Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week a night. Welcome back to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight at our television industry and streaming services today. On the podcast, I have Gamble bro joining me from Celebrity Apprentice. She is the housewife with a story to tell and this season on Channel nine we have seen an energy to Gamble that could power a small village. Gamble is known for her role on the Real Housewives of Melbourne and this opportunity has been a long time coming for this ambitious little lady. With her heart in the right place and a quirky little attitude, There's no wonder she has one of the legions of fans all over Australia. We will talk housewives compared to Apprentice, who she liked, who she didn't like so much? Her new song with the pot Bellies and what she might be getting up to this summer if all of those stars aligned. However, I'd like to welcome Gamble bro to TV Reload.
Speaker 2: So they've been fired from Celebrity Apprentice, I haven't been fired from House Lives.
Speaker 3: I sat the rules, I asked the questions, and I make the final decisions.
Speaker 2: A very disappointed in her behavior towards me. I thought she was my friend. He confronts a star studded lineup of astringian icons.
Speaker 4: I think of the logans in any capacity, they've.
Speaker 1: All signed on to raise mind blowing money for deserving charity.
Speaker 2: If you're acting like Fruitcake, it's not going to serve you on as show life cebrity apprellers as they.
Speaker 3: Battle it out to become the next Celebrity Apprentice.
Speaker 2: I think that I'd probably reminded him too much of his own wife. And that's five or five.
Speaker 1: Hi, Gamble, how are you hello, Darling? Congratulations on your time on Celebrity Apprentice. You know this was a long time coming for you, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, well apparently well the first.
Speaker 2: You know what, there's a lot of gossip about this one. I was offered Celebrity Apprentice when I was shooting my second season, which is the third season.
Speaker 4: Of the Size of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: However, I was being my marriage was being featured on the show earlier up and I couldn't do Celebrity Printers, or at least I couldn't do it and win.
Speaker 4: It, And so I had to say no.
Speaker 2: And then Gina did Celebrity Apprentice and insult to injury, I had to fly up and film with her. You know, I could have used the money. We could all use the money, but I was a bit insulted. Anyway, I helped her when bitask there. I got her some money for her charity and I passed Gabby.
Speaker 4: Greg home previously on the Real Housewives of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have a special screening of Celebrity Apprentice in my room.
Speaker 2: Is it the right thing to do when it's your best friend's wedding the next day?
Speaker 4: I am actually pissed.
Speaker 1: Afy, Well, it's interesting that you tell us the story about Gina sort of taking over from your first offer of doing the show. You know, I guess that gives a little bit more umph into that storyline. On The Royal Housewives in season three, where your friendship kind of hit a bit of a bump. I feel like it makes more sense now that we know that originally you were offered to be on that series.
Speaker 4: I was. It was so funny.
Speaker 2: I went up to film with her and at the time, I feel that her ego was quite large, and we were filming in her hotel room, and she said, yes, well, they wanted gamble, but then they found out they could get me, and so they took me. And that could possibly be true. But I said to you, I said, Gina, I'm sending her in the room with you as what I meant.
Speaker 4: And to tell you the truth, had I not one of the executive producers.
Speaker 2: Dean started on house Pipes, I think the same season I did in season two, and he's just such a funny, lovely fellow. He's one of the executive producers, and I think that's how I got my to do the season. But I can't tell you it was such a great experience. But definitely competition Reality TV is so much different to the Real Housewives in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Well, what made you want to do Celebrity Apprentice so bad? Because, as you sort of mentioned a couple of times, there you know it was something you're really keen to do. You know, why was it that show? Why were you so interested to take part?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't have to eat rats, which is a good thing, or you know, like bug and live in the jungle. But it's competition based and that I thrive on that also. I just I feel like I could pick up a whole lot from the experience in business. And I've been very good over the years of making other people money, extremely good at it actually, and unfortunately for myself not so much. And I felt like this is actually going to give me the opportunity to start thinking of myself as a business, as my own business person, and to gather information on the way and actually have tasks that need a successful resold and are very quick. And I don't know, it's fun, it sounds like fun, it's sort of I don't know.
Speaker 4: I actually, I'm just I really thought that I could win it. I just was like delusional.
Speaker 1: There was some tension at times between you and some of the other celebrities. Do you think that the show Celebrity Apprentice has an unavoidable ability to put people against each other.
Speaker 2: I don't think anything's unavoidable. I mean, really, I could have been a better person.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm going to tell you as someone in charge of entertainment, it was a very miserable sort of ending. We've got amazing race was being sung. You sing beautifully, but that was funeral music.
Speaker 4: I believe she said that.
Speaker 2: I just felt like Samantha Shay came and apologized to me in advance. She's like, oh, sorry, Gamble, and so I knew I was going to be pulled into the boardroom and that's when I started to get really shitty because I'm like, come on, guys, it just felt like a pylon every episode and for me personally, and that's not interesting at all.
Speaker 4: It's not fun. I mean, it was just it became just a bit like let's get rid of Gamble.
Speaker 2: And I feel in the last and you don't really see it, but we were directing a TV commercial and they just wanted to sell this pot of cream and I might, well, it's not you know, like you have to have a story behind the cream. And that's where the seaweed came in. Someone had talked about seaweed, but you know, I set up the set. There was like this mountains and mountains of texts that Beck had put together. She wanted to write the script, but because I've been studying it, need to keep it really short and snappy, and so I discepted that script into a very sort of like easy sort of monologue to read. But she's over there holding these cards. And when I came out from just fixing the sets, the advisors is standing between me and the camera, so I can't get round to help Beck shift her to get the eye level right. And I said to Beck before when we're in the car, I said, look, I just don't think Jody's up for being beaten over the head, I said, I said, I said, look, why don't we just keep it between you and eye? I like Beck, but I just don't feel that Jody was right to be I think that she takes deeply personal and I said, look, I'll take you on, but how about we don't, you know, jump on Jody. And I think that being a child called actress, she's deeply sensitive in ways that we can't possibly imagine, because her friendships probably are very superficial.
Speaker 4: And that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: But however, I hadn't expected her to have had three of them jump on top of me and say I had done nothing in the TV commercial. Now, I have been accused of everything under the earth, but doing nothing is not one of them. I am hyperactive, attension deficit. I have a new idea every five seconds. Fire me for that, but don't fire me for doing nothing, because I'm all over everything like a freaking monkey.
Speaker 3: It seems to be disagreement here, these two ladies arguing here like two old washer women. Campbell, I'm not at all sure what you did in this task, and I can tell from the body language between everybody wasn't great. So my original decision stands, you're out the process. Okay, you could leave now.
Speaker 4: My friend and said Gamble did nothing. I was like, I lost my whole argument. I was so gobsmacked in my whole life. I've never been a kids of doing nothing. Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that made because on the show, but I just killed my argument because I was so shocked. Yeah, I know, she did nothing, and I'm like, hold on, I was painting a picture of this product, because how do you sell something nless you believe in it? And I had to say, there were far more interesting products. It was like these nasal hair things, and there was so many funny products.
Speaker 4: I myself too.
Speaker 2: Anyway, at the end, I think we actually did an okay job with the ad, but I was disappointed not to get back in, especially as I felt that directing a TV commercial was Ryan in my sweet spot.
Speaker 1: Do you think that Lord Sugar already knew who he was going to bring back? Because I felt like you were such great television and I really hoped that you were going to return. Do you think that Lord Sugar or production had already worked out who was coming back.
Speaker 2: They work it out based on what they're told, I think, and the information that is given to them.
Speaker 4: I know that when we're in.
Speaker 2: The car, I had to take my high heel off and we're driving and I had back next to me. I threw the heel to the front of the car and she told production that I threw a shoe.
Speaker 4: At her and I.
Speaker 2: Got my shoe off because we were having problems in the car that their heels were so hot.
Speaker 4: I thought, that's strange.
Speaker 2: I think that they base their decisions on what they're told, and this information is easy to It's very difficult for a production to follow what's going on in conversations, and you know what, I was probably to aliment, and I think with Housewives, if you admit a mistake and you own it and just carry on the right I could have round Beck's whole chances by letting her try and run this massively long script. But I did it right back down for it. But no one gave me any credit for my that. That's fine.
Speaker 4: I just should have learned how to play reality TV before.
Speaker 2: I've got on it. I'm not used for competition reality TV. I'm not used to sort of you know, not having things come up in the edit. Yeah, it was a different ballgame, and I probably I think that people are better at it, and they're probably better at working together. I certainly wasn't as good at working together with people as the other people were, so I got what it had come up. If I was making great TV, I don't think that matters how much TV you make. If you're acting like fruitcake, it's not going to serve you on a show like Cebert Apprentice. But people are really trying hard to be, you know, good business people and may come across like I'm being a fruitcake. At the end of the day, I really did want to learn a lot there and take it away with me. And just wanting to win isn't good enough. I should have done a lot more research on business. If I went on, it's as simple as that, I got what I deserved.
Speaker 1: What was different about this show over Housewives when it comes to the way that they make it. Did it feel like you were making a very different show? I mean, was this out of your comfort zone?
Speaker 2: It was a monster like it was a monster production. They had account of everything that I would wear on the show. Nine wardrobe Lauren. She dressed me in the most beautiful clothes. She was fantastic. I went in there on the evening before we started, and I must have tried on. I believe they had thirty six outfits or something. I organized and tried all of them all on the one day, and they were pretty much like ninety nine point nine percent of them were just rocked. I think there was just you know, like maybe she was unbelievable. The hair and makeup was superb. She felt so beautiful. Every time I went to work was amazing, turn up and then then thank you look amazing.
Speaker 4: You've got to pull your weight or it goes on without you. I swear to God.
Speaker 2: And they do not pick up lies in the edit, it gets cut, and then it moves on, and then you've got the boardroom. So I'm thinking, Aha, they lie, They're going to get caught because we thrive on that one in the house fives. If somebody is lying and they're lying, it's just like gold for us. So when Ronnie was lying, Jean was lying like a gene surprised me the most. Actually, I was pretty I was fairly. I don't know if she did it on purpose or not, but she was very disappointed in her behavior towards me. I thought she was my friend.
Speaker 1: What was it like to work with Carla from Bankstown? And did you even know who Carla from Bankstown was before you did the show?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 2: Actually, oddly enough of Carla from Bankstown helped my friend get through cancer. She said that there were a few people that were putting up funny tiktoks and into gram posts, and Carla from Bankstown, she said, without her, I don't think I would have made it through her and a couple of other comedy influences.
Speaker 4: And it touched me really deeply.
Speaker 2: And Carla is some sort of angel. First of all, she has integrity, she is kind, she signs to everybody. She's fair and sweet and you know what, if she calls it for what it is, that's what it is. And I am I love working with her, and I am a very blessed nor wrong way out.
Speaker 1: Vince answered the question who deserves to be fired enough? She's business mate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's business. You know, I'm not the best of that wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that.
Speaker 3: What do you think she'd be fine running the PM?
Speaker 1: Vince Vince Colossalmo was so he looks so stressed while filming this show. And you know, I've met Vince a couple of times in real life, and I've always known him to be very relaxed and very chilled out. But I just found him really stressful. Was he okay?
Speaker 4: He was fine.
Speaker 2: He was just getting gas lit wheneber filming that TV commercial.
Speaker 4: Like I started getting throws some you know, some curveballs, curveboards, curve balls.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of curve balls in that in that in that particular task. And Vince was one of those kind, generous, wonderful people. When I walked back into the boardroom after the golf day, I went and booked into a room that I thought I had.
Speaker 4: No friends in.
Speaker 2: I mean, I really felt like everyone hated me, and Vince just came in and you know it gave me a hug. I mean it's a very upset. I think the second time after the campion was really upset. He was so kind. He was fun, allergetic, kind, calm. But he also has the same thing as I had, is that if you feel there's a sense of injustice, that you can't help but be infuriated by it. So I don't know what pressed his button about that TV commercial, but I can't think of anyone I'd rather work with him. He was absolutely lovely.
Speaker 1: Did you think that Lord Sugar at times had had his favorites? So, I mean, what was your relationship like working with him?
Speaker 2: I think that I probably reminded him too much of his own wife, and that's why I got fined. It just absolutely obsessive me. You know, there's probably a conversation at night saying, look, look darling, Lord Lord Darling Darning. I think you better get rid of that because I know you're obviously obsessed with her or.
Speaker 1: Is he flirting with you? Was did he mistake you for his life?
Speaker 4: I'm just joking.
Speaker 2: I just thought I saw his wife and I thought Jesus that poor man doesn't need a numb one in his life.
Speaker 1: Maybe you could have offered her, Maybe you should have offered her a friendship role on the Housewives of Melbourne.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: It looked like from the dynamic she wears pants in that family because on Sugar is fantastic. At the end of the day, others probably do deserve to win. And I'm looking forward to seeing who tells me what.
Speaker 1: Is going on with the next series of the Real Housewives of Melbourne. Do we know anything?
Speaker 4: I do know something.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how to say, but let's just say if somebody is planning to move to back to Melbourne in January that things looking promising.
Speaker 1: Is this a returning housewife or a new housewife?
Speaker 2: It's an old housewife. It's making plans to be here in January and we're hoping to film in summer. Let's just take a psychic vibe.
Speaker 1: Are we thinking December January that you're going to be back filming or do you have a timeline.
Speaker 2: But the dolphin told me, you know how Jackie talks to the dolphin, while you know, the dolphin told me that possibly we'll be filming in January in summer, which would be nice possibly, but that's just a psychic tib.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's happening. All I know is that I'll be back.
Speaker 2: I haven't been five from House Lives and may have been Vive from Celebrity Appredents, but they're not getting rid of the Meal House line.
Speaker 4: We've got plenty to do yet. Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think that I'd be nice to see the old cast, you know, like the original girl. I hope that they can, that we can pull some numb strings and get some people back on the show.
Speaker 1: I really want to see. It's just going to sound really strange because I've always been a really big fan of Genealiana on the show, but I really want to see Lydia back on the show because I've forgotten how funny she was, and without her on that last series, I felt like you got left with all the heavy lifting, and boy were you funny. You were hilarious. But you're funny in a different way to Lydia.
Speaker 2: She's so funny, she said, So she's golden, and I know you just can't replace her. There's no other Lydia, and Gina is hilarious because she's so dry. I lot man like, yeah, I definitely I had a great season last season because it was hilarious. But I also you know, but the problem was is that having I don't know what Angela he was on a bount She's such a superiority complex and it runs outside of outside of house lives. I ran into her a fashion parade that she was in and I said, oh, I was so obsessed by this one dress. I said, I'm sorry, I tell you're in it. I didn't see you as obsessed by this dress. Now that sounds like an insult, but if you saw this other dress, you don't understand.
Speaker 4: And her mother there was there.
Speaker 2: She's like hello, you know, and I was like, Jesus, anyway, I said, she looks like she was fun to grow up with as a joke, and she said, oh, my mother said that you look like you're in your sixties. And and like just sent me this really mean to ex for Well, maybe it's because I said I'd see it like just beyond me, like and I was like.
Speaker 1: Wow, have you heard the rumors about the real Housewives of the GC, the real Housewives of the Gold Coast? Have you heard that rumor.
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah, I think there was a type home with.
Speaker 1: The journalist who wrote the story, or with like Foxtel, who who's Okay.
Speaker 4: You more than me? You would know more than me. All I know is.
Speaker 2: When they do do another set season, they do that season and then we go after them.
Speaker 4: But I'm not sure the Gold Coast.
Speaker 5: As you.
Speaker 1: Know. Something that I really want to chat with you about is you've got this fantastic new song that's just come out. You've collaborated with the pot Bellies, which is amazing. How did this come about? Like, how did this new song come about?
Speaker 2: One of my girlfriends, she has MUSOTV. Her name is Relay Caza, she's in the lyric video. Philip with an f organized the lyric video. He is incredible and an absolute superstar and a good friend of yours. I know that, But anyway, the collaboration happened. I asked my girlfriend from USO TV, her and I've been fantasy years.
Speaker 4: Who should I get to help me.
Speaker 2: Get a song off the ground that I had written to someone else's music I was using. A producer accidentally pulled music from their Bible from their Christian music folder that accidentally pulled that in the wrong folder. So I was writing what was to be a line dancing song for the housewives, like a bit of a cowboys that do to music that wasn't his or mine. But luckily it was completely different to the music that I got new music for the song. I needed music for the song, so all I have with my vocal friends and we sent them over to Johnny Sonic and he did what he did with them, which was so much fun. I just have to re record the original and I'll get round to it, because the song is actually very sent sentimental. It's about people having to dig quite deeply when they're looking for love. You know, when you're filling in your online profile, which that's how I met rip is thinking you having got a good photo of yourself unless you crop someone out of it. You haven't been whitewater rafting since you were eighteen in Balin, you haven't done anything interesting in a long time because you've had families to raise whatever, or you've been studying and you you know, like you've got a very anglamorous life, and so you start to paint a picture of yourself and by by looking for love. So the further the core, like the first verse, which hasn't been used in this song. It's that looking for love, been looking for you. I find the best in me headheart, and so take the rest of me. Love is I just haven't found you. Yeah, and then it goes with this long ways and it goes I just haven't done it yet, Like it's just cute looking for love, you know, it's just kind of cute.
Speaker 4: So it's supposed to be line dancing. Anyway. We'll get there one day and have the whole thing down.
Speaker 2: But I'm just glad that Johnny's Sonic re revived, that someone brought it back from the dead.
Speaker 1: I feel like the logis are happening this month. What about a logi's performer gamble I reckon the new song. We could get you on stage full backup dancers. Actually, all of those celebrities, these reality TV people, they could be on stage dancing behind you.
Speaker 4: I consider them like my band in this. They've all got their performance credit quredit in the YouTube video.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, who hasn't lip synced to the song that the logans before?
Speaker 4: We just all do it again. It could be fun. Oh, that would be a fun idea.
Speaker 2: I'd be nice to see everyone in the flet I'm just so blessed had so many people get on board and that they could come.
Speaker 4: But no, I don't think that. I don't think of.
Speaker 2: The Logans in any capacity this year unless house Lines is up.
Speaker 1: Well, I reckon, you know, a good performance would be great, you know, Gamble. I want to say thanks for joining me on the podcast here today. You know, one of the questions ask everyone who joins the show is what is something from behind the scenes that we as an audience didn't see that we will not see from behind the scenes of your experience working on Celebrity Apprentice? Have you got a behind the scenes see cooked for me?
Speaker 2: In the first episode, Darren auctioned his lordship and then gave Teria half of the money, and originally Terria when he came in and offered us when we were doing, you know, beginning our task, he said, I'm going to make a lot of money and I know I'm going to win. Would you like to go half if we win? And she said no, she's being quite arrogant about it. And then when we wh when he came back from that when we came in from the boardroom on the first episode, but I nearly got fired the first time he said, I'd like to give you half, and she was like, and she took it, but you know, like you know, sort of like an odd way like she did. She wasn't proud of that it, like it wasn't the way she wanted to take it.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: And so when I got home, I organized a lordship for him, because I'd heard that he had auctioned his lordship you know, papers and ever, and raised the money for his charity. So I bought him another one, and I got everyone to chip in from outside of our team, so we got all partners in getting him his lordship back, and I gave it to him, and the whole package obviously would take it longer, but I gave him the certificate.
Speaker 4: I gave sorry Teria the certificate to give to him.
Speaker 2: So if you called Darren baron Darren, or Darren Lord Darren, if you do call him Lord Darren, he had now has a lordship that he has totally earned, and that is by donating half of the winnings to Teria's cause. And it was very very gallant and honorable. They reset that scene so she could actually do it gracefully.
Speaker 1: So they had to reshoot it again because the first time round that they shot it, she was not very graceful.
Speaker 2: First time she wouldn't accept it. The second time when we lost, she was like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like I love it. I love it. Well, Gamble, I've love chatting with you today. I hope people who are listening to this have enjoyed hearing your behind the scenes of your experience on Celebrity Apprentice. I thought you were fantastic television, so fun to watch, and hopefully hopefully they'll bring you back for a third time this season.
Speaker 2: No, they just bring me back next season and I'll do a business course before I go