Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on Cameragle Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of.
Speaker 3: Life on Cut.
Speaker 1: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, and we're fresh in rolled enough the loagies actually not fresh? Did you just have a testy pomp of the log? I feel and I wanted to put this down. I don't know what is wrong with me. I feel like I had been hit by a bus and I did not have one sip of alcohol. Like I was stone cold cool. Isn't that you thought I was gonna say sober, A stone called sober.
Speaker 4: But I was cool too. But I feel like I've been.
Speaker 3: Here by a bus.
Speaker 2: You got out of the car this morning, and normally I would say, no, britt you look great.
Speaker 5: You physically look great.
Speaker 2: You actually look for anyone who's watching on YouTube, ah prettey stunning. But when you climbed out of the car today, the way you.
Speaker 1: Say climbed makes me feel like the reading the girl from the Reating.
Speaker 5: Actually climbs out of you. I was like, wow, you look like what's his name?
Speaker 4: Swamp Gullum?
Speaker 3: No, what's the guy I was on two and a half Men, Charlie Sheen. Charlie Sheen after hour.
Speaker 5: I look like, Charlie, are you cook? You've rolled out with your leather jacket?
Speaker 3: Like I was like, what are you doing? Britney? But look now you're gorgeous. You really pulled it together.
Speaker 1: No, this is the same person that just swamp Donkey out of the car, Laura. This is the same Charlie Sheen from five minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Should we talk about the logos and what it was like?
Speaker 5: No, Charlie she.
Speaker 1: This is giving.
Speaker 5: Charlie Sheen.
Speaker 2: It was the leather jacket and then the hair all everywhere. It was giving had a big night, but you didn't have a big night. And I was just as confused as everyone else would be.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what's worse. There's been two major insults in our time as friends. One was literally you called me swamp donkey. Was it a swamp donkey to call you a swamp troll? No, it was swamp donkey. It's not easily forgotten when you are a four legged animal. When you're referred to a four legged animal that lives in a swamp and Charlie, who is a fifty year old alcoholic a man, imagine finding a donkey in a swamp and being like, Brittany.
Speaker 3: Brittany is are you? Do you need help?
Speaker 1: Twice?
Speaker 5: If you're a Milwaukee Brittany is that pretty hark from life on card?
Speaker 3: Wow, she's seen better day?
Speaker 4: What sound does a donkey make?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 3: Can I forget the fuck is happening to this? El?
Speaker 5: Okay, look everyone, I'm started.
Speaker 4: Off with being wildly offended. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, Brittany. I love you, and last night you looked absolutely stunning. Some of you might know if you're following along on Instagram last night, well, I mean.
Speaker 3: You would probably know it was.
Speaker 1: The logis not from Instagram, just from general news and media outlets in general. If you've been following along on Instagram, you may know that we are tended, which was very, very exciting. We don't play a significant part at all in the logis like, it's actually shocking to us.
Speaker 3: That we even get invited.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I ate pigs nipple on, I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here to get my spot.
Speaker 4: At the locus.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'll speak to myself.
Speaker 1: It's not shocking that you were there, but maybe it's more shocking that I was there. I mean people, So you know, people in different parts of media always go to the logis and there's always a huge radio aspect at the logis, so obviously we work for radio, We work for ARN so that is another reason that you'll see people like us there. So even if I don't eat nipples next year, which maybe I will anyway, but we'll probably still be there.
Speaker 3: Well maybe maybe not.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll never get uninvited. Now because Charlie.
Speaker 1: Sheen caused a scene what we thought we would make this episode a bit of a peek behind the curtains of what was the logos there were, truly, I think some very incredible industry highlights from this logis.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I feel kind of different about it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you feel, Britt, but I last year was a little bit disenchanted, and they think sometimes TV, especially free to air, it's definitely struggled over recent years, and so I didn't feel as excited about going to the logis this year. But the actual logos themselves, Sampaign's his opening speech, some of the awards, some of the incredible talent who won awards. Last night, I found myself crying at almost every single award.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we cried a lot. There were definitely a lot of tears. But I'm different. I was really excited for the Logis. I love these industry events, and I'm excited for the Red Carpet the most, not because it's a red carpet, but because it's the only time that I can think of of the entire year that you actually get to socialize with other people in your industry. That's not like a ten minute interview here or there that's for work. Like the Red Carpet isn't just a red carpet. You don't just go and walk it, get your photos and get off. It's like everyone from the industry is seeing each other on the way down. You're talking, you're saying hello, you're catching up. It goes for a couple of hours and it's like a social event because once you're inside the Logis, there's no socializing. Really, you're seated at a table. And this is some of the questions you guys had, but like you're seated at a table and you get served meals and cheese and food.
Speaker 4: And drinks, and the awards go for hours, so you hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so once you're in there, you're very contained to the group of people that you're with, which is probably like six to eight people. So the red carpet for me, yes, I love to dress up because we never get to do it, but I love just hanging out with other industry people and having a nice little catch up.
Speaker 5: It's always so funny too, because people in entertainment.
Speaker 1: Are wild, like they're always lid, they're always on, they're always full of energy.
Speaker 3: So I just think it's a good vibe.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the Red carpet for me, Like, yes, it's fun to see people from the industry, but genuinely, the awards ceremony this year I thought was done so well.
Speaker 3: But look, you guys had heaps of questions about it.
Speaker 2: We have our own feelings about it, and we thought, why not do a little bit of a mini chat around what the night was like from people who got to see it from the back row.
Speaker 5: We put up a little question box on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Firstly, there were four percent of people who said they didn't want to hear about the LOGI, So sorry to the three hundred people, which was more than I predicted a lot, but if you think statistically, ninety six percent of people did want to hear.
Speaker 4: About the logis.
Speaker 6: So I had a couple of questions come in, and there were great questions. I thought the same things.
Speaker 3: First one was what was the best part.
Speaker 1: Best part for me was the boy Swallows Universe is just the fucking best series.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you haven't seen it, go watch it Trent Dalton's book. It's incredible. But Felix Cameron, who was the actor, he's only fifteen years old, so he won two different Logis, but he won this Silver LOGI for Best Lead Actor in Drama and he was up against his co star, so his other brother.
Speaker 5: His speech was so.
Speaker 2: Beautiful and he burst out crying when he was thanking all the people in his life and his much, but he also thanked his drama teacher, which I just thought was the most amazing part of it. That's when he seemed to get really, really emotional, and you think, like the impact that teachers can have in your life, And to think he's his fifteen year old kid who literally is still in school who has been going through doing drama classes and figuring what he wants to do in the world, and then he scored this amazing role. It was just so beautiful and it was so pure, and you could just tell how much he wasn't jaded by the industry and was so grateful to be there.
Speaker 3: It was incredible, incredible. That was my highlight by far.
Speaker 1: My highlight for me was definitely Sampang hosting. He was very funny, But for me, it was probably on top of that Larry finally winning the LOGI like Larry, I don't know how many times he's been nominated, but years after years. He's been in the industry for like forty years and he's never won anything. And he said he was going to tattoo all the other nominees' initials on his butt live on TV this morning if he won, and he's doing it any won, which also fair care because if you make a bet like that, you've got to follow through.
Speaker 5: Larry.
Speaker 6: I actually met Larry strength This is a bit of a weird inception moment, but when I was helping Matt and Ash launch their podcast, Larry Emda was the first guest, so we went to Larry's house to record it. You know, in media, I think when you've been in media for long enough, you meet some people and they are one person to the camera and a different person behind closed doors. Larry was a little bit of that, but in the best way. He's a lot less professional. He's so funny, and he has heaps of tattoos that he like got with his kids.
Speaker 2: He is so nice, but he is so unwaveringly nice, like I hears the person that you see him. He's always got a smile on his face. He's always happy to see you, he always has.
Speaker 3: Time for you.
Speaker 1: He is so perfectly nice, and I'm like, you must be a robot. You can't be a real person inside there. The real Larry's been abducted and you are Madame Triussade wax Doll.
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 6: It was funny because I think the most endearing thing about him he's been with his wife for so long.
Speaker 5: There's the type of couple that they just take the piss.
Speaker 6: Out of each other. I absolutely stan Larry. I was so stoked that he won the Gold LOGI.
Speaker 2: They've also been together for a long time, and he absolutely worships the ground that she walks on, which I think means so much and like really like holds him up as such a great guy when someone has been married to their partner for so long and still speaks so highly about them when not in the room, when they are in the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's awesome, Larry. We love y'all.
Speaker 5: Next question, did you eat the gold lamb?
Speaker 6: There was also questions about what happens with the food when you get there, like do you eat?
Speaker 1: Is it served to you? They're multiple courses, so the food.
Speaker 2: The whole situation with the food is a weird one because you do the red carpet first.
Speaker 5: It starts very early.
Speaker 2: It starts at about three point thirty and it runs until five o'clock. And at five o'clock that is when the food is served. So five o'clock entrees are on the table and you're.
Speaker 3: Being what is it early bird special? I was like, as a parent.
Speaker 1: I'm here for this, Yeah, But basically it's because they don't want to serve any food during the actual show, so you have your entrees are served at five very shortly after the mains are served, and it's a drop plates like one person gets the fish, one person gets a lamb, one person gets whatever else.
Speaker 4: And then you just swap it around with whoever at the table.
Speaker 2: You finish up your meals, and then once all that's been cleared, that's when the show starts. So you feel like you've already been there for so many hours because you've already done from five until seven thirty seated, and then the show starts at seven thirty on live TV.
Speaker 1: But yes, the beef or the lamb, sorry, came out unnecessarily, in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Coated in gold.
Speaker 5: It was actual gold.
Speaker 1: It was gold flaking, Yeah, gold foil, not real gold. What's edible gold foil?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Did it need it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Did we eat it?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes we did.
Speaker 5: Now you've got heavy metal poisoning your wife feel so off?
Speaker 4: Today's I'm a.
Speaker 5: Swamp dongkey, she's got a toxin in the garden.
Speaker 1: Don't look like dot you You do look beautiful Bridge. We get so many compliments about how beautiful you are. Got to take you down a peg, No I don't. I'm going to move it along, Okay. Next question, how many people bail mid ceremony?
Speaker 3: A lot of people. It goes very very long.
Speaker 2: I think if you're in back tables, you can sneak out a little bit earlier. It does finish at like almost midnight, finishes at eleven forty five. And for a lot of people, because it was on a Sunday night, we all had to work Monday morning.
Speaker 5: By the time you finish, you've been there eight hours.
Speaker 1: So on our table, a couple of people snuck out before the gold Ok, you're sorry, Larry, was it either of you?
Speaker 4: Yes, we cannot confirm, not to night.
Speaker 5: Trying to sneak out, and you're what were they?
Speaker 6: Little mirrors are just like clinking along their clinking.
Speaker 4: Sneak anywhere in that.
Speaker 5: It was little sequence. But yeah, so a lot of people do leave.
Speaker 1: But the thing that you might not be aware of is that they have seat warmers seat fellers. They're not They're not gonna put things on your seat to keep your seat warm.
Speaker 3: It's not that bouchy.
Speaker 2: If you leave your seat for too long and you are within the camera range, they have people come in and take your seat and then you can't get your seat back until the next ad break, So you've got to wait outside to the next ad break because they don't want it to appear on live TV as though it's empty at all.
Speaker 6: Do those people are they like actors that get dressed up in attire that makes you think that they would be a person.
Speaker 4: Like a guest.
Speaker 1: They're just staff because you can't see them that closely. It's like the camera's just roam overhead. So it's just so it's not empty seats. It's it's pretty smart.
Speaker 2: Actually, people can apply to be seat fillers, so they're the general public, but they have to dress as though they're at the logo, so they're dressed in nice clothing. They're not dressed like weight staff or anything like that. But they are general public who can put in an application or apply or buy tickets to be a seat filler.
Speaker 5: And she's like, I know what I'm doing. That just to me sounds so interesting because you like literally a fly on the wall. Yeah, and you don't know where you're going to end up.
Speaker 3: You could sit next to Hamish Black, that would be fun.
Speaker 5: It would be okay, next one who got wasted?
Speaker 1: No one, No one that I saw that was of merit. Some people as in like no like celebrities and I was like wow, receipt fillers said, there are a lot of drunk plubs is what Laura's saying. No, there were definitely people that get Liddy City, but none of like the big, the big stars of the night.
Speaker 5: They were all very welcome. I think there were so many people up for awards.
Speaker 1: The last thing you want to do is win an award be drunk on stage.
Speaker 5: That's such as a balancing act, isn't it? Like it's the sea saw.
Speaker 1: This happened to me when I went to the Media Week Awards because I hadn't drunk all year, and I think I had two wines, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Where I never forget you at the podcast, I.
Speaker 4: Want to talk about that, we don't have to talk about it. But because you've got very liddy city.
Speaker 1: That was one of the more unprofessional moments of my entire life.
Speaker 4: What the hooking or.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fuck it, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: I think it was twenty twenty two, twenty twenty one, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got too excited by the open bar situation.
Speaker 1: Also, we got there so early and we didn't eat because we thought we were going.
Speaker 4: To get food there and we didn't get food.
Speaker 5: And I got oh mate, that was one of the worst hangovers I've ever had in my life, and I made some questionable choices. Would I do it again differently?
Speaker 1: Yes? Which would We told Kish did a network, but she took it very seriously, like go network new spreads.
Speaker 5: Sorry, true, but I was saying that.
Speaker 6: At the awards nights, I feel like, because you're so nervous, especially if you're up.
Speaker 5: For an award and you think that there's a chance you're going to get it.
Speaker 6: I think some people have a couple oft drinks of liquid courage, and then you know by the time they get up on stage.
Speaker 1: I would have loved to have seen like Andy Lee just like half sideway is laying out of the table, but no one is like no, everyone is pretty well behaved.
Speaker 5: They are at the after party.
Speaker 4: The after party gets wild.
Speaker 1: So it's it's just like at a venue straight down below, so everyone just walks straight down and that gets wild, Like that's where you will see celebrities all off their chops.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's.
Speaker 1: Dangerous because everyone there works in media. I mean, let's say it's.
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty one meet at the podcast. Would I'm surprised that other people in media don't go and then talk about that NAT's fight club.
Speaker 5: It's like the unspoken rule. It's a safe place for everyone.
Speaker 1: And it's because the people who would talk about it don't make it to the after party because we're all too old and tired. I was like, I'm going to get up for the kids in the morning, and I was home in bed.
Speaker 3: No after party for us.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: So in terms of the seats that you are given and designated, firstly, it's designated seating, right, Yeah. Are you allowed to get up and go and mingle with other people or do you have to kind of like stay in your areas? And I guess do they have tears of celebrity that you're not supposed to make eye contact me?
Speaker 1: Don't make eye contact with table two, three, or four. You get seated tables of like a ten or whatever it is. You've got your name plaques or tags, and you're seated with people that you work with. So like Channel ten might be with Channel ten, or a TV show will be with that TV show all the producers and the directors and the actors or whatever else it is, streamers, the radio, So everyone's in their little groups.
Speaker 5: But you can one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Go mingle with whoever you want.
Speaker 1: You just do it in a respectful way when it's between ads or between speeches or whatever else like that, because you don't want to just go and walk around the middle of somebody's speech or a memoriam or something like that. Do people fangirl there or does everyone act cool and collected and demure and mindful, Like.
Speaker 5: Is there anyone that just doesn't give a fuck? And he's like, oh my god, I'm the beest fan of you, you know, and goes in between the tables and goes up to the front of the room.
Speaker 4: I see that fangirl.
Speaker 3: I think that happens all the time.
Speaker 2: But you've got to remember, like, this is a room full of people who work within the same industry, people who love the industry, and so there, for example, I was standing speaking to Anthony Wiggle.
Speaker 4: Laura fangirl or over the wiggle so hard.
Speaker 2: And also her name's Katerina, but she just she's like the red Wiggle. She just had twins.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 2: She's walking around the breast pump and a handbag. So I was there talking to them, and Celia Pecola, who hosts Thank God You're here, she came over and she was like, oh my god, Anthony, I have a two year old I love you, and so it was really quite sweet to see how people respectfully fanned girl people in different industries.
Speaker 1: And surprisingly, the Wiggles really like they're like superstars of the logis.
Speaker 5: They've crossed so many generations, Anthony in particular.
Speaker 1: They're like, say, when it's really humbling to know that now the blue wiggle in the Wiggles is Anthony's daughter, Lucia Crass.
Speaker 4: Pretty craziness, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's for all the people who aren't parents, they'll be like, oh my god, really, but all the people who are parents are like, yeah, we all know.
Speaker 1: Okay, two more questions from me. What happens in the ad breaks and how does the entertainment work? In the ad breaks, it's when everyone does that mingling between the tables. So it's when the stuff playing on the screens back at home and everyone gets up, they go to the toilet, they grab their drinks, they go to other tables, and then you sort of get a little nod that like time go back, sit down now, like we're going on.
Speaker 5: Do they like ring a bell? No, it's you can still be up when it starts. It's a respect thing.
Speaker 1: When the next presenter comes on the stage, everyone knows it's time to like go back to your seat.
Speaker 3: Ad breaks is when the celebrities go and do a shit. That's it.
Speaker 5: With mate trying to go the toilet in my dress.
Speaker 3: You've got four minutes to do a pood.
Speaker 5: That was one of the questions that came through, and that was my last question.
Speaker 6: Do you get to keep your dresses? How do you go the toilet in them? So many questions dress related.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe some people get to keep their dresses if they buy them, but a lot of people will just borrow a dress or loan address from a designer or someone who they've beggborrowed and stolen from.
Speaker 3: I don't get to keep my dress.
Speaker 4: Damn it. I was gonna ask.
Speaker 3: You would wear it?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't care.
Speaker 5: And make an event.
Speaker 1: So I was very lucky Kaya who did my wedding dress. She is she's just an about rockstart.
Speaker 2: I am quite good friends with her now and so when I message her and I was like, I need a dress for the logis, do you have anything? She sent me a photo of this dress and she's like, are you game enough to wear this?
Speaker 3: She's like disco vibes.
Speaker 2: It feels like adult dress ups being able to go out there and wear something that's so spectacular because it just never ever happens.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to keep it anyway, Like where would you wear it again? You know? And especially my dress min was like a wedding dress almost so I got mine from Sonya Kapalazzo. She's an amazing designer, wedding designer as well down in Melbourne, and I will be taking that back as well. Like you definitely do not keep it, but you also feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders, like you can't wreck that dress because it's their pride and joy and it.
Speaker 4: Has to go back to them.
Speaker 5: So like that's why I didn't go to the art party.
Speaker 3: I was too worried.
Speaker 4: I was like, this dress needs to go home, and I kind of.
Speaker 1: Fucked off me now because I was like, this needs to go back in a maculate condition.
Speaker 6: Well, quite a few people did message us actually saying is this a bit of a sneaky peek as to what we're going to get for your wedding.
Speaker 1: Dress and maybe you could use it twice. When I put it on, I was so in love with it. When I put it on, I was like, oh my god, maybe I don't want to wear this to the logans and went to wear it for my wedding, but it was too big for my wedding, like it was. Imagine you in thirty degree seventy percent humidity wearing that like amazing and spending half an hour trying to get into it, you would actually be dead. I pee levitating up to the sky pretty god of heat exhaustion on a wedding day.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's a sneak peek. No, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I will have that vibe. Yeah, why have fun?
Speaker 5: I just took it so seriously and I appreciate it those.
Speaker 4: Questions and holy think about it.
Speaker 1: But I also I don't know. I'm undercided. I don't have a wedding dress.
Speaker 4: Do you know what? This is a nice segue. Let's talk weddings.
Speaker 5: I literally still have nothing planned.
Speaker 4: I have booked the wedding planner.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to tell you guys the exact date yet, but it is under a year, so it's not that far away. The only thing I have booked I haven't booked flights accommodation, haven't booked a venue, haven't booked food, haven't booked anything. The only thing I've booked is my hair and maker good important.
Speaker 5: So I don't know where it is. I don't know when exactly, but I'm gonna look good.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing I know is that I've got my hair and make care about. I have a question though, so photographer, nothing did it come off the back of the LOGI so you were like, Oh, I know she does a good job and she's a friend, so I'm going to book her again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, are you free in October?
Speaker 5: Yeah it's not October, but yeah, I asked her, isn't it.
Speaker 1: No, is not coming to the wind. I did just say I'm not telling anybody by the time, and I'll be like, hey, Britnam him and BALI like, you did.
Speaker 4: It my birthday that year.
Speaker 3: What did I do on your birthday?
Speaker 5: You drove three hours the wrong direction.
Speaker 3: I arrived in time.
Speaker 1: It's just you said down the coast, so I head down to shoal Haven, not shol Bay, which is up the coast.
Speaker 5: Understandably confusing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they shouldn't have named them something so close.
Speaker 2: Especially when they're an equidistance apart and someone says down, So I went down and it wasn't down, it was up.
Speaker 5: So I had this conversation with my mom.
Speaker 1: This is so funny Whilst I say, I haven't booked anything, right, I know what I want. I just need to get the wheels turning a little bit and actually lock them in. Part of why I produce a Kasha and I are heading to Bali this week to look at this hopefully a venue and lock it down. Anyway, I was talking to my mom and dad. Ben and I and my mom and dad were on FaceTime and we were just chatting away, and I was explaining what I want for the wedding and I was telling them like, as long as you go from this day to this day, the wedding will be somewhere in that week.
Speaker 4: I was like, I haven't locked it in yet, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, Mom's like frantically being like, well, we need to book accommodation. And I was like, Mom, I'm going to sort your accommodation right like Ben and I are going to pay for the immediate family's accommodation for those few nights.
Speaker 4: We're going to cover you guys. How far does that extend funny you.
Speaker 3: Should say that you're a second sister.
Speaker 5: Funny you should say that. So so I'm such a start.
Speaker 1: Put it on the work card. So I was explaining this to them. I was like, I want you guys ought to be together. So we're going to book the immediate family's accommodation. And they're like, oh, that's so nice, thank you, and I was like, yeah, just I'll keep you posting.
Speaker 5: We hang up, and ten minutes later, I'm on.
Speaker 1: My phone and I don't have Facebook as such on my phone, but I get messinger alerts and apparently there's a huge family chat with not my immediate family, but like all my aunties and uncles and all my cousins.
Speaker 4: This is a family chat of like fifty people. And I see this message.
Speaker 1: We literally just hang up, Ben and I just hang up, and I see a message from my mom pop down at the top of my phone. She goes, hey, guys, just got off the phone for Brittany. She says she's gonna pay for everyone's accommodation from the wedding.
Speaker 5: Whoo nick.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, Ben, and she's like what, And I was like, surely I've seen this wrong and I click into it and there's a whole message and I was like, I message my immediately was like, Mom, you need to delete this immediately.
Speaker 4: You've got this wrong.
Speaker 1: Before I could even contact mom, my aunties started commenting, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, that's so nice.
Speaker 4: That's gonna help so much. And I was like, have I just paid for my time?
Speaker 3: It's a connotation. What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: Ben was like, Brittany, you need to do I was like, Mom, you got this wrong. I'm paying for you guys like my mom and dad. We need to define what immediate family means. Immediate family is not Annie Jane's dog, sister's cat that lives down the street.
Speaker 3: Why are you bringing a cat to your wedding?
Speaker 5: I think were cut out.
Speaker 4: The entire family that I'm paying for. So anyway, I was like, you need to rectify this.
Speaker 3: This reminds me.
Speaker 2: I mean, parents are very good at accidentally overstepping the line without realizing.
Speaker 3: And I think it was Matt's sister.
Speaker 2: But when Matt's sister gave birth to her first child, right like, so George our nephew. And I wasn't in the picture at the time because I met George when he was two years old. But I've heard this story passed down through the family tree. Kate had given birth, and Bill had sent some photos around, like her husband had sent some photos around in the group chat, and Ellie, my mother in law, shared that photo widely, not realizing that yes, it was a beautiful photo of the baby, but it was also.
Speaker 5: In the baby was in the foreground, that in the background.
Speaker 1: Was the gaping wound that the poor baby had just come from vagina. She didn't she had a looked beyond the baby because the baby was so beautiful that there was like Kate still birthing a placenta in the background out and basically, please don't make that into social gripes because.
Speaker 3: I might get in troubles.
Speaker 5: How long was the photo up for?
Speaker 2: It wasn't up, wasn't posted to Facebook. It was just shared within the family, you.
Speaker 1: Know, when you send it on a WhatsApp group like yeah, but that was before you could unsend stuff. Your brothers didn't want to see that, but they got to. They got to be in the room.
Speaker 3: And experience it together. It's fine. How did Kate react, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I should ask her because she is such a trooper she's such a she's such a good sport. Surely, when you've just been ripped open like that, you don't care that much.
Speaker 3: You're like, whatever, good sport.
Speaker 1: I will call her after this and make sure she's fine with me telling that story. You she will be because you've told it like three times. I hope she is. Because that story has gone around.
Speaker 3: It's gone. Yeah, it's definitely made the trap.
Speaker 5: It's okay.
Speaker 1: Well. Also, speaking of weddings, you might remember on last week's episode, at the very end, now, I thought we might be able to get away from this scott free. But at the very end of the episode, we made a joke how when it was Matt and my wedding, we got scammed by our wedding planner. And it's been so so many years now, and at the time I didn't want to tell it because I was so worried about the backlash or I was so worried that it would blow up in media, and we just wanted to enjoy the name blah blah blah, but we got.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah shouldn't be off the back of We just wanted to enjoy our.
Speaker 1: Wedding, blah blah, blah blah, we got married, blah blah blah, we love each other blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Don't get boring, let's talk about the scamming.
Speaker 1: So firstly, kind of like fool us, right, because we kind of sen me, oh, I shouldn't say we deserved it.
Speaker 3: But we Matt and I got engaged.
Speaker 2: And then one of the very amazing benefits of being able to share on social media is that sometimes you get things offered to you. And so we had a wedding planner who offered her services to us because she wanted to be promoted as a wedding planner. And so at the time we were like, look, that's amazing. We were obviously paying for everything else, but she was offering her time in in exchange for promotion of her business as a wedding planner. So we got engaged, and we had quite a couple of years between when we actually got engaged and got married. Firstly, it was COVID, I was pregnant with Marley, had a baby. It just like it kind of just kept getting pushed down the list of priorities. But we had always had this wedding planner who had kind of like been a part of this journey for years, and we would go and have meetings with her. We would talk about what we wanted, and we would organize, we'd book things in, we would like pay deposits for stuff like all of that was happening with this one wedding planner.
Speaker 1: It's not like she was a scammer, like a ghost online that wasn't real.
Speaker 5: You were meeting her.
Speaker 4: She was very much in your life.
Speaker 3: She was a real person.
Speaker 1: She had a real business, a catfish, She had a real office.
Speaker 2: We were six weeks out from the wedding, or actually we were about eight weeks out at the time, and I was becoming increasingly nervous because the only things that I had received receipts for were the things that I had physically booked in myself. So I had booked in the venue, I had booked in the photographer art, but the other things, like I'm talking like the transport for our family, the car that was going to get me to the wedding, the cake, flowers, decorations, like everything that you need to kind of bring the wedding together, which is what she was organizing. I hadn't seen receipts for anything yet, so I hadn't actually seen confirmation emails. Everything had been said, yeah, yeah, it's booked, it's sorted, sorted. Had you like paid any money for deposits and that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: We'd paid some deposits, but we'd also confirmed suppliers at certain quotes and stuff as well, so we'd receive quotes for chairs, suppliers were all confirmed, deposits were paid anyway, So that all happened, and it was about eight weeks out from the wedding when Britt sends me a screenshot from wedshed. So wedshed is a very very popular wedding website that a lot of people use if they're getting married for suppliers or to talk about services or whatever. Because my sister Sherry was getting married, So I wasn't just in a web shed group four years ago.
Speaker 4: I just want to really, if I want to put that down. I wasn't lurking in a wedding group.
Speaker 1: My sister Sherry was getting married at the same time as Laura, like I think you guys got married a month apart or something. So she Mary was in a group, and she had because she's part of life uncut, she had known who Laura was using as her wedding planner, and she saw a post go up in the group, which was like a Facebook group.
Speaker 5: It's a Facebook group.
Speaker 1: It's like our discussion group, but it's for weddings. So she saw one post go up.
Speaker 5: That triggered her, and I'll let Laura tell you what it was.
Speaker 1: But then she sent it to me and she said, I don't want to alarm anybody, but I think you need to pass this onto Laura.
Speaker 4: So I was like, oh shit, So I passed it on to Laura.
Speaker 2: So what happened was basically, this post in webshed and if you're getting married, please go join Facebook and join the web Shared Facebook group. It's a really really great group for brides or for people who are organizing weddings. And this post was somebody who had organized their flowers and stuff. So this wedding planet was organizing their floral arrangements. And basically they'd shown up at their wedding on their wedding day and they had spent so much money on flowers and there was almost nothing there except for a couple of little vases of flower decorations that were on the.
Speaker 3: Table and nothing else.
Speaker 1: And they paid turned on thousands of dollars for their flowers, like an obscene amount they'd put into their flowers. And then it was just this onslaught of people who were jumping into the comment section who had had similar experiences, or they'd rocked up at their wedding and nothing was there, or the person had shown up to the wedding hours late to drop off their bridal bouquet. Like it was insane, the number of people who had had similar experiences around thinking that things were booked in and showing up and just nothing was there on their wedding day, like an like a snowball. I was gonna say an avalanche. It was an avalanche snowball of people that were coming out of the woodworks being like this happened to me, This happened to me.
Speaker 5: God knows how it had gone on for so long.
Speaker 2: It had gone on for so long, and very luckily we had not promoted her at all. So I do want to say that because I would worry for anyone to think that we were like promoting someone who was scamming. But basically this all went down. We contacted her and were like, can we please get the confirmations for the suppliers that we have locked in and nothing kind of came through from that. So anyway, we were six weeks out from the wedding when Matt finally because I'm such a people pleaser that I struggled to pull the plug on it.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, she's going to come through. Maybe this can't be right.
Speaker 1: Which is crazy because you'd just seen also like I get that, I'm like that too, but when you've seen like thirty forty people coming out and saying she did the same thing, it's funny that you were still like, I'm going to give another go.
Speaker 4: I know, like you're dating history.
Speaker 1: Literally, Yeah, I'll just give him another smidshit, they'll come through.
Speaker 5: I can fix her, I can make her good again.
Speaker 3: I'll be the exception she'll.
Speaker 1: Change for mere should be there, She'll bring your flowers.
Speaker 2: But also because we'd met her so many times face to face, and I couldn't believe it because she is actually a genuinely lovely person. I think maybe there was some big things happening in her life at the time, who knows what the actual story was, but she was a really lovely person to speak to.
Speaker 3: So I was like, surely this can't be real anyway.
Speaker 2: Matt then was like, look, I'm going to cancel this wedding planner. He's like, I'm going to call some suppliers and figure out if these bookings and confirmations have actually gone through. So, for example, one of the suppliers that we had was just for chairs, so for people to sit down on just white chairs at the ceremony, that's it exciting.
Speaker 5: So that Nana, you know, and great Nana had a little seat to sit in.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 1: And we call up the supplier and like we got married down on the south coast, Molly Miok is a relatively small town, so there's not loads and loads.
Speaker 3: Of suppliers who can supply these items.
Speaker 2: And they were like, noe, we don't have your booking combat we sent the quote, we don't have the booking confirmation. They were like, and also the chairs are all booked out now, so you can't get chairs through us, Like so sorry, but they're not available. So the only people who could supply chairs were Canberra.
Speaker 3: That was the close.
Speaker 2: It's a three hour drive from our wedding venue to get chairs. So the quote no longer was three hundred dollars. It went to three and a half thousand dollars. So this was happening on repeat because all the suppliers that we thought we'd booked in, none of them actually had been confirmed. And we were six weeks out from the wedding and everything had been booked up in the area. It's even more frustrating because it's not you didn't even have a normal like.
Speaker 4: Wedding planning length of time.
Speaker 3: You put it.
Speaker 4: Back two years.
Speaker 1: There were years years to plan and get the best bargains and the best supplies. Next minute, you're like, that's five thousand dollars per chair.
Speaker 5: It was your ass down.
Speaker 2: And that's why when I was walking down the island there were a few empty chairs, I was like, sit.
Speaker 5: Up chair, figure out that buster up.
Speaker 1: I literally saw some empty chairs and I was like, I will stop walking down this r right now and I will get you all of you people in the back to go and sit on that chair.
Speaker 5: I wanted people to be two fold on the chairs like labs. He needed chair fillers, like the load where.
Speaker 3: Are my chair fillers?
Speaker 1: I was like trying to get the weight stuff to sit in the chairs. But anyway, it wasn't just the chairs. It was the cake, it was the flowers, it was everything. Nothing had been organized and so amazingly, Matt used to work in a marketing company. His main role was organizing big scale events like he used to work at concerts and put on like votaphone activations and stuff.
Speaker 3: So like he is great in a crisis, Matt.
Speaker 2: So within the next two weeks we had had, you know, a cake organized, we had flowers organized, we had everything done. The wedding was amazing. We hired her name is hire a bridesmaid, Curson is her name. She was based in Cronulla and she was incredible. She became our wedding planner in the space of six weeks, pulled it all together, did all the rest of the organizing and so it was magical. But it was unbelievable the stress six weeks out and it all came to light because of one single post on webshed.
Speaker 1: The way the world works is crazy because you only found that out because my sister was getting married at the same time. Who has a connection to the podcast, who happened to be in that exact wedding group, who happened to overhear that you were using that.
Speaker 4: Wedding planner, we never would have come to light.
Speaker 5: We were so so lucky.
Speaker 2: And also I just feel I feel for everyone who was affected negatively, Like imagine rocking up on your wedding day and not having things there, or finding out four weeks prior and not being able.
Speaker 3: To turn things around.
Speaker 2: And we are very fortunate that we were able to still deal with some of the financial burdens that happened because of the short time frames. Like you say wedding, everything goes up by zero, you say wedding.
Speaker 3: In a six week period, everything goes up again.
Speaker 2: So like we were and are very privileged that we were able to manage that, even though it still hurt us.
Speaker 3: But then we got there on the day and it was the most magical day.
Speaker 4: So you know, that chair was great.
Speaker 1: Chair was the best chair I've ever said on about fifteen minutes on that chair, I wouldn't have I'm so glad that you guys really really spent some time on the chairs I did. It's time for accidentally unfiltered, and this one is an absolute banger. I used to work for a phone brand and at Christmas they held a Christmas party slash like an awards ceremony.
Speaker 4: For the region. Now I'm talking region.
Speaker 5: As it is the whole of the Scotland stores.
Speaker 4: Oh Scottish listener, Hi shut out, Hi Scotland.
Speaker 1: They doesn't live there anymore, she misses it. I live in Romaniaia. They had serious awards like best Sales Record blah blah blah, boring, boring, boring, then the ones that we were really interested in, such as Best Dressed. Anyway, I won Best Dressed, fantastic. I was delighted and spent all night telling everyone who would listen that.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe I won Best Dressed.
Speaker 4: We fast forward to the next day.
Speaker 1: And I woke up with a very sore head. I turned to my friend in our shared hotel room and repeat the line, oh my god, I still can't believe I won Best Dressed, to which he proceeds to tell me, Sarah, you did not win Best Dressed. A Sarah, you did not win Best Dressed. You were only nominated. And then when they announced the other girl who actually won, you thought they said your name. You skipped up on stage, pretending to act shocked, took the award out of the girl's hand who actually won, thinking that she was just there presenting it to you. Not only did you do that, but then when you were leaving the stage, your shoe heel got stuck in the stage and you limped off, trophy in one hand, shoe in the other hand, thanking everybody for their votes. Imagine being that maggot, Imagine being that drunk.
Speaker 3: Also, what all a move if you don't win something? Just actually the confidence that.
Speaker 1: You did, But imagine being the girl on the stage with the trophy that won.
Speaker 4: It's screaming, Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, isn't it this award?
Speaker 3: What was the best dress for?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was best dress of the night or best dress of like your year at work?
Speaker 3: Like where were they doing best dress buddy awards? I missed the start?
Speaker 5: Was Laura checked out of the whole Flaxie? Also speaking of best dressed guys, I need to drop this in.
Speaker 1: We can't get through this whole episode without having one moment for it, because it's possibly the.
Speaker 3: Best thing that's ever happened to me.
Speaker 1: And I know that I have had two children, but I've fucking peaked fashion Critical?
Speaker 3: Do you know fashion Critical?
Speaker 1: I didn't know Fashion Critical until they talked about my toes.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, tell me more.
Speaker 1: Fashion Critical is an online She's an online fashion critic.
Speaker 3: She's anonymous, she's sassy.
Speaker 1: She's got really mean things to say about people's fashion. So she has a Facebook page. She critiques people's fashion choices.
Speaker 5: I now remember her.
Speaker 1: I only heard of her last year because she she roasted Mitch Churry at the Logis last year.
Speaker 4: That's where I heard of it.
Speaker 2: So last year she said that Mitch Cheury was covered in spitballs and wearing kitchen wear shoes, this with camel. This year she said he has cameltoe. And she always has something to say. I remember in twenty seventeen, the very first time I ever went to Logis, I read my Fashion Critical review and I can't find it, unfortunately, but it was me made me sad this year, guys, the reason why I need to talk about it off the back of that story is.
Speaker 5: Because Fashion Critical said I was best on ground. She said, she called you a bog, she called you a turn.
Speaker 3: I have a bog.
Speaker 1: Your boobs looked better than I've ever seen them in my entire life.
Speaker 5: Laura always talks about how were boobs are.
Speaker 1: Oh, there are my knees eh, and then I was like, they're poking my arm. You refer to them as empty balloon sack. They're not balloon sacks, empty socks with sand in the bottom. The much it's empty like a sandbag. That's only a quarter field, Laura, I can't say that and then also post a video of your boobs last night, so they're not congruent.
Speaker 3: It's not. But let me let me just preface this.
Speaker 2: If you did see my teddies last night, guys, I want you to know, there was a lot of internal supporting structures that helped them defy gravity, and they were painted with l effect. They were not really they were as close to having a boob job without having surgery.
Speaker 3: That's what I did last night.
Speaker 5: No, they're not.
Speaker 4: You just put them in a dress.
Speaker 1: Just own your bang and kids, they are about fifteen centimeters higher than where they naturally sit.
Speaker 3: Is that you're swet gonna happen again? That's my sweet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, it's not suckond sweet, Okay, my suck.
Speaker 2: For the week, I had my stepdad's funeral, which was the biggest, saddest but simultaneously most joyful day. So that was the Friday. Then I was down in Ala Dullah yesterday and then back up for the like it has been a week on steroids, is how it feels. I would say, the suck was saying goodbye.
Speaker 1: It looked like, to be honest, it looked like it reminded me of my aunties. But it looked like a party, like everyone was vibrant, everyone was It looked more like they were celebrating life as opposed to morning in a way.
Speaker 3: So the funeral itself was really really sad.
Speaker 2: I think it always feels like that when it's someone who's so young and it feels like their life has been cut short. But like I said, Neil was such a big member of like the music community of Woollongong, So there was hundreds and hundreds of people at the wake. It felt like a wedding. There were so many people there. But two of his bands that he is a member of was a member of. One of them is called shortened Horny because it's a brass band and they're all short, So short and horny truly. So they were playing music and the music itself was so joyful, So the kids were up dancing and it just was not what you would expect from awake, but it's exactly what you would expect from Neil. So yeah, and it was sad because we were like, God, he would have loved to have been here. He would have had the best day, all his favorite people in one room together.
Speaker 4: That's really special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really really sweet. But that was my I was my suck and my sweet forever for a very long time. That will probably be my suck at my sweet.
Speaker 4: That's really nice.
Speaker 1: My suck would be I me at this stage. So you guys know, I get my migraine botox or if you've missed that episode, I get migrain I have had migraines my whole life and I only recently discovered this year or qualified for the migraine botox protocol.
Speaker 5: So you have to qualify it with a GP, go to a neurologist.
Speaker 4: It's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: But I've worked out how long it lasts for me now and it lasts a shorter amount of time, and so there's always this couple of week period before you can go and get your next injections.
Speaker 4: Where you know it's worn off.
Speaker 1: And I've got that down to a tea now and it's devastating because I didn't realize how well it worked for me until now it wears off because usually the next lot of the botox would overlap, so you don't.
Speaker 4: Really fall back into that migraines.
Speaker 1: But mine now started again last week and I've I don't get them at all when I'm on these botox, and I've had three in the last two weeks. That's amazing that it was so effective for you, so effective for me, and I don't want everyone to think that it's going to work for you. It's obviously the specific types of migraines I get, because there's a lot of different types, and I tried.
Speaker 3: A lot before that.
Speaker 1: But so, yeah, so I've got another week or two before I get my injection. So I'm just back feeling like a turd burger, like a swamped So that's my suck. I just might need to speak to them and see if you can I can get it earlier. My sweet would be. It hasn't happened yet. I know that's not allowed, but in two days it is. Producer Keisha's and my birthday joint birthday.
Speaker 4: And whether that you put me first, Yeah, you're more important than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're born on the same day for those that didn't know, and we are going to be romantically spending that together in Bali've got rooms now. I booked as the honeymoon sweet. I wanted to trial it out for mine for being ben.
Speaker 5: Yeah, own a Bali for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: That is it from us.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 1: Please keep your ask on cuts coming into Instagram. Just write ask gun cut at the top. You'll always be anonymous and you're accidentally unfiltered. Anything you think that we need to know, which, let me tell you is everything.
Speaker 2: And also if you want to catch up, you can watch it all on YouTube as well. Every episode they are up on YouTube. Some of the askar cuts are up there as well. And please, if you've enjoyed an episode, go leavether of you and you know the drill.
Speaker 1: Tell your mom, tay dad, tell dog, tear friends, and share the love cause we love love