Speaker 1: I'd like to acknowledge the traditional owners on which this episode is being recorded, the combo marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where which have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place. Hello and welcome back to the RNC party. Happy Friday. Today we have part two of Q and A with Tim. Guys, these are your favorite episodes, they are They're my favorite two. A dear loved producing this and we chat about how we feel about stepping into our next level together. There was like a tricky question for me to answer because no one has ever asked me that. We also talk about how often we fight, how we deal with fighting, if Tim will ever go back to work. That question is word it's so funny. Tips on how to get your partner into self development, and a lot more. In this episode, Tim does chat about his coach and the current program he's doing, and we will link that in the show notes, just because I know you guys will probably ask, and it has been transformational for him, and just apps like this is something we've fully paid for ourselves, no spon con or anything like that, but it just it has been transforming for Tim, and I love giving credit where credit is due. I think you can hear the difference if you If anyone listens to the episode we did with Tim last year versus this two parter, you can you can really hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think so, Mmm, that's really cool. It's like it's cool that we have that evidence. I guess, yeah, yeah, I definitely. I felt like he was way more confident and I just even loved the points he brought to the combo. I was even like, oh, yeah, that's interesting. Yeah. But before we get into the show. A quick week update.
Speaker 2: Georgie, how's a week been?
Speaker 1: Why we all awk? Good? Oh my god, it's yeah. I've actually had one of the best weeks. Yay, it has been. I feel like because previous couple of weeks were a little bit, a little bit interesting. There was lots of internal things happening for me personally, there was a lot of like you know, even astrologically, and this week just feels lighter. I feel so clear, I feel so excited. I've had some really exciting meetings for NH and that no, can I give you a hint? No, we'll get murdered. And that was me really like stepping into like CEO Georgie, Yeah, I love that, like pitching the brand, talking about what makes us different, all those sorts of things. I could really feel like my passion cut getting filled up. And then also, guys, we had our first live call for Rebirth and how was that? I dear it was amazing. I literally was on the biggest high all day after it. And I actually like I felt like I was in a bit of a just like like a trance when I was on the call with the group. I really just like, I you know, said a little prayer before the call. I was just like, let it all come through, like let it be perfect. And I truly, I'm just so proud of myself how I showed up. I'm so proud of the group and how they showed up. And you can even like we've got such beautiful messages about like already feeling a shift. And it was really cute when one woman just explained that, you know, she had seen the workbook previously and answered it like just journaled on it. Yeah, And then I did the call and she said just the way I explained things and like transmuted the message. I guess she then went back and redid everything and just like had a whole different version of herself come up from my call. That's amazing, and that just makes me feel really good because I'm like, it really does matter how I show up and how I be and obviously I know that bit. Yeah, that was just some really amazing feedback and yeah, oh my god, I just I truly know how life changing this course is going to be for those involved. And we've already just had the most amazing feedback and I don't know, there's just something the energy of a live call is just something else.
Speaker 2: It isn't, Yeah, so give it too late to get in?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, So you can get in, but we've only got three more live calls, so if you want to be involved in the action and the magic, you can definitely jump in. But also if you can't make it for the live calls, it's so fine because they're all saved and recorded. So yeah, do not stress. But yeah, just a shout out to everyone involved in rebirth. I am so proud of you and just the magic in that group. It's just it's feeling it's feeling so so good.
Speaker 2: So it's amazing.
Speaker 1: That was my week.
Speaker 2: What about you? Pretty good? Life's just so normally at the moment, nothing crazy is happening. I'm not doing you know what I mean, And I'm just loving getting into a good routine and I'm experimenting with like coming to work earlier and then going to gym in the afternoon and playing around with that sort of stuff. I am joining a new gym and my condition wasn't needed an inferreds order and so it does. It's ten minutes from my house and it's twenty four seven, so I'm gonna be having a sauna more often.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, A tear literally messaged me the other night. I think it's a Saturday night, yeah, and she's like, oh my god, I just had a sauna as the best thing at that It literally was. I felt so good after.
Speaker 2: I had the best sleep that night. And I think, like, as much as i'd love to get when at my house is something I probably can't do at the moment, but still finding a way to get it in because it is now a priority for me.
Speaker 1: I love that. And it's interesting because I have a sauna at least three times a week. So when you said that, I was like, yeah, yeah, they're really good. But then I was like, oh no, Like I remember when I first started and being like wow, so I get what you're saying. And it's like, oh yeah, it's it's a vibe, isn't it. It's such a vibe. And now that I do it consistently, like I can just consistently feel like that, and it makes such a huge difference, such a sort of it.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, if I'm so to have a sauna three times a week, then I'll have to go to the gym, so I might as well, Like it'll get me to the gym. It's like, oh, it's a whole journey. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So ps A, Tia, we are giving away a sauna at n H for our birthday. I'm so jealous.
Speaker 2: I can't win it.
Speaker 1: And when this episode goes live, I'm pretty sure you guys have like one or two days to enter or you have to do a shop at end H and you could win a sauna or even four K cash.
Speaker 2: Guys, get on that.
Speaker 1: So if you're obsessed with saunas like me and a tear, now is the time to shop at NH. And just make sure you register your entry. Guys. If you do shop, there is just a link on the website. It's really easy, and just put your auto number in and register because for every fifty dollars you spend, you get one entry. So the more you spend, the more entries you get. And with that, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Did you see another side of each other after having IVY good or bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well just your maternal side.
Speaker 2: Oh actually yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I always knew Tim would be an amazing father, but to see Tim as a dad, as a girl dad has just been the most incredible journey. And like I've been through a journey, but to see Tim become a dad and just how he shows up for Ivy, how he role models for Ivy, how he cares for Ivy. I just can't explain that feeling. It's just, yeah, I just feel like I've seen such a beautiful side of you. And also, you know, even though we've had so many, you know, challenging times, it's like when you're going through a challenging time for a child you share together, you know, like it's very powerful, like the bond and that sort of thing. So yeah, I feel like I've seen a whole different side of you. I feel like you're a whole different person.
Speaker 3: Thanks, man, I appreciate that, and the same to you. Some reason in my head, I'm like, and that's me thing. It's like I thought I can say something negative about me or something like that.
Speaker 1: Are you baring?
Speaker 3: That's interesting? I know, that's an interesting perspective.
Speaker 1: That's a concept.
Speaker 3: Put a pin in that one, babe. We can talk about that later.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that tonight at dinner.
Speaker 3: Babe. Yeah, that's a meat problem. But yeah, I mean you have definitely stepped up in a way of juggling mum life and work life, which has been super hard for you because you're already fucking stressed out and busy enough as it is before we had Ivy. So it's like for you to be able to do, you know, mitigate these situations and you know your daily struggles to be able to come home and like show up for Ivy as well, it's like, yes, super special and I'm super proud of you for being able to do that.
Speaker 2: Thank you. How do you both handle moments of feeling resentful towards each other?
Speaker 1: We talk about it. I just tell them straight up and like I did the other night, I was like, I'm actually feeling a bit fucking pissed off that you're going to golf tomorrow and I'm feeling really stressed and emotional about my week. And then we unpack it and we talk about it, and then it's also we came to the conclusion or I did, of I need to sharedule my week better in work, because I had just put a lot of things on myself that you know, probably weren't needed. I probably didn't need to attend all the meetings, I probably didn't need to do all the things in the business, but I had such a I need to do this. So really that resentment was really to myself, but I was projecting it onto Tim because it's the easiest thing to do is project and to put responsibility on someone else. So I feel like, if you're feeling resentful towards your partner, really have a think about where you're resentful towards yourself.
Speaker 2: And before you guys sort of opened up conversations like that, did you work through it on your own or did you find the resentment building up? How did that first conversation.
Speaker 3: Both doing PD, I'd just.
Speaker 1: Be you know, I don't know why you keep calling your PD. Every time he says that, I've got to like really think what he's talking about, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he does. Yeah, I mean I would just be passive aggressive, and like we did really hold that resentment and it came out in toxic ways, like we would just have like a like a screen magele or something, or it would come out in spiteful ways, yes, fieful ways, or like we might lose our temp with IVY, Which is like why making things so worked up over this little thing is because it's from like this over here, coming from me holding resistance from a situation that happened a few days ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's the biggest thing we've realized since you know, Tim's got into this and we've really started unpacking our feelings. Is like a lot of the motions you feel in that moment actually don't belong to that moment, and they usually are built up from other areas. You just don't You're like just at your limit, and it's like it's just, you know, the straw that breaks the camel's back, like it.
Speaker 3: Would came out like we didn't because before obviously we didn't know how to channel our anger, did we really? And then now it's like we're still working it out, but at least we can channel it by essentially just putting emotions out at the table. It's like that's how we get our our feelings and angery in a sense.
Speaker 2: Our next question, how does it feel stepping into this next level together? New cars, a chef, etc.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Tim, how's your new car? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love it?
Speaker 1: Full up question on your new car?
Speaker 2: Did you buy a car without telling Georgie?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I literally you already told everyone on the podcast. Can you take us through your thought process there?
Speaker 3: Oh, just so excited I was like, minute, I'm getting it. Let's just speak clear. I didn't actually buy. I put a deposit on it, Okay, didn't.
Speaker 1: The refundable deposit.
Speaker 3: No, well listen, it's like I knew it was going to happen, so I just put the deposit on it and it was good.
Speaker 2: And how did you bring that up? Did you tell you? I think?
Speaker 1: Did you lie about me? He fucking texts me about it?
Speaker 3: Babe. This is literally in the past.
Speaker 1: We just.
Speaker 3: Fully channeled it out. I don't even know what happened. It was all blow. It was like this and then this and then this. It's like you know that meme where it's like your phone gets wet and it's like, oh my god, I'm shopping and I don't know what I just brought a car. It's like, for gotta know. Next minute, I.
Speaker 1: Do think it's funny. Oh yeah, well no, I think to get back to the question, me and him have known each other since we were no. I know, baby, you know we're so young. So it's really funny because when I talk to people about our lifestyle, you know, like I remember a time where I was at university and working full time, but like and I was struggling, you know, to pay rent, and you know Tim would be like, help me out to pay for something, or you know, we've really come from you know, that place of nothing and having to really build our future together. So you know, it really does feel like, fuck, is this our life?
Speaker 3: M It's like it's almost slug.
Speaker 1: Good analogy and then quit. And then other moments it's not like we've just stepped into this life. This has been so gradual, Like if you think about it, Naked Harvest is for before that, I was, you know, training to be a lawyer. Like, we have taken gradual steps into our reality. So a lot of the time it does feel really like, of course, this is our life, and then other times it's like, holy shit, is this our life? I think a lot of the time, how often do we say Tim, like when we look out at our view of like oh my god, I can't believe this is our house, or like this is our view, or like we have so many moments like that of being like surreal, Wow, this is our reality. Because you know, it's even funny we're talking about just five years ago we were in our little townhouse in Holland Park, you know, getting married only five years ago. Yeah, and there's a little, you know, two bedroom townhouse that was sizes of a shoe box, so cute and so like it's funny because it's like been fast but also not really. So we have so many moments where I'm like, oh my god, this is our life, and then so many moments of like knowing how hard you know, we've both worked and how hard we've you know, worked on this very specific reality. And then like even the chef thing, I remember I sat on that and thought about that for like six months before getting one, Yeah, being like I need this, inquiring knowing the price, being like now we can't do it, we can just cook, and then having like so many meltdowns in the kitchen of like me and Tim trying to cook, and then like me coming home from big work day, and then Tim's trying to cook, and then I, you know, like all these things and this and it being like, no, this is the thing. So it's like I think a lot of people might see social media and think, oh my god, it's just it's always been their life, but not knowing the steps and like what happens behind the scenes and how long things you know, sometimes take and what goes into it and like the amount of times I've got a journal and something and yeah, all those sorts of things to doesn't share that with me. But sure, no cars, this is why I'm gonna work.
Speaker 3: Hey, but I am good at selling them. So that's a that's for some reason, I don't know what I'm really good at selling stuff? Would you not agree? It's like weird thing that I do. That's like motal So.
Speaker 1: Tim sell stuff on the marketplace and out cars and stuff, and he just he's great at selling for some reason.
Speaker 3: It's like the universe is just like people always want to come to me, like by style. If you want to sell anything, I'll just sell it for you.
Speaker 1: And he's really good at selling stuff.
Speaker 3: To which maybe she just start like a selling business. Just like hey, you want to sell your ship.
Speaker 1: Stop, you don't fucking have the time right, sit back down.
Speaker 3: Sell your ship. Don't come. This is the official like advertising forman stop. So everyone, just if you want to email hello at Rosen Conker podcast. If anyone wants to sell their ship, you either get me or you're going to see you sell it and it'll be gone with But it's going to be gone within two weeks. Anything, anything will sell it.
Speaker 1: At the time that we joke to my parents that we were going to sell our dogs and they were like, you can't sell the dogs them. We're going to sell them in my place.
Speaker 3: That was funny.
Speaker 1: We're joking. We would never sell out pressure pressure as little babies.
Speaker 2: All right, So next question is Tim going back to work at all? And I've been to daycare, Tim going.
Speaker 1: Back to work when I goes to school, Well, I think, well, Tim reckins, he's retired.
Speaker 3: That's it. On the tour.
Speaker 1: That's literally what he tells people when you're on holidays. But he's retired.
Speaker 3: It's like my go to line. I'm like, They're like, what do you do for work. I'm like, well, I'm actually retired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what, you're retired and he looks after a one year old like that.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, pretty much retired. I'm like, no, it's not retirement at all.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he is going into daycare probably one day a week soon to test it out for her development. We think it would be really good, like for her to be around other kids, and then it will give Tim one day a week.
Speaker 3: For himself because weekends is like pretty much strictly.
Speaker 1: Family now, family time, which is.
Speaker 3: Like super important, it's like needed.
Speaker 1: Yes, but he's no, he's not going to go back to work on that one day. He would just like, I'll just do be a lady of leisure.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll probably I'll do my golf day on that one day off and then it'll be like do some cool stuff, do a bit of study. Yeah, just like because that's super important, like just me t for me to like recharge for the week. But like that's my one day off will be during the week.
Speaker 1: And then also he's one day where he can get some ship done because like, as you know, trying to get shit done with the child's very hard.
Speaker 3: They probably have to mow the lawn as well. So like I do inside the house and I do outside the house.
Speaker 1: No one feels sorry. They do.
Speaker 3: I don't think understands that they don't feel sorry.
Speaker 1: I think they love you. But it like hen going back to the question would you ever go back to work and.
Speaker 3: What would you do? M So, I now have a bit of an idea I now have.
Speaker 1: Do you want to tell people you don't well, should we leave them on.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, like I have, so before doing this core stuff. I didn't really have any idea of what I wanted to do when I when I went back to work, or if I was going to get back to work now figuring out sort of my purpose, I'd sort of have a bit of idea like what I would like to do moving forward, but I think it's like, yeah, I'm still working on it. So I don't want to say what it is. If that makes sense, should we just tell them?
Speaker 2: Can you share, well everyone, what your purpose is? I feel like that'd be intrigue. Share your purpose?
Speaker 3: So my purpose, my purpose. Let me get my notes, Let me get my notes. I've got notes everywhere through this phone. I've got notion on my phone. I got audible, he's got notion socause. I just want to get this, like absolutely down back.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're waiting, all right, all right, so this is like this is it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: The short version? So my purpose is to empower men to be more emotionally intelligent and to leave people better off than before I met them. I actually saw that from Jamie a little bit, because when I heard that, that's so.
Speaker 1: Mean, I told him Jamie's and he goes, oh my god, that's my purpose. I love the first part of that too. So even me and Tim discuss a lot of like because what you know he talks about is like him wishing he had a lot of these tools when he was younger. So even like Tim would love to be involved in maybe you know, younger males and helping them in regards to their emotional intelligence and having those tools.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. That'd be super cool and whatever that means in whatever way. But something along those lines, the universe will working towards that.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I think that's beautiful, bab, that's really incredible.
Speaker 2: Our next question, how often do you fight and how do you resolve them?
Speaker 3: I feel like we've been fighting heaps less. Would you say.
Speaker 1: I was, Oh, have we felt pretty good?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I honestly think since you have been doing this personal development, I don't think we've had a proper fight.
Speaker 3: We talk, i'd say fights out about ego, which is not actually a fight. Let's just say what you go talking.
Speaker 1: I think you're trying to say. In moments, of course, we have emotion and we have you know, conversations with each other, and we'll get heated and whatnot. But I feel like we haven't had like a fight where you know, you're like lingering passive aggression. Yeah, and you're like, I don't know. I just feel like we haven't had those fights because we always sought it out in a way. And even what happened the other day and I just said to you, I a hundred like I agree with what you're saying, or I don't know, I can't really remember what it was about, but I just said, I'm just dealing with a lot at the moment, and I just like would rather not speak about it.
Speaker 3: And then I was like I respect that, and then like almost like you know, I say, thank you for telling me that, and it does mean a lot.
Speaker 1: And Tim did say, and it's he wrote some stuff down and he said, when you're ready to talk about it, let's talk about it. He wrote some notes.
Speaker 3: I've got the notes. I'm a notes man.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I think it's so important because otherwise I just forget it. So if it's there, I'm like, oh man, we can tap back into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then also so like for me, I'll if I George, like something annoys me with George, I'll like I'll hold it, and then I know we're going to have that chat at night and then I'll say this and like what you did today like really frustrated me, and then sort of go through the emotions and then yeah, just like that will be us getting our emotions out instead of having a screaming match and just actually like just talking how we felt instead of been like, ah, fuck you you know this and that it's like, yeah, just literally talking like the very calm voice.
Speaker 1: Even it was Sunday and I could tell you were getting a bit frustrated, and you even kind of snapped at me at one moment, and I just didn't respond because and then it was maybe ten minutes after you said I could really feel I was in my ego then, and I apologize and I just I didn't respond, whereas previous me would have snapped back. But because we're so much more, I know he's not doing it because he's just trying to be a dick. I know he's clearly frustrated about something. So I feel like our reactivity has gotten so much better where I don't feel the need to react because I'm like, he's having a hard enough time with whatever he's dealing with, and I know that we're going to bring it up later so I just don't feel the need to react. But then most of the time, nine times out of ten, we'll even be like, oh, look, I apologize, I didn't mean to. And it's even so funny because I notice myself doing that of like, you're not reacting and me being like, and now I have to apologize. No, But it's not it's not even silent. I wouldn't even say you don't do that, because I don't believe in silent treatment. It's but it's the I know I've overstepped, and even if I don't apologize in a moment, the fact that I know we're going to talk about it later, like being.
Speaker 2: Like, how do you feel being at the stay at home parent now that you're in the trenches as in I think like actually having to do it now, like.
Speaker 3: As in like being tht in the deep end or most a yeah, and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, it's your reality.
Speaker 2: It's not just like I'm going to stay at home with Ivy. It's like you're actually at.
Speaker 1: Home with Ivy now that you're a stay at home dad. What do you how do you feel.
Speaker 3: About it now it's all happening. Yeah, I guess it's like it's fucking hard.
Speaker 2: Like it is.
Speaker 3: And it's I mean, hats off to all them, all the mums that fucking stay home with their kids or dads or dad's brother. Obviously it's a bit more rareer my case, but yeah, it's fucking hard.
Speaker 1: Well that's even for example, and I notice our conditioning so much because even I fall in the pattern of even to get to this podcast, like Tim had to wait till Ivy woke up, and then our dogs are getting a haircut, so he had to pick them up up, pick them up, and then he came here and the dogs are here, and it's all stressful, and Tim's a bit flustered and stressed. And I made the comment of are you stressed because you had to do your two things or you know, something like that, which not appropriate, And I do apologize to making that comment. It was joke.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that was very interesting comment.
Speaker 1: He did put in his phone.
Speaker 3: This is gonna come up to not.
Speaker 1: You see us, I know, and I do apologize because that's not appropriate. And what your comment back was like, you have no idea, and it's so true. Like the other day my girlfriend was like, let's go for a walk of their baby's and she was even coming to me, and so I had to walk down you know, our hill where we leave, and she's like, I'll be there in half an hour, and Ivy had just woken up, and to like get Ivy up to feed her, to back the bag, and then she did fucking pooh and then this and then that, and it took me so long, and I like was running down the hill. And yeah, honestly, I can say, obviously I've been a mom for eighteen months now, and happily I can say, even though I run to seven eight figure you know, businesses with twenty staff and all all the things, being a parent is the hardest job. Can easily say. Anytime Tim's like we have a joke and Tim goes, should we swap? And I go, no, I'm not swapping. You'ret called DIBs and I no take backs, and.
Speaker 3: It is I guess it's like I do like the aspect that it is challenging and like every day is different, but yeah, it's still I can't even explain our of this. Some days, like emotionally and mentally, I'll be like, at the end of the day, I'll be like so emotionally drained, Like I don't even want to talk at night, I just want to sit there you see me, like in a flak jacket in the corner. So yeah, but it's so rewarding at the same time, it's like, obviously she's getting that a stage now where she can like she's like Richie's few stuff because she knows that you're her dad or she knows that you're her mum, and just like and she'll come to you the biggest cuddle at night. She'll just like cuddle you on the count. It's just like, oh, all these hard moments are like just for that, you know, even five seconds, if that happens, it's all worth it.
Speaker 1: Do you wait? Prefer this toddles stage compared to the newborn stage?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so much, babe. That's like a no brainer.
Speaker 1: I know so much better. I say this every month Ivy gets older, I'm like, oh, this is my favorite month. Just keeps getting better. And that's like if you're listening to this and you're like you're in the newborn trenches or you know the things, just know like it just I know everyone says it, but it does. It Just it gets better and you find your feet and you find yourself and you know your relationship and all the things.
Speaker 2: And yeah, next question, what activities does Tim do with Ivy during the week, Like playgroup, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, so no playgroups yet. We just muck around together, me in the eyves. So what we'll do is like general activities, like we'll go for a bit of an afternoon swim in our spa, do some happy laps, which include me throwing her in the pool.
Speaker 1: Or her jumping off the edge.
Speaker 3: Jumping off the edge, she has no fear by the way, just like and she just like she'll think she's going to catch her, so she should just run it and like if you won't look, and she's just going to fall straight the pool.
Speaker 1: So concerning, it's actually concerning other than that, I haven't said that.
Speaker 3: I mean other than that, like, well, we'll go to the park. We'll do a few daily park trips sometimes.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I've been in three parks today.
Speaker 3: Or she's just like and then that's the thing, like you gotta find what's like you're going to figure out like what your baby's like, Like you might not have a very active baby and you can just chill and just like you do more intellectual, you know, activities, whereas like Ivy is quite active, so I'll to take her to the park and then she'll just like and then we'll do things at the park, and then she gets interact with other kids.
Speaker 1: And yeah, what you were saying the other day, you were booking a doctor's appointment, and I was like, Oh, why don't you go to this doctor's place that was closer to our house? And Tim was like, oh no, I like going to this doctor's place because it's further to our house. But he's like, the place has a play center for her, so he'll, like, you know, if he has to do things like go to the doctor or like I don't know, do mundane you know, errands, he will send her around. Well what can I do for Ivy two during that time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's like what I got to think about now, because like you've seen firsthand, is like she she won't sit here, Like she will sit here for maximum five seconds and then she gets up and just wants to do like she can't sit still.
Speaker 1: Tim was getting my Mother's Day president the other day and he said, Ivy ran out of like Pete Aller Exander like three times while he was trying to pay.
Speaker 3: And like the same. But like I thought it was fucking hilarious. So I'd be like running after and she'd look back.
Speaker 2: She'd be like.
Speaker 3: Running, and then I'll be like grab her. She's like, ah, I'm like money. This is literally I'm just trying to buy your mum a knife Month's Day President and just taking me off like fucking three hours just to do it. But yes, that's all the joys. So like, yeah, I guess there's very active activities to keep her entertained and to weary out so she has a good sleep because she's actually dropped. No, I don't want to control the.
Speaker 1: Next question.
Speaker 2: This is a really good one. I struggle to get my husband on board to have deeper conversations, but I'm desperate for some How do I get him to join?
Speaker 1: You take the lead on this, babe? Your purpose?
Speaker 3: All right, well, let's just do three three three hints, three tips, three tips from Tim. One is you know holding space, Like if you love your partner, of course you want like what's you know what they want? So it's like you got to, Yeah, you gotta hold some space for them. Just have that time where it's just you and you and them so they can get their their emotions out basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Second tip is like you know, you gotta start. You've got to step into your your modern alpha male that's what I like to call it. So it's like your step into your emotional intelligence and actually let go of your ego and just sit there and actually yeah, just like really tap into what your partner is trying to say and actually connect with them. Mmmm.
Speaker 1: And number three I would say, like you should think about the questions you're asking them because you know, for example, if I was to ask you without you doing anything, tim what is your purpose, We're probably not going to get into, you know, a certain conversation, so it's maybe not going so deep so fast of like maybe going to other questions that you can just get a layer of of for example, hey, you know when you do this, how do you feel? Or something a bit simpler, something more like entry point, some conversation cards, some self discovery guards.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I think the questions are quite important.
Speaker 3: Definitely, and highlight questions and like another probably like the biggest hip actually now I'm thinking about it, is it's okay to feel vulnerable, like especially the ruand your loved one. It's like men still hold this like thing. It's like, say, for instance, you know, he's probably in his ego a little bit. He doesn't want to like show fear because he's going to feel like less masculine to his wife. But that, honestly the opposite of that is what you should should be doing, is like you should be like giving into that emotion, to that vulnerability where it's like, yeah, putting it all out on the table, because that's what's going to help you with that connection with your partner.
Speaker 2: Well quick by the last few questions next on knowing what you do now? Do you wish you waited longer to have a child? No way, Nah, it comes with the perfect.
Speaker 1: I truly believe in divine timing, and I truly believe that it's like life happens for me. So I just would not change anything in my life. Amazing, And I couldn't imagine not having the life we have now, or the challenges or the relationship or ivy or just everything. Like, I just would never regret it ever.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, Are you nervous to have another child and go back through the newborn stage? Oh yeah, a little bit, even saying that I feel like we're so well equipped now after having colic baby and like knowing what we know now.
Speaker 1: So if anything, I'm probably like less nervous because I'm like, oh, I actually know what to do now because it'll be also yeah, but also I'm going to straight away get Susie the sleep Goddess, the sleep queen, straight away get help. Was before I like waited, it was only yeah, yeah, I just yeah, I say bring it on, but also not keen on doing it anytimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like we'll be ready for when we're ready.
Speaker 2: Our second last question, Tim, what is Georgie's worst habit?
Speaker 3: In the toilet?
Speaker 1: It was on the ground.
Speaker 3: I know, I.
Speaker 1: Did know what they were like on the floor, and I was taking them off to get in my gym tires, you know what I mean, like that sort of thing. No, that's not Yeah, probably I'm because I'm not very clean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess it's like the cleanest thing because it's like.
Speaker 1: Ideal date night grilled. It's just when we have time to ourselves, when we have a big space of time where it's just me and Tim. Honestly, it doesn't matter. We recently we did a picnic like we've been on holidays that it's just whenever we have space and we have time to connect.
Speaker 3: A lot of the time, like yeah, like in nature and it's just.
Speaker 1: Your nature, yeah, with some grilled.
Speaker 2: In nature with.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how much like I have changed, really like in a way of like because I was just had that trading mindset, you know, like.
Speaker 2: The you know like this, and do you feel like that's changed now or like very recently or angel.
Speaker 3: Well, like gradually obviously from quitting my trading job and then going into naked harbers stuff, which was like sort of the icebreaker of me not having to work, you know with a whole bunch of other dudes and like sort of of integrating like you know, started to work with women and then started to you know, have a different sort of role that I had to play out job wise, and then obviously transitioning into and then but even from then transitioning into having a baby and then just being alone with the baby. I think it was a pretty good transition. I think I would have struggled a lot more if I was just went from straight trading hanging out with fifty dudes a day a day, you know, having the trading chat like this, and that going straight to looking after a baby would have been pretty hectic.
Speaker 2: That would have actually been nuts. Our last three questions, what is your favorite part of getting to do parenthood on your own terms?
Speaker 3: I guess my favorite part is I get to do within reason, like whatever I want every day, which is pretty good. Like, and I like to mix things up because I like to do different things. I don't like to do the same thing. I was brought up. We literally our family holidays, we went to the exact same camp, so for like fifteen years straight. So I was it was actually like really I was very conditioned to doing the same shit all the time, and I was like when I finally realized, I'm like, oh my god, I just I just hate doing that. I like doing different things and it's so cool that I can like do that for Ivy and like show her that you can do different things growing up, you know. So yeah, we like we hit the road and we do heaps of different stuff.
Speaker 2: That's so funn Yeah, what's your favorite, like most random thing you've done with it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Actually, I think the most random thing I've done with Ivy is just one day I was like, fuck it, was such a perfect day. I'm like, oh, I remember, like when I was a bit younger, you just love going down to Byron Bay. So I was like, that's it. And we packed up one morning even like id even wasn't even planning, took Ivy down to buy and we had like little dam and Byron Bay by ourselves, like I had it in like the front carrier, like walking around Byron. I think it was like her first winter, so she was a little rugged up and it was she was just like loving. Oh gosh, yeah, it was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Second last question, what is the best advice you've ever been given from anyone about anything?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a really good question almost, Like the main thing is like, you know, trust yourself, like you're on the right path and you're in the right moment exactly when you're meant to be in that right moment, like right now, meant to be in this podcast and studio talking to you, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, yeah, it's and it all and it'll all come together like in maybe three months, I'll be like, oh, it's so cool. I've got to talk about that in the podcast. You don't be abuse that information will be able to do something for that in you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. Our last question, what is one core belief you hold close to your heart?
Speaker 3: I guess like one of my core beliefs is like, treat people how you would want to be treated. I think that's probably like good one, one of the one that stuck with me, I think the most of the most I think about. I mean, that's what it's like a nice person, Yeah, because it's like I would expect them to treat me like that as well.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Thank you for your time today, Tim. We've loved having body, I love podcasting.
Speaker 1: We'll have to get you on more. I thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.