Speaker 1: Coast Eagles fans. All right. The Eagles season is over. We're not in the finals. And so I'm about to say something that will make you feel a bit uncomfortable. But I reckon we should, let's get behind the Dockers. Come on, let's do it. Yeah, I've said it. I'm a former West Coast Eagles player. I've got Ben Cousins on board. He's going to do it as well. Two former Eagles saying, go Frio. I know you're thinking Barra's lost his mind. But actually, what has Frio done to us? That has been so terrible. Existed. Oh, that's what it is to, you know, die hard. I know, but there's the Demolition Derby. That was pretty ugly. And some of their fans are a little bit feral, you'd probably say, I suppose you'd say. Excuse me? But, and they call us the Chardonnay set, you know, so, but they haven't won a flag in 30 years. And I was with their banner group the other day, their banner crew, and they were building the banner for tomorrow night. Mm-hmm. And I've been doing it for 30 years. There was a lady there, Joy, beautiful lady.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of crepe paper.
Speaker 1: I love banner ladies. They're so, yeah. I know. And she started when she was 63. Oh, no way. And now she's 93. Oh, Joy. So come on. Do it for Joy. Do it for Joy. Oh, my God. Come on, please.
Speaker 2: If for no other reason, do.
Speaker 1: It for Joy. It's only a temporary arrangement too. You know, you don't have to change your Facebook profile to a purple anchor or some of that. You don't even have to buy a scarf. Just go, come on, Frio, a couple of times, then you can have a shower. No, I think you choose a team and you stick with it. You have one team and that's it.
Speaker 2: Should we organise some protection for you when you leave the building at about 8.30 this morning?
Speaker 1: Let me just... I'll finish my argument because I just want you to think about this. All right. What is really the alternative? A Victorian team winning the premiership? Imagine having to spend October watching the Cup going up and down Melbourne, you know, parading through Melbourne. It could be on the Cappuccino Strip. Might be in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Might be in Brisbane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brisbane or Sydney. But imagine it was down on Fremantle. Can't you watch the finals with just, you know, as a, you know. Without a team to cheer for? No, I think we're all West Australians. I think it's time, a short-term alliance, a bit like Coke and Pepsi getting together or McDonald's and Hungry Jack's, whatever.
Speaker 2: Batman and Superman. Some people are happy to just sit there and let football be the winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well. How's that for a pleasure? Well, how about this? Tomorrow night, Eagles fans, tomorrow night, just start gently. Start gently. When the free kick's a goal, just sort of, you don't have to jump on your couch. Golf clap. Yeah, or just nod, just go, yeah, that's pretty good. No, I think they'll throw up in their mouth.
Speaker 2: I think there'll be just a lot of Eagles fans watching Better Homes and Gardens.
Speaker 1: Oh. Be quiet. No, they'll be barracking for Hawthorne. Be quietly proud. You know, West Aussie team has done it. Actually, we've got Peter Bell here. I asked him. Don't barrack for Hawthorne out of spite. No, but that's what they do.
Speaker 2: Of course they do. Well, you see the stickers. I follow West Coast and whoever's playing Fremantle. And vice versa.
Speaker 1: Well, you do. Are there stickers like that? Yes, of course there are. That's a disgrace. Of course there are. I asked Belly about this. He was very profound.
Speaker 2: About it too.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting one, Barra. I think there'll be an element of West Coast fans who will get behind the other West Australian team, and that was probably the same during West Coast halcyon days. And then there's, I suppose, some fans at West Coast who there's no way they'd be supporting Fremantle no matter what. So I imagine there'd be a fairly healthy percentage that will be getting behind Fremantle, but... Totally understand and respect if that's not your thing as a West Coast Eagles fan.
Speaker 1: Come on, we're all West Aussies. I heard you little dig, Halcyon days. I heard that face. Which Eagles fans would say at least we had them. He did slip one in. Yeah, see, we've got four flags. They haven't had one in 30 years. Think of joy. Yeah, let's do it for joy.
Speaker 2: I reckon that's the motivation right there.
Speaker 1: It's for joy. And all that. purple crepe paper, 30 years of it. And if they go out in straight sets, then we can go back to not liking them. Do you know what I mean? No, I'm joking. Let's get behind it.
Speaker 2: You do make a good point. Come on, Eagles fans. I'm not sure everyone will be on board, but I think you make a good point.
Speaker 1: I don't think they care if you are or not. People driving off the road.