Speaker 1: Keeping you guys up to date or your listeners. I am getting married next year. Is the love of my life, Ben, So I am deep in the wedding planning.
Speaker 2: Up until now, I haven't had.
Speaker 1: A lot to do with weddings, Like I've only been to my sister's wedding, your wedding, Laura, like a very small handful. There's something that I've discovered is a bit of a trend, and I'm trying to decide if I do it or not. It's a first look, so if you don't know what that is, it's most people traditionally, the first time you see each other in like twenty four hour period is when you're walking down the aisle, so you're not supposed to stay together the night before.
Speaker 2: This is traditionally, and then.
Speaker 1: As your partner's at the end of the aisle, you walk out the doors in your in your dress.
Speaker 2: That is supposed to be the moment.
Speaker 1: But people are doing a first look now before any of the guests, so maybe I don't know. Midday, no one's arrived, the wedding hasn't started. The bride and groom usually on camera because hashtag content. Usually they walk up behind the groom and the bride taps him on the shoulder and he turns around and he it's audibly gasps out loud. Sometimes he'll cry if he knows what's good for him. And then they have this moment where that's the first time that they see each other. They take all the photos, all the bridal party takes photos.
Speaker 2: Then they leave again.
Speaker 1: Then the wedding starts a couple of hours later, and then you see each other again.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I didn't do that at my wedding, and I but my one kind of advice for weddings is do whatever is going to make you happy, because everybody has a version of weddings that makes you know that they think is the right way of doing it, whether it's traditional, non traditional or loping blah blah blah. Like everyone has their thing. And for us, I got out of the car and I walked down the aisle with the girls, and I think it was really special not just for Matt seeing like the dress or seeing me walked down the aisle. I think it was really special for him to see our girls and that was like a real unveiling of that moment.
Speaker 1: But I think for you, yeah, but he just gets me. I don't have anyone coming along with me so well, I mean a main event.
Speaker 3: What do you think it would make it more special doing it one on one? Like what would be your reasons for wanting to do that? Great question. I'm glad you asked yes.
Speaker 1: So my if I could pick, I would want that first look to be down the aisle. But because we're like an international couple, all his families coming from Europe minor all Australia. Because they're coming so far for such a little time, I don't want to get I don't want to have the ceremony, and then most couples go away for like two hours to do all their photos and stuff, while everyone just mingles alone for sunset hour.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like the time is so limited. I don't know if I want to go away and do that. So if I can do that all before and then the second we get married, we're just there, We're with everyone and we can enjoy the night.
Speaker 2: Because the number one feedback I.
Speaker 1: Get from people is it goes so quickly, like don't waste the second the night is over before you know.
Speaker 4: I like it, But my opinion is you're with each other you're each other's partner. Like what difference does not seeing them twenty four hours before the wedding makes you know the inside out?
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 3: I think for you, Britt, you just got to do whatever you think is going to make you happy. And since you guys get such limited time together normally, I probably wouldn't be sacrificing an extra day to go and to try and create the suspense. Like you said, you guys do long distance all the time. Suspense is there. You have enough suspense. Just spend as much time together as possible.
Speaker 4: I think, do it. I've actually been convinced in this. I was against it, but now after hearing you, Laura and at your wedding, it was beautiful to be sitting there and to see Buster your dog, limp down the aisle, then Marley and Lola run down the other than you, Like there was like an electricity in the air.
Speaker 2: That's so nice. But the thing is everyone else still sees me for the first time.
Speaker 1: At that point, it's just Ben and the bridal party, but like it's still I still expect.
Speaker 2: Audible gasps from the audience.
Speaker 4: I'll be really dramatic.
Speaker 2: Look it, I need something. I need tears, get your eye drops. I think you should sing some opera operatic as you walked down.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I take that as an offer and I will be doing it. Okay, all right, don let's go. Will and what are up next?
Speaker 4: To drive you home? If you missed the show podcast on the iHeartRadio app. We had a big discosus and should you pay your grandparents or your parents if they're babysitting your kids for their services?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a grandparents being taken advantage of across the country.
Speaker 2: That's what we unpacked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can podcast it wherever you get your podcasts. Willem, what are you next to you tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Pay guys,