Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you very much for downloading this podcast. This is Christian o'connorg just went here today's show show number nineteen and if you've got anything you ever want to email about anything you hear on the podcast. By the way, sorry about show number eighteen's audio quality. We have fixed it. Please email me love getting the new emails now. Christian at Gold one four to three dot com dot au. Thank you very much supporting the podcast and oi kind comments as well. Rummer to rate and review it on iTunes as well.
Speaker 1: Here is the show live from Level two twenty one for thirty one good Wood Street.
Speaker 2: Wreshman.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian Oldcondinal Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I promise my kids sunshine that they've never seen before whilst we get to Australia. Kids, trust me you are man. We lives you sunshine all you round.
Speaker 3: Frost Falk God for a swim in the bak.
Speaker 2: Yet, what's going on Melbourne? The fog was quite nice. It makes me feel quite nostalgic, like I might see Sherlock Holmes coming out of the fog with holding a lantern looking for the scarlet pimpernel. But frost. I didn't think you got frost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not common, actually, I've got to say.
Speaker 2: But regional Victoria definitely, but the city not so well.
Speaker 3: Harbrich McLaughlin takes us a photo of his chicken coop video is building earlier this week. It looks like he lives at sleepy hollows, the arms of trees in fog and frost on the ground.
Speaker 2: He's back on this morning show. We'll be giving him, you'll be hoping as well, a brand new phrase that pays a phrase that he'd be saying just hearing Patch talk about the the Big Games. Tonight, Hamish is on TV. He's obviously the anchorman for all the coverage. We will be giving a brand new phrase the pace that he needs to work into his TV commentary tonight. I have a couple of contenders, but I'm looking to We'll get into that later on this morning. Hey, so we can now funny talk about it soccer use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean now that everybody knows that everybody's.
Speaker 2: On board, we won you yesterday. Apart from you, the only man in Australia who didn't know that the soccer us were out the World Cup. It's real shame.
Speaker 3: I thank you yesterday for putting up with me. Why I didn't know the scores. I honestly believed when I left here that Australia was going to win because you told me, or you would tell me is the score is too nil? You wouldn't tell me which way. I believed it was us, and I was shocked when Peru scored.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have been beaten by Peru. Should You should be in the quarter finals.
Speaker 3: That's why I thought we won.
Speaker 2: Be you were gusted when you find out it.
Speaker 3: Was so sad I was. I was looking forward to spending today's show talking about how lated everybody is there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's a nice listen for people. Isn't it to have like a delayed forty eight hours after something, a breakfast show dealing with events. You know, that's a real win for us. That's a usp for this show. We're talking about what you care about. Two days after it happened. We're in.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast. Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four points.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian I couldnel backfast show here on god one of four point three with jeans for Jean's time for the Early Morning Game. Hello, Hello, you sometimes have earworms, you know where There might be a song that you're just totally just listening to a lot at the moments, Repeat, repeat, for it might be a new song on old one you rediscover that genuinely is mine. I'm finding myself walking around the house. It's mumbling to myself, Hello, is it's my ear one?
Speaker 3: So does that make you more likely or less likely to want to keep the game?
Speaker 2: More likely? I like it. It fills like red up chili peppers, or like a Chris Cornell kind of homage as well. And I like that all right, So Jack, let's remind them how does the new improved Early Morning Game? How long does that list work go?
Speaker 3: There's two contestants now, each will get their own list. Whoever makes the biggest list is the winner of the game.
Speaker 2: Boom, that's it. That's all she wrote. What all right? Cooling? Now to play two? If you go back up against each other next nine four one four one oh four three, We've got some fantastic prizes for you. We're aiming to get nine out of ten by the judge on this feature Roscoe, who is primed and waiting nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: We're playing next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This is such a great song, Dream Academy life in a northern town. Pop factory about this song not gonna be all ridized. This was actually produced by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd. I said, with a bit more reaction, Jack, you know that's a pretty good by pop factors laid down there. It's just staring at me like you don't know what the time is.
Speaker 3: That's a very interesting Christian.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Jacqueline. Hello, hell all right, let's play this now, and we need to get nine out of ten from the judge Roscoe. I've had an idea. You know, we have two callers going up against each other. What say today make it interesting for Rosco? We chuck him in as a second contestant.
Speaker 3: Oh risky, to let the judge be one of the players.
Speaker 2: You've heard the game, you've marked the game, Now be the game.
Speaker 3: If he lose. What I'm worried about is if he loses and he scores slowly.
Speaker 2: Don't judge the Roscoe. He judges us partial. I know, I don't know why we've got this situation either. Anyway, we're here where we are.
Speaker 3: He's going to give us a nine out of ten this morning for the game to live on.
Speaker 2: We want him to. Okay, all right, Jackie, Yes, all right, Jackie. Let's find out what the three topics are.
Speaker 3: What have you got, jack Nineties movies, Australian cities, race horses.
Speaker 2: All right, Jackie, I'm gonna go Australian cities.
Speaker 5: Off you go, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth.
Speaker 6: Oh see Adelaide.
Speaker 2: What about your capital?
Speaker 6: Oh I'm sorry, I know that you're on five at the.
Speaker 7: Moment, Victoria.
Speaker 6: No men missed out five?
Speaker 2: Are you under pressure there, Jackie? You're under pressure that it might be enough? Five be enough to get the win? All right now we're see stay there, Jackie. Don't worry Roscoe. Good morning, Good morning, judge Roscoe. Listen to the power he's wagger. Yeah, all right, So I'm going to go for you. Nineties movies.
Speaker 3: Off you go, pretty intink breakfast club?
Speaker 2: Which one? Happy Gilmour? Yes, yeah, big guddy yep, got a Soundler.
Speaker 8: Oh you put me under it?
Speaker 2: Oha?
Speaker 3: Oh No, rather five was the score, Bill, it was.
Speaker 2: There's the lowest score we've ever got on this game. Amazing. I just give it.
Speaker 3: Too, Jackie.
Speaker 2: Jackie is the winner, jack he got the easy life. Yeah, I know, he screwed it up, Jackie. The win is yours. Well done, Well done, Jackie. All right, now let's go to the awkward bit o Roscoe. We throw ourselves before you yesterday yesterday seven point five. We need the nine for the game to stay on. I'm hoping that your terrible performance won't affect your witness Roscoe. I'm not bitter or anything.
Speaker 8: Honestly, Look I thought a better two because you put me under pressure. But no, I will give you the nine and a half.
Speaker 7: So much Ross God, you're.
Speaker 1: Rock your James stays on The Gay Stays on The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Bon Jovi Living on a brag Good Morning Thursday Morning Show number nineteen on the Christian O'Connell The Show. We have a stack show today half an hour's time. He's back. The smoothest man on your TV screens. Hamish macglocklin, and I've got a gift for him, a brand new phrase that pays. You've seen the one are going to go for and this is the phrase that I will give to him. And then Hamish us to work into tonight's TV work that he's doing calling the games. So Hamish is on in about half an hour's time. Ross Noble Brilliant Comedium is also going to be on the show this morning. We have something new and exciting in the studio which we want to try and use in an hour's time. Tomorrow's show all request like we do every Friday. Now on this breakfast show, you're picking all the songs between six and ten. I love this one that's coming early. What a polite way to contact us, Sir slash madam, Sir Madam Leo Sayer two thousand and four, Touch me baby brackets. I'm always yours. CBS Records, thank you for having a little bit of detail. They're like, we're going to leg it down to the record library, but thank you very much for getting in that early requests for some classic Leo Sayer. So yesterday we finally got our brand new family car. Everyone's been excited about this I's been waiting for it. You may remember two weeks ago my wife texted me in the middle of the show and I was irritated because asking me about what color it should be. And I said, listen, you're gonna be driving it, you'll be doing the school right, and it's your car. I don't really mind. She said, well, I'm thinking about pearl white, and I went, oh, it feels like like a pimps car or some of that rocking around in pearl white. Just go for gray.
Speaker 3: Well what's the difference between white and pearl white?
Speaker 2: No idea, probably money. Yeah, you add pearl in front of something, it means extra money, you know, and us snobs out in the Bayside area. Oh yeah, No, I'd hate to have something that North Melbourne might have, like just white. You know, if you're going to be rocking around in uh in the Bayside, you need pearl white. So I go, yeah, I did just great. But listen, it's your choice. I don't mind. I don't care. I don't have an opinion on it. Really, She goes, great, she bottles out of it. The car turns up yesterday. This is a great car. It's fantastic. However, I come home, my wife's going straight away. She doesn't say anything. She just looks at me and she goes, I don't like the color and cool, but you're in the car. It doesn't matter. You get in the car, you drive it around, it doesn't really matter. You're not aware of the color once you once you use it, it's not an issue. I don't like it, and the kids don't like it either. I want to say, who cares? Are they paying for it?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: So an eleven year old and a thirteen year old don't like the color, and so they go.
Speaker 3: Yes, so neutral, just what they said, don't they.
Speaker 2: Go, it's so boring, dad, just because you're like wearing gray. It's just another gray car. It's really boring. We wanted the pearl white. Now.
Speaker 3: It's not the flashiest thing I've ever heard of.
Speaker 2: It's not. And it didn't help because the sales director here, pretty boy Pete, he told me the the day that his wife has the pearl white one of what we've got. Right, I mistakenly tell my wife that and you pats you know. It's like you say something a woman. It's all used later on in Core is little.
Speaker 4: Cross exation I did the same with our family car. I still think we should have got the Navy. I still don't like its.
Speaker 2: Listen to what my wife has made me do. I've got to call the Garrets today to say, can we swap it? You can't. Please, don't make me do the you call? Why make me do it?
Speaker 4: It's probably devalued by about ten grands since you've driven it.
Speaker 3: The packaging and you've driven it.
Speaker 2: And also why am I calling? It's not my mistake. I said to you you could have the white. I don't care. No, I listened to you. That's it. I shouldn't have done that. I've got to call them today. Ago love the car? What a car? Can we change it for the peol.
Speaker 3: I just how many cases have been driven in just I've guessing you if you had it one day, how much have you driven it?
Speaker 2: I think it's done, like maybe two or three k's. That's it, all right, God delivered to us. We drove a little ride around and they kept moaning the whole time about the gray. It's not affecting your enjoyment of the car. You don't know what the colors you're on the inside.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe if you can wind it back to zero like they do in Farrist Feelers Dat you can take it back to the shop.
Speaker 2: So I'm dying to know has anyone done this before? Is anyone listening who works for a car showroom? Do people do this? Is it possible? And also it is there a cost involved? Please? Could he let me know asap? These really important questions because I'm dreading today's show ending, I've got to make a really embarrassing call nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, and.
Speaker 2: I stays here on Gold one oh four point three. Come on ins to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Not if you want to know what the car is? Oh yeah, nosey, you make a judgment on you try and work out all how much money is he on? What's he got? All right? It's a Toyo to Kluger. And I tell you why I got that couple of weeks ago as an uber, because I've been living in ubers and I got in the back, I said, go is this comfy? What's this? He says? A Toyota Clugan And he was really proud. He went toys to Clugar. Look, behnd you see the boot space and I did, went impressive. He said, I can pop up seats and net. Suddenly this four seater goes boom seven seater. I was like, went home and said we're getting the Toyota Clugar. My overdriver had one. I'm so aspirational.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what color did drive head?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Great, That's why I went great. So anyway, it turned up yesterday it's gray. My wife does not the gray order my two daughters. My wife is making me call the showroom to that ten to say can we swap it for a pearl white one. I don't want to make the call and I don't think we can. Jessica, Good morning, Good morning, Jessica. How can you help me to Have you worked for a car showroom?
Speaker 5: Yes, I used to work for a car dealership, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I have to say, Christian, it's an expensive order that you've just done appreciation.
Speaker 2: How can it be? We've just driven it to take one of the kids to her first soccer practice yesterday.
Speaker 3: Driving through of the soccer field, little gravel stones.
Speaker 2: Spotless is a maculate.
Speaker 6: As soon as you drive it out of that shy room. That's it that can't appreciates straight away.
Speaker 2: Come on, that's just what you say. Surely you guys aren't going to really notice if I bring it back in today suddenly I drive out in a pearl white one. No one is any the wiser. You got the old grease monkey mechanics out the back. Who can take the miles off and do something there?
Speaker 6: Or should have taken the pearl white?
Speaker 2: Should I? She was told, Oh god, Jessica, you're ruining my life, Jessica, and just go tell me this. My wife is telling me that apparently it's more popular to have with the pearl white and it's better for resale. Well, it looks good.
Speaker 6: We have black and white slim line tape.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, dear, oh dear. Okay, this is uh this bad news. Okay, Jessica, thank you, but not thank you. Okay, but thanks cool the show, all right, have a good day.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Bye. Pep good a Christian?
Speaker 5: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Awful? Absolutely awful? I actually think, yes, this is this is just a terrible, terrible moment for me right now. Pet please help me out here. You can swap the car, can't you? You work for all Diota. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Look, you know how Toyota's logo is O what a feeling? Yeah, yeah, well you're not there, Okay, you are, as they say in the vernacular, somewhat disadvantaged in that the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Have you bought it?
Speaker 5: It's registered in your name?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah, you are in it. Yeah, that's what I own it, and I can swap it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: If I buy bad trainers, I own them. Swap them for the other ones.
Speaker 5: Not if you've gone out running in them, even one.
Speaker 2: I haven't been running in the car. We took it around the corner.
Speaker 5: You've been driving, you drive out of it.
Speaker 2: Editay had to drive it to me to bring it to me. They must have done that. In fact, I take that. I've just said, take it up. The podcast hasn't been used.
Speaker 5: Has been used, has been registered. It is now a used car. You could sell and your dealership. You could sell it back to the dealership.
Speaker 1: O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three, Christian.
Speaker 2: If allouse fells, you can pay to have the car finyl coated in the color of your wife. That's not I can't go back into the house today. Mixed it. Someone out with the special clean film kids, I've got there's bubbles on the morning final the cars that gonna look like I'm screwed anyway, seven nine Mornings to Christian O'Connor Breadthor show here on God one of four point three. So coming up with fifty minutes time, here's back the face of swamp afl. Tonight on Channel seven, our friend Hamish McLaughlin. We started a new game with him on Friday's Breakfast show. We did this the phrase to work in over the weekend. I mean flying monkeys come on monkey as you can hear there. Hamish really loves this new game that I've come up with. And so fast forward to round about almost midnight. Who knew that the show is still going on then and they're dying few minutes but fair play. Did he do it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: He got his two other former players who were there, so was it ling? And all right? They actually say it as soon as they flying monkeys than.
Speaker 3: You say flying monkeys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, flying monkeys. He's all over it once they sat. So we've have to get him back and he's agreed to come back on to do it properly tonight with a brand new phrase. So users how well, I'm gonna pick one of your phrases and we'll give it to Hamish to work into tonight's TV show text in what do you think the phrase should be? Four seven five o three one oh four three. You can create a phrase surreal that's honors anything. Let's make him work hard. Let's make him to his monkey tap dance for once. Four seven five o three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I love Ody Vedder's voice, Pearl Jam Daughter, Come on, it's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast show and gone one o four point three. It's going up for seven thirty nine. You're enjoying this new game. The phrase that pays with your friend, our friend, the most beautiful man on TV. He's there on Channel seven tonight grinning Hamish McLaughlin and the phrases that are coming in at the moment. Oh, we just know why we can do this. But thank you very much. Nancy. The phrase for Hamish squeeze my nipples and call me Nancy. Can't see how he can work that in. I know it's a big tonight with the Swans and app But how the hell are you going to do that? Suddenly? Well, squeeze my nipples and call me now is it? We got a game tonight. As we go into the.
Speaker 3: Second half, I feel like it actually works quite well.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, Christian, he should say purple monkey dishwasher.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, what about raspberry sorbet? It's from Catherine? No, holy guacamole, it's another one.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: He's got more feet than legs. That's too easy, you know, when there's a player who's trumbling around with the ball. Christian, what about Hamish to suddenly say my wife's in labor. Dell is suggesting chicken, schnitzel and chips. All right, keep this coming, Hamish is Lizzie right now? Probably squeaky bum time? That might be another phrase text in four seven five three one oh four three. Hamish is up next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three. On as the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on Gold one four point three. Let's get Hamish McLaughlin back on Good Morning, Hamish.
Speaker 9: Morning, Christian jacko nickol be lurking around somewhere, so morning to.
Speaker 2: You, Nick, Hey, how are you legend? Very very well, very well?
Speaker 9: Germany out of the World Cup. But I know that's what we're talking about. We're talking about the AFL tonight seven pm on seven, Tigers v. Swans and this phrase that pays.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 3: No one's paying anyone anything regardless.
Speaker 2: Of what happens. So listen, have you heard some of the ones that the listeners have been coming up with. Squeeze my nipples.
Speaker 3: And call me Nancy, Tigers get four in a row.
Speaker 2: Works, That's not working.
Speaker 9: My wife said, labor Mum would be texting straight.
Speaker 2: Away and your wife, she want to know what's going on.
Speaker 9: You imagine if I said, if you said you can't touch this, thes have a time, Bruce Becovanie would look at me and go, whoa that.
Speaker 2: Can be on?
Speaker 3: You actually used every week hand Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is the worst game.
Speaker 9: All I can do is get it right or be looked at sideways from one of the greatest broadcasters of all time, or be sort of heckled the next day for getting it wrong by you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's not going to happen.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 2: Let's fast forward. I know tomorrow morning, there's gonna be nothing but kudos given to you because you are going to smash this one. I have chosen a phrase, so it's.
Speaker 9: All it's you who chooses is of course? Okay, and Jacko, just before we get this, are there any rules? Last week, when Lingy and Jimmy Bartel went with it first and I threw it over the top, that was deemed by the phrase that pays committee as being high treason.
Speaker 2: So just let me get the rules.
Speaker 3: It was determined that you deferred the contest to somebody else. The rules today you have to say it first, and it's going to be before eleven forty five pm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I get that. You ready? Okay? Sure, okay. The phrase that pays, oh, missus meggans.
Speaker 3: What I didn't know what I meant either, and it turns out it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 2: Okay. The phrase that pays for you to work into tonight's work is oh, missus mggins.
Speaker 9: Oh that that is actually I think it's impossible, no doing that, Missus miggans.
Speaker 2: See there you go, already, you're get in the field of it. You're playing with What does it mean? Does matter? None of these phrases need to mean anything. What does banana hammock mean? Actually, we do know what that will means.
Speaker 3: So coming out with a new catch phrase means that you got to take It doesn't need to be derivative of anything else.
Speaker 2: It can just be brand new and oh, missus Higgins, you can easily do that.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 2: We look at a kick that was Oh missus Miggins. Can you see that I've done it for you?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but you're not live in front of a national audience that would be thinking what a dick.
Speaker 2: No, they're not. They're going to go wow. We I'm liking this new hamish. He needs a few new catchphrases. This is great. Oh missus Miggins, you were that way that works as well.
Speaker 9: Okay, this is unlikely to happen, but come on and we trush, come on, Okay.
Speaker 3: Rest assured.
Speaker 9: I'll be trying very hard to get oh missus Miggins in at some point with absolutely no context at all, when one is playing two on a Thursday night on a free to air audience, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Ye okay, so listen, I said my wife's in labor. That's somehow seems easy. No, no, oh missus mggins.
Speaker 3: Okay, just say hey, am I got something for you? Is Richmond player Jack Higgins playing tonight? Maybe you could go yeah that That's the only thing I was thinking, Missus Higgins. It's Jack Higgins.
Speaker 2: That's not the phrase. That's not the phrase, the phrases. The phrase is simply, oh, missus mggins, how how is that going to work?
Speaker 7: That's for you to work out, my friend.
Speaker 2: I'll be watching tonight, that's all. Wait, sure, we're watching Channel seven Great game and the other great game. The phrase that bays Hamish good luck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That's an exists and listen love the good mon next to Christian O'Connor Bedford Show are Gold one of four point three, eleven minutes past eight Thursday morning. So there's all buzz coming through you speakers. That is the familiar buzz to some of us of a certain age of a vinyl player. We've plugged it into the desk. Yesterday's song brought me as a present. How about this a vinyl player? We think about getting one and then wasting my money buying about the vinyl that I gave away decades ago. Though wish I'd home on too now because it's worth a fortune and Producer Becks, So if you have ever called the show, you probably speak to Producer Breaks. She's great and she kindly brought in a load of her vinyls. She's got some great stuff, including one that leapt out straight away, Violent Fames Dave Barkle brilliant album and track four Blister on the Sun. I love that song. So we've plugged this in. We should be able to play you. I think this will be a first for Melbourne Radio on a breakfast show for quite a few years. We're going to play a song on vinyl now.
Speaker 3: Or did you start your career playing songs off vinyl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I first started in college radio, and even my first radio show twenty years ago was vinyl. You just have to just spend like twenty minutes getting all out the record library. Now it's just a hard drive, it's just there.
Speaker 3: So this little hun that we can hear. You put up with that just the whole time on radio and back in the day.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what you're about to hear. This is a musical education for some of the younger people listening right now, there'll be a crackle when that needle hits the groove and is the best most exciting sound in radio. And you know I love Spotify and all that. However, nothing replaces that warm, deeper sound you get from the needle on the grooves just before the music kicks in. It's the anticipation, it's part of the ritual. Even earlier, I was just getting the vinyl out. I was looking at how it used to be, the great days when there were side one and side too, and you get out the sleeve and you're putting it on. It all takes a while to set up, and he's so excited about the music that's about to come. So I needed to take it to track four, side to.
Speaker 3: I don't have much experience with the needle dropping the needle on, but here.
Speaker 2: We we gently, gently jack gently track four.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking for the fourth group.
Speaker 2: That's it. Ain't wait now, I did you need to go back a bit? M hm. This is called one of four point three paying you Finyl Vinyl Violent Femmes.
Speaker 7: Enjoy listen to that crackle.
Speaker 2: There you go. That is viol and Fems Blister of the Sun on vinyl, folks, you need to need lock otherwise going to stranger the next track. Man, Sorry Melbourne, your ears? Ah, how you enjoyed that we did? That sounded great? You good? Amit? I mean, obviously you're a millennial. Didn't you appreciate how warm and fuzzy that sounded?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: It reminds me of my parents, and I'm actually excited to go home tonight and look through my dad's record collection and see what I can bring in for tomorrow show.
Speaker 2: So I'm thinking, is that sounded so good? It was so much fun playing vinyl? I guarantee if you flick up and down the dial. Most radio stations don't have a vinyl player. The only reason we've got one is because someone brought one for me yesterday as a present. So I thought we could have some fun with this. So my old local pub these are a thing every Thursday called Vinyl Thursday, where you could turn up with vinyl and you put your name down on a waiting this because we civilized, were English, everyone likes to qbe and wait. We'd have a list and put down kind it turn up on and so you wait for your turn, and then you would play a song and I still love this. It's like a kind of ve I kind of dube. Now. We start this a couple of weeks ago on Friday's break for show where it's all requests, and I mean every single song we play is picked by you. We're doing the last couple of Fridays and it sounds amazing Tomorrow, wouldn't it be great? We've got the vinyl player. Do any of you have any vinyl? A you fancy dropping it in tomorrow to us here during the show. You can come on up and you can put your own song on. I'll put your name on the list first, yeahst in reception. Then you come up in the lift to level two where we broadcasts from you come and see us with the vinyl. So have any of you got vinyl? What have you got? And could you make it here tomorrow morning between six and ten. Okay, so we're going to hold kind of like open auditions right now. All right, let us know what vinyl have you got? What could we be playing on our new vinyl player tomorrow as we take radio back decades nine one O four three Give us a call nine four four one.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Club.
Speaker 2: I'm a comedian coome onst to Christian o'clor Breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three. We're taking radio back proper old school now. I've got a vinyl turntable. We've plugged it into the studio desk here. Obviously, music now on radios up and down the dal all over the world. It still coming off hard drive. But the best musical format in the world is vinyl. We just tested out early by playing in full great song Blister and the Sun by Violent fans. It sounded great. PRODUCEA Becks has brought a load of vinus. We can test this out this morning. I'm looking now at a compilation double album. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a compilation vinyl.
Speaker 2: They used to be great summer nineteen ninety. There were some great songs out there. They got Farsie with Communication, Madonna, True Blue So Fine, Young Cannibals, Jenny Morris, don't remember Jenny Morris, Alice Cooper on side too.
Speaker 3: And everyone made the transition from vinyl to CD.
Speaker 2: Sadly not my friend. There were casualties, and Jenny Morris was one of them. Bobby Brown don't be cruel every little step and then this, can you cure this up? Then? Let me just turn it up. It sounds like crackle. This is our turntable Easy mixed Master Mike Motley Crue Dot to feel Good for track foury track four four Yeah, Finyl Baby Vinyl track four Motney Crue dot to feel Good. All right, So we want to know do you have vinyl? Do you fancy dropping in tomorrow and us sticking some of it on an all request Friday?
Speaker 7: Nicole?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, Nicole. So have you got some vinyl for us? Oh?
Speaker 6: A few hundred?
Speaker 2: Have you really? That'll be worth a fortune?
Speaker 6: Now, yeah, they probably will. And every time I think I should do this myself of them, they just scream at me, your nuts?
Speaker 2: What have you got? Then? Take us through? What's some of the highlights, What some of the hits I've got?
Speaker 6: Slayer like Got Chicago. I'm giggling about the culture Club that you just play the vinyls Hush single Sweet Gary.
Speaker 2: Moore from Gary more from Yeah We Do Great Taste.
Speaker 6: Yes, you've got the Blue I've got Public cru Ripper as compilation cat better.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, listen, sounds like our actual playlist. So we need you in here tomorrow, Nicole, can we get you in tomorrow from Frankston VESSI coming.
Speaker 6: In absolutely sounds like a plan.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, Okay, So I mean not sure we've got room to get all six hundred on tomorrow show. I try my best, but we're definitely go through some of those.
Speaker 6: All right, Nicole fantasy, I've been a selection, all right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Let us know the new fancy coming in tomorrow with your vinyl on nine four one four three Travelers on the way.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Very visors, Learn to Fly. It is coming up for twenty to nine. I hope you well this morning. Thanks for tuning in. It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show on Gold one a four point three. So I'm having fun with this vinyl turntable. I've got someone gave it to me to stay as a present. I've plugged it into to the station. We've kind of hard wine old technology, old analog meet digital. That's what we've done this morning.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why we were getting all those area messages at six o'clock this morning.
Speaker 7: I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: It does not compute. And so we're going tomorrow on our all Request Friday show is if you've got vinyl, any fancy dropp an instring him by ours here in Richmond, then come on up. We'll stick some of your music on. What I need to teach you to do because you'll buy the turntable, whether it's side the studio desk. There's an art to queuing up a song on the radio. You never would have had to worry about this, but I had to do this when I started radio. You give it, look at, you find out where it starts, and you take it back. You take it back like three quarters and then when you hit play it.
Speaker 3: So you weren't having to actually drop the needle onlike us.
Speaker 2: What do you think what I used to sound like? Like that? W just said? Did you go, hey it's Tampa stay. Oh that's not the right one said.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be the DJ to tomorrow though people trust.
Speaker 2: Me with the records. But yes, let's do that. Joe, Good morning, Good morning, Saw.
Speaker 8: We're traveling.
Speaker 2: We're traveling pretty well. See do you faste swinging by tomorrow with some of your vinyl?
Speaker 8: I'd be there at the drop of the hat.
Speaker 2: Oh please do What have you got? What could we be playing tomorrow?
Speaker 8: Joel, I've got I've got a des equation which I pick and choose as I go when I'm out hugging the vinyls. But I'd like to bring in kisses double play them.
Speaker 2: You've got double platinum of kiss Yes, I'll be worth quite a bit. Kiss fans spending a lot of money buying up old original vinyl pressings.
Speaker 8: There is a small crease in the color, but it's original pressing. With the cash blank of records to we get inside?
Speaker 2: Well, have you gone on eBay or any of the record shops online to see what that's worth?
Speaker 8: I've tried to, but every time I look it up, especially with record shops, they can't tell you till they see it, and then when they do look at it, they generally go by the sorry to.
Speaker 2: Hear that, bloody Pommy pound all right? And Joe, what's on the double leven? What have you got on the Detroit Rock City?
Speaker 8: Detroit Rock City Hard Luck woman Strata she I do believe theft's on there?
Speaker 2: On that or not? I think it is what a song? Love gun very subtle as well, I mean it's Sharan's never going to write a song as Subtler's love Gun Joe, Joe, we'll see you tomorrow morning. Okay, all right, now, let's see if we can get someone we met last week on the show. DJ Steve Strange. Good morning, DJ Steve Strange, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good? Listen to that voice. Welcome back to the show. Now, buddy, you must be DJing tonight. Where about you're going to be give yourself a plug.
Speaker 8: I'm not on tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm actually on right now.
Speaker 6: As the Gami's reser.
Speaker 11: Early Morning DJ says, stay early morning, bingo. Believe it, I like I am while people having a breakfast. You're playing the hits, not the hits.
Speaker 2: This is actually traditional bingo. Oh I see it. Read numbers this morning. Yes, I'm working numbers this morning and next weekgain we'll be working music. All right? And how many records have you got in your collection? And you're a professional DJ, what have you got? Between me and my mate lives, we've probably we've got over twenty thousand.
Speaker 12: We can pretty much give you anything you want.
Speaker 7: What's your favorite I'll bring it in.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is great. Okay, Steve, we have to get you and your mate less on tomorrow's show with your final okay, not a problem, all right. Enjoy the Binger this morning.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 2: I'll see you tomorrow. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you there on Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Strong stuff there from Pats. Keep this there between now and six pm tomorrow. Stay up right, do not sleep on this one or you will lose ten thousand dollars votes. All right. The Red Hot Summer Tour we announced this week. It is back in January twenty nineteen. Tickets on sale right now. You know this will set out very quickly. You can get your tickets through ticket Master. They're on sale right now. You've got Jimmy Barnes, Jon Jet and the Black Hearts, the Living End Diesel. You can stick some diesel on in a minute. Richard Clapton and Chocolate Starfish. Tickets are on sale right now. Good luck. Today's that work time waster. This is for you to loaf off now we get into work. You don't get straight down to work. You can still take part in the Breakfast Show. Change a letter, change a song, change a letter, change a song. When are you're saying this for the benefit? Really, I'll producer becks he's had a lot of trouble with this. He's adding letters or.
Speaker 3: Taking them away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's some sort of an Egyptian hieroglyphic sort the name of an uber driver I don't understand, okay, and rears of a clown.
Speaker 3: Good, very good actually, because the more you think about it, the funnier it gets.
Speaker 2: Keep on thinking, then laugh and give me a goals? What do I get? Gold siper goals in my wife beats with song? Very good?
Speaker 3: Gold plus plus.
Speaker 2: I put a smell on you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're it's three from.
Speaker 2: Three first of the way. That's the first of the way. I've never had this. Oh my word, this is incredible. What have you got for ustand free from three? Gold?
Speaker 3: Well a bitter man.
Speaker 2: Bronze plus.
Speaker 3: It gets funnier the more you think about it.
Speaker 2: No, actually gets worse. I said to a trap that bronze minus.
Speaker 3: Don't stop relieving, Nick, Can I ask you if I can say this one? Actually? Can you read in the meantime when doves fry is another one I've got? Can I say we get the nod from Brian killing me softly with his doll.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I mean I'm not easily offended, but I'm stunned at that killing me softly with his doll. You happy with that? I'm not happy. Go around to your mom and dad's tonight. How was work today? Killing me softly with his dog? Dad? Say that?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 2: We okay? Carl and Jackie over there in the corner, what's you up to?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Actually, let's go back to Wars of a Clown. Actually that's not any better anyway. I see what you can do now? Then change a letter, get us fired. No, change a letter, change a song, to take a song title, change a letter oh four seven five three one oh four three oh four seven five three one oh four three to text in and Jack will martin them in ten minutes time. And you can also tweet me if you want it. It's easier at OC. Let's stick on some diesel now. Tickets are on sale for your Red Hot Summer tour a Ticketmaster, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four three.
Speaker 2: Love Shaqman fifty Two's on Gold one A four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show for Jeans for Jeans nine twenty time, Now for Jack to mark. You're at work time wasters this morning. We're asking you to change a letter, change a song. You ready to mark, Ready to go? Okay, enter Grandma, enter gron Oh no, enter Grandma.
Speaker 6: I really like a bit.
Speaker 3: I're going to take a technical point off for and a Sandman should finish with an and.
Speaker 2: I guess it's all quite the same though, Enter grand Man. It's a silver all right, tublat pork Sunday, bloody fun day, different song, good, silver, alive and licking, basic functional works, civil plus. That's for Jason. The hardest part coldplay, You are the hardest part.
Speaker 3: I hate to give something with.
Speaker 2: Far or poo a gold Okay, yeah, of course that's what I forgot. Who's the guy on the show that just now said, well you just did no you now you're judging them hard, judging judge face.
Speaker 3: Hardest part is gold.
Speaker 2: Piano Nan Finny Joel like that. Well there's some Christian guy. It's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll.
Speaker 3: Heard it before, Bronze.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, someone's a little bit jaded. This morning, young buns. Wow, instead of young guns. That's rubbish. Oh no, it's another No, we're not doing those. That's rubbish, working class.
Speaker 3: Ban working class ben.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm afraid to say, guys, you haven't done your best work this morning.
Speaker 3: So you got all the best ones when you did a triple gold.
Speaker 2: Oh no, your dog was there like a real high point for today's scratched out for the coast. That did not sound right? Do you're not get a grab of that? I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one.
Speaker 2: Oh four point three, mon, it's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show on Gold one. I four point three.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is exciting for me. I've known this man, the brilliant comedian Ross Noble for years now. He's living here and I'm living here.
Speaker 10: Usually I haven't told anyone I'm living here, so now that's an exclusive.
Speaker 2: Oh what a show. TMZ are just turning up with the helicopter outside.
Speaker 12: Used to live here, move living back in the UK for eight years.
Speaker 2: This is so weird, isn't Mary.
Speaker 12: It just feels odd talking to you in this country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I guess you're doing a radio interview with someone with a British accent as well. When he used to just chat to people like Jack. Yeah, I didn't say people.
Speaker 12: You've really made the effort to fit in here.
Speaker 2: I'm integrating really well.
Speaker 12: Have you stopped using the word savages?
Speaker 2: That's who would never use that word? I say, ever, just in the car, I don't know what I found, right, because you you've lived here for some half the in the back of the UK and flitted now you're permanently here. One thing I'm still getting used to is the wild West roads here. The driving is so aggressive it's terrified. I feel like it's Daisy on the roads here. No one lets each other out.
Speaker 10: What's what What you've done there, right, is you've come from London where the traffic doesn't move.
Speaker 2: That's what you see. What I mean.
Speaker 12: You sit in the car and if you're actually driving in the center of London and you just go like, oh, he's letting me out.
Speaker 2: No he's not.
Speaker 10: He's not moving, so therefore he can't actually speed up to block you.
Speaker 2: So it's a physics things. Time is going that slowly. He just appears that he's let me out. I actually refused to hook turn the moment. I don't think I'm ready for that.
Speaker 3: Christian single handedly is keeping uber afloat in Melbourne because he refuses to drive.
Speaker 12: The hook turns hilarious because because I like hoop turned, but the trick with.
Speaker 2: Hoops, why would you like it? It makes no sense. Don't do it anywhere else in Australia or anywhere else in the world. They've all seen the hooks on gone. No, we don't need that, you haven't.
Speaker 12: What I like about it is that even people that lived here all their life aren't quite sure about it. So there's a moment where everyone's sort of started. Everyone's looking at each other and it's kind of a bit of it. It's like a spaghetti western out.
Speaker 10: All the eyes are looking and you go, anything can happen now, and it's like the lights and everyone is if you once you get used to them and you're driving in the city all the time and you're over there. The trick is to is to wait until somebody else is about a hook turn and then just stay on their bumper.
Speaker 2: Because early in the morning, when I could be driving in, I could be waiting for an hour or two and the breakfast show's already started West Christian. He's still waiting for someone else to do a hook turn.
Speaker 10: Well, people don't literally, There's I know, people who drive into the city and we'll just go, oh, this one's a hook turn. I'll just go to the next one. And there's people end up in Geelong. It's just that's why you know, Geelong's on the on the rise. There's like you know, there's it's exploded bendergre boom.
Speaker 12: That's not because you want to move there.
Speaker 2: And do you find that when you when you like tour the UK and then when you come over and you do Australia, do you have to quickly make some adjustments otherwise those things are going to get lost in translation, right.
Speaker 12: Just little little things like obviously have you oh yeah, have you learned this one yet? A strimmer here whip a snipper? Is that true?
Speaker 2: That sounds great, but it's not. But it's a strimmer strimmer. But the streamer also makes sense because it's strims. The noise feels like it's strimmer and it whips and its nips stream. I have two words. You know, Australians are so into shortening words. I won't even called someone Steve, it'd rather be Steve O.
Speaker 10: So hang on, are you suggesting that Australian's shortened words Steve O is longer? Have you noticed they take short words and make them longer? Ross that like people call me Roscoe, I've got less to call me Ross here Rosco.
Speaker 3: We feel uncomfortable with names not ending in A or y.
Speaker 2: I guess we got to add. You know, like the day there was a cooler called called Damien who called in and I went, good morning, Damien. You went if I was some sort of fancy prints, why he scored him Damien.
Speaker 12: But you would never christen someone dear Moore, because then they'd be called.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: People think that your new is Christian Connell. That's what people think, you're second of Connell.
Speaker 12: But it's actually Christian Crystal, Christian Old Chrystal.
Speaker 2: Like a magician, the Great Chrystal Crystal Connell. All right, so people want to go and see you in Australia as you're doing these various states over the next couple of weeks. Where can they find out more? Ross?
Speaker 12: Noble dot com it's all on there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You're not got dot com to au.
Speaker 12: Oh that's interesting. I did have hear you, but the shortened it.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connwill Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: God one a four point three.
Speaker 2: Come on it to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. So Jack, you know how this works? The ten k no repeat workday. Tell them how it works. Over the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: One song will be played. Then within the bracket of six am to six pm, the same song will be played again. If that happens to call in, you win ten thousand dollars if you're the first caller.
Speaker 2: Fair play. You actually did that a lot better than I thought you'd be. Damn it. I didn't think you do it that. Well, that's that works. Keep listening to Gold one of four point.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian Who conn Will Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well we are back tomorrow morning. Whenever you wake up Tomorrow's show. All request Friday, some of them on vinyl. If you've got vinyl and you want to drop by us here in Richmond, let us know on our Facebook page. You can find us on Facebook OC one oh four three where you got some people coming in.
Speaker 3: I'll be dropping the needle on the songs as well.
Speaker 12: Rick RB.
Speaker 2: He said, that's a midnight DJ from the sixties, RB dropping the needle on some hits. And also well make sure you watch Channel seven tonight the Big Game and so you're can find out how Hamish McLaughlin gets in the phrase oh missus Miggins.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three