Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No come on show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack has been shopping for something which I think is normally for someone who has thirty to forty years on you.
Speaker 3: Well, we're transitioning from a front loader washing machine to a top loader washing machine.
Speaker 4: What a transition.
Speaker 3: Because the guy our old washing machine broke. The guy came out, tinkered with the front loader for fifteen minutes, said nap, it's not working. Charges two hundred bucks for the call out.
Speaker 2: Feet that's awful.
Speaker 3: But before he left, he said, you know what, get I recommend you get a top loader because I come out all the time to front loaders, have to repair them. I never go out to top loaders. So we bought yesterday a top loader.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you could still get hold of top loaders.
Speaker 2: They feel like a Nanon Grander thing.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: You go. You bet.
Speaker 2: Neil Mitchell's got one. Cleans his smalls in there every day.
Speaker 3: You walk into the showroom. There's fifty front loaders. There's three or four options for top loaders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the oldest Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually wonder if it's not that he goes to less toploaders because they're more reliable. But they're just it's not in circulation anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if there's.
Speaker 2: Only so you only saw like three or four in the store.
Speaker 3: There's only three or four in the store where frontloader options you have, you know, thousands, So.
Speaker 2: I thought you, I'll just presume that you were getting a top loader because you just open up rather than have to bend down a bit. Because you're a man that likes minimum effort in life, and so I know at the back with well known on the show, it's that issues as why you must be flowing business cars alos the back and flare up so it's not laziness thing.
Speaker 3: Well that's why I like it as well, because it's it's easier to get the clothes in, but it is harder because I have to now take down my ikeashells that I bought built above the front loader. Why is it quite big and it has Yeah.
Speaker 2: It feels like it's some sort of space hatch to me now, doesn't it? Or you're living in a lawn laundromat.
Speaker 3: So I want to know if top loaders people have experienced with toploaders. Do they last twenty years like the repair man said, or are they just does no one have them? Anymore, and they're dying.
Speaker 2: I'd be stunned if we hear from anyone under the age of thirty.
Speaker 4: Who owns a top loader.
Speaker 2: I went to bet we get a lot of the old Gnarhlia listeners calling in now, right, the golden oldies who love this station.
Speaker 4: Right, we're calling in who love a top loader? Mam, madda toploader? Granddadada toplader. I'm got a toploader. If you're a top loader, you're from a long line of top loader.
Speaker 3: I think by the end of the week I'll be saying the same thing. Toploaders are superior.
Speaker 1: How washing machine?
Speaker 4: All right, okay, let's go too loaders.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I never thought I say this on a radio show. Do you have a top loader? If you do, you under the age of thirty.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Most of you think Jack is the is the cool one of the show, right, he's the millennial. You know, he's in touch, he's a hipster. And then he comes in today and he tells us that he's gone out shopping for a new washing machine, and old.
Speaker 4: Grandpa Jack is your son, not your grandson. Okay, it's got himself a top loader. Top loaders to me that are the domain of naningraand Dad's house.
Speaker 2: In the pantry utility.
Speaker 3: They're a dying breed of washing machine. They only had three available at the.
Speaker 4: Store, of course they did.
Speaker 3: But I think their superior mind comes today or tomorrow, and I can't wait to use it. Don't have to crouch down anymore. And apparently they last twenty plus years.
Speaker 2: And look at the top.
Speaker 3: Way of fans come float into the court because.
Speaker 2: You ask anyone, you know, they're sort of When have they ever been asked to share the laugh on any breakfast show anywhere in the world?
Speaker 4: Do you love a top loader? Of course they are. They're part of a rare sort of cults.
Speaker 2: Aren't they guarantee? None of them under thirty? None of them under thirty.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Now, Patsy, where are you stand at You haven't got top loader?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I used to, but not not for years, Jack, especially when you're short.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Kay. Good morning, Kay, Good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good? You send us someone who's at work right now?
Speaker 5: Well, I am at work, isn't well, it's early, I'm at work. I'm dedicated. I come in.
Speaker 4: Good for you. Now have you got a top loader? What have you called him?
Speaker 5: I have just walked into work and I missed about one minute. If you show between the car and my office. My daughter rang and said, I must ring you to tell you how good top loaders are and how long they live. And she's fifteen, nearly sixteen, and we we love the washing machine. We love it so much.
Speaker 4: This is great. So your daughter goes, mom, mommy 'enogaly. There's not one minute gap. The moment been waiting for you ordered all your life. This is your moment, mom, call the man.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing is last year when you did the washing machine give away, we tried and tried and tried to get through because of the hot water intake issue. So I have to fill it up with a bucket at the minute. But I've got a man coming to fix it. So we tried to get a new one.
Speaker 2: But you have proved, my boy, you've got to fit up with the market because you're from the stream.
Speaker 4: I've got that old, that old handle thing. Put the clothes in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I won't say that I use my grandmother's old scrubbing boards.
Speaker 3: Say this is not a great advertise. The whole water from the sink and carry it in a bucket over to the washing machine.
Speaker 4: And when you say man coming to fix, is it a time traveler? You know? Is it doctor Emmett Brown? Just wait for I've come from the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't have to say your age, but I'm guessing if your daughter sixteen is unlikely that you're under thirty.
Speaker 4: Hey, I've got fifteen time.
Speaker 5: No I didn't. Yes, no, I'm I'm a grown up. But don't do the math. It's it's embarrassing. But my washing machine and dryer are still going. I can do a and you meant to use cold water for the most part anyway these days, so I can do a full cold load. The dryer still goes, and my dear mum rest in case, bought it for me in nineteen ninety six and they are still going.
Speaker 4: Not many things built for that kind of long lasting.
Speaker 5: Nothing, nothing everything.
Speaker 2: I'm calling Robert Ian s. He needs to get you up on that sales floor. If if I walk in and you told me that I'm buying a top loader, it is the Bastic great.
Speaker 5: Sister brand brand, got a big concrete block in the bottom. It doesn't move.
Speaker 4: Guys bringing that tomorrow, don't touch year off the human slinking will snap you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you amazing, all right, you won't go wrong.
Speaker 3: There are other callers.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 2: Thank your daughter as well.
Speaker 5: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, so Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: As always you call in listening for the high entertainment The way off you today more top draw entertainment.
Speaker 4: Do you own a top loader?
Speaker 2: We've been thinking this stuff through in our two week brain Just rock up, lazily, make it up on the spot.
Speaker 4: Do you own a top loader washing machine? And are you under the age of thirty? Tell me what?
Speaker 2: Like I predicted, they love those toploaders. If you've got one, you are part of that owner's club.
Speaker 3: And that's where I hope to feel by the end of the week as my top loader arrives Thursday. Been a frontloader boy all my life, but now things change.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can cram him more stuff with the top load? In my mind, in a laundromat you judge it differently, you don't. It doesn't feel quite sensitive. As a frontloader, you can just shoveloads of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm hearing from the callers. You fit more in.
Speaker 4: He's all excited.
Speaker 2: Now you actually feel actually very excited to get Do you own both a Tesla and top loader?
Speaker 4: Who are you? You're a contradiction of the future. Ah, let's take some more calls.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Kane, Good morning, Good morning guys. Yeah, good on, and welcome to the show, Caine. So, topload have you got one?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 5: I live with my grandparents.
Speaker 7: They're about ninety years old, and they've got a top loader. When that first ever invented one.
Speaker 4: That's funny, kay, it's a museum piece.
Speaker 7: Now listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's never never broken down, never had any issues.
Speaker 7: I go to my friend's house and all they complain about to say much a shakes, shakes, a plasta plastic cracks. I reckon, you can fit more in, Like you guys just said, Ye, I reckon, They're just a superior machine.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The front loaders do walk, they walk around.
Speaker 4: They make a hell of a noise.
Speaker 2: I guess you've got that A ton of a breeze block in the bottom of it.
Speaker 4: It ain't going anywhere. It can't move.
Speaker 2: It's like an anchor in the bottom there. Kay, thank you very much, she called, I have a good day, No, thank you, Sharon, good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi, cheers. Here are you going.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go sharing. You've got a top loader?
Speaker 7: I do have a top loader, and I am over thirty.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's all right, right? And how long have you had won a long time?
Speaker 7: I've had my top loader for about twenty five years. I recently replaced it because I had moved a few houses and the old one was getting a bit rusty behind you know, sort of yeah, just behind it. So yeah, this new one that I've actually got, it actually washes doners as well. What yeah, it's big enough to wash. Do you know a doner?
Speaker 2: That is a game change, because that's always you've got to go to the place to go and get the doner done. You don't put that front loader.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't want anything else. And you know, as we get older, who wanted to bend down unless you wall mount it and things like that, And that's too much trouble, too much trouble.
Speaker 4: Face, like I might get mined as I get older.
Speaker 2: You give me a great idea, want.
Speaker 3: To see for how much they shake? That seems dangerous. That's criminal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's funny. Sharon, thank you very much and cool have a great day.
Speaker 7: Thanks, great day, Bye.
Speaker 2: Emily, good morning, Hella. Hello there emeny top loaders. You don't you sound too young to have a top loader.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'm twenty eight years old and I have a top loader. So I'm currently in the I'm a thirty stoploader.
Speaker 2: Wow wow wee wow. We are reer club. Are reer club. And you buy this or some old nana leave it in the wheel.
Speaker 6: Oh my mum actually brought it when I was about three years old and she hends it down to me about a year ago.
Speaker 2: To my darling, Emily, to your daughter, she'll give it to hers.
Speaker 4: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: And it's still going strong twenty five, twenty six years later.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is, except sometimes when it goes off balance, it starts banging around and it sounds like someone's trying to get out of the washing vision and it sounds like an aeroplane about to take off. But other than that washing, it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: That's great, Emily. Thank you very much. You cool mate, take care.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show Podcast