Speaker 1: Laura, come on, hello, mis churie.
Speaker 2: We love you here at the pickup. That was so connocent.
Speaker 3: I'm like the cousin.
Speaker 4: No one wants a Christmas we love it's actually forced to do with.
Speaker 5: You just about to go live, and she goes, let's all say hello at the same time, and then Laura and I just looked at him blankly.
Speaker 3: One job, you have to dry like a clown.
Speaker 2: You are a clown, happily, but an adorable clown. We'll take you.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show, Welcome to Wednesday. So Ben and I have been having like this age old debate. It's so cliche. Yeah, my fiancee ban Sorry, I thought you guys were sick with hearing me to say the word.
Speaker 2: Fiance Neil engaged a couple of weeks deep.
Speaker 5: Do you put your chocolate in the fridge or the pantry pantry?
Speaker 6: And the fridge changes every pantry It changes texture, it changes the hardness, it changes the smooth meltability.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, okay, that makes it snappy like crunchy.
Speaker 5: We are literally buying a block of chocolate. Then we have to snap it in half, and then I have to wrap mine up and glad wrap to put in the pantry, I was thinking the same thing, calling off that again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can find someone better match to you than that. I know, I hate him already.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. But here is Swiss and of chocolate, barthplace of chocolate.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's onto something, but that's what he's telling me, right, He's like, babe, if anyone knows chocolate, it's the Swiss, Like we are, without doubt, and they are. They do amazing chocolate. But once you put chocolate in, and I know people are in the car right now and you fridge or your pantry, but once you put chocolate, like think of a gooey soft caramel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm with you. That's in the fridge, it's going to break a tooth off. It loses it like all deliciousness. Anyway, let's get on with it.
Speaker 4: Let's just say do what you want to do and whatever makes you happy. Next, Laura's mother in law. Oh my god, she got scammed, poor Ellie, didn't. She wash was overseas, she did.
Speaker 6: We've been talking a lot about scamming recently. And look she you know, she's in her seventies. She traveled to France by herself. I was like, so proud of her that she did get scammed along the way.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a psa almost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta have your wits about you, all right, that's next.
Speaker 3: I'm the Piggert.
Speaker 6: So recently we've been talking quite a bit. Seems to be a recurrent theme on this show. We've been talking about scams. Yeah, right, being scammed, which I think most people would like to think that they are above being scammed, but it is surprising how often it happens and to the types of people that happens to.
Speaker 2: We even spoke to Sam Fisher, amazing musician.
Speaker 3: She exists on This is Sam.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Then we spoke to him about how he got scammed from from a bank call and look, it didn't turn out too well for him.
Speaker 7: Have listened to this, Okay, So this was like five pm in the afternoon. I'm in the UK. I get a text saying, Hey, did you spend five hundred and forty one dollars and whatever cents at this place in Austin, Texas? And I was like no, no, And then they sent another text that was did you spend one hundred and whatever dollars in this place in Texas?
Speaker 2: It's escalating now I'm not in Dexas.
Speaker 7: And then it was like, call this number and it was like from my bank, and I called and they had the exact same automated voice, and so then I was literally on the phone for like hours and they were like, oh, we know, we need to do security questions. They were like, what's your like mother's maiden name, what's your They got your dogs.
Speaker 3: Name, was like you thought you were verifying because I see the answer, but here's where I should have stopped.
Speaker 7: So I would give an answer, and then I would get a security code and they'd be like, can you read me the car? And so they got into my online banking and they still fourteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: If it could happen to celebrity Sam Fisher, could happen to anyone.
Speaker 6: Well, it did happen to someone someone very dear to me recently, So you guys know we've spoken to her many times in the show.
Speaker 2: Ellie Johnson. She is my mother in law.
Speaker 6: Recently she retired and she went on an amazing trip to France.
Speaker 2: So she went away for a couple of months.
Speaker 6: It was like the trivial lifetime and on the first week of her being over there, she called us and said, I think I might want to come home because you heard it she got scammed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, welcome to the show, Ellie.
Speaker 4: I was going to.
Speaker 2: Ellie, where were you? And what happened?
Speaker 8: All right? I would say that in the first forty eight hours I was scammed about twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Ellie wasn't just scammed once.
Speaker 6: She was scammed a couple of times.
Speaker 8: I know it looks and I honestly consider myself a fairly experienced, well traveled person. The first scam and I really think it's worth while letting people know that. I was told that I would need a transit V in Singapore and the best thing to do was to apply for it before you left Australia. So they said, just google Singapore Visa blah blah. So hup, pops up this official form, filling it in and then suddenly a payment form came up and I sat, oh, there's a charge. Build it all out. But then there wasn't an amount shown, but it went straight back to the application form, which I built in and I got my visa. It wasn't until I checked my statement that I was charged almost two hundred dollars for the visa. I checked with my travel agents and they said, there is no charge for a transit visa.
Speaker 6: So there's these websites out there that are fake websites and the charge you a fee to process the visa for you.
Speaker 8: I didn't cancel my card. I alerted the bank that it was a scam.
Speaker 3: Wow, scam aside? Was there any in France?
Speaker 8: I love the music, but one thing, and look you knew. Might think, oh, come on, you made bus mistake. But I knew to get a taxi from Paris. Got to the airport, knew that my taxi fair would be about fifty three euro to the hotel. I knew not to connect with all these guys who are approaching me. No, no, no want of legit taxi. Got to the exit doors at the airport, big sign taxi gentlemen came up, madam, would you like me to organize a taxi? It was pouring down with rain. Oh that would be lovely, thank you. Thinking he was an official taxi guy, he then talked to a younger guy who escorted me. He said, look, madam, it's raining. You get in the car. I will take your bags. That I will take the trolley. I didn't check that there was a meter in the taxi and that was not one hundred and thirty europe.
Speaker 9: Oh no, but Ellie, yeah, you still had an amazing trip and you have managed to avoid Mitch's one question that he asked, and that is amongst all the scamming, was there any French love?
Speaker 8: Well, I could kind of pretend that that was twus. This starg came was to the chaputi, which is like.
Speaker 2: It was a salami, but not one that not that kind.
Speaker 3: Well, you've heard of Emily in Paris. It was his car Elle, No, we got that here.
Speaker 8: It was his cocko vam.
Speaker 6: Oh well, Kelly, this is a This is a three PM radio show Paris.
Speaker 3: Now Eli in Paris. I want to watch that Netflix series.
Speaker 2: We're talking about love.
Speaker 5: Next up, we're going to be talking about green flags dating. When you when you're in those early stages, you go to someone's house, what's the green flag?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: So often in relationships we talk about red flags that the things that you need to look out for, especially if you're in the early stages of dating, Like, what are those red flags that could indicate that that person that you're going on dates with.
Speaker 2: Is actually a bit of an ahole. I bought mission.
Speaker 6: Just get out of there real quick, like another girlfriend or yeah back. But it's like, what are the things that might indicate that they have another girlfriend, Like maybe they're secreted with their phone, or they wedding band yeah, or a.
Speaker 3: Date they put their phone face down on the table.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe they'd been polite. No, man, that's a red flag. Is a big faced out all the time, it's been polite with those around you. It also could mean that you're texting another.
Speaker 6: Guy rude to wait stuff red red flag. Yeah, okay, so this is it. Everyone knows the red flags like they are, like there's a lot of them and they are very common. But there is an article it's going viral and red at a thread at the moment where everyone is talking about green flags. Now, I think we need to start celebrating or talking more about the things that we should be looking out for, especially if you're walking into someone's house and you're sussing out where they live. Maybe it's a one night stand, maybe you're thinking about dating them, and you're like, uh huh, okay, they have that thing there that's a green flag.
Speaker 2: That's a man who has his shit together, but he knows what to do. What's an exam?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I have an example of one of these green flags for me walking into a man's bathroom and him having any type of shampoo and conditioner. That is not a two in one. That's a green flag. That's a man who takes a little bit like he takes a bit more sort of you know, responsibility in the way he looks, and he he has moved on from being a teenager in my eye.
Speaker 5: But what if that is also indicative of friends.
Speaker 3: Conditions here doesn't mean he's got a girl.
Speaker 2: No, But I do agree with you, Britt.
Speaker 6: I think that there is a paper thin fine line between something being a green flag and something actually being an indicator that maybe they have a female in their life. Like ASoP, Yeah, that's a rich green flag. That's not a green there's a girl there. Yeah, they're loaded.
Speaker 4: He You know mine is if you're walking, if you've got like a date or hookup, you walk into his kitchen and there is used cooking stuff, like there's olive oil out, or there's pans that he's just recently used.
Speaker 3: That man cooks, he can provide cleanup. He still left this stuff out not messy.
Speaker 4: But you know, there's a big difference between a kitchen that's not the kitchen that's got stuff active ingredients.
Speaker 5: I like the cooking thing because I can't cook, So a man that can cook for me like good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If you walk into a house and they have like photos of their family are like, they're really wholesome family people, like if they've gone to the effort to frame a photos the photos of their family, but not of their family with their wife in it.
Speaker 2: Also a great indicator.
Speaker 3: Obsessed with this.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am okay. What are your green flags? This one? I care about a lot real house plants.
Speaker 6: I think if you can keep a house planet alive, that shows that you were responsible.
Speaker 2: At all, you're a man. I will datestal like clean air.
Speaker 3: What's your green flags you look out for?
Speaker 8: My green flag is a plain house and like if it doesn't smell life dog, I'm cool.
Speaker 7: La La.
Speaker 5: A clean house could be indicative of psychopathycho path which you have Serial killer.
Speaker 2: It's because Laura's house is so messing.
Speaker 6: So picky.
Speaker 4: Of course, you have to do a reality dating show to find your husband because you're insane.
Speaker 2: She's insane, that's true. Well, I think it has to be a little bit between.
Speaker 6: I think you don't want the house to be so clean that that person is going to be like anal to be around, that they're going to be like, excuse me, where's that bullgo goes back in the You know someone who's clean.
Speaker 2: When you're coming up from a date, Laura's like, yes, Laura.
Speaker 4: Hey, this meal you made me in your kitchen. Then you got photos of your mom. Do you think you are cleaning for me?
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm the red flag you are.
Speaker 3: I think that's where we've leared. Sarah, Hi, what's what's your red flat or your green flag?
Speaker 8: Sorry this could be contentious, but someone that asks us you leave.
Speaker 9: Your shoes at the door, taking your shoes off?
Speaker 2: No, do you know what? I used to be on board with that.
Speaker 5: When I used to go to Peel's house and then say to leave your shoes at the door. I used to think, Okay, crazy person. But I recently read a study about how dirty your shoes are and walking that into someone's house.
Speaker 2: I'm all about it now. I think take your shoes off. I wish my husband would pay attention.
Speaker 5: To like pooh, when stuff is on your shoes and like bugs and gems and viruses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: He always wears his joggers inside the house dories and crazy.
Speaker 3: Listen if you do in the date right, shoes end up off anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so's everything else all right?
Speaker 3: That's kind of what I was painting a picture just lent.
Speaker 5: In A very deep debate is going on in the Hockley slash Hothy household. I say, Hothy, that's my sister in law's husband.
Speaker 2: So, my sister.
Speaker 5: Sherry is pregnant about seven months now, I think.
Speaker 2: Don't quote me on that, but she's nearing the end.
Speaker 5: And they've sort of been butting heads since well, even before they conceived, Like it's always been that debate about when we have a baby, will we find out the sex?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. My brother in law, Jay really really wants to know.
Speaker 5: He wants to be organized, he wants to be able to plan, get his head around what it's going to be, think of names.
Speaker 2: My sister Sherry never wanted to know.
Speaker 5: Now so far she has gotten away, like they haven't found out right, and she's six or seven months, but still Jay's saying, can we find out now?
Speaker 2: There's still time, like, there's still eight weeks to go.
Speaker 5: And then I've brought that conversation to my partner Ben, because that's what you do, right, Like what would you want to do in that situation? Ben really wants to find out the sex too. I just think you have such little surprises in life as it is, Like how if you think as an adult, how often other times where you're going to be that blown away on that level? And so we're butting heads about what we would do now too. What do you guys think? Are you like pro finding out the sex?
Speaker 6: I mean, both both my kids were surprises, and we spoke about this the other day, and I think it comes down to the mum.
Speaker 2: And I say this.
Speaker 6: I know that some people won't agree with this, but I really didn't want to know. My husband, Matt, he was so desperate to find out the first time, he was like, Okay, I know this is important. You've never been pregnant before, we can have the surprise. The second time I was pregnant, I was like, I want a surprise as well, and he felt as though because it was the second pregnancy, he should get us say and we should find out what we were having But I think if you're the one carrying the baby, if you're the one doing all the work birth in it, you have to push it out of you or pull it out of you or however, it's like you're doing everything. I think if you want to, if you don't want to know, then that's your decision to make. And Matt so he was like, well, I'll just find out. I'll get the doctor to tell me and then you know, I'll be the one that knows and it can be a surprise for you. And I was like, no, I don't want to be the only one in that room that doesn't know what's coming out at me.
Speaker 3: But there's fifty to fifty your baby, his.
Speaker 2: Child, Yes, but he doesn't have to do fifty to fifty if the.
Speaker 4: Work you Straight couples are the only couples I'm ever gonna have a wife that I'm going to have a decision with, Like.
Speaker 5: If I still have this, you could still have this conversation about finding out the sex of your baby if it's a sorry, no, I know.
Speaker 4: But my baby's no less my baby than surrogates. Just because she's having it. She gives it there and goes it's.
Speaker 3: It's in my womb.
Speaker 7: I will not.
Speaker 6: But the surrogate could find out what she's having. She she's allowed to. She just you won't find out in that instance, I wouldn't want her, okay, But what about you and your you and your partner, what like, how would you two men who were both having a surrogate baby together, because you don't have the you don't have the debate of like, well, I'm carrying the baby, so I'm going to I don't I'm not going to find out.
Speaker 2: How would you navigate that?
Speaker 3: Well, might be a designer baby. I would have chosen the eye color and the hair color.
Speaker 6: And can't you can't choose a gender. Really no, you can't. Really, no, they're not. They don't allow that, no kidding. So this was like reverse.
Speaker 5: My brother and his wife they had their first child together and she really wanted to find out and he didn't. He wanted a surprise. So again she's like, my body, my choice kind of thing. I'm pushing it out, I'm going to find out, and he's he's begging it.
Speaker 2: Please don't tell me.
Speaker 5: She's like, I'll find out. You don't have to when the baby's born. That can be your moment, and Mitch was like, but that's not gonna work. You're gonna slip up in some capacity and you always do. So she went and found out and he really didn't want to know. Lasted about four weeks and she blurted out, you know, I can't wait for him to come ruin the surprise to my brother. But this is why it doesn't work. This is why I think couples need to commit to the to the finding out or not finding out, because you can't keep that secret for that long.
Speaker 6: I agree, but there's there's just two types of people. There's people who were organized who don't like surprises and they want to know, and then there's people who quite like the idea. But I agree with what you said the bit start, Britt. There are very few things in life that are happy surprises. Often when you're an adult, the surprises that you have are not really very suit job or yeah, they're the're things that you weren't prepared for and they're horrible.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I kind of think in this instance, like what's waiting another couple of months and there is nothing for me? There was nothing more magical than like this baby being there and finding out.
Speaker 2: That she was a little girl.
Speaker 4: This shocks me, Laura, like, because you just you're that's You're not like you're very controlled with your life, like you're across everything, like you you're very like with your businesses or very planned.
Speaker 6: I'm very not though, like in terms of I'm really I'm a great facade that I've pulled you into thinking of myself.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know she was pregnant when I came out. I love chaos. I literally thought I had introgests came out of baby. It was months dash Strogan, Wow, that's a big poop. Crying