Speaker 1: Mitch, you're one of my best friends. Laura obviously you're another one. But Laura has never betrayed me in the way that Mitch Churry has recently betrayed me in a way no one should ever betray a friend. So it's no secret that I have a low key, high key obsession with the one and only Lewis Capaldi. Now, if you don't know Lewis Capaldi, he sings this banger?
Speaker 2: Is he Scottish Scottish Irish Sherri. You have more than an obsession with this guy.
Speaker 3: You for the amount of time that we've been working together, you have brought him up an awkward amount of times.
Speaker 1: It's no secret. I think he's brilliant. I think he's funny. I want him to sing at my wedding. My partner Men who lives in Scotland, who lives down the road from Lewis Capaldi, asked Lewis one night when Lewis was drunk if he would sing at our wedding, and Lewis said yes, minor technicality.
Speaker 2: Lewis was too drunk to remember.
Speaker 1: Now, recently, Mitch and I were on holidays together and we were having a little sit down Chin wag and we had said to each other, who is the one person you want to interview this year? Like if you could pick anyone, Mitch said Tina Fey. I said, Lewis Capaldi, you did flash forward?
Speaker 4: I know it is.
Speaker 1: Mitch runs in, Like I live down the road from Lewis. When I'm overseas in Scotland, Mitch runs in to Lewis Capaldi has the audacity to message me as it's happening, saying I'm with Lewis, And I said, obviously, mention me ask him to sing oft my wedding do me as solid? And he basically didn't and hung up on me.
Speaker 4: Give me the right of reply. I Britain.
Speaker 5: I weren't traveling together anymore, Okay, as far as I saw it, friendship over for the travel trip.
Speaker 4: I was traveling solo alone in London.
Speaker 5: I was at the high end, forget about it. I was at the designer stores. I can't afford any of it. But I'm just looking like browsing because I'm killing time. It's minus five degrees in London, so I'm shopping and I bump into this this little pudgy character. Oh sorry mate.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh I know that Axe, I don't call Lewis Capaldi a pudgy character. One day he's going to come on this show and then we're gonna have to be like, oh, I remember the time that Mitch offended you.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: I've interviewed him four times and I said, oh, sorry, Budy. He went ohes and then I went, that's los CAPARTI walked off. I'm going to message my best friend britt and go britt just bumped into your dream man, Lewis Capaldi, and off, I went what I what? Then followed I've actually I knew this was going to happen. I have printed out the transcript of the text exchange. Laura Burn, Can you take this script for the purpose of my difference that is private?
Speaker 2: I know it's not really.
Speaker 3: Nothing that happens between the two of you or the three of us is private. Always ends up on this show.
Speaker 5: Play the role of Brittany Hockley, Laura Burn. So, just, you know, push your nose up a bit and be mean, and I will.
Speaker 2: Demoted from my best friend this moment.
Speaker 4: I made it, this moment, Brittany.
Speaker 3: I have your back and I will be your best friend in this Okay, I'm ready to be Britt.
Speaker 2: I've been waiting my whole life for this role.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So I pull my phone out and I go, oh my god, Oh my god, Britt, I just ran into someone you love.
Speaker 4: Lewis Capaldi like that.
Speaker 2: I like that, Pun, I get it. Okay. Britt says, stop it. Are you see there is?
Speaker 4: I say, yeah, he basically had a coffee.
Speaker 2: And then Mitch sends multiple pictures.
Speaker 4: Was the first one, Britt, I think was of his foot right. I was nervous.
Speaker 2: It was like from his legs down, But I still recognize that.
Speaker 3: Were you up to signs of life at this point where You're like, I need proof. I need proof that this is actually the real Lewis Capaldi. Proof proof, prove Okay. Britt then goes on to say, ha ha ha you wish Okay, Mitch, you have to do me a solid. Please talk to him. And this is all in capital so she's screaming at you. At this point, I say no, Mitch.
Speaker 4: I say no again.
Speaker 2: I FaceTime you.
Speaker 4: You don't pick up.
Speaker 2: I FaceTime you again.
Speaker 3: Then I write pick up the phone now in screaming, and then I FaceTime again fourth time.
Speaker 2: Then I write, Mitch, he needs to sing at.
Speaker 4: My wedding, and I said, you're not even engaged? What wedding?
Speaker 2: This is still in caps my new minor technicality. Tell him you work in radio with Carl sand Lands. I think they know each other.
Speaker 5: As if can I just pause down in the middle of a designer store in London, me dropping Kyle Sandalands would work?
Speaker 3: You name dropping would be the most embarrassing thing that's happened to all of us. Okay, Britt, you continue.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: I thought you'd stop there, but you hadn't. You wrote all that you've been staying with Ben. He is a massive Celtics fan. Ben is also Britt's boyfriend. If you don't know, if you were my real best friend, Mitch, you would do this.
Speaker 4: I said, I love you, but you are insane.
Speaker 2: And then you wrote you never take me seriously.
Speaker 4: And I said bye with the eye emoji. I'm leaving the store.
Speaker 2: Don't you dare? It's all you wrote back?
Speaker 4: She actually said, don't you day? Mitch's true?
Speaker 2: That sorry I was. I was leaving out the spelling around don't you day?
Speaker 3: And then she wrote dare and then that's the truth, and then another screaming Mitch at the end.
Speaker 2: I've heard enough, Britt.
Speaker 3: I want to be the impartial person here because obviously I was not a part of this conversation, but I do feel like I was a part of it now after seeing the evidence. And you sound like a psychopath. Thank you, But I love you, cute psychopath.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking anymore. This thresome is over. I'm going packing up my bags and going to see Lewis cap.
Speaker 3: He's never going to sing at your wedding because he's going to realize you're insane.
Speaker 5: And I called him pudgy on the radio, so I don't think all hopes of that are off.
Speaker 4: I love you, Bret, I love you.
Speaker 3: Look guys, coming up, we've got a thousand dollars up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Next for a genius kid.
Speaker 3: So if you have a child who is very smart, of your kid listening to this, A thousand dollars from office works if you can answer this little quiz we've got going on.
Speaker 4: All right, that's next on the pickup