Speaker 1: Come on, oh my god, it's Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And you say that like you're surprised.
Speaker 3: It creeps up to you every Sunday and Monday comes off.
Speaker 4: How nice is it though, that we only have to work for one day and then everyone gets another day off.
Speaker 1: Isn't that so good?
Speaker 3: Do you know my favorite part of We're in a group chat and Mitch said, I've got a brilliant idea for this week.
Speaker 2: Why don't we all make.
Speaker 3: Keisha's coronation a break and then have like a bake off key shop at I thought, who could.
Speaker 2: Be bothered on a Sunday night.
Speaker 3: I don't have the ingredients for a late night Kish.
Speaker 1: Mitch notice, because the King Charles has got his coronation, he wants everyone to make a coronation Keisch and I thought we could do like a great British bakeoff sort of thing.
Speaker 5: Look, it was a fantastic idea and I'm glad that it got.
Speaker 1: It was just a free way for me to get meals for the week. I just wanted to each and I was said to buy Hello Fresh.
Speaker 5: I would like five different flavors of the Keish to freeze, please.
Speaker 1: But speaking of the coronation quiche. You might be able to get a whiff of it yourself, because we're sending someone to London to see the King's coronation in the next fifteen minutes. So listen that.
Speaker 3: Well, I have some deal breakers from a relationship therapist.
Speaker 2: Now this isn't any therapist.
Speaker 3: This is Gwyneth poultro approof therapist. So I don't know what that's saying, but these are deal breakers that not even a therapist can fix.
Speaker 2: Oh, I tick a lot of the boxes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I have. It's a very big pick up around the country, all thanks to Chemists Warehouse, by the way, great savings every day. It's the pickup Britt, Laura and MITCHI are stuck on a Mother's Day gift Chemists Warehouse as you, covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest possible prices. Chemist Warehouse, Great savings every day. Now you may have seen this floating around of the weekend, a massive relationship therapist. He is so big and so powerful, so important that Gwyneth Paltrow has given him the tick of a.
Speaker 4: So we should probably stop following along with what he has to say immediately.
Speaker 2: So I assume you're talking about Stan Tatkin.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yes, yes, he wrote a book about how to overcome conflicts in a relationship, and Gwyneth Paltrow loves him. So yeah, let's not listen to anything he says. But what does he have to say?
Speaker 1: He's essentially said, here are the five major red flags. Your relationship cannot move past this. If you have experienced any one of these issues, your relationship is doomed. Put your life jacket on. Escape through the window now, because there is no going back. So let's see how we all fare if we all tick off any of these points from our past or current relationships. Point number one, you don't trust your partner due to previous infidelities.
Speaker 5: Oh I mean, yes, that feels pretty. That feels like some pretty good advice ground solid breaking stan.
Speaker 4: So cheating Yeah yeah yeah, well I mean, but not being able to get over the cheating.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, great, you're holding a grudge ship. I think we all can agree on that.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Point number two, you want an open relationship, but your partner doesn't.
Speaker 3: Remember when I floated that went with my new boyfriend Bear, not the actual open relationship that I wanted one, but I just for like shits and giggles because we're new. I was like, how do you feel about an open relationship? Went down like a lead balloon. He was like, hard, No, it's cheating and we're long distance as well. Sook, these seemed pretty straightforward.
Speaker 1: What about number three? You want kids but your partner doesn't, relationships doomed.
Speaker 2: No, there's a pretty big deal breaker.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 4: I do think this is a deal breaker. However, I didn't really want kids when I first got with Matt, but he really wanted them and it kind of changed my mind.
Speaker 5: So I feel like you could change your mind. But you need to know pretty early on.
Speaker 2: What I'm hearing is Matt trapped you.
Speaker 4: Yep, so you can I was baby trapped by my now husband and the relationship is good.
Speaker 1: Wait, why did you not want kids? Laws? Because you're what I know. I only know you as a mother, but I look at you and go, you're the best mum out there.
Speaker 2: Ah, I forget you. Guys didn't know each other pre motherhood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just never I never had that maternal urge.
Speaker 4: I mean a lot of women really had that sort of undying pool to become a mum, and that never hit me. I always kind of thought, well, maybe it might happen, and if it does, I'll be fine with it, I guess. But I never really could visualize myself as a mum. And then when Matt came along, because he's such I mean, he's he's built to be a dad. He's genuinely the best dad.
Speaker 5: I think, I just.
Speaker 4: Kind of I could see it more and more, and then all of a sudden, I was clucky and I was like, who is this person? When I was pregnant and you know, it all happened very quickly.
Speaker 2: Now I've got a tire leg shock we do?
Speaker 5: I'm like, you can't go right, BRIT's trying to stop me from havvy three?
Speaker 1: All right, point number three? Quiet? That was three point number four. I can't cap you hold a grudge over being asked to sign a pre nup.
Speaker 3: Oh this is actually sticky territory.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, do you know what?
Speaker 3: I just remember it. This is a blast from the past. When I was on the Bachelor Volcano six years ago. Now, I was on with the Honey Badger.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, who's currently in? Was in the jungle?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: We were on a date?
Speaker 2: I can't believe I've forgotten this.
Speaker 3: We were on a date towards the end, because for those plaint at home, I was the first person in the whole universe to win the Bachelor and not win anything.
Speaker 2: I got to the end.
Speaker 4: When you say, I got to the end, but you didn't win, you just got dumped at the end, Like, call what it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's right for you because you one had two kids and got married. You didn't wear a white dress, thinking you had the happy ever after and then got dumped.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me have my moment.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, one without winning, I got dumb.
Speaker 2: I one without winning.
Speaker 1: You lost.
Speaker 5: Look, it's about perceptions.
Speaker 2: I think I'm the real win here.
Speaker 3: No. But on one of the dates towards the end, he said to me. We're sitting in his car, we've been bowling, and he had said, out of nowhere, how do you feel about a prenup?
Speaker 2: That's what he said to me.
Speaker 3: Who yeah, And I was like wait, I was like, hang on for you or me, I'm probably more than you certainly do now.
Speaker 4: I imagine he wanted if you were to be the one at the end, he wanted to know how you felt about a prenup.
Speaker 2: Well, all he's.
Speaker 3: All I can say is I'm not going to twist words. But he did say, how do you feel? What are your thoughts on a prenup? And I actually made the joke and I said, yes, I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 2: I was probably gonna get you to sign one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I thought it was funny at the time. How much was he making from those trady andies that he was flogging on break.
Speaker 3: We all know he made a lot. He made a lot for going on the batch. Obviously that's why he went on it, because he didn't end up with anyone.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I think it would definitely leave a bit of a sore taste if someone was so hell bent on signing a prenup. I know it's important because obviously it protects you, but it also signifies to me that maybe you're thinking that the relationship is not gonna last.
Speaker 3: Like no, because if I had, if I was when I make it to Hollywood, I have thought about this.
Speaker 2: When I make it to.
Speaker 3: Hollywood and I changed my name to Mayo, I would probably have a prenup. And I actually made manifest I think when you've got big, big money, I get it.
Speaker 2: I do understand it.
Speaker 3: Because if you've worked your whole life, you said this money and the other person doesn't want to contribute at all to the relationship.
Speaker 2: I think that's okay. Otherwise it's like fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: None of us are luckily, you know, none of us. We'll be fine, none of us have to final point, this is the last one. You and your partner are forced to live far far away from each other Australia and Scotland.
Speaker 2: I Brittany and every relationship.
Speaker 3: How do you say about that, brit So are you saying, Mitch that Stan is saying that I'm doomed because I have a long distance.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with Stan, as we've proven he's not exactly bang on with the other points. But this is what he's saying, long distance will reship.
Speaker 4: Well, it says here that long distance it leads to dissatisfaction in the relationship.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: I'm going to agree with Stan. Actually, I don't think long distance relationships can work forever. I think they can be beautiful relationships if they have an end goal together and you're both working towards something. But you can't you can't be away from each other forever. Otherwise it's not a relationship.
Speaker 2: You have a pen pow.
Speaker 4: But we thoroughly look forward to the day when Ben moves to Australia, moving Scotland.
Speaker 3: Laura is in denial, but I might ever, ever ever leave.
Speaker 4: We can find about this off of offware.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have a prenup?
Speaker 4: We don't have a I feel like I'm just as much in a relationship with you as what I am with Matt.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent we are, so we don't have the makeup sexons.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you want to go to the UK to see the coronation of King Charles, we are sending you there. Collect your boarding pass to fly direct to London. Next at the pickup. It's the pick up Monday afternoon. Britt, Laura and Mitch head into chemist Warehouse today. Great savings every day, ladies. I was out on the weekend with a couple of pals, a couple of guy friends, and I got approached by two guys that apparently I went to school with. I didn't know them. I was obviously in an older year. They were in a younger year. They came up to me. They listened to the show, they listened to other things that I do. They've seen me around and they both thanked me for being openly gay. And I was out to dinner with my boyfriend and I saw a couple of them at Marti Goro as well, and they didn't come up to me, And it was a moment that I hadn't really had before where I was thanked for being openly gay, and it really touched me. I've never had that thing.
Speaker 3: Thanks in terms of you've helped them. They're obviously gay, You've helped them feel comfortable in who they are exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean where I'm from, it's a predominantly heterosexual Caucasian community, and I think seeing me in school and seeing me flourish outside of school especially touched them because they're obviously gay themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, because you correct me if I'm wrong, Mitch, you weren't gay at school. I mean you were gay, but you didn't come out at school.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't come out until twenty eighteen. I've only recently come out in the last five years or so. But then it got us talking about everything that's happening now with the Presbyterian Church that have come out and said, if you were a queer kid. If you were gay and you are in any of these religious schools in Victoria, essentially you can't rise to a position of power, which was me. I was school captain in both primary school and in high school still where the badge is proudly.
Speaker 4: Did you feel when you were at school, and I mean you went to a public school, did you feel that you weren't able to come out? Did you feel that there was a lot of shame around it? I mean, and this is how many years ago were you at school?
Speaker 1: I left in twenty thirteen, okay?
Speaker 4: And did you hold that in because you were worried about the judgment at the time or were you just not at a point where you grappled with your own sexuality on.
Speaker 1: It was one hundred percent because of everyone else. If it was a perfect world, I would have come out the moment I realized when I was eight, when I was nine.
Speaker 4: How does it make you feel then seeing this, I mean knowing that one you were school captain in your school and seeing what's going on in Victoria that if you go to a Presbyterian school there that if you are a queer kid, or if you're someone who is not even queer, if you're sexually active, that you're no longer potentially allowed to have a role of leadership within the school because it doesn't uphold the Christian values.
Speaker 2: In the school.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous. I mean, one, I think you made this point, Laura. How are they going to police it? I mean, are they going to go on your phone and see if you've got gay tinder or like look through your outside. Yeah, you turn up to school and they have a metal detector and go anyone I've got any sex toys. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It's not going to be about that, but it's going to be about suppressing and I'm going to say child, because they are a child now under eighteen. It's suppressing kids to say, well, if you want to achieve anything here of significance, don't be gay, don't come out, don't be queer.
Speaker 2: And that's going to cause a whole bunch of problems.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how awful it was going through school in year twelve, trying to work out my HC, trying to keep my parents happy, keep my friends happy, without the notion of potentially being different to everyone and being gay. Then I realized that on top of it, then the bullying that goes on top of it. It was one of the worst periods of my life. That's why I didn't come out until five years after school.
Speaker 3: Not just saying it's literally the more I'm thinking about it, the more refuriated I am imagine saying you're less than your peer because you're queer.
Speaker 1: Is that rhymes?
Speaker 3: That is a trademark that should not be This should not be happening to these poor kids in school.
Speaker 2: It should n't to anyone.
Speaker 3: Well, I should be at a disadvantage because they identify as quick.
Speaker 1: All it is is enforcing that this is wrong fundamentally, that something that you can't change, that you were born with is wrong, and you cannot be equal to someone in your exact same year because of this difference that you cannot that you wake up every day and you were stuck with the torture that it would do to young queer kids. It upsets me, but a young kid in high school it would do irreversible damage for their whole life.
Speaker 4: Reinforces to everybody else that it's okay for them to other you.
Speaker 5: At the same time, it's.
Speaker 3: Also saying school is not a safe place for kids to be no it's not a safe place. And did you meet experience boyling at school? Because were you perceived as gay? Was it assumed you were gay?
Speaker 1: What was your experience like, Yes, I mean, you know, the six inches of quaft here at the top and being the leader of the drama department didn't help.
Speaker 2: But I don't giveaway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a giveaway. Yeah, but it was assumed that I was gay. I had got all the slurs under the sun. And I'm lucky that I had a great family and I was lucky that I was headstrong enough. But you get one kid who has it's awful. You get one kid who's got a tough upbringing and he's also grappling with their sexuality, and that is enough to really ruin someone's life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of the things I thought was really interesting.
Speaker 4: So the Scotch College chairman, Alex Loan came out and said, we will continue to reflect values of respect, tolerance and inclusion. It's okay to say one thing that you're doing the complete opposite. There is nothing about tolerance or inclusion that's happening here. When you say that children who are quit, you cannot take leadership calling bullshit on Sloan.
Speaker 1: So yeah. Also, if your belief's stopping others from doing something that is inherently part of them, they're not beliefs. It's discrimination. This is the pickup. It's the pickup Monday, Avo, Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, it's coming up really soon. It's going to sneak up on your Mother's Day. Always does. Chemist to Warehouse has you covered for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist were House, great savings every day.
Speaker 4: Look, speaking of being a mother, speaking of Mother's Day, something happened to me on the weekend with my beautiful little girl, Molly May three and a half, and look, I was out. We were going out for dinner, Matt and I on Friday night. I got home late from work and I needed to rush, get the kids in the shower, have a shower myself, get myself ready to get out for dinner.
Speaker 5: Lots of things, lots of ball juggling.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I got Mary and we had a shower together, which I haven't Mulli's three and a half. I haven't had or needed to have a shower with my little girl. In literally a year, there's been no reason for us to have a shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it saves time.
Speaker 4: But anyway, being that she's so little, of course, she's always a bit inquisitive. Like whenever you get in the shower with her, she's a bit like, oh, that all looks a bit different to what's going on with me. I could see her sizing me up a bit, and you can see her little brain ticking over, and.
Speaker 5: I thought, oh, if she as something, I'll explain, but you know she didn't.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I get her out of the shower, I tell her off, I give her to Matt, and Matt's getting her dressed in the bedroom and I was like running around trying to get myself ready, and I could hear her speaking to dad and she says, Daddy, are you hairy and Matt Matt was like, yeah, look I've got hair on my chest, I got hair on my face. And she goes, ah, okay, and Mummy's Harry and he was like yeah, because we're adults, and as adults, you know, we've got hair on us. And when you become an adult, you'll get hair on you too. And you could hear it in the tone of her voice. She was so happy.
Speaker 5: She goes, Daddy, I'm gonna get hair when I'm an adult.
Speaker 4: And he was like yeah, She goes, are you gonna have a big hairy China like mummy?
Speaker 2: Oh? And let.
Speaker 5: Group and I was speechless.
Speaker 3: From next door, I saw Matt, I saw a Facebook VI swap cell Matt looking for a lawnmower. O, my god, anyone.
Speaker 1: Free with a snipper going around? No.
Speaker 4: I just had a moment where I was like, right, she's trying to give me a compliment, but at the same time, that's very far.
Speaker 2: I don't even think it's a compliment.
Speaker 5: I think she's excited. One day she'll be there. But look, it was.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's been so many times where children have tried to give you a compliment and what they've done has been truly offensive.
Speaker 1: Helly's called on thirteen one six five, Hi Kel, what child insulted you? What happened?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Guys, Oh I love this show you right? Okay, So, my beautiful daughter Lily came up to me, gave me the biggest cuddle, and she just looked at me, looked up at me with these loving eyes and just goes mom, it must just be so comfy you sit. I said, oh god, what do you mean, and she said, well, your bum's like two big cushions. It must be just so comfy.
Speaker 5: Honey, you're like I have been doing my squats.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I think that is a compliment. I didn't mind a cushioning. But yeah, look, I mean everything, Yeah, mine gets bigger for you. I think you embrace that. Look at the Kardashians.
Speaker 5: They made living off their comfy, but you should be loving that. Kil that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll tell my daughter that she's actually called you Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 2: Let's twist the compliment.
Speaker 1: People pay a lot of money for BBL. That was free charge, all right, guys, Will and what a you are up next with Brooke Bonie. She's still on because what is still in the jungle.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could win, all right, guys, thanks for listening. Bye,