Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast last week Their Life. Hey guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking or downloading. On today's episode with Winner, the eleventh eliminated contestant from this year's Australian Survivor, which is now on Network ten, I will be talking about his time in Samoa and of course what he thinks now that the smoke has well and truly been snuffed out on his torch. Australian Survivor Titans Versus Rebels is a show tow that pits the winners against the underdogs and the big wigs against the battlers, with each player competing for the grand prize of half a million dollars. Winner is known across TikTok for his champion food eating and is from New South Wales, Sydney. After being left out of the first vote of the season, Winner made a rebound finding a hidden immunity IDOL and then found his strategic footing after the tribe switch. However, at the first merged vote, Winners Kockin has proved to be his undoing as he called for clarity amongst chaos which was met only with his blind side. Winner shares with me the secret from his childhood that will probably shock most of his followers and explain why food deprivation wasn't his biggest concern. We will talk about how Winterer nearly pulled out of a strand survivor at the last minute and who convinced him to stay. There is a huge revelation that JLP renegged on Winner's immunity necklace and what that might have meant for Winner's game moving forward. Plus we'll find out what Winner really thinks of his best mate Jaden's revenge plan and if he's actually happy to be avenged. There is so much to unpack with Winner today, and he's really fun to talk to. So sit back and relax as we dive just that little bit deeper into the world of Australian survivor.
Speaker 2: How's it going, I'm very well.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 3: I've been saying I feel like I've just died on TV. It's like by Winner and all these posts on social media. It's funny as I feel like I've just died.
Speaker 1: Because you're looking in at it and you've had a TV death.
Speaker 2: Ultimately it feels that way I've died through.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember talking to a guy that was on Home and Away, Dita Brahma, who actually is now dead, but I remember talking to him and he had a TV deap. He played a character on Home and Away and he said that experience was really quite surreal for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got proper emotional. It was like, because I real leave everything. The whole show feels like a vlog, like a family vlog.
Speaker 2: You real live again.
Speaker 3: It's like rewatching a holiday, and every part of it I remember like it was yesterday. So seeing me leave, I just remember the emotions that happened because it was such a good blindside as well for me to leave. It was a perfect day for me to leave. It was such a shock and all those emotions came back and it was like, wow, I was actually proper sad leaving at that point.
Speaker 1: Now you're making me emotional.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because like a day on Survivor feels like a week, and it feels like you've been living with these people. You don't have contact to your loved ones and friends back home as well. This is your new family, and it's like you get separated from them. It's like you don't know when you're going to see them next, even though you're going to see each other in like a few weeks, but it felt that way. You get sent off and the buye is so short, it's like see everyone, an instant silence, like you're alone.
Speaker 2: Now, time for some.
Speaker 1: No one seemed to know what was going to happen in that tribal council.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was chaotic.
Speaker 3: I think maybe because there were so many ad mergers as well, so many conversations. And on top of that, that storm that was happening the two days. The camera couldn't really capture it. It was actually messed like it was piercing down rain, it was freezing. The wind was crazy, like I can't even put it to words. I've never been in weather like that in my life. Couldn't even hear each other talking, and we're all scrambling what's the plan. And on that day, obviously the day before Scott had quit, and Scott quitting and telling you know, everyone the plans that Valerium, Mark and I had just like it.
Speaker 2: Led to an explosion.
Speaker 3: Kitty was like very she's very direct, you know, and black and white so she's like, did you write my name down?
Speaker 2: Did you write my name down? To everyone?
Speaker 3: And it was just like there was no slyness to it, and anyone having a conversation everyone else would be thinking, oh, they're thinking something.
Speaker 2: What are they're plotting now?
Speaker 3: Why various talking to Kitty wise eat and talking to Alex, you know, things like that.
Speaker 2: So it was crazy, the craziest scramble ever.
Speaker 1: You know, something seems to have gone with Kitty, Like, you know, for the start off, it was like a lukewarm character in the background, and then now it's.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, one hundrederstand I mean, it was probably the first time she felt that she was in danger.
Speaker 2: I guess she was quite always.
Speaker 3: Safe with the middle aged Mafi and whatnot.
Speaker 2: And yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Got to see like the fiery Kitty come out for the first time, which was which is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't mess with her. I'm actually scared of her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to be the beast, I mean, she has like some world record, some deadly thing.
Speaker 1: Was Eden right to say that the tribal Council will really determine what's going to happen next and is setting up what's going to happen moving forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, I was saying that morning in my confessional that was it was similar to what happened with my tribe swap. We have a majority and then a few minorities. But fortunately for us back then, the majority was split right down the middle, and it was exactly the same sort of environ. We had Caroline's team versus like my team with Val and Mark, and it was us against each other, and Ferris Raymond Eileen were going to be the deciders that night, so they didn't really have an alliance. Those guys had each other from the get go. From the beginning, they didn't need anyone. They weren't waiting for anyone when merge came, so when they got there, it was just like them in the middle and us fighting against each other. So I said that morning Ferris and Eileen Raymond were going to be the ones deciding who goes home. It was probably my downfall for not doing more damage control with Ferris. I obviously back stabbed in with the get Garack thing, and it wasn't really shown, but that was a massive like backstab on my end. Like I built a very strong relationship with Ferris quickly and Garrick as well. And I love both of them, but just given the strategy we wanted to play, had to get rid of Garrick. But like, I can see why there's so much resentment from Ferris's end towards me.
Speaker 2: So it was the perfect.
Speaker 3: Explosion, you know, Scott quitting and telling everyone my plan, and I had the immunity necklace and I couldn't even use it. No boats happened. The next day came Ferris's resentment. All that coming together, it was like the perfect day for me to get home.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get back into some of this because I feel like, you know, there's a lot to unpack. The question that keeps coming to me is how are you so thin if you're a champion food eater. I'm just a little perplexed about this because like I can't go to KFC without putting on one hundred kilos, So, like, what's your secret.
Speaker 3: I used to be very overweight when I was younger. I was enormous, like unhealthy, Like I've got knee problems. I've got like knock knees that happens when children are too overweight, and my knees full bent inwards. So I grew up in a ti restaurant. My family had a family business, So for twenty years of my life, I was in there just eating everything.
Speaker 2: I used to literally come.
Speaker 3: Home from school and I would put cheese on a plate, put in the microwave, and eat it.
Speaker 2: With a spoon.
Speaker 1: That actually does make a little bit more sense, because to me, I just kept looking at this very trimmed, terrific look and bloke and thinking, how the hell have you conditioned yourself into being able to eat a lot of that food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to be very fat, and I went on like a little weight loss journey things. He's an exercise, and I do a lot of fasting during my comps when I used to do them more.
Speaker 2: I don't do them that as much anymore.
Speaker 3: But I'd be eating like eight ten thousand calories in the day and then I would I would fast for sometimes I did like two three day fast just to let it, you know, digest and sort of undo my sins. And I think that was why I was pretty excited about going on the show as well, like I've already done crazy fast and that I knew the hunger wouldn't really get to me. Lots of training and eating less for a short period of time after you gorge.
Speaker 2: It's a secret, but.
Speaker 1: You look good. So how did you get cast in a Strain and Survivor? You know you were super fan. Did they approach you? I'm assuming because you know you've made quite a bit of noise on social media apps like TikTok. You know there's a good chance they might have come for you there. What's the backstory to getting on a show like this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So they approached me? Are they approached me?
Speaker 3: And to be honest, when I got the message saying you know Survivor this that I thought it was a scam and I didn't even know what Survivor was. I've heard of it from one of my best mates from school. So I had a mate who would always wear the bas and his rooms got all this Survivor stuff and I never had any interest in it. And he said to me that, yes, the best show ever. You would do so well on this show. He's always said it, And I was like, I don't really watch TV shows at all, and it only hit me when I was going through the casting process. It's like, holy moly, this is actually I might actually get the call up. And then when I did, I actually nearly didn't go on. Oh wow, yeah, I nearly didn't go on.
Speaker 1: Because what was the hesitation?
Speaker 3: I just like I was so I still am. I'm so happy with my life, Like I've built my life. I've got an awesome job, you know, all my TikTok stuff I do on the sides, paying decent, and my life is just fun and awesome. Why would I want to be stuck on an island for two months away from my life, can't pay my bills, away from my loved ones and family.
Speaker 2: It didn't really appeal to me.
Speaker 3: And then the more I thought about it and talking to my mate, I was like, far out, Like so many people apply every year, some people would give up their right bullsack to go on this show.
Speaker 1: I don't know what my right bullsack, but you know, yes, I think there's a lot of people. I mean that's just me. I mean you're probably right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I've gone the opportunity to and I love the challenge of it, like I feel like I like to be stimulated in general, in all aspects of my life. I truly like like being challenged. And it's like winning five hundred K. And the more I thought about it, it's about social skills, about physical strength, being analytical, and I'm a firm believer that life is just sales in general. You know, whether you get the job opportunity or not, whether you can take that girl on the date or not.
Speaker 2: It's all sales.
Speaker 3: Building your value and conveying that, delivering that and making things come your way. And that's how I live my life. And the more I looked into the game, I was so excited, Like, You've got a bunch of random people from all walks of life, all ages, all cultures put in one spot that've all got their own techniques of how to build value, how to build relationships, and they're all fighting for five hundred k, putting themselves first.
Speaker 2: That is so fun. And it was like, fuck, yes, I'm out, I'm going.
Speaker 1: Did they talk to you about what the theme was pretty quickly, because I mean you specifically seemed like you suited your theme maybe a little bit more than some of the others. Was that in the initial conversation or did that come later?
Speaker 3: So we never said I'm a Titan, I'm a rebel. To be honest, it funny that you say that I'm more towards a titan because I feel like I should have been of the rebels.
Speaker 1: I think Titan. When I think of the amount of food you're eating, I think that's Titan. You know, you know, after watching your gameplay and I think this has happened for a few of a few of you, really these do start to think maybe it's the other way around.
Speaker 3: I feel like the edit hasn't really shown my gameplay much at all, like my confessionals and the way I thought and the way I navigated through the game. At the end of the day, I don't think it even matters what the theme is, like Titans versus Rebels. At the end of the day, everyone's got a split of both, I reckon.
Speaker 1: I mean, at the end of the day, it's just a really great way to set up a series. At the end of the day, we're watching the same format. I think it's it's not vital. It's not always vital, I should say, you know, I'm assuming last night's result wasn't the clarity that you wanted. What do you think about that speech now?
Speaker 3: I mean, to be honest, I think the way it was edited, it sort of looked like I just said that out of nowhere. But I was answering a question, and I still sick by it. It was sort of like, it doesn't matter how long we talk at tribal for because everyone's going to be saying shit saying this, and that the clarity will come after the votes come out.
Speaker 2: That's sort of what I was saying.
Speaker 1: Well, what was the question then? So j Orp must have asked you a specific question.
Speaker 2: Is there clarity something that? And so he set you up.
Speaker 3: He set me up, and it made me seem like I'm just randomly saying that, like, guys, clarity is coming, Like but yeah, what I meant by that is just all the alliances, like the truth comes out with the votes and that trouble in particular, there was a lot going on and where people actually sit was about to be shown very soon.
Speaker 1: That felt like you were really kind of out of the loop. Who are you most shocked about?
Speaker 2: I actually wasn't shocked at all.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I was shocked that it would happen that night.
Speaker 3: But everyone I thought that would vote for me voted for me, and everyone that was going to vote with me, and I knew wouldn't backstab me also didn't backstab me. So seeing it come up in that way I mean there was some satisfaction there to like my gauge on the game and where players sit. I knew eating they couldn't trust that closely. It was an arm's length alliance. Keaty and Caroline. I knew you never had any sort of loyalty towards me from the get go. They sort of stuck together, and I feel like we just censor them my gut feeling like it was never that genuine. There'd be comments like I think Eden said at merge he said, oh, I told you I would look after Jaden and bring him along, you know, like, there you go win.
Speaker 2: I protected Jayden for you. And I'm just sitting there thinking like, oh thanks, Eden.
Speaker 3: But really, I know for a fact that you didn't bring Jaden along because you wanted to look after him for me. You know, he was someone had voted with you. He would he just want to get through. He would have voted anything you wanted to say.
Speaker 2: And it was perfect for Jaden. He made it all the way through the merge. He navigated that.
Speaker 3: Well, but don't you don't come to me and say I did it for you when I like it already sends a lack of you know, it wasn't a genuine nature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the generosity. Talking about Jaden, we saw a sneak peek, you know, of him getting pretty noisy about, you know, him revenging your demise. Ultimately, do you want him to avenge you? Do you want him to do that revenge plan?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say I want him to revenge me, like I don't feel like, oh that guy got me, I want him to get him back.
Speaker 2: Not at all.
Speaker 3: It's more I want him to go as far as he can and the fact that this has triggered a fire in him for him to properly play the game.
Speaker 2: It really excites me.
Speaker 3: And Jada is actually so smart and clever, and I think through TV it sort of looks like he's not in touch with what's going on, but it's more his laid back nature. He actually is very socially aware, and as an alliance, I think he's probably one of the best people to align with because he's so loyal. He's black and white, which maybe is a downfall in this game. You know, if you don't like someone, you shouldn't just outright let them know. But yeah, I think it's time for Jaden to come out and for the people to see how good he is as well.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to happen. Do you think all these players that are still left in there wanting to revenge people? You know, we've got Valeria wanting to avenge Viola. I don't necessarily know if that's going to work well for their game plan. Shouldn't you just stick to what you were doing, because might it be a distraction to change some of your ideas on getting to the end just to you know, avenge someone exactly.
Speaker 3: I think I agree with you completely. I would have done the same. I don't think I would have thought of revenge at all. At the end of the day, you came to this island trying to win that five hundred K, trying to be the last one there. Like, sure, people backstab you this that happens, but that's personal feelings that you have to separate from the game. We're going to see each other off the island in a few months anyway. Right now, you want to get to the next day and you want to be the sole survivor, so think about the steps that get you to that point. So I don't think revenge and you know, all that's important, but I can also see why it would be like satisfying to do that.
Speaker 1: A big talking point as well is, you know, did you think that Scott leaving the show should have allowed for your immunity to be used the next day? We saw you not being able to use that, and now everyone's talking about that online about what could have or should have happened in that scenario. I get the feeling that I think that they could have rolled the challenges again, because that's a big obstacle of the game where well, if he's winners immune, still we don't do the challenges. Where I think that they could have rolled those challenges again and then two people would have had immunity in that tribal council, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agree. I you know, I won the challenge.
Speaker 3: It was so painful and I didn't even get to use it. And I think Scott quitting is external to the game, right like he I completely get him trying to quit, but why quit at tribal you know, why not quit the next morning after we vote, Like Scott was one of our crucial numbers we needed that night as well. And yeah, there was a moment I sort of went aside and just had to chat with some people, like just on like the internal gameplay, certain people were supposed to be voted out tonight. If you want to quit, that's completely fine, but that's external to the game. So I don't think it's right that you interfere with the game internally and say, you know, vote for me.
Speaker 2: Like all the mental health stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, fair enough, it's fucking horrible out there, but you're affecting the gameplay right now. Just do it tomorrow? One more sleep and yeah. I asked Jonathan specifically at travel that night, do I get to use this tomorrow? And he said yes, and then he got taken away.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a twist of that. It's interesting because I was thinking about this, so I wondered if coming off the back of having an immunity, you know, that kind of leaks into some false confidence that you have over the next twenty four hours. Did that kind of play into it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think the necklace the only thing I got from winning that was probably getting a target on my back. I was already too confident at that point in the game. I don't think the necklace changed much. I already I was quite confident in my physical ability to win challenges. That I'm the most athletic person out there, but relatively to the group, and I think I just got too comfortable. You know, I'm a first time player. I don't have that much experience watching this show. I got too comfortable, and I think just given the numbers we had and just how the dynamics of the group was, I was so confident that I didn't even bring my stuff to tribal.
Speaker 2: That's so confident I was. I wasn't going to get home.
Speaker 3: I left my pants, my bag, everything back at the camp and I went straight there. So it was the perfect blind side for me. I think if re voted for Caroline it was a tie, it would have changed the game completely because then.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I was thinking watching that both times, Like I watched the series the episode twice, and I was thinking, that would have been amazing if you'd gone to Ree. And did you have a good relationship. Do you feel like, in hindsight that your relationship was with Ree was strong enough for you to be able to swing her vote to putting it on Caroline.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it was strong enough at all. At that point.
Speaker 3: I had only so Ree was the only person that hadn't met yet. I've met everyone from tribes FOP and og days, and I've Rea hadn't met yet. And I knew Ree was close to Kirby, and I had faith in Kirby's relationship with Ree to vote with us. And Ree obviously had that dilemma do I go with Caroline a new relationships call Kirby?
Speaker 2: And then she went bang down the middle, which makes sense.
Speaker 1: It did make sense, but it kind of felt like a fumbled handball in a way, you know what I mean, Like, had she taken control of her game, she could have made a bigger decision. You know. I kind of feel like, at this point, we've been set up to believe this was a Faerres Kirby battle.
Speaker 3: I'd say probably Caroline versus like vow vow Mark, I'd say more Kirby. I feel like was she was chilling out. It was funny because I was used to seeing Kirby versus Ferris. At that point the energy from both of the completely change. It was like, sweet, we made it to merge. We got our people, let's be low key, and they were sort of like just enjoying eating popcorn for Caro versus vowel group.
Speaker 1: I reckon, what do you think we're going to see in these final weeks that we lead up to that final tribal council. What are you envisioning is going to happen.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of loyalty in both groups and even Ferris's group, and I think it's going to be very interesting the way these groups work together. Like my night leaving was the first time we saw Caroline and Farris's group work together, which is crazy, Like, you know, they've barely ever had engagement with each other and they work together and yeah, I mean it's probably like most mergers and survivor, but it's an absolute shit storm now. It's a shit storm now, and there's bonds that are so strong. I'm very excited to see how Jaden goes because he voted with me, and in effect, he's broken the trust.
Speaker 2: That he built for so long.
Speaker 3: You know, he built all this trust with Caroline Eden Kitty and voted against them for me, and I'm super excited to see how he navigates through that. And it's the first time he's going to yeah properly, you know, show people what he's got.
Speaker 2: And now I'm super excited how.
Speaker 1: Many people are making it to jury? Have you made jury?
Speaker 3: I did not make jury, So yeah, interesting in that sweet spot of not making it to jury and going home post merge. So yeah, I'm not sure how many people.
Speaker 1: At least you made it. At least you made it to the you know, to the you know, to the merged. You know, that's that's what people want, right, you know, that's a good that's a pretty good effort.
Speaker 3: I've got a very good taste of everything. I feel like my first time on the show, never watched that many. I found an idol. I escaped the minority in the tribe swap, made merge, won the first individual individual immunity, Like, I got a taste of the whole Savary experience apart from jury.
Speaker 2: So I'm so grateful. It was straight up at top of my life.
Speaker 1: Well, you can come back for that. That's fine. I've been asking people in the game of Survivor if you can finish that sentence.
Speaker 3: In Survivor, I've learned that life is sales, just like how you should live your life.
Speaker 2: In Survivor.
Speaker 3: You need to build relationships, you need to build your value in the tribe. But the most important thing is to never be comfortable. When you're comfortable, that's when you should be uncomfortable. There is no certainty in the game at all. Certainty is uncertainty. So I'd say that's my biggest, biggest finding from my experience.
Speaker 1: Everyone who joins the podcast, I asked them the question, what is something from behind the scenes, something that we didn't get a chance to see, something from your time in Samoa that you can share with us.
Speaker 3: Ferris at Tribe Swap came out of the tenth and goes, holy fuck, who's underwear am I wearing?
Speaker 2: And Raymond's like, oh shit, are you wearing mine? Are you wearing mine?
Speaker 3: And then we're having a look at it, and then turns out it was mine. And then I said, Ferris, don't worry, bro, it's clean. Arrius is like, how is it clean? And I said, because I've been free bawling since day one.
Speaker 2: I haven't worn them at all.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the funniest thing we know.
Speaker 1: I think you've given me. I think you've given me my best behind the scenes for this season Times versus Rebels, So thank you.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's okay. Enjoy I hope enjoy.
Speaker 1: That, but we'll love it. Thank you so much for your generosity with your time and chatting with me today. I thoroughly enjoyed watching you on the show. I think you did a fantastic job and I can't wait to see what you do next. I am following you now on all YouTube times.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I got to get it back on my content, grand I haven't been posting it all out a free shed it.
Speaker 2: Thanks for your time today. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun. It was a lot of fun. Mate, look after yourself.
Speaker 2: Thanks you too.
Speaker 1: M