Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian Connall Show podcast. Do you say anger?
Speaker 3: I say passion on the flower Gasa scale.
Speaker 2: My Lord, dear testing again a Christian Connall Show on Gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, Thursday morning, seven minutes past six. Good morning, Jack Post, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Patrina Jones, Jones Mining Christian.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jack.
Speaker 4: What a strange week this is. I said that yesterday, but now there's that the army might be called in to actually make Melbournians quarantine and stay indoors. It's just a ridiculous situation.
Speaker 5: The rest of the country hates us right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're all taking pot shots. Now, A thousand this is right, A thousand Army might be called up to actually, what's the patrol people in hotels.
Speaker 3: They're coming. They're on their way from today, so they're going to wipe to.
Speaker 4: See such news. Is they're coming? What now down there are going to start slashing?
Speaker 5: Shall we barricade the front door?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're coming.
Speaker 3: If they're coming, the quarantine thing is just being so bamboozled, says me. So they need someone in there to sort it out. So they'll be doing that and they'll.
Speaker 4: Also where will they be patrolling passed? Is this the hotels? The security guards they're worried about haven't been able to do quite a strict enough job.
Speaker 3: Well, the poor old security guards. In fairness to them, I think people just aren't doing what they should do. So you know what you're not.
Speaker 4: Going to do. People won't listen to them, will they?
Speaker 3: This is what happens, So tell me this.
Speaker 4: Right, the army, So they go to patrol because it's the Crown, one of the hotels for quarantine.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if it still is, but I think the Stanford is one year. There's a few in there.
Speaker 4: Right, So were they going to sort of patrol the sort of corridors at night? You know they're not going to have their guns out.
Speaker 5: Or drive a take up to the front door.
Speaker 4: You know you're waiting for the lift the lift doors open. I don't think it's quite going to be like that. I think we might be get ahead of ourselves. Team. I needed to tell me whether or not this is bad behavior. So this week I'm home alone, and yesterday the fridge had food in that's been left there for me by my wife, Salad and healthy stuff like that.
Speaker 5: You told me, you said, yesterday you were getting no home deliveries.
Speaker 4: That is true, That is true. However, suddenly I remembered I was looking at all the salad and all the salmon I was meant to cook yesterday evening. Suddenly, in the back of mine, I remembered our two or three weeks ago on Mount Rushmore, which we've got a brand new one off coming up in the next half an hour. We would talk about pizza toppings. Two separate listeners recommended a place that's about fifteen minute drive for me, and in that moment, I wasn't strong enough to ignore that voice saying, get in the car, go on a pizza pilgrimage. Close the door on this salad right now. So I did. I went for a fifteen minute drive and I went to this pizza place called Pizza Me, Pizza Me Clever.
Speaker 5: Huh Eather's good.
Speaker 4: Oh my word, it was amazing. Went to get it from. It was in Black Crocke It's called Pieza of Me in Black right. So I drove down there and the guy while I was waiting for it, the guy recognized being. I said, oh, you know, some listeners have actually sent me here on this pizza pilgrimage, and he chucked in a complimentary chocolate moose. Thank you very much, Tas the guy who was kind enough to do that was is a very nice little tony soprano. Puck.
Speaker 5: What a pizza and a chocolate mood? Combo king?
Speaker 3: What did you have?
Speaker 4: What? Pizza meat Lover's Supreme with extra barbecue sauce? Sometimelicious?
Speaker 3: What made it so good? Was it the sauce?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the sauce, the products and the way it was put together and that thing that we can't quantify us mere humans, pizza magic. So I went down yesterday evening. It's a beautiful evening, right just about sort of five o'clock, so the sun hadn't said yet. I went and sat on the beach just opposite his place there black Croc. I went sat on the beach on a wall and stuffed this pizza into my face, then had the chocolate moose as well.
Speaker 5: This totally fine, you're living your serious bits.
Speaker 4: Suddenly saw the chocolate moose, I was like, delicious, I don't have any cut I I think I've been living with the cat too this week. I use my hand like a makeshift ball. Are you still in public in this it's not a good look. And I did see there were people sort of walking past looking at a guy and looked like he was near the edge of sudden thing having a break.
Speaker 5: Strange man looked like the guy in the race, the English guy.
Speaker 4: You know, he goes some being on a poster to just smearing out of his hand. I use I was using it like a por you know, like this, looking around like this. I couldn't wait fifteen minutes to have that chocolate moose. Anyway, someone that I left two pizza slices, so I thought, oh, I'll have that tomorrow afternoon. But this morning I'm afraid to say that I ate those two pizza slices.
Speaker 3: How good is cold pizza?
Speaker 4: It's great? But then I felt that shame, that deep Shame's.
Speaker 5: Pizza for a breakfast. Then there's pizza at four thirty am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, he's just making the shame works. Don't pizza shame me too.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Shane Crawford is in at seven o'clock to talk. Wait, it's just to talk, he might He's meant to be talk about footie. But with craw whatever matchic comes out of the man's mouth. But he is here to talk that we can say. That's all we know. So yeah, cross hit at seven. He has got some new A four notebook. I noticed that he came in with last week and actually made the most sense, so.
Speaker 5: I had a look at it. You know what he does, He just writes down all the matchups, like he essentially writes down what the fixture is going to be this weekend. What he could just print that off. We could print it off for him and haven't ready for he.
Speaker 4: Had like some areas to talk about.
Speaker 5: And versus Melbourne, Geelong versus.
Speaker 4: Just to remind him of footy, just to remind him as he drawn like the show in as well, just so just how to focus.
Speaker 5: It's like Geelong and then he's got a picture of a cat next to it.
Speaker 3: He's many things, many things.
Speaker 4: What game was it? We got him on and we were like, really, everyone's really looking forward to this game, and I went, hey, what do you think the radio went? Who cares?
Speaker 5: The big state of origin man? The first state of origin in twenty years ye speaks for Hey, yesterday on the show, you were mentioning all the things in your house that your dad wouldn't let you touch like the stereo system, the homebrew and you said you weren't allowed to touch the lawnmower. Oh yeah, do you remember? This is what I want to come have in my neighborhood again, the neighborhood kid who would go door to door and offer to mow your lawn for ten bucks. I remember the kid in our neighborhood when we were kids. He'd put the flyer in. He had a little paper flyer and put it in everyone's letter box and go, hey, I'm coming around on Saturday if you want your lawn mode. He was responding to that twenty bus.
Speaker 4: And it also like if there was like an elderly burstl street, it we eat their gardens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go through the gardens. Yeah, what happened to that kid? Because I would I would pay a premium now to get.
Speaker 4: My say that You would be that kid a little bit of sidecash on a Saturday afternoon. Just go off the radio. You have to see Sam Pang going up and down with is moa, you know, like Jim's Moa, Pang's mos.
Speaker 2: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast, Christian O'Connell Show on Gold it's over. This week's Mount Rushmore. Of the Mount Rushmore we debate once a week four there are only four places up there on the Mount Rushmore. Last week we were talking about the very best worst songs in the world once more. This week we head straight into the big talking points of the week. What are the best smells in life? What are the best smells? What are the four best smells in life? Those smells that actually have so much meaning and history to them, they make you instantly happy within nanoseconds of just taking them in, Patsy, what would it be for you? Best smell in the world?
Speaker 3: Number one is my little girls here. I love to shove my nose in her curls and just taking her scent, beautiful smell. And number two would have to be I'm gonna have two this week would have to be.
Speaker 4: All right, So there's only two slots left. Perhaps he's taking to them.
Speaker 3: Well, you can pick which one you like.
Speaker 4: Oh thanks.
Speaker 3: When I met the Love God. The night I met the Love God, he was wearing brute deodorant. He was a bit partial to.
Speaker 4: The old Bruce and this was last year.
Speaker 3: No no, So every time I smell that, and especially if he wears that.
Speaker 4: That is man. It gets me going old school, isn't it? Brute?
Speaker 3: Too much information? It does something to my hormones, and it takes me back to like twenty seven years ago when we met in that crowded nightclub across the room and exchanged glances and I thought wow, And then he came over and.
Speaker 4: You probably smell with him before you saw him, because that stuff is strong, that old school after shape, old spice, brute. That they remind me my dad, those smells. But for you, it's the pheromone. It's crisis sends me wild.
Speaker 3: You know, Elvis wool Brute.
Speaker 4: King did not wear brutes. Bend you ave, No, It's true. There's no way. There's no way the great King would have worn brute. He did, you could have had any kind of after shape.
Speaker 3: And DJ Fontana told me that guy from his band. I interviewed him. I said, what did Elvers smell like? And he said, brute? He's he wore brute.
Speaker 5: There's so much in this, the fact that that was one of your questions for the drummer of Elvis's.
Speaker 4: Question, all right, Jack, what's your favorite smell?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 5: I love the smell you have a walk past the subway and that waft of like them baking the bread comes out of the door, freshly baked bread anywhere they're baking bread. And Bianca has just got that home bread baking kit. I don't know if you guys you've done, haven't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the yeast is it. It's like a culture you grow.
Speaker 5: She brought it home like a week ago, and she's like, we're going to bake bread. We're still waiting for the yeast to, you know, mature into whatever it has to be before she can.
Speaker 4: One of the oldest cooking sort of processes in the world. But I think you have to keep moving it a bit or get a little bit of air to it. It's like a cheese comes from a mold as well, so does bread.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a living thing she's got. She's like, this is the bread starter. Eventually we'll eat bread from this.
Speaker 4: But still it's easy to go down coals and actually buy some ready made bread because rather than making it like that the old fashioned way, but it freshly baits bread. What is the smell? How would you describe freshly baits bread? What is it?
Speaker 5: What is it like that oven that you can smell the heat almost.
Speaker 4: But there's something else, isn't that I'm struggling to hold You describe the smell of bread to somebody. For me, it's some I've got some sound effects. Say, by the way, I asked the producers to make sure we get some sound effects of what people might go for. But some of these don't sound like they should do. What do you think that is the sound effect of It's a spring class? Yeah, why would we need the smell of a sprink club the water? But who is going to be who the imagine is going to be cooling up out of all the smells to say, Oh yeah, Gardland, spring club, Oh sprinkley, Say hang on a.
Speaker 3: Minute, summer and the mother are going in stuff.
Speaker 4: See that doesn't irritate me. That noise, it's like was at neighbors starts lawnmow on a Sunday afternoon. Sounds like an ancient Second World spitfire going by as well. This is my one bacon, the smell of frying bacon. You wake up in the morning and someone's making your bacon so much that that smell onions smell All right, then, what do you think are the best smells in the World nine four one, one oh four three. I'm off to google did Elvis wear brutes?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show, Mount Rushmore. This week we're talking about the very best smell. So if we could pick only four smells to have on this week's Mount Rushmore, what has to go up there? Just some admin Patsy threw out that she knew as a fact that Elvis swore brutes.
Speaker 3: Patsy, yes, it's true.
Speaker 4: He wore brute. All over my Google searchers. Elvis wore creet high karate. I remember high karate in the eighties. He wore old spice. I just to love this someone of old spices, as we have dad and brute. And according to a close personal friend, he said that Elvis did not wear Creed. Creed's like a very expensive after chaffer man. But according to Creed, Elvis was in fact a client. Yeah you would say that, yeah, so yeah, Patsy. But as someone's put on here on text, apparently Elvis went to school with Nick Cave and George Funny text man. George Christian for me, coconut suntan lotion that is overpowering The smell of that stuff is too sweet. That's from Matt the Garbo. Good morning, Matt. Pine trees after a rainy day. You're right, and and they better after the rain and unlocks or does something that dampens it or something. Please tell Jack, I feel like vomiting every time I walk past the subway. That smell is too much. That's from Kim. The idea today isn't to have a go at each other's favorite smells, by the way, Kim plain nice, Kim plain nice. What's your favorite smell? Jan now goome morning? Hey, hey you guy, Good morning Janelle. Thanks cool on the show. What's your favorite smell?
Speaker 6: It's gonna be the Aussie barbie with the chops, the snakes, the youngons, oh my god, just celebrating.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a beer and.
Speaker 4: Bourbon bit and yet because sometimes the beer is enough, is it? Bit? And the bourbon hands left to flip the burgers.
Speaker 3: Just flap paints.
Speaker 5: I admire Christian your dedication to the winter barbecue.
Speaker 4: One the other day. Yeah, I did the meat outside, did all the cooking state the other night, and I made a sad that we ate indoors, obviously, but it was actually drizzling with rain out. There was a dad alone out there cooking for the family, and I used to Barbie, you know why, there's less smell. It's all out there and it's easy to clean up as well. All right, Janelle, thank you very much. It's gonna Luke. Good morning, Luke, morning god. How yeah, we're good, Luke. I'll be having a good week. What's your favorite smell?
Speaker 8: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Great? Driving past caravan gowns and selling the freshly cool pot donuts hot.
Speaker 4: It's hard to describe these smells, isn't it. There there was to find words. This is like the sensation, you know what the immediately what the smell is of warm doughnut.
Speaker 5: It's a hot jam donut van. It's always out of a van as well. It's never a hot a fan.
Speaker 4: I'm not the greatness of a donut, you know. All right, buddy, thank you very much. Recording in Luke. Alright, thank you, Jordan, good morning. We're good Jordan. And what's your favorite smell?
Speaker 1: Hot?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Hot rhine or a hot concrete in summer? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can I chuck another one like that? How are you with the smell of tarmac? I love the smell of tarmac. If I find that if I see a road that's been tarmac, so I'll go on a detour, maybe do a couple of laps around that. The window gets wound down. I've got a dog with a head out of the window. Bring in that hot Tara or whatever it is, the tarmat. I love that.
Speaker 5: I can't maybe on that one. I don't know that.
Speaker 4: I love that stuff. Yeah, Jordan, that's a great one. Thank you very much, buddy.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is that? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 4: Get a little bit motion car?
Speaker 5: You hijacked his smell?
Speaker 4: That's let's go to Osmond.
Speaker 8: Hi, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 4: Good morning Osmond. What's your favorite smell? Ah?
Speaker 8: My favorite smell is the smell of food. It's a kind of oil that comes from a wood.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful smell. I've got two after shows that have ood. It's like an ancient Arabic smell. It's quite dark and musty, but beautiful, very strong.
Speaker 8: Very strong, very extensive. Unfortunately in its pure form, but I love it. And I have a lot of food based perfumed and I get sandy without it.
Speaker 4: Basically, do you you don't use every day?
Speaker 8: Though I don't use it every day. The good one, the most extensive one. I keep it for special occasions perfumed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sorry, what are those special occasions there, we ask Osmond.
Speaker 8: Okay. Basically the two waves that we celebrate for SMUs links, you know, at the end of Ramaghan and in the hatchment and on Fridays as well, So we used that already or anything special. Basically I used them for such occasions.
Speaker 4: Brilliant. All right, alsman, thank you very much. You killed me.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Man, musk you smell that you can smell man, pheromone, leather, mahogany teak. Shane Crawford is here and the pheromones right now will be coming through your speakers. You could get pregnant by getting too close to the speakers right now, dear, just roll with it. So one of the players you were tipping for this weekend.
Speaker 9: Filling in for one of thes the forward.
Speaker 5: Heycroft, tell me this. Last night on the front bar they had Paul vander Haron and he was saying that when he first played for Essendon in the late seventies early eighties, they offered him three hundred dollars a game, and then his local club Ringwood matched that. So he said to us, and I want the three hundred dollars a game, and I want a motorbike, which reminded me of a story that my dad had when he first finished junior for someone. A guy coach from a small town Corumbra came in, sat at my nan and PA's dinner table with my dad and said, we'll give you a cow to come out and play regional footy with us. Did you ever get offered a non monetary incentive or a cow?
Speaker 9: I never got a cow or a sheep. But you hear of all these stories, but no. When I when I first was drafted to Hawthorne, I thought, O, la luyah, how good is this? And then I was from New South Wales, so I actually had my license ahead of all my mates from school.
Speaker 4: So I was able to.
Speaker 5: Get a full license at seventeen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I just didn't have a car, So I said a cow so a horse?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 9: So I said to Hawthorne, I don't have a car obviously moving down to Melbourne, can you help me out? So I rocked up to training. This is true. And when I grew up, when I was growing up in Finley with Mum, we used to drive around in the worst Valiant and then we then we upgraded to a Holden Sunbird, which was just a disaster. So we had terrible cars. Virtually the first corner we get to on the way to school every day we get to conk out corner because we would conk outs, and then the car was so bad that I would always ask Mum, please don't drop me out in the front of the school the girls.
Speaker 4: It's just not working at the moment.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's where you got your early strength from his pushing the car the rest of the way.
Speaker 9: I think that's why I had strong, little stubby legs. But so I said to all that I don't have a car, and they said, I don't I will take care of that. So I rocked up to training and they said, oh, by the way, here's your key. So I walked outside into the car park and there was his car, shiny, beautiful, brand new holding Kmeira white. It was secondhand, but to me it was amazing. I sat inside.
Speaker 4: That's what they did with like Michael Jordan when they get the draft picks, so don't get them a second hand car.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I got the second hand car, and I thought this is incredible. And then I remember driving back to Finley, you know, and it sounded like a lawn one. But it did the job and I was pretty proud of it. And then I got to the end of the year, my very first year at Hawthorne, and I thought Hawthorne had given me this car. But I got my payment and they took the car payments out of a match payment. So I ended up with about two hundred bucks for the year and I could even go on the foota trip.
Speaker 4: Is that right? Oh? Here?
Speaker 9: I was thinking, how good for the car. They're giving me this amazing car tie they really look after their players. Tourmit Breton, it's rocking up in his Lamborghini and he's Harley Davison. I'm thinking, oh, I've got a whole Camira or whatever it was. And then they took the payment out, which is about five grand, and I was ended. I ended up with about two hundred bucks, so I said, sorry, guys, it's not enough to go on the footage trip.
Speaker 4: I have to wait until next year. Could you generally not go on your first footage trip? I had no money heartbreak.
Speaker 9: It was it was very hard brick No, I'm sure I would have found a way. I think we did it some fundraising back then, so we had lots of fundraising ideas to we ask the supporters to help.
Speaker 2: Us to go on a footag.
Speaker 4: That's what the.
Speaker 5: Members dollars going to.
Speaker 4: The rookie definitely come back with Shane Crawford after.
Speaker 2: This Christian O'Connell show podcast that.
Speaker 4: With Shane Crawford. Who it isn't that cold to be rocking a jacket like that? Seriously? Come on, I turned the air on off for you a German U boat or something.
Speaker 9: In here, and I said, why is it so cold in here? And you said, I concentrate better, and poor Jackson, what's going on? You don't consider your teammates around you. That's why you call it the Christian o'connells.
Speaker 4: Well done there, you're learning it focuses the mind. But it is not that cold that you need that great big jacket on. I do. I love it. He's in a dugout, a game in Russia or something.
Speaker 9: I'd rather be warm than cold, So if I heat up, I can always rip it off.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, we'll get ready for any of those exciting moments. All right, let's talk about the Bombers. Then everyone's been talking about the bombers this week? Has he? Has he not? Kind of got a coronavirus? What's your taking all positive nigga negative positives? What's going on there? Hasn't?
Speaker 9: It just turned the AFL world upside down and scared everyone pretty much. I feel for Reescident because they were on a bit of a role. They had turn a row, so they're undefeated for the season, and then all of a sudden, you know, everything's been thrown into turm or they haven't been able to train, So how does that affect this week coming up against them?
Speaker 4: So they can't even all sort of kicked away for a few days.
Speaker 9: So yeah, so I suppose they had a few days off, but they're not allowed to do anything. So the player has been locked away and just going, oh, what are we doing now?
Speaker 4: What's going to happen?
Speaker 5: So how much of a difference would that make to a team who's training all week in preparation for the game, to a team that only has half.
Speaker 9: Well that I think it will make a big difference because we've just got the season back going and you want some real consistency from week to week. You do like a break at some stage, but not after playing one game or two games, and so I feel, you know, sorry from that point of view, But look, they'll find a way to be super competitive. They're coming up against the Blues, which you know they're going to go for two in a row, which hasn't happened for a long time. So you know they've definitely got a chance. But an unusual preparation, but then again it's an unusual year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And what is this about your comments that you think it's okay? You think it's okay the former Brown no play yourself to take the Grand Final. The home of the Grand Final is the MCG and ship it out to Perth or Sydney. Well you get off.
Speaker 9: I don't think Victoria deserves a Grand Final. Like, seriously, we've got this coronavirus. We can't get rid of it. All the other states are out shining Perth.
Speaker 4: You out with Sam Newman too much?
Speaker 10: Sound like no, please please, But when you think about it, like we might not be able to have crowds and if we do get to that stage, it might be twenty thousand to the MCG and they're going to be full.
Speaker 9: Of corporates behind glass Windows, So why not, you know, go over and play the Grand Final at Opta Stadium in Perth, you know where they can have sixty thousand or even South Australia where Adelaide Oval can get up around fifty thousand. So for surely why not too something a bit different. I love the MCG, it's it is, yeah, and we have the Grand Final parade, you know, Grand Final week. But do you know what if ever there's an opportunity to do it elsewhere, just this once with a crowd, and when you think about it, Adelaide will put Adelaide a good chance When you think about it, Adelaide, no Freeman, I'll have won a game. West Coast need to get a bit on a bit of a roll. But imagine having like a Collingwood Essendon.
Speaker 5: Grand Final in Perth.
Speaker 9: In Perth, it would go off.
Speaker 2: It would be incredible.
Speaker 4: And at the moment, when do you think if it can happen at the MCG, which you should do, when do you think that's going to be late October?
Speaker 9: When in the year, I think the end of November, that's my guess. I think it is you don't want to be Christmas, You don't want to be too close to Christmas, but you want to try and end the AFL season in November at some stage. So the AFL got so much work in front of them and so so much planning, sort of the what ifs. And this week with a coronavirus outbreaking.
Speaker 4: For the Essendon, so against the Das, there's still no.
Speaker 9: D Both teams four points and just move on and not worry about that game. Both have a win.
Speaker 4: That's why you don't work for the AFL.
Speaker 9: Hey, do you know what the AFL like? Do you know what's happened with this week with a coronavirus and the Essendon situation. It's scared every club because you think about safe colling would continue on a roll or point Adelaide don't lose a game and they get towards the finals and then they have one or two being infected all of a sudden, that's pretty much season over. So you can virtually have you know, a lot of players being quarantined. You need twenty two players to field a team, and the AFL is saying, as long as you've got twenty two on your list, and you've got to remember probably thirty percent of your list that are ready to play AFL football.
Speaker 4: So all of a sudden, these young kids.
Speaker 9: Are playing in a Grand final, going you beauty, it could be incredible. Buddy Franklin's got coronavirus. He's been locked down with some of the other forwards. I'm playing for fall for the Swans this week. So that's that's the situation we're facing and it's pretty scary. So look, this is just an unusual year. I think just go with the flow and do things a bit differently. Like when I think of Victorian, I think of, you know, Melbourne, and you know, Victoria is a great state and Melbourne's a great place. But why did you want to come and live in Melbourne? Like when you could choose all the other places around Australia.
Speaker 5: To Perth as well?
Speaker 4: What you're doing, man, I'm.
Speaker 9: Just asking the questions, why did you choose?
Speaker 4: What I've seen on his Instagram feed doing a lot of promotional work for w Way and Perth is you He's been in a helicopter come to Perth. Can I just say with money, I'd move.
Speaker 9: To Sydney first. But why did you choose Melbourne?
Speaker 4: Because it's a great city and it's the people. Is it really that is it?
Speaker 5: You know we're broadcasting in Melbourne right now? Are anti?
Speaker 4: I just want, I just want. I think you've got that city jacket of yours. You've actually lost your mind. I think you've got the roan of I.
Speaker 9: Do a travel show talking about how wonderful Victory is, and there's a lot of great parts, but really is it.
Speaker 4: Melbourne is a great city. It's got hot here, they've got soul here. The people here are real and they're friendly, more friendly than city's got lots of.
Speaker 9: And every second person's got coronavirusmore.
Speaker 4: I think we all reach what's happened to you? Well, every third at the moment second? Why do we want to live here? Any right? That's it over, Get out.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast right now.
Speaker 4: Today's twenty minutes we offer up thanks to the first responders. Today is the day to be thankful for the amazing what the first responders do every day, but today we actually want to do something to thank them. And John the next twenty minutes we've got something pretty cool to do. We asked you yesterday if you could tell us about someone who think deserves a treat and thank you. We've got a three thousand dollars. We've got two of these three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: E and S.
Speaker 4: Voulcher, which Rob has given us from in US, which is amazing. So we're going to give those the people that you've told us about. Michael was one of the people that came forward yesterday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Michael, Hi Christian, how are you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm good. So listen, tell us about the first responder that deserves a really really big thank you. And I think this is actually Jess, your wife, Is that right?
Speaker 11: That's right, Yeah, it's my wife, Jess. She's a neonatal intensive care unit nurse at the Royal Women's Hospital, so she works in the NICOI department taking care of really really little babies that were born to really so premature babies that you know, sometimes they come out of like, you know, twenty six weeks, so really really tiny, and obviously, just you know, throughout this whole coronavirus pandemic, it's just been just that little bit more extra stressful than what it typically is.
Speaker 1: You know, these parents.
Speaker 11: Obviously they're already stressed, doubt because they've got really sick babies, but then it's just that extra emotional support that they have to give, you know, because only one parent can see the baby at a time. And she was telling me a story last week about this couple who had a baby that was born too early. The mum gave birtha like I think it was twenty six weeks or something, and the father couldn't even see the baby because he was overseas and had to isolate for two weeks. So here's this mum in hospital with nobody to lean on except basically the nurses. So yeah, it's so it can be, yeah, pretty emotionally draining. So you know, she comes home and she unblinds and talks and talks to Merby and you know, you can just tell it's just it's taking its toll. And then apart from that, you know, just logistically, like you know, the nurses are having to take shifts out bide the hospital, taking peoples temperatures that come in, and obviously not everyone's super nice about it. So yeah, most parents are fantastic within you know, some people out there looking, Yeah, they can get a little bit mean, a bit nasty, and yeah, it's just dealing with this. It's sort of situations. So yeah, I mean, nurses deserve so much more credit what they get at the moment, and not just nurses there, they're like, you know, childcare workers and stuff, so they're all don't look great job during this whole thing.
Speaker 4: Well, look, this is amazing. Your wife, Jess is who we need to be hearing about and celebrating today and elevating. And she's on the line now, Jess, good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi, how you going lies.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry we crashed into your day study. Your husband's on the radio. He's telling us about the amazing what you're doing. You're like, what is going on?
Speaker 7: I'm hiding out in the equipment room.
Speaker 4: So are you? You're at the hospital now? They're all women's hospital.
Speaker 7: I am, but my babies are being looked after.
Speaker 4: It's okay, right. I just want to say thank you. You know, today's about thanking people like you for responders that we don't appreciate, just how it's a tough job in any normal time, but right now, you know, the wake of the last couple of months with COVID, we I don't think we really fully understand what you guys are going through and how harder you're having to work day and day out. So thank you very much, Jess, to you any colleagues as well.
Speaker 7: Oh, we're so lucky with where we work. It's such a beautiful area and most of the time everyone's just so lovely, So I feel very, very lucky.
Speaker 11: Actually, well, I.
Speaker 4: Tell you your miracle workers, because literally, you know, you know, baby being born is a miracle, but when those poor little babies come out for various circumstances that early into the world, you know, it's really touch and go and it must be terrifying for the parents. And to have people like you there who are their angels to sort of guide them through it is a really rare and it's a special type of person that can do that job. So Jess, you're amazed at what you and your colleagues do.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Now, the good news is that we have a three thousand dollars voucher for E and S. I understand that you've been nagging Michael to get a new dryer.
Speaker 7: Is now got no excuses I really need.
Speaker 4: It comes down to sometimes in life, if that can just make your life a little bit easier, just a couple of percent, then that's a great thing to know. So yeah, we've got your three thousand dollars Ian s voucher just as a very very small thank you, and that's not just us on the show, but everyone listening right now. Honestly, it's just it's incredible the work you do and we don't appreciate it every day, but today we say thank.
Speaker 7: You, no, thank you.
Speaker 5: I have just overwhelmed.
Speaker 4: We're also gonna check in one of our very limited range breakfast show fridge magnets as well. Yeah, you can put that on the new dry if you want. Okay, it's up to you, guys what you do with it as well. All right, listen, I let you go back to work. You've got important work to do there, okay, But yes, Jess, you're a star. Thank you so much everything you do, and thank you colleagues as well. All right, guys, Michael, thank you very much for being a support to Jess as well and letting us know about the amazing what your wife does.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, Dad s O S, Dad s O S. Can you make like a siren sound? Okay? That I do for right now, I've got a Dad SOS situation. Okay, family away this week they've all gone up to Fools Creek and my dad home alone this week. Liz and I to keep playing it down. My wife go, it's too quiet. God, it's too quiet.
Speaker 5: I miss you, guys.
Speaker 4: Is not the same when it's just so quiet where.
Speaker 5: You've come in here with like double the energy actually down here.
Speaker 4: When you clock a car and you take a few k off it, it's reversed the aging process on me. I I look younger anyway. So we'll tell you what's love is. When I get in the house, no one jumps on me, or I haven't got to deal with stuff. I get in the house, I can sit down and it's just me and the cat. You know, it's just me and the cat. Anyway. Yesterday I noticed though, I went up to check on my daughter's bedrooms, and they kindly all the lights on. It literally looks like they've actually run away. They say Falls Creek. For all I know, they could have just finally fled. Anyway, it looks like they just fled in the middle of the night. The beds aren't made. Despite me saying just make your best, wead go internal lights of lights off. There's glass of water grown mold in them. Then I go into a horror that the crime scene that is their shared bathroom, right, and there's just like stuff everywhere. There's bras nickers in drawers. It's like being burgled. Then I saw why I've got a dad sos to help these guys out right. I saw the sink. The sink has got hair dye all over, Patsy permanent hair dye. It's staying the sink and it's a porcelain sink. And I know that when my wife comes back tomorrow she sees that that is it. Their lives are going to be hell. Therefore my life will be hell as well. And so here's why I need your help. Here's why it's a dad sos. Is there anything you can do to get hair dyed? I don't know what is that peroxide? Or yeah, how do you get that out of a sink? Or is there no way of getting it out now after a couple of days, because I'd love to it again, it out before my wife comes back tomorrow, to make my life easier and their life a lot easier. So there's anyone who's got other thing just putting a new installing a new sink this week. Imagine comet. I've just got a cheap stainless steel one something different. But no, that's always been there. It's always been that's Steely. We call him Steely Face. If anyone's got any tips, please for a Dad sos, How the hell do you get permanent hair dye out of a sink?
Speaker 2: One Christian'cone Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Dad sos during lockdown? Maybe your teenage daughters have done this. My daughters have dyed their hair repeatedly and whatever to get you through lockdown. Okay, thirteen year old has actually done it six times now, Wow, she entered lockdown blonde. She's her hair is darker than mine, which is actually pretty easy because they're geting gray and gray. But she's now jet black. Actually, it's like some sort of teenage witch. To be honest, it's so you know, it's Ravens.
Speaker 5: Every teenager goes through that stage where they want black hair. I did it too, Yeah, it just didn't work with curly hair. Black hair just does not look right.
Speaker 4: I pay namely Bryce for you to go Raven Just go to jet black hair. I'd love to see it. It would look so wrong. But keep the facial hair and all that as your normal color. What an amazing two tone look that would be. And then now the eldest one dyed hers a kind of it was something red, some kind of reddish auburn color. Yeah, they both look great, But the thing is they've stained the sink with permanent hair dye. They're away, they come back tomorrow night. I need to get that stain off otherwise my wife is going to go ballistic everything in the house. My wife is constantly saying this, what happens if we try to resell this place. We've only been in there a year. Anything that gets broken and think, oh, this is going to help it. If we ever have to resell the bus. She sees those stained sinks, it will ruin my weekend. I've got to mes tomorrow night we start a nice little two week break. I don't want to hear the sound of her screaming tom ourn Guys, get up there right now.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this?
Speaker 4: Did you know about this? I want there to be nothing? So how can I get it out? Dad? So west be anchor?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 4: How are you I'm going to be anchored?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: How can I get the hair dye out the sink?
Speaker 12: A wonderful product called gumption.
Speaker 4: No, I've seen this on the shelves. What is gumption.
Speaker 12: It's a multi purpose cleaner and it absolutely gets everything.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 12: I had to use it the other day. I do like my hair purple. Hey, I'm fifty one. I'm aware to go different colors.
Speaker 4: We're all teenagers deep down inside, aren't we.
Speaker 12: We are with a big gumption and a toothbrush, not a problem, All gone. Yeah, And I live in a rental property, so I have to do it quite often.
Speaker 4: Yep, Gumption awesome. You're a life saver. But thank you very much. I'll be anchor I get some today.
Speaker 1: We're welcome and good.
Speaker 13: Morning, Good morning Christian. Now I've got a cheaper version. It's a Coca cola and buy carb of soda and make it into a paste and rub it on, let it dry, and then rub it off. It'll come out.
Speaker 4: I mean, what is it? What can't you do with coca cola? To write a book about a thousand uses do with coca cola other than drink it your teeth? I mean, really, that will get permanent hair dye out.
Speaker 13: And it'll get the ring out of your toilet ring.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, steady on, I mean, there's so much clean bring the toilet. If you see my toilets very clean one. How dare you saying I've got a dirty pan? Thank you? I think you have a good day.
Speaker 8: Rory.
Speaker 4: You're wanting Rory.
Speaker 6: Morning, Christian. I've got a best solution for you is your spam.
Speaker 13: It's prey like half a.
Speaker 6: Bottle on leave about five ten minutes, prinse it off easy. Some of the kids can do themselves. Even what's it called easy off.
Speaker 4: Dam, easy off bam, and you reckon? That's going to better than gumption?
Speaker 6: Yep. The orange sprayer one. It's the bathroom stops.
Speaker 4: Guns serous.
Speaker 6: Because there's a kitchen won, a bathroom one and the bleach one. It's the bathroom one. I've been dying my hair blacks or fifteen. I've done red, I've done purple, I've done a lot, and I've gotten bonds back in three rental properties and it's taken me five minutes to clean them.
Speaker 4: Do you know I pay you good money to come around it for me? Honestly, this is incredible good money.
Speaker 9: You say.
Speaker 4: So, it's called bam, easy off, easy off bam. Yep, And I just worse Carls I'll find it then the cleaning section. Yep, awesome, you're a lifesaver. Thank you very much, Rory, that's okay, all right. Do you know what I've done this morning? All three calls, all ladies who in the area of hair dyeing.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today is First respond To day and we are saying thank you till the amazing work you first responders to yesterday. We asked you to tell us about someone who deserves the thank you from us and also the gift of a three thousand dollar Ian S voucher. Already, we've heard about Jess, who we called about an hour ago, who was a neonatal intensive care as looking after tiny premature babies, nominated by her husband Michael, so we spoke to her. Now we're going to hear about somebody else who deserves thank you today on First respond Today, it's got a husband. First of all, Simon, good morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning, Christian. How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good buddy, So tell us about your wife, Nicky.
Speaker 1: Well, my wife NICKI very proud of it. She works on a mind sight early in Coinslain back Coinslain. She travels from Melbourne every three weeks to there and stay there there for three weeks, looking after about five hundred mining workers here. It's a big, big sighte she works on. And as well as that, you have a lot of pastoral land out their farming land and the people out there bring their children in when they know something and that sort of stuff. And yeah, that's what she pretty much does for us three weeks.
Speaker 4: And so when they're out there, normally they're not on call twenty four to seven. It's not like a really big backup team.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly right. Yeah, yes, she's one called twenty four to seven. And yeah, so she works to our belle today, goes home or goes back to her room, has dinner and then has the phone on and yeah, has to wait for a Philly patience at all. So yeah, it's been a long day for us.
Speaker 4: Let's get Nikki on now. Nikki, Hello.
Speaker 7: Morning, Christian. How are you here?
Speaker 4: We haven't woken you up, have we?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: No, I'm just a bit surprised.
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, oh, well, it's amazing today's first responder day. And was it just just a chance for us to say thank you, Nikki to people like you that do all this amazing work and being on call twenty four to seven. You don't get your proper rest time because at any moment, I guess your phone could go for one two in the morning, and you've got to get up and go and treat whatever it's been presented.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's right. Craft three camps on a gas pipeline project that sort of spans across three four hundred twenty kilometers. Yeah, so I need to go across to one of the other camps, which is about forty kilometers away. I'm in my Toyota full drive amblance and off I go.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that. I mean, I mean, so you you you you're doing all kinds of house and you've got to drive yourself there through darkness or whatever's going on.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some if it's really serious, sol grab someone to give me a hand. I've got people that I can call on back up. But really, the only way we can get guided in and out that a sea coringured is by is by chopper. So you've got to be on your on your A game all the time.
Speaker 4: Incredible. There needs to be a documentary about you. Seriously, Nicky. I'd watched that. Sounds amazing what you're doing. There, you got there, You got there for three weeks stints and then you come back into Melbourne. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I work at moment three weeks for three weeks, just because all the coronavirus limitations and things. So I fly out the night before my flight up here to Roma. So I spend a night in Brisbane in a hotel and then the fly to Roma the following day and then then drive out to fight. I changed over with my back to back in at the airport and his fly home for his break. So I managed a full clinic that's fucking in the emergency department and basically look after the blokes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're dealing with everything and anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, anything from cost holes and store holders.
Speaker 13: We call it.
Speaker 7: Made for injuries major medical emergency, chest pain, abdominal pain, all sorts of things. And we've we've got a really good Yeah, we've got a really good backups in the Queensland Ambulances and Life Flight as well. So it's good but great challenge.
Speaker 4: I love it. Yeah, I was about to say that was going to be my next question was do you enjoy it because you must do, must do that real excitement of not knowing what day to day is going to be happening.
Speaker 7: No, No, it's you know, you never know what you're going to get. One minute, I can really sitting here talking to you, and the next minute the phone rings and I've got someone out of sight with a chest pain, or someone coming in who's injured themselves. So you just you just never know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like this job. Actually that is like the other day we were doing a link. The next five minutes that we're speaking to someone who's got Susi Quatro autograph tattooed on a left breast. We don't know. We all heard that in a pipeline in Queensland. The world heard that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: I thought that was very amazing. I'm happy one every morning. Christ thank you.
Speaker 4: I think it's amazing what you're doing. So listen, thank you, Nikki. Honestly, from all of us on the show and everyone listening right now, the amazing work you first responders to is actually hum it's all inspiring and it just reminds us. And it's been a tough couple of weeks around the world with some really horrible news, but it just reminds us of the greatness that is out there, and it's lovely to be reminded of it today by your husband, Simon. I can hear the proudness of his voice as well.
Speaker 7: Definitely there you've enjoying the he enjoys the peace, and quite well, I'm away but I'll leave him at the list jobs to get down.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, Nicky, we're giving you a three thousand dollars E and S voucher, and you're also going to get both of you each going to get a fridge magnet from the show as well.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's no big fantastic you'll go towards the wine for when.
Speaker 11: I get home.
Speaker 4: I bet yeah. I was about to ask, how do you wind? It's more unwine. That's why I've got it. Well done. All right, if you're stuck on the pipeline, I'll give you a fridge made it's stuck on the pipeline for it. You'll love it, all right, Nikki, awesome to talk to you. Okay, great, thanks a lot, Christian, thank you very much. Thanks Simon, look after all right, and thank you very much if you're a first responder as well. The thanks that we're giving Nikky and we didn't now go to Jess as well. As yours to take as well.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcasts.
Speaker 5: All, okay, it's a bit loud.
Speaker 3: My microphone's allowed.
Speaker 4: I think craw has them up quite loud. Yeah, it doesn't understand that there's a volume button. All right, then today's that? What time waste? Style? What more of you gets the two hundred dollars eBay voucher? It is International Smell Day today. It's not why we chose to never correct me in on it. It is what day is it today?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 5: It is congratulations everybody. It's International Smell Day?
Speaker 4: That's it. Do you know that ladies have a better sense of smell than men? Believes? Yes, you have a more developed pre funtal cortex.
Speaker 3: I'm like a fox from when I was pregnant. I could smell the next door day smoking in their house. I'm not kidding it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it was coming over fence. That's not like.
Speaker 5: Smell cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, okay, hello, Avengers on the line. They want to sign up your character their their world. It's my superpower. Gosh, how do you smell the very strong smell of nicotine coming over a fence? Anyway? She walks amongst us we're grateful to have her, all right, So today it's smelly songs. Can I just say this to you? I'm listening all right, and to you listening as well. Please, we're asking for smelly songs. What I don't want is to be confronting. That is the word here, confronted with a load of far too many fart ones. Use them wisely. One or two is okay, it's a it's a weapon. Use it wisely. Okay, understood. You're allowed one in your batch here. Okay, I've got only one. Okay, all right, Smelly songs with or without you, Gold, I put a smell on you, Gold. Don't fear the reeka, oh reeks a bit? Okay? Yeah, Morning has broken lovely song? Morning has broken wind?
Speaker 5: Is that your fart?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 5: No, it sounds a bit parting.
Speaker 4: No, broken win is a very polite except way to that sort of thing. A vicar would say, Oh, excuse me, I broken wind, silver, My fart will go on.
Speaker 5: How don't you used it? Well Well done?
Speaker 4: Right jack? What have you got for so many songs on International Smell Day?
Speaker 5: The King of wishful stinking.
Speaker 4: That's very good.
Speaker 5: Gold hard, No, I'm not that's a fart one. I'm not going to use that.
Speaker 4: Well done, thank you for editing.
Speaker 5: Killing me Waftley with his pong.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a double. It's a double like that, all right? Yeah, gold plus And.
Speaker 5: Then to finish, everybody was kung fu farting.
Speaker 4: Now that's gold. That's gold, my friend.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell showcast.
Speaker 4: Today's time way start on International Old Factory Sense Day is smelly songs. You impressed with that talking about smells right? My word, dog muck. As a dog owner, you know that's got a pong to it. Nothing is as bad as cat poop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a there's a neighborhood cat that comes and pass.
Speaker 4: He can smell it from weerriby cats are bad. I'm fine, I don't know. Honestly, that is hell. They open up a portal to hell when they drop a deuce in the houses. Things that tray, I've been left to empty that every day. I start my day feeding that cat with its horrible jellied food and emptying its poop tray. It's a rough way to start a day at show beers, I tell you, all right, then smells so smelly songs smells like team armpits smells like teens armpits. Silver, Justin and Gelong, I want to break wind, just played it Silver, Connie and Ashwood breakfast at sniff and E's gold monkey stench.
Speaker 5: That's a gold Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: Can't get no old factions. The olfactory senses are smells, bronze fill in Chesney Vell. This is on the iHeart app like a bat out of smell Silver, Boulevard of broken Wind, Silver Mumbo number two. Don't know why it made me laugh, but it does. That is very good, David and Sunbury, very very good. Total clips of the far.
Speaker 14: Dere We're into the silver sniff me baby one more time, Silver plus.
Speaker 4: Everybody was no, that's not funny. Who let the farts out? Oh dear. We're now come into the end. I fair, I'm going to cool time very soon. No, the morecoverage it is, it has to be Kimmins killed it East wafted this way, that's more like it waft Silversworth. It's beck In Melton stank over trolled waters.
Speaker 14: Silver plus ake you break you far Silver ever Pong two Foo Fighters smells that teen bedroom silver plus. Let it be, oh, let it be oh Gold that's very good.
Speaker 4: Andy and Berrick, thank you for being a friend. Silver All right, who is getting the two hundreds dollar eBay voucher?
Speaker 5: How do we give it to the ones that made us laugh the hardest?
Speaker 4: Yes, you should always go for two. Yes, that's it. You are today's winner. What a great way to pick up a two hundred dollar eBay voucher eBay plus month now on thirty days of deals, all with free express delivery. A tunne of today's show came from Patsy Elvis war Brute Fact Elvis war Brute, we will see you tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for listening on tomorrow show. Then we'll going to knockoff Friday and also snack Genius. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Christian Christianna Christian
Speaker 2: O'Connell Show podcast