Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning chap Post morning guys, and happy Friday to you, Patria Jones.
Speaker 3: Morning, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 2: And how everybody have you all got stuff you're looking forward to this weekend? Jackie Boye, what are you and the family up to?
Speaker 4: I've got a completely blank weekend, which is not a good thing because that gets filled quickly with.
Speaker 2: Chaws makes me always nervous, very nervous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, that's to do. This will be a wieldo this weekend, starting with the lawns. Don't let me come in here on Monday if I haven't mowed the lawns. They're getting jungle like out there.
Speaker 2: Untill I enjoy cutting the lawn. I find it quite refreshing. And it's rare these days, right, that you get to look back at something and feel satisfied that you did something physically that looks good, and when you get the little stripes and that.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: Every time I'm doing it, I say to myself, Hey, this is actually quite enjoyable. Yeah, don't put it off for so long, And now I see myself back again. Four weeks later I haven't done it.
Speaker 5: I've got the seasons of changing. Now you have to do it so fast. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you just got a little electric one Arobi like me, I've.
Speaker 4: Got a battery powered one.
Speaker 5: Is that what you have? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, as noisy as the picture.
Speaker 2: No no. And I also like to listen to a podcast as well. That way I'm getting a physical work out and a mind one.
Speaker 4: Or really I like to keep my ears vacant so that I can hear for any dangers. And he has like a stick going under there that might flick out, or a rock.
Speaker 2: And also the worst barter part it is you have to go and check for mines, don't you, because you've got a dog like we have, and you'd be surprised where the amount of times it's gone. You're wearing shorts when you're.
Speaker 4: Doing especially as the grass gets longer and they're more hidden.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're hidden. You have to really mind sweeping yours.
Speaker 6: Going one spot of the gardens anywhere she lies, really Presley goes in one corner.
Speaker 2: There's there's three animals that can be being out. There are two dogs and now the cat Society doesn't want to use his tray. He'll also had a little turd for me as well. And they're all different shapes and sizes. You've got to guess the animal.
Speaker 3: It's one hundreds and thousands.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's intrigue. Rake up and just rake up?
Speaker 2: Who anyway, lovely way to start the show, Patsy, What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 3: We're off to a Halloween party tomorrow night. This is the thing.
Speaker 6: There's a big We all wanted to go like the same theme, but then there were too many fights. We couldn't agree on what we wanted to go as. So we'll all be going as different things. I think Chris is going as a Dracula. I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 5: Chris will make a great Dracula.
Speaker 6: Easy, just black cake, you know, fangs, blood, down the fence you have at home.
Speaker 2: It's not like he's dressed in a cape Monday to Friday.
Speaker 5: I don't know what goes on behind closed.
Speaker 6: Doors, stationary Superman. And Audrey is going as some sort of Alice in Wonderland gone wrong, like murderous Alice in Wonderland.
Speaker 3: What do you I don't know yet, get it hop on?
Speaker 2: So organized Christmas shopping is done, I.
Speaker 3: Know, and I haven't got like yes, I know I'll find something.
Speaker 5: I saw a.
Speaker 2: Great photo today. Someone's got a Halloween ray gun outfit. Ah, that could kind of ghostly ray gun blastom past.
Speaker 5: That actually really was very funny.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: We do a thing every Friday.
Speaker 2: We called it Double Thumbs Up, and it's where me, Jack and Patsy talking about the things went into at the moment would have been joining. It might be a TV show, it might be a documentary, it might be a book.
Speaker 5: Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: I'm preparing to be a widow in the weeks ahead.
Speaker 6: Yellowstone Season five, Part two is about to drop on Stan Chris.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you would really like this.
Speaker 2: It's a really full on show Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's kind of like Dallas I reckon. It's like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: They're more Game of Thrones sometimes I get it's a family member. It's like they're all bumping each other, getting each other whole time over at Big Fence Post.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Kevin Costner is brilliant. So the first part was earlier this year, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they broke up the season and it got everyone really really upset.
Speaker 3: It's great though. It keeps the intensity there.
Speaker 2: No, I want to know that you can relax and know it's going to be a steady trip.
Speaker 5: Feed ever get wrapped up in the end. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the trailer just dropped.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: It's an exclusive on stands streaming service. Stam is where you can find Yellowstone. It is brilliant.
Speaker 3: I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 5: Are you going to have to do it? And we're going to lose this? Vlae has the help we dial? This is we dial one.
Speaker 2: Have any of us got to say that I pray before I take my final breath. I can whisper to my wife menacingly like John Dutton.
Speaker 5: There, this is the we dial. No, he's not doing it.
Speaker 2: Like that walking seriously. No, it's a great piece of TV storytelling, is amazing.
Speaker 3: But he doesn't talk like the Bodyguard and all that.
Speaker 5: The other thing.
Speaker 2: Thirty years in the nineties and all that, and I have it's very clear this isn't your show. You would not talk about sex in the City the same way. And one of those shows, what Jones show you're enjoying at the moment city?
Speaker 6: I know the other thing. I did bring this to the table quite a while ago. Was our coffee beans that we get at ald and overnight they've won an award.
Speaker 2: They've been like, is it the Colombians They through the night an awards show overnight, but it's.
Speaker 3: One Australia's best coffee bean.
Speaker 2: While we were sleeping and they were brilliant.
Speaker 6: But I love because they've sauced them locally. So a Melbourne roaster does them. Black bag roasters. We get the dark one, not already grained one. Our machine grains them grind, grind, grinds.
Speaker 2: That's one they won the award. Mate, overnight, I.
Speaker 6: Can speak good in everything and it works out to like it's so good because we were.
Speaker 3: Spinning a fortune.
Speaker 5: Coffee beans are so expensive and.
Speaker 6: The love God because he likes, you know, his typical daddy likes to do his math. He's worked out they're about twenty five cents to thirty.
Speaker 3: Cents a cup.
Speaker 2: She knows how many. Then you go, Chris, that's about fifty two cents there.
Speaker 6: So he's got his Frank Green just you know, the cup, a usable cup, and he'll make it and you'll go, yep.
Speaker 2: Coffee, there's Frank Green things about to liter those caps.
Speaker 3: He has a couple of hell. Yes, but it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: He's going to be a caffeinated Dracula.
Speaker 3: Last Oh is the brand?
Speaker 6: Try it even if you're a fussy cof coffee drinker like I am serious, and you.
Speaker 5: Get them more freezy for these posts.
Speaker 3: Don't get them.
Speaker 2: It feels like the show sponsored by then not the Melbourne Cup Carnival and that sponsored the.
Speaker 3: Show Bucks for a massive, big bag.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Frank, and how many waters.
Speaker 5: Do they win?
Speaker 3: Heaps? It's austraight as best coffee. Jack, get on.
Speaker 5: It overnight, guys, while we were sleeping.
Speaker 2: All right, we are just going to cool down, okay, and then we're going to come back with Jack and heist double thumbs.
Speaker 1: Up the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack and I are going to do our double thumbs up. Now we'll be talking about what we're enjoying this week. Jack, what's it for you?
Speaker 4: I m a sucker for a great sports documentary. You'll love this as well Baseball, which I don't even watch, but I watched The Turnaround on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Oh right, they've been truly. I've added it to my list.
Speaker 5: Is it good?
Speaker 4: Oh it's so good man, Yeah, I it caught my interest because it's only twenty five minutes long, and I'm always looking for something shorter. I'm open as well for anybody this morning. Giving recommendations for short things under half an hour is perfect for me because we don't have time to sit down.
Speaker 5: And you got two years.
Speaker 4: Minute documentary twenty five minutes about the turnaround Philadelphia Phillies in the US. I don't even want to tell you the story. I'm watch so sure, but it's so beautiful. Biank and I both shed tears in twenty five minutes. What an achievement.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can save anyone time. If they think a sports documentary called Starting five, which is new on Netflix, is any good, it isn't. It's got like star power, like lebron and all this, and Lebronze production company makes it, and it's obviously these amazing players basketball players who are supposed to be given access. We don't need any more access. All we want right is to see you being brilliant, you playing with the kids, or dressing up for Halloween, which is U sat here for twenty minutes, or what coffee you have is utterly I gave up twenty minutes in don't bother watching. If you're a baseball fan, a basketball fan, you've been let down by starting five. If you are looking for like twenty five minute TV series, I've been banging about over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Bad Monkey is brilliant on Apple TV. Is very very good.
Speaker 2: It's maybe by Bill Lawrence, who is the guy that did Scrub years ago, ted Lasso, and now he's got two shows on now, Shrinking is Back, which is brilliant, and Bad Monkey, which is very very funny twenty two minute episodes.
Speaker 5: That's genius for.
Speaker 2: Most TV shows, You're right, they're on hour long episode. Vizorn is always yeah, he carries this whole show, the whole castle growth. Bad Monkey is great on that things that I've been enjoying, I really do enjoy bad I didn't realize it's based on a book written while Karl Hyerson, who's written like thirty comic novels. I've started reading his first one, Double Whammy. It is outstanding. So if you look for someone easy write and easy to read, that's very very funny and has got a good plot as well. Mostly we'll probably going Christian Carl Harson has been writing these books for thirty years.
Speaker 5: I am very lately Artie.
Speaker 4: But Paths just recommended the Bodyguard so.
Speaker 5: Comb for recently on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Double Whammy is the Kyle Hyson book I'm tearing through at the moment. TV documentary back for a second series, Ancient Apocalypse. Great, my man, Graham Hancock.
Speaker 5: This hey, this guy is good.
Speaker 2: He's debunking all these kind of very tightly hell beliefs about the history of the world around us.
Speaker 4: The aliens build the pyramids, that sort of thing, is it.
Speaker 2: He's not completely out there, but he's back for a second season. It's really interesting. Graha Hancock Ancient Apocalypse. So he's been ostracized by the archaeological community because he debunks a lot of their findings. And the last couple of years he's been saying that there's no way humans made the pyramids, and just yesterday while you were asleep, actually they've been saying now and the actually archaeologists that actually finally admitted that actually the oldest pyramid in the world, which is Gonnam Padang, is twenty five thousand years old, and they're saying there's no way humans made it, and they do not know how it got to be there Butt In the episode the second season of Ancient Apocalypse they get in it's the first episode and who crops up midway through the show a couple of episodes in Caanu Reeves. It makes no sense. Suddenly he's like, for one scene, he's like wandering through some field and finding some ancient rubble. Next minute, Kanu Reeves is there, and I feel like that did he bump into you on holiday? Chianu was like trekking in the wilderness and there's a strange interview with Reeves and then you don't see him again for the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: Did that really happen.
Speaker 4: Or is it someone like logging onto your Netflix on another account. All of a sudden you're watching and then you went back to the ancient Egyptians.
Speaker 2: So it's really interesting. It's very good. Ancient Apocalypse second season. The first season came out about two years ago, Graham Hancock, and then because of this ficture, we do just talk about the things that we were genuinely actually into. This week, there's a movie that came out last year. I never got round to seeing it. Mission Impossible seven Dead Record Dead Recording was so good. Yeah, I love Tom Cruise. He's never really made, I don't think a bad movie, and he feels like he's just sort of now in this new kind of elder statesman of storytelling and movie making, and I just thought, I thought it was an outstanding, really smart action movie.
Speaker 4: Even the last three or four of those Impossible movies have been some of the best action movies of all.
Speaker 2: Time, so I didn't realize until the end of it it's part one. He's just started filming this year part two as well, So yeah, I really enjoyed it. Deagreting Mission Impossible.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast