Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the weekend.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Everybody, Good morning, Rio, Happy Friday Morning, Annex Monie, Happy Friday, Patsy Monnie. Now it's the team. Let's get thread into this week's edition of Double thumbs Up. This is where we go around the team. We talk about the shows that we're into, books, TV shows, apps, whatever. You might find your next favorite TV showedule in the next twenty minutes. Patsy, what are you giving a double thumbs up too?
Speaker 5: I did want to pay homage to Diane Keaton, who we sadly lost this week, far too young at seventeen to nine. And I was thinking some of my favorite movies, and there's so many. I watched Father of the Bride last Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we watched it Monday night with the girls. Yeah, but there was.
Speaker 5: One because I said so, which was a two thousand and seven flicking you know, just a romantic, sort of funny story of an overbearing mum with three grown up daughters and trying to get them set for life and essentially and this is something that I'm grappling with right now with Audrey. You have done so with your two girls, that whole thing of letting go as a parent. And so Diane's character she there's this beautiful monologue in one of the scenes where she says, you know, how do I let go and let essentially let you fly, Bertie Fly.
Speaker 6: It's just gorgeous.
Speaker 2: She could do incredible drama like movies, not the Godfather, than the comedies, romantic comedies.
Speaker 1: I've never seen Dane Keen in a bad movie.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think she made any bad movies now incredible ones. If you really are looking for something a movie to watch every weekend, you can't go past any of the light forty odd movies. I think I saw at the other day. She made incredible range. All right, what else, Pats, she gets your daughter? The other thing?
Speaker 5: Last night we watched I Like Me, which is the John Candy documentary.
Speaker 1: I've seen this.
Speaker 5: I Oh my god, is it Joyoush's not a funny funny guy.
Speaker 6: Absolutely and what a talent.
Speaker 5: And it's directed by Colin Hanks, which is Tom.
Speaker 1: Hanks's son gifty comedian himself.
Speaker 5: Yanne Reddold's as well, And it's really got a hues who of Hollywood has not paying homage to John Candy and just how realistic and authentic he was on the screen, and how he brought his total self to the screen and grappling with several things like imposter syndrome later in his career, also the loss of his father at just five, and how he brought that desire for connection and family to the screen. And you know, there's that scene in Planes, Trains and Automobiles it's Steve Martin where Steve Martin has a go at him in the hotel room, you know, saying how.
Speaker 6: Useless he was, and he says, I like me. And it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's a really moving comedy. Planes Trains and Ortobiles. I love Steve By and it's one of my comic heroes. But I'm telling you now, Planes Trains and Automobiles is John Candy's movie. Yes, it's not the same movie without John Candy. He provides all the heart in it as well and proper old school screen presence.
Speaker 1: Yeah. SOE like cool Runnings, there should just.
Speaker 2: Be a twenty four hour Movie channel that just shows John Candy movies. This relentlessly funny. It's one of those guys. Is built for comedy as well.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, And that scene in the train station where Steve Martin comes in and he's just sitting there and he's told him that he's on his way home to his wife, but of course his wife has died like eight years before.
Speaker 7: There is no wife.
Speaker 5: Steve Martin said, they actually when they went to final cut, they cut a heap out of it, and he said, I wish they hadn't because it was just the most extraordinary.
Speaker 2: You can see the full form scene online. Oh my god, it's really watch this beautiful. Yeah, it is great. All right, lovely stuff pants. We take a break. We'll come back here on gold with double thumbs up and you can share my shoes as well. What are you enjoying at the moment? Text me oh four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show every Friday. We got around the team first half hour the show. We call it double thumbs up the things that we're enjoying at the moment. Two TV shows for me. One it's a big new show on Netflix called Boots. Set in the nineties, bully teenager joins his best friend. They decided to impulsively go and join the US Marines. It's about boot camp. It's about identity, coming of age, camaraderie. It is so joyous and really funny and absolutely loving it. Cannot recommend it enough. Really really really great show as well. It's very very good set in the nineties. That's Boots on Netflix. And if you like a TV show that is grim, will break your heart. I've got the show for you. My wife refused to watch it and keep saying to me afterwards when I just come out, I'm quiet about five or tens. You've got to put yourself back together. It's the same writer and showrunn a guy called Brad Inglesby who did Mayor of East Town.
Speaker 1: Right. I wish it were a great couple of seasons of a really great crime drama.
Speaker 2: This is called Task. It's the best thing I've ever seen Mark Ruffalo do. Oh my God, that's blown me away. It's week by week and normally get quite irritated with that because these days with selfish, I want I watch it. Oh, now I want to watch it now. Ain't myself tired? Give it to me now. But it's on once a week. It's worth it. If you really do like TV shows that are layered and it's complex. It blurs the line completely between good and bad. It's basically the TV show remember the movie Heat. We've got cops and robbers, but they kind of a grudge and respect between each other. It's like a TV modern day version of that.
Speaker 8: Oh you would bloody love? Oh my god, I do. This show actually made me cry this week. It's a beautiful show, but it is not. If you're looking for a feel good show, stick to Boots. If you wanted a bit grim, if the National made the TV detective show, they would make Tasks.
Speaker 1: I have loved it Rio. What's it for you? Mate? What do you give? Double thumbs up?
Speaker 9: If you do want something a bit lighter you just watched ask. I would highly recommend on Stand. It just came out on Sunday. It's called One More Shot. I actually saw it at the Melbourne Film Festival. It got a big standing ovation. It's awesome. It is an ausy comedy set at the turn of the millennium, So a Y two K house party with a time traveling bottle of tequila.
Speaker 7: It is so much fun.
Speaker 9: It's very aussy, very ousy humor, but like really really well.
Speaker 1: Done, brilliant.
Speaker 7: It actually starts.
Speaker 1: We need to get behind this.
Speaker 7: It's really good.
Speaker 9: And do you remember we a few years ago we did Grouse the musical, which was we did our own Aussie version of Greece for grown ups. Yes, it was written by Fiona Harris, your friend and Mike.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's great. So got a show connection.
Speaker 9: It's so much fun, a great like a Sunday night watch, perfect like perfect to one one shot, one more shot, one more shot.
Speaker 1: And it's on Stan.
Speaker 7: It's on Stan. It's brilliant.
Speaker 4: Okay, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: On the show right now, we're doing double thumbs up. You tell us about the things you're into at the moment that you would recommend. It might be a TV show, book, whatever it is. Oh four seventy five three one O four three, Alex will short, double thumbs.
Speaker 1: Up, mate, what do you enjoying.
Speaker 10: I'm staying with Diane Caaden, who passed away in the week at age seventy nine, and I guess this is such a great film for her range the Godfather trilogy. She was in Godfather one and two, and apparently the director Francis Ford Coppola, he saw her in Lovers and Other Strangers and cast her for the role of Kay Adams in The Godfather, which was Michael Corleoni's wife, who was not in the mafia, had nothing to do with the mafia.
Speaker 11: At Kay.
Speaker 10: She's this white Anglo Saxon Protestant American and she provides that kind.
Speaker 11: Of that good that good versus evil.
Speaker 10: She always wants Michael Corleoni sort of to legitimize the business and tries to protect her children from that awful, awful crime family, I suppose, and she's family.
Speaker 11: Well, you know that's the MARKI.
Speaker 1: Lucy Goosey.
Speaker 2: You know it's not all at sea, far from it.
Speaker 1: That's not quite the American gene lads, and you know it, how am I?
Speaker 10: Anyways, she didn't want to be in Godfather too, but she read the script and let's do it. And yes, it was so so good in that And massive respect to her.
Speaker 2: If you're a Godfather fan, right, I cannot recommend enough a book I read last year, Take the Canoi. It's about the making of the Godfather. Every chapter is a bad E Belieople story, almost a story of the making of the Godfather. Is almost just as dramatic and entertaining as the actual movie itself.
Speaker 10: Highest dressing film ever made. Oh, such a great movie. Incredible, I've got one more off. Oh yeah, I'm just can I just talk about the croissants at BP. Like the croissants at BP I get. I often stop in there on my way into work. Triple thumbs up for these things. Triples they are. They're so good, they cost only cost four dollars. There's so crisp loan. What's loon learn shmoon? I say, compared to these chris smooth out of the box these things. I highly recommend them. Croissanted BP. Get in you'll love it. Love and they really are they really buttery.
Speaker 11: They're so buttery. They're so crunchy cross.
Speaker 1: I'm right now in trouble. Is very messy, aren't they?
Speaker 9: Yes, very hard to eat with any dignity that you're a mess after brushing for the next hour. Maybe we should get a French person to try the bpequas on and get a real French review to see if this up to stand it.
Speaker 1: I'm not remotely interested in doing that.
Speaker 10: Put them out of blindfold and we'll give them like different croissants.
Speaker 2: And is matched to get get out of the whole One year Old Lady interview this week, all right, don't put my head.
Speaker 1: Back on the chopping block. Okay, with a croissant review from Claws. It's Friday, guys, the shows off the tracks. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I've got no time for that bloody Corleone family up to it again, Shenanigans.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Anyone else on this team can't stand for ironing.
Speaker 7: I hate it. It's the worst thing.
Speaker 2: It's one of the evils of modern life, isn't it. I just remember, like one of the first ideas that adult life wasn't quite what I thought was going to be as a kid, was just having to iron in my life. Before I got an into radio, I had a sales job and I just remember the bane of having to always iron shirts for work and it just been the worst part of the day every morning. It wasn't a job I wanted to do. And I'd have my mankey old ironing board and this tiny mankey flat that constantly got burgled in London where my girlfriend and I became my wife used to live and just doing those shirts every morning, thinking this it's like, you know, there's scenes in every musical where someone goes.
Speaker 1: This can't be the life for me.
Speaker 2: I be listening to the radio ironing my shirts, trying to work out how could I ever get into that box the radio to do with the guy was doing doing a breakfast show, rather than be at this ironing board ironing flipping shirts.
Speaker 9: And ironing board technology has not improved in the same oldunky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lillian, you know our special guest this week who turned one hundred on Wednesday. Out of all the other advancements she's seen, ironing boards are the same as when Lillian was born as they are now exactly.
Speaker 1: But what how could they improve? We're going to have ironing boards.
Speaker 9: You know what I hate is that the bit that scares me is when you put the legs up and then put them back, And I'm always worried about when you put them back.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 5: I only do school uniforms these days, I have to say, and drives me insane because there's several plates in like Audrey's summer dress.
Speaker 1: And they're really precise in the summer dresses.
Speaker 5: Actually insane. Chris does all his own shirts. Yeah, oh absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: I still have to do one a week. I do on like a Sunday. And one of the things my mother in law taught me. She used to she used to come around to our house once a week and she loved daytime TV like a lot of old people who watch Alex, and she used to she used to sit from the TV. And I didn't realize you can adjust the height of an ironing board. She would, so she would sit on the couch, lower it to be sort of knee high iron and watch TV for about two hours.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It was the perfect system.
Speaker 2: She would do it, she would she would do the inning. Alex, I'll tell you what you could do with Have you got an iron.
Speaker 1: By the way, Alex, I've got an iron.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to use it, mate, Because those T shirts you wear often Rio, how crumpled does Alex looks.
Speaker 9: It's almost like you deliberately crumple the T shirt. It's like you've got a T shirt.
Speaker 1: You're not like that.
Speaker 2: On Channel seven between one and three you crumple for radio. You're freshly pressed.
Speaker 11: They pressed and ready T shirt. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mates, I can tramp for a hobo.
Speaker 11: Own my shirts, but only I'm the front part. I don't. I'm the slave.
Speaker 6: Alex.
Speaker 2: No, I've done that before, Alex. I do that sometimes if I need his shirt to go for dinner.
Speaker 1: I won't iron the back. And then when I get up to go to toilet, my wife because.
Speaker 2: You need to iron the back. It looks terrible. Who's looking at my back?
Speaker 11: Exactly?
Speaker 10: And if you're wearing a jumper, what's the point of even ironing the shirt at all?
Speaker 5: You got the shirt under the same if it's all lovely impressed, doesn't it feel like weird up against your skin?
Speaker 1: No, not at all. No, No, I tell you. One of the best things, you know, Sometimes you can.
Speaker 2: Buy stuff that actually actually does make a difference in your life. Like slow cooker. You buy that, it makes a really big difference in your life. The other one is buying a couple years ago a steamine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are they any good?
Speaker 1: Of course? They're all handheld. We got butler. The ones that you do that my butler loves it, right, you know, is like.
Speaker 9: Obviously your classic iron, which you do on a press down.
Speaker 7: The other one that you hold up to it like a No.
Speaker 2: They have those in fancy clothes shops, don't they. They're always steaming TV they have them as well. No, this is this is an iron, but it takes like five minutes to warm it up. It's a big thing. That isn't just an iron. It sits in something with a lot of water. Yeah, my god, guys, get a steamine. It sort of melts the shirt creaseless immediately. I wish I could put it on my face because it would it would take decades off.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break.
Speaker 4: We were back the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian and I went to Algae to buy a tent, came home with a law mower. This is a throwback to all we were talking about it yesterday. Christian, I would rather iron clothes and fold clothes and put away Ryan, I know what you mean. Actually I would prefer to iron. Then for the folding and putting away of clothes is hell to me.
Speaker 9: It's hell getting all the washing in the washing machine, putting it up, fine work.
Speaker 7: The next part is it takes so long? Takes so long?
Speaker 2: I refuse, Yes, I refuse to bother folding up tea towels, so I because basically get scrunched when they come out, so I think it's okay to so often I just roll them up into a ball, put them in the drawer, struggle to shut the drawer, kick the drawers shut, and then it's like.
Speaker 1: A lovely jack in the box as you open it. My wife it doesn't nuts because she's like, fold the tea tooels. It doesn't matter. They're gonna get.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get scrunched immediately. They don't need to be folded.
Speaker 11: My mother in law irons the tea tails. What she irons the tea tails.
Speaker 2: She's down to nabby. Is she the housekeeper? That is incredible.
Speaker 10: She's done with us recently and I saw her doing it and I'm like, I was amazed.
Speaker 2: We have way too many tea towels. I'm going to do an account this weekend, but I reckon. I estimate it's at least thirty crazy Honestly, it's way too many tea towels.
Speaker 1: I've even got an oasis tea town of Coos.
Speaker 2: A receptionist gave it to me when he was in London. He saw the oasis at the merch store. Had that logo on just about anything they could make money from. And he was like a tea tower and he was like, oh my god, I bet English people love tea towels where Christian would love. It's my favorite tea towel. I think we should have for the national show that starts next year. Maybe we should have show tea towels. Yes, and every day isn't.
Speaker 7: It, but please fold them up, don't scrunch them.
Speaker 2: Like all right, whatever people got on this weekend, I have quite the giddy day to day of high level excitement.
Speaker 1: I kea flat pack assembly from my new shiny.
Speaker 2: Alex desk and Alex's chair with arms, paid extra to have with arms.
Speaker 7: Axir, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: That's what it's called. So I'm guessing that it's it's probably quite crumpled.
Speaker 1: So I've got that.
Speaker 2: And then if anyone's ever taken the warranty out on a new couch, it's called the Guardsman. It's like a stained sort of thing there they persuade. A man is coming out from guardsmen to try and de stain. Do you remember still it was about three weeks ago. It's finally the day is today. He's coming out today to de red Wine our cream couch. I am so excited, genuinely, I'm not I'm not just saying this. I'm so excited to see what he does and how he does it well.
Speaker 9: I want to see his will because there's such a mysterious organization, the guards, but it sounds like a secret society and I've never had to use them. I want to see, like, tell us what car they come in, what are they wearing? You have like a secret code or something to come in.
Speaker 7: I'm very intrigued.
Speaker 1: You know what it feels like to me. I'm going to watch him do his whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's a bit like when those plays called vide we used to see someone like make Glass or something like that. Yes, where it's instructural and actually quite so almost meditative, where you're just seeing someone very good at their job operate. So yeah, I am so excited to day by that. Ria, what's the head for you look forward to this weekend?
Speaker 7: Will not look forward to? That wouldn't be the words I'd be using.
Speaker 1: I care flat pack is not something to get excited about.
Speaker 9: I agreed to go to a play with my partner Will tonight just you know, he said it's a play up in Collin. When I said great, I did not and I won't make this mistake again. Did not read the blurb of what the play is about. It is an intimate, experimental production that draws heavily on audience participation, so much so that there's a microphone for the audience and every audience member has to come up and engage with the performance on stay.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you do that for living. You don't do that night.
Speaker 2: And also lazy ass actors do your job.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm paying you. Why am I doing that?
Speaker 11: Actually?
Speaker 2: Otherwise we've got to split the money with this exactly following you.
Speaker 1: That sounds dreadful. Is it a big theater or.
Speaker 9: I think it's just more of like a community. It says very intimate. I think there's only fifteen to twenty people in the space.
Speaker 1: It's pressure. Oh I need to hear about that. Yeah, it's a lot of pressure. Alex. What are you up to this weekend? I need some T shirts fingers crossed.
Speaker 10: I will be ironing actually because we're going to a ball in Sydney, a smashing grab affair.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 11: Will be up and back just for the night. Bonnie's sister is very much.
Speaker 10: Do you mean just to night? You mean you're not staying we're staying. Well, no, we're not want to go into tomorrow. So we're just up for the night and then we're back. Oh how very Sydney, just in and out? You know, is it the met Gala?
Speaker 11: It's the MCA, the Museum of Contemporary Art Artists.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, y swish.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's lovely.
Speaker 10: It's right on the harbor and we haven't been back since we left Sydney, so it's a bit of a homecoming of sorts and keep coming.
Speaker 1: Like people are going to be parading in the story Sun's Color. The Manager's on TV at in the afternoon.
Speaker 11: Home it's going to be a bus.
Speaker 1: Open bus parades.
Speaker 10: But you know what, I'm looking forward to some quiet time. It's not gonna be for very long, but that doesn't matter. Some quiet time. You know, it's been it's been a hard few weeks with the kids. They're they're pretty fall on at the moment. So we're just gonna have a nice It's.
Speaker 2: A very relatable story for any parent when they want to get away from their kids. I always say, go to a garlic and just get some mum and dad time. What are you up to this weekend? You're back out fighting on the cobbles.
Speaker 5: No, no way, We love God has the egg chair to erect tomorrow is his job. And then we.
Speaker 1: Got to do is get it. You don't have to build them, you you do.
Speaker 6: It's all in a flat box.
Speaker 7: Wow's one we forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. He's probably got to go and buy the raw materials.
Speaker 2: If you saw some screws, some poles, fabric put it together.
Speaker 5: Well, and then planning out what's happening, then planning Christmas holiday because we are that family that leave everything to the last minute because we love paying top dollar for it.
Speaker 6: You know, when we fly, what are you thinking about going Fiji?
Speaker 11: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Oh my God cannot recommend it enough recommendations.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful, beautiful The Fijians are so the like type people, really humble, very very kind, really gracious.
Speaker 1: You've been to Fiji, haven't your here? It's a great place.
Speaker 9: Yes, beautiful place. A bit late, I would say. Any Fiji time is definitely a real thing. So add half an hour onto any want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very yeah. None of them have watches. And then when you if you go to the rest of all the food. You realize maybe someone should have a watch one of you. Please have a watch it.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian Patsy, you should start Plantation Island. It really is the best. Pass too much, Mike, go to Fiji. Christian, I'll just start playing basebort fifty three years of an age. It's not the Robert Redford in the movie The Natural. This week I make my senior debut play next to my sixteen year old son in Division five. I can't wait, Shane, Please let us no wonder how it goes.
Speaker 1: What a great thing to do.
Speaker 7: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: I called in a couple of weeks ago you will talk about the guardsman couch protection, and I just heard you say today's the day he comes out. Sit back and enjoy the show. They can I'm ten to thirty. This guy gets it. They can remove anything in minutes. Whatever these cleaning products are must be kept extremely secret.
Speaker 1: They do not share where you can buy this stuff.
Speaker 2: James, Christian, you're right, well, washing takes one hour, and it takes it between five to seven business days to fold and put stuff away.
Speaker 12: Brock.
Speaker 1: That is exactly that's the ratio. One hour to five.
Speaker 2: To seven business working days to fold and put the stuff away.
Speaker 1: That rock all right.
Speaker 2: This week one of our stories that we loved was about the amazing storre of the lady in Brisbane who went into labor and gave birth in the driveway of the hospital and to very quick thinking amazing maternity nurses ran out and assisted two persons. The baby was out in her car. Someone then turned up with a sheet, some kind of dignity sheet to theyn obviously get her out of the car and onto a hospital bed and into the hospital. So today we're again looking for your stories about where did you go into labor and if you weren't born in a hospital, where were you born? On thirteen double five, double two. Caitlyn, where did your mum go into hospital? This is incredible story.
Speaker 13: Yes, so my mum was at the club with my dad on the pokies when she went into labor.
Speaker 2: Now, I know some of you sometimes go a Christian. Come on, maybe it's a bit unfair to call Kitlyn a bogan. Did you just hear what Caitlyn said? Her mum was at the club, regnant, probably heavily already sort of getting ready to bursta thought the place to go is the Poky's. Yea, nine months previously there's been too much poky.
Speaker 13: So yeah, they're at a place called Twin Towns, which we call Twenties.
Speaker 6: And yeah, and they were on the Pokey's.
Speaker 13: I think it was Dad playing and then she went, oh oh, and when I think we have to go, and Dad said, can you just wait.
Speaker 6: Before I finish?
Speaker 2: And I I'm about to pay out, So yeah, you.
Speaker 13: Know, another thirty minutes they left Twenties and headed to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Wow, well that's a long time when you really go into labor as well, well, going to labor at the Pokies, you do not. Someone this week sent me an emails saying that we should do a feature called That's So Australian. If we were to do it, I feel like it's actually it's this going into labor at the Poky's.
Speaker 9: That's so and it is really your origin story.
Speaker 2: You're right, it's like Peter Parker eccellently getting bitten by the radioactive spider. Yes, Kailin actually born, actually going into labor at the Pokey's.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show one podcast.
Speaker 2: This week one If you send me an email saying Christian, you should do a feature called that sole Australian. I think, with producericating saying that her mum went into labor at the Pokey's, it feels like there's no better time to do it, and you just yes. And on the show we spoke to a caller with an incredible name, Chanel Palace. Those two things for like, it's time to start. That's so Australian, going to labor at Pokey's, giving your daughter the name Chanel Palace.
Speaker 11: You know, it's also very Australian.
Speaker 10: I won one hundred and seventy dollars on the poking machines at that club, probably fifteen years later.
Speaker 7: How what are the odds.
Speaker 2: One of the odds, I tell you, what is so Australian is just a joy of the meat raffle.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't have any anyone on the show won a meat raffle. I couldn't even imagine how exciting that must be.
Speaker 1: Till win I have.
Speaker 13: I have won and I'm not joking. Five Christmas Hams in one city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're taking down the You're like Danny Ocean and they're taking.
Speaker 1: Down Yeah, that's dodgy.
Speaker 6: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: By Christmas, hams jockeys.
Speaker 13: Literally were sitting with my cousins, my aunties and all that around the tables.
Speaker 1: So the same person that's so Australian inbreed.
Speaker 13: We're at like a little New South Wales coastal town, really really small, and we were there for Christmas. We'd gone up to the local pub and we're sitting there, bought all of our tickets and there were loads of people there and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love some meat raffles.
Speaker 13: All the locals were giving us death stairs because we had ham as a floor. There was that many hands underneath our table that they were all like, every person, you're looking.
Speaker 1: To you chet down the house. That's incredible. I'm jealous.
Speaker 13: Everyone went home with a ham that weekend and we'll live it.
Speaker 7: There needs to be a.
Speaker 9: Royal commission into these sort of meat raffles because we every year go to a tennis competition out in the country. I won't say which one, but every year they do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, say which one are you were that Kate's going to go there check it down Taiten's crew.
Speaker 9: I believe that it is rigged because every year the same family pulls in on meat after meat after meat, and it's always them every year. There's got to be something very suspicious going on. It's during the Labor Day holiday. You know who you are.
Speaker 1: You're onto somebody here.
Speaker 2: This goes right to expose a meat raffles scandal.
Speaker 1: All right, What is so Australian?
Speaker 4: Give me a call the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian is so Australian to keep a cigarette in your mouth whilst doing a task and not even taking a drag, just the satisfaction of having it.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 2: It apparently welded to someone's lip and there there's no puff on it. That's from Santo Christian. So Australian friend of mine gave birth in the Yarraw Junction. Bottle of dry throat. No, that's up there with going into abrat Pokey's Sarah. That's an incredible one, Christian. I was on holiday in Lawn and a cockatoo flew into my hotel room, picked up my packet of cigarettes and flew away. That Tom is so Australian. It's a Bogan bird. David add and Revy do anything on Bogan Burst. There's time time get back at the studio. All right, then there's a kickoff. We're today's People's playlist.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choose end on the music, and just when hit eight, somebody break the station chatting play the People's play Listen, Christian.
Speaker 7: Calling right now? When help Christian bigness songs for Friday show?
Speaker 2: It is time every Friday we put you in charge of the music from eight last hour the show on a Friday, you and control of the music.
Speaker 1: We give you a theme today. It's a great one.
Speaker 2: So many brilliant songs to douce from to really kickstart the weekend. It's songs that have questions as titles. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two. You can also text in O fall sum five three one oh four to three questions as titles. Whole hour of power of brilliant songs, big songs as always with questions as titles.
Speaker 1: Pats, what do you love? What do we have to play?
Speaker 5: I'm feeling a bit wacky today, Wacky Friday? Can we please have who let your dogs?
Speaker 1: Ou the worst? Go and work on Fox?
Speaker 9: Then I didn't remember agreeing to Wacky Friday, and I never will either.
Speaker 6: Spirit of this whole segment let's have.
Speaker 1: Mad Fridays here.
Speaker 7: Rick Carrey is.
Speaker 6: The only member of the nine piece Our men.
Speaker 1: Are men. Facts, Yes they do.
Speaker 6: Let's do a poll. Who wants to hear this song?
Speaker 7: Listeness down?
Speaker 1: He is, that's right. They're children, They're not target six year olds tuning in.
Speaker 5: He's the only member of the Beard not to own a dog. He has a cat.
Speaker 1: God, incredible.
Speaker 7: People want to hear a Friday?
Speaker 1: Guys, guys, I'm just taking a phone call. Hang on a minute. Who is it is? The ACCRA Awards? Citty, you want what both are awards? Back?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I tell her right now? You have the prize cold dead Hands?
Speaker 7: Will it is Friday?
Speaker 6: In the spirit of Friday Friday.
Speaker 2: There's no no day that's right for many day world has moved on from bar hard times.
Speaker 7: I vote let the Dons out.
Speaker 9: I've actually watched a documentary on the making of this song.
Speaker 1: Getting Back.
Speaker 7: It's actually amazing.
Speaker 9: They spent two straight days trying to get the barks right.
Speaker 2: So the producer was so exactly Lennon and McCartney gets the sound of the piano right.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 9: What's what they were doing? And the producers like it's just not right, It's just not right. And in the end, on the third day the producer came in.
Speaker 1: The Bible rose again.
Speaker 7: And now for him.
Speaker 6: Out at eight o'clock, I say.
Speaker 2: Jose, who's he? Replacement of Spanish gime Jose O'Connell rio, Please help us if you got a decent song?
Speaker 7: I do, I do.
Speaker 9: Two thousand and three Australian Idol was the biggest show.
Speaker 1: What has happened to you guys?
Speaker 7: It's Wacky Friday Christian.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right, that's called it.
Speaker 9: He was of it back in two thousand and three. I want justice for Nolesy. He's brilliant, brilliant rendition of moving pictures.
Speaker 7: What about me the kid from condobelen the sheep shearer?
Speaker 2: Oh, it just rolls off the tongue, doesn't mack a Poe and the kids on Condoblin.
Speaker 1: That's shell Stradian, the condo king.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 7: Nolesy is probably about as ossie as you can get.
Speaker 1: I think you're right.
Speaker 7: Actually, sheeps here at goa Tea? Bring back the go tee? What happened to that?
Speaker 1: You're right? The soul pass?
Speaker 2: Dare we take the show to Shannonole level at there's some big ask because at the moment, you know, baha men and now Shannon Alex, what have you got a song with a question as a title?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: This is off her, I think her greatest album ever, Tina Turner. It's off Private Dance to my old man loved Tina Turney had a tape. He put it in the tape deck, the old Ford feelane with the orange and blue stripe up the side and we'd play What's Love God to Grace?
Speaker 11: Such a good song.
Speaker 1: That biggest single. Yeah, do you know this sold over?
Speaker 2: And this is when actually it's not streams, people going and buying actual physical copies of a seven inch single. I know that this sold to over two and a half million copies. Who it's incredible actually when people should go and buy a single, a little seven inch sample vinyls over two and a half million. Brilliant song. That's a great one. That's we're back on track. We're back on track, all right. Songs will question the titles and going to Scotland are going to Annie Lennox, Would I lie to you? I love this song? This is a Friday song. Brilliant voice, Annie Lennox. The other one is the mighty tj You know are you show me Shannon? No, I give you Tom Jones leather cacs, massive packet, No, no, I mean cigarette. So you always came down the front of his back us up. So he kept his microphone. Guys, that I was down there. He always had a spare microphone right betwixt his legs.
Speaker 9: This is in a huge leap from Baha, men who let the dogs out.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, you're right right in leaps in the right direction to you mean yes.
Speaker 2: A lot of big calls today, guys, hot take Friday all Right. Lines are open now thirteen fifty five twenty two. We're looking for an hour brilliant songs, Big songs with songs that have questions as titles.
Speaker 1: What would you love us play.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We call that the people's play this.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choose in the music. And just when hit eight, somebody who played the station chatty play the people's play Listen Christian.
Speaker 1: Calling brand now.
Speaker 7: When help Christian big the songs for Friday show.
Speaker 1: All Right Today's theme.
Speaker 2: Then we're looking for a great hour of power songs are questions as titles. Songs are the questions as titles. Elijah, good morning. He's ten, He's listening to the show. He's having some thoughts in his head. He's learning me a story about one those thoughts. Hey, Christian, some on my way to school and Prayan and I'm thinking about you playing jet.
Speaker 1: How are you going to be my girl? Liking the thoughts?
Speaker 2: Elijah, that's a great song, Christian, what about you play what's the story?
Speaker 1: Morning Glory? By Oasis?
Speaker 2: Anton, who's ten, one of our young listeners as well. Yes, two weeks time, two weeks time.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait. Oasis are here in two weeks time.
Speaker 2: We're also getting Melbourne's geting his very own Oasis pop up store store that week as well. So maybe if you want to get Uasis te Tael like me, Yes, we get it. I wonder if they've got Aussie theme stuff like you think they're going to have, like beer holders.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that. Yeah's guys, bad news. We have somebody listening out there.
Speaker 2: We can never control who listens to the show, and boy, I wish we could, but there's some sick person called Daniel who wants us to play what does the Fox Say?
Speaker 9: And then Daniel, Daniel, Daniel, Wacky Friday.
Speaker 1: Baha, men and stuff. That is Shannon Noll. The drawbridge is down.
Speaker 2: They're coming hard for us, guys, They're coming hard.
Speaker 1: Dan. That's a great one. Men at work. Who can it be? Now? Brilliant song? All right, let's take some calls. Good morning, Brendan, welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Good morning guys, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there he is, b units on board. All right, So Brendan, what should we playmate? Song with a question in the title, Well, one of the.
Speaker 4: Most quintessential questions of all by the class Should I stay or should I go?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Welcome to Quintessential Friday. It's a it's a show of quintessence.
Speaker 9: When I think of quintessential questions, I think should I stay.
Speaker 7: Or should I go?
Speaker 2: And rio let's put that in the clock for a Monday show. And let's let's start next week hard with quintessential questions on a Monday.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Brandon listen, quintessential question should should one stay or should one leave?
Speaker 1: Or depart? Brandon Grayson by the clash. Let's get to David here.
Speaker 4: Good morning David, Hello, good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday. Have you had a good week, David? What would you love us to play today?
Speaker 1: Mate? Yes?
Speaker 12: I would love a Friday banger by the Angels?
Speaker 11: Am I ever going to see your face again?
Speaker 1: One hundred certified banger? We're definitely playing.
Speaker 5: This beautiful Have a great Friday, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, David.
Speaker 2: This is quintessential, quintessential pastre on the cast business. I'm ever going to see your face again? Uh, we've got here, Billy boy, Bill.
Speaker 1: Good morning guys, Happy.
Speaker 2: Friday, Happy Friday, Billy And what would you love us to play?
Speaker 12: From the original Lion King movie? Can you feel the love?
Speaker 1: Tonight? Bait?
Speaker 7: Old beautiful song?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 7: Why are you Friday? Christian? I've gone on fly.
Speaker 2: Mail, don't ever call a show and starts stinking up on a Friday?
Speaker 1: Call smooth.
Speaker 2: Every other song is some syrupy old rubbish like this beautiful I love John.
Speaker 1: This isn't eight o'clock, this.
Speaker 5: Is week time, and this isn't the time on a.
Speaker 2: Now it's another the place and all the time. You know what, it isn't quintessential. I would say it's unessential. Sorry Bill, but no, Richard.
Speaker 1: Morning, Christian?
Speaker 3: Have you Friday?
Speaker 2: Happy Friday? Richard, and thanks for calling the show, thanks for listening to show. What would you love us to playmate?
Speaker 1: Another quintessential song? Do you.
Speaker 12: See what I See?
Speaker 1: By Hustles incorrect? Are right?
Speaker 2: This is quintessential great song as well. This is more like it energy Friday. Oh wow, just seen somebody message in with an old friend rio, Who saved Who?
Speaker 1: Who made? Who? Did you save?
Speaker 7: The animal? Ords? Did it save you?
Speaker 1: Save you?
Speaker 2: And ask the most quintessential question of all time. Richard, Thank you very much of that. Enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 1: Uh is Vic there? Yes? How are you the morning? Vic? Great name, by the way, proper old school name.
Speaker 3: Vic's name.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So the question I often have to ask myself what's my age?
Speaker 1: Again? By Blinky two? Which essential question? Great song as well, These are all brilliant.
Speaker 2: We can have a great hour, all right, keeping coming then four seventy five three one oh four three. You can message us what should be playing during the next the hour of our songs of questions as titles news and Sport on the way, and that we're doing a part two of what did you Believe as a kid? Get ready for an amazing story that I'm going to call three testicles.
Speaker 1: That's the reason to stay tuned. It is Quintessential Friday News.
Speaker 4: Next the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian is Rio serious?
Speaker 2: Has he never heard of Guy Sebastian Shannon Nlesy only musical reality star in this country?
Speaker 1: Rio? Are you serious?
Speaker 9: Oh, I've heard about Guy Sebastian and I've heard that Nlesy. Is this superior Australian ardol contestant agree.
Speaker 2: This is fighting talk on Quintessential Friday Now yesterday and the show We're asking you what what.
Speaker 1: Did you believe as a kid.
Speaker 2: We had Keith, when he heard a song on the radio, used to believe the band was other radio station live playing all the songs. There was Marcus who believed that the shadow cast by clouds on the sea were.
Speaker 1: Actually giant Wells.
Speaker 2: Tony the handicapped system for horse racing was actually for handicapped horses. CJ that before the nineteen eighties the earth had no color.
Speaker 1: I love that one from CJ. That was a very common one.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Russ that Mario and Luigi were actual real plumbers that just had a computer game as a merchandising. Kate used to believe there was a man standing inside the traffic lights pushing a button to change the lights for us. Tim, this is all my favorite ones as well. That dogs are boys and cats were girls. It's amazing how many of us used to believe that. And Chris the classic wet sand had to be avoided or turned into quicksand the dreaded Quicksand this is.
Speaker 1: On Kim Christian and Els Kid.
Speaker 2: I believe the airports were in the sky and you had to climb a ladder to board the plane. Light bus stops, the plane would stop and you would get on. The ladders were raised when a plane was coming and held by guys at the bottom.
Speaker 1: That's it's a good system, it is. That's when Kim Karlik Christian.
Speaker 2: When I was a child, I believe the entire cast of Play School lived in the house in the opening credits.
Speaker 1: Me too, Jill. My dad Jim went away a lot of business.
Speaker 2: I actually thought he was James Bond.
Speaker 1: Hey, maybe he was, we don't know. Craig.
Speaker 2: I used to believe that my mum's threat that naughty children became mannequins, Jim.
Speaker 1: Those parental threats.
Speaker 2: Should carry on like that, you end up like a mannequin, because just catching up on the yesterday's show. When I was younger, my older brother made me believe that I was missing a testicle. He told me that every boy has three, that when I was younger, that I've been involved in a terrible car crush and had to get one of them removed. I was in tears when he told me, and believed him, and still until we started doing and that me in school.
Speaker 1: Jordan, this is.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, miss, you'll actually fine.
Speaker 2: Maybe update these textbooks. There's only a pair here, and it's three actually, But Sandy, that car accident, I do not remember.
Speaker 1: The only thing lost in a car accident was one of my clackers.
Speaker 2: All right, lines are open now thirteen fifty five, twenty two What did you believe as a kid? And you can also text the show as well. Four seventy five three one oh four to three. Now I'm going to give you a choice. I'm about to play some amazing adverts, always my favorite bits of the show.
Speaker 1: After those, they're adverts. You have a choice. If you stay with us, you will be subjected to Shannon.
Speaker 7: No, not subjected, you will be blessed.
Speaker 2: You'll be subjected to the sounds and tones of Shannon.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: If you don't want that, retune right now and I won't judge you.
Speaker 2: But for the rest of you coming up next, we're taking it to Shannon.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show gone.
Speaker 1: I'm gust Christian.
Speaker 2: I am all teams, Team Nolesey against Team Sebastian.
Speaker 1: Guys, where are you getting this from? This is Rio's fault about bringing you together.
Speaker 2: Why can't we live in a world where the Team Nolesey also respect and hug Team Sebastian. Christian, I was the right page of twelve one guy beat him to the Australian Idol Grant Final.
Speaker 1: I cried and cried. I understand. I'm still crying, Christian.
Speaker 2: What I used to believe is a kid. I used to believe that Australia was just Victoria. There are a lot of Victorians. I still believe that now, and the Western Australia. South Australia was a different These are different countries all together. Only worked out when I started going to school and saw on atlas that's from Adam Christian when I was a child, and the basis of trees converting carbon dioxide into oxygen. I used to think that inside the tree was a scuba tank.
Speaker 1: Would do this? Do this? That's such a great image.
Speaker 7: It's easy to understand.
Speaker 9: And then whatever the actual scientific explanation, I'm happy to go with that.
Speaker 1: It's a convenient truth. Christian.
Speaker 2: As a kid, my mom would tell me that if I wasn't tucked up in bed by nine o'clock in the evening, the nine o'clock horses would come and take me away.
Speaker 1: It works.
Speaker 2: I'm still mildly scared now, and I see the clock and see it's eight fifty nine, and wind about those nine o'clock horses.
Speaker 1: Who knew about the legend of the nine o'clock horse. That's a great one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so what did you used to believe as a kid? You can text the show four seven five three one O four three. You can call us as well. Thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 1: Right now. You can hear those tones under my beautiful voice.
Speaker 2: There's nothing I could do where I'm insisted. I'm sorry, guys, Shannon nol Now.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's the Christian O'Connell Show on goals.
Speaker 7: Not great that, Hey, I knew you were a team guy.
Speaker 9: As soon as I first met you seven years ago, I was like, this guy's team guy for sure.
Speaker 1: How do you cut me?
Speaker 2: I played guys Sebastian okay, guilty mea Kalpa Christian. And when I was growing up, I used to believe that jet stream planes left in the sky were jet lag and never understood why they made you tired. That's from Tanya. And let's take some calls. Now we're talking about were strange things used to believe as a kid. Morning Kim, Good morning, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Kim.
Speaker 12: Thanks for calling, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: That's quite a right, all right, So Kim, what did young Kim believe as a kid?
Speaker 12: So young Kim, And I'm ashamed to admit that young Kim was into her teens before she realized this wasn't true. Every road with the same name was the same road.
Speaker 9: Oh, it is crazy though, like in some suburbs in Melbourne. Actually in Richmond, there's two there's Chapel Street and Fir Street, and there's two Chapel Streets that are smaller Chapel Streets off Je Streets.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I believe that it didn't matter where the road was. If it had the same name, it somehow would join up and it would be the same road.
Speaker 1: Never ending road.
Speaker 7: And you'll get this.
Speaker 1: You'll get this, Kim. That's a great one. Kim. Have a lovely weekend, mate, take care of you too.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Jenny. Good morning, Jenny, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good Jenny and Jenny. What did young Jenny believe as a kid.
Speaker 3: So my mom she purchased some eggs and I somehow heard her drop the word battery, and I thought what And I said to my big brother, what's the battery egg? And he said, okay, So what it is is they get the chruk and they get a piece of wire and they hook it up to the chruk's leg and in the other end goes to a battery. And when they want an egg, they touched the battery and better than that, you got an egg. It shocks the chook, it drops an egg, and that's a battery. Hen And I was like, oh my god, is awful. But the worst thing Nutritian. Years and years later, many years later, my husband and I bought a milk back and we had this lady turn up and she had a vand and she had eggs and she's coming and I'm in my twenties twenty six. She's coming and she's like, oh, I just want to know if you want to buy milk. And I looked at her, said exactly, And she said, well, the battery, eg, how could you how could.
Speaker 1: You dry them up to electrodes?
Speaker 3: That it's discussing. She'd ended up leaving the shop and my husbands like, you need to calm down.
Speaker 7: I was you need to read a book.
Speaker 1: Australian.
Speaker 3: Don't have my sister finally time in my thirties, Jennifer. That's he was just.
Speaker 1: Trying to sit down and have the chat about the chops and the battery agains every heads. Yeah yeah, Jenny, that's a classic Jenny.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. She's story mate that's going on the show. I have a lovely weekend, me too, buy Alex. Please tell everyone what you believed about iPods.
Speaker 10: So my other convinced me that the more songs you put on the iPad pod, the heavier it gets.
Speaker 2: That's just remind us sold you're a managing in your forties, right, They've not been around that long, you know. They're not like an ancient technology. So by my rating, you would have been in your thirties when you believe this.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, mid to late twenties.
Speaker 1: It's a simple farm, lad, simple around there. Two thousand songs.
Speaker 11: Oh it's going to be too heavy. Oh I better get if you are.
Speaker 10: But he said you didn't really blaby, did You're like, yeah, it's so much lighter now.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't judge. I remember.
Speaker 2: I think it was only about ten years ago when we were going to one of these farms you can take kids too, and I was trying to we were looking at these animals. I was trying to work out with my daughters, who were a lot younger than which ones were sheeps and lambs. And I did not know until my forties about sheeps and lambs. I thought there were two completely different things. My wife was like, what do you mean, which one's a sheep and a lamb? Well, okay, how you tell them aparture? Are you joking? I had no idea.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I seriously was forty five when I found out. My kids, My kids.
Speaker 1: Who are like nine and ten, were telling me, didn't.
Speaker 2: You believe as a kid, teens, twenties, thirties, into your forties.
Speaker 1: I still love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't judge you, Alex, I'm with you, Okate. All right, Kitlyn, we got some amazing prizes right now to go and do some and see some great live sport this weekend WNBL. Caitlin tell them the details about the tickets they.
Speaker 1: Can win right now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So the WNBL season kicks off this weekend at two pm at John Can Arena. We've got court side seats for you and someone else to see the South Side Flyers take on the UC Capitals the first game of the season, which is very, very exciting. So if you want them, just text us.
Speaker 2: All right for some five three one oh four three. I'm guessing that also court side will be producd at Caitlyn. I get the feeling there was six or seven pairs of tickets, but someone here I need a pooh how it works whenever we give away tickets, know that someone on the show Caitlin has already had some of those tickets.
Speaker 7: Skimming off the top Yes she is and.
Speaker 1: The bottom rio.
Speaker 6: Do you will see your Bogan there? Yes, I will be there.
Speaker 2: I know that that person was actually born in the Pokeyes, all right, you want to go and see some great loads for this weekend wnbl oh four five three one oh four three time waste are coming up next.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, I am dealing with a lot of email about shat No guys, Sea Rio, what have you done?
Speaker 7: It's a national saw point, Christians.
Speaker 1: I do not want to be falling out with our beloved listeners on a Friday. You've brought hate upon this out of love.
Speaker 9: I'm a proud nasy Man and I will not apologize for that.
Speaker 2: You don't speak for the country judging by these messages here, Christian. After playing that abomination cover version of a class song, you don't get to complain about Nicoback anymore, Julie, I'm just a song messenger, Christian. When I was a kid, we often had fish and chips on a Friday, same here.
Speaker 1: It was a religious thing.
Speaker 2: I believe that chips were type of delicious seacreature.
Speaker 1: I had no idea they came from potatoes. Ps. Guess what the pss.
Speaker 2: Shannon effing No is as rough as guts.
Speaker 1: Guy is a real singer. Wow, Christian.
Speaker 2: When I was honest to believe that when the news talked about three armed men or four armed men robin a bank.
Speaker 1: I thought they meant men with three or four arms.
Speaker 2: I was like, bloody hell, they believe to get these forearmed criminals.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite ones of the week.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into today's time waste. Today we're asking to make a movie Younger because it is World Youth Day.
Speaker 1: Up for grabs.
Speaker 2: There here two weeks time double pass the c Oasis at Marble Stadium Tuesday at fourth of November. There are some tickets are available store new tickets. Restrictive view seats are now available Oasis here in Melbourne two weeks time. Great Price has grabbed them before they all go at livenation dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Experts are wide that Australia's couples aren't getting busy enough in the bedroom go on. The nation is currently in the midst of a baby recession, with record low birth rate of just one point four eight babies per woman. That me one point four who's giving them to half a kid? You lazy ladies of Australia and your lazy wounds who just pushes out half a kid? That's so Australian. In England, we give, but we we the ladies of England.
Speaker 1: They are married to one of them in indushrows.
Speaker 2: She gave me two fully child, four children, four babies they were there was an half a baby coming out of there. And where's the rest of this, Sarah, Tina, where.
Speaker 1: Did you get this from? I did? He was mostly made up.
Speaker 7: In enough of it.
Speaker 5: We've got the lowest birth rate on record at the moment.
Speaker 6: And Victoria, but.
Speaker 2: I guess what do you think it is? You think it's because actually it's it's expensive.
Speaker 5: It's a cost of living crunch. It's expensive to have kids.
Speaker 9: It's expensive to have houses. I've got Mace and have one kid. They want to but they living in an apartment. They got no, Yes we have three and people go, why you've got three kids. You've got two jobs.
Speaker 1: So we've got two jobs. That's forced to work on tea time TV four three.
Speaker 11: Jobs if you include bunnies. Crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Experts say that they get this. Experts.
Speaker 2: Experts say that government should start offering rewards to encourage more baby making in the country.
Speaker 5: The baby bonus, so Peter Costello our former trip, it's a baby boner.
Speaker 1: That's a different coin.
Speaker 5: There was a baby bonus where I don't know what couples were paid.
Speaker 6: We missed out on it was? Was it two grand?
Speaker 7: I forget it was five grand?
Speaker 6: Five grand to actually pop out a kid?
Speaker 1: You are kidding me?
Speaker 5: I remember that, and people spend it on sorry big screen TVs most of the time.
Speaker 2: That set Australium. All right, So I was going to make a movie younger. Oh my god? What about the wedding Swinger? Just a little baby in a swing? The wedding silver plus the hateful eight year old?
Speaker 1: Just awful little toddler?
Speaker 2: Is twelve angry men? I mean that's obviously the older us, isn't it? And you've got twelve angry sperm? What the main brons nursery, nursery school of rock start there?
Speaker 7: I say, silver miners.
Speaker 2: No country for munchkinskin cass a blanky money?
Speaker 1: Where's my blanky?
Speaker 2: Signing to the prams Silver Hello was the single.
Speaker 1: And the girl with the Barney tattoo?
Speaker 7: Silver plas?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Rio? What have you got there? Make a movie younger?
Speaker 9: These babies are up to no good? Got drool intentions?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, alright, Bronze the dummy returns.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 9: We all love this child actor McCaulay and me old now he was a child.
Speaker 2: We all work, Yes, bron facked he was a child, show he was a.
Speaker 7: Child, and happy Fetus Fetus is good.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: God, there the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We'll ask you to make a movie Younger Time, Moister Parson.
Speaker 2: All right, so Oasis, power of the tickets, Go and see oats as they're here two each time. Next week on a show on a time waster concerning from Oasis, send you to see what is going to be my movie of the year, so I can see a couple of weeks ago, the big new.
Speaker 1: Bruce Springsteen movie. It is incredible.
Speaker 2: If you moan about the lack of franchise movies these days, this is a movie that's a proper story, that's actually about something.
Speaker 1: It is brilliant.
Speaker 2: Springsteen Delivery from Nowhere Calms out next week. I hope you'll go and see it. It's a great movie. I'm sending you to go and see it next week on the time waster right now, that make a movie Younger, Dumber, Dummy and Dumber Silver Why down, Andrew Poppenheimer. God, that's right, Martin Oliver Poppenheimer.
Speaker 1: It's very good.
Speaker 2: We changed the Pooh Mark Dash booties.
Speaker 7: Rudy his Gold.
Speaker 2: Michelle instead of inception conception. That's really smart. Michelle and Glenroy, well done. How to Potty Train Your Dragon Silver Michelle oppen Diaper Silver Miners and the Baby silver Mines, the Baby Born Identity silver plus.
Speaker 1: All Right, who's today's winner?
Speaker 7: Rio Martin with Ploppenheimer.
Speaker 2: Martin, I'll see you in two his time at Oasis. Have a great weekend, everybody. We are back Monday.
Speaker 1: Take care.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast