Speaker 1: People do some weird shit. Television legend Carrie Anne Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pippot Whoops. Some things that make more sense than others bring.
Speaker 2: Pikes, nurseries, Mercury Pikes, p y k e Sky, Why I Hey, as in kill Hey, why okay?
Speaker 3: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adultsthood.
Speaker 4: Why is your life so expensive? I'm not even having a good child.
Speaker 1: This is just a couple of mitches, what about me?
Speaker 4: Don't forget.
Speaker 1: He is Mitui and eighty three crack man Ill.
Speaker 4: Mitchell cou Heello. Guys, welcome to the show. And Mitch, how you feel in this week after your behavior last week?
Speaker 1: I'm in a good mood. I had so many messages of praise after my my snapping on the last week's show. I don't know why people loved it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is something fascinating about us switching roles. You being the cranky one for once, But thank god you're not cranky this week. I don't have it in me to try and be the nice one. I had my bloody fires a jab yesterday and I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: Oh you got done. Yeah, how you feel?
Speaker 4: It's almost like a hangover feeling. So I'm not saying I'm in a bad mood, but I definitely can't be trying to be the nice one, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Now I do that every week. It's exhausting trying to be nice, as I just ended up snapping. Also, praise keeper Genero is here, Jenny. You're sort of neutral ground.
Speaker 4: You can go either way to yes, either way, you know how it is. Yeah, she's either horrifically pleasant or a fucking cow.
Speaker 5: I think I'm in the middle.
Speaker 1: Oh, really changed?
Speaker 5: Okay, bit tired?
Speaker 1: Binge Mitchell, how do you feel after fires? A look at Jennery? It's got like a liter of water with lime in it.
Speaker 4: Good boy, I'm pretty sure you already answered that question. How I'm feeling? So yeah, thanks you, Jenny. I thought I was going insane.
Speaker 1: There could have been a story from the vax hub. Someone might have spotted.
Speaker 4: You the dancing singing boy from Dictor.
Speaker 1: I don't know none of that.
Speaker 4: Bit of a sore arm, feeling, a bit lethargic.
Speaker 1: Not a good story, no, okay, one that we didn't dwell on it to start with.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you digging though, No, that's fine, but it's.
Speaker 5: Very important and great that you got it and we all got it.
Speaker 1: We're all VAXs. Yes, look at us. Go so I'm double vax. I am better than all of you for a couple of year weeks. Listen, there's a great show today. There's a lot happening. You guys know Keenan Lonsdale from Love Simon. I don't really know what else is from Academy Academy.
Speaker 4: Yes, so he's going to be joining us in a bit. I hope you've done some reason.
Speaker 1: I know what he's on and I know what he's out. He's got a brand new song aut Rhythm and Music. Have a listened. It's very nice, isn't that hot?
Speaker 4: So with one of those man of many talents types. He does movies and ship that's where I know him from. But now he's got the music out to.
Speaker 1: Yep, triple threat. He can do it all. In the music video for Rhythm and Music is very nice. He's also in a new Stam mini series I think called Eden, and he's got this big breakout role. So he's from Saint Mary's here in Sydney. Like he is a real true bonafide like success story.
Speaker 4: I know he's the Western Sydney boy. I had no.
Speaker 1: Idea love him. So he'll be on late, he'll be zooming through.
Speaker 4: And he's a bit of a queer as well, right, he's one of us.
Speaker 1: Bit Oh my god, he's a big queer and I love it. But I know he's battled with it, Like he's definitely gone like had had some issues. I mean, coming from Saint Mary's mean in the West, anyone would. So he's definitely battled with it. But I think he's in a good spot. So we'll ask him all about it when he's on later in the Shark.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't imagine Saint Mary's. I mean, I could be completely stereotyping here. Saint Mary's could be a lovely place to be a mo.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever been to Saint mary Where is Saint Mary's?
Speaker 4: Oh, diet rush off? Really, I swear to god, Saint Mary's. An Indian restaurant in Saint Mary's is what gave me Crone's disease.
Speaker 1: Oh God, is that true?
Speaker 4: Well? I never recovered. Like that place is just skewing a bit dodge, okay, Like nothing against the people there. But the actual main town center of Saint Mary's is nothing flash.
Speaker 1: Aren't you born with his crimes or did you develop it?
Speaker 4: Well? Maybe it was always lingering there, but it was certainly the fucking prawn binderloo from Saint Mary's Indian restaurant that really set it off. Really, That's so I wasn't the same after that.
Speaker 1: Okay, now what else is happening today?
Speaker 5: But you were talking about the cathedral.
Speaker 1: St Mary's, the CD where Rose McManus was married.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jenna, it's like, oh that's Saint Mary's. No, No, I never. I don't go west. No, no, No, Mary's Cathedral. I was baptized there.
Speaker 5: They've got a cool pool.
Speaker 4: Next, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Keenan lonsdalely hits star from Love Simon is from Saint Mary's. Does he live in the rafters of the church maybe behind? He's a homeless man. I found him on my walk and he got scouted. Mary's disgusting. It's full of pigeons and it's near that pool. You're right, the pool is cool. He's not from there, He's from Sydney's West. And I'll be on with this later. Also, why on earth Mitchell, have I gone to pick up a saxophone today? Can you answer me that?
Speaker 4: You know why? Because you made the claim on your other podcast with your boyfriend that oh, hand me a sax and I'll be able to play it. So I'm like, well, I'm going to hold you to that. I know that you played it in high school. We'll see if you've still got the skills.
Speaker 1: Here we have an alto Saxon Studio General. I had to go and pick it up.
Speaker 5: I was wondering what this big box will.
Speaker 1: And we'll be playing it. I'll be playing it later on. He did give me multiple reads, So you guys got.
Speaker 4: I did organize the saxophone. I spoke to the guys. Mike nice.
Speaker 1: Did you tell him? I said, Hi, No, the problem was see Mike was very nice. But it took me about twenty minutes to find Mike because, as luck would have it, next door to the saxophone store is a music store completely run by separate people. So Mitch sends me the address. Yeah, I'll pick it up. I'll pick it up. So I pull in behind like the street away. I walk up and like I'm em buzzing them. I see music store I'm like, great, this is where I'm getting my saxophone a fucking course. And I buzz the door and I go, hi, I'm here to pick up a saxophone under the name. And he was like, no, no, no, no saxophones here. We only do guitars and drums and piccolos. And I'm like, no, how unfortunate that they're right next door. That must happen all the time. You mean the saxophone store on the corner. I'm like, there's a dedicated saxophone store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sydney Band Instruments in Gladesville. So they were happy to lend us a saxophone. I told him all about what's going to be happening. I'm going to be seeing if you can play it on the spot. So we'll do that later after we've had keenan on.
Speaker 1: Okay, great. It's a beautiful store, by the way, Like, shout out to those guys. That story is stunning, Like there is just saxophones hanging on the wall, very sexy, COVID safe check in. So yeah, shout out Sydney Bend Instrum.
Speaker 4: So I ask again, did you tell Mike? I said hello, I said specifically I've been chatting on an email, but I wanted you to tell him. I said hello.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a laugh. He was like, Mitch, Mitch had to pick up a saxophone, ordered under meat, but you might know another bitch. And we laughed, and then he said it's funny every time he Isn't it funny? His name is Mike. I know ad a saxophone. My assistant clarinet will get your saxophone. But you can call it clary hate Trumbard boys here, Yeah, Mitch, what about flute flutes? Yeah? Anyway, great store. Let's get started. The first time, we.
Speaker 4: Were saying great show. On the way.
Speaker 1: We we start the show the same way every week with two Is it just me? As we call them ims? Something we've noticed something we hate last week, a lot of hatred or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine, I don't know mitches and we jump in at the start of every show. Mitch, do you want to go first? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure, why not, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's jump in first of the week. Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Was there nothing played at your twenty first?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, no, we have had a fully catered event, We had photographers.
Speaker 4: No, we have Okay, shut up. That wasn't an invitation to quote about your rich family in the Shire.
Speaker 1: We're talking about me.
Speaker 4: No, I said, has anyone played things at your twenty first? You know how? That was always the threat whenever there was something embarrassing that you did, someone got a photo or video. I'm gonna play that at your twenty first.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my mum loves to throw around. We'll play that at your twenty first. Mom, now does it in past tense because all her kids are older than twenty one? Oh, we should have played that at your twenty first.
Speaker 4: Did anything get played at any twenty first?
Speaker 1: No? Nothing was played at my twenty first or the mom had like a photo real we had photos, but never a funny wacky video.
Speaker 5: And I didn't even have a twenty first.
Speaker 4: But throughout my childhood, why didn't you have a twenty first? No one organized We original twenty first was during the eighteen seventy So what do you mean no one organized that. You're an adult, you organize it yourself.
Speaker 6: Yes, I know, but I would have only invited like six people and it would have been quite sad.
Speaker 4: That's better than zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have been there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I preferred.
Speaker 1: Zero, so you had zero.
Speaker 4: My eighteenth was in the shearing shed back at home, very glamorous. We had to clear out all the sheep shit and like the lannel and oil that I'm off into the floorboards from the wool. Oh, my friends loved it.
Speaker 1: Nothing hotter than getting fingered in a sheep pit. What's it called again, the sheep.
Speaker 4: Shearing shit, sheep shearing shed, the shearing shed, it's where you give the sheep haircuts, city boy. And there was no fingering happening at my eighteenth. I'll give you the tip. I didn't even drink. That was in my pure phase when I was adamant. Oh, no, I'm not going to drink, you know. When I'm an adult. It's so unnecessary. You don't need alcohol to have fun.
Speaker 1: That eighteen year old You would be so disappointed in twenty twenty one version of you.
Speaker 4: Eh, I didn't start drinking till I was like nineteen or twenty. Really, I never looked back.
Speaker 1: No, I never looked back. I remem my eighteenth, my friend Matilda. I probably wouldn't out of it. Matilda had sex with someone in my bathroom. So I've come to learn at my eighteenth. My eighteenth was horny.
Speaker 4: Wow, I guess I just wasn't friends with skanks.
Speaker 1: Well that has changed, Jenna, Oh.
Speaker 4: My word, not looking at anyone of gender?
Speaker 1: What do you what embarras seeing thing? Would you like be terrified of being included if someone were to make a video?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: What would you what haunts you? Is there something out there that you think, Oh my god, someone somewhere has that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like to the point where I'm not even going to tell you because I'm pretty sure it's still on YouTube. As you know, I'm a video creator, and you know that stemmed from childhood. I was always making home videos, filming other people, and at some point everyone got the shits of me filming them. That's going to have to start filming myself. But there were many cringe like home movies where like we were trying to act and share.
Speaker 5: Have I seen any of these?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Nah, you wouldn't have seen them. Jenna, shut your mouth right, Jenna, open the computer. No, do not, don't listen to him?
Speaker 1: No, really that bad?
Speaker 4: Yes, And I can't figure out the pathword to the old YouTube channel they were uploaded to. It's so bad. Some of them. I had to actually email YouTube pretending to be my mother, saying that I was distraught and being bullied over the videos. So some of them are gone, but a lot of them are still there. Don't you What are you fucking doing it on your phone? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Nothing? Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing at all?
Speaker 4: Don't today. I'm going to be lending my skills as the natural hard working hand.
Speaker 1: That's your first video.
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't an old cringe one though, that was on my channel. That's one of my launch videos.
Speaker 1: Oh so there's a secret. Oh I'm not on the I'm on the wrong account.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm talking when I was maybe ten years old, maybe even younger. But anyway, enough about me. What about Humtch? Is there any embarrassing videos of you still out there?
Speaker 1: I'm terrified? And this is public, This isn't the public. Got domain only because I wanted to keep the domain. I have a website called witch Mitch and which I paid twenty dollars a year for the fucking domain, and.
Speaker 4: I became a segment of ours as well. I know which, Mitch. What the hell? What what did you write on your blog?
Speaker 1: It was for a UNI assignment that I got such good marks for when in the one semester that I went to UNI that I kept and I journaled like I wrote articles and they were horrific and so poorly written and so grammatically and gread.
Speaker 4: Are they still there or not? Jenna, good girl, I can see you.
Speaker 1: I tried to delete because I remember I got an email saying do you want to renew this domain? And that's the only time every year that I'm reminded of it. Oh?
Speaker 9: No, Jenna, is it it's described as eighteen? Oh I was eighteen druggling actor, possible radio presenter and definite pole dancer.
Speaker 5: Funny, my posts are real and they are juicy.
Speaker 1: Right, Jenna Shuttle laptop please? I told you I was worried about it for a reason. It's not good.
Speaker 4: He gave us the domain, Dylan you asked for that.
Speaker 1: That's embarrassing that Mitchell and Lemonade with Mitchen page, which I have successful little successfully removed from every living streaming service.
Speaker 4: Oh your old podcast? Is that not out there anymore?
Speaker 1: I got rid of it. I was just worried that I said something dumb. I say dumb shit on this podcast and I'm twenty five, let alone. I can't imagine what I would have said when I was twenty with a podcast. No way.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe they'll play it your twenty first.
Speaker 1: But why do we stop saying that might play at your third? Why do we draw the line at twenty one?
Speaker 4: No, no one makes such the threats anymore. I post embarrassing shit myself. I've got nothing to hide.
Speaker 1: I might say it to my grandma to keeper up at night. You keep behaving like this, and I'll find it sneaky video of yours to play your ninety You know what he means at your funeral.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that funeral.
Speaker 1: Jok. Let's move on, Ready for my agent?
Speaker 4: Yeah, please, let's go.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Is this the worst ad you have ever heard? Volume up, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 8: Jesus is our only open for a free Bible. Contact Jesus one dot for you at big on dot com. One free Bible per person.
Speaker 1: This was an actual ad that aired on actual television, and the best part was that it was just a blue screen with comic sense.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I am so glad we're finally talking about this because you sent it to me the moment it happened. This ad, it was just like plain text on a screen. It was the most basic, cheap looking ass And you say that it's the worst ad that ever exists. I got to tell you, I disagree. I thought it was so simple and effective and there was no sensory overload. It got the message across. It was this text on screen, some clown talking over silent night. I got the message.
Speaker 1: I wanted me free Bible, Jenna, Mitch, and I did reach out. Look what I've got with you?
Speaker 4: No you didn't, I got mine. Wait, so they actually comes to go get mine?
Speaker 1: Hold on, go get yours, Mitchell.
Speaker 5: So they actually sent you a Bible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen to this ready. Oh this is a full fick Bible.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We just emailed Big Pond or whatever it was, and after the Bible and here they are, Mitchell.
Speaker 1: So it'd be interesting to see if we got exactly the same thing. I got Holy Bible in giant PRINTO.
Speaker 4: There's heats of shit in here. Yeah, oh god, yeah, oh there's not just a Bible. Oh I forgot how thin the paper is on bibles. So yeah, these guys weren't pissing around. They paid for their TV AD and they've sold at least two were not sold. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Just keep in mind that it was in the middle of daytime television, so Sarah Harris would have gone, all right, dude, he's coming to us from a farm interal after this good morning, it's studio tech.
Speaker 4: And it would have been bookended by two other ads with like quite high production value. And then this scabby piece of shit that looks like a poster that someone's made for a school fates up in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yep, this Jesus is.
Speaker 8: Our only hope for a free Bible. Contact Jesus one dot for you at big on dot.
Speaker 1: Com, one dot for you.
Speaker 8: That's one free Bible per person.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's straight to the point.
Speaker 1: It straight to the watch. I means you think that's a good ad, do you?
Speaker 4: Well? It's Seriously, it was more engaging than anything else I've seen recently because you can't help but watch it. It's just so simple and plain, and it just yeah, it worked for me because here we are, we've got Bibles. I wonder if they would have willingly sent you the Bible if they knew that you were living in sin having pre marital sex with a man.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I doubt it. Look at it, but no.
Speaker 4: I seriously think less is more like that was very simple and effective.
Speaker 1: Well, I got some guitar music, which means you did point out, is just silent night whittled down to a slow guitar strum, which is very weird.
Speaker 4: Listen, what if I don't know if you could tell in the ad that's it's definitely a Christmas carol in September.
Speaker 1: Let me listen, hold on, let me play it one more time. Jesus is our only hope, Oh my God.
Speaker 8: For a free Bible, contact Jesus one dot for you at big dot com.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, Mitch, it's very random, like it's free bibles. They paid for ad space, so it's literally not for profit. Why did they do that?
Speaker 1: He's paying for this the Christian Church and they can't even.
Speaker 4: Afford a proper email address. They're using fucking big Pond, but they're sending out shitloads of Bibles. It's very weird.
Speaker 1: They're not paying for their own domain. But like you said, it worked. We got two free bibles. We had a couple other friends send it to us, going, oh my god, have you seen this?
Speaker 4: So what do you got this music for? Is this headed in the direction I think it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I got the music. I just thought, what if other brands decided to take the lessons more approach and advertise the same way they should that the free Bible company, whoever the fuck it is because we don't know because they didn't tell us, has advertised they've.
Speaker 4: Got their mobile here on the return to send it section. Do you want to call them?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we could call.
Speaker 4: Yes, well I better not read it out. Oh yeah, I'll send it to you.
Speaker 1: Send it to me? Does have a name? No?
Speaker 4: Sorry, this is totally derailing what we were about to do. I'm getting you're about to do your own ads, but I just thought the number on my home. Want to know who these clowns are?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: What did the evil laugh?
Speaker 7: Ted White? Good morning, alfnoon?
Speaker 1: Ted? How are you mate?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 1: Hey? Listen, I saw your ad on Telly and you sent me a You sent me and my friend a Bible. I got one?
Speaker 7: Okay, who am I speaking to?
Speaker 1: My name is Mitchell.
Speaker 4: I'm here too. You've actually got two Mitchell's chatting to you right now. I wanted to ask you what is this for?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: This is a not for profit they're free bibles, but you're paying for ads, So, like, who is this for?
Speaker 7: This is basically for anybody in Australia who wants to get to know God a bit better. Simple as that.
Speaker 4: It's paying for all the bloody Bibles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where do you get the Bibles from?
Speaker 7: We buy them in bulk. We buy five hundred at a time. There's a group of us. There's eight of us in the group. We're all retired pensioners. Ah and if we can do good for just one person in Australia, we've achieved our double right, So I love.
Speaker 1: Lastly, how many Bibles did you end up sending out? Because I got one, the other Mitch got one? Like, is this a good return on the ad?
Speaker 7: We spend roughly about one hundred thousand a year on TV and stuff. What and today we've given out over fifteen hundred Bibles?
Speaker 1: Oh my?
Speaker 4: Why did that cost you that much? When the ad and I say this with all due respect, is not exactly high production value. Why does it cost that much?
Speaker 7: Well, you're paying roughly between depending on your time slot. Okay, that's how television works all the time. So if I put on ads, say from eleven at night to one in the morning, I can get them for about eighty dollars for fifteen second ads. Good for that much if I'm putting them on peak time, big time, we're paying anywhere from two hundred and eighty five to four hundred and fifty bucks. Oh well first in seconds, and it's into denominational Yes, yes, even if an atheist wants one, will send him one.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about everyone, even even the even homosexuals.
Speaker 7: Mate, We see people as people. God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but to save it. So if somebody who's transgender or gay or whatever you call them, we'll send them a Bible, simple as that.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Well, it's great to chat to you and keep doing the Lord's work. I guess, as they say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what we're here for. Mate, the two mitches, bless you both.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: Right back at you, Bob, take care of you.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, good bye, goodbye.
Speaker 4: Oh he was actually lovely anyway. You were planning to take the piece out of them, weren't you. I bet you feel like a piece of shit now.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no. I wasn't mocking them. I think they're very nice and very lovely. I was well thinking about the ad. The ad is so effective. We just heard a live reading of it. I actually think religion aside companies could take this one. Imagine a neurophan ad. Oh jeez, here we go, Neurapan sore head, maybe an elbow white tablets available in all chemists, six pack, twelve pack Neuropan available at all reputable retailers. See, I'd buy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like usually they've got some people like some mum clutching her back going oh that hurts, and then they're like buy a europhone. It's like no, strip it back, make it more. Even then you ran overtime too many words? Really, they're only paying for fifteen seconds slots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, give me another brand and I'll work out an ad for them.
Speaker 4: What about like existing ads? Like you're just dumbing it down right right right, you do one. I'm going to find one.
Speaker 1: Well that that crim safe ad is really famous, not if it's not crim safe, but yeah, so they'd just be don't get robbed, bad people are out there. Crim safe your windows. If it's not crimsafe, it's not crimsafe. Dot com dot au simple. That's so effected, so effective.
Speaker 4: You guys, I just found this one. Do you remember this ad. Can you hear it?
Speaker 1: My mom kissed me my, Yeah, and my mom gave me Mark.
Speaker 4: Got the grandma, the mum and the daughter skipping. Yeah, and my mom gave me my.
Speaker 1: Too much.
Speaker 4: Down?
Speaker 1: So what's your pitch?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: Give me the music. I'll tell you. Okay, Milo is the answer if three generation of women and your family fancies skipping in tandem, Milo is your only hope. Oh, email Milo at.
Speaker 1: I've got one. You know, not happy Jan?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, this would just be Yeah, all this would be is lady with head out window yelling she's not happy with Jan. Get a Yellow Pages, yellow Pages at Big Pond dot com.
Speaker 4: Even then, dumb it down further. It's like book an ad in yellow Pages, or your boss will be pissed off.
Speaker 1: Oh really pulled back?
Speaker 4: Wait? What about this one? Ready? Do you remember this? Hod on? It's loading my fucking internet. Sorry you're fun anyways, just loaded. I'll shut my mouth. Remember this ad Natural Confectioneries, the natural confectionery company, Jellies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't shop the dinosaur d.
Speaker 4: Don't up the disa yep, that one. Chop it.
Speaker 1: Dumb it down all right, I'll give you the guitar music.
Speaker 4: Snakes are your only hope. If your bratty, irrational, infant daughter is getting hysterical at the thought of you decapitating an nanimate dinosaur. Email Natural Confectionery at Dodo dot nem to your free sample.
Speaker 1: I'm solid, and.
Speaker 4: Then you'd have one of those. You'd have one of those terms and conditions, fast speaking voices. At the end, lobies may get rotten afforded the mail.
Speaker 1: You're listening to.
Speaker 3: Is it just me who doesn't love some free shit?
Speaker 1: All you have to do is leave a review, all right, reviews time. Every week we read out a couple of reviews that you've left us on Apple, podcasts, on Facebook only the five star one. Oh, we know what happens anything other than five stars. I'm looking at you, Tarlie. I'm looking at your gravestone after what happened last week.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, did you guys see that she updated her review because you literally flipped it. You smashed her prize last week because she only left us two stars, but she's gone out of her way to update it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said, I swear to God if this goes back to two instead of five, I will cry. Well. No, need to it. Even though we just mentioned you don't get another fucking mugged.
Speaker 4: Price Keep Jenna. Did you end up sending her a proper mug?
Speaker 5: I did? I did?
Speaker 1: Oh good?
Speaker 5: Okay, we like Tarlia now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If your review is read out on the show, you've got a week to get in touch with price Keeper Jenna and you get admitted season season three commemorative mug, which you can shop in our buy on Instagram if you want to buy.
Speaker 4: One on our Instagram. It's where your message gener as well, not her personal Instagram.
Speaker 1: That's right. Tickles nineteen ninety four has left us a review. Tickles says, as someone who suffers with depression, anxiety, and add, I find this podcast is the best. Mitch Churi Mitchell Coombs are open about their struggles with mental health and add or suspected add in my case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: They're also entertaining them away. Anyone smile when listening to their show. It's light on comic relief, especially in the time we're living in. Amen Jenna in contraceptive diaphram, Sam when he's on add to the dynamic of the show, what a real top line for you? Like they're not that tickles isn't raving about Jenna. Yes, they add to the dynamic of a show, like onions on a hamburger.
Speaker 4: You could go with it, like salt and pepper.
Speaker 1: It gives me something to look forward to when I'm feeling down or in need of a psychiatric recess. Ah, I done that.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what we aim for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mitch, you you're a real review connoiseur. You like the top notch ones?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well sometimes they do get a bit repetitive. Oh, I listen on the school bus fuck off whatever, I like that one. That one's interesting so hot tip if you want to win a mug, you're more likely to win one if the review is like, you know, worth bloody reading or this.
Speaker 1: Although I guess this is worth reading because maybe Obama has left this review and if it's if, it's real, good for them and interesting. But the title is lost my virginity two times to this.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, hold on, I've gotta sit up all right, this sounds interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe Obama says, as someone who plays Fortnite often, I regularly regain my virginity. Funny, but only for special occasions. This podcast is the best podcast I've had the honor of nutting to, and I have dedicated many nights of pleasure pain and Veggie might favored confusion towards and I regret nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, yeah, they sounded a bit cooked, but you get a mug well done.
Speaker 1: They're the rules. Are they quite simply just saying that they have come or they've been having sex while we've been on in the background. Is that what they're saying.
Speaker 4: I guess you could deduce that from that review. But yeah, it was a bit all over the shops, something about Veggie might adam.
Speaker 1: Now or they just being silly, like are they trying to get a laugh bit cheeky?
Speaker 4: Well, don't fuck around everyone, don't be silly with these reviews. They're serious.
Speaker 1: Yep. Potential podcast companies will sive through these and go we don't want people that come listening to this podcast. Oh no, I'll do that all right. Leave us a review five stars please, That keeps us going. In the meantime, guys, you're excited for our guest this week?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I've had enough at YouTube. Get him on.
Speaker 1: Guys, this week, we have a Hollywood A List celeb in the studio, with this and he's Ausie too, which is even better Keenan Lonsdale.
Speaker 4: When you say in this studio he's on zoom, but I didn't realize because I know him as the Hollywood star. Yeah, I like you said, but I didn't realize he was bloody born and raised in Saint Mary's, Sydney's West.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy? Just looking at him, I think I see celebrity. I don't see Saint Mary's. So hasn't he done well? He's got new music out, Rhythm and Music. It's off his new album. He's a superstar. He's in the new Stand show. He was GQ magazine Actor of the Year this year, Eden, which is that new Stand show? He's a superstar. You're known from Love Simon and he's here with us now, Hello, Keenan, Hello, you're topless, guys is topless? Look at him. I did message him and say the only way we will interview you is if you're butt naked. And he committed and you've done it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I didn't show you the proof of the butt nakedness, but I did fully commit a promise.
Speaker 1: Oh I can tell it's yeah, I can tell. There's an energy coming off the webcam? Are you obsessed with Keenan? I am too, even from like way back when we love Simon days, Like I had the biggest crush on you back when I was still in the closet, and now that we're all out and proud, I do have a partner, so the crush is just matter. It's not there anymore.
Speaker 4: Otherwise you would have been in with a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I've been in with a chance? Keenan?
Speaker 11: How do you work with that beauty?
Speaker 7: That glow?
Speaker 4: Will we talk about I'll got naked too?
Speaker 1: Did you have a crush too much? I feel like just collectively everyone did one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: I'm also very impressed that like just having the confidence to just rock up to interview the topless.
Speaker 11: Well, okay, but look I'm home. It's also like midnight here where I am, and it's super hot because I'm in the desert. So I'm just like, yeah, I'm always naked just around the house. I have clothes on to a degree, so here I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, why are you in the desert? What's going on in the desert?
Speaker 11: I just mean, like the California desert. I was just in the desert. Actually, I was in Joshua Tree. Sometimes I like to just go to the desert. It's a good place to clear your thoughts, to do psychedelics, do that. Like I'm like, yeah, I'm on mushrooms right.
Speaker 4: Now, the Dubbo Mushrooms. They hit something different.
Speaker 1: I was in. I was in Joshua Tree twenty team before COVID. That place is whack man Like, I love it. The energy.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Joshua Tree is like it's like a couple hours out of La right Keenan and it's Joshua Tree is the kind of tree that is just everywhere. It's this weird like porcupine kind of cactus thing. But it's like the home of aliens and like mushrooms and it's just this giant National park. It really is desert, but it sort of changed your mind, changes the way you think. Like it just it's a whacky place. You don't know unless you've been there.
Speaker 11: I guess one hundred percent is a wacky place. And I haven't been there in a couple of years. And it had a big influence on me making the album that I did. I wouldn't have made it like that had I not had been to Joshua Tree and had such strange cool experiences.
Speaker 1: Were you scared to do mushrooms the first time? I'd be terrified, Like I feel like I'd look in a mirror and then I just start melting and then I don't know what I'd do. I hear those stories, so I'm such a white scared boy. Help me keenan.
Speaker 11: They say to not look in the mirror with psychedelts, right, But I'm like, and once I got over my few psychoeducks in general, because I feel like I generally a late bloomer, and I was terrified, but then the experiences were so uplifting and not all the time, but I was like, I'm going to look in the mirror because I feel ready, I felt right, yeah, and so so I was like, yeah, this is a few years ago, and I was like, yeah, I'm gonna look in the mirror. I looked in the mirror and I was like, ill, it looks disgusting, and I'm like, whoa, oh my gosh, not just disgusting that actually you're a hideous You look like a monster. And so my face started morephing into this monster and I was like, this is probably why people say not to look in the mirror. Yeah, And then I was like, but you know what, hippie dippy shit. I was like, you know what, I need to be compassionate. If that's what I really look like. Am I still going to love myself? Am I going to banish myself if I'm if I'm actually like a monster? I'm like, because I'm still a good guy. And so I was like, just stick it out. So I stay. And then eventually that monster started to become this like fairy and then it became this like alien Avatar alien. Then I was a fish underwater. Then I was a bear. Then I was fucking Michael Jackson. Then I was not fucking Michael Jackson. And then I was Wow, the man in the mirror.
Speaker 4: He was the man in the mirror.
Speaker 11: And then like I was like a really old man. And then I became like it was all this crazy stuff. But it was Nevertheless, it was trippy.
Speaker 4: Why did you have to go all the way to Joshua Tree for to get fucked off your face like that? You could have just stayed in Saint Mary's Salence.
Speaker 11: Oh god, I didn't. I wasn't going there for that reason. I just went there because I was like, I've never been that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So you say it influences your music? What part of rhythm and music it came from fucking Michael Jackson figure of speech?
Speaker 4: Great question.
Speaker 11: Well, the music treatment definitely had some MJ vibes in there.
Speaker 1: I can hear it.
Speaker 11: Thanks. He's been one of the biggest influence, the biggest, you know, artist influence in my life since I was a kid. And so for me, like every dance competition I was doing was always to MJ music, mostly MJ, Janet, Little Richard, and then we wanted to make something that was our own. I feel like we did that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you saw the other day, but Lizzo actually did a ranking of who she thinks is the prince and king and queen of pop. Michael Jackson was king of pop, and quite controversially, she put Janet Jackson as the queen of pop. And everyone's like, what about Madonna? But I'm guessing you would write Janet right.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, Janet's definitely my queen, but Madonna's also a queen like fucking Madonna. Um, but yeah, Janet, like she was like the first concert ever went to as well as a kid really yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I had one ticket I wrote in a letter and everything.
Speaker 1: Had you want the tickets for radio or.
Speaker 11: I feel like it was like a radio competition. Yeah, and it was like you can submit, you can write a letter or whatever in and I think it was it was supposed to be for like these VIP like you know, meeting tickets or something like that. Yeah, yeah, but I was I don't know how young I was, but they ended up being like, you know, someone else one, but we want to give you tickets anyway, because your letter was so sweet and what was.
Speaker 4: In the letter it must have been beautiful.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was very cute. My mum still probably got it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, hey, I know that when you were young, you were also told that you were feminine and your voice is high pitched. I'm guessing just by listening to you that that's not really a problem anymore. So my question is when's it going to end for me? When's be always going to break? Darlan a beautiful voice, thank you.
Speaker 11: I feel like, honestly though, when I was definitely growing up, I was like purposely trying to speak as low as possible.
Speaker 4: I gave up on that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then I got calmer by like then having a really low singing range, and I've had to work there my whole life to extend the range up again.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, right, I know you're lucky, Mitch.
Speaker 1: What's your singing range again?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: You don't want to hear it done? And I've got a cat by my side. You'll freak out.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 4: You've also said that whenever kids made fun of you back in school, your sister would be the one to put them back in their place. What does that actually mean? Like, what did she do? Was she bashing people on your behalf? What would he be talking about?
Speaker 11: You just knew that you just weren't going to mess with her, you know, and my sister she never laid any hands on other kids.
Speaker 4: But there was.
Speaker 11: One time on this bus because I didn't look like my sister. So she was like, is the bullying really happening as bad as you say it is. I'm like yeah. She's like, well, I'm just going to sit on the bus and watch because they're never going to guess that were related. So then she did, oh no, and she witnessed a bunch of cool, terrible you know, childhood bully stuff and then I don't know what happened, but I got suspended.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't know what happened? How convenient? Yeah, I set the house on fire. It was nothing.
Speaker 11: And I'm like, okay, what you're going to suspend me? Like this kid's been bullying me for these months and months and months. I'm like, all right, okay, I see you, I see you there.
Speaker 4: I remember my sister once sticking up for me on the bus. There was some kid being a little turd because it was sports day, you know how you had the different uniform and I was wearing shorts and he's like, oh, those shorts are very short. You look gay. And my sister's like, how very dare you? He's not gay, he's got a girlfriend. Well here we are.
Speaker 1: Does she know yet? Tall her up and tell her on the phone because she should know. My sister was the bully. My sister was like, I'm from the Shire, Keenan, Like, you know the Shire is from from the Shire. Don't they live there anymore? I got out as soon as I realized, and I my.
Speaker 11: Sister, what you talk about now?
Speaker 1: The Shire is beautiful, but they are there. They're about ten years behind every everyone else, you know, they catch up slowly, and my sister was just the bully. She was the cool girl, like she didn't want to know me. In fact, she told people we were cousins when I was feel because she did not want people to think that we had a blood like an actual brother and sister relation was awful. Did not have the sister like you guys did.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, yeah, it's this story. Is it meant to be a funny story? That's terrible?
Speaker 11: I know, it's so dark in my head.
Speaker 1: Look in the mirror, Look in the mirror. No, she my love, my sister. We're best friends now, but it was just that time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, My sisters always had my back. She's like the biggest supporter. She also like she came out to us like when she was like sixteen, and so she was the first person that showed me like what it is to stand in your truth in that way, and she had no insecurities about it. She didn't care what anyone thought. And so a lot of my strength in the self acceptances come from her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you come out when you in your teens as well? Or are you a bit of a late bloomer?
Speaker 11: Definitely a late late Bloomer. I came out to my friends when I was like twenty one, I think, oh, and then I went back on in the closet. And then I'd moved overseas and I just didn't know how to like come out all again to like new people I didn't know, So I went back in. And then I came out again online when I was twenty five. Now I'm twenty nine, so it's been four years of really being out for whoever and whatever wants to I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Well, I mean we have so many young listeners. I mean, Mitch and I both gay. Are you Is there any advice that you have for people that are struggling right now? Like you said, you went in, you went out. It's different for every person, but for a young quick person listening now, is there any any advice that you went through that you thought was really great when it was happening to you.
Speaker 11: I think just seeing examples. But one thing is, like, you know, I really felt chained by it. I felt like there's absolutely no way and even though I've seen other people out, even though I have friends that are out, even though like you know, there's proof around me, but I felt like, but with my circumstance, there's absolutely no way I could come out because of this. This is this, and it will always be like that forever, and all I will say to them is that you are really you are free. I promise you you are free, and you deserve to be free. I don't know what those circumstances are for everyone. They're all different and you know, but I the first place that it has to start is with them to know. And you know, psychedelics, your stuff, getting deep, whatever, But there is something. There's a reason why there's been so much shame placed on what it is to be queer. And there's like a magic that we have. There's a lot of healing that comes from it and a lot of power that comes from it, and society has been afraid of that power. And it's up to us to be the ones in charge of loving it and loving ourselves in order to really then show the world and keep it pushing in the right direction.
Speaker 1: You're doing a lot of that, You'll be You're pushing forward, and I'm so glad you're in charge. You can be our leader, Mitch. You can be vice president Mitchell of the of the new up and coming gays and I can be secretary and we all roles say I need all the help I can get.
Speaker 5: Now, guys, I have a weird connection to Keenan.
Speaker 1: Jennifer say not one word the whole recording, and then you decide to jump in. At the end, we have a beautiful moral. Everyone's crying and it's completely naked again.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's all the good going on, Jenna.
Speaker 5: So you went to school at TDHS, which was through Sydney distance. I was in the year below you, So I used to see you a lot at exams and stuff on campus.
Speaker 6: Right, really and seriously, you are the coolest person really, like, so so cool. I remember all of us like just looking up to you, being like he's just got this cool vibe to him and everything.
Speaker 11: Really, that's so funny.
Speaker 7: I was not cool.
Speaker 11: I'm such a nerd. It's hilarious to me that cool.
Speaker 5: So whenever I saw you on Dance Academy and things, I was like, he's so cool.
Speaker 1: Were you one of those people that would tell others that your friends even though there's no connection, and just like not because oh I'm friends with him, and they go, oh tell me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. I mean even seeing love Simon. I saw it with my mum and I said, I went to school with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, milk it.
Speaker 11: We went through some life tests.
Speaker 4: Well, clearly you're not milking it that much. You didn't even tell us. You kept that quiet.
Speaker 1: You didn't know that. Oh that's funny, all right. Well, hey, look we love you. We're such big fans. Thank you for staying. What time is it in la, I know it's late.
Speaker 11: It's just past midday, mid before.
Speaker 4: You go to bed. I've got one very important question to end on, Jenna. You know exactly what this is. I ask the same question whenever we've got guests on. It's to contribute to our list of things better than drugs and Dick. The list of Things better than drugs and Dick is designed to remind our young listeners that there's more to life to partying and boys. So it's like a little thing in life that you appreciate. What are some examples that people have submitted? Guys?
Speaker 1: What do we have? We had a good a good a good ear cleaning with like a queue tip. I think that was me. Like that gets me going, A nice cool breeze, nicely ye fresh linen getting into bed with like fresh linen after you've showered like butt naked.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you've done much better than drugs and dick sliding in.
Speaker 1: It's those things in life that, in that one moment, are better than drugs.
Speaker 11: And yes, yes, looking outside, having the sunshine to hit your face and then seeing a little chipmunk go by so much better than dick.
Speaker 1: Not but not interesting. You're like, oh, I can't, I can't forego the drugs.
Speaker 11: Well, that's the drug. Seeing the chipmunk and the sunshine in your face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I reckon. I killed like half an hour the other day staring outside my window. There's a bunch of trees and I could just see this fat fucking possum climbing up and like breaking branches and stuff. The sun was shining. So I'm with you better than drugs and dick.
Speaker 1: That was me. Actually, I was trying to get you. I was jumping from I'll take Possum. Guys, you need to listen to Kennon's new song, Rhythm and Music. It's amazing. The music video is great. He rekindles his friendship with an old power from Dance Academy. It's hot, it's very MJ and we won't keep you up much longer. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 5: We appreciate that you.
Speaker 11: Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 4: This was cute.
Speaker 1: Oh you just dropped the camera. He's butt naked.
Speaker 4: I saw it.
Speaker 1: I saw it. Speaking of chip.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my goodness.
Speaker 11: Not yet, you'd have to wait for fans.
Speaker 1: It's after midnight, after midnight. Was that a Joshua tree? Or are you just happy to see me? All right, Kennon, we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks, Keenan you're listening to is it just me?
Speaker 3: The rude Shocks of Young adult School?
Speaker 1: Isn't a nice guy?
Speaker 4: Love the drug chat? Okay? For that?
Speaker 1: I love that he didn't clarify, We'll name something better than drugs and dick and he said, yes, looking into the sun is better than dick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, I feel like we have a responsibility to say everyone, don't rush out and try shrooming, because he really spoke quite highly of the experience. But no, no, no, no, don't be doing that. Jenna's made that mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, haven't you every He's just done well. Jenna thought she was eating a mushroom rosotto, but the poor bitch was actually psychedelics she was chopping for days.
Speaker 4: No, Mitch, you weren't on the Katiki trip. You don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe that's why you went ruthless through the Thames. Maybe Jenna's canals were right anyway, all.
Speaker 4: Right, look before we go, Mitch, you mentioned on your Basard Child podcast and you created with your unmarried lover, your gay boyfriend Hayden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'll it that out. Can I get confirmation?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 4: You mentioned on your other podcast, the Top one hundred, that you reckon if someone handed you with saxophone, that you'd be able to play it. And you remember it because you learned it in school. You played it as a kid, and you're like, oh yeah, it's like getting on a bike. I can remember how to play the saxophone. And I was like, well, gonna hold you to that.
Speaker 1: Dallan, I don't remember saying that word for it. We have the grab. So this will be interesting because I feel like this is all you think, comment Jenny, here it is I played saxophone. I have we have discussed this. You just play a saxophone outer alter. I tried to move to tenor and they said no, you haven't even paid off the outer. I just liked the glitz of it all. Oh, it's very the saxophone as well. It's very dim sexy. Yeah, and very culturally relevant around the twenty fourteen era when thrift Shop was popping off. Oh yeah, and then that Jason Derulo song Yeah and problem Brian, it was a good year to be a saxophonist. I think I guarantee you hand me a saxophone altar at this point and a read a moistury and I can perform I have the Tiger with mas closed. Okay, Well, if you're sticking around, maybe will hear that? You definitely won't. Yeah, Well, why do I go into such specific detail?
Speaker 4: I am the Tiger? Did you ever learn that song?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because I had to pick this thing up and today on the way here and I called my mum. She's just as a daily update, and I went, oh, I just picked up a saxophone. Remember I used to play in primary school? She said, yeah, my only song you knew how to play was either Tiger.
Speaker 4: Wow, So you weren't just bullshitting You actually knew that song.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, anyway, you guys thought, oh, how are you going to get a saxophone? Mitch, because I wanted you to play it on our podcast prove that you still can. You were like, how are you going to get a saxophone? Piece of piss? I just emailed Sydney Band Instruments there in Gladesvelt. Mike was lovely, very helpful. He's like, yep, I'll provide a sax to make this happen. So you've picked it up, where is it?
Speaker 1: I've got it here with me. I'm going to play it, hond on. Why I open it?
Speaker 9: This is?
Speaker 1: This is the song I wanted either Tiger that part see very easy couple notes?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that's so. They're quite tricky to put together. Is it just in the box or if you put it all together with the red and everything?
Speaker 1: Can you hear me I'm moving microphones, Jenner, you can hear me nice and clear. It's still in the case.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'll see I haven't set it up all right?
Speaker 1: We can be here. Why this is the first open? Ready? Look at that?
Speaker 4: Oh it's lovely. Sydney Band Instruments. Look at your.
Speaker 1: Gates are like Sydney Band Instruments dot com dot au. If you want to look at the range. I'm gonna have to work out how to how to put this together. To be honest, I got the saxophone.
Speaker 4: All the read Jenner the wet read.
Speaker 1: Now, the reader is a little wooden duc tongue like. It's a really thin piece of wood that goes on the mouthpiece and it's what helps the vibrato. But it has to be wet before you before you play it. And I remember, you have to leave them out to dry in the sun, otherwise they get moldy. And before my big recital, I forgot to leave it out in the sun. It was moldy, but I played through the mold.
Speaker 4: Oh yuck. I remember my sister would walk around the house with the reed on her tongue, kind of like she was sucking on a paddle pop without an ice play. And because you have to get it moist, yeah, and she always used to get so shitty at me. I would accidentally bump the saxophone and chip the reed.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna have to remember how.
Speaker 4: To do this, whichhuld have done this, but.
Speaker 1: We recorded.
Speaker 4: I thought that it was set up already.
Speaker 1: Okay, the readers on, the readers on, that's all right, We're making it okay, cool and then this. See this piece, Mitchell, It kind of looks like an elbow of sorts. Yep, assuming all that.
Speaker 4: God, I just remember every time I looked at Nicole playing the saxophone. I just think, there's so many fucking buttons. How do you remember where to put them? And it's not like a piano where the buttons are in order. I'm like low to high. They're all over the shop.
Speaker 1: Wow, this thing is stunning.
Speaker 4: Is it better than the one you had in school?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, yare the one I had in school? Every kid had been through. I think I've set it up. I'm gonna put the next strap on because they supplied one. And look at that.
Speaker 4: Oh you're a natural.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. Jeez, it looked a lot bigger back when I was a kid. This looks like a rop When I'm holding it, it's tiny.
Speaker 4: But it really does. Actually, as soon as.
Speaker 1: I hold it, it all comes back to me. It's actually quite magical.
Speaker 4: I wonder if i'd be the same with my violin. First, I don't celebrate too early. It with one hoot?
Speaker 1: Oh God, sorry, sorry, I've got to learn.
Speaker 4: It might have something to do with your breath. You look like you're pushing really hard. I can see that. Did you hear it of that though? No, of course I did. But it was a bit all over the shop because your breath. I think I had something with your breath. Your cheeks are really puffed out, so it's being more controlled with your diaphragms.
Speaker 5: So are you playing of the Tiger quick Brown Fox?
Speaker 1: Yes, I can start from the beginning.
Speaker 4: Bravo.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm laughing and blowing.
Speaker 4: Oh it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 5: That's the bit, well done, nailed.
Speaker 1: Don't vatronize me. It's good.
Speaker 4: I've got a couple of songs that I wanted to see if you could play, like some of my favorite iconic saxophone songs, you know, like pop songs, remember this one twenty fourteen. See if you can give this a ready?
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah, okay, that's enough.
Speaker 1: Do I play something else? I'm getting The more I play, the more it comes back to me.
Speaker 4: What about this one? Reckon? You could do this. It's one from Abba Jenna. Stop encouraging it. He couldn't be further from nailing it. He's just blowing.
Speaker 1: Back tire the tiger shit. I thought I would have had it. Let me get the notes on them. That's kind of beautiful.
Speaker 4: A little trill on the end of your scale. Oh, what a pro.
Speaker 1: In any Arabian film when there's a pot twist when they're running through spice markets. I'll do a Harry Potter Welcome to Hogwarts. Okay, okay, that's not not Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: I think you'll find it is not Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: All right, anything else before I go.
Speaker 4: No, that's quite enough.
Speaker 1: I think I want to buy one guy one last time for the fans. I have the Tiger and I'll play it over the song Here we Go by the Tiger. Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 4: Oh it's shocking. Okay, you're not even clothes, You're not even close.
Speaker 1: I think I'm doing something wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe, Okay, we're still going.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're down everyone. Thank you so much to Sydney band instruments.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't think we're the best endorsement of what their instruments are capable of. But no less but also.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, yeah, Mitchell, weren't you Aren't you also play an instrument?
Speaker 4: No, not anymore. I used to play violin when I was in high school.
Speaker 1: Violin. That's it. Well, why don't we get you a violin, and you can do it next week and see if you're any bloody better.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not making any claims like you did that. I'll hand me a saxophone and I'll be able to play the Tiger, which we've clearly proven is incorrect. You absolutely murdered it. I don't think that if you haited me violin i'd be any good. But I'm open to it. I can give it a crack. Maybe I'll surprise myself.
Speaker 1: I think you would. General. Can we organize a violin for next week? I'll do it. Okay, let's get Mitchell violin?
Speaker 4: Way, Jenna? Why is so unhelpful? I don't know where to go.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have had to have done anything. You just all you had to say was yes, enable me and I would have organized it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You just google look do what I did? Google instrument high in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 4: But I can't get there if she can't, Mitch, Mitch went for me.
Speaker 1: Guys, my lip is quivering from the viberrado of that read.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My sister used to say that every time she finished playing sax it would be like this weird tingly feeling she needed chapstick and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my lip feels like I've just been hooked up.
Speaker 4: With, like I've just given a gobby to a lawn mower.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and I saw I'd never do it again. All right, let's go that Gloria's gone saxophone staring at me from the other end of the room. What a charm. I will we have it for a couple more days, Mitch. Mike was like, oh, there's no time, there's no rush to get it back to me. Get it back to me once you're done with it. And I'm not diddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told him we'd just you know, borrow it for the afternoon. But okay, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll be reciting him poor Haye and he'll be fine. Put his AirPods in and shut up. Stop complaining.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry, Hayden. This is my fault.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you know, your poor house mate, your poor cat. How will they bear with your violin next week? Is there any specific type of violin that I need to look for or is a violin a violin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a full size one. They're pretty much standard violin.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm just search Facebook marketplace. Do you want to keep it.
Speaker 4: No, I've got one. I've still got my one from high school, but it's at my sister's place. She's got a music agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, leave it with me violin next week, guys. Thank you for listening to the episode. Thank you to Keenan Gonstal for being here. What a superstar where he was great? Adore him. And we will be back next week guys. So I guess we'll see you then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, looking forward to it, see if you're ready. Four Is it just me?
Speaker 5: A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 3: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 4: At Welcome to add brief this is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend that we're done, trick people out of listening, and then we keep hanging out just for you, guys.
Speaker 1: Yep, this is what this is what it is been of fun between mates. Do you tell people we're friends when you go I do a podcast with my friends? How do you describe it?
Speaker 4: Of course I don't know. I don't really describe it that way. I just say, oh, I do a podcast. I don't say with friends.
Speaker 1: I don't talk about it. I'm ashamed by it.
Speaker 4: No, it's not that I've never had to say my friends, or if I'm doing an email, like, for example, Mike at Sydney Band Instruments. I didn't say, oh, my friend, I said my co host, also named Mitch, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that there was a music store next to the saxophone store. It's ridiculous, like someone going, oh, I've ordered Burger's full lunch. It's at that burger place in South Sydney. And you go to South Sydney and then you go to the restaurant that says Hamburgers. But he goes, no, no, Nana, you want a cheeseburger next door at Cheeseburgers two doors down.
Speaker 4: What my brother once said to me because he's such a shit surrh. He came down to Sydney for like a weekend away with his mates and he goes, hey, I just got to Sydney. I've broken down. Can you meet me at the traffic lights? Haha?
Speaker 1: Funny how many traffic lights are there in bergen Gate? Well?
Speaker 4: None in bogen Gate. Forbes has one set of traffic lights, so it makes sense to say at the traffic lights, but Parks has none? Real no, but they didn't when I was there.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, Mitchell. So after we did a Sunday night Instagram live. Oh have I told you this story about my dad?
Speaker 4: I don't know, tell me.
Speaker 1: So we did our Instagram live Sunday night Jenna with both Mitch's daddy and my dad Mark, and they both came in. It was very imprompto.
Speaker 4: It was so cringe. It was for Father's Day and the internet was so bad, it was very laggy and yeah, and it was.
Speaker 1: Just it was fine, like it was fine. It's actually for people loved it, but our dads were so awkward and it was great at one point Mitch and actually at multiple points Mitch and I just left. I just decided to leave and let them do it together. My dad called me the next day image and said and said, I want to apologize. I said, what for? He said, for the live mate, I've really let you down, and he tid what he tied up because he's so emotional and such an empathy and I don't want your fan base to think that I'm not prepared. And I don't have any memories of my son, because I've got nothing but beautiful memories. And I went no, because when you asked him if he's got any memories of me, he sort of flumbered and flustered and flabbergasted around, but he just was We.
Speaker 4: Were doing it was like a Q and A for our dads. And one of the questions was what's which, by the way, very loaded question. I wouldn't have think. I wouldn't have thought of something on the spot either, what's your favorite memory of your son? Like they fucking raised this, There's a lot of things to choose from.
Speaker 1: Poor dad. He was very upset. And then Mom went, Mark, what are you talking about? Give me the phone? What about my mom? Giving my dad question giving the answers to every fucking question. Mum was standing there holding the phone, and Mitchell go, Mark, what's your favorite memory of Mitchell? And Dad?
Speaker 4: Your impression of me?
Speaker 1: It is most ours on it and Dad my favorite memory. And then Mum would go doctor day, did we on the beach? And and I was like, Mum, we can hear you. You're holding the.
Speaker 4: Though she wasn't even w Spring. It was like, oh, what are you most proud of? Mitch the radio show mar It wasn't with.
Speaker 1: Spring your dad's proudest moment. Of your career was starting at Kiss.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh the job I just left. Sweet. He's like, yeah, you peaked early son.
Speaker 1: Was you telling me that your dad thought I was on Survivor actually a contender?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean you didn't. You did post on your Instagram a photo of you in the outback with a Channel ten logo on it. I don't think you actually clarified what was happening there. For your radio show, you were they're interviewing the people that were on the show. But when people at a glance that, my dad was like, oh, mitche was on Survivor. That's impressive. I was like, he would be dead if he was on that show.
Speaker 1: I interviewed George, who is on Survivor, and he said, I think you'd be great on the show. I wonder what people's perception of me is. Maybe they just said I think I'd be good at like the gameplay, but nothing else. That's it.
Speaker 4: No, you wouldn't be good at the gameplay because like you're a people pleaser. You wouldn't want to backsab and you know, plot against people all that shit.
Speaker 1: No, I love that. If I don't, if there's no one, it's not my career at stake or people that I know. I get all good with people that I know, but if they're fucking randoms and we're playing a game, I'm the most competitive person ever. I'm ruthless.
Speaker 5: I think you could do bullshit.
Speaker 4: Did you or did you not send an apology message to Talia after you smashed her mug last week.
Speaker 1: I didn't apologize for anything. I just said, all in good, all in good, whatever that expression is. Haha, We'll still send you a mug. Thanks for the review. X didn't apologize because that was a motion. She didn't copy it. Though so many messages saying they love that anger out burst Jenna, maybe you should be angry one podcast. It's clear that people love it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was thinking that we ever had a Jena tantrum. God knows what she's bottling up.
Speaker 5: I would love to I might do that, not on cue, but like feel free when I wanted to bottle that one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should have just seen the evil in her eyes when she said that. I was like, don't do it now, she goes no when I want to. Oh, it was like a squint and a sideways glance.
Speaker 1: I can see the flicker in her eye, its happen about Kennon Lodgsdale. You don't say one word the whole interviewing. At the end, I studied with it.
Speaker 4: You don't even tell us that.
Speaker 1: Mitch and I looked at each other like, where is this coming from? And whenever you ask a question, it's it's it's always that point one second after the goodbye has been left for two.
Speaker 5: Years because I thought, I thought, oh, maybe this is stupid to bring up, but I thought we can always cut it.
Speaker 4: No, you are, You are free to say whatever you damn well please. I just thought it might have been something you'd mentioned to us. We're like, oh, we've got Keena Longsdaye on the show today. You're like, oh, yeah, nothing.
Speaker 5: He's good on Dance Academy. That's what I told you, Pride.
Speaker 1: What was Dance Academy?
Speaker 5: Fantastic ABC show about a dance academy away.
Speaker 1: I was hoping it was a fish and Chip reality show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've really helped us crack that code.
Speaker 1: Jenna. Thanks, I'm so glad I asked.
Speaker 4: You genuine question. Yes, because Mitch and I obviously call each other and say, what are we going to do on the show? Apart from the ear gyms. That's always a mystery. But do you often just show up here and the mics go on and you have no idea what's about to happen. So when we're telling everyone and listening here's what's coming up on the show, you're actually finding out for the first time.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, that's every week.
Speaker 1: She write it down to remember that.
Speaker 4: She never know what we're doing on the show, and she's on it.
Speaker 5: I see you with your run sheets and stuff that I think it's just exciting.
Speaker 4: We didn't get on the run sheets anymore. I didn't even use them.
Speaker 1: Guys. The receptionist that Keith said to me the other day, Mitch, I'm starting a podcast and I'd really like if you could share me a mock run sheet form? Is it just me? And I went ah and pushed her down a flight of stairs. I said, run sheet, fuck off.
Speaker 4: He used to use run sheets when we were when I was in my uptight era, but now I'm just like, fuck it, No, they're too rigid.
Speaker 1: I like going going with the flow and the podcast.
Speaker 4: Going row going, going with the flow. And also, yeah, the thing is that I would make the run sheets. We'd agree upon it, but then we'd always not stick to it anyway, So it's like, what's the point?
Speaker 5: Yeah, very true, true, Like have.
Speaker 4: You ever Mitch thought, oh, where are we up to? I'm gonna have to look at my sheet. I've got to read reviews now. No, we fucking know. We've done eighty three of these things. Now we're fine.
Speaker 1: In the middle of Keena Lonstow, Oh sheet, Kean? And where can people get the mugs? Jenner? How on there? How long until they can message you to get their free mug? So I was in the desert it My deck was horrid.
Speaker 4: Jenna, who's this again? It's not on the run?
Speaker 1: Sheheet? Who's this again?
Speaker 4: Good? Get from you? Mitch, look at you go with the guest booking, you know who is actually releasing new music at the moment and maybe doing press rounds. Yeah, and it's not as unattainable as I'm not going to be ridiculous, but I'd love to get Abba on the show.
Speaker 1: They've got music?
Speaker 4: Can you get us Abba?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. This will be my metric of whether or not we can Jenna have Jonesy and Amanda arguably keeping ABBA's discography alive. Are they speaking to them? Um not at this point of right, then I doubt the two gays on the iHeartRadio podcast will score an exclusive interview. Or maybe they're not hustling.
Speaker 5: We hustle exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: That's where you're wrong, Mitchell. Jones and Amanda may not have Abba, but that doesn't matter because we're better than Jones in Amanda, are we not?
Speaker 1: Yes? We are. They might not have Abba, but we have Fibber. That's me.
Speaker 4: Nah, I reckon, we could get Abba. What are their names again, Benny, biorn Agneta fucking Freeda?
Speaker 1: Don't do they have names?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are they all siblings?
Speaker 4: Are they like Mitch? Do you not know this?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: So they they were on Eurovision and it was Waterloo that was their winning song. Then they became a really popular band. And then because there's two guys two girls, they both paired up, started fucking got married, and then both of them, both couples, got divorced, and that's when they started releasing all those horrific breakup songs like Knowing Me, Knowing You Win, It takes it All. It was all based off their real life crippling marriages from within the band. Imagine, if we like seriously had this huge fight and then we came on and made art about it? Is it just me? Or is your co host of kunt.
Speaker 1: That is so Scandinavian as well? Isn't that like the what are they Swedish? That's the most Swedish thing ever? To divorce your partner? But then go, yeah, let's make a music out of me.
Speaker 4: But I'm winner takes it all. That's my favorite ABBA song. I gotta say, Oh, I like Waterloo.
Speaker 5: I like s o s oh.
Speaker 4: That's another break up one, Jenny. Yes, good, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 4: Should we test the delay between my home studio and your studio by me trying to sing along? We'll see just how bad the delay is? Ready, how about the things we've got?
Speaker 5: Na?
Speaker 4: Na just out? O? My god? How far behind him? I I'm going to see if I can preempt it. I'll sing early. See if you like.
Speaker 1: You're your your one beat behind. If it's then okay, ready go go go gong.
Speaker 4: How playful that you.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 10: Thinking this, I figured it makes sense.
Speaker 1: This is a good song. But no, I like with my clothes. Yeah you got it, you got it. Towards the end, I just.
Speaker 4: I've been saying to myself, singing out of time on purpose.
Speaker 1: This is is my favorite, my favorite Abba song. A little bit of saxophone in that. So is this you during the height of the marriage or was this after the divorce?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: This was the wasn't I could be wrong? Jen, Are you were there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was this the song that won the Neurovision.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure it was. Let me just double check.
Speaker 1: Really yep?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this was like their their bursts onto the scene song. You know, I have you heard the new songs? They're not great?
Speaker 1: Oh? I like you, I haven't heard it. No, What's a Call?
Speaker 4: There's two?
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: They released two singles and I went the longest time without listening to them because I was like, I don't want Abba to be shit. It's been forty years since new Abba music and I got there. In the end, I listened and they're fucking terrible.
Speaker 1: Really, I haven't heard Okay, take what's a Call?
Speaker 5: I still have faith in you? Is one of them.
Speaker 4: That's one of them. Yeah, And then there was two. What was the other one?
Speaker 5: The one is don't shut me down here this is Abba.
Speaker 4: I still have So the first one is more a slow song, and then the other one was upbeat, but even outbeat point I was like, this is doing nothing to.
Speaker 1: Oh do you know what?
Speaker 4: It's grown on me a bit. I should never judge the first list. How does it start? Yeah, this was the underwhelming bit the start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it gets so much better.
Speaker 1: It sounds like we'reing frozen.
Speaker 4: I still have athing you.
Speaker 8: Look.
Speaker 4: I don't want to sound mean, but doesn't that sound like Doc Wiggins singing like they're so old? Now?
Speaker 1: I hear that? That was my next question, though, Mitch. Are they are these old songs that they recorded at the height of their fame or is this new recordings?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Do I look like a fucking encyclopedia?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You brought it up? What's the other one called?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's the first music they've released in forty years. I would hope that they didn't just, you know, find an old USB and I'm assuming it's.
Speaker 1: The Spice Skills are doing their twenty fifth year anniversary and they're releasing unreleased songs from their Haytay like they're not re recording.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's the ship.
Speaker 1: What about this song? Really? On whiles?
Speaker 5: Shut Me down.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't shut me down.
Speaker 4: See this one's grown on me now.
Speaker 5: Yes, I like it.
Speaker 4: And even though they sound like they're close to death.
Speaker 1: This just don't shut me down. As soon as I pressed by you.
Speaker 5: And I thought that was it, I think I don't remember this pie.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 4: I was mocking the old song I have in you.
Speaker 1: Stop my dents pick them up. Oh this is Banna. Oh they've got that iconic vocal. I know that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah again, I shouldn't jump to conclusions and make such wild and baseless claims the new songs are rubbish because that's that's the second time I've heard it, and I'm like, oh, it's all right, Yes, it's good.
Speaker 1: It's not this, though, is it? This is brilliant. You know that riff has been sampled the Madonna song, the Madonna song.
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh my god. I was so dumb as a child. I didn't realize that that Madonna song was sampling an Abba song. Find the Madonna song. And when my sister was watching Mum and Mia the movie for the first time, they played Gimmy, Gimmy, Gimmy, and I said to her, why are they playing a Madonna song in an Abba movie, like I seriously, and then I was like, oh my god, they sole it from Madonna. I didn't realize Madonna sampled it.
Speaker 1: So this is the original, Like we just played and it's there. I don't know what instrument is. It's really good.
Speaker 4: Keyboard.
Speaker 1: Yes, Madonna's like, you know what, I'm gonna nick that in the background.
Speaker 4: She would know the old bitch Time going by Slade.
Speaker 1: That's good. But you know Ava Max also sampled that in her latest song what Yeah, but I can't think of a name.
Speaker 4: Is it even that good? Is that riff that good that everyone needs to keep pinching?
Speaker 1: It? A Max fucking he and you've.
Speaker 4: Spoken to the cow. You should know you've.
Speaker 1: Spoken to a fucking seven times?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Six? So I was doing the count ahead of the other day ship. Guys. I'm so sorry I didn't come prepared.
Speaker 4: That's all right. That's that's the beauty vaded brief with.
Speaker 5: Okay, it is is it torn emotion?
Speaker 4: It's torn?
Speaker 1: It's torn, It's torn.
Speaker 5: I believe yep, torn torn unintentionally has an Abba influence?
Speaker 4: What no?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 1: So it is such a because the I love Abba and I also love Madonna, so as soon as I heard this song, and I asked her in an interview and she said, oh yeah, I take my and spoke from so many powerful women, but she said she was sampling Madonna. Dumb bitch doesn't even know she's abba.
Speaker 4: She's done like me.
Speaker 1: So I'll play you the Ava Max song and you tell me when you hear it, because it's not as obvious as Madonna. She sings for a bit. She's a lovely lady.
Speaker 4: Oh she's a thing.
Speaker 1: I say, it's a singing. So it makes sense if she just started doing slam poetry to a bit.
Speaker 5: Looking background. Where you are, that's definitely.
Speaker 12: Start, stop, start to save me.
Speaker 1: It's there. It's there, Yeah, it's there. Isn't it weird when you notice a song sample something else?
Speaker 4: Do I smell a segment?
Speaker 1: O God? Secret sample? Yes?
Speaker 4: Top five? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Yes, samples. That's brilliant.
Speaker 5: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 4: So far, we've got one.
Speaker 1: We've already done this. This was the Little the Little Taste of God.
Speaker 4: So it's a total clean slate. I need five yes, now.
Speaker 1: Never mind, you need five, No, we can come up with them.
Speaker 4: We'll have to discuss this off the air because I can't think of any others my head.
Speaker 1: I can't think of loves it, loves to notice the sample.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's probably got a top one hundred prepared. I'll just see if I can pinch of you.
Speaker 1: What about this? Do we all know what this is? Samplings? Like?
Speaker 4: Do you reckon that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you reckon that? Rhianna regrets sampling Rolf Harris?
Speaker 1: Does she Rolf Harris Harben?
Speaker 4: Everywhere? Man is? Have you not heard the Rolf Harris one? I'm banging on this show. I neverwhere man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's not sampling that. It's just a liter.
Speaker 4: Her own admission.
Speaker 7: She is.
Speaker 4: What does she say? I've been everywhere? Man like? I don't want to spell it out to you, but that I know that I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking for you one. I just think it's a coincidental lyric. I do I doubt she's sampling Rolf Harris here.
Speaker 4: I come with my breadth of musical knowledge, and you shut me down like I'm making up lies. She said it on an interview.
Speaker 1: Oh, she said, I sampled Rolf Harris KNT.
Speaker 4: Actually no, to be fair, I'm pretty sure that I've been everywhere is also an American song and Rolf Harris did in an Australian version with Australian town names Leaves Mala, Lava, Na and Bom original. But I think there might be an American version that she sampled.
Speaker 1: You're right, yes, yes, okay, I take it all back. Yeah, I sampled serial pedophile Wilf Harris.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. I've looked up the end when I.
Speaker 1: Hold Me To.
Speaker 4: I was impressed with myself.
Speaker 1: That was very good. You had like the Jamaican twining in there, and that.
Speaker 4: Was clar I was like, I didn't know I could do Rihanna.
Speaker 1: Rihanna needs to put fucking music out. What is she doing with her She's taking her time too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what she's done now, she's done an Abba. She's left it so long that there'll be so much anticipation and hope for these songs and then we'll hear it and go terrible.
Speaker 1: You're exactly right, Just like what Lord did?
Speaker 5: Lord left it like seven years or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what can you do there? That's right.
Speaker 4: I didn't notice the Lord pause at all.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Lord was missing for years. The joke was like, where's Lord? She just didn't drop any music is quite nice, isn't it? You know what a lula is like? You know when you have a nice stare, when you just get caught stairs? Everyone try to force a nice stair now ready, just get locked on something?
Speaker 4: Oh not with another person? No no, no, no, no no no, there a fucking aimless stare, they slap. I can I can get amongst that?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 1: Go go?
Speaker 4: What is what is it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? It's heaven, just like match added to things better than dropping good aim the stairs.
Speaker 4: Dissociation, bottle eyed personality? Is it dissociation or disassociation?
Speaker 1: Disassociation?
Speaker 5: Disassociation?
Speaker 1: Disassociated?
Speaker 4: I just thought i'd pull myself up there before some dickhead gotten the group saying mispronunciation from combs. He said, dissociation.
Speaker 1: Associator and affected me shut up.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Agricultural Association, I just get rid of the A.
Speaker 1: What would their podcast be? Welcome to a g G brief, Welcome.
Speaker 4: To the Country Women's Association.
Speaker 1: Look at that nice juicy.
Speaker 4: It took me a while.
Speaker 1: That was good. He's okay. Look at he's a little in bed with so well.
Speaker 4: Do you play the do you know this one doesn't work? I was going to say, do you play the acoustic.
Speaker 1: Or the No, it's got to be the start, or doesn't have to be. We're literally.
Speaker 12: Out of the middle.
Speaker 4: I said dissociation instead of disassociation. So I just hate as apparently hate Jen. Yes, that was the joke.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear that. I said, Hey, Jen, without ba you have to explain the joke. You know what they say, you know what they no?
Speaker 1: I got it, Jen Benson, it's just me. Well, then it works like Kieran says, it is just me the podcast.
Speaker 4: My favorite film as a child was one hundred and one Down Missions. No, we're fucking We're really raping the bottom of the barrel here.
Speaker 1: Do you have the news, Mitch or do you have the older puts?
Speaker 4: Oh right, you got rid of the air. But you can say pod normally, is this the a's that we're getting it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, the oh then it would be epods, ir, yeah, pods.
Speaker 4: Much of it just started the r oh my god, my pods are flat?
Speaker 1: I had. Isn't that weird how words can be spelt exactly the same but pronounced completely differently. I had to email someone today and the sentence was, they're coming across a bit read, as in there they're not sounding natural. It sounds like they're reading a script.
Speaker 4: Were you talking about me? Behind my back? Again?
Speaker 1: I was checking you did you get the email? And I and I sent it and I said, oh, she's coming across a bit read And I'm like, oh wait, wait, yeah, is it? No, that's not right. I want to say red. Then I'm like a reed. I'm like, no, that's fucking read, which is the same as.
Speaker 4: A re a D like what It's just I hate that.
Speaker 1: I honestly, if someone out there is who has English is their second language, not their first, apparently, learning English is it's the hardest language, one of the hardest languages to learn because there are so many little fuck arounds like that. That comes down to just colloquialisms and the way that we say it as natural born English speakers. It's fucked.
Speaker 4: Who invented the unita? You after a Q rule like queen would would still spell the same thing if it was Q E E N.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the queen and knife could very well go without the K, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, greedy fucking knife hugging a K to yourself? You start with N.
Speaker 1: Bitch, it could just be knife NiFe. Well, what do they think we're gonna say niffy? What about did Shakespeare go ad o ka. We don't want people saying niffy. He did. Actually, I'm sure you were there, of course.
Speaker 4: Imagine if it wasn't a silent cake canknife canif cannife, you can even it's just yes, please stand for the Honorable Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. So we're taking silent letters off mute?
Speaker 1: Now, all right, let's do it. What else is there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Have you met my name but Aaron I've never understood that, by the way, and works just fine.
Speaker 4: I just might legally change my name to Mitchell with a silent seven. Who's going to stop me?
Speaker 1: Put him in between the l's one? Itchells. God, that's so stupid.
Speaker 4: We're dumb. We make cano sense.
Speaker 1: But also faint f e I n t.
Speaker 4: No, No, no, who spells faint that way?
Speaker 1: That's how you spelled faint f e I n t, isn't it? No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jenna, you just you need to stop agreeing with everything he says and actually think I know you're so right. I don't think anyone spells faint that way.
Speaker 1: You said I lose sleep over it. No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was like, you're so right, baby, do you And then and then she thought about it and goes, oh, yeah, you're right. He got that completely wrong.
Speaker 1: Faint. I just googled it a deceptive or pretended blow thrust or the movement, especially in boxing off fencing. Oh my god, am I spelling it wrong?
Speaker 4: Yep, it's f A I N T. You're actually right. The way that you think it should be spelled is, in fact the way it's spelt.
Speaker 13: I've been spelling it fe I and T with an apostrophe over it, with using that word me all the time to Haydn, Babe, get some memo names.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling faint. They have ordered some more subway on feeling butte shoot me, hey, Mitchell, quick hot take. Did you hear the The CHROMATICA Remix album.
Speaker 4: I still haven't.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: It just seems like sensory overload, like they've taken this Lady Gaga album, which already is quite a lot really like it's no Joeanne. It's like a pop album. It's upbeat, there's a lot happening, and then they've remixed it and just like, oh it's it's like a it's like the songs have been put in a blender, but the blend is still on when you listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of the like is that she's given like up and coming DJ's a chance to mix on a big, well known artists record, which is cool. She's very good like that, but some of them are shocking, like Sign from Above with Elton John. They have done ungodly things to that poor Puff's voice, Like they're adding beeps and it sounds like sounds like a car's reversing. And Elton, you know how in that song is really dramatic. He's like film. Yeah, like pitched him right up. It sounds comical and they've added beeps and bops.
Speaker 4: She probably thought she was doing a really good thing by giving these up and coming DJs a leg u but like, imagine that a job interview. Hello, welcome to Stonewall. We've got a vacancy for a DJ on Friday nights. What history do you have? What's some of your pass work? Well, I completely butchered Sign from Above by Lady Gargo and Elbon John, Get out, get off my property.
Speaker 1: I made Elton sound like a chipmunk.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like I need to hear it now because so many people, not just you, like so many gays in my life have warned me that that song the remix is a dog's breakfast.
Speaker 1: So I feel like I signed from Above.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's specifically that one. Everyone's just said, don't bother.
Speaker 1: All right, So Sign from Above remix.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it's not in the system at kiss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sign from Above the Chester Lockhart Moodkiller and Litl Texas remix. Too many chefs in the kitchen Gaga. Yeah, it's also a Halloween themed. It's really spooky.
Speaker 4: I already hate it. When I was young, a prayer for lightning.
Speaker 1: This is fine, just a different beat.
Speaker 4: My mother sir, it would come and find me. I found myself.
Speaker 1: I love my flock one.
Speaker 10: Guess when I was gone, I prayed for livening. Yeah, I love with my face until this time.
Speaker 4: But I said nothing, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, nothing no. I feel like I made a fitness first, about to do a pump class.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very forty five, isn't it?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 1: Here's the draft. I heard one sign from.
Speaker 11: Sign from.
Speaker 1: A single senter waiting for Elton. Should I skip if you want?
Speaker 4: I think I get the messy picture here? Oh wait, what's that.
Speaker 1: Him just waiting? It's really it's really cootie. When I was young, I felt more too, like young puppies struggle.
Speaker 4: It's like you trod on a cat. This is shocking.
Speaker 1: I love myself under the like I felt.
Speaker 7: My face.
Speaker 1: Think there no, no, no, it is sped up my eyes.
Speaker 4: It feels like crash bandicoot.
Speaker 8: Oh I'm go go back.
Speaker 4: I feel like that bit there. It was like, oh that was as band.
Speaker 1: Think there no, no nothing there?
Speaker 4: Tell off a cliff who was nothing?
Speaker 1: Picking up the pages or whatever they are.
Speaker 4: On top of the boxes. They had to beep out the swear word I heard. One can't from.
Speaker 5: There's just too much going on.
Speaker 4: Get rid of it. I'm gonna have a fit too much that Who was that remix by Chester Locker ches to Locker and a Little Texas. Yeah, Chester Locker, Little Texas. Maybe get a trade. Yeah yeah, you've got no future in this ship. I wonder if there's any audio producers listening that can deliberately do a terrible remix of our opener. I'll send you all the assets. Just make it really fun?
Speaker 8: Do it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that challenge remix out. I couldn't do that.
Speaker 4: If I tried, I could not do that ship.
Speaker 1: I couldn't want Why have I just developed their hiccups? Oh? Folk, I've just been sitting here.
Speaker 5: It's the saxophone.
Speaker 1: Where did they come from? Okay, I'd actually love that. Do we want them to do Signed from Above energy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like the more fucking chaotic and senseless the better. When I was young, Shut out people, We'll do some weird shit. What about what about kirianker candilely fell several meters from Entropeese well before me in the mythical Pippen.
Speaker 1: Oh, just her fall on loop? Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh, they turn her fall into the Fox, the Fox century whatever it is, twenty first parents like.
Speaker 1: Ow ye o.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyone who's capable of that? Please?
Speaker 1: Do audio producers send it in? Should we make it the opener for next week or no? Because unknown listeners will freak the fuck out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we might have to preface something. I mean, one week could be a tight tournament. It could have taken what was his name, little chestnut, It could have taken that clown. He could have he could could have taken him years for all we know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could have. All right, Well, you've got time, guys.
Speaker 4: Speaking, let us know your deadline and we won't pay you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll work alongside you. Let's get out of here. Good show, guys, Thanks Keenan Linsdale for being here. What a superstar. Have been long in bed now but episode good episode, Leave us a review, five stars, Please keeps us going on the cloud. Win your self a commemorative mug. Mitch and I, as Jenna obviously wasn't on the cause we had previously discussed. Me and I have all but decided the plan to episode one hundred. Mitch. We're kind of mapped out, aren't we.
Speaker 4: Ah, Yeah, well, I mean to a degree. We've just that we don't know what we're doing in the episodes. We don't know when we're doing it. We're going to take a couple of weeks off after episode eighty six, I'm pretty sure, because we usually take a midyear break. This year, we were like, nah, that's not so, it'll be in October break. But then we're gonna we'll come back and soldier through till the end of season three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, all right, and thank you for listening.
Speaker 4: We love you.
Speaker 1: Stay safe, get vax congrats on getting waxed, Mitch.
Speaker 4: Thank Hemmy. I's a bit sore, but that's all right.
Speaker 1: You'll be fine, You'll be right. We'll see you guys next week. Stay safe, look after yourselves. Goodbye.
Speaker 4: I hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today. That's all. Just two percent, that's all we ask.
Speaker 1: All right, goodbye, very goodbye.
Speaker 4: Catch a scene bait?
Speaker 3: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 4: A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.