Speaker 1: Come on, welcome to the pickup. By we're doing it. I'll thanks to Campus Warehouse, great savings. Every day. It's Friday. God, it's been a long week.
Speaker 2: I think you'll find it's pronounced Fridayay.
Speaker 1: Next, you've got a special guest on the show.
Speaker 2: Imagine being gifted a baby, a real baby.
Speaker 3: This could be a reality. You know, this is a thing I don't want anymore. Please don't give me.
Speaker 2: Well, you might not, but there are plenty of people out there that do. If you are out there and you are struggling with your fertility, this is something that could be an option for you. You could be gifted a baby from someone. We're going to talk about it very soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking to someone who has been gifted a baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely all right.
Speaker 1: That's next to the pickup around Australia. Here at Kiss, it's the pickup around Australia for your Friday. So with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse, Black Bolls Executive be Stress Formulas two fifties are available now at Chemis Warehouse for just forty seven ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
Speaker 2: I have such a beautiful, amazing story to bring you guys today. Good assie basketballer. Now she's an opal's veteran. Kayla George has opened up about her sister in law's amazing act of literally gifting her a newborn baby. Now that sounds wild, but she's gifted her a baby because Kayla couldn't conceive with her husband. This is incredible to me and I needed to know more.
Speaker 5: Kayla.
Speaker 4: We've got her on the line.
Speaker 1: Hi, Kayloe, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 6: Hi guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: So when you say you were gifted a baby, the first thing that comes to mind is surrogacy. But this isn't surrogacy in terms of that it was your egg. This is biologically your sister in law's baby.
Speaker 5: Is that correct?
Speaker 7: Yes? Cool?
Speaker 5: And how does that come How.
Speaker 4: Does that conversation come about?
Speaker 2: So it says here that you couldn't conceive with your husband, how does the conversation come up of I will just give you one of mine?
Speaker 6: So my husband, I have tried, and being an athlete becomes a few different scenarios. What do I want to miss in terms of big events? Join me sis Olympics. So I try and get pregnant for here, and you can't really do that when you're trying to get pregnant and you put a lot of stress in your body. So I still like to try and have my own, possibly after the next Olympics. So we haven't absolutely haven't ruled that out. So just thought i'd just share that there. But yeah, so essentially, I've been with my husband for twelve years, and when I first came into this family twelve years ago, I got a bit more of an understanding about this type of custom that they've had in the culture for generations. And yeah, in twenty sixteen, after the real Olympics and my sister in law said, hey, I know you understand what we do in our culture, but I'd love to gift your baby at some point when the's timing's right. And my husband, I'm like, oh my gosh, that's incredible. She'd seen that we've you know, been trying a few times, and also being an athlete, like I said before, it's tough to find the time. There's those two aspects, and like I said before, the stress in your body has some issues in my period, which you know is quite common, especially an athlete. It just came about that. I got home from the championship win last years the Boomers in March and my sister in law, Thomas, she was nine weeks pregnant and.
Speaker 7: It was ours.
Speaker 6: So that's how it happened, and it was a time, it was perfect. And then nine days after I went a bronze medal with the Opens, I go to the hostel a baby witness her being born. Yeah, and I've had a since then, my little earlier when we got to name her and everything.
Speaker 7: So I named it a pearl.
Speaker 6: So I say I that my husband I named a pearl to pay homage to the Tosa on the waters that you know, decades ago everyone would go dive for their pearls and you know, at one point in time they were probably the wealthiest waters in the world. Pay homage to culture.
Speaker 2: I actually thought it was something I wondered if it was something funny about like opal pearl, like the stone.
Speaker 4: I thought I was like wondering if you were.
Speaker 6: Trying to Oh, I mean, yeah, that's kind of cool too, I guess.
Speaker 3: So this is part of Torres Strait Islander culture. How common is this?
Speaker 6: So for generations they've been doing it and it's as good as verbal. There really hasn't been a lot of legalities with it at all for the generations, but two years ago bills passed. Now it's officially legal in Queensland, which is crazy to me that it's only just so recently been become legal.
Speaker 8: But it actually creates less barriers for people.
Speaker 6: These kids that have been islanded up about years ago and they come as adults and they're trying to get you know, think sorted in life, passports all that kind of stuff, and they go to find their birth ctied again at or it doesn't really match up with what's going on in their life. So this allows, you know, it creates less barriers for people. So I'm really happy that the timing of you know, us getting gifted pearl is it works with the legality reason because I'm moving to America in a month or so on. I need to get at passports orders. So we actually just received her birth certificate officially on Monday, So we are officially on the birthtificate. Ye, your parents, which is really exciting.
Speaker 5: Well, best of luck in the States.
Speaker 1: You go pack your bags.
Speaker 9: I don't right, I've got a pack of you actually nappy, Yeah, and that's not even just for your husband, Kaylor George.
Speaker 1: Guys got on Instagram. If you want to follow the journey as well, a little baby pearl changing pays completely. Girls, what extent would you go to to evade the police?
Speaker 4: I mean I don't do that on a off often like hiding.
Speaker 1: Out now, I mean bodily changes. We'll talk about it. Next to the pickup. It's kiss for your Friday, Britt, Laura and Mitch on the pick up. Head into Chemists warehouse today. Great savings every day. You guys know, I love bringing you an interesting story that's trending around the world. What has happened last time I brought you a crime story? It was the man that stole two hundred thousand cadi cream eggs.
Speaker 5: Oh thank god we got to the bottom of that one.
Speaker 4: Well, we didn't get to the bottom of it, actually.
Speaker 1: Money. Well, now I'm bringing you a story where a man was almost not arrested a criminal because he was in fact too handsome.
Speaker 5: What it reminds me.
Speaker 3: Of that really hot mug shot, you know, that really hot guy.
Speaker 1: But this is very similar. Police stormed an apartment in Bangkok last week. They were searching for an alleged drug Lord, they've been looking for him for years. They found but they couldn't recognize the man because he had undergone complete and extensive facial plastic surgery.
Speaker 4: Do you have some pictures here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are the pics and putting them up on the screen. This man has full plastic surgery.
Speaker 4: Be fair.
Speaker 3: This is a very very good advertisement for plastic surgery.
Speaker 5: He looks very good. He looks from like a two to a ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was on the run for three months. That's how good the plastic surgery was. He had runnings with police. They just didn't recognize him. He said he wanted to get work to look like an attractive South Korean man.
Speaker 4: How did you get rid of the acme?
Speaker 1: No, he would have gone on proactive, I'd say so.
Speaker 3: He did a bit of racutan and got a bit of skin laser, a different handlof.
Speaker 1: He's got a brand deal. He had what I think he's had done. He's had full filler, he's had lip filler, cheek filler, he's got a whole hair transplant, and his eyebrows look plucked to the stars. Wow.
Speaker 3: It really does just show how effective a before and after it is. Like the before mugshot and the after mugshot he had a glower.
Speaker 4: But he spent a lot of money here. It only worked for three months.
Speaker 3: Imagine spending all that money to read it old face and they catch you twelve weeks later.
Speaker 5: What was he in prison for?
Speaker 4: What did he do?
Speaker 1: Drug smuggling? Two hundred thousand grams of MDMA hid in a parcel that was addressed to himself.
Speaker 3: And then he had to spend all the money he would have made by making his face look.
Speaker 9: I think that's my favorite part is and just like return addressing if anyone gets if anyone takes this, please return to send not this is my name and dressed my social Security number.
Speaker 1: Imagine being those cops like play sage warrant, Oh god, you're going not at all what we expect.
Speaker 2: Oh you're under arrest, but if you could tell me what you've been using for your skin?
Speaker 5: It's really everything and there's laminated eyebrow. You don't want to arrestare Actually he's handsome for jail.
Speaker 1: Now, how would you guys evade the cops if they were if they were after you, what would you do?
Speaker 5: I'd go underground. I just live in a basement somehow would that's not really living? No, not, well, what would you do it?
Speaker 2: I'd probably just move to like a super remote island.
Speaker 1: No matter what you did or what you change, that laugh had set you up, you'd be arrested on the spot. I'd get a comedian in and they just go tell jokes. Well nowhere, BRITTI is based on the dead Seal sound coming.
Speaker 5: That's that's what I would do.
Speaker 9: I would put one of those you know, and carry one of those voice changes around so when I liked, it'd be like that, the.
Speaker 3: Dead Seal coming from belief beneath the floorboards.
Speaker 4: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Did you know that people have my laugh as their ring tones.
Speaker 4: I think it's ironic. Let me live, it's all I've got. All right, Well, speaking of letting.
Speaker 3: People live, my daughter is trying to not let me live. She's trying to get me canceled. She's three and a half and I think she's really she's got something against me. Really, Yeah, it's actually happened a few times.
Speaker 1: That's next to the pickup. It's kiss on the pickup for your Friday. Britt, Laura and Mitch where he live around Australia thanks to chemists Warehouse. Black Moore's Executive beat Stress Formulas two fifties are available right now at Chemists Warehouse for just forty seven ninety nine. Al Is read the label, follow the directions for use.
Speaker 3: Guys, my child Marley May, she's three and a half. She's gross today cause she's so cute talking me.
Speaker 1: That she's gorgeous. She calls me uncle Mitch.
Speaker 5: She's trying to get me canceled. The kid is trouble.
Speaker 4: That's a big call, Laura. Okay, so I mean, what do.
Speaker 1: You mean she writ in tweets in your name.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, she's like posting like cancel culture. It's all right with the three year olds these days. No, she goes to daycare, right, and every day at daycare we get sent like a report. So she's in the three year old KINDI group, and each day we get.
Speaker 5: A report from the school teacher. It's very sweet.
Speaker 3: It gets sent out to all the parents and it's like a little update on what's been happening in class, what they've been doing with their friends.
Speaker 2: Like today they learned this or they did this.
Speaker 3: Totally, and it's a communal one, so you get every parent gets the same one and every child is listed on it. So I get this message from an anonymous mum who I've never met before on Instagram, and she says, Hi, Laura, our children go to the same daycare. I found this really funny, and I think your daughter's trying to get you canceled. So they're doing this word association game right. Basically, it's like they get shown a word in a picture book and then they have to come up with a different word that relates to that word. So basically, the word war was wide, so they had to come up with another word why.
Speaker 5: And it was about a box. It was a wide box.
Speaker 3: So anyway, one little kid says hi, another little kid says massive, another child writes tall. This is all listed in this little screen show I've been given. Little Alice says giant. Belfers Are didn't even know there was a kid at the school name but it is, he says.
Speaker 5: He says enormous because he's a genius. And then Marley May at the very end says just fat, just fat.
Speaker 2: But I know the tone that she just did she say just or did she just write fat?
Speaker 5: No, she wrote just fat.
Speaker 3: I know the tone because the tone would have been like you're all idiots for thinking of all these other words. Why don't you just use the word just fat? And I thought that maybe and get it because we don't talk about side in the house. We don't say skinny fat like we're very very conscious of this. So part of me is like, okay, well, where has she heard this from? This is a one off. We walked into the supermarket the other day and we're going up to where the fresh food is and there was a man there unpacking it. And Marley, my sweet little, innocent, darling little girl, turns to me and says, as loudly as she possibly can, Hey, Mummy, look at that man and he has a fat bottom.
Speaker 4: At least he was a man? Is it better? I think?
Speaker 5: So, I don't know what you do in this situation. Okay, I want to know.
Speaker 3: Firstly, give us a call if you have had a child who's trying to get you canceled.
Speaker 5: What have they said?
Speaker 4: What have they done?
Speaker 3: But I also think, like, what do you do in this situation? Because you don't want to reprimand them, because that's even more embarrassing. It's more embarrassing for the person that they've just said it in front of but how do you navigate this situation? Well, I think you to say I'm so sorry about that and then pull away and we say we don't use that word.
Speaker 4: We don't call people there.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you're a better parent than I am.
Speaker 4: I'm not a parent.
Speaker 2: Do you have a dog that has to lose a couple of killings?
Speaker 1: Kursty is called kirsty. How brittle is your kid?
Speaker 8: Okay? So I have one three year old and because I also works full time, she usually sees me when I have makeup on, like a full faces makeup, all dressed up over the Christmas holidays. However, obviously it was I was not wearing a makeup and one day she comes up to me, she was, mummy, what's wrong? I said, what do you mean?
Speaker 7: Nothing?
Speaker 8: She knows your face looks weird?
Speaker 1: Are you.
Speaker 8: I wasn't wearing any maker?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I get that as an adult when I used to turn up to the hospital for work with no makeup on.
Speaker 4: People He's like, oh, are you unwell?
Speaker 5: I was like, no, I'm feeling fine. And that's some adults. That's what I was. That's my point.
Speaker 1: Fon I'm thirteen one six five. How brutal is your kid for well, I can wait.
Speaker 7: When I was pregnant with my second daughter and my daughter was three years old, and we was having coffee with a friend and she was cutting me in my stomach, going, there's a baby in there, and I said, you know, there's a baby in there? Like and I said, you know, with some people who have big bellies have babies in them. And she turned to my friend and patted her on her belly and said, is there a baby in their chee? And there wasn't pregnant.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's common. I think that's a common one for kids.
Speaker 7: I was mortified.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine if that happened to me. I mean, I've got a belly. I just roll with it and go, yeah, twins.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't confuse them.
Speaker 1: You're going to be brutal to me. I'm going to confuse them and really ruin their whole perception of the world. All right, speaking of ending, that's us. We're done. We're getting out of here and will and what are you up next for the drive home? See you monday.
Speaker 6: Hey guys,