Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: I don't do roller coasters.
Speaker 4: I think kids must be able to turn around quicker than an adult.
Speaker 3: Flazy old cod kings.
Speaker 1: Here Christian O'Connell Show. Gold one oh four point three two one.
Speaker 5: One hundred and seventy one.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, the Home of the Goldathon. Every time Team Australia win gold, you win big prizes. I don't think any of us knew the Goldathon was going to get so big. Eighteen gold medals and stall three days to go the games in Paris.
Speaker 4: US is going to run out of dishros.
Speaker 3: We're going to ruin that company. I reckon. Rob is up all night right now praying for silvers and bronzes. He's actually out there trying to throw them all. He's heckling. He's the only your team heckling Team Astraight you suck You suck a guy for the under sold. All right, So Rio has been a games master, You've been making all the big calls. At the end of yesterday's show, you actually did call that there were going to be three golds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it was a very bold prediction saying it was going to be triple threat Thursday.
Speaker 5: But now I look like a coward because we topped that.
Speaker 4: You under sold us, You didn't trust in a team Australia.
Speaker 3: So if tuned in there, what has happened in the last couple of hours? Magical couple of hours in Paris is still winning loads of golds.
Speaker 6: There was a two hour period where we won three gold so I think it was from between.
Speaker 3: One shame everyone to sleep. Yeah, it's a real shame, isn't it.
Speaker 4: There is a Christmas Morning aspect of refreshing the metal Telly, as you wake up each morning, a little.
Speaker 5: Four gold medals. Yes, that's what it feels like when you wake up.
Speaker 3: What have I got?
Speaker 4: And you also, as an Australian, tell me if you feel this as well, where it's like you feel like you contributed even.
Speaker 3: You did nothing.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I'm walking taller even though I did nothing. I was eating chips on the couch. I feel like this is I definitely had a part of this.
Speaker 3: So all right, break them down. What has happened in the last couple of hours?
Speaker 6: Well, first we had Matt weren't in the sailing. Now he was way ahead and expected to win because he'd been sailing.
Speaker 3: This is the ding dingy dingy.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to say dinghy because it's not as cool sounding, but it is the dingy. I'm just one man in a little boat and he's been sailing his ass off, as we discussed yesterday, and he sailed.
Speaker 3: What does one do when you're sailing around? Are you you tacking an aw ring? And yeah, attacking in the gym.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that getting the rigging, Yes, it was getting the rigging.
Speaker 3: You get the rigged, changed.
Speaker 5: Rigging, rigging sails, sail was up.
Speaker 4: I'm in the crow's nest.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: If I was running the Olympics and suddenly game changer pirates.
Speaker 4: That's my parents trying to stop another gold medal.
Speaker 3: Alright, so sound his househof? Do I have a floating podium? That would be.
Speaker 5: Great idea though? Made it for Brisbane.
Speaker 3: Brisbane floating podium.
Speaker 6: Make a note and then Keegan Palmer, our twenty one year old veteran in the men's.
Speaker 3: State Guard, is a stud, isn't he eat? It's like a movie start waiting to happen. Yes, got it all.
Speaker 4: In Tokyo he won gold in Tokyo as well. More looked like a kid back then as a seventeen year old, but now he's really come into his Gold Coast own.
Speaker 6: Yes, he looks like the most Gold Coast teenager you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be the unofficial mayors.
Speaker 6: Escaped two times skateboarding gold medalist from the Gold Coast.
Speaker 5: Incredible.
Speaker 3: He couldn't look any more Australian as well. He's currently on TV right now by Eddie McGuire looks so more. He's like, how much song would have to speak to this very old man.
Speaker 4: They didn't say when I wanted gold medal that I'd have to be put through this Eddie.
Speaker 3: I don't want to join the pies, okay, they want a membership and I do not want to.
Speaker 6: Come to portsit. I don't think Eddie knows that much about skateboarding.
Speaker 3: There's one guy knows a hang ten. He's austraight as Tony York. He has hawks guarding his property, all right, So kp skated us.
Speaker 4: The sport is a bit of yawn, okay.
Speaker 6: Then the men cycling team pursuit. Now they weren't expected to win gold. They were maybe expected to get on the podium two days ago.
Speaker 5: They beat the.
Speaker 6: World record, but everyone sort of thought Team Great Britain, they're the favorite.
Speaker 5: They're just keeping some in the tank.
Speaker 3: It was they were keeping some of the tank. And then lumber Holds g be supposed to win and their bikes fell apart near the end. Yes, all I'm saying is who benefits Australia. We've been here before, Sam paper and cricket balls are now loosening the bikes, come on Australia.
Speaker 4: There is no did their bikes really disintegrate before the finish line?
Speaker 6: It was really really close to Australia was just ahead the whole race and we were looking like we're about the win.
Speaker 5: Final lap.
Speaker 6: Very conveniently tegb's one of their bikes.
Speaker 8: Fell apart, Joe apart like wheels rolling off and it wasn't like a cartoon, but something something broke. And the commentary is like, oh, the bikes broke.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that before that level ever before. It was just very suspicious. Australia even looked around to see what was happening. They were like we knew they didn't.
Speaker 4: Was the last Olympics that Australia lost their handlebars at before.
Speaker 6: The race even started, and actually I think TGB lent us a part of their bar.
Speaker 4: So exactly this all this was was getting our own per Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So the cycling, which is an incredible achievement.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they were calling it the Golden Comet, so I don't entirely know what that means, but it sounds very cool. And we won gold in the men's team cycling Pursuit. Then just what fifteen twenty minutes ago, Nina Kennedy, who went in hot favorite, who shared the World Championships with Katie Moon, they both sort of just had a gentleman's agreement not to contest the last.
Speaker 3: Shifts at the World Championships last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but she said she's not going to do that again. And it was her and Katie Moon going head to head right at the end, and she, like Nina, didn't even blink. She just looked so confident going over that pole and Katie Moon couldn't make it. Sold gold for Nina Kennedy four in one nighte incredible.
Speaker 3: That means then lots surprises to give away for the Gold of Tomb.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian and Connall's show. I'm actually getting a really out of my day to day existence the Games in Paris because I'm watching a lot of it. I'm consuming a lot even sports that I have no vested interest in. There's no Australian Sayre, there's no Team GB. This week I found myself getting a very emotionally involved with a guy I've never heard of before called Lopez, who's a Cuban wrestler, and he was winning his fifth gold at the Greco Roman heavyweight category. And there was a fifth consecutive gold he's won at Greco Roman. Yeah, he's the only Olympian ever to win five consecutive golds at five Games. That's incredible. Yeah, So how old is he now? Well, he's old, you know, but he's still won. And he retired the moment he got his gold medal, he took his wrestling shoes off and put there in the center of the ring. It was so emotional. And then the other thing I watched in the early hours, well, I was having breakfast this morning I watched the men's water polo, never seen it before. The men and women's water polo is super fit, your hard. It is to swim and then wait, you're playing handburn in there, and then there's a goalie and I didn't realize they have penalty shootouts, and then like this cute little goal comes on for a penalty shooter. Anyway, a different goal comes on, but it's sort of for the penalty and they have like that guy sort of handballs in front of the guy. And I was watching America are through Clasemis because their goalkeeper saved a penalty with his face. You need to go online to see it. He's the only reason that through the whole nation of American needs to thank this guy. He saved it with his face. And I found myself starting to google in the EPL has anyone ever saved the penalty face afe? Do they train for this? Do you toughen your face up in some way?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Jack Poet has spied something with his JP.
Speaker 4: I I've got a warning for everybody driving along Hardleburg Road this morning. The Fort Knox Self Storage center on Hardleburg Road, as you come up to Grain Drone has a public display of the current temperature and what should be the current time. It is six minutes fast.
Speaker 3: Then the real time that is way ahead.
Speaker 4: That's too fast. Why they done that, I don't know, but I think you have a responsibility as a public facing clock for it to be right.
Speaker 3: Please also share that when you went back home you google correct side in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Now, because I've noticed that three mornings in a row now, so I wanted I checked it with the car clock. I checked it with the iPhone, and the iPhone I'm pretty sure like sinks to the head clocks in Geneva or something gmt so somewhere near Geneva, And so I checked. When I got here, I googled Melbourne time right now, just to make sure the clocks that I was seeing were the right time, and it was.
Speaker 3: So Knox Time is running it, so it's actually seting times.
Speaker 4: Though six minutes fast. So how many people are driving along Hardelberg Road each morning going, oh my god, I'm six minutes later than I should be having a mild heart attack? Or because the self storage center has decided to get their public clock wrong.
Speaker 3: So do we think it's by accident and no one's corrected it, or no one's aware of it that works there, or they've done it deliberately.
Speaker 4: Don't know if it's negligence or if they're trying to you know, like my dad used to put all our clocks a little bit.
Speaker 3: Last time in my house, are a couple of minutes early, because a couple of minutes early because otherwise we get everywhere late. I share my life with three women, so of course they go, hang on, I don't believe that. Let me just look at my watch. I've set their individual watch as well. They've got no idea. Yeah, da dad like me. Maybe it's a family business. He's trying to get his kids to work on time. So the public facing clock, as you called it, is five minutes earlier. Get it. It's a dad move.
Speaker 4: Maybe all dads to do the same thing that they just want us to get three minutes ahead of ourselves. And Fort Knox is going, let's do this for the entire so.
Speaker 3: We know Greenwich meantime. That just could have been a angry dad who's going to set a global time clock. And it's actually fast forwarded. It's more ahead than it should be.
Speaker 4: So should I. Because I drive past every day, I can easily go in.
Speaker 3: I don't think we ever need to worry about you getting six minutes. I think actually it's turning the right time. Any must, they're not fooling me with that. Better wipe off those six minutes.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying, I'm happy to stop there during office hours and just just let them know if you want to put your clock six minutes slower. It's running fast at the moment.
Speaker 3: So you definitely, it's definitely.
Speaker 4: I tried checked it to three clocks, the car clock, the iPhone Google.
Speaker 3: Wow, sorry, oh, it's just it's smoking done.
Speaker 4: People will be driving down harder Ak Road past the Fort Docks self storage the time right now, looking up and then looking at their car clock and going, what.
Speaker 3: Stuffs a regular part of your drive? Do you disregard it? And if there's a passinger goes, oh my god, we better get a wiggle on. Oh, don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, disregard that clock. And can we trust the temperature? Who knows?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: If the clock is so wrong?
Speaker 3: Can you are firing big shots today? My friend? You're taking down some big ones by the way, So is that a normal dry for you or are you one of those guys who's got mysterious self storage lock up?
Speaker 4: I have used a Fort nog self storage, and they were very secure.
Speaker 3: Surprised me what you're looking up in there? The wizards in there.
Speaker 4: I end up getting rid of it. There was you know, like there was like a modular couch in there. You haven't seen a modular couch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the ones you can know what I mean. They're like genger counts. Yeah, you got the middle one, the l do you want the end on the right, the left. They're not as good as you think. Oh no, they are modular.
Speaker 4: These ones were modular, but you and truly you've.
Speaker 3: Had to go on there. I've got the same one as we both got the Sorrento, have we Yeah, oh the modular Sorrento.
Speaker 4: This one didn't have any way to hook the modular pieces together.
Speaker 3: They have that little clippy clips if you came in doing a grip like this didn't have that. They were just squished together. So you came in fast and sold it.
Speaker 4: You push him apart as you come on to the I tried.
Speaker 3: To fix it by playing some velcrow and attaching it to both sides and velcroming them together. But they're still what would happen It was as you sat down, it would hang my like a farty noise as a velcrow separate.
Speaker 4: Yes, and then so the couch pieces would separate, things would fall down. There are very uncomfortable, and then we couldn't sell it, so we put in self storage.
Speaker 3: Back to that forward six minutes past public facing clock at Knox.
Speaker 4: I'll go past there today and have a word report back tomorrow. But warning to anyone now if you're passing there, that is not the current.
Speaker 3: You are PDA. Just a good warning. What we need to do is get people to call him and read the time out as they see it.
Speaker 4: Yes, and then and then we'll get real Greenwich. Meantime after we'll call Greenwich. Can you still call that man who goes on It'll be six and ten.
Speaker 3: That's what we need to sink up with what people are saying. So if you're driving by it, called me now.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jackpost is an eager eyed super citizen. He's noticed a public clock that is telling incorrect time.
Speaker 4: The Fort Knock self storage on Hardelberg Road in Alphington is six minutes fast or whopping six minutes fast. That is misleading any commuters on the road this morning or any day, might be misled, might get a mild heart attack thinking they're a little late.
Speaker 3: If you be footy players heading to training heading to key games this weekend, they're going to arrive prematurely, or they'll go something, get a spray from BEV, Yeah, okay, what are you doing here six minutes early?
Speaker 4: Or they'll say it, oh, six minutes, I'm going to be six minutes late. I might as well not go all of a sudden, Jack Merrit's not lining up for the bombers.
Speaker 3: That's so likely to happen in Jack vision.
Speaker 4: If you are driving along Hardeberg Road this morning past the Fort Knox, please tell us what the current time is and we will assess it alongside the real Greenwich meantime right now.
Speaker 3: Also, if you work there, why is it? Is it just by accident? Surely people at work there must know what they were arriving at work out early every day one four three give us a call nine four one four one four three it is twenty five to seven, or if you're anywhere near that clock six forty one.
Speaker 2: Well, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 9: It will be six thirty nine and ten extent.
Speaker 3: We just found out where can it hold of this. It lives online like everything. Now do you remember there's calling up to find out.
Speaker 9: The time early nine and twenty texts.
Speaker 3: Last week we were talking about things that kids today would have no idea about. This used to be a highlight of your day. I always want to know whose voice is that it was that guy. You're right, people who are testing in right now? Jack, what is the temperature in Melbourne right now? According to Kate who's buying that clock that's tanning the incorrect time by six minutes early, the temperature is ten degrees Have a look. Kate is saying that, yeah, Jack's right, it is at least six minutes early the time there she'd never know. I guess most people wouldn't have noticed.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, and look at this current degrees eleven one degree off, six minutes off.
Speaker 3: Details count Fort Knox Storage.
Speaker 10: Come on, good mining, good mon, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Do you all right? That's time for a good morning minute. This is where we try and say good morning to many of you as possible in one minute. All need to do is text me on four seventy five O three one oh four three, text me your name, where you are and what are you up to? Right now four seven five O three one oh four three, just your name, where you are and what you're up to right now. We're trying to say good morning to have many of you as possible.
Speaker 10: Next Christian no Connall's show podcast, Christian O'Connell's show, Good Mining, good mon, good morning, Good morning do you Christian?
Speaker 3: Why don't you call today? With all the gold medals and a gold of farm Thumping Thursday? Like awesome foursome anyway? Sorry?
Speaker 4: I also liked the one we came up with before the show.
Speaker 11: With.
Speaker 3: Jot's we're not sharing Thursday, we're sharing Team Australia and the four gold medals, so let's try again four she because the four, just in case you're wondering, is for the four gold medals, three individual and one for the team for suit cycling, for.
Speaker 4: Contry.
Speaker 3: Let's just stick with awesome alright, Yeah on Thumping Thursday anyway. Good morning to Darren Hawkin dass man in Aubrey walking his dog's very cold morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well eleven degree.
Speaker 3: Hi, team Eddie here chitting outside Rhys Krouding waiting for the gate to open, eating my porish cheers. Now, I've noticed a lot when we did the good Morning minute. A lot of people are outside the gates to work. We need gates here, I want to I want a gate mainly to keep some of the daytime presenters, you know who hunky out, Lindon and Annie stuck in traffic on the Monash, Good morning, and anyone else on the Monash. Ben here working at Cole's, Richmond East, waiting in the car park, playing bowling on his phone and listening to us smiley face emoji, Morning morning, Benny by Christian, Good morning. Going to get flowers so my wife can wake up to them. Today is our sixteenth wedding anniversary, Junior, No, not really. You don't go on the day. But now is a servo all nice and fresh out there, tasting of lead and petrol outside the front there and those buckets they keep.
Speaker 4: The true Where are you getting flowers?
Speaker 3: No florists are open now? Bad Sean, bad boye on your bed, Sean, Good morning to Ash and she as well doing this super early school drop off, guessing that's a future gold medal winner at that swim training. I just don't do that. Good morning to you, deb be frozen in Seaford. Unfortunately the heater that doesn't work in my car. I'm sitting in my car waiting for again the gates to open at seven am. We need to have some official gate opening music at seven am for the the hearty workers of Melbourne. Goodring to Jamie listened to show on the iHeart platform in Penrith. Thank you very much, Jamie. Morning. Good morning too, Kirsten at work dwand along South enjoying her morning coffee and good morning finally to Luke in Pakenham, Christian, I could really do with a bosh dishwasher. Of course we're building a house. After seven o'clock we'll start the Gold.
Speaker 2: Of thon good Night.
Speaker 10: And do you.
Speaker 3: I said after seven because once we've worked out how we're going to give them away, because obviously we don't know overnight how many golds are going to be won, and none of us could have been it to that on awesome four some Thursday, thumping Thursday, for she's a jolly good country, there'd be so many gold medals.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, Busy, busy day for us because Team Australia overnight incredible four gold medals, three individual gold medals and one team gold medal in the cycling. Now this has created some extra drama during the show for us because we are the show the home of the Gold of On. So every time Tim Australia wing Gold you win a big prize, all thanks to Bosh and Enesh and the big price is for the individual golds are your choice. It's either a brand new Bosh dishwasher or a washing machine. But we've got a lot of them to give away today and you'd never know when we come into the show how many were giving away and how to plan it all out. So during that song we had a team meeting, emergency team meeting to work out how are we going to give these away? Now, last week we're having a lot of fun and this week with the payphones of Melbourne, right we were giving out locations of payphones. The first people to get to them, we'll give you the prize. Jack had a great idea about the payphones. Where paying phone in Melbourne and they're everywhere the townster free paying phones are all over town. You're seeing them on every street corner. They are widely available. You've got to get two other people. You don't know. Might I mean near a morning coffee or something to be with you speak to us on the phone. We need to hear two other different voices, and you win the big prize. Yep.
Speaker 4: So three people jammed into the one booth any payphone and you win.
Speaker 3: Now do they all win? So it's a win win win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well we have three There was three individual goals, so we have three washing machines or dishwashers to give away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Does just a listener of the show who organizes the group win or do the two strangers win as well?
Speaker 3: Produce a ria? What do you think producers thought here?
Speaker 6: I like the idea of only our listeners winning, and I think it's.
Speaker 3: A stranger is being asked to help me win a brand new washing machine.
Speaker 5: A good Samaritan asks do we need more of that in the world?
Speaker 3: We do? So me me me, you're right? Good Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yes, fact, if someone you're right. If someone asked me to come into phone booth with them, and I say, if there's a washing machine in it for me, where's the country got to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, regardless of the washing machines, especially early in the morning when it's cold. Yes, yeah, I'm often actually driving around this some of the day hoping to get involved in some kind of mysterious shenanigans involving a paython, but not.
Speaker 4: With any pride assumption of replies. You would just do it for the love.
Speaker 3: Of you, solute. You need me to do this, fellow citizen, lead me to that payphone exactly, all right, So the other two people thank you.
Speaker 4: They just get to thank you and pad on the back. Hey, they can have a show, beanie.
Speaker 3: Why not? Yeah, you're right, okay, okay, but they don't get a washing machine or dishwasher. No, no, okay, all right. So any payphone you called us now, and you must be with two other people, two strangers now just thinking this through? Okay, what say? It's like they've got two a couple of lads on the work site with them. There's a payphone over there. Davy listens to us, gets Rob and Andy to go. Let's make out we don't know each other. You can win my nana a nice, glorious front loader.
Speaker 4: That is hard for us. There is no possible way for us to defend against that.
Speaker 3: So we have to defend. Why do we need to be so God?
Speaker 4: We just have to ask for the honesty and if you wanted citizens to take part in this, if you want a due pass, well, shame on you.
Speaker 3: Shame on you. You know what, maybe you'll get calmer and that washing machine will break down a floodgy house. I don't think so to Bosh Oh okay, I don't even know what it said. The craziest thing I've ever said. All right, called us now from those payphones with two other randos with you on Rando Thursday.
Speaker 2: Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, The biggest day so far on our Gold of thumb because the biggest day of a team Australia at the Games in Paris. What amazing news you're waking up to today the second week normally the tricky week the track in the field you dominate in the fall, but on the track and field, but you're smashing it. Three individual goals overnight and one for the team pursuit as well, so four gold medals. That means right now for the individual three goals on the golon we're giving away some to you. Whether you want the Bosh dishwasher or the Marsh washing machine. Jackie Boy, tell them your genius idea. You're going to need to rely on the kindness of strangers.
Speaker 4: We've been having fun with getting people as quickly as they can to call us from a payphone, any payphone in the city, call us, and you're the first three.
Speaker 3: You win.
Speaker 4: But today you have to have at least two strangers with you, three.
Speaker 3: In the booth. Three in the booth, I like it, three in him all right now, Mail is at the payphone somewhere in Melbourne right now. Morning Mail, HII Hi, I'm good. Mail. Now listen, have you got two other people with you? Mail? Oh, I have two people in the area.
Speaker 12: I can get them in the booth if you give me two seconds.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got two seconds.
Speaker 12: Okay, give me a second. I'm getting them in the booth.
Speaker 3: Do you think she's going to go and put in some funny voices? That's what I would do.
Speaker 4: Where's she gone?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They all need to talk.
Speaker 3: Spoken like a true producer there and thought about where actually gone? By the way, get Jason on. It's the first one to do it. Jason's Jason. You have a payphone? Hello, Jason, Yes, Hello, how are you? I'm very good? So you're a payphone where about sim Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I'm a Craigman train station.
Speaker 3: Now, who is with you? Have you got some other people?
Speaker 13: I don't know what's your I'm sorry, Maya and Sarah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow, done, thanks to Sarah. You live on the Christian O'Connell Show on Gold all right, yeah, just one this lovely man, Jason, a brand new washing machine or dishwasher. Thank you very much for doing that.
Speaker 12: Oh sorry, I didn't get it.
Speaker 14: Can you repeat that one?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Yes it. There's a lot to take in. You've just helped Jason, the man who asked you to speak to me. He's just one of brand new washing machine or dishwasher, the.
Speaker 6: Washing washine.
Speaker 3: Jason.
Speaker 13: Sorry, sorry, Chris, that's me.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, don't worry. Won't give it as well. I'll make Jason dusty, Dusty palm that woman away there, you're not getting it. There, you're not getting it, stranger, last minute, scrambled there that washing machine just floating away to someone else. She's about to give me your address, lovely, could you deliver it tomorrow?
Speaker 13: And Sarah's I thank you?
Speaker 3: Sarah? Is this Sarah? Yes it is Hello Sarah. This is Christian in Live on Gold one at four point three. Thank you very much for helping this guy, Jason. Now he had to get two strangers to speak to us on this pay phone, and you've just won him a big price. So thank you very much.
Speaker 14: Oh, no worries and I glad to hear have to help lovely.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. And what breakfast show do you normally listen to?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 3: Do you? Have you ever tried this show?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 14: Yes, I do, I listened to it at works.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you very very much. All right, have a nice day, yeah you too, all right? He hand me back to Jason. Jason, Yes, Jason, well done. Now the important question do you want the washing machine or do you want the dishwasher?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'd love the I'd love the I would love to get back to you, all right, don't think about it.
Speaker 10: Calling back from that payphone, right Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, What on? Jason? And thank you much, Tamir and Sarah too, strangers and a payphone. Meil is back on the line now. Who is yelling? Earlier? Mel mel Hi? Y she's still yelling Mel So whi'sh payphone? Are you out where about?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 3: Are you mal whereabouts and Pithmont? Right? Have you got the two strangers with you? If you have, you can win the prize.
Speaker 12: I've got Zach the butcher from Hate and Trician.
Speaker 3: This is great, this is very good level playing, all right, Mel? Can we hear from them?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 12: What do you hear from you?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm very good? This is Christian, he live on Gold? And who am I speaking to?
Speaker 14: You're speaking of Zach here?
Speaker 3: Zach? And what were you doing? You're just getting a coffee or just walking by? And I was just very calmly going off to get a coffee that I got told I need to get to the phone booth ap if someone wants to win something, Well, you're you're very kind doing this, so Zach, thank you very much for taking part this morning. Just won Melo big prize, so thank you. Right. So that's one was the butcher.
Speaker 4: That was the butcher.
Speaker 3: That was a butcher, Mel, all right, so we spoke to one of them. Who else have you got there with Zach the butcher? Let me sure of his name? Hello, Matrix and this is Christian here. You're live on gold. Thank you very much for doing this. And what were you up to this morning.
Speaker 13: Oh I'm just trying to buy some bread and then uh yeah, I'll pane dragged out onto the straight and now I'm talking to you.
Speaker 3: Well, you certainly don't win the washing machine, all right, Mail does, but we send you a prize anyway. Thanks for taking part in this's a bit a good sport and thank you very much. Just good back to Mail now now, Mail you're back, You've won. You are a pay phone winner. Now, ma'l what do you want? Do you want the Bosh dishwasher? You want the washing machine? Yes, you absolutely again you could have to wash the machine. That's what is yours broken at the moment. Mel Well, glad you were two part and this you're the first one to call in, so I'm glad you actually get two strangers then, Zach the butcher, well done, all right, thank you very much for taking part. Have a good day. Well done Mail. Christian Connell's show, Hey, good morning, it's Christian O'connohey, so I mentioned this yesterday and a lot of you called the show and you wanted to try and see how you can out support this as well. I was saying how food Bank is asking Victorians to collect food for them as part of an emergency food drive this weekend. It's happening on Saturday and Sunday in Yarraville all day long between ten am and three pm to help fill their shelves. Now, emergency food bank drives are very rare. The last one was in twenty nineteen. Take you back twenty nineteen. It was a ton of the bushfires, and so to be in the situation where we need to help them out again says that things that must be really bad for fellow Victorians. So what we need is they need basic food items like tuna, pasta, pasta, sauce, rice cereal long life milk, canned items like canned fruit, and canned vegetables. So if you can help, please drop the items directly to food Bank that's Somerville Road, Yarraville this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Now, if you can't get to Yarraville and you're anywhere near where we are, single day Monday to Friday in the morning, whether radio station is here in Richmond, you can drop it off during the show or all day long. Tomorrow. We're in Goodwood Street, Richmond. If you go to our socials you can find out more then and if you want to come in say hello to Jack and I do on the show tomorrow. But anything you do to support this food Banker Victoria's emergency food drive this weekend and if you want to drop your food off tomorrow here at the station, that would be awesome. You can find out more on our Instagram, The Christian O'Connell Show, and also on our Facebook page, The Christian O'Connell Show. There if you want to find out more details and get involved directly go to foodbank dot org dot au and if you can help, thank you.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: This week on the show, we're looking for your embarrassing injuries. We had some amazing stories yesterday on the show. Are some of our favorites.
Speaker 16: I was playing basketball with my mate ring was about nine and a half foot, so you could have some fun and dunk on it. My head brushes and net how to come down, and all of a sudden, I'm like, where are my taste? My teeth ripped out on the basketball net.
Speaker 14: I was made of honor at my friend's wedding, broke my ankle in took places and displcated it and stocked the wedding.
Speaker 16: The solid ball has damaged my wrist.
Speaker 2: Wasn't expecting it to be so heavy.
Speaker 7: Someone just handed it to me.
Speaker 9: I just felt this between in my wrist.
Speaker 2: Still a problem.
Speaker 12: Now I'm going to get a bloody mr.
Speaker 3: Right, he's one of my quarters of the show.
Speaker 4: Ever nowhere safe, not even passing salad across the dinner table.
Speaker 3: Ninja you my wife got the sellard bowled out. Yes, I was a cap of those things. We had a quarter today, did himself a mischief so on the once we got yesterday. After the show, Christian I tour attended in my finger tugging my undies down in a rush. Lou break at work. I love this one from Naomi. Broke my arm burying the goldfish. I mean, how big was the goldfish? Alb was the shovel? Was the ground hard when you were digging it out? How did you put your arm burying the goldfish? This is some Chris walks into Wharabi football grounds. Strangely chaosk one hand, dim sim in the other hand football under arm. I slipped on the mud, landed on the football and broke two ribs. Lost the dim Sims Christian, but saved the pine. This was all a week before going on holiday. We had to cancel so I'd hear that, Chris Kelly. I injured myself picking up coins for a pregnant customer, blew out my knee. Kim. I fell over racing my grandson at Science Works and my shoe came off and I fell on my wrists and broke a rib.
Speaker 4: I know the exact exhibit that they're racing the Kathy.
Speaker 3: Fram Yeah, Christian, I've been sat for half an hour and not knowing whether to put the sim writing. I'm still suffering, never repaired emotionally from two years ago. I got a complete bicep detachment from wiping myself after using the toilet Ria. We don't need to reenact it. The mine's already doing that. I'm thinking, was it one of those ones? You know? Sometimes you have quite a messy clean up operation, don't you, and you do some vigorous scrub. You need that loofer too much detail? Yeah, I'll move on. And this one here from Abby snapped her acl changing her socks. All right, your embarrassing injuries, give us a call down.
Speaker 2: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. I merely made a passing comment about the strange but not strange technical problems during poor Rachel Storer's news there. We don't get any of that when Patsy's doing it all, and it wouldn't beyond Patsy. We know what she's like to actually deliberately screw things up a bit. Yea, you know, I mean he said, maybe PATSI that I've just had a text Fromerhaps going, how dam how I tell you what I dare? I dare Patsy, I dare back to you, my friend she knew. Why do you listen to harm set of news, Patsy?
Speaker 4: You should be caring right.
Speaker 3: Now, rare yeah, oh yeah, poor old Chris right now? All right? So how did you injure yourself? We're looking for your embarrassing injuries? Nine four one four three. Christian. I managed to burst a disc in my neck pressing the copy button on the photo copier. I was out for six weeks. Christian, my brother Christian, my brother Bocher is tripping in the hallway, was wrapped in a duna one morning while running to answer a phone. He had to up surgery to repair it. What a great brotherly thing to do to actually share that story on Elburn's biggest radio station. Happy to call for this one. We don't needed you because the next three lines in that text, I will never forget or on seed that. Please don't tell me they really don't do that like a banana. That is just too much. That is horrific. You've also dont sink grim ones aren't coming on. I just keep hearing Jack going, that's a bit too much on the show today. That's level I think. Come on to Michelle Christian. I broke my wrist at home dancing by my sow. Try and do the macarena. The kids are all at school. Coffee table got in the way. Don't blame the coffee table, Michelle, all right, you're embossing injuries. Nine four one four one four three. Good morning Cindy, hy, Good morning Cindy. Thanks to colling the show. So how did you injure yourself?
Speaker 7: A two year old grand daughter said, let's go down the slide, Nanny and I okay, went down the slide, got stuck, went my leg went one way and my body went the other. Torn the ACL joint and a torn Killy's pendon got stuck. Daughter took me out of this slide and went to doctor and he said, Cindy, you got to stop going down the slides at sixty Wow.
Speaker 3: We oh, Cindy, there's so much going on there.
Speaker 4: They're they're more dangerous than you think. And this is I've just had a toddler sidnise, I've just started going on slides again as an adult.
Speaker 3: And you're right.
Speaker 4: You can easily catch a shoe or something hits the side, catches itself and then you're at wrong angles.
Speaker 3: You're not going down the side. Yes, they like you to go down seventy five and hard is it?
Speaker 4: I like you to I even go down that tubule one.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's around. They're filthy as well. You did it as well, so that's a lot of damage you did to yourself there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, six weeks I wasn't allowed to walk on my arm leg And of course, you know, going to grandkids and they're saying, come on, Yanny, and you're missing allen doing and having fun. I still got sides. I'm not listening to the doctor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's certainly country tough. You're a super gram super grand Cindy. Thank you very much your story mate. Have a good day.
Speaker 14: Thanks everyone, have a great day.
Speaker 10: Christian Connell's show podcast talk about your embossing injury this morning, Amy, christ and I broke my pinky finger when I dropped a chicken.
Speaker 3: I was attempting to defrost. That is adulting, isn't it. We do every week's site when it sucks growing up. I'm sorry to laugh at you, Amy, but that was funny. Christian found an old Sharon at the park. You can see the rest of this. My daughter said, can you still kick it? Dad asked me to bounce out. I made the perfect bounce before trying to whack it torp it out of mid air. LEXI, I know I'm going through the air myself, landing flat my wrist badly and breaking it in three places. Wow. I wonder how many dads have done. Oh yeah, yeah, hey watched this. Dad still got it? Here. I go on that micro scooter. Huk.
Speaker 4: He's going to come in bends any day because he is riding that skateboard, his new skateboard.
Speaker 3: All right. Well. One of the stories we had yesterday was an amazing story from Niri about a wedding.
Speaker 14: I was made of honor at my friend's wedding took two steps down the aisle, but on brick broke my ankle into places and displicated it and stocked the wedding.
Speaker 3: See that's the key bit stopped the wedding. Right. The most important day for a couple, isn't it. It's a big day family there, it's huge. You've got everyone waiting to take the photos. It's all about that one event. It's all going to that and anything that gets in the way of that is is it goes. The whole thing just falls out of whack. Everything's lined up when the cars are going what you've got to go to. So I'd love to hear other stories today of why the wedding was stopped. Well.
Speaker 2: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. We'll talk about the Melbourne Royal Show when you're a kid going to it, Jack and we get seeing on the highlights outside of Christmas and birthday of the year. Right.
Speaker 4: Oh and the showbags, yes, they're all the rat showbags. We were allocated twenty dollars each Melbourne show and we could divvy it up however we could, So it was actually a good way to learn early mouths. It's like, can I fit the hubber bubber bag in and the birdy beadle bag and the Ninja bag and the rest of the show. Honestly, sometimes I felt like it was a chore to go and see the cows, see the dog show. So that put up with that stuff. So you get your showbags at the end.
Speaker 3: It's all about the showbag. It's still as well. And that was back of the day when you got your twenty dollars. That's when twenty bucks could actually get you a lot of gear.
Speaker 4: Mate, my brother and I used to spend you got it, I want to say a month before the showbag gud would come out in the newspaper and we would It would be crumpled pieces of paper by the end of it. How many times we were turning it over, circling different things we wanted, making short lists the showbags of what it's all about.
Speaker 3: So participating is in the studio with us right now with two possible showbags and what are we looking at?
Speaker 17: Yes, so for the first time ever? Oh, actually, have you done it before? Have you had a showbag before?
Speaker 3: Three years ago? And then we did a thing where we gave away our own showbags on the show and it had about two grands worth of kitting it. It was fairy very.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that was that was a prize that the radio session. We've never had a showback that you can officially buy at the Royal Melbourne Show.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so this is the first ever show showbag.
Speaker 3: This is huge.
Speaker 11: We're getting that. It's actually not for this year, it's for the next year.
Speaker 3: We already planned this far ahead. I'm already not interested, you know, I'm like with long term planning. If it's tomorrow, I'm all in. But it's really why can't we do it this year?
Speaker 11: Well because turn around.
Speaker 3: So the boss went and it takes China six months to make the stuff. Yeah, nothing more Australian than the Chinese made Melbourne Royal Show.
Speaker 17: We're a very big company and we have lots of shows around our network and so everyone but.
Speaker 3: Your little corporate head on there.
Speaker 17: Well everyone around the network.
Speaker 3: And so that's why we have to Terry stuck on the Monash right now. Doesn't care about the network.
Speaker 4: We're putting a big brisbe.
Speaker 3: How are they performing at the moment.
Speaker 17: Five So we've been told by the show bag company that.
Speaker 3: These three Chinese people at the factories.
Speaker 17: Yes, need to be in the bag for it to sell, right, These are the things that people look for and go, yeah, that's worth giving up.
Speaker 3: Listen, no, kids, it can't sleep for four weeks like young Jack about a flipping lia. That's boring. Adults.
Speaker 17: It needs to you pulled a drink bottle out as the first Okay, so the first very popular item is a drink bottle.
Speaker 3: And it's not Frank Green. It's our cheap of Chinese.
Speaker 11: They're fantastic guys.
Speaker 3: These will be actually two nice curls. But I just can't see kids go, Mamma, please get me a Liater canister of water.
Speaker 4: All the kids at school branded drink bottle, and I'm going to be the only one that does it.
Speaker 3: Oh, they've got Frank Green.
Speaker 11: So we have a choice between two of them. Okay, the first one is that is unnecessarily big. It's big. It's a very big fire extinguisher.
Speaker 3: Too big.
Speaker 4: I don't like any drink bottles that don't fit in the cup holder in the car, So this point, go for the smaller.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we have a smaller nice silicon One are the.
Speaker 3: Two banks that were giving away our show bags and is it no, So we.
Speaker 11: Have a choice of a show bag. One is like a Hessian sack.
Speaker 17: That sounds bad, it looks that's.
Speaker 3: A nice little beach bag. I like the big green one you're in front of right now.
Speaker 4: It is exactly a beach bag, the kind of thing you put towels and goggles.
Speaker 11: But this one, the green one to the.
Speaker 3: Beach with their goggle.
Speaker 4: Inspired by the Olympics Fastest Time goggles, Speedo goggles.
Speaker 11: The green bag that we can get in whatever color is.
Speaker 3: Still going on. Someone, someone is activated right now. We don't need to be here playing a video.
Speaker 11: We have to make a decision because we've got to get the order into what.
Speaker 4: Bag you reckon? The beach bag or what would you call this bag a travel bag?
Speaker 3: This is a weekend away back. That's very nice.
Speaker 11: If it were me, I'd buy the bag just off this bat.
Speaker 3: You get the water bottle complimentary.
Speaker 17: Correct, No, that's a part of in the whole thing. And then the other item, the third item that's very popular is a hat. So which one of these hats ones.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, we've got a corduroy cap and we've got regular canvas.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think Corduroys.
Speaker 3: You don't think anyone's deciding to hand over money based on what's in that bag at the moment. A hat and a water bottle. Positive, they're not those of grubby runners up prices they send out for something.
Speaker 11: It's going to be filled with heap of other stuff too.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like what that's what we need to focus on. If we're gonna have a show bag, it needs to be the ultimate show bag.
Speaker 17: Yes, so we actually get we get to choose pringles. Yeah, we can put those things in it. We can ask them if they want to be a part of it. But we also get another item.
Speaker 3: One more things in the bag. That's not enough.
Speaker 17: So you get three things plus another item that we get to choose. What it is, whether it's a jid bits that we get made for the show, or it's like a phone charger.
Speaker 11: Or phone.
Speaker 4: You want to make it more exciting. Yeah, when I was a kid, the main thing you looked for was some kind of inflatable thing, right, that was the novelty hammer, the novelty baseball.
Speaker 3: What about an inflatable radio?
Speaker 4: There you go, Okay, that's great.
Speaker 3: Phone charger. Oh, it's a USB, A B and C charger.
Speaker 17: Oh well, you can also get playing cards. So if we want to do a show playing have you.
Speaker 3: Got or a whole inflable radio more novel china anyway monitoring all frequency, big inflatable boombox boom box.
Speaker 11: Yes, all socks, We could do socks.
Speaker 3: This is so random. You need more exciting yeap in there?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 3: What were the things? So sweets as well? We need some kind of sweets there.
Speaker 4: The kind of lollies that you can't buy at shops you have, you can only really get them in showbags, milk, chees, redskins, those sort of things. Yeah, we can try to check a bunch of lollies in there.
Speaker 11: That makes it fantastic.
Speaker 3: Gets cooled in now because Caitlyn' struggling now at the moment, there's a phone charger, a water bottle and a cap, a pair of socks. What should we put in our show bag? Better? Mind? So these are for free? Are they? No?
Speaker 11: You have to pay for them? It's great, it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: I could of yell then at somebody, you know, I tell you who's going to be out there spooking as you you'll be selling these.
Speaker 2: Christian Connall's show podcasts.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show still to come on today's show. Another big price we won on our gold of th on because in Rachel's news sound, doesn't that news sound great? Really stood out the warm friendly voice there you can note with that person great hire Rachel Storer just hearing that the news so gives your tingles four golds in four different sports in four hours overnight. So the goldon will be back in about twenty minutes time. All I will say is the payphones are back. Start scanning wherever you are right now. We're putting you back in those gorgeous payphones, all right. So right now, this is great news. It's one thing getting an Australian passport, Thank you Australia. Suddenly we found out well where your show is, getting our own showbag. This is this is huge. Yes, a lambark.
Speaker 11: Moment not until twenty twenty five, but we will have one.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is I don't mind waiting. It's going to be epic, all right. So at the moment then we're looking for things to go in. Producer Caitlin is very excited by this, but unfortunately her head is filled with items that I don't think are that exciting that you would actually pay for.
Speaker 4: A pair of socks, for example, a phone charger.
Speaker 11: These are just examples. I'm just trying to help you.
Speaker 3: Know, fish, Sure, that's what you would have them, and that's what kids get. Ead you.
Speaker 4: Now you're on the right track.
Speaker 3: Question. Now, obviously we've got a lot of our ideas people coming in things for kids. We've got to know our audience. Okay, we know who listens to the show. Sure the kids are trapped in the car, they have to listen in the morning. Middle aged people. We need some items for middle aged people. I'm thinking of Spike Lee's pillow, volter old cream clothes pegs.
Speaker 4: Okay, why don't we Why do you love clothes pegs?
Speaker 3: As middle aged people, I'm always losing My clothes were always losing. They are They're very flimsy, they're good for like three washes. They're just sort of snap daddy longlegs. It's so Yes, a gouple of items in there. Now, David couldn't hang on, but it's very important to pass on what he said because this is a key thing. A whoope cushion. Yes, that is a classic showback item. Yeah, pranks galore, still happening in twenty twenty five and be on a I can't make a big Betty laugh like that with a fire back.
Speaker 4: And it suits the middle age as well as the young kids, so everybody is catered for.
Speaker 3: You're quite right there, all right, it's good to Veronica. Good morning Veronica, Good morning Christian. How are you, good morning King? Well, we're actually very excited. What do you think should go on our showbag?
Speaker 12: Well, I agree with Caitlyn.
Speaker 7: I love the idea of the playing cards, but the idea I haddies it's set in the head of a king.
Speaker 3: Let's put your face Christian and Jack and pass.
Speaker 7: Let's put Patty and.
Speaker 3: Then I would be the Jack.
Speaker 4: That makes that makes sense, the.
Speaker 6: Joker Rio as the joker, and of course let's change the symbol on the ace and let Caitlin.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a lovely idea, Veronica.
Speaker 4: That's very nicely being the highest.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no, we can readjust that. Jack. Good idea though, Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Emily, Good morning, Emily, Good morning guys.
Speaker 12: How are we going?
Speaker 3: You're having a good week, Emily, So showbag? What can needs to go in?
Speaker 14: So the showbags sounds fantastic.
Speaker 13: Although I really love the clothes pieces, I think that needs to.
Speaker 3: Get Honestly, I'm gonna bring our own range.
Speaker 12: We really need fan tails.
Speaker 14: I feel Fantais should not have been discontinued.
Speaker 3: And who gets fed up of having a gorgeous caramel center and stuff like that? Bring back fan tails. Yeah? So would we need to contact there were Allen's fantails, get the recipe and then send it to our good friends in China?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we would and we and we need the little bios of Crow and.
Speaker 3: We should write our own ones. Actually there's a guy in their own version of fan tails. Yeah, Emily, great idea. I love the fantails. Thank you very much for calling up with that one. Have a good day.
Speaker 2: Thanks as you do.
Speaker 3: John. Good morning, morning guys.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We're good John? What needs to go on our showbag?
Speaker 9: I think you need to get bags of em and m's. But with golden stamped on them. I know you can get them done, can you?
Speaker 3: You've seen that before?
Speaker 9: Get them done you I've had him before for my birthday, my daughter organized them. You get a little stamped your little eminems, then you have your own logo. Stamped on them.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a great idea. So what do you have your name on them?
Speaker 4: Or your face?
Speaker 9: I had my name on.
Speaker 3: Them, small hand rise. They've got a lot of factory plant out there in China. Is it for you?
Speaker 9: They do it for you. I had John's sixtieth written on him and it.
Speaker 3: Was really how cool? And do you like Eminem's?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I love them.
Speaker 3: I love city questions regret asking him embarrassed. All right, John, thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day you too, Thank you, Jenny. Good morning, morning Jenny. So what's your go in our show bag?
Speaker 9: I would definitely love a show bag, but it needs a beIN sticker.
Speaker 3: A great idea. There are still some kicking around. We need to get some more. Actually, you're always asking for those bench stickers, Jenny. That's a great idea. Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: No worries.
Speaker 3: No one is calling up saying phone charger or socks.
Speaker 2: Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Guys, you are show that it needs a key ring, the classic key ring, Penn Beanie mug, Thermal mug, stubby holders, Christian breaking news. I've just seen some fan tails in an i GA where they got hold of them from listen, get back in there, buy them for us. We need them, Christian giving the age of your target audience. How about magnifying glasses in there as well for a closed up reading. All right, So the Gold of Thon is on today because an amazing, amazing night at the Games in Paris.
Speaker 15: Overnight second week, Team Australia still smashing it, winning gold medals, four gold medals in four different sports in four hours.
Speaker 3: Rio people that have just tuned into a show the four goals for Australia overnight at the Games parents.
Speaker 6: Keegan Palmer's gone back to back in the skateboarding halfpipe to win our first gold of the night. There was also Matt Werne in the men's dinghy which is sailing. Then we had the men's team cycling pursuit beating Great Britain, which we love, and Nina Kennedy knocking out I've heard that.
Speaker 3: By the way, I am here. You can have your show bag, but don't forget where you came from, your stinking palm.
Speaker 6: We are also head of Great Britain on the metal telling not that that's the question asked. And finally Nina Kennedy taking out her American rival Katie Moon to win Pole Vault Gold.
Speaker 3: So every time Tim Australia wing gold, you win a big prize. Thanks to Ian S and Wash cleaning up the medals. So we got one last big prize to give away and it's your choice whether you want the Bosh dishwasher or the washing machine, it's your choice. All we needed to do is find a payphone, and they're everywhere. Every street, there's payphones everywhere. They're free every street, most streets, every other streets there's a tellus, a free paper for you. You need to call us, but you need to have two other people with you, two strangers. Now you might be thinking, Christian, this won't work. I can't distract strangers. POP won't get involved. They did, they did an hour ago. This happened when Mao was dragging people passing her.
Speaker 14: I've got two strangers.
Speaker 12: I've got Zach the butcher from hat Shops and Trician.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I've been dragged out onto the street and now I'm talking to you. So thanks for that hurry. I've been give her the washing machines. I can go.
Speaker 3: And then there was this terrifying moment when one of the randos that we were chatting to Jason was a listener thought that she was getting a brand new washing machine and started giving me her details.
Speaker 9: The washing machine.
Speaker 3: So Chris, that's me. No, no stranger out the way.
Speaker 4: He got back during the showback phone as well, just to make sure we understand, he was the one that one looks like.
Speaker 3: Really that watching.
Speaker 2: Once more on the washing machine.
Speaker 3: Chris, that's me. I can imagine the fumbling with the phone grabbing out of that poor lady's head. Okay, so look it does work. So find the paying phone, find two extra people. We need to speak to them as well, and then you can win your prize.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go back live to the streets of Melbourne and the payphones. Three strangers in a payphone. If you can gather two strangers getting to speak to us, you win the big prize. On the Gold of Farm today, Katherine is life at a payphone. Good morning Katherine, Hey Christian him good well done. He found a payphone?
Speaker 12: Yes I did. Dan and Summers run on the page price.
Speaker 3: Oh beautiful down there.
Speaker 12: I've got two lovely strangers here and we're actually recruiting a lot more.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 12: Well, random walking past, just looking at me laughing.
Speaker 3: All right, So to Catherine, who are the two strangers that you've got?
Speaker 12: I Andrew and Sarah?
Speaker 3: All right, can we just have a quick chat with each of them?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Sure, thank you very much, very random.
Speaker 3: Hello Christian Andrew.
Speaker 9: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Andrew? So, were you just out walking or do you work nearby in somers I work in Frankston.
Speaker 18: I was actually just coming to put some posters up at the local notice board.
Speaker 3: And what are you posters? What you advertising? You're on the radio now helping somebody else.
Speaker 18: We can help you out the advertising for an independent candidate for the Flinders seat of Flinders for the potential upcoming federal elections.
Speaker 4: You're running yourself.
Speaker 18: I'm not running myself at this stage.
Speaker 3: No, but the campaign manager inspective.
Speaker 18: Candidates out of the local community to be an independent in the in the seed of Flinders, which would be a good outcome.
Speaker 3: All right, good luck, Yeah, thank you very much. All right, and thank you very much. Hopping to win and watch a machine or dishwasher as well.
Speaker 18: Yeah, thank you, good to speak you, thank you, Andrew.
Speaker 3: Future politician.
Speaker 12: There, Hi, This is Sarah.
Speaker 3: Hello Sarah, how.
Speaker 7: Are you doing?
Speaker 3: This is Christian, you live and Gold one oh four point three? Hello, Hello, and what were you doing? What are you doing down in Summers today? Oh?
Speaker 18: I live down here.
Speaker 3: I'm going to my regular walk to get coffee. Ah, but it's beautiful down there today, it's lovely summers morning. All right, Well, listen, thank you very much for helping out.
Speaker 12: No worries, I'll put you back on.
Speaker 3: That's Catherine, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 12: Hi.
Speaker 3: Lovely community down that you've got speak Andrew and Sarah. Lovely people.
Speaker 12: Yes, they have beautiful people. So I'm going to run inside the Summers General Store and they make the best coffee down here, and I'll buy and buy to coffee.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're so kind. Now listen, what do you want star prize? You can get the wash dishwasher or the washing machine. What do you fancy?
Speaker 12: Oh my god, Christian.
Speaker 3: So many choices, so many choices.
Speaker 12: I'm just so shaky that actually got true.
Speaker 3: You were the first one. Well done, you were so quick.
Speaker 12: Awesome. I'm going to tell you what stat I was doing to get down here, but.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it was well below the legal limit. Actually one I.
Speaker 12: Don't know, probably the dishwasher place. Mine's are quite old and clunky.
Speaker 3: Now ano the fact you don't know, and yet you made a lot of effort to call him win and you're not sure.
Speaker 12: I feel bad asking for a prize?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't know, because that's how it works.
Speaker 3: You know, you respond, you win the prize, you don't have need to have any winner's remorse.
Speaker 12: Oh no, this is so funny. Yeah, definitely the dishwasher place, Christian.
Speaker 3: All right, so we're sticking on the dishwasher.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yes place.
Speaker 3: All right, Catherine, thank you very much for taking part. Have a good day and congratulations are.
Speaker 12: You guys are awesome and says Andrew and Sarah.
Speaker 10: Thank you so m love all right, thanks Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, put me down for one of your middle aged showbags. I'm a fifty year old lady Clear whites and glasses. Oh yeah, that's a great idea. Tweezes because testosterone sucks. That's from Mercate. Actually, I know Pats isn't here, but I will be missing out something. Her brilliant new podcast, Rage Against the Machine. New episode is out now, Rage against the Menopause, Raging against the Machine. She's a massive fan of Zach de La Roach. She just loves that angry metal. You know, if you know what you're telling about, Pat's come on least of the news.
Speaker 4: She goes through the whole, does each song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got a one posting tribute band Zach de la Pats we called her. But yeah, the other one is that she's doing. She's doing two podcasts. She's doing Rage against the Machine and Rage Against the Menopause. Has been going for a couple of weeks now. She's getting an amazing response. It is a brilliant listen and it is so good I cannot recommend it enough. Christian. Also, if you are doing the showbag the middle aged people, it's not thongs Archieese. I haven't paard those archies.
Speaker 4: Why did they give you the right arch support?
Speaker 3: You got it, my friend. It's like your foot's being a massage. Hes like that. Do you know who's the poster boy for them? Dustin Martin.
Speaker 4: I've never seen that at Yeah.
Speaker 3: He has look it up. It looks like his agent went listen there, just come to wherever you are and take a quick photo. It looks like he's walking the door. He just put his foot on a on a post.
Speaker 4: Actually, looks like it couldn't be a paparazzi photo.
Speaker 3: He could him wearing them and someone just will quick get a photo of it for the website. All right, today he's.
Speaker 4: There's a mattress shop near my house that used to have when Gary Hamblet Junior was playing football. He apparently he was a spokesman for the mattress shop. But it really looked like a paparazzi photo. He didn't have him near a mattress, and it did have him looking at the cameras and it looked like a long lens.
Speaker 3: If anyone knows more of these dubious celebrity endorsements, please let us know. All right to down time, wast sir, we're looking for your Italian bands because today is thank in Italian day.
Speaker 4: Am pragol?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 3: That's please? Hello, thank you Da Vinci, thank you Columbus, and thank you Galileo, Marco Polo, so many explorers.
Speaker 4: How did I get?
Speaker 3: How did I miss Clatzy? Have you thanks for famous Italian yet Gratzy?
Speaker 4: No, that's yes, Pearlo was he one of the Italian soccer players?
Speaker 3: Pearl? That's Plantyre. You go listen to please, do your bit today. Thank you random Italian. Top five Italian food crimes according to Italy dot com. Top five Italian food crimes. What do you think people do that? The Italians don't like that? We did their beloved food pineapple and pizza. You got it, my friend, Bang, that's a number three. Putting fruit on you pizza. I gotta love of pineapple pizza. Sorry, Italy is progress? Number five? Rinsing your pastor after cooking it. I always do that.
Speaker 4: I thought you were meant to do that, didn't we didn't we have true Italian show?
Speaker 3: Yes? Or is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I've been doing it wrong. I thought none is everywhere. Are coming out of the kitchen right now and calling us with those big old stubby fingers that none has gone. I've been rinsing because because the salt you put in to stop it like congealing. Okay, what do you know? You from Sydney, fake Italian? Here you're eating once on Lygon Street. Suddenly you're a nonna. Three other non and number two.
Speaker 4: I like when you argue with.
Speaker 3: He just sometimes he's putting in place. I have the buttons that Game of Thrones. One day he'd be in charge of them. But until that day, you just yelp in the background, picking up me pizza and eating at my hands, and the before snapping your number one, snapping your pasta before you put it in the balling waters.
Speaker 4: I always do what they do, need their pizza by hand?
Speaker 3: No, uh, you know what they do. They just go with their face and just start on the table. I've seen them all right. Make a band Italian Sehmonfato, Minnie Panini.
Speaker 2: Gold.
Speaker 3: We love on this radio station. Ronan Keating, he's a good Yeah, he's also Roman Keating when he talks there.
Speaker 4: That's actually gold plus.
Speaker 3: I hope he does dress up in a tunic and one of those big hats and see most to them. Black eyed Pisa silver, Fleetwood Macaroni.
Speaker 4: Silver, the Sanya del Rey gold.
Speaker 3: That's it for me, Jackie boy, What have you got?
Speaker 4: The red hot Fusili peppers.
Speaker 3: Oh, very good gold.
Speaker 4: The Trevy Fountains of Wayne.
Speaker 3: Yayh nice little local reference. Cibronzi, the Leaning Tower of Weezer. Oh, that's very good gold plus.
Speaker 4: And there was a sixties beard in his throw called the Master's Apprentices or were they the Pastor's apprentices?
Speaker 18: Wow?
Speaker 3: Deep cuts deep cut silver Well.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell showed time Waste today best in show. We've got a gold class double pass. Thanks to for the cinemas asking you on thank an Italian day to make your band Italian Italian bands. Fact, let's get the appropriate movie. There we go. Oh, Jack and I are out on the streets right now under a pagoda or the taverna. None is making in some lovely racoon Runo Mario gold in those lover rules please Mario, Well done, luke zz Topolino Bronz. Sorry, make any sense. This is a random word with a no one the yet this is a great one from rain Alana's Nona set Gold love just when She's older, from that big pan over Snow Nona Wu Tang Vatican Silva Janet, the Luigi's Oh that's yeah, very so, the Luigi's four non bloons. I can't get enough of the non of ones today. Well done? Who's that? Glenn Is four non Alms, Vino Halen Bronze, Faith, no more Faith, no more silver, Limba Scotti gold Plas Vanessa. Well done, Bono, said a Bonovil John bon That's so good Tracy, Gwen not Gwen Stefani, Gwen Giovanni, Silva Proscuto Echo silver plus Rundi m Noki bron Aaronsini Grande silver, friends all rome goal. That's very small. We on stew Panatones and I gold, So many golds today. Well done Panotones and I is brilliant, Adam and Nna inch nails silver, Tirimaseudo Echo gold and finally another great one a c D C gold a c DC see money all right, haw's a bite. There were lots of go one great gold run. The winner is Glenn for four Nona Blonde. Yeah, well done mate, you're the winner today.
Speaker 2: Christian no connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, Hi, Tomorrow's show today. I love them, really love them. Get ready for some live read someone on the show from me. Well we time for Rio's rounder. But the games in Paris after awesome foursome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, four four gold today.
Speaker 3: Four goals in four sports in four hours, all the fours. What is tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow is have faith Friday because with prayer hands, emoji.
Speaker 6: Hands, emoji up, we don't have any what we would call shoeings or metal chances in.
Speaker 3: How greedy for you? We've got eighteen goals and we want more. You do get greedy? You are they trying as hard as all the others.
Speaker 4: Every show we've done, we've come into gold medals.
Speaker 6: Yes, we've become accustomed to waking up with a little bit of gold under our pulace.
Speaker 3: What about if we get nothing Frugal Friday? Oh I like it, no gold, careful, careful bank them.
Speaker 5: But before frugal Friday, we must have faith?
Speaker 3: All right? What about falling Friday? If we get nothing, we just reflect on the eighteen goals? Hey, come on, what about remember last week we'd have been grateful for eighteen Friday?
Speaker 4: Forgetful Friday?
Speaker 3: What gold of thorm?
Speaker 5: But we do have we do have some people competing, that's sure.
Speaker 3: All right, So what's having the the next twenty four hours?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 5: We've got Curtis Matthews in the diving.
Speaker 3: He was the very when they given up in that pool.
Speaker 5: I'm diving.
Speaker 3: Very sorry for the Parisians who were just going to get their swim in. And they're still.
Speaker 4: Every day you can turn on, they're still diving.
Speaker 6: He was actually was it fourteen months ago? He was playing rugby, and he was nineteen ninety kilo nineteen kilos.
Speaker 3: No, wonder who gave up rugby? You're going to get smashed, mete. You need to pick up something out chips of bowl cups nineteen kilo man.
Speaker 6: So in the last fourteen months he's lost, he's eaten a lot. He's lost over sixteen kilos and become a diver at the game.
Speaker 3: Wow, I thought you won. Wonder what you're going to pronounce him saved up for the other podcast wonderful stuff. Well, well look out for him.
Speaker 6: Curtis on his very last dive he made it into the finals, so very dramatic.
Speaker 5: He qualifies twelve. We also have two.
Speaker 3: He left our bit at the end. He quickly moved your sit side covide twelve out of twelve Frugal Friday exactly.
Speaker 6: And we've got a couple of women swimming in the marathon a ten kilometer no way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not in that scene.
Speaker 6: Actually, I'm not sure where it is, but it's ten k They didn't Their intention was to have the open water swimming in the in the scene, but I'm not sure if they're doing it because of the floating pool. Yeah, well, I don't know if they've got anywhere else. So as far as I know, I think it is in the sane. We've got Mosia Johnson and Chelsea Gubeca swimming there.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine, right, swimming for ten.
Speaker 5: K even fifty meters is a lot.
Speaker 3: How long does it go on for? I think I don't Monday. It must go, It must go for hours.
Speaker 8: Ten k there Colmos two hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the world record is just shy of two hours, one hour forty eight minutes.
Speaker 3: But you're swimming non stop. Yeah, I don't have a snap break. It's like side and just even miles by two hours.
Speaker 5: You know, I think they're.
Speaker 3: Swimming a lap or two. You're exhausted, you know, I need to I can't carry on, Coach, give me her bgail or something.
Speaker 5: So good luck to them because I mean, even just to compete.
Speaker 3: It is incredible, astonishing.
Speaker 5: And the Kieran starts in the cycling.
Speaker 3: I love this. This is where they chase a little pizza guy with the fashion blue light and the old gas matron.
Speaker 5: There's a little man on a motorized bike for three laps.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just that tiny rugby player is only nine.
Speaker 5: He's a little lucky at so they chase him for three laps and then after three laps.
Speaker 3: He goes home. Doesn't he goes off. He's got delivery. He's got to go and deliver all those the cat and mouse one where they know it's crazy and it's really exciting.
Speaker 5: That is the omnitron.
Speaker 3: That's the what I get confused about, the gas matrons.
Speaker 6: The omniums where I woke it into it. That's a very long race. But the Kuran is tonight. We've got Christina Klonan in it for the women.
Speaker 3: Good stuff Okay, good lunch Team Australia and get ready for Frugal Friday, Fanfare Friday or have Faith Friday. We're back tomorrow. Join us them.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast