Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms. Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Another podcast, Thank Goodness, let the girl speak at length about things they want to speak about. What does a girl you have to do to yip yap with her friend on the job?
Speaker 1: Be real? This exactly.
Speaker 2: You keep saying, be real, and I keep thinking about the app.
Speaker 1: You know, I haven't posted it. Yeah, it's annoying that I keep saying that. But here we are.
Speaker 2: And here I was early to my b real slander and you guys couldn't hack it, and here we are. You've all dropped off naturally because there wasn't any longevity in it anyway. And that's not shade. There was an observation based on current social media practices. It was asking for too much and giving very little in return. Here's the partty.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kaita.
Speaker 2: Today's big question is all about what the rules are for borrowing your friend's clothes? Sound self explanatory. Apparently not. We have a TikTok from using Steph dag check this out.
Speaker 3: There is nothing more frustrating than when you're a friend wears your clothes outside of the agreed terms of your contract. Like if I let you borrow my dress for a wedding, but then I see an instant story of you wearing that dress two weeks later out at a bar. Oh, we're gonna have a problem.
Speaker 2: I was surprised to jump in the comments and see that the response wasn't unanimous. So here a few top comments. First person says, no, I'm wearing it as much as I can, for I have to give it back long. Next person, as long as I get it back in the same condition as they got it in, I don't care. Third person, isn't that like the point of sharing with friends?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 2: Fourth porson and in front of mutual friends. I'm never letting them borrow anything ever.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: Last person says, these comments are lying. You can't possibly enjoy watching someone use your clothes that much? Are you a bad friend if you don't want to share your clothes with your friends? What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: So first and foremost, my friend let me borrow a top the other day, and I wore it on the said occasion. I then end up wearing it four more times and I and you got I uploaded a picture I've uploaded this last week. Yeah, okay, putting it on the grid.
Speaker 2: Like when you borrow at the top. Did you set terms and conditions and say, hey, I need this.
Speaker 1: I was at her house for drinks before going out. Okay, so you cornered her no because pession I did. I said, I don't want to wear the top of the rings too titty. So she gave me that one. So I need that one specifically. But I will say, I have a list of items that I refuse to share with people. Would you like me to read them? Mountain? Yeah, number one. This is something that people always want to borrow, and I have let them borrow it before, but it's giving massive scared vibes when they take it. It is my Avarex jacket, my bomber jacket.
Speaker 2: You wear that too often enough that if that can't be loan, that's your every day Jack's my every day jacket cold you're wearing it.
Speaker 1: I bought it from gray Old. They retail for about five hundred dollars. I bought it for about two hundred, and that's vintage, exactly my mcdonald'st.
Speaker 2: I can imagine it's my Rubbie Mitts all over that one.
Speaker 1: People have also borrowed that however, that can be washed, So that's okay, my chanelle.
Speaker 2: Who's asking to borrow Chanell notacorum.
Speaker 1: My Chanell Long nineteen ninetyes vintage coat inappropriate, my chilic condition, and perhaps most alarmingly, my memu, Oh, my memeu heels bush pigs for friends. Mymea heels, tiny snappable heel with beautiful flowers that almost have like a daisy by March. Jenial's lab bought them. Vindig, You're okay, that's actually that's going to stay in the fam, which means me.
Speaker 2: I like to think that with most things, there is a delicate social contract in which we kind of understand the rules, and if we don't, we are on the side of caution. I feel like people with sisters, and I'm talking generally women friendships, I recognize people with sisters may not understand what that contract is because that relationship is about not respecting boundaries. Yeah, I understand if it like filters over into other dynamics, so you need to assess that. But generally speaking, unless you went raised by a parent who instilled a healthy amount of fear, guilt and shame and too, you you acknowledge it. Like I'm given this opportunity, for this opportunity and not for anything else. I don't think people as a standard push the boundaries. Letting people borrow clothes kind of reminds me of the backwash phenomena. You know, you're sharing a drink with someone and you have a slight inkling that they could be backwashing, so you just rescind it to them. It's like it's yours now.
Speaker 1: I don't share.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel like clothes sometimes, like in some instances, you have it because I just know it's not coming back in the way that it needs to come back, and I know that rather than me carry any animosity in my heart, I would feel better if it felt like I gifted it to you. So I didn't you think about it?
Speaker 1: But should I not upload this? She's a good friend of mine?
Speaker 2: I mean, have you given the top back?
Speaker 1: No, I've been meaning to. She's away. We don't believe you. I think that's why. No, I'm being serious. I'm being serious.
Speaker 2: I think that you should you not upload that. I think you should give upload it. No, I think you should give the top back first, then upload it.
Speaker 1: No, because she's a way right now, so I can't give it to her. Is it urgent me posting this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is why I'm posting a newsletter. Is it bad? I don't think it's bad. But it's also our mutual friend's friends. Mikayla, do you think it's bad at all?
Speaker 4: I have a friend who posts photos in.
Speaker 1: My clothes, and how do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: I just say that's my shat every time she posts it, and I don't care.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're bold.
Speaker 4: I don't care about it. I don't want that shirt Anywayswash she's done. Yeah, she's had it for like a good four months longer.
Speaker 2: She's lived in it.
Speaker 4: She's lived in it. I don't want to anay Moore far out.
Speaker 1: Mikayla, as they do everything with caution. Be well. We have a listener who's told us that there's been a situation with him and his girlfriend. I'm just going to play the text. Am I am I the asshole. I've been dating Ella for two months now. When you're calling it about them, I the ass one. This in two months two months each other kill her. My family is from an Asian background, so a majority of the food I cook just for myself includes peanuts and other nuts because It's an important ingredient in my cultural dishes, say with the whole chest.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I live alone, so I just make my own food for myself. But because of Ella's allergy, I don't make foods with peanuts in them because I know I'm also cooking for her. Her allergy is only reactive if she ingests a good amount of the actual nut. Are you a doctor, Okay? Anaphylaxic surgeon, and he's unaffected by smell, airborne and small traces of cross contamination. Recently, I made a dish which contains a heavy usage of nuts blended into the curry so you can't see that they're there, and I left the left dos in my fridge. Ella came around while I was in the shower, and during that time she apparently went into my fridge and helped herself to a big portion of the curry and immediately started having an allergic reaction. Luckily, she hadow EpiPen and was okay after a few minutes, but she went absolutely off and me, accusing me of causing her arm. I felt extremely guilty that she had a bad allergic reaction into my food, and I apologized profusely and off to take her to the hospital, but she was just screaming at me the whole time. She said that if I really cared about her, I should have labeled all my food for her and let her know. Oh am I the assle?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Do you know what this reminds me of?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: There's one stating a guy who bought me a microwave for a gift, thinking about it was like a microwave and something for a birthday, and I was so pissed. I had the worst week. I'm what is this? I don't eat left because I don't want to. And then, in a fit of rage, I was getting some cordial out of my fridge, you know, the glass bottle of schwepes, and I dropped it and it smashed everywhere. As he was helping me clean it up, I'd convince myself that he dropped it.
Speaker 3: I was like, why do you do this?
Speaker 1: He's like what And I was like, see, see, I'm a sicko. But this is the exact same situation. Cold ye. Look, I'm gonna say she stepped into that, and I'm sorry, but if you're allergic to nuts, you gotta be hyperfielchill babes. Yeah, you have your EpiPen on your on purpose and you know it's because you're a liability.
Speaker 2: But also we're getting really comfortable to two months in. We're walking into the house, we're opening the fridge, we're picking through leftovers.
Speaker 1: Hands off, How did.
Speaker 2: She asked him? Oh? My goodness, I can have a little snacky snack. You know some of my best friends I've known my whole life. I sort of the cordial Oh can I borrow? Even though I don't need to ask? Because just in case I can't, now I know you've got and poisoned yourself and flip the switch.
Speaker 1: Oh one of us, one of us pop culture you missed with Flex and Frooms on kit.
Speaker 2: Question for you, should people get paid to have children?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Babe? What I'm pushing a couple out for free? What grimes shout out?
Speaker 2: Elon Musk's Baby Mama was on the lex Friedmom podcast talking about motherhood and how she feels it under a capitalist system, it should be rewarded and then should be a monetary value add to it.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 6: I feel like producing great humans should be seen as a great as profit under capitalism, Like that should be That's like a huge social good, like every awesome human that gets made as so much to the world.
Speaker 2: I don't think the world is ready for this, but points are being made so much so that I wrote some notes what I'd like to read off as Grime says, if it was compensated, we've be incentivized to produce great humans. It could be then a community of vocation, not like a self interested individualistic act. So you start to think I'm being compensated to do this bit in a way, they don't need to think about whether I enjoy it or I don't enjoy it. Similarly to the way that we approach traditional work, right, I don't think a lot of us live and breathe this idea of going to a nine to five and spending forty hours there. But it's a means to an end because it provides us the money that provides us the life that we want. Alternatively, when you kind of like take the empathy and the readiness out of child bearing and parenting, suddenly you get to make an informed choice based on your lifestyle and your income. Do you know what I mean? I think a lot of people don't actually think about if they're ready to rear a child. They think about if they're ready to be perceived as a parent. Oh two different things. Yeah, oh you know, like, well I still have my friends, Like will I be able to go on holiday babes? You about to raise a person who's going to interact with other people?
Speaker 1: Why do we have to make it that it's It feels very much like I think parents already feel a lot of pressure. This is putting the pressure on too much. We all feel pressure. No pressure, I think.
Speaker 2: I just also think like when people talk about the realities of parenting, they talk a lot about their investment, the time, the energy, the money. Had the average person been said or been given a warning and said, hey, you know, we've decided that we need people to have kids the going raise five hundred KA a year. We need you to ensure this kid is nurtured. We're gonna do aptitude tests, strength tests, endurance tests.
Speaker 1: You're not no way as someone who nearly foiled the nap Land. You're seven year nine before I nearly failed at and yet and yeah, I mean here we are here.
Speaker 2: We flexing froom with Grimes, cater flex and Grimes next week.
Speaker 1: Sometimes our producing Mikayla really brings in some exciting content. We have a page on Instagram called Flex and Frooms. You can go and catch some more of our content. We've got some video content on there. Somebody sent us this DM which is apparently a voice note about a dream room.
Speaker 5: I dreamed of Flex and Frooms last night. All I remember is I walked up to flex and froome in a festival like scenario. Through me had a lanner lips lip barm and in the top of it was a hollow needle like the people that take your blood use, and she was tangular about to put it in Flexi's arm, draw blood into the lanner lips lip arm container. Do I know why? I have no idea, but I woke up and I smiled because I realized that somehow in there we got some like Twilight content and a PostScript. It wasn't It wasn't freaking nightmarish at all. Everyone was joyous. It was a great time.
Speaker 2: The cult of Babies. I want to hear what those babies the babble They know something we don't know. Honestly, I love that we're blending the absurd. That's not too far off from what for mean I would get.
Speaker 1: Into definitely not No.
Speaker 2: I think like it's we're one or two giggles away from I just put it in, put the.
Speaker 1: I love that it's adorable.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.