Speaker 1: Welcome to Them Christian No Common Show podcast yesterday with a great story from Barbara, and we thought we'd use Barbara's story about setting off an alarmed to see if you've got more stories about when you set off un alarmed.
Speaker 2: When I had my first son, it was about a twenty nine and a half hour labor and I spent quite a long time in a hot shall in the hospital the steam on my back that had actually set off the alarms and caused an evacuation. Best part was my dad was a volunteer firefighter and it was his station that turned up and burst into my room.
Speaker 1: Gods to it from Barbara, So when did you set off the alarm? On nine four one four three? Now we've got sound effects, Reddy Jacks was they call in? I can illustrate the stories. It's like four K storytelling on this show. So the team, the producers got some alarm sound effects. So some might call in and tell us about setting off alarm, and then I would go, we're not that or that that's a bedside clock. When you set that off? When I set it that night before, that's me You're s morning all right. Then there's this.
Speaker 3: At like a smoke alarm and they only.
Speaker 1: Go off at two am in the morning, never when there's daylight. There's this God the moment you're in real deep r em sleep. You hear this? You? Oh, I just want to hit it exactly. I actually actually broke one once. I actually got a brim hand and smashed it into pieces.
Speaker 3: I actually think it doesn't do itself any favors because in the middle of the night, where you do is you get it, you yank it down, you pull the battery out, and you leave it. Yes, because you meant to replace the battery, but you just leave it undone and then it can say like that for weeks. I will point out you shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, Jack, let it ring out.
Speaker 3: Can I give you a story and you can use one of your sound effects to illustrate it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've got two more cued up. Yeah, come on.
Speaker 3: When Bianco first moved to Australia, her job was no.
Speaker 1: No, no, premature, there's sorrybody, carry on because you were scratching your hair. I thought it was a signal.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a signals already. Banker's first job was at a pizza place and she accidentally put one of the tea towels through the pizza up and he caught fire. She set off the smoke alarmed.
Speaker 1: You said, you tap your nose. That's that's the alarm clock. Tell us again, get the punch on again.
Speaker 3: It says, it's not a punch, Frise, it's just a story. Get she puts realized after five years she put a tea towel in the pizza. Um, you've got to be getting caught fire. Set off the smoke alarm. Everybody your vacuated. Vacuate people are out on the streets. Ambulance, fire, drug. She gets arrested, drag from the building. What now now, I'm just trying to make it more.
Speaker 1: That's a sad story, all right. So when did you set the alarm off? This is the Christian Camel Show podcast looking for your stories. When did you accidentally set off the alarm? Chrissy? Good morning, Hi Christian, how are you? I'm going Chrissy, welcome the show. So what happened? Mate?
Speaker 4: We were in Italy and I was doing my washing in the bathroom and I thought where am I going to hang out this washing? And I saw this lead and I thought, oh, that must be a retractable clothesline. So I pulled that clothesliner and the alarm started blaring.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. So what was it like a distress or a panic thing?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I think in Italy they have it so that if you fall in the shower, it's like an alarm that sets off. But we didn't know how to stop this alarm. So my husband rang up reception and they didn't speak very good English.
Speaker 1: And they just came thank well, you didn't speak very good Italian. Which was it? You know, racism alarm? And the worst amount alarm was when no one, no one ever knows how to turn the dog. Horrible, aren't they? And you can't stand that straight. I always found myself crouching when there's an alarm going off. It's horrible.
Speaker 4: Well, well we finally worked out you had to open a door on the outside, pressed the alarm and it went off. So my husband said, don't press any more buttons, I'll pull anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't touch anything you touch, Gressie, lovely stuff.
Speaker 3: Have a good day you too, Thank you, Christian, thank.
Speaker 1: You, Chrissy, Catherine, good morning, good morning. How are you all? We're good. So you accidentally set off the alarm I did.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 7: My husband and I had been upgraded to a suite on a cruise, and so he went off to do something and I am going to have a long soak in the tub. And I'm laying there, just minding my own business, and I see this cord and I went, oh, that must be the exhaust fan. So I'm pulling. Nothing happens. I wonder what that does. I pulled it a few more times and I thought, oh, well, it must be broken. I'll report it later. The next thing I know, bang bang bang bang bang on the door and I'm like what. My husband's not there, and I'm thinking what is it. By the time I ramble out of the tub throw on a butt, these people, whole bunch of them have come belting into the room.
Speaker 4: And I'm like what.
Speaker 7: And they're going, you've seen the distress alarm And I went what, And yeah, that cord that I've been pulling was a distress alarm that's come to my age woman in distress in a bathtuble distressed there, I say, yes, yes, I was a little bit shapish, and I learned not to pull cords again, to play with things that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they do, all right, Katherine, love his stuff. That actual killed. I have a good day, Tony, modern Christian here you good, Tony. You actually set off the fire alarm. What's your story, Tony.
Speaker 6: It wasn't It wasn't quite a fire alarm. We went into the bank to sign the paperwork for the home loan and their three year old son went missing. Sure enough for the next thing, there's an alarm. All the fly windows, all the security windows fly up. Couldn't start by then anyway. Here he is sitting under the bench and impressing the juress button.
Speaker 1: I know. So did the police obviously want to shutdown? Then the police turned up.
Speaker 6: No, the police didn't turn up, fortunately, smoker.
Speaker 4: Were they having coffee?
Speaker 5: Fortunately the bank got onto it quick enough. But we were all locked in there for about twenty minutes until they could reset everything and put all the taller windows down again and.
Speaker 3: Arrested your son.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Correct, correct. We didn't get away with any money though, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Oh right, So it was a part of a bigger plan that was a dry run master criminal. What a team, Tony. Love this story. Thank you very much, mate.
Speaker 6: Awesome. Thanks guys, have a good.
Speaker 1: Day and you Razan good morning, Good morning team.
Speaker 4: My story is we're living in Germany and my fifteen year old son was working in a supermarket clean to get pocket money. And he was in the manager's office and he saw this button and he pressed it and nothing happened. So he said, that's okay, uh yeah, at fifteen year older. So he got he picked packed up. It was lunchtime. They closed at lunchtime, so he packed up and on his way home on his bike. And as he was on his way home his bike, all the police went fine, passed three cars, six cops, and he realized. He realized later we rang the super the supervisor of the cleaning company, and what had happened. He pressed the silent armed robbery button.
Speaker 1: There got a whole button to that, because he must be pretty rough in that supermarket as well.
Speaker 3: If you get on the shop for getting rubbed a compoint this second, I'll just tell the manager something.
Speaker 1: He came home as he must protect their manager. The aisle shell stackers. Goodness, middle manage room not be saved, Snell.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was priceless, lovely stuff. Wonderbo call a brighter note. You're listening to the question, you know Carls Show podcast,