Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Really it's moving to Melbourne. Is how much you love for your biscuits, and particular Arnot's biscuits. There's a lot in that family tree of Arnot's.
Speaker 3: Well, if you walk into the biscuit isal of a supermarket, it's very much goes from there tonight.
Speaker 2: It's that they sponsored the r They should just call it the Where's the Arno? Good Luck? If you're launching a biscuits to go, it's the micro Also, I was looking yesterday how many of these biscuits are sold a year here in Australia. Five hundred and thirty seven million packs of Arnot's biscuits. Oh yeah, over half a billion, half a billion. I mean when they took about how the travelingustry is struggling at the moment, but the mega industry is the biscuits. That is incredible. Half a billion packs a year sold last year for three point two billion to eat on musk. No, yeah, what so he Now?
Speaker 3: I am very very disappointed you guys.
Speaker 2: Both of you much. He's maybe an electric biscuit? Is he going to him in the space biscuits eons? He's gonna call them elons. Yeah, it was sold last year for three point two b in no idea who too? But yeah, So if we're talking about to me to be this thing the last couple of weeks about the Mount Rushmore, the Mount Rushmore, the four Presidents. Okay, if we were just going to pick four of all the different great biscuits that Arnot's do, right, which fourth? There was only four to go on the Mount Rushmore. Of Arnot's biscuits, which one you can only pick? One demands to go up there, has to go up there, Jack, What would it be for you? Just one?
Speaker 3: If we're only doing this sweet biscuits, not the shahapes and barbecue shapes. Piece of shapes more I know, and it.
Speaker 2: Is in that. But they're more chips to me, aren't they great? You wouldn't if it were on a plate with a nice cup of tea more TV.
Speaker 3: I would like to give an honorable mention to the Chocolate Royal, which I used to eat as a kid, which is the skit with a marshmallow on top, and then they case the whole thing in chocolate. But that is more of a kid's type. In the middle, I want to my favorite, which I think should be up there. Which you don't hear often lauded, is the caramel crowns. I love a caramel crown and someone, just as I said it before, called it a Nana biscuits.
Speaker 4: He's a Nana biscuit. Jans have those?
Speaker 2: She'd know a life style of a nana on the show by six up early in the morning. You know she'd knows. So why is it nanabiscuits? It's something that you know and Grandad had.
Speaker 3: What do you say past?
Speaker 4: My elderly aunt loves them. But they've been it's just because it's been around for quite a while, I think, Jack, haven't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's a classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, why are you making it your favorite? What dictates it's your favorite? It's the overall taste compared to any of the other.
Speaker 3: M tastiness above all else tastiness.
Speaker 2: That's what would have confirmed, is the important caps of teastens, Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 4: It's got to be Tim tam category for me. But it's got to be the double coated Tim Tam.
Speaker 2: So the single coating not enough. You've got to go to a double doubling.
Speaker 4: It's like Tim TAM's on steroids, so you get like they just chocolate and it's just delicious.
Speaker 2: I do like the chocol Ripple and the butternut snap as well, both very good, but I was going to pick one and good for the I love a chocolates, It's got to be the chocolate Ripple for me. All right. Let us know then we can only have four of the Bsit's go on the mount Rushmore of Arnot's biscuits. There's a lot to choose through.
Speaker 1: Chris Joan O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so imagine the Mount Rushmore of Arnott's biscuits. What four biscuits and only four biscuits should be up there? Jack, your one is the caramel crayon. In a word, why tasty?
Speaker 3: Thank you, perfect combination of caramel and chocolate.
Speaker 2: Patsy. Your one that's up.
Speaker 4: There, yeah, double coated, Tim Tam because it's got the perfect balance of crunch taste and chocolate chocolate nus in.
Speaker 2: A word, delicia. Okay, so we've got tasty and delicious.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Let's go to lines now as well. Let's chat to David. Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, buddy, So which Arnot biscuit is going up on the Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 5: There is only one, the mighty Kingston.
Speaker 2: Now, why the Kingston. This is one of the few on it's biscuit that only has one name. Most of them have two or three words in the name. The Kingston is one of only one of two that's only just got the simple name. Also, the Kingston is trademark, like they don't want anyone else using that. We've got big plans for Kingston.
Speaker 5: It's just it's like a cross between a Minianzac and it's got the chocolate chocolately filling in the middle of it, and it's just fantastic. You know, I'm a diabetic and when my blood sugar drops, I'll go through a pecket in one sitting easy.
Speaker 2: Now, now tell me this, David. Is that on the doctor's orders always like you always have to have a pack at these handy for the rest of your life.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, My LA depends on them.
Speaker 2: It's a life support system for you, David, Right, Kingston, It's part of your favor day, all.
Speaker 1: Right, David.
Speaker 2: Then the Kingston in one word?
Speaker 5: Why oh life saving?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's too wid accepted. Lifesaver. We did that, David, Thanks you, cor my very funny. Have a good day and all right, Matt, good morning.
Speaker 6: There you going?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, which one are you going for? Which aren't biscuit goes on the Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 6: Has to be. The Scotch finger has to be it you you get to one of those family events, mate, and somebody falls out, somebody falls out one of those assorted packs. The Scotch fingers are always the third ones to go.
Speaker 2: That is the great list litmotest in a sortman pack watch ones always go first. That's a great criteria like that. You boored that down. Well you put strong case there for the Scotch finger.
Speaker 6: Yes, there, I resist all, mate, absolutely irresistible. But my local Coles is always run down of them and they don't even put they don't even put them on special because they the bugs.
Speaker 2: Don't need to put them on specials. They're hot. They don't need any discounts.
Speaker 3: They can charge twenty dollars a packet.
Speaker 6: They can the little buggers get away with everyone.
Speaker 4: Get the original or the chocolate, the.
Speaker 3: Chocolate coated ones, the original original, the originals to the same way that.
Speaker 6: You'd go for the original shape. You can't you can't reinvent something so true.
Speaker 2: Once you got the wheel, you don't need to try and a wheel you made a strong case, Matthew. Now it's a matt okay, so the Scott's finger in one word.
Speaker 6: I already use it, mate, irresistible, irresistible. Your fingers hover over that little spot in the tray where it's allocated for it doesn't go anywhere else. It's like magnetically drawn to the ones got finger.
Speaker 2: We couldn't put it anymore, has to go out because of your strong case there, Matt that's great, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: No, all right, don't go on.
Speaker 2: All right, if you got any more, say we got to cutt and run. We've got the news and now coming up next. If you want to say more, you can email us Christian at gold Right at four three dot com dot AU.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I was only dissuaded at the fact that album that plight of the workforce apparently.
Speaker 5: Have to work five days.
Speaker 4: In a week.
Speaker 2: Karen, Thank you very much. You called. That's a cool one. You all right, thanks man.
Speaker 1: The Question O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast