Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Festivus of fifty.
Speaker 3: You wait to my son's the next pad rafter and then you say that if.
Speaker 4: The Backstree Boys did at Breakfast show, you're listening to it.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three fact.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Monday morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Patsy morning, Hey feeding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good, good, good straight away with.
Speaker 5: Constracted, constricted of a liar.
Speaker 4: All I'll say, Jackie boy, is perhaps you staggered into the studio brandishing a bottle of wine for.
Speaker 6: Me, straight from the winery.
Speaker 4: Hey, Patsy, Yeah, straight from a handbag.
Speaker 7: Mate.
Speaker 5: Sad thing was it was three quarters empty.
Speaker 4: It's not so you do a nice thing.
Speaker 5: How was the winery yesterday?
Speaker 2: It was love like Jesus, a nice spot.
Speaker 7: Where you.
Speaker 5: Never eaten in.
Speaker 4: There've been to a tasting there the new year there. But the restaurant's amazing, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Very very nice?
Speaker 4: Very nice?
Speaker 2: It was lovely.
Speaker 3: Act That was the soft ones spoken sound of a hungover person.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I don't have a hangover, Thank you very.
Speaker 4: Much, But you were smashing it yesterday Sunday drinking at a winery.
Speaker 5: It's impossible not to.
Speaker 2: It's free, especially you know hangover.
Speaker 4: Any free drinks? There nothing so free at a winery? How do you organize free?
Speaker 2: It's my girlfriend's fifties, so she shouted everyone.
Speaker 5: What did you just rock up and say pay for any of this? I could go away that bill?
Speaker 4: Are you new here? Get that away from me. You'll be sleeping with the vines, Jackie. Why is that kid? Here's not much?
Speaker 3: I'm surprised to be here this morning. We convinced ourselves when.
Speaker 4: Friday you based the fact that you thought that you would go against medical science that said the baby might be here. Friday might be because you're an I quote acupunctress had told you, sure, how can do the need us? Because you'll go to an acupunctist. Don't you not to have treatment for any kind of pain? And I love accupunctist, but you don't go go When will the baby be coming?
Speaker 5: To Chance? What are the needles saying?
Speaker 3: The acupuncturss correctly predicted before we knew that the baby would be a boy.
Speaker 6: How would she know that?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: You got even Stephen Chance Oh, say, let's conn her up. How's it gonna go with Ukraine? The talk's gonna go well this week.
Speaker 3: You're sadly wrong about the baby coming this week and he's still in there.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We just were twiddling our thumbs, all weakened because we were convinced he was coming.
Speaker 4: This bit goes slow, so slowly, structly preparing for nine months or a party.
Speaker 5: It's like, can we just have the party?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: You're done talking about all the theory of it, aren't you?
Speaker 5: You just wanted to.
Speaker 3: Start hovering every day, I'm hovering over the text message to you guys, saying.
Speaker 6: I'm out, give me, give me the next week. Half the baby's here, but he's still.
Speaker 4: Love wing to start a brown new week. I mean, I, for one, am I happy to be here. Perhaps he doesn't know why she's she's just hung over, so you were actually what he got.
Speaker 7: I get the vining.
Speaker 5: You've already written that message.
Speaker 4: It's just you just irritate that you're actually here talking to us, not so much that the kid isn't here yet, but you start doing the show.
Speaker 6: I actually want to.
Speaker 3: Write the you know that birth message that people send out when the baby's born. I wanted to I wanted to prewrite that so that I didn't have to.
Speaker 6: Do it in the moment.
Speaker 5: You ain't, Patsy.
Speaker 4: Later on we'll get into a story that he shared with me of the weekend. Jack's got a new maintenance garden. Now for pet rat. This says to me, this is a man who's slowly going mad.
Speaker 5: Like Colonel Kurtz.
Speaker 4: The only time you've befriend a rat is if you're locked in a prison in some hellhole somewhere. No man who's everything's going well in his life is chatting to a rat in the garden, like Tom Hanks and that basketball.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I have experienced a future of transportation my friends.
Speaker 5: Over the weekend. I have been on an e scooter and it was amazing.
Speaker 6: They're great.
Speaker 7: Have you been on one?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been on the ones in mount the new ones, the news.
Speaker 4: To keep it to yourself, why didn't you share with the world. Don't hide it under a bush or when you chant to that pet rat.
Speaker 3: My I used to put it on my Instagram stories. Do you not keep up with my.
Speaker 4: Digital Try to avoid those at all costs. Not another day in the life of can't do anymore. You're making those Instagram stories and chatting to rats at we've lost you, We've lost you.
Speaker 5: To the other side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never been on an e scooter. We went to camera for the weekend to look at a possible university for a Ruby. Just a pair of us went and where the hotel was about twenty minutes from where the campus was and the city was, and it was raining, and she said, there's two scooters outside and I was like, oh god, I don't know my balance something that were going at that speed. This might be the last weekend I spent with her.
Speaker 5: I afraid I've only got you this far. I've gone under this truck.
Speaker 4: If you're watching this video, I didn't make that trip. I can only get you this far. And at first I was a little bit. I was actually screaming. She was like sitting ahead and I.
Speaker 2: Was that this thing.
Speaker 4: Tell you what, once you get over twenty kl that those breaks are pretty sharp, aren't they. You really almost got flying over the handlebars.
Speaker 6: Well in the wedd's a bit dicey as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had to go over a couple of bridges and one of them was like a really narrow footbridge, and I think you're only meant to go on like cycle paths, and don't I don't think it went over about like a ten lane fly over. It was like a tiny little wart bridge, and I don't think we're meant to go over wiz and over on. These eat scooters are twenty k and now, but why aren't more people using there?
Speaker 5: Amazing?
Speaker 4: When I was driving to this morning, I saw one dumped in Richmond in the dark, and I was thinking, I don't know. If I was a little bit earlier, I might just get out for five minutes and have her go on that.
Speaker 5: Are they incredible? We've got to do a Grand Prix.
Speaker 3: Can we wear Mdonna mikes and just do the whole show riding around the city on thee.
Speaker 5: I've got me honest.
Speaker 4: I felt like Rose at the front of Titanic as I was going through the mean streets, and they are mean streets of Canberra. It was amazing. I felt finally free. I thought, this is what spoke of about enlightenment.
Speaker 3: Any any stories to tell about going to the actual campus or just flying around on those?
Speaker 7: That was all right?
Speaker 5: Tell you what those scooters?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 5: On Friday after the show.
Speaker 4: Then, so I mentioned that we were going to a look around a and U the university and love the email from a lady so that my son's there is just he's starting his third year.
Speaker 5: And he's happy to show you around.
Speaker 2: So I reply went, that's great.
Speaker 4: You know somebody's been there three years. I thought this would be really nice. So I arranged to meet this young man. We swap messages. I got there and our friend didn't turn up. Wait twenty minutes, right, I didn't to start how to go? Ah, yeah, because it was like courbas ten and I went, I know where you are. You're in your bed with a stinking hangover, or if you got lucky, you're in someone else's bed, and you don't want to go and meet some guy from the radio that your mum said you got to meet him? And then I actually thought, Ruby goes, how do you know this woman actually wasn't just going to turn up herself for you know, and that once they had arranged the meeting spot, do you think she even had the sun? Did it even exist? And I went, you can't guarantee it with listeners, can you? It could have easily been a track you think it's possible.
Speaker 9: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Last week we were trying to get through the alphabet. The eight has said of songs with girls' names in the title.
Speaker 8: Billy Jane Michael Jackson, Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond.
Speaker 10: Come on, Eileen, Joeline Doi Parton's Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Very Menolos, Mandy. Well, you can't go past Toto and their Grammy Award winning Rosanna two years Mother by Dr Orkhan, The Medicines.
Speaker 5: I love that the medicines.
Speaker 4: All right, so brand new eight is on eight? Can we do the eight Z of your pet names? Are there any of you have a pet beginning with a Z?
Speaker 7: Or?
Speaker 4: Why are you?
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 4: You? Get all kind of weird and wonderful pet names, isn't you?
Speaker 5: Whether it's a dog, a cat, a.
Speaker 4: Parakeet, a goat, a lama, Guys, is a snake and a conda puma. Ocelot is on the arc. Ocelot was a good one. Guys, Can I get a little bit more gold blust? We're pulling the ocelot references.
Speaker 6: I don't think people keep an ocelot as a pet.
Speaker 2: What is an ocelot.
Speaker 6: It's some kind of.
Speaker 4: Puma about fifty bucks, you know, the right.
Speaker 5: Guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, aighta z of your pet name? So Jackie boy, can we we can throw it away?
Speaker 5: Do l for Luna?
Speaker 6: Yes, my dog is on there, l for Luna.
Speaker 4: It is the keyboards. Back the ass back Patsy. What about the old biggest dog in the universe, Presley Prince woke up now for that old Sunday hangover crazy, Yes, Presley.
Speaker 5: I'll also chuck.
Speaker 4: In for Nigel, not Nigel. I've got a pet called Nigel. By the way, what a very English sounding pet that would be. I might rename my dog Nigel. That is like yet at.
Speaker 7: Nigel, Nigel.
Speaker 4: Could you come back to me Nigel?
Speaker 3: So he's a very bad boy today, Nigel niche Nisha is inn I s h a, Yes, that's quite right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's on the board.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Caitlin, our producer has got have you seen her gorgeous puppy?
Speaker 5: Yes, let's have his name, Henry. Great name for a dog. Henry is good name for your son.
Speaker 6: As well, Baby, Henry.
Speaker 5: Don't you stop becoming a friend with them.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, his name is Nigel can you believe the synergy of this break?
Speaker 6: Really exciting?
Speaker 5: I actually thought the baby was coming there.
Speaker 4: All he was is you saying that you know a guy called you never heard more than uricome moment from you. Oh god, if I think about it's called Nigel. I called Henry.
Speaker 5: Sorry, that's right, that's right. We used to We're used to that from Patsy.
Speaker 4: You know what she thinks is remarkable, an actual reality version of remarkable. All right, your pet names to see if we can go through the age and said Nigel, I can't actually believe it. I'm going to take a moment, guys, can he believe that he knows a guy called Nigel?
Speaker 9: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Have you got a pets name for our A to z of your pet names at the moment? Then to get us going, we've got our pet names, Jackie boy, what have we got so far?
Speaker 3: Yes, my dog Lunar is there for l your dog niche for in Presley for p Thanks to Patsy and the new puppy that inspired this on the team is little Henry.
Speaker 5: Gorgeous little pump a kavoodle.
Speaker 4: I believe, shall we put also the maker model of the pets so German shepherd dog mega dog for Patsy's Brontosaurus, sorry for Patsy's in dog form. And then that snag or two thing whatever that sort of cross mongrel is you've got.
Speaker 6: No, she's a border koe.
Speaker 4: Demand to see those papers nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 5: Print anything off these days, can't you?
Speaker 4: All right, So the keyboard's back. Hopefully you're back.
Speaker 5: On the lines. Let's chat to James.
Speaker 4: Come on in, James, come on in, James.
Speaker 5: Hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 8: Yes, subbly working night shift?
Speaker 4: That all right? So James, what's the pet name for us?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: We got why you only live twice? This is a stage name for our the show name for our white Swiss shepherd.
Speaker 5: There's a long going on the.
Speaker 4: James Bond name, right, that is not obviously not a dog's name. You're not going down the park shouting out you only live twice. That's been abbreviated to twice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a river her real name. So the name we gave her, but the leader was the James Bond James Bond lider.
Speaker 5: So you said a stage name, what do you mean? What does she? What does she do?
Speaker 8: Well, show name when you go to the shows and the.
Speaker 5: Show dog.
Speaker 8: And what my wife breads the dogs?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what kind of shepherd will give you? Got there?
Speaker 8: It's a what Swiss shift.
Speaker 4: Oh they're gorgeous, very rare those wifes.
Speaker 8: She's gorgeous.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the London police used to use those years ago. You start loads and they're very very rare to see these days. The the white Yeah, a little fact for you.
Speaker 5: Mate, but.
Speaker 6: If you double check it first.
Speaker 8: Australian Yeah facts Astrae champion now so it's good, got a few points and yeah and.
Speaker 5: What do you mean Australian champion in what category? Best in show?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Best, Well you get points for show and best of breed and all that stuff. But yeah, you get a hundred points and you get Australian Champion and then yeah you go Grand Champion, which is a thousand points of shows.
Speaker 4: So but then when when they breed, then it obviously means you're in the old money like stud rights for horses.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's pretty expensive to breed the doll so yeah, yeah, not that much money coming that way. But yeah no, and you only bred them go once every three years, so yeah, if you do it properly, then we'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, James, thank you very much for the side details. We've got a good profile here. So at the end of that river, yeah, we've got river. That fact about the white dogs London Police or the Met Police, they used to have white German shepherd dogs as they were called the Alsatians.
Speaker 5: They changed, they rebranded.
Speaker 4: After the war, they moved away from No one wanted anything to do with Germany for various reasons. So there, over night they became the same dog Alsatians. And then suddenly the word is yeah, you get told off now by the German shepherd breeders.
Speaker 7: If you don't yes, shut.
Speaker 11: People.
Speaker 4: Let's leave it there for now, not right now, James, thank you.
Speaker 7: Norell. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 12: How are we all morning?
Speaker 5: We are good, Norell you well.
Speaker 12: I'm ducky, I'm going home. I'm happy as a.
Speaker 7: Clam, happy as a clan.
Speaker 5: And now, what pets have you got for eight listeners? Pet names?
Speaker 12: Okay, I breed main tunes and I have twelve, but I will give you three. I have a widow, a Venom, and a Zeus.
Speaker 13: But there's more.
Speaker 5: Zeus is an amazing name for a pet.
Speaker 12: He is awesome.
Speaker 13: He is awesome, would.
Speaker 4: Be Zeus when he knows that zeus as well?
Speaker 7: Thank you he does?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, well Widow and Venom are just as bad.
Speaker 5: So you sound like some sort of Marvel character.
Speaker 4: And I am lesh.
Speaker 12: A prop metigree. Name is black Widow, and I imported her from the Netherlands and the breeder named her that.
Speaker 4: This morning you got count from the Netherlands.
Speaker 12: Italy and the Czech Republic.
Speaker 5: How did you get them over here?
Speaker 12: Expensively?
Speaker 7: Spoke?
Speaker 4: Isn't it?
Speaker 5: This note was left on my doorsteps?
Speaker 4: And another Nederland's cat has turned up when I wasn't it in?
Speaker 12: And you walk out the money to get them here.
Speaker 5: It's a lot so incredible.
Speaker 4: And then what you breed them and sell them yourself?
Speaker 12: Yeah, breathe them and sell them as pets and occasionally on.
Speaker 4: The very unreliable Butler's pets. There's some people in certa parts the world that we could convince this a small donkey.
Speaker 12: Pretty much them.
Speaker 6: What kind of cat did you say it was?
Speaker 7: Drell?
Speaker 12: There are main trun Jackson, haven't seen of them? Attack me? M I I n.
Speaker 7: A c double O in fifteen of them at you.
Speaker 5: Should you say what an incident report?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you have a good look at the pus?
Speaker 4: It was fifteen cats.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And do you want me to put their country of.
Speaker 7: Yes or jelly if you wish, we wish, we wish that.
Speaker 12: Switzerland, You've got Netherlands, Poland, Italy, Czech Republic and of course the bread some.
Speaker 4: Here in Australia Eurovision of Cats.
Speaker 12: I can never have the two legged varieties. So I went to the fall.
Speaker 5: No, no, this is this is great. I love it. Noel, I'm going to send you a prize. You've welcome everybody out this morning.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 12: Also, Worries, listen to you every day.
Speaker 5: Send my love to the cats.
Speaker 12: No worries, thank you.
Speaker 13: Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: Right now your pets names? Can we do the A Z of your pets names? On nine four one four one O four three Jack, What have we got so far?
Speaker 7: Mate?
Speaker 3: We've got H Henry, L, Luna, N Nisha, P p R River, V, Venom, W for widow and Z for zeus.
Speaker 6: And I'm just looking up.
Speaker 3: Those last three were main coon cats that will last call a hand. These things are massive, over three thousand dollars in Australia.
Speaker 4: They are huge, beautiful looking cats, but like three times inside of a normal cat. How do you get that in the post from the Netherlands? I never know. And she she's got own row in first class. You got a flat in the bed for a.
Speaker 7: Cat like that?
Speaker 5: Yes, she got fifteen of them.
Speaker 4: She's building an army. All right, let's get some more pet names from me.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Vicky, Oh, good morning Christian.
Speaker 12: How you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm good Vicky. Welcome to the show. And what's your pet name for us?
Speaker 14: Oh? Well, it's a purebred German shepherd and he's names for because obviously you know two boys I've got and they're big marble friends, so of course the name had to continue on with the legend. So they've already put in a name for the second dog we don't have yet, and he named Pulk.
Speaker 4: Thought is a great name for German shepherd.
Speaker 7: I love thought.
Speaker 4: We already have a zeus as well, where we're getting through a lot of Marvel characters and Greek gods as well adventures. Yeah, and Jack, I know you haven't said on a boy's name yet, hunk.
Speaker 6: No, no, think that'll be at the top of.
Speaker 4: The isbe he added to the long list. Just wouldn't help, all right, Vicky, thank you very much for that one thought.
Speaker 14: You're welcome, Christian.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Melanie, good morning, Melanie, Good morning, Good morning, Melanie. Already on the road attacking the week. Melanie, what's your pet's name?
Speaker 7: For us?
Speaker 14: My dog's name was Kellaway ka double L A W A Y.
Speaker 12: And if you're an IFL fan, you would know that it was after Richmond.
Speaker 14: Why is Duncan Kellaway?
Speaker 4: Now I'm not over familiar with some of the oldest sort of Tiger Town goings on in like the nineties or two thousand, So kellowait one of the greats.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he was like a cult hero.
Speaker 14: Everyone loved him. Know, he kicked minimal goals and when he did kick a goal, he got a tea.
Speaker 7: Minimal.
Speaker 4: If I got the minimal ratings, no one's.
Speaker 5: Naming a pet after me. I'm mean kicked to the curb. Tell you what great thing about minimal minimal weld.
Speaker 6: When our ratings start to drop, let's call ourselves a cult show.
Speaker 4: We're a Calloway all right, Calloway, alright, Melanie, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: And cool. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: We'll get emails now from people in Tiger Town, the cheer squad. Jessica, good morning, Hey, hey going, I'm good, jess what's your pet name?
Speaker 7: For eight is?
Speaker 15: I guess? I have a purebred English Pointer and her name is Quinn. So we named her after Harley Quinn from The.
Speaker 4: Batman's Quinn is a great name.
Speaker 15: Yes, and so I call it Quinno because you know we're off.
Speaker 10: Actually I wanted to.
Speaker 15: We're going to put on everything, so we did. I did want to call those Star Wars names, but my partner couldn't say half of them. So yeah, we decided on something a little less nerdy, he said with Batman because he's not like a massive fan. And I was like okay, and he goes, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Love mister misery.
Speaker 4: He's kind of fair to say the name younger.
Speaker 15: No, it was Fennick, and he kept saying Phoenix.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, Fenic, Oh my god, this is real deep.
Speaker 4: He could into the multi verse of Nerdo and beyond Nerd and wrapped.
Speaker 15: In I think. So we settled for pets, naming them strange.
Speaker 4: Things, all right, jes talking to us, and there we go I don't want to know either. Don't contact the show. My life is right. I don't need any brain power.
Speaker 6: You're getting influx of describing and their.
Speaker 4: Relationships stuff at the forums are coming for you, non believer, Tracy.
Speaker 7: Good morning, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Tracy, Tracy? What is your what's your pet?
Speaker 7: First of all, my teeth get in?
Speaker 5: What kind of pig you got?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 16: She was a rescue, so she's got her little taps and dam and bath cover and everything.
Speaker 5: Danish Danish quakings?
Speaker 14: Love you no this netisode?
Speaker 12: Are really did?
Speaker 4: And where did you see? You got the pig from Wes?
Speaker 12: You hers as a baby?
Speaker 7: Yeah? What do the thing to do?
Speaker 4: Where does the where does the pig live in the house?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 16: We're on a couple of ois, so she's got her own little the second with the gams.
Speaker 4: Got banana lounge.
Speaker 6: What's what's the peak's name?
Speaker 7: Good point?
Speaker 4: Please please, Tracy, can we have a photo of ethel the Peak?
Speaker 7: Yes for you.
Speaker 5: I'm going to make it.
Speaker 4: The patron saint of our eight has said of your pet names ethel P.
Speaker 7: That is great.
Speaker 9: You're listening to the question O Kyle's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack Post told us Friday he may not be on today's show. He was convinced that the baby was coming about seven days early because they're acupuncturists. Someone who works with needles said, the baby's coming, so that means we've got this to play this week.
Speaker 17: It's the baby count and.
Speaker 4: Then we're up there tomorrow, and then went to overtime.
Speaker 3: His official due date is Friday, but we were convinced he was coming this week in not just the acupunctural said it, but even the doctors have been saying, look, he looks like he's coming early.
Speaker 6: He looks like he's ready ripe. He will come.
Speaker 5: Side so fruit, What is she going to pop out on apple?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's not a phrase the doctor used, but that's.
Speaker 4: How a medical he's ripe.
Speaker 3: So we were just sitting on our hands all weekend, twiddling our thumbs, waiting for him to start moving about.
Speaker 4: The last few weeks, and the anchors just wants it to begin now because she's just uncomfortable and probably having a tough time.
Speaker 3: Sleeping, definitely sleeping in his hard She's got to keep turning over. You're allowed to sleep on your back, so you've got to sleep on your side. So now we turn her over together, so like I grab underneath the belly and like shift her on to her other side, but build the little pillow fort that she's going to keep her comfortable. But there's really not much else for us to do that the bank is switching sides is one of the highlights of the weekend.
Speaker 5: And what else did you do this weekend?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 6: So I've started filming.
Speaker 3: I mean, you joke that I'm friends with this rat in the backyard, but I have started paying more attention to him, and I have started filming his comings and goings from the yard. I didn't like it when they were in the roof last year, but now they just seem to live in the backyard.
Speaker 4: You've got resident rats, Well they're.
Speaker 6: There all the time.
Speaker 3: So if that's their residency, or maybe they come from a different home and spend time in my yard.
Speaker 5: So it's like a summer house.
Speaker 4: Basically it is a beautiful place you've got, but it's their summer house. They are there.
Speaker 6: Well, they're there day and night because even when I go out at night.
Speaker 4: For jobs, where else are going to go hours he's demute to the city.
Speaker 5: Back to night rats early, help me turn my wife?
Speaker 4: Could you believe runs?
Speaker 2: It's unusual to see them during the day.
Speaker 6: Jack, Oh, well, I got footage for you. Great footage coming your way then, Patsy.
Speaker 4: I mean, how much time have you got where you're filming rats in the garden?
Speaker 5: Atten Borough?
Speaker 3: I think that five hundred years ago, when we were worried about rats carrying the plague and stuff, that we were rightfully trying to distance ourselves from rats.
Speaker 6: But in modern day we should we really be scared of for them? Are they harmful to y?
Speaker 4: Should be vermin carrying disease?
Speaker 2: Riddled?
Speaker 5: And why are yours?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: I mean not everyone else? Rats?
Speaker 4: You have been picking up the old dog plops because I've been round Beer four and it was basically the garden was ninety eight percent much that you've got rats living in there? Actually going we're rats? But this is disgusting. How can someone live like this?
Speaker 3: No, I have been picking up the dog turns because I've been home. I've got things, nothing to do, so the backyard is spotless. But they love the bushes. They love righting.
Speaker 5: Tom Hanks on that island. Are they you're Wilson? Are you feed?
Speaker 7: You're not?
Speaker 5: Feeding them or someone not feeding them.
Speaker 3: I don't want to encourage them, but at the same time I've started I want to get rid of them. But now I watch them and they're kind of harmless. I don't think they're any more dirty than a bird. He's not my friend.
Speaker 4: Sounds like he is making us reconsider of beings to warn rats to.
Speaker 5: Go back in historically where it came from.
Speaker 4: Can we get along with the rats? Hello, little ratty?
Speaker 5: You know what, the more I see you, you and I are pretty similar, little ratty.
Speaker 3: It's a rat really different from a pigeon. Besides, it can't fly. We would never worry about We would never worry about birds flying in our backyard. Why do we worry about rat?
Speaker 4: This is not even worthy of three a w even Neil Mitchell. I don't think even the great Neil Mitchell's ever done a phone in about rats?
Speaker 5: Are they that dissimilar to a pigeon?
Speaker 7: Calling?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 4: Win a spinal Le's pillow.
Speaker 5: That kid really needs.
Speaker 3: If you're like this, Jay the number you didn't give the number out so people can call in triple zero.
Speaker 9: The Christian o'connells podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey Jack, Yeah, I've had a look at the video.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's cute, isn't he?
Speaker 7: You sound like Mad.
Speaker 4: World and forty Towers. That is a mouse. It's not a rat, is it? Yeah's mouse? There? No, it's a mouse. It's a beautiful, cute looking little mousey.
Speaker 6: Oh, I thought he was big for a man, A nice rat.
Speaker 4: Rat's a darker, bigger, longer towel. That is a very nice little mouse.
Speaker 6: Big old mouse.
Speaker 3: Then I reckon I could get a good coin for him if I sold him on the open market.
Speaker 4: What do we in some sort of Kensian novel? You get a good coin, you know, huckerboy fing get a good coin for him down on the trader's market by the paddle boats.
Speaker 6: Oh, I don't like him as much now that he's a mouse.
Speaker 5: What have you got a good mouse here? Yes?
Speaker 6: I just thought have you seen him, Pats? Is that a mouse or a rat?
Speaker 2: Oh? I have to have a look.
Speaker 6: He's on what's up? Oh?
Speaker 3: No, that that's no rash No, no, no, no, it's.
Speaker 5: Chatting too over the week? Ken?
Speaker 4: Can I just say this now as a friend, not just someone does the radio show with you.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 4: I'm okay, I just flagging it up now, Just why we're here today, I've got nowhere there. We're gonna be Friday. If that kid's not here in a week's time, I'm really am worried that actually we might ast just shake hands. Go why don't you start the opportunity leave now, just have a little lie down and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Spend some time with them with the rat mouse.
Speaker 4: We've heard of cat ladies. We now found rat boy. So while you're eager to begin your fatherhood, basically, I've had a very very different experience at the other side of the rainbow. Jackie boy. Yeah, oh my word. I as you said, Friday, I was taking Ruby. That's my oldest daughter. She's in the year twelve, huge year. She turns eighteen and a couple of months time. So we went away for Friday night and then Saturday go and look at the campus at A ANDU and camera beautiful place.
Speaker 3: I think it's great that she wants to go out of mel as well to go to tertiary education, because it's not a common thing in Australia, but in the US and in the UK it's a right of passage to leave home and your hometown to go to the university that you're going to attend.
Speaker 4: Yes, So in the UK you don't stay at home, really, you go away and say within America's well, it's very rare here. So yeah, I'm kind of pleased, even though it's like that's some great ones. You know, the moment she's twenty minutes from us, your mom and I can be there very quick.
Speaker 6: Could you do some homeschooling?
Speaker 4: Yes, I that's but no, we went away to camera, and I've got to be honest. I suddenly got a sense of what is going on. I was like, because she was so excited. It's like this new calling, isn't it. We've all have that when you know it's time to leave and you're not really ready.
Speaker 5: But she is ready.
Speaker 4: And I saw there she met a mate of hers who started a couple of weeks ago. She is so excited, and I thought, oh my god, it's already happening then what I thought would be years and years away. I suddenly got my it's rare in life, you know where you are in the pattern of it all. But when I saw her there walk around this campus, I thought, good god, this time next year, whether it is this college or another one, she'll be dropped off here and that this. I don't know, eighteen years have being this kind of dad where you still have quite a lot of day to day contact, not just that influence less and less these days, in fact none in the last five years, if I'm honest. But is this an illusion on need to tell hisself? But that kind of Perrington that dad, he will fade away when she goes next year. It's really strange to sort of as you're coming into the start of it, Jackie boy, and you're perhaps you're a sort of ten years into it, suddenly the other side of it, it's a really it's a strange kind of almost beautiful heartbreak where it's not real heartbreak, like there's something sad happening. It's amazing what's happening, but there is a strange kind of beauty to it. Where I saw it so happen. I'm thinking, oh my god, it's never going to be like it is right now. You know it will change in a year's time. So yeah, completely different experience. It was amazing seeing it there.
Speaker 3: And has it gone fuck? Do you feel like it's gone fast for you? When you first arrived. I remember Ruby was thirteen. We went to fourteenth birthday, not long after you got here. I think it's flown by now that she's eighteen and looking at university.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tell you what happens is right the first couple of years, Jackie Boy does not go in the blink of an eye, does it, Patsy? It's almost galatial. It is so slow. You didn't think I've kept this back right when you didn't think time could go this slowly. They're like, and I watch it again, Oh, what time is it? It's ten past six in the morning, and I've been up for an hour. There's so many more hours in the day to go to the playpark, and then you want to stay in the play park for like three hours of you Oh, you're so t would I ever see a bed again? It goes so slowly, and then suddenly when they become teenagers, it's like it's it's on fast forward. And I can't think it's going to be eighteen and then she'd be at college wherever she goes next year. It's gone really really quickly. One thing I didn't think about over the weekend, jack Boy. And now you say that, you know you're kind of idling a bit before it'll happens. And you and your wife begin your own beautiful journey into it.
Speaker 7: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I think it'd be a really nice thing to do with something. I write a lot of letters to the kids, normally when it's their birthday or Christmas. I put a little letter in there. Why didn't you write a letter to Jack Junior about what you hope for him? And you both together? I think a bit thing of you saying actually what your intention is. I think it'd be a lovely thing to do.
Speaker 6: That's actually a great idea. You do handwritten?
Speaker 4: Wait, a bit informal, going, dear son.
Speaker 2: So big keyboard?
Speaker 5: Do you do hand written?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I put a bit of effort into it, So I do hand written? Yes, Samuel peeps here does I get my fountain, nip out my quill?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do handwritten. I'll tell you what when you do do these handwritten notes? Right?
Speaker 4: So I did the inside their Christmas card, Tavy and birthday and and I remember once I did a letter too far right where my daughter was going to win a school trip, and I thought, I'll give a little secret letter in that when she finds it, it'll be when she needs it. She said, the worst moment in the trip, right, she was struggling away was when she read that flipping letter. She said it was the most miserable thing. It was lovely. She had to stop reading it about three lines in and go, why is not the same if I'd given her a tight written one?
Speaker 6: Check your email? Ruby.
Speaker 4: The Also the thing with going back to writing my hand right is it takes ages because you might be like towards the end of like a beautiful page with all these words written down, and then you make a spelling mistake and you can't You can't put a line through it or get the correcting fluid out from the school.
Speaker 5: It does not the same. She got to start again.
Speaker 4: And also because we don't write at all anymore, just apart from your name maybe in a card, your hands killing you? You do not think I can an exam shaking out your anger?
Speaker 7: This is so hard something I can.
Speaker 6: Get a sore hand just writing a birthday cat.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: So are you for doing it the next couple of days?
Speaker 5: And can we hear this on air? Own your words?
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll get well.
Speaker 3: Does it make it less personal than if I'm if I'm thinking of you guys listening in as third parties? How about I give you a snippet of what I write to him.
Speaker 5: Perfect. That's great. You share as much you want to, mate, use the time.
Speaker 9: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: By the way, the joy in getting on a plane, even though it was just a fifteen minutes's flight to hop over from Melbourne to camera. The joy of being at the airport Friday night.
Speaker 5: Oh it's great.
Speaker 6: Is it busy again?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, it's heaving just seeing people moving around. Yeah, it was great. And then stay in this hotel. What is it about that hotel toaster? There was an old guy. Me and this old guy got into it almost. Yes, there's always an old guy waiting there, right, it doesn't isn't relaxed enough to wander off and come back to it?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 4: And he saw me puts him in and I could tell he was about to leave, But when he saw me there, he waited. Trust a barmy with the toast anyway, he said this to me. Mine's in there already on that sort toaster right as well?
Speaker 5: It's so slow?
Speaker 4: Is it why they have the settings like one to This thing had one to eight after like four? Who needs five, six, seven even on your normal toaster? Who's who's requiring bunt wood where you really want to charcoal or mute the thing. I don't know, why don't they just have one to three? Why do we he five six, seven, eight. I don't even know what eight was on this beast of a thing that he was waiting for his toaster.
Speaker 3: Also, the risk is that you go to little because if you have to go back on the conveyor belt, that's another five minutes and.
Speaker 4: It's all floppy, and as well, you don't know, you don't look like you don't know what you're doing. Also, dining in the right temperature in hotel showers. Obviously, having not been away in a hotel for a while, it's still the longest part of your stay in that room is trying to work out the right balance between hong kold.
Speaker 5: Isn't it even working out which one's blood and cold?
Speaker 4: I go to go and get out of the shower, find my reading glasses that it's just a squiggle, it's just cold.
Speaker 3: Is this they need to be standardized across all tells because they've all got their own system.
Speaker 4: And used the TOTA system. Can't we just have one to five? It works for the bread? Can we just have that same system. My dad sent me an email over the weekend. You know, sometimes he finds a news article or something that we might want to talk about on the show.
Speaker 5: Bless him.
Speaker 4: Yep, I don't want to say to him, have you been the last six months? Not one single email? It kept telling me there's there's nothing funny, there's nothing funny in the papers. At the moment, suddenly he's found he's found something that tick with him over the weekend. Anyway, it's a story towards the end of last week about the tennis player John Millman, who accidentally hit himself in the eye with a tennis ball, not one that was being you know, served to him in actual play, just he sort of I don't know, just miscuses as he's throwing it himself and itked him in the eye so badly he had to end the game. He had to retire. I asked the team that they can find some audio. They couldn't, but they have got this that makes no sense. This was recorded from the car park outside the Abulco Stadium where the one was playing.
Speaker 5: Luckily and.
Speaker 6: Then the are they playing that just for a subwa for and no other speakers?
Speaker 4: If you think that makes no sense. I don't even know what the producers thought we could do with this. What happened?
Speaker 11: Mate?
Speaker 4: I don't know whether these went to a pub near mine and recorded some bogans playing on the slot machines on the pokes.
Speaker 5: What do you think of? What just happened?
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 13: Mate?
Speaker 7: It's like.
Speaker 4: Watch but then it sounds like they're at the side of a swimming pool at gala.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 2: Mate's flicking the balls?
Speaker 5: It's fine, it's our new game.
Speaker 4: What is going on in this audio clip? So anyway, this morning one of your stories and of self inflicted injuries. Poor John Milman then had to retire from his game hit himself with a tennis ball in the eye.
Speaker 6: It's so innocent and maybe it's just sorry, sorry, what's the matter?
Speaker 7: Or what?
Speaker 5: Over the phone number?
Speaker 4: I mean, who does that and then starts telling me it's innocent. Well, it wasn't trying to take himself out. I don't hate tennis. I just throw this ball in my eye.
Speaker 5: It was innocent.
Speaker 4: Guys, I don't want anyone listen to this right now thinking that we're trying to say something.
Speaker 6: You know, you give the number and then tell me when I can talk nobody.
Speaker 4: Just wait for the balls. I mean, when you hear audio and radio. Sit back nine four one four one o four three. Jack your thoughts, no further comments.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: You might well go and chat to that rat mouse Jack Well Christian Connell's show podcast we looking feel stories about self inflicted injuries.
Speaker 7: Jeff, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 10: Oh, I sort of hid butt of the side of my truck and broke my nose.
Speaker 6: About it, though, you.
Speaker 4: Make it sound like it's a routine activity for us to head but our own vehicles. Why were you batting it, Jeff?
Speaker 10: Oh, I was doing up a wretchet strap because I carry some heavy stuff on the truck, and one of the ratchets let go in the blinding mechanism, and I hid butt of the side of my truck, split my nose open, had a non displaced fracture. Sat on the ground for a while, thinking, what the hell happened?
Speaker 15: Blood?
Speaker 10: Why here is into the office?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Dear all right, Jeff, thank you very much. You killed I have a good day. I don't know about you, guys, but I love a good ratchet chat.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: First time I got him, though, daunting because I didn't know how to use them as I was at Bunning's ready to ratchet up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I never used them before, but now we didn't know.
Speaker 4: Our dads didn't teach us that. But once you know the dark hearts so that you want to start ratcheting. You want people to know that I'm a ratchet guy, know how to an.
Speaker 6: I feel like ratcheting something.
Speaker 4: As soon as the show's done at night, and I'm heading straight to Bunning. So buy some ratchets. I've got no need for just anyway, Jack and I have very excited about ratchets. Chun in tomorrow morning. You can win your own ratchets Susan, Good morning, Good morning, Suki, and tell us about your self inflicted injury.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So it was right in the middle of co OVID and I'm working from home. All the kids are studying from home. Husband's out in the shed working from home, and I thought, oh, I haven't seen him for a few hours. Let's get you know, a bit of excitement going. Let's spice things up a little bit. No, no, you want to see this shed.
Speaker 15: It's like a palace anyway, So I go.
Speaker 5: Out, are rocky.
Speaker 15: It's exactly right.
Speaker 16: So I go out there and air quote, just in a hoodie and my mobile phone is in the pocket at the front, you know where you put your hands together. My mobile phone is there.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you get in the picture. Yes.
Speaker 16: So I walk into the shed, right and I decide to do a little bit of a reveal.
Speaker 5: And with a hoodie. I mean, it's one thing shows strip for you.
Speaker 16: So I whipped the hoodie up with the mobile phone in the pocket, smashed myself in the face of the phone, split my lip everywhere, and then I have to explain it to the teenagers. How mum split her lip?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so it was.
Speaker 16: It was an interesting and interesting morning and I was I will never do that ever again.
Speaker 15: Mobile phones are quite heavy, guy.
Speaker 6: It was an explosive strip, tease and sultry.
Speaker 12: It was more of a flash.
Speaker 5: All right, Susan, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 4: Thank you, bye, Luke, good morning. I'm good. Have you had a great weekend? Thanks for calling the show. What's your self inflicted injury?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I was just as a gimm a holidays with the parents at the resort had a mini golf course down there. So when you played a mini golf by myself, I couldn't, couldn't get this hole. I did about eight shots, started getting real angry, frustrated, so it took off and just teed off in a very small bat too meter course it'd all hit the wall, ricocheted and came directly straight in the eye.
Speaker 5: And where did it hit you in the eye?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it hit me directly. I think it was the right eye.
Speaker 13: I was only about thirteen years old, and yeah, I started crying.
Speaker 10: Looked around.
Speaker 8: Mom and Dad weren't there.
Speaker 13: So I realized I've hurt myself and I've got to walk back. And yeah, for the next two days. Eyes were swollen and black over the holidays of this two week holiday.
Speaker 7: At the resort. Injury.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely love it. I was very accident prone as a kid and still saw that am as an adult.
Speaker 4: All right, lukey, boys, thank you very much. You give us a call.
Speaker 13: No, guys, have a good day.
Speaker 4: Thank care, Louke and Chris to squeeze CHRISSI gress self convicted injuries in morning.
Speaker 18: All I'm a fitter and term maintenance fut of my trade, and I was an easy out of bolted tractor. I was using it with a shifter because it was hard to get to. I managed to break the bolted tractor, followed through and hit myself and the family jewels.
Speaker 5: Sorry that was a follow through. I thought that was your self injury.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 5: Okay, all flush, did you hit?
Speaker 18: I hit myself in the groy in the groin, and it was quite so long, and for a couple of weeks I was saying stars quite a few minutes afterward, limp limp, limped off their say and sat myself in the first aid and I stacked for quite some time.
Speaker 5: And then didn't you just collapse? You just fold in on yourself.
Speaker 4: You only need a little tap there, let alone a big bolt extractor.
Speaker 10: That's why are you iron balls?
Speaker 8: Not quite?
Speaker 18: I was called that I dropped the dropped to my knees and don't remember much for about a mini or two afterwards. So yeah, managed to lit myself off and.
Speaker 5: Wounded animal.
Speaker 18: Pretty much and spawned the quart a few colorful nick games afterwards.
Speaker 5: Gotcha.
Speaker 9: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Let's get into this week's.
Speaker 4: It's just another miss heard many Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics. Every Monday, we are the Home on the Radio of your misheard lyrics as we play them back.
Speaker 5: If we agree what you think you're mishearing, you'll hear this.
Speaker 4: If not, And for the great Ones, this Hall of Favor last week three Hall of Famers. Mandy from Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box. Hey wait, I got a new cold Play. I still love that one, Alan had Elton John Saturday Nights all right for fighting sellotape, sellotape, sellotape, sellotape. And then we had Wish Master by Night Wish from Danica Hamster, a dentist, hardcore Steven Seagal. All right, then let's get into the brand new ones. First art, we have Belinda from Smashing Pumpkins Wound. You're a part of me eternal one.
Speaker 5: Or is it the far more chilling? You're a pot of bees, a ton of wasps.
Speaker 2: Mention to wasps and songs, I hear bees?
Speaker 4: He wass there's this black back again? So I miss here is you're a pot of bees a ton of wasps.
Speaker 5: Are we hearing it?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 4: We don't hear wasp, but the search will always be on for any miss here that involves the wasps. Jacqueline has a bony m Raspuccian in his eyes a flaming glow.
Speaker 5: Or is it in his eyes a flamingo flaming flaming?
Speaker 7: Yes? I like.
Speaker 4: Esther is fifteen Alost Christian. I listen to the Miss Hurds every Monday. I've got one Freedom for my people By Oliver Helden's I have gold in my bones and diamonds in my soul?
Speaker 7: Or is it?
Speaker 4: And this is the humor of a fifteen year old m and almost forty nine year old. I have gold in my balls and.
Speaker 5: In sense of human.
Speaker 4: Year old, I have gold in my balls and diamonds in my soul. Yes, I have gold in my balls and diamonds in my soul. For that high quality, top end of town material, there's only one place for the US to come on.
Speaker 5: In Mitchell Warren Christian.
Speaker 4: I think System of a Down are singing about me in this song Holy Mountain, first one so far the year of people hearing their own in songs. This from Mitchell Warren, so the original line someone's mouth said, paint them all redd? Or is it someone's mountain named em Warren? Our friend, Mitchell Warren, Are we hearing someone's mountain named em Warren?
Speaker 5: I really hope this does da.
Speaker 4: Yes, she shoots Scolls Hall Warren gets his name checked by system of a Down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: Two want Ago bes Bears has got this one, Lady gar go bad romance. I want your lover, I want your revenge. You and me could have a bad romance? Or is it?
Speaker 5: I want your love and I want your revenge. You and me could buy a pair of pants. No way, no way?
Speaker 4: And finally today then Sandy's got deep Purple Highway Star. She stays close on every bend. Or is it she is Coleslaw every day?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is it.
Speaker 4: It works, She's cost every day.
Speaker 7: Yes, no.
Speaker 4: That for me. Sandy's crystal clear hashtag. It's Monday. If you got any email me.
Speaker 5: You don't pay for the show.
Speaker 4: Christian Christian Christian O'Connell dot com today you bye bye, Carl Brner.
Speaker 9: You're listening to the Christian o'conl Show podcast.
Speaker 5: This could be the week when Jack's son comes.
Speaker 4: This could also be the week he spends more time befriending a rat in his garden.
Speaker 5: Both of these things could easily happen this week.
Speaker 4: It's the baby count.
Speaker 2: Five days two.
Speaker 4: Judeay Friday. But Jackie Jr. And now you one hundred percent on that name. By the way, Jackie Jr.
Speaker 3: You're going with Hey, all jokes aside. I do think Jack Post Junior is a strong name. I do think it's a bit egotistical, but Jack Post Jr. Has a cool string to it.
Speaker 5: It couldn't be any more egotistical. You are a different person. You are me smaller. I mean, have you met Trump Junior?
Speaker 6: By the way, No, I haven't met Trump kid.
Speaker 4: Is that who you want to aspire to be?
Speaker 5: A junior? He's a completely different person to you.
Speaker 7: How's this?
Speaker 3: My friend just had a baby called him his own name, Tim, Tim Convey the.
Speaker 4: Third like that?
Speaker 5: That is fancy. I like that a lot.
Speaker 6: Could I call him Jack Post two?
Speaker 5: Then No, it's going to be Jack Post the second.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but all that sounds like more royal, sounds like a sequel hot shots.
Speaker 5: Pardon Dad, I needs you to get in touch with the show because it.
Speaker 4: Is five days to go until the official drop date.
Speaker 5: I'm forming a league of dad to support group.
Speaker 4: But Dad to me, Dad and waiting pending Dad, Jack Post he needs our help.
Speaker 17: We all need each other's help. We are each other's keeper up. Make another that I like that we are each other's a keeper. Yeah, you got that'll be a mantra. Come join a league of dads together, dads who will support Jack and you hear the cover's gip.
Speaker 4: At the moment he does need some support, Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot are you quick question from this dad, Jackie boy? Are you making food and freezing it? You need to be doing that so it's easy when it all kicks off.
Speaker 3: No, that is a great idea, though, because I'm on meal Dudy's for the first two weeks at least, and we never view you.
Speaker 5: So then what's happening? Then you got your feet up? Are you the kids leaving home? So hit me here for I guess at fortnite.
Speaker 4: At least two weeks, He's clear it's candor, Patsy.
Speaker 7: Don't worry.
Speaker 5: I reckon look looking ahead at.
Speaker 4: The year for two weeks, I mean.
Speaker 6: The next two weeks and then ongoing on top of that the rest.
Speaker 4: We are each other's keeper. This is why he needs. It's good for two weeks, all right.
Speaker 5: So yet stop making food and freezing it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we only ever used the freezer for like bananas that we never make into banana bread. Then miscellaneous items that we can't even identify.
Speaker 4: Anymore, says I'm a hipster more than we just used the freezer to put bananas in for as your unmade dreams of banana breads.
Speaker 6: I hope the kid likes banana bread.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, You're good for two weeks of banana bread. Sonny Jackie Boy. The third or second.
Speaker 5: Alright, some entries to join the League of Dance.
Speaker 7: This is Dylan.
Speaker 11: Dylan here they love to join the League of Dads. Had twin girls three months ago. Firstly, I just like to tell you, if you're having one baby, then you're not going to have any problems whatsoever because you don't have twins. Not to be a walk in the park. The first bit of advice formula. I know the naturalists will tell you to keep it to the boob only, but if your baby's crying, it wants food. It doesn't want anything else. It just wants you to give it some food. Doesn't matter how much, just enough to put it to sleep. Second of all is by the dummies. Third of all is a rotating lamp with stars and moons on it, and it will put the kids asleep straight away. Good luck, Jack, and I hope it all goes well. Can't wait to join the league.
Speaker 5: Of don't know what happened? I think cool coming in.
Speaker 3: People are religious about the breastfeeding verst of formula. I don't even want to get into that area.
Speaker 4: Could We could waste a week of shows falling out with listeners that we've spent four years getting to know. It's bigger than whether or not to get vaccinated, or whether or not to wear a mask.
Speaker 6: It is much than any politics we could talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's not go anywhere near it all right now. Eric is a guy we spoke to a lot on the show. It's a lovely guy. He's father to twelve kids, twelve children. He actually has twelve children and another one, number thirteen is on the way. So when he shares advice, we listen.
Speaker 7: Get a Jack.
Speaker 19: Eric here with another tip for today. It's not a competition whether you stop at one or have an army like I do. Every family is amazing, every child of blessings, So enjoy this part of life. Just because my baby sleeps through the night earlier than yours, good on them.
Speaker 4: Maybe your baby walks before mine.
Speaker 6: Good on them.
Speaker 4: That's life.
Speaker 19: I bet you don't go to the pub with Christian and say, hey, I was going to the toilet at one, but you were still in nappies at three. Be happy with what you've got, your healthy, loving family, because I tell you what happiness in life.
Speaker 4: That's it for today.
Speaker 6: Have a good day.
Speaker 4: I'll speak soon, Dad, Eric King. Eric needs to definitely come into the League of Dads as well.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 5: You would say, Dylan, but it's too controversial. He starts stowing up in there.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be breakaway leagues and stubborn separatists going on fundamentalists about the baby milks.
Speaker 5: Dylan, you're out, buddy. You know you can't all come into the League of Dads.
Speaker 6: Jack, No, Dug, bring Dylan in. We got to get as many as we can.
Speaker 5: All right, Dylan, that was a very quick bart. All right, if you want to be in the League of Dads, email me. Not about formula milk. I don't care. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 9: Dot au, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Time for a brand new at work time waster. What a story this is.
Speaker 4: A man in Perth is reeling. This is such a sort of journalistic ease, isn't it really? Or doing newspapers, you can never written used to it. They've always put someone's age. They're obsessed with that. A perthman Brackets twenty nine is reeling after being tonight entry into a pub because of his a mullets. What Australia Perth again?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 6: Were they boys school who banned the mullet out?
Speaker 5: Yes, right, yeah, they're done.
Speaker 4: Any part of Australia they're any part of the mullets talking to the press, talking to the press.
Speaker 5: What is it like at a press conference?
Speaker 4: It's mother Karen. There's always a Karen. She lives on, said the twenty two year old. I told you they're always subsessor at their age, said the twenty two year old. Man and his mates turned up at the Cottslow Beach Hotel but were turned away by security who told them there was a strict no mullet policy. Wow, so today we're looking for your Bogan movies. Bogan movies. Eyes down, Jackie boy, how are yours?
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 4: I'm ready for it, all right, let's do it. Bogan movies. Harry Potter in the bowling trophy, Silver, Three men, Who's baby gold let, the right one in mullet, the right.
Speaker 6: In silver, pas damn it?
Speaker 5: Full denim jacket, Gold, nickel, back to the future.
Speaker 4: They love the old nickel, Bogans silver, the girl with the Southern Cross tattoo gold and Citizen Shane. Citizens whenever you hear a Bogan, mum yell at some kid called shame before even look around.
Speaker 7: You know that kid.
Speaker 5: But it's three four.
Speaker 4: Five, It's got both of its ears, Pierce, It's always the case is.
Speaker 5: Like a drain. She loved that one.
Speaker 6: Lots of Shane's outing whereby it's.
Speaker 5: Patsy's middle name.
Speaker 7: She's reeling.
Speaker 4: She is going to need a bigger boat. We landed the big one. Half Jackie Boy, Bogan movies.
Speaker 3: Barly and me Ah yes, gold strong, start donutting, Miss Daisy.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that is gold as well.
Speaker 6: I know what us did last summer.
Speaker 4: That that is three golds. Can he carry it on?
Speaker 3: Smoke o'huonters No, no crash, no down, no, no think about it, No, Citizen Shane.
Speaker 6: Everyone on Smoker right now is cheering for that.
Speaker 5: I didn't hear anyone.
Speaker 4: I'll rang off, have you got any more.
Speaker 7: You just.
Speaker 4: That's no next time.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's just end links from now and like Jack.
Speaker 9: Does Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: There aren't loads and loads of bogn movies coming in.
Speaker 5: Is a bump tredition?
Speaker 6: All right, Jack, you're ready to mark, Let's get stuck in.
Speaker 4: Dude, where's my teeth?
Speaker 6: Gold?
Speaker 7: Strange?
Speaker 4: Three men in a tarana silver wed simon to speak a more munnet gold. Dude, where's my commodore?
Speaker 6: Okay, can't do too many? Dude wears my silver.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of holding based ones. Legend of Basa vance gold hoon struck instead of moonstruck Silver, Dunny Daycare silver mullet, and me silver plus devil wears thongs and a singlet. It's silver plus shitty chitty beer bong.
Speaker 6: Bronze. Don't encourage that.
Speaker 4: Men who stare at at utes bronze. When Chasow met as a gold Palma Geddon silver Planet, the vapes gold, that so good?
Speaker 7: Damn it.
Speaker 4: He's just not that into showy cold Josh Well first one with that one. Uh Nicholas Cage and John Tibolt star in rack.
Speaker 7: Off Gold.
Speaker 4: Rack Off to the future. Men who stare at moccasins Bronze, Silence of the lamb Kebab Silver, Aceholden Ventura Silver, Bogan, the Barbarian gold, so good to make take a bow Darlem for moccasins silver, the big mullet Ski goal shaving Private Ryan's mullet.
Speaker 6: Gold.
Speaker 4: Let's leave them there all right, Well down, everyone, brilliant Boga Movies on the Time was.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow's Show Today.
Speaker 7: Early Idea.
Speaker 4: Earlier on as we got a h down a side road of Jack and I talking about our shared love. I didn't know he was also a ratchet guy that loves just ratcheting something up Tomorrow morning, Are you ratcheting?
Speaker 5: From six am? We want to hear ratchets.
Speaker 4: If you're going to start to tie up the load, call us Jack and I want to get our ratchet on tomorrow from six I'm not joking.
Speaker 5: I just want to hear that spring loaded action. That's what we're talking about here, the old.
Speaker 3: And then your security that you feel throughout your whole body when it's tightly long.
Speaker 4: What's the what's that bit? It's not called a bit ribbon? I know that, but what's the Lynhan materials?
Speaker 5: The strop?
Speaker 4: Is it the strop or the strap? The straps would call it?
Speaker 5: Tell Jack and I don't.
Speaker 4: Oh, it looks like I can shave my soft DJ hands. I'd have to moisturize, you know, ratchet with us. Get your ratchet on tomorrow, listeners. If you're ratcheting up the load, do it live nine four one four one o four three. Put their number on your phone. Now, don't really fumbling around tomorrow and I'm dark. One call you're on air, You're on it. I don't even tell the producer your name, saying.
Speaker 7: He wants me.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm not ready to start ratcheting.
Speaker 7: If you know someone.
Speaker 4: Who's a lorry drive and he's got like scaffolding on the back or timber, telling to call me tomorrow at six ratch for anything, I'm so excited not giving it a sleep tonight.
Speaker 6: Guys, t on that number one more time.
Speaker 4: Nine four one four one oh four three. Put it in your phone and get ready to seund the horn for all my ratchet brothers and sisters. Also dads assemble for our league of dads. We need to get around Jackie boy today he lets slip that he's good for the next two weeks of cooking for his wife. Then she's on her own.
Speaker 6: Then I thought it would go back to the shared system.
Speaker 4: Though really, well, she's kind to be feeding your son as well, so maybe you can forget your finger at your backside and do it for the rest of your life. And son, I need you to know the sacrifices I made for fourteen nights, fourteen days I made.
Speaker 5: I made nice pizza. Wi I got field bats all right.
Speaker 4: So one of the things I want Jack to do one is into the last couple of days before the official drop day, which is Friday, is write a letter to his as yet unborn son about what you want from your relationship together and what kind of dad you intend to be.
Speaker 6: I'll start penning it today.
Speaker 4: Then you get that pen out, get your little lammy out, my friend, any pen license difficult, and we continue to my morning with your aid to z of your pet names.
Speaker 5: That's to my show. Thanks for joining us, have a good day.
Speaker 9: This is the Christian o'commel Show podcast.