Speaker 1: Laura, Come on, Hi, Hi, guess what day it is? Guys, guess what that means?
Speaker 2: Late night shopping?
Speaker 1: No, yes, but no, something bigger, something that is going to stop the world.
Speaker 3: Tonight is the Women's.
Speaker 1: World Cup football slash soccer, and our very own Matildas are playing.
Speaker 3: They're playing against Ireland.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely huge and they're the biggest crowds these now for women. I'm so excited for it because women in sport have taken a little while to get, you know, to the level of men.
Speaker 3: But these are sellout crowds like these.
Speaker 1: Are pumped up people that are going to be there cheering our very own I tried to get tickets and couldn't.
Speaker 2: Also trust this little soccer fanatic over here to be all excited about it going on tonight.
Speaker 1: We can I know the rules properly yet, but I'm working on No. I'm really excited for them. I think it's amazing for women's sport and amazing for our very own matildas well.
Speaker 2: We have a pretty big question for Ask and Cut today. We have a caller whose parna is currently still married, and I want to know would you be okay with that? Is there a circumstance where maybe you might yeah, to let that slide.
Speaker 4: Is the ring still on the finger light? You have to double stat still live together?
Speaker 3: Is it fair?
Speaker 2: It's not a polyamorous relationship. We just have to wait and see what.
Speaker 4: All right, that's coming up. Plus, if you want to go to Taylor Swift, she's coming down under, like imagine Taylor Swift live like you're get a bit of like, oh imagine that.
Speaker 1: Ah, Taylor Swift so hard.
Speaker 2: I've spent so long trying to get tickets. It was demoralizing so.
Speaker 4: Many people did that was that's why we're doing this. We've got a whole row. We've reserved a full row of tickets for you and your friends at Taylor's Air is the tour?
Speaker 3: I us to just go.
Speaker 4: No, we got tickets and we've got connections.
Speaker 2: I think we might get fired if we do that. I think we've got them to give away.
Speaker 4: I'm lucky listeners, we've got our own. But your chance at a full row of Taylor tickets coming up as we start to pick up around the country thanks to chemists warehouse heading today great savings every day. All right, it is Thursday. Back here with the pickup it's brit it's Laura. It's Mitch rushing to Chemists Warehouse today. Half price off the Bio Gland Vitamins range. It excludes bog sizes. Chemists Warehouse. They have got great savings and they've got it every day.
Speaker 1: Ask our cat it's time for therapy Thursday. Ask Uncut, something we do on our podcast Life on Cut every single week where you guys write in or call up with your deepest, darkest burning questions.
Speaker 3: We've got one today. It's a pretty good one. It's Michelle Michelle.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, guys, Hi Michelle, Hi, What is the problem?
Speaker 5: Look? I have been with my man for around four years now. He isn't divorced. We've got kids that we share like you know, that live with us. We've got a great living environment and all that sort of jazz. But he won't get divorced. It's been over four years. He's really close with his ex, which makes me a little bit nervous, you know, the gut feeling that us girls get. Every time I ask him when you're going to get divorced? He comes up with a silly excuse. It's either I haven't got time or the cost.
Speaker 4: I think it just keeps on putting it off.
Speaker 2: To be fair, if you're someone who's very bad with admint or paperwork, it's something that like I can't be.
Speaker 3: As been married for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: I've been married since November. I can't be bothered to change my name, got to go to birthday and marriages.
Speaker 3: It's just too hard now.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. It's all on an app these days, Like I just changed my address, took me two seconds.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think it is it comes from him not wanting to do the admin side of it, or do you think that he still potentially holds a flame.
Speaker 5: Oh, she hasn't moved on as such, and apparently she did cheat on him, but I don't really know the full details, all that sort of jazz. But it's just I don't know. I don't know if that you know in my gut that feeling is like, oh, I think I think it's time for me to give him an automatum.
Speaker 4: You got to listen to that feeling. If you've got that feeling, it's not going to go away. That feeling doesn't disappear without a conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, my worry is that feeling doesn't disappear with a divorce either, like you could get him to sign his LifeWay and divorce. But if they still have feelings for each other, those feelings are still going to be there whether they're technically married or not.
Speaker 4: Do they talk still, Michelle? Are they still chatting?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, they've got kids together, so of course they chat. They've got a good relationship with that. But they are grown up kids.
Speaker 2: And you're living together.
Speaker 5: Did you say, yes, we are living together. We've been living together a few years now.
Speaker 2: Has he given you any indication as to when the two of you might get engaged and get married?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Oh, Michelle, sorry, like you sound so sweet. He needs to commit to you or he needs to commit to the cheating X And you can't just live a life waiting for him to decide if he wants you. If it means something to you, it should mean something to him. I'm firm on that.
Speaker 2: If they're in a good place now in their friendship, he probably doesn't want to have to go down the hole, like you know, sitting down and having the divorce conversation again, even though they are separate and divorced. But I think maybe, I don't know, maybe an ultimatum might mean that he has to make some big decisions. You need to get a divorce or we need to decide what we're doing with our relationship.
Speaker 4: Does Michelle, does he know how much it means to you that that that he hasn't got divorced yet.
Speaker 5: Well, I do have like a semi what a vision board of what my wedding should be like.
Speaker 6: So I.
Speaker 4: Kitchen splashback is made of cork, and there's photos of us.
Speaker 2: There's a shared pinterest. Michelle packages around said the scenes in a rat bag.
Speaker 4: Sorry, he needs to divorce her now?
Speaker 5: Oh no, And you know when you're saying about the admin thing, he's up to date with his taxes, so I know that he's fine with admin.
Speaker 2: You know, I think you know it's ultimatum time the tomato.
Speaker 4: All right, Michelle, it's tough. It's a big thing to do, but you.
Speaker 3: Deserve of your wedding.
Speaker 1: But do it live on the rail that interest, get married on radio?
Speaker 2: Keep us up data, Okay, all right, we'll do thank you, thank You show.
Speaker 4: They're always the hardest ones, aren't the When they're such a sweetheart and you want the best like I want the best.
Speaker 3: She was so nice.
Speaker 2: My mom was married for a really long time. Obviously got divorced from my stepdad. Separated, but they were still married for like ten years before they actually got divorced, just never spoke.
Speaker 4: To each other. Did your mom have a new partner.
Speaker 2: She had a new partner. The only reason why they got divorced was because he wanted to get remarried. But they just were separated and never spoke to which.
Speaker 3: I guess that's the whole point, right, She wants to get married and she because he won't do it. Yeah, amazing as an excuse.
Speaker 4: This is like Boons and Boons and one of those novels, the sex novels. That's what it sounds like your life, Laura fifty. You've got a question that you need our help with. Where else would you go? Slide into our DMS at the pickup or our website the pickup dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: You could go to someone qualified, or you could come to us.
Speaker 3: Why would they do that? Come here?
Speaker 4: Why bother? Come here?
Speaker 6: You do it?
Speaker 4: Laundry on the air, all right. Next, if you're after a row of Taylor Swift tickets are as world too, we got your chance. Coming up at the pickup Thursday on the pickup Britt, Laura and Mitch thanks to Chemists warehouse heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 2: You know there's one thing that everybody hates.
Speaker 4: Oh yep, just one, just one thing.
Speaker 2: Every single person out they hates it.
Speaker 4: We can all agree and let's all say at the same time.
Speaker 3: Sonny, small talk.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, small talk were all having. We all have to do it at different times. No one's particularly good at it, and everybody hates it.
Speaker 4: To be honest, a bunch of radio announces you think I'm pretty I excel with small talk.
Speaker 2: I'm great at small time. Yeah, but no one likes doing it. No one would put down on their resime excellent. Making small talk.
Speaker 4: Kind of gets me going. I really enjoy small.
Speaker 3: Talk, you guys, and both it's because she talks so much.
Speaker 2: Continue Laura, Okay, So I had and I look, I can do it. Do I love it? Do I thrive in the environment of small talk? Probably not? But I had possibly the world's most awkward small talk.
Speaker 4: Where was it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: How did my girlfriend's Hen's part on the weekend? And part of that Hen's party was we had a stripper in a very very small, little two by one room. We were doing karaoke.
Speaker 3: What are you doing with a stripper in a two by one?
Speaker 2: So we were in doing we were doing karaoke in a phone booth in a tiny room, toilet cubicle karaoke. The music goes off in he walks with the speaker, and he's quite a good looking young Brazilian man, like this is probably the most attractive striper I've ever seen. And then he starts doing his thing and gets down to nothing as they do, but I mean like nothing.
Speaker 3: Oh she was shocked. The stripper stripped right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no one prepares you for what happens next. You kind of expect the stripping part, but no one expects for when he's finished, he turns the music off. Yeah, you're all sitting there in a quiet karaoke room and he has to just get dressed, so he's to leave.
Speaker 4: To leave. Oh, you've all just like groped him and laughed.
Speaker 2: Everyone's laughed. It's all been high energy. And then he asks for his money, so you hand him cash and then he he's then transfer bro putting his socks on, and then he gats to get another singlet because he's ripped his singlet in half and then you have to sit there and make small talk with the guy. And I was like, Hi, so, how long have you been in Australia for? Do you buy your singlets in bulk packs?
Speaker 5: Oh? My god?
Speaker 3: You're like, so what else do you do with your time?
Speaker 2: I was like, what do you do when you're not stripping on a Saturday night? He was like, I'm a carpenter. Oh we had naked.
Speaker 4: For you're getting the bus home. You'll be cold. Just that g string, just.
Speaker 3: That little piece of floss, now do?
Speaker 2: I said to I said, does your mother know that you're stripping?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: I realized as I was saying yeah, because he was like, I'm from Brazil. You know, my parents don't know.
Speaker 3: Why did you ask him though?
Speaker 1: Because I was like, she's parents don't know, doesn't matter, she's small talk panicked thirteen.
Speaker 4: Can you top this small talk? This is Laurie. You made it just just like say thanks for your service, and.
Speaker 2: Then sitting there in silence while he puts his clothes on makes it seems so dirty.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. Does your mom know you do this?
Speaker 4: Just same?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't shaming him. I was just I was making small talk, and I was trying to establish that I was a mum because I didn't want him to get the wrong idea. And I was like, I was like, oh, yeah, you know I have kids, and I was like, but they're not traveling yet.
Speaker 4: It was horrible. Oh my god. My dad, Steph is called on thirteen sixty five. He Steph, what happened with your awkward small talk?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's just I just find it so awkward every time I'm getting laser done.
Speaker 5: The legs are.
Speaker 6: Fine when you're doing your underarmed fine, but as soon as you get to the Brazilian it just gets awkward. And you're like, so the weather's some good today, isn't it always so awkward?
Speaker 4: Bianca? Hello, what happened with your awkward small talk? Was it bad? Bianca?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 7: I was walking along, I needed to go to the bathroom. Struck up a conversation with a lady and she walked into the bathroom with me, and she just kept going and I needed to go to the actual bath room.
Speaker 3: We can read between the lines, yeap.
Speaker 7: I just needed to focus and do my saying, and she just kept going and I was like, bathroom medicate, lady, come on.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to do that. Hey, like, why would you talk when people? I guess it's to cover the sounds, right.
Speaker 2: But nobody wants to have a chat while they're doing a poop to a stranger.
Speaker 4: Oh god, no, that's that is mortified.
Speaker 1: I could do it easily, but I am a professional at small talk, and I can multitask.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I just I open TikTok really loud and then play play play some videos so that no one can hear the PLoP.
Speaker 2: No, because that's even weirder. There's nothing weirder than hearing someone listening to things on their phone.
Speaker 1: A public toilet, it's better to be if there's three cubicles and there's people doing poops, it's better to have some.
Speaker 3: Background music playing the dead silence.
Speaker 2: And just just because you're good at small talk doesn't mean that there's areas or places that it should be done.
Speaker 4: One of them is in the toilet, all right. Next, big changes coming to the Bachelor format. You guys know and love the Bachelor, the TV show.
Speaker 2: Thet's trying everything.
Speaker 4: Well, oh they got a Bachelor and he got osteoporosis. That's all I'm I'm going to say. We'll unpack the casting of the new bach Tol the next on the Pickup, He's the Pickup first day afternoon Britt, Laura and Mitch here are thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today get half priced off the Bio Gland Vitamins range. It excludes bog sizes. Chemists Warehouse, Great savings every.
Speaker 3: Day, guys.
Speaker 1: There is huge news in the Bachelor world. And when I say the Bachelor world, I mean the TV show The Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Laura, you feel of your life. I got dumped on National TV. We've all been there.
Speaker 4: I've watched it.
Speaker 2: I'm familiar with the format.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, they've been trying a lot of things over the years, you know, mixing it up a little bit. There is a brand new format that I reckon is the golden ticket to The Bachelor, because.
Speaker 4: Let's be real, the ratings on that show they haven't been incredible recently.
Speaker 2: I think it still does reasonably well overseas, but within Australia it's been struggling.
Speaker 3: Oh last year.
Speaker 1: Well in America on the ABC, they've just announced a brand new Bachelor and they have called him the Golden Bachelor. The reason he's called the Golden Bachelor is because it's for people in their sunset years of life. It is for the older people to go and find love again. Now they've announced Grandpa, I love Jerry Turner, who is seventy one years old.
Speaker 4: Such a grand partner.
Speaker 3: Can show him. He's actually so handsome looking.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's got hearing it.
Speaker 3: He's seventy one.
Speaker 1: He married his high school sweetheart and she passed away in twenty seventeen, so they were married for forty three years. So you know, he's a bloody good man. You know, he loves relationships. You know, he's loving and caring. He's very handsome. Probably spent a little bit too much time in the solarium, but apart from that, yeah, everything is channeling Donald Trumpy vibe.
Speaker 2: But he's h it's just golden. I think it's the filter they've put over him. Although I would like to say that if I look like this at seventy one years old, like literally, if I look exactly like him at seventy one, I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: I'd be sold.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll have a listen to this.
Speaker 7: He doesn't have great he has wisdom highlights.
Speaker 3: Florida wants to.
Speaker 2: Retire and move to him.
Speaker 4: He's Gary and I'm your first Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 2: And Gary just shuffles out with his zimmer frame, bless him.
Speaker 3: And he's fitting young on your.
Speaker 4: Next And I just pulled my shoelf and I need to be cleaned up. Please.
Speaker 1: No, guys, he's got two daughters and two granddaughters and he wants to fall in love again after morning.
Speaker 4: We hope he doesn't want to fall because he's at high risk.
Speaker 2: I think this is amazing, because you know what, love is not just for the young and the beautiful. Everybody needs what.
Speaker 4: I think this could work down Under. I reckon we could get like John Farnham as the Aussie Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Isn't he married? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well Hollywood loves that. Don't last Coshy, Oh my god, gosh, she just retired, retired from Sunrise. Maybe maybe he's going to the sunset of his life. He's going to be the Aussie Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Like Russell Crowe.
Speaker 3: No, he's also in long term relationship. You guys are hopeless. Has anyone done their research? If people are married, you can't just throw name in the middle.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, Even if they are married, they may be unhappily married and bachelor could be their new tickets to sunset us of their luck.
Speaker 4: Instead of giving the people roses, does he just give them like cowtrait pills? They just get osteoporosis medications.
Speaker 2: Listen to they get blood thinners.
Speaker 4: Instead of a rose, they get that little white cup full of pills. I pick you, here's your ash, Bronden.
Speaker 3: Do you accept this life?
Speaker 4: Jerry? They're talking to a wall. I pick your sweetheart, Jerry. That's a marble mannequin.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call it no offense, Laura. I reckon this is the best bachelor they've ever had.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not contemplating it.
Speaker 3: Though terrible.
Speaker 2: Does everyone want to watch very close with a camera right there a seventy year old man yacking out with granny.
Speaker 3: They're not going to be making They're gonna be pecking.
Speaker 2: Maybe they don't. I reckon that these dirty dogs get down.
Speaker 4: Or you're right, you know, yeah, the highest amount of comedia in Australia. I'm not joking.
Speaker 3: He's in Koala's mitch after.
Speaker 4: Homes because they're all going at it and then they forget they do it, so they do it nine times any day.
Speaker 3: Do you forget? They just don't care anymore.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to watch this on fold. This is going to be fantastic.
Speaker 3: I would love to speak to me and producer Tony. Can you get him?
Speaker 4: Get Tony Y? Thank you? That was easy for much.
Speaker 3: But I want the golden batchelor.
Speaker 4: I say, we've got putting in mashed bananas and you'll rush into the studio.
Speaker 1: Stop it, Jerry, if you're listening, I support you and I'm all about this.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get out of here. On that note, podcast the show if you missed any of it, the iHeartRadio app just search of a pickup and everyone's kind of got it at the moment. So remember when cold and flu strikes, Dit Demson gets it done. Always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 2: And we've got Will and Woody the boys are driving you home. What's on the show today, guys.
Speaker 4: The celebrity four hundred meters prim raise has been run. We have a winner.
Speaker 1: We do find out in about two minutes time whether or not Woody is the fastest parent in Australia to run with a PRAM.
Speaker 4: Big finish, massive moment on the show right up next.
Speaker 3: Thanks, guys, have a good one,