Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, this is Christian. Thank you very much for download and supporting the show. Just a little reminder and obviously if you're listening to this you didn't hear the live radio show, or maybe you did you just want to play it back like your favorite album. Anyway, my point is this, on today's show you'll hear some emails Latela Party. Even though you might be catching up on this a bit later on when the show went out, you're still part of the show. I love getting your emails. They really do come to me. I read all of them. I don't have time to apply to every single one, but we love getting them. So email the show. Be part of the show. If you're hearing a phone in we're doing, or even a story Jack me or Patsy does and you think, well, I've got something for that, please email it to me. We love doing Latela Party and I really love getting the emails today. They really are big part of the show. Email me directly, Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. I hope wherever you listen to this you're well. Thank you very much for still being a part of my.
Speaker 3: Show Weighty were and get me to facilitate the.
Speaker 2: Knock all this together my Hannah mameer here the Christian.
Speaker 1: O'con gold one O four pin three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we were saying it's miracle Monday. It wasn't a miracle. It was marvelous Monday World. Uncle Matilda's what a huge dominating win four nil.
Speaker 3: We absolutely dominated. I was so proud to be here Australian last night.
Speaker 2: It was a great game to watch and I can't imagine how nerve racking it must have been since Thursday night when they lost, right and you've got four days of national scrutiny. Is Sam Kirk going to play? Are they going to cope with the pressure? Canada are ranked higher than you. How do you hold your nerve in that not just not just survive last night, but actually come out playing your best. You played the whole tournament so far right here in Melbourne at Amy Park, when you know if you don't win, you're out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see the day before you see New Zealand, who's the other host nation going out? So there's even more pressure on Australia to at least go through to the next round. But we played. I thought it was a completely different team to what we saw in the first three games.
Speaker 2: It was amazing. There was something just joyous. My nineteen year old daughter Ruby was down at fed Square and I kept getting all the sort of crowdy action she was filming about all the goals and the penalty. She said, there's also a lot of booing with those Jean canoots trying to get to free kicks now throughout the game. But she said there were thousands of people down there. She said, it's an amazing atmosphere. How amazing for the materials now and now they can go through. So you've got a whole week now until hopefully denmarkin next Monday night in Sydney, got a week to recover. Hopefully Samka will be playing when they really really need her. But even without Samka, yes, so that whole team and old Tony the coach get this yellow card for coming out with a little tactical area.
Speaker 3: Do you think as we get closer to the final he'll dress up a bit more or yeah?
Speaker 2: I got to say, I know Melbourne we like to keep it cold. I mean, I'm wearing a hoodie here, a black hoodie which is the official aware of a man our age Tony in Melbourne. But he looked like he he was uber driver, had a quick pickup.
Speaker 3: He looks like he just woke up and they're like, yeah, game's on, Tony.
Speaker 2: Right. Soccer managers are in suits, you know, look at Pep Gualdola or stuff like that. In the EPR, they're in Armani suits. He had a hoodie on.
Speaker 3: And the cat pulled down over his face. Looks like he's tried.
Speaker 2: Now. Yes, still on the show. Our producer Caitlin was so excited about last night. She had Matilda scarf on. It must have been amazing watching that and seeing real history. And it's the great thing is it's front page news today. This is history front page news, and the news about Buddy gets a slightly smaller thing on the front page. It's history changing. This is amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was huge, like I think growing up and I grew up playing with Raso.
Speaker 2: No mention, here's the bandwagon. I could have gone all the way if I've been for my knee.
Speaker 4: But to watch them just absolutely dominate under the pressure that they had, and to see all the little girls in the crowd and to be a girl that grew up playing sport and never really had that to see. I think for Australians and the girls at watching Matila last night, like that just meant so much more than just that win. And so that was just awesome and I'm just so proud.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. It was just so amazing to see. Yeah, I thought I loved the whole game. It was so exciting and they were so brilliant as well. They can now go into the next tournament. It's all knockout games now, but as serious contenders, they deserve to be at the World Cup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that are incredible and I have high, high hopes of my scuff so I will be wearing that next Monday.
Speaker 2: Also, and you were saying a Jack and I, as much as we're sort of I've been watching all games really behind it. It's not quite the same for guys watching this, right, It is a different experience, you know, you were saying, it's a different thing the way you're seeing it from like people like Jack and iron Men.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you growing up, but it's like a lived experience, right, So growing up you wouldn't have noticed that, you didn't you had all these men that you would watch and aspire to and could be one day.
Speaker 2: Right now, you could easily play soccer as And as.
Speaker 4: Much as you understand that women should, you know, have equality and do these things. And see these girls and they deserve what they get. No one experiences it unless you are a female and you haven't had that, and you notice the difference. And so that's why just last night, you know, I was really emotional because I just thought, Wow, this is incredible. All these little girls can actually see people like these women doing incredible things, doing great things, and they can see themselves doing that one day, and that's an option.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When I spoke to my daughter yesterday when she was getting on the tram from fred Square, she was in tears. She was saying, so she said, this is the most amazing experience of my life, just being there with everyone watching history, watching these girls do something on a world stage, magnificent and it being front page news. She said, he really felt like she was seeing a big shift in history.
Speaker 3: And just think of the amount of pressure that was on them last time, and they didn't even meet the pressure. They exceeded the expectations as amazing.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So all the front pages are today, of all the newspapers, no surprise, it's all about the Matilda's. By the way, I know you love shortening things here in Australia. Matilda's is not that long a word, done too many consonant. It's not going to take up a lot of your day to say Matilda's. Last week I saw our producer Tom, who loves the short things, doesn't he the Tillies. He was getting behind the Tillies.
Speaker 3: Everything must be shortened, Christian.
Speaker 2: But now yesterday, now Jack, do you know it's the Tilts. Last night was Tilts getting it done. I'm like, who are the not the Matildas? Are they the Tilts? The Tills doesn't sound good or scan right? The Tilts getting it done? It's still trend Tilts. T I l t s the Tilts. All right. So the headlines in the papers razzle, dazzle, waltzing Matilda. Let's see this morning if we can come up with some better headlines. Okay, all right, so exit on the time waits today? Better headlines for the Matildas smashing their way through Canada. I've got Miracle of Melbourne, Melbourne again and Rockin' Ruzza rocks the cup like that bang bang, you can have that pantsy for the six thirteen mates yours.
Speaker 3: I'm so proud of Melbourne as well for getting behind and like we did last night, we were easily the best crowd out of Sydney and Brisbane.
Speaker 2: I have some friends have said that who's seen all the Matilda's games? So in Brisbane last Thursday night and then they were in Sydney for the first game and said, genuinely, they're not from They're from out of state. They said it was the loudest crowd. They said they would have made a difference, like a huge difference. I thought, Amy Bartler's amazing as well. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: I've got Actually I've shortened Matilda's as well for one of my headlines.
Speaker 2: Not Tilts, Don't go down the Tilts guys, come on.
Speaker 3: I've written four Neil Mattil.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like an age one, isn't it? Slightly high rail.
Speaker 3: And Canada more like Cantada.
Speaker 2: I'd like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, God, the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Now what am I about to ask you? Is? Is a big ask. I appreciate it as an Englishman on Australian radio. But for the sake of the Matildas and next Monday their next game, you really need to cheer England tonight. Give me another second. Here they're taken on China. Should the Lioness win tonight, right, that means that you are not playing England, you will take on the second place night group, which is the Danes the Vikings. They are a winnable team, so cheer on. I notice the ashes is hanging in the air. It's hard to ask you to do this, but for the Matildas you need to cheer on the Lioness tonight. Trust me, you'll thank me next Monday night. We need taking the Danes.
Speaker 3: How Australia response to that is we're ready for it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: That's right, it's too much.
Speaker 2: What was I think I've learned nothing for five years? All right? So we're asking some morning extra time waster is come up with a great headline from the Matilda's four now win thumping last night here at Amy Park of the Canadians. They qualified to the next round. All right, So here are some of your possible headlines. Some of these are great because now everyone's shortening the Matildas to the Tillies or the new thing that happened last twenty four hours, Tilts full tilt, love it Gold four to zero, Matilda's my hero Gold. That's very good, Chris four and no back to Canada.
Speaker 3: You go gold.
Speaker 2: That's wrong. Well this one not so snappy. Sorry Canada. You maple leaf now and go home that gold mammoth, Matilda's Gold pushim by the way, do you love found or no gloves? Yes? I did love very father h Canna, don't beat the Matildas.
Speaker 3: That sounds like it's coming up. Yeah, it would have been good for yesterday. Yeah, silver.
Speaker 2: Word on Matilda's you did it for the farm instead of being a flop like Dan, now they send what is it about? We don't any way to give Dan Andrew some clip. He's come on Michael now, but this guy Michael basic. Every day there's a textawk and we're talking about the show where he get involved involved, unlike Dan even yesterday. Are Tilly Thrilly?
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: I'm Kelly, Matilda's turn over, tired maple Leaf, Silver, Matilda's walks into round sixteen, Silva red hot Tilli peppers. That's very good. Jennifer Grant, Russomania Gold, Matilda's eat maple syrup for breakfast, Steve and I love that World Cup top sixteen. The Matildas are keen, silver Puss. You'll comer winning Matildas.
Speaker 3: Not quite all right?
Speaker 2: Well down everyone, those who got.
Speaker 1: Those Christian Connell's Show podcasts.
Speaker 2: We're moving on. But Matilda's headlines as you generate better sports headlines for the papers today, still coming through rest upsam, We've got this. Matilda's is in the swag, Matilda's put the maple syrup back in the bottle for zip Matilda's clean up. So do Christian O'Connell show listeners with four vacuums to be one today someone's listening well, Chris Apple for teacher. Yep, we'll be getting into that after seven o'clock. We're doing the goal of on with e ands. So every time Matilda's School you win a prize in the qualifying rounds and it's a bosh.
Speaker 3: Call this vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 2: So we've got four yes to give away today and then next week going into a knockout rounds. It gets up to.
Speaker 3: A dishwasher, a higher Sentina free standing dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Matilda's no since Kildas and Canadians mounted by the Matildas, let's keep it. Come on, come on, guys, come on, come on, go all right, we're going to the lines now. Things you shouldn't have to pay for these days, the stuff that we are And it's that thing. Where is this a couple of bucks? Right? So they think, hey, you know, it's not ten twenty dollars where it's already going to pauk your interest or get you angry. It's just a couple. It's just this little creep of like one or two dollars here.
Speaker 3: I remember the uproar when fish and chips shops started charging for source packets, individual source packets, which should be complementary. Yep, I've got a new one. And warning it could be coming to every Italian restaurant last.
Speaker 2: Night, warning, warning, warning.
Speaker 3: We sat down an Italian restaurant and were charged for bread.
Speaker 2: Bread is normally a given and then complimentary.
Speaker 3: Specially at an Italian restaurant.
Speaker 7: What type of bread though, like a garlic bread or a roll?
Speaker 2: If you're rging off the menu, Patcy, I agree, if you're saying, like some garlic bread or bruschetta, that's different.
Speaker 3: Fair enough garlic bread, I would that's on the menu. You pay for that. This is just plain slice, not even butter, not even oil, not.
Speaker 7: Even You didn't ask for it. They just like as part of the service.
Speaker 3: I did ask for it, but because yeah, you're right, Usually an Italian restaurant just gratis would put it on the middle of the table. But I said, how can we have some bread to mop up the source of this pasta? She said, it will be three dollars, three bucks, three bread dollars for.
Speaker 2: We all know what a loaf of bread costs. But they ain't bringing out the whole loaf, are they? Just?
Speaker 3: But the tradition Italian restaurant since ancient Roman time giving you bread for free. And now that's a side.
Speaker 2: Of I could shot the ancient Romans. Clicula wasn't expected to pick up the chaf for his bread at a Roman bathouse trattoria. There. That is awful.
Speaker 7: That is tight.
Speaker 2: Couple of weeks ago I was expected to. We were just in this burger place, right, me and my daughter Lois, and there wasn't enough mayonnaise, and so I asked us some more mayonnaise. When extra mayonnaise is one dollar fifty. I went, no, I'm not come on, and you know when they don't even want to enforce it, which is some young kids. So I didn't want to kick off. I said, come on, you know that's ridiculous. I said, there's a holes across the road. I could go in there by some minds come in here and put on this plate one dollar fifty. I'm not paying that.
Speaker 3: Tomato, sauce, mustard, and mayonnaise should all be free.
Speaker 2: Condiments should be complimentary.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you've got a fancy blue cheese dressing or something.
Speaker 2: I've got to knock that off the back, okay, but I'm not paying one dother fifty for a little dollip plus in that little kind of paper thing they bring that thimble where it's like it's not even a teaste. You've got a smear it very lightly on your burger or chicken or donkey little frizens. So this morning we though you shouldn't have to pay for that. You should not have to pay three dollars for some bread. It's just something to mop up the sauce.
Speaker 3: With ins and outrage.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: The producers once more have come up with some retro sound effects. Often find the moment that they're giving us sound effects after we've moved on. Maybe you could tell us the story about you eating the Italian restaurant again, Jack, No, I've got oh.
Speaker 3: This takes me back to last night when I was sat down at an Italian restaurant. Everybody knows that complimentary with your meal at an Italian restaurant, you get some plain white bread. Sometimes even the butter and the olive oil and balsamic is free as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they shouldn't be charging for that.
Speaker 3: Last night for two slices of white bread charged three dollars. Absolute outrage.
Speaker 2: That is bang out of order. Christian, I was charged for a takeaway container for leftovers that I'm already paid for at a restaurant, A Marie. That's terrible. Those are a plastic contents. What do they even cost? All right? Nine four one four one four three? What shouldn't you have to pay for? That's let's kill the tony about It's not van for everyone's story, is it?
Speaker 3: Ask each person if they're having to tell you restaurant.
Speaker 2: I'll got it queued up collect Good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Hi guys.
Speaker 8: So on Friday.
Speaker 9: I bought three hundred dollars worth of balloons, which is a lot of balloons, and I had Normally you would get plastic bags. These are inflated balloons. Normally they would put them in plastic bag so you can get them out to car. I had to pay for the plastic bags.
Speaker 2: See that's tight if you're given someone three hundred bucks a lot of money.
Speaker 9: So like I had four bags that had the twenty had ten each of the standard balloons, and then I had the big massive balloons, and then I had confetti balloons. I didn't get the bags for the confetti balloons. And I had three or four of them pop in the car, and I had the numbers fifty and one of them got imaged.
Speaker 10: In the car.
Speaker 9: So yeah, no no bags, like three hundred dollars worth.
Speaker 10: How's that?
Speaker 2: I just want out to get fifty inflatal balloons in a car in those bags, it's a not I can't imagine how what's to get threw hundred to get a load. It's a nightmare getting a load of those inflated balloons in the car, isn't it.
Speaker 10: It's a nightmare.
Speaker 2: They want to escape, they want to then the worst thing is even if you manage to shut the doors, you then get in. They all start moving forward like a codpress. They are coming for me, the swarm of the balloons, and you're like backing them away with your hand.
Speaker 3: What happened to Christian? He just got enveloped by the balloons and you never saw him again.
Speaker 2: Collect was so was this for a fiftieth?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 2: I'm guessing it was for my home zero together, Yes, there was a celebration, and the rest of you were like, I don't know what was she celebrating? One hundred years?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Five? And the zero is all there goes?
Speaker 9: And I couldn't. I could have had so many balloons.
Speaker 10: I had his truck.
Speaker 9: I had so many balloons in the cabin. Fortunately I had to drive forty kilometers, but literally I was like, just had the cabin space and I had to drive in the left lane because I couldn't see anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Do you know what we should talk about trouble you've had transporting something because those balloons are a nightmare. You had to drive forty k with all those balloons.
Speaker 9: I did, and then I had to stop and pick up the cake.
Speaker 2: The moment they know when there's a door open, don't they They all start migrain or there's a door door, they just want to go up into the stratosphere balloons.
Speaker 9: I will say I did get quite sweety trying to get them all into the car, because, like you said, every time I pushed one in, another one came out. I was like, oh my god, I'm never going to get him in the car.
Speaker 2: It's like herding count to get them in. And also the thing is connect when you go to all that effort, right when it's someone's birthday and they see it all so that you can't help but bore them about all the work. Can you go, I've got to tell it happy birthday. By the way, husband, it was a real effort, and you really want them to know well how hard it was. They didn't just arrive heat you.
Speaker 9: It's funny because I seek I did tell about ten paper.
Speaker 2: I did that once. So my daughter's tenth birthday part was going. These balloons were nightmare to get in the car. I had to stop three times. Collette, thank you very much. You call my great story.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys, but brighter you're.
Speaker 1: Listening to the QUESTI O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 13: Good morning, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Maggie. So what do you think we shouldn't have to pay for?
Speaker 8: We went shopping to buy a bow tie for my nephew and that was on sale for thirty dollars, asked for the pocket square to go with it, and that was another thirty dollars. So the pocket square, a little square of material with a hem was thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't expect the pocket square to be free though.
Speaker 2: You're paying for more kind of fabric, you know, so you can't understand why they're not chucking that in for free?
Speaker 3: Is your argument, Maggie, That it's just the same material as the bow tie, so it's almost like just off cuts of the material and made the bow tie out of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, basically, And there's no work other than hemming the bow tie. I get there's work in there, but if you're buying a bow tie, you get the pocket square for free.
Speaker 3: That's true. Actually it's just a square. There's no craftsmanship going into it.
Speaker 2: I think there's real craftsmanship and on behalf of the haberdashery industry. I felt we're doing them at a service, because if it's that simple, why aren't we all just doing a little bit of henwork on our sewing.
Speaker 3: Which we could make a pocket square within hours.
Speaker 2: I've tried to do some sewing years ago. Once it's a nightmare. It's a fibby. There's no way we can hem.
Speaker 3: Oh, I could churn out ten pocket squares.
Speaker 10: No no, no no.
Speaker 2: The live show in three weeks time we can give away Christian O'Connor pocket squares made by you.
Speaker 3: I'll make one live on stage.
Speaker 2: Hem away, my friend Gepato, head away, Maggie, thank you very much to call. It's got a ray here, come on in ray.
Speaker 14: Good more than everyone here.
Speaker 15: You doing.
Speaker 2: We're good, ray. What should we have to pay for? You know?
Speaker 14: Chooses me off. You go to a pub. Pubs are doing it now. Restaurants are doing it first, but now pubs are doing it right. You order a Porterhouse or a Scotch. It costs your forty marks. Yeah, Now do the mass that works out one hundred and sixty bucks at kilo at two hundred and fifty grams, and then you want gravy and it's two fifty extra. Mat talk about ripping your nut out of your sack. It's it's unbeloble.
Speaker 2: And then you should have to pay that comes with chips and beech.
Speaker 14: So you said, can I mentioned beach? Yeah, no worries five bucks extra? But where do you chips?
Speaker 2: Got so much mass? You got to do? You need to be having it out that rest. You need to calculators all up all.
Speaker 3: Of a sudden with the gravy and now the mass you've lost too.
Speaker 2: I'm going to lose the carriage. You've got to negotiate with your waiter or wait stuff.
Speaker 14: I know, I know, it's it's it's ridiculous, mate.
Speaker 2: You should have again, gravy you should have to pay that comes with the meal. You should have to pay it. A couple of bucks for gravy. Yep, yep, well talk about ripping that. We don't need to go any further. I have never heard that phrase, sir. That's another news. It's another slogan for me. Patsy House. You probably said it sometimes, isn't You.
Speaker 7: Never repeated though, A lady would never say.
Speaker 2: Have you heard that one?
Speaker 14: Yeah, you're a lady, Patty.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, that's why you ringing endorsement? All right, Ray, thank you very much. Now, Perry who works on the show, I think he was charged.
Speaker 3: He was kicking off about gravy as well.
Speaker 2: Has come to her today, just as one of the Mario brothers. So he's stuck in some kind of computer game there. One of the plumbers is doing. I'm on today's show. Perry. What's happened to grumpy Baby? You got charge for gravy over the weekend?
Speaker 16: Yeah, my wife and I went for Sunday rows at the pub and we've got a pitiful amount of gravy on our rows. So I asked for some additional gravy?
Speaker 2: And what is the pitiful amount? By the way, if you ever wondered what the male version of a counter is, it's our man Perry here, Perry, tell me describe how much? Is it a small lake? What would you say? A puddle? A puddle of gravy?
Speaker 16: It was a baby Chino size amount of grain.
Speaker 2: Everything is still dry by the time, out of my sack and sown. It's gravy. That's blood, you know it is.
Speaker 5: So what happened was it was not enough.
Speaker 16: I was expecting a boatsworth and went to pay and they charged three dollars for it.
Speaker 2: Is that is discussing what happened? Bad Google re you it's pending.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so producer Rio went round to Caitlyn, who works on the show's house on the front night. We obviously weren't invited. There was a little bit of a freeze out, A little bit of a freeze out. Cound would love to come around to Caitlyn. Tell you what, though, who ate very well Caitlyn's dog Henry. Now, if you want to see producer Kaitlyn wax lyric about anything, ask how that dog Henry? Seriously, you might as well say how are your baby tweets?
Speaker 3: I asked her actually one thing, if she could choose between the dog and her partner, and she said, the dog.
Speaker 2: This thing is a pampered pet rhea. What did you see this dog eating on Friday night?
Speaker 12: Well, she whipped us up for a few pizzas, which she did in about ten minutes, and then for her dog, we had a slow cooked beef and potato stew for starters.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? What an entree?
Speaker 5: An? It wasn't leftovers, it was something.
Speaker 2: Eat their own vomit. They don't need an entrey.
Speaker 5: She cooked it especially for Henry.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay out and John, and then she for.
Speaker 5: Manes he had a course of salmon.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with dry dog food?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 4: It's just not as good for them.
Speaker 2: I just would But that's not every day. Is that you're not cooking up a fresh thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I cook his food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, not every day. So I will cook up a batch of like meat for them and trickle it on their dry food. Yeah, I get that, but every day.
Speaker 4: So every Sunday I get out all of his in radients, which are dog friendly and all very balanced diet, and I will poop.
Speaker 2: And when you say his ingredients, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I cook a basically like a slow cooked rosotto for him, and then I.
Speaker 2: Do we all hear that rosotto?
Speaker 7: It takes about an hour, but it's like just.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I love my wife, but if there's a cooked home after half an hour, and like, there's no way an hour on a monkey rosotto.
Speaker 4: But it has its ten meals and it's really quite cheap. It's actually six dollars, so yeah, it's really easy. I just pop all the ingredients.
Speaker 2: Into tell you was cheap dry dog for it? And do you know what?
Speaker 11: They do?
Speaker 2: Eat all of that with no complaints, And the last three months they're not banging the world going. Where is the entree.
Speaker 3: I'd like to send this Backwater's been tough for my liking that I wish I ate like Henry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's bringing some leftover dog bowls, so Jack and I.
Speaker 3: I'm not joking.
Speaker 7: My partner, she she ate some of it the other night she goes.
Speaker 4: It's actually really quite nice.
Speaker 2: Because for an hour it'll be amazing. It's restaurants standing food for a small dog. Patsy, you're not doing I know you love your dog President.
Speaker 7: No, No, we don't know dry food. He gets three cups of dry food to night.
Speaker 2: That's three cups. Can't be endorsed.
Speaker 7: No, that's all.
Speaker 2: We got a shepherd dog. You do not allow to give him three cups.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we give one. The border collar gets one cup and then she gets to eat whatever my son's thrown.
Speaker 7: He's a massive dog. Presley is a massive dog.
Speaker 2: He comes like we do two cups, so one the morning for the shepherd right, one in the morning and then one eating three cups. That big beast.
Speaker 7: You know, that's all he has.
Speaker 2: How can we feed him at night time? By the way, doesn't even want to do with dump.
Speaker 17: But like to No, I think that's always been our routine. Like he sleeps outside. He doesn't sleep inside room in the house.
Speaker 2: That it needs take the chimney out. He is outside.
Speaker 5: Kids.
Speaker 3: Now, that's the other thing about Henry as well, is the world's smallest dog. And yet he's getting a two course.
Speaker 2: Meal every night and Maine. So what will he have tonight? Is at the resort again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll love the same. So it's the same all the time.
Speaker 2: And so what happens at the weekend to mix it up, it's Friday night. Let's get the weekend on Henry. Let's have any and some salmon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes we'll make him something a little bit different, like if we're having salmon, I might get a little off cut of my salmon too and give him some of that.
Speaker 2: He's not eating at the table, though, is he sometimes?
Speaker 7: What do you mean at the table?
Speaker 4: Well, so if we're eating dinner and he finishes his because it's so yummy, obviously he'll come and sit by us. And my partner is just a sucker to feed.
Speaker 7: She's European.
Speaker 2: I'm European. What's that mean to me?
Speaker 7: She loves to feed.
Speaker 4: She's like, you need to eat. And we had a lot of trouble when.
Speaker 2: He was on the way, mister Tucker.
Speaker 4: So not at the table though, well, every now and then he gets off cuts of the I fillerd or on a plate, not on We actually do feed him on.
Speaker 3: A plate, though, what like an actual proper It doesn't go back into the wash and mixing with your plates again it does.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: All right, you're mistaking dog for charl Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: So pampered pets. Anyone else listening to this going, that's not that bad? Wait, do you hear what I do? We need to hear about your side of it.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Earlier on this morning, we're talking about what shouldn't you have to pay for? Jackie boy was charged three dollars just a couple of slices of bread and an Italian restaurant. Christian, my wife and I went out to the Crown. After we finished eating. I looked at my bill. Notice women charged this is too much. Ten dollars for two glasses of tap water. No, come on, I mean the Crown. You're right, it's the era. Put a bucket in there. This is fresh from the Yarra locally sourced. That's that's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: That's why my parents, especially my dad, would double down on tap water when the waiter us sparkling or steal tap water from the tap tap please, we did not want to see it on the bill.
Speaker 2: Christian right about dogs eat their own poop. We're talking about Papa Pets right now. Four one four one four three. I was in my local vett yesterday and there was a sign saying one in four dogs are poop eaters. Why would that be oping that sign? Is that like part of the poop awareness campaign? All right, So we're talking about Papa Bets. We found out that producer Caitlin does entre a mains right dog, We'll cook an hour long slow cooked rosotto for her dog. Henry Greg, good morning.
Speaker 15: Good morning crew, hope you all well we are.
Speaker 2: Greg, thanks to you on the show.
Speaker 15: So Papa Pets, Yeah, I met this ship once and I went around for her place for dinner. I said, oh, I'm in for a bit of trophy because she was a chef. Boy tried and opened up the friger. It comes to scollops, the prawns and the sem off. Because I'm in at my sofa and I thought, oh, I'm in for a true was awesome. Persuaded to cut it up in the bayside chunks and flew it to the moggie and we got baked beans and bloody postings on to.
Speaker 2: Know your place? Greg? Is that why you're the ex now? You didn't live up to that high standard of the black cat?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Well I'm looking around and I'm thinking, well, hey, she she's she's not the one. Where's the door? Then that's a bit as long as it lasted. Mate, So I knew me place, and that was well below the dog and well below the cat. And I thought to herself, she hasn't heard of the food shoe.
Speaker 2: Clearly all right, Greg, thank you very much. She called us go to Matilda, good morning. How are you do you know anyone that named Matilda from now? Once she get free stuff, whether they walk into Matilda Matilda and trusbrate your pampered pet, my.
Speaker 10: Dog, Tia. She she's such a good girl, but she we When we first got her, we gave her a blanket and she'd sleep with it and she was so happy. But then it got worse. She started waking us up at nighttime so that we could come and reapply it for her. And at night time sometimes in winter it's like four times a night.
Speaker 12: What.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she comes and claws the end of the bed and if that doesn't wake.
Speaker 3: Us up, she growls and you've got to go tuck her in again.
Speaker 10: We have to tuck her in. Yeah, she's like a little dumpling in there.
Speaker 2: Image love it. I bet she does. Thank you very much, Matilda. Let's go to thanks for calling. Belinda. Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're good, Belinda. All right, So apparently when it comes to Pampa pets, there's people like you and Kate and so Blinda.
Speaker 10: How she is so normal?
Speaker 18: Yes, well, I've got I've got Coco and she will sit with us in a high chair while.
Speaker 19: We have dinner.
Speaker 2: Okay, she does not, Craik, it's Craig, you know who's sitting them. Babies and only babies. They're designed for babies, not cocoa. Cocoa on the phone.
Speaker 18: My eleven year old won't sit in the high chair anymore. So now it's cocoas no.
Speaker 2: Eleven year old. She's got no business being in a high chair.
Speaker 8: So now it's tacos.
Speaker 18: But she doesn't she doesn't eat food with us, but I will feed her from my plate because she looks at me, so she's like.
Speaker 2: She's your level. Then in that little high chair looking at you, and you'll just chuck a couple of scraps just on that little tray they've got there in the high chair.
Speaker 13: I don't chuck it at her, like she's not a dog Christian.
Speaker 2: It's obviously placed in front of her.
Speaker 13: No, I feed it to or off my fork.
Speaker 5: Oh no, oh no?
Speaker 3: And then these same forth back in your own.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, yep, my daughter that's sitting here as well, listening. She does exactly the same. She's like a little mini man. What Soko sleeps in my king size bed with us under the.
Speaker 2: No, come on, it's bad enough they're on the bed, but under the donner what not? What it's head on the pillow next to you.
Speaker 18: Oh no, she goes right under like she'll get in the like if my knees a bench, she'll sort of get in in there. If that makes sense in.
Speaker 2: Your world, it does.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I want to talk to Caitlin again.
Speaker 8: She's normal.
Speaker 2: Hut you two up. You can have a meet up and maybe get a date playdate with your dogs have seen that.
Speaker 18: You guys are just you guys are just weird.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we're as weird as anything. Not letting that dog get noseled up in there. You're quite right, that's okay, all right, thank you very.
Speaker 3: Much and go.
Speaker 1: Thanks Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, you're right, there is no point pampering dogs. No only does our dog eat poop, she actually watches the cat do its business and waits from the walk away before devouring fresh, steaming poop the oven that's from b Lean's.
Speaker 17: They ate everything, really laps do oh. They're like garbage disposed.
Speaker 2: Day strip is the cutest dogs.
Speaker 7: They're beautiful, but they eat everything.
Speaker 2: I've got a labrador lined up when my beloved German shepherd dog dies, I can now I'm putting that out there. Am I put down the posit a puppy?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 2: Win the billboards it's here. Yesterday we used all these billboards that were giving away at the moment, every single down the show live on the show. Within minutes, your message can go live to hunt millions of people all over Melbourne. Yesterday we turned all the boards of Melbourne that we have intermotionational messages for the Matilda's I'm hoping that Tony g the coach, is going to give us a little bit of a little bit of love today because the billboards worked.
Speaker 3: It worked a treat.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't see four goals. And then in the other game, suddenly your messages like Jackson and mordiallic on the Boulty Bridge. Do you dare waltz with the Matildas? Canada didn't Whitney eight and Violet five super fans and Matildas. That must have been amazing game for them last night. Do it for all the little Matildas and they did. Uh Matilda's miracle Monday, Let's conquer Canada. Caitlin in Brooklyn, David and Barrick got his message up on the Princess Free. We the Matildas will see your maple step and raise you a vegemite sandwich. And Pete and Glen Iris. It's all to Matildas. Let's bend those maple leaves on the tuller. So we're resetting all the billboards. Now the blank you can put your message up there. Luke wants one today, Christian. Anyway, we could have the billboards or some of them today Tuesday to send off some of the Frankston BMX club who heading to the World Championships in Glasgow, Scotland. These include Jules who's racing in the under fourteen girls, harl Sinclair who's racing in the under nine girls, Jason who's your kind of age, Christian he's in the fifty plus men. They do no, we're not veterans to masters go Jason Addison who's in the under eight boys, and Callum who's under an under nine boys. How excited for all heading out to the World BMX Championshi was good luck AUSTRALI got form of that in the World champs as well. All right, So look they're your billboards, so you can obviously do anything you want with them. You might today want to just thank somebody in your life or a local business, a teacher. It might be an apology that you need to share, a big public apology, a grand statement. It might be a public service. My suggest it might be something you want to send someone on a text message. You want to send it to all of Melbourne. These are your billboards and they're free right now. You want to do one?
Speaker 3: I would I would do a public service announcement. I mean I've already winched about it on the show, but it would say Italian restaurants bread should be complementary.
Speaker 2: The Romans didn't charge us. No, he does. Hang on it bread order in capitals, tractatorius. Listen up.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every morning, second week of it. We're giving you control of the billboards of Melbourne. You can have your message whatever you want up there within minutes. Use the power, well, Andrew, yep, anyhow we go on, Andrew, okay, win a billboard. What would you love it to say today? What would you love the billboards to say?
Speaker 6: Well, you just to take if my wife to like to go to privia with me tonight?
Speaker 2: All right, where do you go?
Speaker 6: Grape and Grain?
Speaker 2: I know that place on in Mardi, isn't it Mordi Aluk in Mardi?
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly? And I hear you've got an Appean billboard. It all work perfect, yes.
Speaker 2: Very nearby. Yeah, we do have a big sight up there. So what's the name of your wife?
Speaker 6: Amber?
Speaker 2: Okay, So what would you like it to say? Just the basic thing like, Amber, do you fancy trivia tonight at the Grape and Grain?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Perfect, domb we can give you the me as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, good idea.
Speaker 2: This guy's thinking, this guy's thinking, I need today listeners. Yeah, we can do that, Andrew. We'll make that one happen.
Speaker 6: Amazing legend. Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: So it's going to read Amber. Do you fancy trivia tonight at Grape and Grain love Andrew?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Perfect?
Speaker 2: And how would you normally sign off an affectionate message? Are you a one kiss kind of guy? Are you three?
Speaker 6: Just just the one?
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Yeah? Cool? All right, Andrew, we'll do that. Done. Enjoy the trivia night tonight. I hope you go. Thanks for Do you know what we should find out what is the toughest trivia right night in town? And then we should enter a team. Why didn't we get on on a trivia night taking part?
Speaker 3: What do you want to go all the way to the toughest. I don't think we'd do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we would. Oh no. When it comes to music, right, music, TV movies' the I'm the ace. Card Rio's got a double degree. I worry that you're the weekly, which is why you want to go. I was actually trying to make that's done the news for like you know, five hundred years. You know, she was there breaking Adrian's walls is completed, so all kind of topical stuff. She'd be great.
Speaker 3: I actually don't think I have a specialty.
Speaker 2: Well, you must have sports.
Speaker 3: Like Essendon from the nineties to now.
Speaker 2: Trivia nights where there's the Essendon Round, Oh, the Windy Hill Round guys into the Green Day Round. That should be okay, A punk trivia night is what we're looking for. Now, let's go to Luke here. Who is I guess? So you the you and change at the Frankston BMX club.
Speaker 20: I believe I'm not just one of the committee members and one of the riders down the club.
Speaker 6: They're Christian. So hey you doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Good on you. I love getting your emails. So you've got a lot of the team, couple of kids and also Jason the.
Speaker 6: Old times in Glasgow stuff.
Speaker 2: Sorry you're flying out today?
Speaker 20: Yeah, they are going to be flying out later on this afternoon, so they're going to be driving up either Depeening Highway or the Monash car Park. So it'd be great to get a sign in front of them and wish them the best over in glasgows to this year.
Speaker 2: That's amazing I noticed, don't know, three or four of the team are sort of mix of teenagers or under ten, so they could be the future Olympic stars of a couple of years time.
Speaker 20: Exactly right, that's right. So we tried to really look after the young riders and bring them up through the ranks through their ages and yeah, hopefully turn them into pro riders.
Speaker 2: And then what has we I see you got Jason who's in the fifty plus category.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 20: So Jason actually just started racing with us not too long ago and he's just fallen in love with.
Speaker 2: The sports so good.
Speaker 6: He's gone on to do.
Speaker 20: The Australian titles and he qualified to go to WORL so he's getting on the plane today as well, and off he goes.
Speaker 2: I love this. Okay, So what would you like the billboard to say?
Speaker 20: I think just something pretty simple, like to all the Frankston Shark Club members heading to Glasgow twenty twenty three, good luck or maybe their names or even just a you know, Franks and BMX club taking on the world in Glasgow twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: And then maybe put the world Frankston the world.
Speaker 20: Yeah, Frankston takes.
Speaker 2: On the world and what's the name of the club, the Sharks.
Speaker 20: The Frankton Sharks BMX club.
Speaker 2: That's right, okay, all right, we're welcome something and put it out for you this morning.
Speaker 20: Oh that sounds amazing. Thank you very much, guys.
Speaker 2: Good luck to the Frankston Sharks club. Go Sharks, cal a brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the question you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Of the last two weeks, goleth on his hair, get them behind the Matilda's every time they score a goal at the World Cup. You win a price quite a few goals last night, which means great news. So the next knockout round of the Women's World Cup right here in Australia, you also win not one, not two, but three four all these amazing prizes.
Speaker 3: Bosh cordless vacuum cleaners featuring smart sense of Control, easy clean system and triple filtration. You got the upholstery nozzle, You've got the crevice nozzle, you got the mattress nozzle, you got the four nozzle, and you got the shoulder strap. Christian back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: To put Australia in frand Church when they're builders store rock goal.
Speaker 3: You win some funky stuff misterna'condles.
Speaker 2: Goal of we love it when they score a goal.
Speaker 3: Win matil they store ruck goal win all stuffy.
Speaker 2: Yeah it actually in as the kitchen, bathroom and laundry experts got my friends on him yesterday. Rob's coming around this week to the plain how four D heat Works hurry into one of their nine showrooms today for massive savings. They will not be beaten on price. Give them a go, the good people, all right, So we've got four bosses to give away next week. Every goal looks hope they're can be taking on Denmark. The next game from them is a whole week away to recover now in Sydney. Every goal the Matilda's get next week.
Speaker 3: Will be a higher Sentina freestanding dishwasher featuring hygiene sanataizing wash, a thirty minute fast wash and a separate cutlery tray.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna speak to Rod today, maybe that every goal scorer as well gets one of those as well from the Matildas too. It's just an extra bonus for them, all right. So four of you four playing together in a team like the Matilda's yesterday, coming together to unite and smash the Canadian so we're gonna put four of you in a team. There is a question that one of you needs to answer. We're going to go around the team. If you think you know the answer, you answer it, you win all of you a bosh vacuum each. If you get it wrong, you all lose and we play again. We call this Parcel shoots.
Speaker 11: Pas So shoot it if you're feeling wise, pas shoot it for any nis price.
Speaker 2: Very good. Hats to Rio. An hour ago we didn't have this game. That's good bus, that's the Matilda spirit coming together. I need to hear this again.
Speaker 11: Pa So shoot it if you're feeling wise, pas So shoot it for any nis price.
Speaker 2: All right, We're going to put four of you together to play together, hopefully or lose together. Lines are open now.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Paul McCartney is coming to Melbourne's back got back to our Marvel Stadium this year Saturday, on top of the twenty first this Thursday, Frontier Touring dot Com. All right, so, because we are doing the goal of thanks to ns. Every time the great Matilda score, you win a prize. Four goals means four of you all win a prize, which is the he's got his own range of hoovers.
Speaker 3: You definitely know when Koshi the Bosh called this vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 2: All right, this is what we're doing. To put four of you in a team together. One question must be answered correctly by one of you. Now, if you don't think you know what the answer is, you can pass it on around the team. However, you can only pass it on three times around the team. Then one of you needs to take the shot and score.
Speaker 11: Paso shoot it if you're feeling was passo shoot it for any NS prize.
Speaker 2: So because we have obviously how to put all this together this morning, we didn't know they were going to win such a dramatic way. Four goals? Are we calling this parcel shoot? Parsil shoot, parcel shoot. That's a question we'll be asking once I answer what the question is. Three chances to pass, then someone has to shoot. If one of you gets it wrong, all of you get it wrong, you all lose. We find another four of you, so we all to understand the game. You said this out loud to myself as well.
Speaker 3: But if you shoot and score, you're wore of you with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the team wins. All loses together as one. All right, let's meet the team playing together. Aaron, good morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 19: How we are going?
Speaker 2: Oh we're good? Aaron. You're in the team. Are you a team player?
Speaker 9: Aaron?
Speaker 19: So, Christin, I'm actually a team leader, team leader of sales, have been for over five years, so in the education industry. So how nursing, age care, disability?
Speaker 2: You sell them all? Yeah, sell them all, mate, I'll sell other people going to buy five at the moment.
Speaker 3: You can be our captain there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aaron's first up. Okay, let's meet also then in the team joining Aaron is Mal Good morning, Mail, you're in the team.
Speaker 13: Hello, Christian, Jack and Patsy hey going And.
Speaker 2: I like the sound. Are you already? Mail? What do you do for a living?
Speaker 6: Mail?
Speaker 2: Are you a good team player?
Speaker 13: I am part of human resources, which is the people team, and I work with a lot of dead people at the moment in know cemetry. But it's much more interesting than that.
Speaker 3: You work in beach at a cemetery.
Speaker 13: I do, and it's actually beautiful. It's beautiful. So I work at Springvale Botanical Cemetery at the moment, but it's part of a greater network of cemeteries that we actually had nine cemeteries that are part of our organized they're.
Speaker 2: Looking after the welfare of all the people that look after the cemeteries where all are beloved.
Speaker 3: End up, that's right, and the families and so some parent companies buying up all the cemeteries of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Are they.
Speaker 13: There's there's actually a couple, and then there's there's some real cemetries.
Speaker 2: You know what they do for a housing one.
Speaker 3: They're trying to get a monopoly on dead people.
Speaker 2: It's the way the world, Jack, It's that Russian dolls. Everyone owns. Everybody owns a cemetery.
Speaker 13: Anyway, I need that vacuum cleaner. And I'm gonna whoop us.
Speaker 2: We got our vice captain hearing Mail. I love it, Mal all right, So we met Aaron, We met Mail. The team's coming together. Let's chuck another one in now. Brett Smith, good morning, Brett's.
Speaker 6: Good morning, boys.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that voice is a little bit crumbly. You're going to get this question right, Brett's Are you a team player? Buddy? Oh? Definitely, ten years on many teams. Sounds like you moved around, so I hate how you certainly have bonus all right, Brett, good luck. Let's go to our last team member here, Liz. Good morning, Lizzie, Good morning guys. How are you welcome to the team. Lizzie? What do you doing? You're a good team player? Oh?
Speaker 20: Absolutely, I followed them the children.
Speaker 18: I can't try and go and see most of their games wherever they play.
Speaker 2: Wasn't amazing last night?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 18: Can I say?
Speaker 13: These bones are buddy?
Speaker 2: There was a best It was incredible, incredible.
Speaker 14: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: They did really well, incredible scenes. All right, Liz, good luck, Welcome to the team. Okay, okay, okay, let's get to the drama. Are we ready to play? Pass or shoot? Are Let's go out first the captain, let's go. Okay, this is design so that you can't google it. Okay, we've made this cheap roofs you can't google it. Team. This is a national anthem. I'm going to play a bit of a national anthem. You've got to ansecretly which country in the world has this for a national anthem? Aaron? Do you pass or do you shoot? Do you think you know which country that is the national anthem of? If you get it wrong, you lose for mail, who really needs it? You lose it for Brett, you lose it for Liz. Do you think you know it?
Speaker 19: So I'm going to do the ladyship thing here and Brett Brett sounded like he was ready to go. So I'm gonna I'm gonna pass.
Speaker 2: I'm going to pass. Not just that you're nominating Brett's sing.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't think it's the leadership thing. Isn't a leadership thing to take the shot?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yeah, look I don't I don't want it.
Speaker 2: You are, okay, right, We're going to pass this on to the Vice captain. Let's go to mail here, Mel. This is a country's national anthem. Now you've got any.
Speaker 13: Idea very vague guess, But I don't want to guess because I think I'll be wrong because I think it's between one or two. I'm not one or the two.
Speaker 2: Before you pick, which are the two?
Speaker 13: New Zealand and Canada?
Speaker 2: Have you got any other options? Is all I'm saying.
Speaker 13: That's why I'm going to pass.
Speaker 2: Okay, it now goes to Gravelly voice Brett. This is a national anthem, Brett nosh, So far to missus? Brett? Are you going to or are you gonna have a go and answer and shoot.
Speaker 21: Oh, I think our leader's like Napoleon's and up on the hills in the troops, am I A yeah, definitely. Look, I don't I know it's not New Zealand. I don't know if it's Canada or not, because he just says, try something else. I think it's European, but like, yeah, I've got no I think like Switzerland or.
Speaker 2: Switzerland or something like that.
Speaker 6: But I've got no idea.
Speaker 21: So been like my three year old two predecessors, and pass on to our strongest leg, which is our strong strongest players.
Speaker 2: To Lizzie, Lizzie, lizz Lizzy, this is it. My friend is down to Liz.
Speaker 18: Oh my, I'm gonna have to take the shot, aren't I?
Speaker 2: You are Let me play it again. Okay, this is a national anthem of a country, but what is the country? Get it right? You win boshes for the team lightweight Aaron, now Brett and yourself. Get it wrong, Noah wins. You will go home empty handed.
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 3: Should we give it extra clue? Okay, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Viking?
Speaker 3: I Viking?
Speaker 2: Where are they from?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: No, I feel like I.
Speaker 18: Can I have the first letter of the last letter.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll give you you're the first letter.
Speaker 2: D I did that precious shot, pressures shot, she takes it, she shoes the Scots. Well done, Lizzie, you've won you Brett? Now am I a captain?
Speaker 19: Aaron?
Speaker 2: Well done? Well done, Lizzie. It's demn Mark and we should be playing next Monday night. Amazing Danish and Honige. There won it for you now really Brett? Now Aaron, they should be chearing you off the pitch. Triumphant scenes. Well done Liz Brett. Now Aaron, she won you a bosh bear gotcha is Yeah? He's back on the pitch. Is he now winner's medal?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: True leader. Well done everyone.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: We love getting your stories and the calls every day. You can also send us an email to part of the show, which we'd love. We'd call it late to the Party, Late, all right, Late to the party. Great email from Jen Yesterday on the show, we're asking you, are you someone who is doing the job that you dreamt off doing when you were a kid. It doesn't mean you went straight into it, but sometimes with zig and zag in life, there's no real straight path. Christian growing up, always knew I wanted to work in food and cook I always had jobs that danced around the edges of it. Daly assistant, seafood shure, seafood shops, selling cook I was always around it. After raising a family, and at the age of forty three, I started training again as an apprentice chef. Back to school, long hours, lots of late nights, working weekends, not much money. I haven't regretted it. At the age of forty nine, now I've just become a hatted chef. Congratulations, that is nice inspirational story. Jen, Jenny Gordon snow where you had to shove off? And now Christian, at the age of fifty one, I'm in charge of my own kitchen. Never say never, Jenny. Please, Jenny Gordon, well done. Please let us know where your place is. We're talk on the show recently about bad place to have a hangover. Christian had a hangover in Balley to kill a dog next day. Elephant riding in ubud, hot, sticky weather, elephants pooping in the water hole? Are the elephants swimming in it? Ever tried throwing up whilst riding an elephant? Not much fun at all? Now maccine. You got me on that one day.
Speaker 3: It's on the buck at least not yet.
Speaker 2: Christian, many years ago, a bad place to hang a hangover. We flew to England for the first time, long flight. We were saying goodbye to friends and not before had one of those unintentional late nights. Suddenly it's an early flight, hungover, and not only do we have to fly for twenty odd hours, our seats face the back of the plane. I've done that before, on a fourteen hour flight where you're not facing.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that before.
Speaker 2: My god, it's terrible. Were you're not facing like the everybody else you're going the other way. I don't know. It does something to your insize. I can't imagine that way. Christian impression our stomachs. As we took off again to work its magic once airborne seat belts came off a little bit better, then came out the mail. It was too much. I felt very sorry for the couple we were facing. It wasn't pretty. We never spoke, Christian. You were talking to the show about how did you meet your mate? Christian? My story is one of beauty and pain, but nonetheless beautiful. This is a really tender story actually from Chrissy. My partner brought us tickets to go sky sky diving together. Unfortunately they passed away before we were able to go. In my pain, I decided to sell the tickets. The woman that ended up buying them from me heard about it all and said, look, I'll buy them off you, but you have to come with me. This is amazing when someone does that to somebody else. So I thought why not, and I went along with her. We jumped out the plane together and we have remained best friends ever since. I'm so very thankful for her. See the instructor also took Will Smith up, the Hollywood actor, so essentially I've sat in the same lap as Will Smith. Christy. I'm not sure it's not that, but that is a beautiful story, really really lovely. Thank you very much Christy for sharing that. Your emails as well. We love getting them. Is Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com. Today you Laatela Party.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today is National Bargain Hunter Day. That's every day with Patsy.
Speaker 7: I was going to say three sixty five haven'ty days in you? Three sixty five winning it life when I get something half product?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you like to shop on once you go to science patsy?
Speaker 7: Shit, No not so much. No, I haven't. No, they're not good with returns. I find I love a bit of haberdashery or you know, kitchen stuff.
Speaker 2: What do we think this country's top five most popular impulse purchases of this year an impulse? Then we go, that's it. I'm going to get one treadmill. You ain't taking that home when people wake up and.
Speaker 3: They all right, I'm going to get in shape, I'll buy a treadmill.
Speaker 7: You know what I think it is? Is it cars?
Speaker 17: Because you know, usually when you buy a car, you don't go out to buy she wanted to and then it's like, oh, I've just brought him new truck.
Speaker 2: We know what an impulse is?
Speaker 3: House all right?
Speaker 2: Top five and number five a massare scout scratcher.
Speaker 3: Okay, we won't going to get stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I don't even own one of these four phone games. And number three portable smoothie makers.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 2: Just a smoothie maker, isn't it?
Speaker 5: I mean, are they all pat.
Speaker 2: We got one? I think it's used about three times a year when you go she's in January. It's not making smoothies every day before we go to work. Raspberries, number two, chocolate bars and number one sneakers and shoes nowhere near your treadmill's houses, all right, So we're looking for your shopping songs today on the Time was shopping songs seven eleven Nation Army, Silver, mon out of Love, I'm mold? Is she really going out?
Speaker 3: With H and M gold?
Speaker 2: My Camart will go on one for Patsy one, but Camart will go on silver plus and if you have every parent's nightmare stuck in the smiggle with you, that's really good. Ah right, Jackie boy, what have you got shopping songs? Cotton on Joe, Oh, that's very good, Primo gold plus.
Speaker 3: You and me Baby ain't nothing but zemmls.
Speaker 2: Had two golds.
Speaker 3: Hit me JB one more time Silver and Baby it's coals outside.
Speaker 2: That's a gold as well.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast on.
Speaker 2: The Time Waster Western Show off to see the Human League Live, Maya Sharona Gold. Jackie, well done. It's a safe way to the top if you want to rock and roll Silver, Don't want to miss a Binglee Silver Plas Shopping on the dock of the Bay, Silver, Total Eclipse of the Kmarts, Gold, Achy Breaky Kmart, Gold Mark Targetting you out of My Head Gold, Bud Undie, Janey's Got a rod and Gun, Oh New Zealand Brain, Gentlemen's Outfitter Gold, Typo Killer Silver, Me and David Jones Gold, Cindy Wilder, It's maya Life Silver. When I think about you, I touched my shell Silver, Safe Way to Heaven Bronze, Pay Jude Gold. That's very good, Chris, that's very good. Paid Jude. We found Love in Aisle two, We Found in Love and ro I trying to have you up today. Prince nineteen ninety nine, nineteen dollars Gold, Nick take about very good Worldwild Westfield, Silva good gollye. My trolley's pulllling over to the l ones What a Marcus and sitting on the dock of eBay.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, some very good ones, sir, But who is best in show?
Speaker 3: Love Jane's got a Roden Gun, Well done, Carl a brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christian o'crl's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's show today. If you're driving around Melbourne today, look out for the billboards we gave away week two and win a billboard every morning this week on the show, we're giving you control of the boards of Melbourne at the moment. Then on the Bolty, the Monash Princess Freeway and the Tullermarine Freeway, you'll see good luck to the Frankston Sharks, BMX cub taking on the world in Glasgow twenty twenty three go Jules, Harlot, Callum, Anderson and Jason all flying out today. Good luck to them all. And then on the Pean Highway, a simple request from husband Andrew to his wife the fantasy. He's doing a trivia night tonight at the Grape and Grain. The question is Amber, Oh, there's a big sight that one has rot on than the pin. Amber. Do you fancy tributa tonight at the Grape and Grain? Love Andrew one single? Kiss more billboards tomorrow on the show. You can email me today Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Now, Jackie boy, you came across this asking everyone the favor Ossie Annal sounds yes.
Speaker 3: The ABC is polling people for Science Week National Science Week their favorite Australian sounds. So you've got people voting for frogs, cockatoos, liar, boom.
Speaker 2: Honey, that's kala?
Speaker 5: What doing that sounded like?
Speaker 2: Another one to warn us before we do this to listeners watching another one that's not that's a that's a pig. Now that is not a koala.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to poll people tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna which Australian animal is this?
Speaker 3: Guys, that's a bird.
Speaker 2: It's a possum. I've never heard. We hear them scurring around on the roof and the crawl spaces, but not that's Jurassic parts.
Speaker 3: That's the velociraptors.
Speaker 2: Where are you catching these sounds from? This is a koala one. They haven't got the energy to make such a noise. They're barely alive, those little things. Stoned out their minds with climb media.
Speaker 7: This is a boss.
Speaker 2: All made up? What is this that's hugging in that cubicle some mornings he's doing at home before coming in is an Oh well, all right, so tomorrow on the show, we just said we're going to go broader than that. What do you think are the iconic definitive sounds of Australia.
Speaker 3: It doesn't just have to be animals. All start by saying snags on a barbie.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wow, looks up between the Jones rocks up. I never thought anyone would say that. Oh yeah, I'm gonna say this, just a humble koala.
Speaker 5: You know what it is for me?
Speaker 7: Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 2: Cousins, what's the ice cream? Sorry? I feel sorry.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: Got cha, gotcha, gotcha? Oh my god, guys, possum's on the roof. All right, So what do you think are the sounds of Australia? Get in the early email US today Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and once more, well done, Matilda's We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast