That's on?
Speaker 3: You drag me into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're doing that. I'm not even in it.
Speaker 3: When they replay it, well to be removed by request.
Speaker 4: I have made another pirate clue today.
Speaker 9: You asked me.
Speaker 10: You do it?
Speaker 9: I thought you.
Speaker 2: Stinking up.
Speaker 12: I thought you know there is some there's an international speak like a pirate day. It's an official day.
Speaker 2: Well, now day.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you.
Speaker 4: I'm embarrassed now.
Speaker 2: Don't embarrassed to do it now. I feel bad now to it's a pirate. I'd love to hear that he's upset.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on, come on now.
Speaker 4: This is the second clue for the no repeat.
Speaker 5: Come on the pirate.
Speaker 4: Come on, Armie, there you go.
Speaker 9: There it is.
Speaker 4: If you be a pirate, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Trust me. I know this sounds great. People are loving it now.
Speaker 4: I picture people walking through the supermarket this afternoon and hearing it in the background, and what that pirate boy?
Speaker 5: They're getting their fish fingers.
Speaker 4: If you be a pirate looking for a ten key booty, thy song that will repeat has.
Speaker 2: Been in a movie.
Speaker 5: That was better than Yes Today.
Speaker 2: Thank you Pat Booty movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's some perfect run, but if you're a pirate you can sort of gloss over it.
Speaker 2: Okay, the song has been in a movie in the eighties and the movie was too.
Speaker 3: Let's move on.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, which means at this time on Tuesday morning for Big Topic Tuesday, five Topic Tuesday. This is where we run five phone ins at the same time because I believe, and like most people that run radio stations around the world, that you are smart people and you can handle more than one thought into your huge brains, whereas most people only ever get breakfast shows and radio shows to do one phone in at a time because your tiny brain might explode. I don't believe that whatsoever. These are just so you know that you're here the next five topics. One might grab you, and if you've got a story for it, two may even grab you. Doesn't matter, but there's loads for you to get involved with on the next half an hour on Melbourne's Biggest Phone In now nine four one four, one four to three. Here they are and the Big five for five Topic Tuesday.
Speaker 4: You need some music to play under way?
Speaker 2: I need you need something big?
Speaker 3: When have you got the date wrong? So many people?
Speaker 2: I bet there's stories about when you've got the date wrong. You've turned out to a gig or a show or a wedding and it's the wrong day. Did you miss it? With you two early? What have you broken or done that your parents still don't know about?
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 2: One's called they still don't know, might be ten, twenty, thirty, forty longer than that. Years later, your mom and dad still don't know about something you did as a kid. Maybe you broke something, you did something. I want to hear those stories. Also stories about getting your hands or foot stuck. There's that moment, there's that awful moment of panting. No, you shake it, that the hand and it won't come out. Get mom, Yes, get somebody, get the fire brigade when you've got your hand or foot stuck, Just to give your heads up. Next week it would be heads. I want stories about headsban stuff, but that's next week, not now. How thick is your pet? This comes because my dog, German shepherd dog lost two balls, two pink balls, yesterday. So how thick have you got a slow pet I want to hear about it. And what have you got in your car that if the police pulled you over you'd have some explaining to do. This is after we get getting Jack's car and which is full of just stuff. It looked like you've been robbing areas. You know, it's just full of stuff. A shower head got pulled over? Please are going to go, welly, have you got a shower head in the passenger seas dodgy?
Speaker 4: Because we bought two shower heads. They're both steal in the packaging.
Speaker 2: Been stealing. It does look on Friday night or one in the Saturday morning at one am.
Speaker 4: We just don't know which one to choose, and we've got to keep it in the packaging because one will be returned eventually.
Speaker 2: Well thanks, something to have to sign detail not needed ever again.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're doing five topic Tuesday.
Speaker 2: New thing that we do. We run five phone ins at the same time. You can easy make this work. Melbourne nine four one four one four three is the most important phone number you need. Here's the top It's for you today. Then if you've got anything on these? When have you got the date wrong?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: What store don't they know? I'm expecting great stories with this one. Especially what don't they still know? Something you did as a kid, maybe something you broke. We're just something you did that your mum and dad years later.
Speaker 3: You're now an adult.
Speaker 2: You could tell them. They can't tell you of gos send you to bed early, but the stool don't know about it. When we're looking for stories, when you've got your hand or footstuff, stories about thick pets and what have you got any car that if the police pulled you over, you'd have some explaining to do. Let's jump straight into the lines now, James, Good morning, Good morning James.
Speaker 13: Anyway, I forgot a date?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you got a date wrong, if you go, buddy.
Speaker 15: So I was my fortieth birthday last year. Me, the wife and the two boys went to Los Angeles to watch the Lakers play and do.
Speaker 13: The whole holiday thing. Yeah it was really cool. I actually was.
Speaker 15: I was a little sneaky one past the wife, which was cool. But so I paid an exuberant amount of money to sit ten rows backs center court at a Lakers game.
Speaker 13: Wow, and we actually forgot the date. We're sitting at in Anaheim having dinner.
Speaker 3: This is a heartbreak of a story.
Speaker 2: I want to laugh, but I feel so bad for you, buddy.
Speaker 15: I actually now laughed away because I cried in front of my wife, and.
Speaker 2: I think I don't think I'd ever be the same and always do you mean before that moment and after it?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Well my wife said it's okay, Well get over. I said, no, she's worried about the money. I just put the money.
Speaker 13: I just don't get to see the Lakers.
Speaker 2: And those seats. Goodness knows what you must have paid for that. That would have been an amazing fortieth gift to yourself just under five Oh.
Speaker 13: God, yeah, can't write it off. It's like it's left a void inside me that is hollow.
Speaker 2: Because what is the best thing we can give ourselves to life our experiences, And what that would have given you was an experience.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of money, but worth more than that.
Speaker 2: You'd have a story to tell your mates about what did you do when your fourtieth you were there in those seats at the Lakers?
Speaker 4: How is the feed at Anaheim? James, That's why he got distracted.
Speaker 2: With you now, all right, thank you very much. It's got to Jen. Good morning, Jen, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: So I feel I feel like I've had to chat to you a little bit of But anyway, my story is about my foot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting stuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 10: And well, on the rare occasion that I get dressed up, I was in Melbourne having the tram ride, getting around and looking at all the great shops and got my shoe, My lovely shoe got stuck in the tram and I stepped out of the tram and left my shoe behind. I was quite mortified, so you know, I'm standing there without a shoe. Anyway, not very not very long afterwards, they did throw the shoe out of the window or out of the door.
Speaker 2: I got it back at the next stop.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that's that's all funny. You reunited with your shoe.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jen. Thanks, So let's get a Sam. Good one in Sam.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian? How are you going mate?
Speaker 2: I'm good, buddy. How have you well this morning? Thanks for cooling the show. What have you got on five topic Tuesday? No worries.
Speaker 8: I've got something I've broken that my parents stoodn't.
Speaker 2: Know about brilliant Off you go, all right.
Speaker 8: I was about fifteen years old. I was with my best mate Justin. We got stuck into my mum's wicky cabinet when she was away. Always a good start to the story, I know. We went out of the back garden and we thought, my mum's got an art studio out the back, and she's got big glass doors. We thought it would be a good idea to start throwing rocks over the studios from the garden and one of them was I was falling back on my chair went straight through one of her big glass doors.
Speaker 4: What did you blame it on?
Speaker 2: Sam?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well this is.
Speaker 2: The best part.
Speaker 8: We went out the next morning because she wasn't back until the afternoon, and we found some pigeon feathers and we stuck them in the hole and sort of around.
Speaker 2: Said that that is that is some skills to do that my underpressure like that? And how many years ago was this? A mum still doesn't know.
Speaker 8: This is eleven years ago and she still doesn't know. And when we told her, all she said was was the pigeon? Okay?
Speaker 3: You still laughing about it now?
Speaker 2: And getting over the crime that's a great one, Sam, that's a brilliant cool thanks for sharing it with us.
Speaker 8: No worries having a good day guys that show.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, all right nine four one four three, So then it is up and running now five topic Tuesday, When have you got the date wrong? They still don't know things you did as a kid that mom and dad still don't know about. Stories about getting your hand or footstuck, thick pets. Get some shame into those, the pets and thick pets and whatever you got in your car, Thatt, if the police pulled you over, you'd have some explaining to do.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Rachel, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: How are we all?
Speaker 3: We're great, Rachel, and welcome to the show. What's your story for us?
Speaker 8: I have another My mum and dad don't know story.
Speaker 3: I love these.
Speaker 2: I love these.
Speaker 3: I could take them at all. Show off you go, mate.
Speaker 10: I had a date when I was sixteen seventeen and I thought, I.
Speaker 8: You know, spruce it up a bit.
Speaker 14: We were having a nice.
Speaker 16: Hot spart so I put some sea light candles along the edge of the photograph spar Yes, yes, it was a love with you. But after the evening I forgot about the candles, didn't I, And they kind of melted the star edges.
Speaker 4: But you're lucky it's fiberglass.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so what did you tell mom and dad about the now deform SPA?
Speaker 16: Well, they still don't know how it happened or how it got like that. I do have an older sister, so I simply played.
Speaker 4: That I don't know.
Speaker 5: Card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess the water was too hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also me and my boyfriend while you were out naughty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Rachel, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You cool, have a good thanks call the show.
Speaker 2: Angela. Yeah, Hi, here you going good, Angela?
Speaker 16: Off you go, right, I've got the trifector for you if you go. We've got this cast her lad's Pepsi, and she brings in leaves from outside and she thinks they're nice, so you'll bring them in. Me out, very very proud of herself. Poor old PEPs.
Speaker 2: Poor poor old just kind of had to repeat the year at school. A little bit, A little bit Pepsi.
Speaker 16: She's a little bit. The other My other one was I had a power head back even cleaner and had the power head on and there's a string cord in there. I thought I'll just pull that out to turn it off, loft the top of my finger.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you lost it?
Speaker 3: Does he mean ripped off?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 16: Now, I ended up with a few stitches, but yeah, it was hanging there until I ran up Bridge Road to go to the doctor and got him to stick it on.
Speaker 2: No, what I didn't know. You know, I still get a little bit scared, now, don't you when if you just put the hoover on a bit of your body.
Speaker 3: Part or easy?
Speaker 2: Come on, Now.
Speaker 3: That Henry the hoover keeps giving me his eyes, I'm not strong enough to resist.
Speaker 2: I'm not strong enough.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I could only have the fifteen What one? Now?
Speaker 2: I just too much suck? Anyway?
Speaker 3: What was the third one?
Speaker 16: And the third one? My daughter is now fifteen, but for three years I celebrated her birthday on the wrong date.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you've got the you you put into this world.
Speaker 16: Just to get out. Her father and her godmother said she was born on the thirty It's not the thirty first, I said she wasn't. I'm pretty sure I was there.
Speaker 2: You had a lot going on, the pain, the drugs, but clearly.
Speaker 16: Yeah I was wrong, So yeah we told her eventually.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. Do you know, Angela, We've got some prizes. Whatever you want, I'll checked you off air. We'll give you some of those three stories, three great stories as well. Yeah, that's cool of the week. No one's going to do any better, Angela, well done, good idea. All right, thanks a lot for those.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three still taking brilliant, brilliant stories. I think that the best cause we've had so far since we launched a couple of weeks ago when I started here on Gold of five topic Tuesday. There are so many great stories. I'm going to leave today's show remembering every single call we have. There've been some great ones. Thanks everyone for calling in making it work nine four one four one four three topics this week? Ah, when have you got the wrong date? Things they still don't know about. Mom and dad don't know about something you did as a kid. Might have broken something or something happened and they don't know. Ten twenty thirty odd years later, you've got your hand or footstuck stories? How thick is your pet, and what have you got in your car? That do the police pulled you over? You'd have some explaining to do. Paul texted me earlier saying, it's the police pulled him over, right now, you have some explained to do. Loose knives. Loose knives in his car. He's a chef everyone, it's okay, but loose.
Speaker 4: I still don't have to keep him loose, even if you're a chef.
Speaker 2: Like put him in one of the knife you see Gordon Ramsey just turning up with like a carrier bag full of knives to maybe actually, yeah, you probably would do. Actually, Lauren, Good morning, morning, Hell are you? I'm good Lauren? So what's what? What have you got? Something?
Speaker 3: Form on five topic Tuesday?
Speaker 16: So I've got a foot and hands stuck story?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, the double at the Tootha When we were kids.
Speaker 16: My dad was a police officer and he bull his equipment felt day and my younger sister got his handcuffed out and handcuffed her right arm to her left book.
Speaker 2: I can imagine it now, I can picture it, Oh can't you?
Speaker 16: It was fantastic.
Speaker 4: How long was she liked that? For?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Well, at least half an hour because he didn't have his keys at home so to unlock the handcuffs, so she he had to take her to his office.
Speaker 2: We chuck her in the back, you know, not putting duck in the head in that they do with the pups.
Speaker 16: He had to like to pick her up because she was she couldn't walk, she'd be like a ball.
Speaker 2: Lauren, great story, Thanks for giving us a call. Note, have a good day. Uh we got one more backs? No, of course, no, they didn't like any of your calls. Sorry about That's enough of that. Jack, you've got a story out something.
Speaker 3: You did as a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got one of He reminded me of breaking the windows mum's window. We did that with a neighbor's house, a friend across the road, Daniel Fraser, or actually maybe I should't name him in case his mom and dad.
Speaker 2: You are aware of this is life, Okay, we just called him Dan. He couldn't Daniel Fraser. We all know it's Danny Fraser.
Speaker 4: He hit a tennis ball through the window of his front of the front end of his house. It left a perfect circle, and so he said he didn't know what it was about. They called the police out and the police said, oh, someone's used a glass cutter to try and get in, and they've probably heard the glass fall through, and then they've run away because to spook them. They're panicked. And I think too till today that Peter and Morella still think that there was a criminal trying to get in their house, but it wasn't their son.
Speaker 3: So Daniel, you name the mum and Dane and everything.
Speaker 2: The worst person that's had a secret to never told Jack Post anything. Why the boss thought this is the guy we should give the clue to the.
Speaker 1: Christian who Connell Breakfast Show one's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We got time for one last call, so we shut down this week's five topic Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Zach, how you doing. I'm pretty good, Zach. The honors go to you. So what have you got for us this morning?
Speaker 17: I got the date wrong, but off you go.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 17: So I would have been in year eight at school, year eight or seven, and we had a pajama day every now and then, just you know, it has a bit of fun. Yeah, And my brother comes home and goes it's pajama day tomorrow and I'm like, oh, I didn't hear anything about that. But anyway, as we rolled with it for a bit and ended up rocking up the school in my pajamas the next day, and yeah, I was the only one for summer.
Speaker 3: Is how did you go home and get changed? Did you know have to spend the whole day like that?
Speaker 13: Oh no, I went home and got changed.
Speaker 3: But you don't live that shame down for a while, though, do you.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you don't live that shame down because everyone talks about they've seen your pajamas and what what was on your pajamas?
Speaker 13: Oh monkeys, I'm Peter Monkeys alday on my leg and it was no good.
Speaker 8: All right, Zach, thanks for sharing it with us, perfect, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, have a good day. All right. We've got the news and sport coming up next after nine as well. On the show, we got a brand new at work time waster combining alcohol or something.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three nine oh one. Good morning, it's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Time now for today's at work time wastter. This breakfast show does an almost full show. We run up till ten o'clock, going like the others, ald like to knock off at nine and go and have a massage or hit the golf course. We're here till ten o'clock and we will do this every day. It's called the at work time wasted said. If you listen to the show now and you're still at work, you can still joining the show. You don't have to call in, you can just sling us a text. No one, even I might even know that you're listening and hanging out with us. So today comes from one of you very smartness, so called Lee's come up with Today's that word time waster. Combine a drink with a movie, great idea. I've got a fan tango and cash. I've also got from beer to eternity. That the right one. Gin good and I'm hoping for gold. Here, dude, where's my Carlton draft?
Speaker 4: That's a gold?
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Awesome?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: What have you got? Drinks? And a movie?
Speaker 4: Easy cider, oh chock a lart the French film The Dark Nightcap and an honorable mention. But I won't be submitting the Doctor Pepford Wives, the Doctor Pepford Wives, Stepford Wives.
Speaker 2: No, you're better than that.
Speaker 3: You bet that jack okay, all right, send us yours there.
Speaker 2: When a computer combine a drink with a movie, text it into oh four seven five O three one O four three oh four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Richard Marks, who I hear waiting for you on God one four point three good news this. You can catch Richard Marks live in Melbourne this December Friday, the seventh of the Palais Theater. Tick us go and sell this Friday. Ticketmaster dot com dot Au can go and see Ritchi Marks live. Ticketmaster dot com dot Au to go and see Richard Marks live this December at the Palais Theater. Sum a couple of years ago. He even there are some singers at age really really well.
Speaker 4: He looks good.
Speaker 2: Hay. Yeah, And there are certain generation of singers that had like plastic surgery done when plastic surgery wasn't state of the art like it is now. And you see the joins and stuff like that. I don't always have done. But he is a beautiful looking man.
Speaker 4: So he got in earlier, he got in late.
Speaker 3: He got in, he got in late.
Speaker 2: He looks. He looks amazing.
Speaker 10: He does.
Speaker 5: I went and saw him too last time he was out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's actually great fun. He's funny between the songs as well.
Speaker 5: He's just got the most stunning smile.
Speaker 4: Do you ever notice that when Pats talks about guys on this show, come on, she leans into the mic mall almost like love song, Dedication.
Speaker 2: And Brian Adams and then swayze around that. Okay, too much?
Speaker 3: All right, so let's go to the time whist Are you ready to mark them?
Speaker 2: Gold? Silver, Bronze? I am ready to drink and a movie? Look looking for you do a combined a drinking a movie.
Speaker 4: Harry Potter Beer, pot of beer, too long, Silver.
Speaker 2: Carla Tough Tequila, mocking Bird tequila, bron didn't do much with that, sorry, Amy, Happy hour, Gilmore.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 2: That's our first one so far.
Speaker 3: Julie, well done again, Whiskey Business.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's a gold classic.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's seef were continue the gold run now Blade Rummer.
Speaker 4: That's great as well, that's a gold.
Speaker 3: The Booze Brothers, that's great.
Speaker 4: That's the gold for so far.
Speaker 3: Keeping up everyone, it's the pressure.
Speaker 2: Fifty shades of gray, Goose good sil plus Chai hard Chai.
Speaker 3: Back to the gold right, gold plus, well done.
Speaker 2: That's from NoREL. Well done, Fight Club Soda.
Speaker 4: That's the gold first for all the.
Speaker 3: Fight club Soda.
Speaker 2: Can't talk about it.
Speaker 3: Furfy's Law. That's very good.
Speaker 4: I guess it's Murphy's Lot Bronze because of that.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if it's a film, but it is.
Speaker 3: Okay. Last the Mahito's.
Speaker 4: As well. Gold plus.
Speaker 2: Didn't put your name on that. Please put your name on these. There's something about bloody Mary.
Speaker 4: These are this is one of the best days we have. That's a gold.
Speaker 2: We have to do this again, Ricky, well done. Men in Black Russian that's a good silver plus. That's Alex top Gun top rum Ooh what a stinker to finish. Who is top rum a type of drink?
Speaker 3: It's rum, isn't it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah what that was terrible?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 2: What about Fields of dram Bewie.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 9: Brian liked it.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 4: I dram Viewy sounds familiar, but I don't know if it's a.
Speaker 3: Drink really strong, really strong drink.
Speaker 4: Okay, it gets a silver.
Speaker 2: Monty Python and the Holy al, that's good. Silver West Skate Freeway outbound. I don't know why someone's favorite of that, But then the wrong one. Someone's tracked that into my inbox and little bet we're just shoving out in there again. That's sorry, Funny West skate Freeway. Is this an Australian cops own? Not familiar with you anyway? Thanks all those everyone great well.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three on Thursday show. Then it's a paranormal playlist, the computer pit, the songs, Midweek Mixtape because we're not here tomorrow, Moosa Thursday, and our music picked by you. And the reason why we're doing this is we have paranormal amateur investigators coming into this radio station because there is a ghost here called Little Timmy. And you might think I'm exaggerating this for a bit or something not at all. Listen to these eyewitnessed reports from terrified people that work here.
Speaker 6: We couldn't explain how so we always thought it was Timmy the ghost.
Speaker 12: I only heard noises Wednesdays of heard he looks around.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it was Timmy, but I've definitely seen a ghost a ghost, so one time, I was walking into the building and there's a glass store that you have to walk through with the security pass and I saw a figure behind me. I saw a shadow, so I turned around to see who it was, and there was no one there, No one there.
Speaker 5: There was a noise. It sounded like it could be a flute or something. It was really eerie.
Speaker 6: My old boss many years ago, he when she used to leave, she lock her office and she had the one and only key for her office. On multiple occasions, she would come in in the morning and all of her picture frames were flat down. They will all be pushed over, and other sort of wall, sort of art and everything else that was always off the wall had.
Speaker 2: Fallen off the water in the night, chitting eyewitness reports, including the former boss that had a fine art collection on the water of their office.
Speaker 3: All right, so you reckon, you've had an in council, You've got something here.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I came to visit a friend close by the station last night, and I thought, I'm pretty skeptical about this ghost, but if it's ever going to attack or appear, it will be while it's dark. So it was late last night and I came to the car park because Pats has heard Timmy singing in the car park and I walked around for a bit and couldn't find anything until I started recording on my phone. And when I listened back to it, I actually think you can hear Timmy's voice now listening closely here, all right, you got to listen closely because I don't. It could be a voice, It could not be a voice.
Speaker 2: But turn it up. Pats, you listen as well. Christian, Yeah, tell me if you can hear Timmy's voice? Is this before we go into Is this a piece of comedy like you had last night? Come on, you promised me. You know it's not another unfunny clip with fart. It's not a farting ghost.
Speaker 11: Is it.
Speaker 4: Listen closely, see if you can hear the voice of Timmy.
Speaker 2: Picture right, I'm gonna annoyed at you.
Speaker 3: I'm annoyed at you.
Speaker 2: Did you know about this? Brian Bradley? Did you know about this? But Becks now about him? Becks? Did you know about it?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 2: Did you know about this? All right, I'm making a list of the people that knew about this, and you're all going in my black book.
Speaker 3: I'm not second week running for this. Come on no more with the fart sound effects.
Speaker 2: It's not funny.
Speaker 4: It's out of my system.
Speaker 2: Now, come on, all right, thank you. I'm annoyed that I fell for it. Damn it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, all the calls, all the text, brilliant stuff. To down five topic Tuesday. So we are not here tomorrow. We're back Thursday picking things up. We'll have the power noormal experts in. Hopefully Tommy the ghost will have gotten over his flatterleance by them.
Speaker 4: Tommy is the guy who films our video. Hopefully Tommy gets.
Speaker 2: I have a night about what happened twenty minutes ago. I'm just angring out Tomic because I think that he knew about it as well.
Speaker 3: Someone should have given me the heads up about this thing.
Speaker 4: Little Timmy is the ghost who's horning the radio station.
Speaker 3: Someone else radio show right now with unfunny farting sound effects.
Speaker 2: You laughed even in the song how you laugh out a pity pity? All right?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 2: The title today's show is Champagne commentary. Whippy is looking after the show tomorrow morning. Make sure you keep listening to Gold one a four point three, Huggy up next time and win the ten k. If you're an eighties song, ask yourself, was it in a movie that could be the ten k song?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three