Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest Raide Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rising Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, business owner, mum all the things Today we have a little hotline app for you. These are our fun Friday episodes where you're sending your life dilemmas or questions and you know, Minateia really provide you with some unqualified two cents on the situation.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's like a dollar. I would say, love that for us. It's valuable.
Speaker 1: So today I love that we got asked our in and outs of twenty twenty three, I didn't even really understand what this whole trend was, and then once I found out I was like, yes, this is a vibe. So we go through that, and then we chat about the difference in between an abundant mindset and just spending all your money because some people get that mixed up, like me akoh Tier, and how you can deal with partners or family members that aren't on board with your manifestations or big goals. This is like one of the number one things I used to get asked in the project, So I love chatting about that because it's so so important to protect your energy. But guys, did you see the big announcement.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. Look, I've been seating that journal for fucking on your stories.
Speaker 2: We dropped it in the Facebook group obviously before we put it up on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I literally put it in a photo down.
Speaker 2: Someone literally commented, going, oh, we've seen it on John Dy's Instagram. I was like, yeah, but not the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So if you didn't pick up the very vet very subtle hints, not so subtle hints, we are releasing our very own manifestation journal alongside the launch of another live round of the project. We announced on Wednesday, and I'm just so excited because this journal really came from a place of I love journals. I love writing down, you know, when I'm manifesting something or just brain dumping and all the things. And I really wanted a journal that was like very specific to like how I manifest and how I do things, and so we created one and it's a lot of fun. It's so much fun. So in the first part of the journal, I literally go through my manifestation formula, we go through limiting beliefs, we go through a lot of like concepts to do with manifesting and just like really setting yourself up. And then the journal gets to it starts with a monthly breakdown, reflection audit, a monthly manifestation, and then you get to your weak reflection and then you get to free writing. So that was like a big thing for me, is I love when there's prompts and I love when there's you know, reflections, but then I also need space to free write. So that's what the journal you know reflects. And then also in there there's literally over one hundred one hundred, like probably more than two hundred, how many proms track and there is.
Speaker 2: Oh pay, like I think there's like a good five six pages filled with double column prompts.
Speaker 1: Yes, so the biggest thing. And also the journal includes how to actually journal, yeah, which is one of our most asked questions. I think when I talk about journaling, I just like think everyone knows what I'm talking about. And it's not like dear diary blah blah blah. It's different. It's a you know, it's a tool we use to do the inner work and to manifest. And so a lot of people don't even know what journaling is or they don't like they don't know what questions to ask themselves to really get like dig deep and do the inner work. So we've literally got five pages of double columns of journal prompts, and they're very specific to like if you're feeling lost, if you know you're having a hard time with this or that, Like, they're very specific. So for example, if you're you know, wanting to journal and something specific, you can just go to those prompts and then you know, use those in the free writing section. So we've spent so much time and love on this journal to make it perfect, and it really is very specific to the RNC fam. If you have done the project before, you will fucking die over this journal because it's so good. It will be how you journal and it will be like so tailored for you. If you are brand new to journaling, you will love it because it's literally this is how you journal, this is what you do, and it's giving you all the tools. It's a really really fun way to get into it. So obviously you don't have like have to have done the project before. It's just gonna be a great tool alongside. And if you are planning on doing the project, I really really encourage you to also get the journal because it's just yeah, it's such a beautiful tool to use with it, and I just I know you guys got to be as obsessed as we are. But yeah, so glad I could finally like officially tell you guys, because I really struggle to put that in content. So that is literally launching next Wednesday on the eighteenth hair tier. Yes, so I cannot wait. All the details will be in the show notes. So the project is going live. If you guys don't know what the project is, if you're new here, it is my seven week self development and manifestation course. It is my signature program. This is something thousands of women have done and it completely changed their life. It changed the trajectory of like where they were going. You know what's really weirder t here. Most people who now work for me have done the project like yourself and like Jamie. Yeah, and then like I loved the project. I know like Kira and I know Leah, like a lot of the girls who we then hired. It's like I attract these self development queen. You do. So it's a really really beautiful intro into self development. And then also as a byproduct knowing my manifestation formula and really applying it to your own life. So it's not like a reading the Secret Book and being like a wish for something and then it a p or I get a check in the mail or anything like that. This is really doing the work, and this is really beautiful work that once you have these tools, you will continue And the way that I kind of chat about it is these tools that you will learn you will continue to apply at every like next stage and level of your life, because like self development, it's not an end destination. It's a journey. But you don't know what you don't know. Yeah, So this, like I guarantee you anyone who sticks to this course, it will change your life.
Speaker 2: Do you agree that here a hundred I cannot even explain what a different person it made me after doing it.
Speaker 1: It's that and that, because that's the thing is like like some you know, some people do the project and they manifest their dream house or their dream partner or their dream job. But then also some people do it and they literally just change so much internally that it's like, you know, it always changes their reality because when you change internally externally you have to change, but it just it will give you so much.
Speaker 2: Like I I kind of did both, like I manifested my card during while doing the project, but I will still always say the biggest shift for me was internally, and I kind of forget that sometimes I manifested my card doing the project because everything else made way more of a difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to how I am as person. It's even what I say on this podcast of like how I market the project on Instagram is usually a lot of I manifested my pausch my dream house and this and this, and then they get into the project and I'm like, let's do the inner word, like tricking them to your self developmment, Like I'm not going to be like you're going to be your most authentic self. I actually do that a lot. You do, but like you trust me when I say, when you do this course and you do the inner work, like your life will change. When you do the internal stuff, the external will change. So this course is really for someone who is looking for their reality to change, because that will happen. I have no fucking doubts about that. So hold on because it's going to be a ride. But if you're looking for your reality to change, maybe you're feeling like lost and unclear. You're not clear on what your next level self is, You're not clear on what your dream life is like. Because I know on this podcast we talk a lot about our next level self or my big life and these concepts, and I know a lot of you would be even thinking, I don't even know what that looks like for me, or you know, you don't have any of those that clarity, and that's so okay. I didn't either, and a lot of people don't because they're just you know, wanting things because you know, their mom, their partner or their dog wants it, not necessarily because they want it a bit. What you will find is if you constantly chase these things where you haven't done the inner work and you're not completely clear from a very like heart centered place, you will never feel fulfilled, you'll never feel happy, you will always feel that lost feeling. Yeah, so that's why it's so important to you know, do this work first, and then once you know you get clear and that you will then learn the formula that you can apply to any situation in your life to upgrade it, to go to the next level, to manifest really really big. Like the like the little thing is like the effort it takes to manifest something big is the exact same as something small. And that's what if that mind fuck you a little bit, don't worry, we get into it. But it really is a life changing course and it's like manifestation one on one, but also so much self development in just getting you to a place where you fucking love who you are and you fucking love your life and you are so excited and like that is like that's where I want everyone to sit and feel and just feel so like, oh my god, I'm living my dream reality, even like it's going to be so different for everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So project literally launches on the eighteenth. It actually like we don't start until let's have a look, so we don't actually start to the thirteenth of February. And that's just because we wanted to leave the cart open for a good amount of time, just because I know it is an investment, and I also know how chaotic January can sometimes, and I know, like you know, we're just getting back into work. We're like really creating those strong habits, We're creating routine, and I really wanted you guys to be out a point where you can put a lot of time and energy into this because honestly, the amount of energy you put into it is what you will get out of it. And it does like it's literally life changing, So of course there's going to be an energy exchange of like you need to show up and you need to put in the work. So I just wanted to make sure it was at a time where you guys could do that. All the details would be on the website or my Instagram or anywhere. And yeah, I'm really excited. This is a live round, which means there's a live Facebook group, there is life calls. I'll be in the Facebook group, you know, the team will be in there will be making sure you have the best experience. And yeah, I'm so bloody excited for another round it here. I'm really like, after the holidays, my cup is feeling so full and I'm like feeling on fire for this one mean too. And then to have the journal I know it's gonna be so good. It's such an epic tool, and it's just it's so pretty and it's just such a vibe. So really excited to bring that to you as well. Before we get into the hot land or a tear watch your recommendation, I have to tell.
Speaker 2: Us My first one is just like for your year, pick a skill that you want to get better at, and and find something you can put out into the world that helps you get better at that.
Speaker 1: Skill, if that makes sense. So give me an example.
Speaker 2: So, like, I want to get better at copywriting. So I'm just gonna start like.
Speaker 1: Doing a little news Let please do slash blog. My god, I'm so tru called out. You're honestly amazing at copywriting. Thank you. You're honestly really good. Why am I so mean?
Speaker 2: So that's what I want to do every week, just so I build the habit and then I can just like reflect and see how far I've come and.
Speaker 1: Look back at things. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then my second recommendation is actually Pinterest Predicts.
Speaker 1: Oh you you sent this to me and I sent it to your Joe. Yeah, Jodja does that a look so I'm not on my phone.
Speaker 2: A Pinterest Predicts is a report Pinterest put out at the beginning of every year where they predict the upcoming trends of the year based on what people are pinning because people pin for the future. So in the past three years their trend predictions have been eighty percent correct.
Speaker 1: Wow, And I just love reading these.
Speaker 2: So that is my other recommendation for your week is have a look at Pinterest Predicts, just for a bit of fun, to see what's coming up this year, to see what trends might be around, especially if you're running a business and or you work in social media and you want to make sure that you're like up.
Speaker 1: With all that stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a good, good little report. It's very aesthetic to read, very easy to read too.
Speaker 1: I love that recommendation. A tear, thank you. I'll be looking at the report after Okay. So I also have two because I wanted to copy you. So I have been very immersed in health yes content right now, and I've got a great podcast for you guys. The podcast is The Diary of a CEO with Deven Bartlet and it's episode two O nine, Doctor Tim Spector. The title is The Shocking New Truth about Weight Loss, calories and diets. So interesting every like doesn't need a bit of a trigger. Whatding no no in such a good way of like, if you're like a BT, you're probably gonna fucking hate it. It just contradicts so much hit on Instagram. I cannot You need to listen to it. Yeah, well it's fucking so interesting. But it made me really look at things a different way and like it was a catalyst to me, like really putting some like health goals in place. So listen to that. It's a goodie. We'll put in the show notes. And then my second one is Avatar. I recommended that in our idim did you tell us about it? So, I honestly could not remember the first one. I saw it when I was fourteen, and I just I was nine. I could not remember. I remember liking it. So me and him watch that and I loved it, and I was like, we need to see the second one. So we went to the movies. We went gold class and really treated ourselves and it was just amazing. Like I just I loved the story. It was one of those movies I could not like stop watching. I was in so much anticipation. I actually felt bitter anxious some of the movie. Yeah, it just grips you. It grips you, and I love a movie that grips you, and for a movie to grip you for like three hours is extraordinary. So yeah, I definitely recommend. It was interesting because I literally had a girlfriend who saw it who I asked her. I was like, Oh, is it worth going to the cinemas? And then like in that time, I already booked the cinemas, and then she was like, nah, just watch it at home. So I went in thinking, oh, it's probably not going to be that good, but I left thinking what the fuck is She just so highly highly recommend. I don't know if it's still in cinemas.
Speaker 2: But it is, and I would highly recommend seeing it in the cinema because you're not going to get that experience at home from your TV.
Speaker 1: It was epek. I'm also watching Ginny and Georgia season two on Netflix. Let's get into the show.
Speaker 2: Our first question, what are your ins and outs for twenty twenty three? Oh?
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: I mean too. I've been seeing it all over Instagram and I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: So ins and outs. I love this law trend at the moment.
Speaker 2: I also love that now again socially acceptable to put screenshots of notes Yeah on Instagram feeds.
Speaker 1: It's back up, love it back Okay, So ince lucky girl syndrome. I love lucky girls syndrome. I love that this is a trend on I think it's TikTok is it? It's more on TikTok And I love it because I'm like, welcome to the club. This is literally just manifesting and everyone's like, oh my god, there's new concept and I'm like nice hello. So R and C fam are probably like, yeah, old news, but it's like it's our core belief of life happens for me, and sitting in that feeling of even when something's going wrong, it's like no, no, this is actually happening for me exactly. It still gets to be like amazing and it's going to end up better than how you could have imagined. And like most of so if you guys don't know what I'm talking about. On TikTok, everyone's talking about this lucky girl syndrome where they are a quote unquote lucky girl and certain things will happen and they will just like fall into place, or you know, maybe they'll miss the bus but then something happens when they get the next bus or you know, certain things like that, which is like serendipitous. Yeah, and I'm my gosh, this is all just manifesting and living in the core belief of life happens for me. So I love it. It's just like making it more mainstream. SO love that. That's definitely an INN and we're going to continue the life happens for me. Next one capsule wardrobe a tear. If I can't wear something ten times, we're not buying it. I love it. We're buying pieces that we can continuously wear and like dial differently and quality over quantity. That's like my big thing this year. And I don't want just like a closet full of clothes. I want things that match and go together and I'm gonna wear and that feel really good and are like high quality.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Next linen, she's going through her linen era. We are you wearing linen today? Yeah? Yeah, I love it. We're both wearing linen and it's neutral. Yeah, it's just a bit of a vibe and it feels I have linen sheets also, and it's so My interior designer was like, oh, do you guys want linen sheets? And I was like, oh no, like scratcheas yeah, scratchyet and she's like no, trust me, they will change your life, like once you've slept in them for a couple of nights. Yeah, And so I was like, okay, I'll try them. And I got them and Tim said the exact same thing, and he's like, why would you get linen? Bobba like going off. We put them on and we are both obsessed, like obsessed. If you don't have linen sheets, this is what you need to try in twenty twenty three. And of course leton clothes guys. Next one. Oysters what this is so abandoned, but I just feel so passionate about this. Oysters are so delicious and if you think they're gross, like my response to you is like, grow the fuck up. I know that's my response.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, I'm a child and I hate seafood.
Speaker 1: You're a child. I'm anyone who's like ill the texture, I'm like, grow the fuck up. Honestly, that's how I fucking feel about oysters. And that's it. And also oysters and champagne is just a vibey take your word on that. The next in strong boundaries a tear. Last year nearly broke me. I know, I know, christ, but this year is strong boundaries, sticking to my word, my word is all and really being like if it is not a hell, yes, it's a no, and sticking to that, not dancing around the fact, and being very unapologetic. I actually I had this thing that came up, a text message something someone wanting me, wanting something from me. And I would usually like respond to someone and be like, oh, let me have a think about it, or like make up an excuse or you know, something like to lessen the blow yep, but I was just like no, Wow. I fully was like, no, that's not in integrity with how I want to shop up this year, blah blah blah, and put down the boundary. Congratulations, that's amazing, and was so unapologetic about it, and I was like yes, and I even was so tempted to be like, oh, not right now, but I'm like no, no, so no. Yeah. So that's like a big thing I'm trying to set into. Oh and also and the next in is aware parenting. What is that for us that don't have children? So really random? My massage a lady is like so wo wo And we were talking about a lot of different concepts while getting a message, and she was telling me about this podcast called a ware Parenting. Let me get it up on Spotify, the Wear Parenting podcasts by Marion Rose PhD and Layel Stone. And so it's just this concept of It's really funny because in my journal I've been writing a lot about how like I love my parents, but some of how they parented me. I don't want to parent Ivy in the same way. And I don't want to just parent her how I was parented. I kind of want to learn and have all the tools and then decide myself if that makes sense. I don't want to just be conditioned to parent a certain way because my parents parented a certain way, Like I had a great childhood. I love my parents and I'm very thankful of how they parented me. I just kind of want to, you know, experiment, experiment and like make my own pathway and have all the tools, because that's how I do everything in life. And I have been like writing my journal about finding either a course or something to come up to help me with parenting Ivy, just because me and Tim are noticing she's only one, but she's starting to like she's so developed, and she's so smart, and she's starting to understand concept concepts, and we're even even noticing, like we'll laugh at her and then she'll do that thing again. Ah, but usually that thing is like you know, naughty, yeah, or like she's throwing food or something, and so we're just noticing, like we have to be conscious now how we show up and how we like parent her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I've been writing my journal literally probably since I reckon September last year. I wanted a way of parenting to come up that felt really good and felt really aligned. I'd done a little bit of research, but like nothing felt good anyway. I listened to this podcast and I love it. I love what they talk about, and it's all about letting your children experience their feelings and not feeling shame, but also having strong boundaries and just it's very interesting and it's beautiful. And so I'm actually going to do a course about aware parenting and me and him are going to do it together, and I just I feel really excited about it because it just it feels really good and I hadn't heard it before. That's so cool. So where parenting is in, well, like for now, we'll see. I'll see if I like the course. My outs, Yes, tell them mom guilt good, Mum Guilt's gone. We're done with her. And she's out snoozing my alarm. So I always I always get to my gym session, but most of the time it's like just on time, yeah, or usually a couple of minutes after because I've snoozed my alarm. And I just this concept that I've been really leaning into in the new year is this how you do one thing is how you do everything. So like really trying to show up of I can't be like you jump on this podcast and be like Georgie on her next level in twenty twenty three and I'm a powerful beach and blah blah blah, and then I'm still fucking snoozing my alarm to me like I want I love this word. Ellie was talking to me about of like having integrity with everything you do, and I want to show up in integrity in even the small things, because you know they're truly the big thing. So I thought, I was like, oh my god, that is something that I do is snooze my alarm and something similar to that on that kind of wavelength is scrolling before I go to bed. That is out a tr go so bad. Like I'm thinking, what I'm gonna do is put a timer on and give myself twenty minutes, like because I don't go on my phone once I get home because I'm with Ivy. Yeah, so as soon as she's asleep, I will put a timer on and I'll give myself twenty minutes. And then the phone is on air aplane in Mote and I'm either reading, journaling or meditating. We're not scrolling. Another out is gluten. Oh, Gluten's out. And this is not like this is because of my thyroid. I CA Yeah, it's not like me saying I don't want eat gluten because it you know, I love gluten. I love gluten too.
Speaker 2: It's good that you're doing that for your thyroid. Though it's important.
Speaker 1: Well, it's so important. Even Ellie kind of called me out of it and was like, you dabble in gluten and then you complain about your thyroid's not getting better, and I'm like, so gluten's out for me personally, just because thyroid issues. Picking the easier option, going back to the is this integral with like my next level self or am I just picking the easy option? Because a lot of the time last year, I just picked the easy option, which I think is okay. I gave myself grace because a lot was on last year. But this year, I'm like, no, I'm standing in integrity. And then the last out is comparing my body to anyone else or even my previous self. We're not doing that this year because I think being postpartum last year, I never expressed it, but I was comparing myself a lot. Yeah, and I'm just like, such a waste of brain capacity, and we're not doing that, And I'm just embracing myself and like even to my past self, because I was really good at not comparing myself to like rather people. Yeah, but I would compare myself to my previous self. But I'm like, I'm not going backwards. I'm going forward and I'm just not doing that.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So they are my ins and outs. What are yours?
Speaker 2: My ins and outs? And I wrote this before I heard yours, but some of them are the same, which excites me. My first is risk taking. So I feel like a lot of my life I've wanted to do these big, amazing things and then I psyck myself out and I really don't want to do that. In twenty twenty three, I'm gonna do things if I want to do them. I'm not gonna worry about if it's gonna work or not. I'm not gonna worry about if people are gonna like it or not, or what they're gonna think. I'm just gonna do it and see what happens. And then number two, my second in is making my word law. I really am. Similar to what you said and what Ellie's talking about is living with integrity. If I say I'm gonna do something, I'm actually gonna do it. I don't want to be a flaky person. I want to be someone who respects myself and takes myself seriously. So I really want to make that a big deal this year. Number three in is my health. I really want to prioritize it and respect it and respect that time as equally as.
Speaker 1: My other values.
Speaker 2: So if I'm going to catch up up with someone and they ask me to do it in my gym time, I need to be a bit stricter with my boundaries and say no.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 2: And then another in for me is balance. I want to make sure I'm filling all my buckets up and valuing them all equally. Again, I think that's something that I haven't done in the past. Is I valued some buckets over others when they're all as important as each other. And just like be a well rounded person love, My other one is investing purposefully. So I don't want to be buying things material or not that I will not get the most value out of. And I really want it to be a considered decision, not an impulse decision, so almost take things a little bit slower. Then another in for me is a reflection. I want to be open to reflecting on the things I do and the things I don't do and why and how does that make me feel? More often than I have been. And then that's actually something.
Speaker 1: I got from the do it for your future self of course is I thought, I really need to be doing this monthly.
Speaker 2: Literally, like when I tried to do that audit, I was it took me hours, I know, because you hadn't done it in so long, and I just said, every week, I need to sit down. I need to hire loan a milestone, no matter how big or small, so that when I get to the six month mark in the year or the year or a year mark and I redo the do it for your future self. Course, this needs to be easy for me because there needs to be something I do often.
Speaker 1: That's even like I literally put in a calendar thing that's like the first on every month to do an audit. I love that because, let's be honest, I'm not doing it weekly, that's true, and I'm going to do it every month of like look at my buckets and be like where am I actually like lacking right now and where do I need to like put more time and energy the next month. It's like I lowly important until it gets like empty and literally broken, because I realize a lot last year was like just one or two buckets feeling broken all the time and really leaking energy, and then that making me feel like it was like not like a shit year, but like it was only one bucket, and if I just like evened the attention, it would have felt so much less overwhelming.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: My last in is the five four three two one technique. What's that?
Speaker 2: And that's gonna help me make my word law in that if I say I'm gonna do something, I just need to do it straight away. I need to count down from five four three two one and then just do it. Oh's that from Mel Robbins? Yes, so did you read her book? I haven't, I do need to? It's it actually popped up on my TikTok feed where someone explained that by counting down from five, you interrupt your sort of risk not risk taking, but the bit of your brain that questions what you're about to do or is able to give you excuses. You interrupt that thought pattern and it just gets you ready to do it.
Speaker 1: Do I need to do that when my alarm goes off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Five four three two one and get out of bed. Okay, Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: So that's my last in. My aunt's leaky energy.
Speaker 1: Mmm, done with it.
Speaker 2: I'm dealing with things in.
Speaker 1: The moment, fucking done with it.
Speaker 2: I'm dealing with things in the moment, and if I don't, that's on me. I need a little burning ceremony and internally close it.
Speaker 1: Up, not letting it fester. Yes, no festering. No festering here.
Speaker 2: And then my second one was comparison with your Yes, I feel like not just with my body, but with like life stages, especially like now I'm twenty two, twenty three, everyone's so different, Like people are getting engaged.
Speaker 1: Now I'm old and twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like some people are getting engaged that I know, some people are still single, some people are having babies at twenty two, babies euro Summers. Like everybody's so deep, so wild, and I need to stop worrying about that and just really connect with my own path and my values and not and not let that make me feel like I'm not doing things right.
Speaker 1: Love. Yeah, what others think is also out.
Speaker 2: I need to stop worrying about it. I just need to do my own thing and not worry about, oh what will this person think if they see that or that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Interesting, it's a big one for me.
Speaker 2: And then I've obviously put impulse purchases. They're out, yes, and binging, binging, is out for me in twenty twenty three, I want what do you mean by that? Like content? I don't want to binge watch Netflix. I don't like if a TV series comes out, I really want to take my time with it, watch an episode a week or an episode a day.
Speaker 1: I'm really good at that, I know you are, and I'm not. And like, because Tim will literally want to be in something and I'm like, no, let's say that. Yes, and he's like, but why it literally hates me. And I'm also like, I if I love a show and I find it during the week, I will literally not watch it and wait till the weekend because I like to save her something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm really good at that.
Speaker 2: So I want to get better at just because why the reason I would constantly binge things? And literally at the end of the year, I was like, I got nothing left it watch like there's nothing Yeah, And then I feel that time with stupid fhit And so I really want to be able to be patient enough and disciplined enough to know this is not the time for me.
Speaker 1: To be what's it called delayed gratification.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I think, especially now, we're very much conditioned to have instant gratification.
Speaker 1: Sorry, just dropped again. Yeah, I'm actually so good at delayed gratification, even the way of I've got all these parcels downstairs of like stuff I bought on Boxing Day, and I'm only taking home one parcel and then like I'll slowly take it home and open it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I want the delayed gratification. God, I literally could never do that. And that's that's not wild, that's so good.
Speaker 1: I remember my parents teaching me delayed gratification growing up.
Speaker 2: My mom tried, she really tried. It didn't work, And.
Speaker 1: Like I remember my parents saying stuff like if my brothers wanted tattoos, they had to wait like three months and if then they still wanted it and they could get it, and stuff like that, Wow. Or if you wanted something growing up, I would have to wait a couple of weeks to see if you still wanted that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my rule for myself this year too. I need to wait four to eight weeks for anything I want to buy, unless it's a replacement of something.
Speaker 1: What if I've sold out too bad?
Speaker 2: So sad? Did I really need it?
Speaker 1: Shocked?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Let's see if that I have wish list already, it's.
Speaker 1: I also I want to make a wish list this year. Yeah, because I saw everyone had one last year, and when like when people asked me what my wishes, I had nothing. I've bought everything I want or I just like I want sing and I forget because I didn't put on the list. Yeah, right, and make a lessens say that's love. Those in and outs love this for us.
Speaker 2: And then I added snoozing my alarm when you said it, and I also had mindless scrolling on.
Speaker 1: There, so yeah, that's really getting us. I just want to be purposeful with my time. Yeah. And also sometimes I think like it's also just a weird concept to not be present in your life, to watch someone else's life. That's what my dad always says to me. He's like, you're wasting your life watching other people live theirs. That's oh my god. That gets me all the time. And I say that to Tim too, and he's always like, I'm literally in bed doing nothing, and I might to share you're literally watching Netflix. Shut the fuck up, all right.
Speaker 2: Next question, our next question.
Speaker 1: I love this one, so.
Speaker 2: I'd love to get our insight on how a scarcity or lack mindset works in terms of money, things and experiences and feeling like you can't get enough of it, regardless of earning a what is considered a good income. And she's also said she struggles to save and she used to not quite understand the concept of an abundant mindset and thought it was just acting like a rich person and spending.
Speaker 1: All her money. I'd love this so much because I can relate. See, I'm like the opposite in the regards of I used to be such are what's the word when you're like really good at saving money? Frugal? Ah, so frugal and so good at the words living within your means were like my Bible. Yeah, I was so good at that and so like frifty. And then once I found manifesting and abundance, so that worked quite well for.
Speaker 2: Me because.
Speaker 1: So that why can well because I was like the opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyway back to the question, so I know I do. I love this question because like, being abundant is not just spending all your money. Yeah, Because if we're going back to like what we're talking about with integrity, like I guarantee you that is not in integrity with your goals or with you as a person, or what you value. So I'm guessing and I do kind of know this person, so I kind of I know exactly what she's talking about. And it's being abundant in the way of like, you know, being like, oh, well, I've got to act abundance. I'm gonna go buy that y a cell bag. Where it's like you might have a wage that can you know, support that, but do you also have other priorities in your life like your partner and you wanting to buy a house, yeah, or like wanting to go overseas on trip correct. Yeah, And so in those times, I really really do not believe in being abundant is spending all your money, yeah, because that is not abundance. That is putting yourself in a mode of lack because then once you spend that money.
Speaker 2: You don't have any well correct, thank you pointing that out.
Speaker 1: So I want you to start thinking of like you can still have a budget, be thrifty, be conscious and good with your money, but still be abundant because it's the energy in which you spend and it's the energy in which you you know, think and feel about money. Yeah, that is different. To the actual doing. So the doing abundant might be spending the money, but the being abundant is not spending the money when that is not integral with who you are and your prodies and your goals.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: So I feel like that kind of like explains it a little bit. And also this energy of I what does she say, like you can never get enough? What reckon she means by that? I too well?
Speaker 2: For me, it's almost like no matter how hard you try, or you're maybe earning a decent wage or like a good income, it's still not enough for the life you want kind of thing. Yeah, like not feeling abundant enough, I think, Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I think you need to shift in regards to living within your means does not mean you're in a scarcity mindset. Yeah, Like that does not mean that at all. You can still live within your means and budget and thrift and whatnot and still be in an abundant mindset because you've also got to be like, you also have to be conscious about your priorities and if you are saving money or you yeah, you need to have a certain amount of money, you're not gonna go then spend it, because that is going to put you in a scarcity mindset.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I feel like something that clicked for me with this is things like, for example, fuel, I would struggle to fill my tank up when fuel was expensive because it felt weird, like it felt so expensive to pay all that money for fuel at once. So I do like fifty dollars at a time instead of putting one hundred and fifty dollars and just filling my fuel tank up, Whereas now I'll just fill my fuel tank up, like I'm not gonna wait for the price to go down a couple of cents and things like that, because it I need fuel to get to work to make money, yes, and so I'm okay for spending that and it doesn't feel gross or ichy, and I don't feel bad when I spend that money, whereas I used to feel bad when I spent that money and would make myself spend less.
Speaker 1: And it's the shift in.
Speaker 2: Mindset for me. And also like I feel good when I find a DIY hack for something. Yeah, so I'll do it and I love that, yeah, and it feels right.
Speaker 1: That's even like a tear I was thinking the other day because I did a big like closet, clean out of my closet and also Ivy's closet, and I like there was a bunch of stuff that I was giving away to like some girlfriends and like my mom and stuff. But then there was also a bunch of stuff that is like I had literally recently bought, especially because Ivy fucking grows so much, but like I had just bought and she's worn once or I've just bought, and like I've worn once, and I was like I should really put this on deepop yeah. And but then there was a part of me who is like, what a waste of time and energy And it's not even like you're going to get you know, much back or anything like yeah, but it was like the energy of what's going to feel really good for you because this year I do want to be like way more sustainable and not just like bye bye bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I was like, no, it actually feels really good to make sure this goes to like a good home.
Speaker 2: And to someone who will love it and use it and who wants it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it won't feel like just wasted energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was like, yeah, it was like this weird thing I had to like progress and get into absolutely love that.
Speaker 2: That was a big thing for me, I think because I used to very much think abundance of just spending money.
Speaker 1: I think also like people think manifesting, and you know, an abundant mindset doesn't mesh with a budget. But like that's not correct because again it's I used to explain like you, like you said, if I find a bargain somewhere and it's something that I was going to buy anyway and I really needed and I loved and I was gonna buy it anyway, and it's a bargain, I don't go, oh well, I'm not gonna buy it because that's like a scarcity mindset. Or I don't buy cheap things anymore because I'm about quality and abundance. It's like it doesn't matter. That is different compared to buying something that's cheaper because it's cheaper. Yes, when you like the full price thing more, yes, yes, that is the difference. And it took me so long to get on board with that. And that is like that's a similar thing of don't just spend your money willy nilly, because that's also not the energy and what you want to spend things you want to spend your money because you need, you love, you want, not just an impulse buy or because you think you know this thing will make you feel a certain way. That's like different energies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I've now noticed in myself that I feel so much better when I really think about something and maybe even don't buy something than if I bought it, Like I feel better inside when I don't buy it because I'm like, you know what, I actually didn't need that, Like I just wanted to spend money to spend money.
Speaker 1: I love that so much. Confessions of a chopperholic. You really are, I know, not this year, not this year.
Speaker 2: It's the ninth of January.
Speaker 1: I've not brought anything but the abundance money. Makeover money, my book Makeover ebook would be amazing for this person. And we'll chuck the link in the show notes because it is so about the energy. And I also think like it is important to if you do have you know, certain money goals, or you want to buy a house or go overseas, like I think it is important to have a budget, absolutely have certain saving hacks, Like I don't think that is yet different to like manifesting. It's not like, what's that called like conflicting? Yeah at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they work really well together.
Speaker 1: It's well about the energy. It's all about the energy.
Speaker 2: Lucky. Last question, Hey, Gi, I love some advice on how to deal with partners or family members that don't believe in manifesting. I'm currently really trying to start pushing myself to dream bigger and go for my goals. In twenty twenty three PS, I did the do It for your Future Self course and loved it. I shared my goals and things I want to start manifesting with my partner, but he called me a bit crazy and told me that it's not really possible. I love him and he's amazing, but would love some tips on how to get through things like this, as his opinion obviously means a lot to me and I'm unsure on what to do. Thank you.
Speaker 1: So this is controversial, but I do not tell Tim anything. I'm just really no, not anything. But I am so specific with telling people what I'm manifesting or my big life, like I doubt anyone knows in my head, like what is my big big life. I'm just I just refuse to tell anyone that I know is going to tarnish is going to bring me down or not let me believe in that big life, because honestly, like sixty percent of what manifesting is is you believing you are worthy for that thing. Yeah, that's honestly the hard part. And that's where you know, going through your limiting beliefs and like doing the inner work and the shadow work comes in. And that's why I feel like I'd been able to manifest things quite fast and a certain way is because I don't tell people, because that just creates another barrier. Like I'm already trying to convince myself that I deserve this thing. I don't have to fucking convince someone else to do it. It's hard work to do that. And so it's a little bit different now with Tim because he does believe in you know, manifesting and all the tools that I talk about, and and but that's just because of how much evidence we have now. And so if you asked him to believe in manifesting, he's like, of course I do, like look at our house and life and everything. Yeah, Whereas when I just started getting into you know, a spirit, my spirituality and using these tools and manifesting, I literally would not tell Tim about my big life and my big dream because it is it's hard to get on the vibration if other people are pulling you back. So my big thing is like if you like, can't you know, really convince that person, like just keep it close to your heart. Yeah, Like I just don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's not being you know, secretive or I just don't think. Yeah, I just don't think there's anything wrong with it. And I truly believe also in this saying in the self development world of like keep your side of the street clean. I love that quote, and that is just about like make sure you're in check with your integrity, with your beliefs, and do like what you're saying you're going to do, and you know, do your routines and rituals, and do not be worried about what other people are doing, including your partner and family. And I know that can be so hard for people who they you know, they want to share and they get excited. This is this always happens to me. Is like you know, I you know, I get excited and I feel this and I just want to you want to tell people, but you have to be so conscious because a lot of people they don't like it's not on their heart, so they can't get, you know, onto your level. So it's going to be really hard for them to be supportive, especially if they are someone who you know, has a lot of limiting beliefs and has a lot of like these negative thought loops. So my biggest advice is to like just keep it to yourself, keep your side of the street clean, do your work. And what's really beautiful is the people who are meant to be in your life and who will support you will stay there, and a lot of the time they will evolve, which I've spoken a lot about, you know, tim you know evolving and up leveling and you know, now believing and manifesting. Yeah, and also I have a beautiful story of my best friend, Lessinda, who we met when I was thirteen, And there was definitely a period when we were maybe twenty two to like twenty five or twenty four, like a good couple of years where I was full into self development and she wasn't, and we were quite distant, like we were always really great friends. Yeah, but it's like I just I didn't talk to her about self development because I knew she couldn't quite grasp where I was. Yeah, and then she had a really life changing, you know, tragic thing that happened that turned her to self development. And then she got into self development. And now we're really on the same level where we can have these really beautiful conversations of our big life and I feel like I'm not worried about her, you know, shitting on it. So yeah, I know it's kind of a tough one, but that, Yeah, that would be my advice. It is.
Speaker 2: I am open about some of my goals because they are big, but I always have to go back to the quote of if someone's not laughing at your dreams or.
Speaker 1: Not big enough, I know, but you've got to be theer. You've got to be the person who's able to deal with someone laughing at your dreams. Yea, I am so not the person if you laugh on my dreams, I would be quite upset. So I'm just not going to tell you. Yeah, that's so fair.
Speaker 2: I think there are some people that if they laughed, I'd be quite affected, but others.
Speaker 1: I'm just like something I'm going to that I love it. Yeah, it depends what sort of person I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, I'm gone prove you wrong. But in saying that, big big, big goals. And it's different when it's your partner or your family telling you that they don't think you can do it, because obviously that's a lot harder than just someone else. Yeah, I would, yeah, either keep it to myself or I feel like, if it's a heart desire and they're not on board, I just very nicely tell them that don't don't bring that energy into my zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to hear your negative thoughts about it. I'm gonna go ahead and do this. I now understand that that's a bit of a taboo subject for us, and I won't talk to you about it again.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, I totally agree of if you have already brought that up with that person and they maybe you know, didn't react in the way you wanted to. Definitely then creating that boundary where you're like, yeah, we're not going to talk about this thing because it, you know, upsets me and brings the vibe down. Yeah, and even just flagging that because sometimes they might not realize. Yeah, like if someone says, oh, like you're not going to be able to do that because of X and X reason, and you know that it's coming from a place of goodness. Like when I bought my car, I bought it brand new, and I did have people close to me tell me, oh, you don't buy a car brand new.
Speaker 2: You don't buy a car brand you're Oh my gosh, how are you going to get alone? Like you're so young and you're applying for it by yourself, and there's no way the bank's going to approve you for that. So don't get too disappointed if you can't get it. And I would just I turned around and it said to them, like, I really appreciate where you're coming from, because I know you're trying to protect me, but I don't. I don't appreciate being told I can't do something that I want. Yeah, because I'll get it and I did and I did. So just being able to say that in that moment, I think is important too, Yeah, because they might not realize that they're actually affecting you that much because you value what they think.
Speaker 1: Self development and having big goals can be lonely. It is. And in saying that, though, I think there's a lot of great and there's a lot of like something I personally like just love is I love, not like not telling anyone I'm doing something and then just being like bam, so what's that quote? It's like don't tell people, show people. Yeah, And so like, you know, if you do have manifesting goals or exciting goals, like just work on them by yourself and stay in your own lane and don't be you know what. Sometimes like I can't stand people who like they talk the talk, but they can't walk the walk. Like I'm thinking of someone very particular right now, and they'll tell you they've got all these big goals and dreams, but it's like you've been saying that for years and I have not seen anything. And there's just so much grace in because I thought it was me that I was like, you haven't known me for you No, there's an insecurity you need to work on that trigger. I just feel like there's so much grace in just like doing the thing and doing it for yourself and quietly, not other people. And I feel like sometimes one more thing you need to figure out you telling that person, You need to figure out you need to figure out you telling that person and them validating you is what you're looking for and indeed think why am I needing this validation? Like is this? Am I doing this for this person to impress them? Yeah, that's also just like you know, yeah, obviously it's her partner. So it's like, I get what you want to tell you. That's so fair enough. But if you are someone who just like wants to tell people, I would just be super interested to even be like, why do you want to tell people something to journal on? Anyway, I think that's all we've got time for today. Yeah, thank you so much for listening. Guys, it's so good to be back in your ears. And yeah, we'll chaut to you later.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.