Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the yugen Beah region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Terrestride Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer and entrepreneur, business owner, New Mum, all the things, Happy New Year, My loves, Welcome to twenty twenty three. Yeah. I hope you had the most beautiful festive holiday and New Year's Eve and all the things. And I'm feeling so relaxed and rested. Here do I seem it? You do? Do? I You're very zen today. I'm actually wearing something very zen. You are. I love it, guys. A little update on Christmas, holidays and New Year's It was beautiful. I just stayed at home the whole time, but I honestly think that's the trick because there was no like whirlwind of going anywhere or like having to pack and unpack and sit in traffic or anything like that, and we just did a lot of like day things like we went to crumbin Pool and crumbin Sanctuary and the Crumb and Rock Pool, Sorry not Crumb and Pull. I was like, where's that come around? Then it was beautiful, And then we just went to the beach a lot and had swims with Ivy girl and had a beautiful Christmas and it was Yeah, it was lovely. How was your break so good? Do you feel relaxed? Yes?
Speaker 2: I did nothing, Like I don't even think I caught up with anyone. I just did nothing, and I think I needed it. I think I just needed to like turn off completely for a bit. I didn't go on my phone too much. I even limited the amount of Netflix I watched, which was new for me. And it was always also the first time on New Year's Eve that I didn't pressure.
Speaker 1: Myself to have a plan, so I was actually at home beautiful. I was much the same. I loved it, and yeah, I loved it. I didn't would do it everything New Year's Eve was kind of so overrated. It is, it's not interesting.
Speaker 2: I thought I'd have the biggest fomo no, but I just I couple years date and I'm like the world to sleep. I know it's seven thirty, but everyone's asleep because they hungover, and it was so peaceful.
Speaker 1: Me and Tim literally went to the beach on New Year's Day at like five am to watch the sunrise and a ride in our journals and it was amazing. We actually did this thing where we wrote a pact, so like a twenty twenty three pack. I love that, and we wrote like how we want to show up in our relationship and how we want like things to feel different and how we're going to yeah yeah, sure, and then we both signed it.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: But we all have it like ridden, So we just like wanted to really create an attention because last year was just such a huge change with having a baby an Ivy, and I think I'll do a whole podcast on it because it was like such a hard year in our relationship and like we're such a solid couple, I mean, and it was hard and anyone who says like otherwise, I just I don't blame you guys. It's just new. It's just anything new, and it's like something new you have to navigate. And yeah, so we just we wanted to like really start the year with like prioritizing us in our relationships. So I thought that was pretty cute.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to do that with myself, Yes, like write a pact for myself and sign it in a way, stick it on my wall door or something.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it's kind of Yeah, it's like a New Year's intention or resolution or something like that. But it was just nice because we've never done anything like that before. I love it. Well, it's much like your resolution of like your word is law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotta hold myself to that one. And we did the do it for your future self course, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I loved that, and I just I can't get over everyone's response for it. I know, so incredible. I think it was just such a good I love something. That's Like what I would do is after Ivy would go to sleep every morning, so she goes to sleep at like nine am. I would then like sit in my like comfy chair on my balcony and just have me time and journal and meditate and it was just like, oh, so beautiful. It was so relaxing. So I know, yeah, I loved it. It was amazing. So, guys, in today's episode, we are chatting are you lazy or are you just un aligned? Dun dun dum. We need sound effects. So I wanted to chat about this topic because often sometimes you know, maybe you're someone who isn't feeling that like New Year Knew Me magic, and you're just like, I don't even understand what everyone's talking about. I'm not feeling motivation, I'm not feeling like good, I don't have goals, or you're just you're feeling a bit different to like how other people are projecting how they feel at the moment. And a concept I just find really really interesting is when you're not aligned, things can feel really really difficult compared to when you are aligned, big things can feel really really easy, and like having big goals can feel really really easy. And so I want to chat today about alignment, what even is alignment and also just how to get back into alignment and how to possibly make a shift if you aren't feeling that like New Year magic. I love it. I'm so excited. But before we get into the episode guys. Special announcement. So, as you guys know, the project is coming back for its first live round of twenty twenty three. It is literally going to be open for enrollment soon. But make sure you keep your eyes on our socials because Wednesday we have a very very exciting announcement. Yeah, that's what I can say. A tear is de staring me to not say anything else, but yes, we'll have all the detail set and that's all I can say. But you're gonna Yeah, we're so excited. We've been working on this all last year and we're very proud and yeah, it's going to be the perfect All right, guys, let's get into the episode. All right, let's chat Alignment. So I've really wanted to do this episode because alignment is It's a word I've personally used for years. It's something I learned about when I got into manifesting and a bit deeper into my spirituality, and it can be a bit of a buzzword I've noticed lately, and I feel like some people can kind of use it without really understanding it. And we do have a really great episode on I think it's literally called what the fuck is Alignment? Do we Yeah, it's like that sounds familiar. We'll link it in the show. We will link it if you want to, you know, listen a bit deeper. But the reason why I wanted to speak about alignment today is because it is the new year, and I feel like some of you maybe seeing other people like feel that high vibe of the new year, and you know, they're creating their vision boards and they're writing their goals and they're in their routines and they watch the sunrise on the first jan and you're like school you yeah, and You're like what the fuck? Like why are you vibe in life so much? And how can I do it? And how can I do it? Because I'm sad. And it's like, I guarantee you they're in alignment and they're vibing for sure, They're for sure. And I also I just wanted to say too, because often I'll go through a season where I feel like things are so hard. I feel like things just don't work out, they're so hard, and I will get in these kind of funks where I'm like, am I just really lazy? Am I just really like not getting this whole life thing? And I'll get really angry at myself and a bit bitter, and then I'll get back into alignment and I'll be like, oh, I'm back. And so if you are kind of feeling like that and you're like what are these people taking? What's happening here? And why am I not on the same vibe, you could just be out of alignment. And so I wanted to chat about what that can look like, how we can get back into alignment. This is going to be a really quick, fun episode. I don't know why I use the word fun. It is fun. It's a bit fun, and it's all about changing your vibration, changing your reality to get back into alignment. So before I kind of well, like, firstly, like alignment to me, think about it from I'm sure a lot of us, you know, go to the chiropractor and what do they do. I love the chiropractice. I love the chiropractor. I have an amazing chiropractor. And like you just your body's like not right, yeah, like fuck, my back hurts, I'm fucking.
Speaker 2: Like these you can't see me, but I'm like me right now, my legs, I'm like I've been sitting down for too long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my hip's all uneven and then he literally just like he or she pops you back into place, does a couple of adjustments, and you're like, wow, I can breathe so well. Do you get that?
Speaker 2: After a character you're like, this is what everyone It's like when you get glasses and you're like, this is how everyone sees.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is the vibe. We're like, oh my god. And it's like a similar thing of alignment of when you're in a line. I meant it feels good, it feels easy, it feels right. It's very high vibe. And you know, some examples of a season of alignment for me is when I created the Rise and Conker Project seven week manifesting course. It's funny because I even look back at content and I'm like, who is that person? She was? Like I was so in alignment. I was so in the zone for creating that course. I did it so quickly, and like I look back at videos and like you can tell, hey, you've seen videos, yeah, and like now you've met immy. She was an alignment back then, and it just it's almost like things just come to you. It's like really flowy energy and like other times I got back into alignment in twenty twenty two, after you know, I had a couple of low months and I did like just a couple of changes. I started to waking up a bit earlier and I got back into alignment, and I just like, I felt really really good. What does alignment kind of look like for you ATIA?
Speaker 2: I think the first time I realized it so strongly was in UNI when I decided to drop the engineering part of my degree.
Speaker 1: Oh and I feel like that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's something a lot of people go through where they're sitting in class and they're like, I know that I have to do things I don't like, But to what end am I not supposed to enjoy this? Because everything you have to work hard and do Yeah, and Dore, Yeah, and if it's like managing that level of resistance to what you're trying to do to figure out if you're out of alignment or if you're just having a bit of a lazy day. And the moment for me was we were doing this prack about water pressure and there was a lot of math involved and some water and some pipes, and the guys around me got so excited. They were like, this maths is revolutionary. It changed the world in this way, and like, look what's happening to the water. And I stood there and I was like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Give a shit.
Speaker 2: I don't get too fucks about it, not at all. My life has meant for more than calculating pressure and water pipes. I'm not saying that it's not important. So important, very grateful for engineers, but not for me. And that was when I was like, it's hard because I'm out of alignment, not because I'm being lazy.
Speaker 1: Wow. I love that so much. That is such a prime, like such an amazing example of you. You kind of being like no, like I'm smart enough to do this. Yes, it's like my soul doesn't want to do this. Yeah, And I can see other people their soul wants to do this exactly. And that was just such a wake up call for me. So interesting, I feel like too. A great way to describe it, of and you're out of alignment is it's like when things just like don't feel great, they feel very hard, and it's usually where you're like something is wrong here, but you're not completely clear or in your position. It's more of a but I should want this or I should do this, and you're stuck on this path because of the shoulds and often because for a time you defined success how someone else sees it, and then you try to apply it to your life and you're like, why do things this? Yeah, like why things feel so shit? And it's because you're not clear on what, like in this instance, on what success really means to you. You're clear on what success meant for like other people, and you applied that and you're like, wow, this isn't working. It's a bit weird. This is a bit it's a girl. Yeah, And I think sometimes and that's like such a that's such a clear thing. I think a lot of us fall into this trap of I should want this, and so I go down this path and fuck, it just doesn't feel right. But often you're a bit far down the bar and you're like do I quit or do I just keep guy? Do I just finish this? In my case, I just finished it, even though I was so out of Linemou, I was just like, fuck, I'll just finish it. Your case, you dropped out. You both got, you know, to a better place. And I think too, you know, it can feel really negative, and it can feel really hard, and it can feel like you just don't have that like zing, yeah, this as that spark yeah, life, you would have been doing it tire in that moment. You would have been looking around being like why am I not excited about pipes? Literally, I was like, am I missing somebody? No, it's way different things, big things I can say, and I kind of definitely feels like there's no magic. No, no magic.
Speaker 2: And like going through the motions and the question, I asked myself to really make the decision because it was a hard one, especially with like degrees where that is a successful degree to everyone, like if you're becoming a doctor or a lawyer, that sort of vibe. I just said, if I woke up every day and made two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, but I had to go to work and do that every day, would I feel happy?
Speaker 1: And the answer was no. Let me get the answer yea, And so I said no, I love, Yeah, I love. Well, let's even do that now, so like let's talk about how you can get back into a lament. So my big thing is like looking at in your life what needs to change? Is it your definition of success? Do you need to redefine what success means to you, not to your best friend or your mom or your partner, but to you. So you can start like moving forward in a path that feels aligned.
Speaker 2: That's a huge step, massive and I think people who come from families where your parents worked particularly hard, that step is so much harder because all you want to do is make them proud.
Speaker 1: Make them proud. But if you continue in this path that isn't aligned, that isn't what truly like fills you up, and your definition of success is you're just you're going to keep not feeling it that weight. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: You'd feel a bit empty, like a shell. I would say, there's no true through joy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think you know, if my in my position with my law degree, it was kind of like when I asked that, Just like when I asked that question, I was more like I could be happy, Like it wasn't a it wasn't a complete no, but it was just I think I would be happier, Like I could still be somewhat content being a family lawyer. But if I don't explore this other thing, I think I'm gonna regret it.
Speaker 2: I love that mine was way out. I was just like, this is not my soul. I didn't get out of here?
Speaker 1: What other ways can we get back into a laminar tear?
Speaker 2: I would say, which you did cover in the do It for your Future self course?
Speaker 1: A little shameless plug is audit your life. What a great course still available?
Speaker 2: Audit your life and really look at milestones, but very objectively, and try and not let little things, all big things that have happened throughout the year throw you off the positive emotions, because I find when you're out of alignment, all you can focus on is this didn't go right, and that didn't go right, and I messed up here and I messed up there. But I guarantee you there were still some really high moments and look at them and then see where things started to change, because what I've noticed is sometimes you're in alignment and you hit the goal or you attract the desire you were after, and then you're sort of a bit, you're feeling right, go a little bit, and then limbo hits and you're like, what's going on? I thought I was going in this direction, I had clarity, I hit my first milestone, and you just don't know where you're going again, and nothing feels right and it's probably because even though you were in alignment and you've hit the milestone where you thought you were going with that milestone is not in alignment.
Speaker 1: That might be a bit of a mind boggle.
Speaker 2: I love it, and maybe yeah, you're going in a different direction than what you initially thought, and just be open to that and be very.
Speaker 1: Objective, very like that's interesting. Yeah, you know, yeah, I love that. I think also is like, have a look at your priorities right now, like what are you prioritizing in your life? What is taking up majority of your time? Because I guarantee you if you kind of have a bit of again an ordered of that, you know, there could be something that is taking up a lot of your time that isn't filling up your cup or isn't necessarily what you want to do, and it may be time for you know, a shift. Also, like a big thing for me is realizing like this is a kind of a random one for alignment, but it's just something that I realized when I did the do it for your future self course is like I'm actually really ready for or mentorship in this new season because like if we have you know, similar to what you're saying, to here of like you complete a certain season and you complete an achievement or something, and that may have been aligned at a certain point, but then you go to you know, the next level or your new self, and if it's completely new grounds where you just have no guidance and there's no sort of you just don't know what's what, that can also feel out of alignment because there's just no direction. Yeah, And so I figured out when I was doing you know, the course of like I need mentorship in this new season because it's somewhere I've never been in my life. And also like I realized I haven't had a mentor or a coach since I was pregnant, So super like, I obviously hugely believe in self development and continuing to coach yourself and continuing to delve into new things because otherwise you're kind of just gonna go nowhere fast. So that was a huge thing for me too, is like, you know, to help me even though I very do much feel in alignment right now and I feel really good, but instead of like waiting to get out of alignment, I know that will be a tool to keep me in alignment. Yeah, So that was like a really big realization. Also something that always gets me back into alignment and is just so simple and something we can all start doing right now. Is just like my getting back to the basics of my spiritual practices of meditation, journaling, card pulling, and just like filling up my cup in those little things where I'm literally just getting quiet going within. Huge. Yeah, that is so huge. Anytime I'm out of alignment, I think, you know, I think back or if I'm you know, in that moment, I'm my like I've been neglecting those things for sure, because when you are tapped in, when you are you know, just you know, internally having those moments with yourself and doing an internal check, it's really easy to just nudge yourself back. Yeah, was when you neglect those things, I can. I definitely feel like I kind of get off path there and so I'm like, oh, gotta get back to those those things I know work every day, Like how do I stop doing this? So I annoy myself, But you know, adding in that self care those little things that light you up, and that is a huge thing. Like you know, maybe you're at this huge crossroads or this like you're hugely out of alignment. You can literally do the tiniest things of meditation and journaling, going to the beach and getting out of nature, and you know, maybe there is a mini course or a free download that you're just like, hmm, let me see what this does. Let me you know, like those tiny, tiny things is what gets us back into alignment. But those very like small tweaks will get you back there. But I just I wanted to make this episode because if you are feeling that way, there is nothing wrong with you. And trust me when I say this is a season you can get back into alignment. It's those small tweaks. It's those small steps. It's like something I always like listen to is like my intuition in the if I'm on even if I'm on Instagram, like a certain post will come up and it will be very interesting about something specific that either I've been neglecting or I want to go deeper in, like the reason yeah that I want to go deeper in, And it's just like, you know, just start being a bit intuitive with like what's what are the little signs popping up around you? If it is that little nudge to do that thing, or you know, go and see that person or start that course or anything like that. Like those little tweaks are where it's at. There's nothing wrong with you and it's just a season. And yeah, don't stress if you feel like something's wrong with you or like you're lazy or anything like that. I guarantee you it's not. You may just be heading off, you know, into this path over here and you just need it nudge you backed, nudg you back here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I think on the lazy thing, there's definitely times in my life where I've been aligned but a little bit lazy. And I just really looked at why am I not feeling the drive internally to work towards this goal? And then I refined my why of why I wanted that thing, and I realized that the thing I was telling myself that I wanted is still the thing I wanted, but it wasn't for the reason that I thought initially. And it's just like a lot of introspection, yeah, and getting clear and that why and asking yourself, is this so priority? What am I doing to fill this cup? Does this cup actually fill me up? So after you've done it, after you've spent time with a friend, ask yourself, I said, this was my priority.
Speaker 1: How do I feel?
Speaker 2: And just like constantly asking yourself that after you finish something, if you feel like you're a little bit of out of aligned.
Speaker 1: At work, go to work.
Speaker 2: Ask yourself at the end of the day, how did that feel?
Speaker 1: And my stress don't show up at work. Definitely shot up to I and just see was it?
Speaker 2: Am I bringing other aspects of my life and sort of fumbling them together and I'm not clear on what's making me feel certain ways because I love Yeah, that's like a huge I find I get confused. I'm like, hang on a second, I actually love this thing. I love spending time with this friend. But this happened in the morning and that set me in a bad mood and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of auditing, a lot of auditing, constant auditing.
Speaker 1: And if you are like, if you've done the auditing and you've done all the things and you still feel like confused on like why you're out of alignment, just yeah, do the small things, the small little tweaks, add in a couple of beautiful self care practices and just see how you feel. You might also just need some space. Yes, it was a big year and we're very new in the new year, so my loves. On that note, I'm going to love and leave you. Thank you so much for listening. I hope you're having a beautiful start to the year. Please make sure you take some space and give back to yourself and you know, don't be too crazy. But yeah, thanks so much. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Rise Andconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great