Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Ah you with Flex and Frooms, And as always, I'd love you to just take a deep breath in.
Speaker 1: And a deep breath out and then just keep doing that while you listen to us.
Speaker 3: You've got to survive, don't start then.
Speaker 2: Take a deep breath and run off approach. He start dissociating, no FLEXI. I was on TikTok and I saw this chick was making chicken in a pan with little shorts and a bra on, and the caption was when I catch myself trying to look sexy at home and I remember, and then this is in quotations, you are a woman with a man inside watching a woman.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: You are a woman with a man inside watching a woman. Who are you talking to? And I thought, wow, see okay, So wait a second.
Speaker 3: When I said, I'm back on my Instagram quotes right, and I said, I read a quote that says, in order for a wound to heal, you gotta stop touching it. And you all hated that, But you're telling me you're a woman with a man inside you, and a woman that's deep.
Speaker 1: If you did not understand what I said. Do you let me explain it. You are a woman in the world, correct, and you're at home feeling and looking quote unquote sexy. Okay, And what the.
Speaker 2: TikTok is trying to convey is that there is a man inside you, where.
Speaker 3: There's a man in my height and you are you know, I'm performing to my inner man.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, No need no more words. Do you relate to this.
Speaker 3: Hmmm? In some ways yes, but a lot of ways no, because I don't feel like traditionally sexy, you know, like I'm trying to find the words for like when I think of you mentioned a couple of weeks ago about this like sex symbol, it's very specific archetype because I don't feel that way. I'm like, I don't know if the person that's observing me is the man.
Speaker 1: But it goes.
Speaker 3: But it is like it of course, it is like even if I feel like I'm being sexy in like a in like a non male gayzy way, it's not really the case. Because there's some software He's like, I like that one. There's some software he's like, oh, I like that mismatch. I like those twoth gems and that belly tattoo and I like it out, So yeah, I get it. But I also don't think it's a helpful narrative because, babes, it's like, what do you do with that information? Because you can't detach from the way that you've been socialized to view your own beauty and sexuality unless you want to go into a white torture room as you suggested, and you want to remove yourself from all of these things that make you you. You are the sum of all of it, the male gayzy bit, the unconventional female gayzy bit, all of it. I will say, though sometimes I read that, I'm like, okay, cool, Like the sexiness I get to see in myself isn't less valid because it came from the lens of the oppressor.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: I feel good about myself today, thank you. Yeah, well, I'm going to take from it.
Speaker 1: I don't think you have to completely detach to believe that.
Speaker 2: It's like when we were talking about beauty standards earlier, the point that I was trying to make is that in order for people who are maybe not the conventional right now twenty twenty three beauty standard, they can create STU.
Speaker 1: You can be your year, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear the actual chat, go back through the archives. We had a more in depth conversation about this. I think it's helpful for me.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: As a victim, as a victim of the man inside me, oppressing me from the inside out.
Speaker 1: In each one of these.
Speaker 3: He never clocks off this this, this is the personal project for me, a passion project, and I'll do it for free.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune in to cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.