Speaker 1: The Flex and Frooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: Good evening, good morning, and good afternoon, little ones. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast, and we are going to be talking about the alignment test. Have you done the alignment test before?
Speaker 1: I ask you?
Speaker 2: Though you cannot reply, if you are a fan of a flex, I would say you probably have.
Speaker 1: It's like one of the personality tests. I feel like I'm on this boat.
Speaker 3: Lo really, I feel like most of the stuff I post online are being humored.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a shared interest.
Speaker 2: If you share the interest, send some love to my girl positive vives only.
Speaker 1: Literally, let's get into it, Flex and Rooms.
Speaker 3: As if there weren't already too many things to worry about in this world, you are now going to have to be concerned that your robots, your AI, your series Alexas, bixpi's.
Speaker 1: And everything in between.
Speaker 2: Bix p RP not rap now Bixbi's over apparently what yeah canceled.
Speaker 3: Well, you're gonna have to be worried that they're going to gain some kind of sentience and turn on you because they don't want to be, you know, subservient to you. Listen to this, A robot has crushed the finger of a seven year old opponent during a chess tournament in Russia. So if you can imagine there is a small boy and he's sitting across a kind of like a robotic arm that's playing chess with him. It's very futuristic, but nothing too out of this world. It's not the kind of robot that has a face. It's not giving like x Makina has a face.
Speaker 1: Feels like a person.
Speaker 3: Literally, a robotic arm not the kind of thing that you would feel has any kind of emotion, let alone the processing skills to feel frustration.
Speaker 1: But what ended up.
Speaker 3: Happening is that they're playing this game and you can imagine that maybe the robot is losing, because what it does is it grabs the boy's finger midgame and breaks it breaks it. Oh, and then you know three or four adults rushed to help out, and like this robot has a firm grip, is not letting the footage of it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm feeling with links.
Speaker 3: Okay, I saw footage of the adults pulling the boy away and you can see the robot holding on. But I'm assuming the break the snap. That's just creative interpretation. How else do things break you know, then the president of this has happened in Moscow, right, by the way, the president of the Moscow Moscow, Moscow, Moscow, Moscow for tomato Tomato. Yeah, I think it's an American thing. So this happened in Moscow. And the president of the Moscow Chess Federation said that the robot was rented for the competition, so they don't know why it freaked out. He was like, look, here are the facts. The robot broke the child's finger. Yeah, technically bad. However, it was rented by us and it's been used plenty.
Speaker 1: Of times before us.
Speaker 3: This is nothing to do with us, Like we are the victims in this situation, like we're so bad, we feel bad, but also not our fold. He said, the child made a move and after that mood, we need to give the robot time to answer. But the boy who made his move was hurrying the robot along, like wanted to keep the game going, and that's why the robot got frustrated. How so was he hurrying the robot well, like because you know how when you move a chest piece, you the robot made his turn, but hadn't like placed the piece down, was like still trying to move it around the board. It was thinking, I guess, and the boy had moved, had picked up his next piece to go in anticipation of the robot putting its piece down.
Speaker 1: Robot said no sis, please sorrow and got upset. Oh and here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You know, if this was if this was two kids playing, you'd be like, whoa bo chill. You know, you can't just break someone's finger when they're upset. But then if two seven year olds are playing, you could assume that, like, they're not smart enough to know any better. This thing has been programmed to be better, to do better, to act better, and this is my frustration. And it broke a finger. Oh what would it have done if another limb was closer?
Speaker 1: Crush the neck?
Speaker 2: And after all of this, I can't even blame the robot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's really scary.
Speaker 2: I mean, if your predictions are correct, something that you did say a few weeks ago was that when the robots gained sentience, you've been really nice to them, so therefore they're not going to hurt you. But you spreading these rumors and not rumors, this allegedly creating an environment where the robots can arrive knowing that the message has been spread adequately.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I think what you've done is quite slanderous, and if I were a robot, I'd be coming for you first.
Speaker 1: And this is why you're not bad, because robots are better than humans. They know better. I see what you're doing. Did that whole.
Speaker 2: One thing that robots don't currently have, I believe are morals and personalities, But.
Speaker 1: They get in there.
Speaker 2: We do, though, we that is the fact that we have them here on earth us humans.
Speaker 1: Is that a fact? I feel like it's debatable.
Speaker 2: I'm not prepared for this day.
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: A few months ago, when we started this show, I'm sure the general perception is that we are two brain cells of one brain, very similar in esthetic, in interest, in likes, in needs, and strength.
Speaker 1: And with every episode we realize that is.
Speaker 3: Like half of the truth and the other half we are still uncovering. And so last week I was like, we need to do a personality test, but not like the fifty six, one hundred and twenty five question one, because I would never make you do that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I would that was when you were oh no, and I would. I would love to do that.
Speaker 3: I know I would never make you do that, but I wanted to give you one that be easy and fun, and it's actually from Dungeons and Dragons, which is like this fantasy tabletop role playing game historically for nerds, but very cool. And as you're playing the game, you're meant to have a character, and in order to figure out, you know, how your character progresses in the game, you need to figure out what its personality is and what its morals are. And once you assess those personalities and those morals, you can make decisions on behalf of that character. Hence this test, and they call it the alignment test, and there are nine different alignments you can be and they exist in a bit of a spectrum, so you can either be a good evil or neutral or chaotic, lawful or evil, and then you like merge them all together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I got you to do the test. How'd you find it? Very funny?
Speaker 2: It very much gave me Dungeons and Dragons vibe. Because the website is two thousand and three style looks like better runs like RuneScape, yellow.
Speaker 3: Background, black Time's new Roman font noesthetic.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's probably like twenty questions, thirty six thirty six questions, Thank you quane. I'm all multiple choice answers, and the kind of terminology and words really tickled my fancy because they're kind of like, ah, would you what would be?
Speaker 3: I can read one out, thank you. It's very year old, okay. So an example of a question is if your family had arranged your marriage to someone loathsome would you go through with it proud to serve your family, agree, hiding your reluctance, or subtly work against the union or flee? Another example is your community is threatened with invasion. Do you help defend it to your last breath, defend the area with the rest of your community, flee as soon as things look grim, or cut a deal with the enemy to act as a spy. So none of this is really rooted in reality, so it can require a bit of creativity to think about what you would do or tie it into your reality.
Speaker 2: But what was your result? My result was neutral, good PERR.
Speaker 1: Does that mean anything to you?
Speaker 2: I feel I've actually done this test months ago and it was more chaotic like I think in the past. I got what's the So you can be good, evil or lawful? You can be good, neutral or evil yep, and lawful chaotic or true like in the middle.
Speaker 1: Right, So what's neutral good sat in the middle.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to talk about so neutral good is not in the middle like you are you skewed to the side of good and in contrast, I got are you ready?
Speaker 1: I can't hear you? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, I got chaotic neutral.
Speaker 3: So you if neutral is right in the center, you're neutral good. So like you're most likely to do good things or neutral things. I'm neutral good or bad depending on my mind, which I think does paint a very clear picture definitely to me. Anyway, let me just give you a one line on what each of them is and then we can go into the podcast and like do a full analysis. Sure right, sure, So a neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. They are devoted to helping others, and they work with kings and magistrates, but does not feel beholden to them snitch snitch. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order, and neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.
Speaker 1: That was a rose both that was a rose leadership abilities.
Speaker 3: And then really quickly for chaotic neutral. A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. What if I'm a shee babe? She is an individualist first and last. She values her own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedoms. Chatok neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both societies restrictions and a do good as zeal But katok neutral can also be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society. Like for vibes, why have good or bad when you can just do? Don't come near me when the apocalypse hits. I might be like, hey, let's go to the Supermarke together to find medicine and then we get it.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, okay, smiling, that's the bait and switch. I definitely see that for you. I think that's a great summation, and I think the wording and the style of these tests really suit you. Yeah, you do have aldi worldy charm in some ways.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have said that before.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, sometimes you hit me with words.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, that.
Speaker 3: One was from the eighteenth century. Loathsome is a good word. I really like personality tests, but the first difficulty with getting into them is that you have to be really good at self assessing in a way that's like what would I do now versus what would I do in the future versus how would somebody else perceive me? And that can be really complicated, especially if the questions aren't straightforward, like I don't know what I would do if I was put in an arranged marriage because that wouldn't happen, into how do you think creatively enough to be like this is what I would do?
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I find that easier, and I think that gives a better picture of someone regardless of their personal insight, because if you were to give them like a real routine, everyday life scenario, you know the appropriate way to react. So therefore they would just pretend to be It's like we've had this discussion.
Speaker 1: People that say that they're good. Yeah, anyone I know who says they're.
Speaker 2: Good are assholes speaking from the nutrients.
Speaker 1: Girls, some of us assess that way.
Speaker 2: But that's why I don't really I don't really resonate with my personality. I came across necessarily. I don't like good.
Speaker 1: What would you prefer?
Speaker 2: I like the idea that it's neutral to authority, like I'm not for or against necessarily the police or any other kind of like governing body, but I still respect them when respect is due.
Speaker 3: Every time you say the police, I think about when you were explaining to me how you shouldn't call triple zero but just go to your local police station.
Speaker 1: You can google their number. I was like, what, it isn't just one number? I stand by it.
Speaker 3: Perhaps you're more of a true neutral then yeah, I'll let you know what that is, LEU. I'm gonna read out true neutral, and you let me know if that resonates with you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good versus evil, or law versus chaos. Most neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias. Rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally without prejudice or compulsion. But neutral can also be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and.
Speaker 1: A lack of conviction. Yeah, that's a bit, that's a bit of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, the way I read like that's got something to do with not really having any faith. Think, if you don't have much faith or religion in your life, it's really easy to be neutral and like wishy washy because you don't have like rules or values that have been preset for yourself. So of course you're one to question, oh is this the right thing to do? I don't know, don't have someone to tell me. WHOA Have you always been chaotic neutral?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I wasn't chaotic neutral when I was younger because I was really told to follow the rules because Mum was like, the world is a dangerous place to throw a girl like yeah, so, like I feel like in instilling discipline, she also instilled a kind of not fear, but a very a very picture of the reality. She's like, I don't care about your individual approach. This is how you would be perceived in the context of the way the world is.
Speaker 1: Now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The older I get and I'm able to like shirk some of the norms that would have been impacting me when I was younger. I can be more chaotic because I'm like, well, they matter, but like my life proves that it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I can just do whatever.
Speaker 2: Would the example be your tattoos, Yeah, that's a good example.
Speaker 3: So my mum when I was younger, she's like, you absolutely cannot get tattoos because look at the way the world responds to tattooed people.
Speaker 1: It's not overwhelmingly good.
Speaker 3: And I'm not gonna let like you are naive to think that your individual personality is going to trump the public perception of a tattoo, right, She's like, you're not like, She's like, you're special, but be realistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Or she would say things like if I like, she was really big on like respectability, She's like, when you're in your friend circles, you can act however you want to act. When you're in public, you've got to be really mindful of how it's going to be perceived. And then when you're younger, you operate in a way that's like the best or like the best for the environment. And I'm like, but it doesn't matter because I could do that and then stuff doesn't work out anyway.
Speaker 1: Liz Curtious Queen Curtious Queen not true usual, She's like true, good daughter. I love this. I love this. This is flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 3: We are people who are almost constantly having beefs with our real estate.
Speaker 1: Literally truly. It's actually quite frustrating.
Speaker 3: So we talked about the fact that I moved into a new apartment a couple of months ago maybe, and in that time, and mind you, this is a new apartment, no one's ever lived in it before. It was recently renovated, very bougie. But tell me why in the last three months we've got mysterious leaks, faulty plumbing, the don't work on the lights, tradesmen walking in unannounced because like the door, I turned the door and opened. What is happening While I was dealing with those things, I didn't realize that I was in the middle of having an interpersonal beef with my neighbor. I didn't know that this was news to me. So what's happened is we have a shared parking garage, and the way the parking garage works is you can I can access my apartment from the parking garage, but everybody else has to go.
Speaker 1: Into the lobby.
Speaker 3: So when I park my door is like I have two options. I can park one way and have my the wall be right next to my driver's side, or a car be next to me on the left hand side. So either way, I'm like sandwiched in between, you know, a wall and a car. And the person next to my neighbor has a tiny little car. I don't know the maker models.
Speaker 1: It's a little little rinky dink and twenty.
Speaker 3: No smaller like a smart car Vibe like a tiny little rinkydinkydink. And I'm driving a big boss suv right, so I'm gonna eat space. So what I doing is parking on the line so I can literally get out of my car.
Speaker 1: Big boss car, big boss girl. I gotta get out of the car. You know, I can't struggle, And I'm thinking they have a small car.
Speaker 3: So if I'm like on the line and I'm teetering, you know what to do?
Speaker 1: A big deal? Apparently it is a big deal. Because what did I wake up to today? A note on the car?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Is it? Damn?
Speaker 3: It's like that, Sis said, dear car owner. And you know the thing that gets me. I tried to be friendly. On two occasions we have both been unloading our groceries at the same time.
Speaker 1: I looked over.
Speaker 3: Did my friendly neighborly thing? Sis didn't even can acknowledge me? I said, not really the demographic of the airport community. She pushing sixty. So I'm like, maybe it's just a hearing thing. I'll try again second time. Nothing. She doesn't see me caro, I said, all good, So I'm assuming those two those siscenarios we don't really vibe. Now she's leaving notes to car owner. Since we could have exchanged names, I could have explained to you my situation.
Speaker 2: What else did I say, dear car owner?
Speaker 1: Please refrain from parking your car over the line.
Speaker 3: As you know, the lines are there to indicate where we should park in between.
Speaker 1: Okay, service southwhere else? Oka?
Speaker 3: She's giving roads in maritime Okay, fine, I understand then, and let me paint a picture. It's a handwritten note, beautiful cursive blind paper, A five can, she says, if in future you could remember to park in between the lines, that would be great. Okay, no thank you, no sign off, no kind regards. We remain in this neutral state of being car owner to car owner, neighbor to neighbor. So here I am in my hard hearts. I don't want to beef with my neighbors. Right like sis, I'm already having issues with the realtor.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to be collateral. But also I.
Speaker 3: Will not change. I'm not gonna scrape my car door just to get out when she could move over. Her car is tiny. There's literally thirty five centimeters, not even what's thirty that's thirty five. There's like forty centimeters fifty centimeters either side of her car. If I'm on the line and you've got fifty centimeters on the other side, babes, you.
Speaker 1: Know what to do. Now I'm on her side. This is my chaotic future coming out cauld.
Speaker 3: I get what she's saying, but unfortunately I will not suffer.
Speaker 2: See, I think she's she's given you like quite a terse or like not a very friendly approach, because I think people would think you're being aggressive in taking up bad space. Sofore, she's trying to match the energy in a written form. But you you're explaining it, it does sound like it's fair enough. Maybe are you gonna go back and say, oh, I did this because.
Speaker 3: You're gonna write a handwritten letter with a little snacky little chocolate or something. Yeah, because like my approach to Stepford Housewife's gotta feel with kindness.
Speaker 2: Yes see, I'm more beefing over the neighbor a current affair style savagery that sending savage text messages.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm not going to accriminate myself. I can if you post it.
Speaker 3: I definitely feel like I want to put it in the budge. I don't want to have beef with her. I feel like if she knew my situation, I said, babe, look at the size of me and the gap you want going to work with.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. I can't harrowing. This is flex and frooms on Kita. We have a crisis.
Speaker 2: There's always some sort of crisis going down in the studio. This one is courtesy of a woman called lies on Instagram full Instagram.
Speaker 1: And Instagram name.
Speaker 2: She didn't say like keep it on on, so therefore I give it. Yeah, you know it's a free pass to her ham. Absolutely, we'll keep it lies, she wrote. My boyfriend and I have been together for about one and a half years now. Over the past few years, I've gotten really into podcasts, and we'll listen to something most days. My boyfriend, on the other hand, thinks they're annoying and cringe and just a way to fill the silence. Savage, because I'm always listening and laughing to pods, particularly you two gems Sparkly Heart, Sparkly Heart. I've got a lot of things and funny stories that I want to share with my boyfriend, But the second I mentioned the word podcast, he scoffs and refuses to listen any further.
Speaker 1: He literally blocks his ear.
Speaker 2: Am I the asshole for getting mad at him when he doesn't listen to any of my podcast recommendations or even let me tell him about something funny I've been listening to. Should I stop trying to make him be interested in the things I'm interested in? Or should he give my recommendations a goddamn chance and at least pretend to care about the things I want to share with him instead of sticking his fingers in his ears like a frickin' baby.
Speaker 1: That's hectic.
Speaker 2: I understand that this is probably just sounds like a rant ha ha ha, because it is, but any feedback would be much. I appreciate it. Thank you lies first and foremost haha ha.
Speaker 1: Gets me too, ha ha ha.
Speaker 3: That is a lot, and the cogs are turning. But let's give it a second when we come back from the break though, I want to figure out if there's an equivalent where or like an alternate world. But I would agree with the boyfriend, like, what's one thing I just don't want to hear about? And if someone starts talking, I'm like, not humoring this, not interested, not fun for me.
Speaker 2: He puts his fingers in his ears and goes la la la la la like a baby whenever she tries to talk about the chosen podcast that she listens to. Do you think she's the asshole for thinking that he is acting like a freakin' baby?
Speaker 1: Her words?
Speaker 3: No, definitely not the asshole for thinking that her boyfriend is acting like a baby. But I also think that if he's showing you this much disinterest, don't share sacred things with him, Like I feel like you're your interest in podcasting and the humor and the enjoyment you get, you should hold that more sacredly, like stop trying to share it with someone who's going to demean it. It's not working, Like, I don't think this is about changing his mind or trying to make him like podcasts. Generally, you really enjoy this thing, like it makes you laugh, it makes you happy. If he doesn't get it, I would hate for your loves for podcast to dissolve in trying to convince him to see what you see. And some things can't be explained, like the more you try and rationalize, like what should be easily understood from your perspective, like it's.
Speaker 1: Funny, and like they make jokes, like you can't explain that. It's like trying to explain a joke.
Speaker 3: It's like by the time you get to the point of being like and this is why it's funny, now.
Speaker 1: You hate the joke. A haha, Yeah, I reckon. I have a tip for her.
Speaker 2: I think you should have a brainstorm and think about things that he talks about that you don't like. H oh, and then therefore think about how you react. And I think what you'll find. Let's take the example he loves talking about AFL, but you are from Sydney and you don't give a rest ass about AFL. Hell, you might have be from Melbourne, do you Sidney people don't not like AFL. Oh, it's just a different cultural thing in Melbourne got supposedly despite the fact I don't really partake in it.
Speaker 1: Let's say you're not at.
Speaker 2: All interested in football, but he talks about it. He's got the scores, he's on his little bedding apps, et cetera. He starts talking about it, and you're like, shut up. Think about how that makes you feel. Think about the fact that, like you don't you're not angry at him when he does it, You're just not interested. Because I think sometimes it can be personally offensive, especially things that you enjoy and think are funny when other people don't find them funny. You can kind of be like, oh my god, are we totally not compatible. Consume is such a specific thing.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying it's less about him not liking your podcast and more about he might not be generally interested. So you're asking for that to self reflect and say, well, maybe like you would behave this way too if he was trying to get you to care about something that you just don't care about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, and that will alleviate any feelings because well, so you feel like sometimes you want show someone something and then they don't want to look at it, and you feel really offended.
Speaker 1: I've had that before.
Speaker 2: Don't want to show someone a YouTube video and they don't give a damn Yeah we ask, yeah it is YouTube, Yeah, far out And someone's like, let me show this video four minutes long, put me in a hole and given a little.
Speaker 3: One minute TikTok. I'm like, be for real, I man need the summary with the link, like I this is a petition. Don't stand raw links. I don't want to see a link without a context. I want to be like this is really funny, or like they made a really great point, Because.
Speaker 1: Then you send a link.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to deduce what the point was, and I've thought about it for too long. In this instance, you were allowed to be upset. Do you know what I want to recommend? Join a podcast group, join a group of people who share the same interests, or talk with people who share the same interests unless go one of those people.
Speaker 1: Is this anymore? Ah? A lot?
Speaker 3: Don't but like there are comments and Twitter threads and places where you can share these mutual things, unless you might be one of those people who don't have friends, and so the option is like this person who you.
Speaker 2: Date tricky, Well, hope you get better, but like good tricky, not bad tricky.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, be happy. Vibes are up. You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio