Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: A podcast by a couple of mitches?
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, guys, it's Mitchie Mitch Chury. You guys you know affectionately call me Chury Coombs isn't here. I think he's got a prostrate exam. He's getting something done and getting checked up on. So is it just me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear my exclusive chat with a leaper? Got a new song aut obviously UK pop icon. She came on my night show I Do on Kiss FM. Uh. This was air nationally and I thought, let's get it out of there. Let's let's if you guys want to hear it, you can and I go for about five minutes. She called through the show it's a really good chat, and I thought, I'll let you guys hear it. So I'm gonna roll it now, my full unedited chat with miss miss Sleeper. I was gonna call it do I just he's duo. But that's why I call her personal because I close friends. All Right, my chat? Now? Enjoy Hey do I how are you? Hi?
Speaker 2: I'm really good thinking how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? I'm going I spied to walk on my do what I say? Do a leper like? Do you feel awkward, I just call you. Do I feel like I'm speaking.
Speaker 2: Italian perfect, that's my name.
Speaker 1: Do you work? Okay? Great? How are you? You are on top of the world at the moment, absolutely killing it.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much. I'm very well. Thank you. I'm so I'm just excited to forget going. I'm I'm ready. I'm ready to put new music out and come back and see you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my god. Okay, So we're in Australia. We're not We're live. This is absolutely exciting. Don't start now. Is out. I think it's the song of the summer. I think it's bigger than one case. This is huge. How do you feel about the song?
Speaker 2: I feel I feel good about it. Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm you know, it's it's exciting and it's nervous and it's nervousness. I guess everything at the same time. But I'm I'm super I'm super proud of it. And I've been waiting for a while to kind of start putting music out because I just wanted it to I just wanted to make sure that everything was perfect and that I had the perfect song to kind of lead with that that would introduce you all to this new era if you will.
Speaker 1: I know, I saw kind of so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm I'm excited.
Speaker 1: The whole new era things very star warsy. It's not going into a whole new like a whole new movie. It's like the new era of Dua Lipa is here. I'm like, I back at the logo is hot? I love you look cueing like the like the Wizard material? Was that is that you? Did?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Guys, I want to bleach my hair? I want to do this? Was that all coming from you?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, every like I actually I was on a photoshoot and someone was like, oh, can you just put on this blonde wig? So I just put it on top of my brown hair and I saw like the little bits of brown hair coming through the blonde. I was like, all right, this is what I'm doing. This is what's going to happen for the next album.
Speaker 1: Really, that's.
Speaker 2: It's in relative it's like in relation to to my my album title, which which i'll now next month. So everything kind of fits in, fits in, fits in this world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so talk to me about about the song. So don't start now, it's out now, it's huge. I you, where did that come from? Inside of you? Why? Now? Why do you write so long to release it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Where where'd that song come from?
Speaker 2: Well? I guess, I guess it feels so long, But it was really just nine solid months in the studio where I just wanted to create something that I was just really proud of. And I didn't want to start putting music out until I had finished my album, so I had a clear idea of everything and all the songs that I had and what I wanted to put out there. And because because in contrary to the first record, like I was doing so much while I was working, So while I was touring, I was still writing, I was figuring out what songs I wanted to put out, I was shooting videos. Whereas now that the album's done, I can just focus on everything else. And so it just allowed me allowed me that freedom. So I just took my time a little bit to make sure that everything was right. And There's felt like the perfect introduction song to to the new mood, which is still pop but it's nostalgic and it's quite disco, and yeah, I wanted people to have a lot of fun when when people hear.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah, I mean I when I hear the song, like I just want to be in a car, I want it to be summer, I wanted to be hot, I want the windows down. It is such a bomp, like the little It's almost like there's a little cow bell in there, like the little little ring on. Oh bitch picked up on that.
Speaker 2: That's one of my favorite features of the me Too.
Speaker 1: I listened to it twice and I'm like, yeah, this bitches use cow bell and I'm so here for it.
Speaker 2: It's so good, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I mean is that the name of the album is just gonna be fucking cow Bell? And no, definitely not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the name of the album is cow Bell.
Speaker 1: You know what would surprise me? That's cool, you'd be massive in the country scene. What can you tell me?
Speaker 2: It's definitely it's not. Before we start that room well you always cool hear about the art. Yeah, it's not cow Bell.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I didn't mean to start there. Room Hey, speaking of I just want to say Australia loves you. I mean, I don't know if you saw obviously you've been told, but you know, a kissing makeup obviously do a leeper black Pink just when platinum in Australia.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Oh, thank you so much. Wow, I'm so proud of that a song. You know, I love the girls and it was such such fun getting to make it with them, so it's it's really cool that it's been received well as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh we love it here. We played a NonStop at the station. We play a lot of your music NonStop, and it's like we are like the number one station in Australia, so much so that I might my mom's like, who are you chatting to today? I might do a leapers Like, oh I love do a leaper. I love higher at work. So I yay, you've got You've got the young demographic, You've got the mums. They love you brilliant.
Speaker 2: That's that's what we want.
Speaker 1: That's what we want exactly. I reckon with a new look. You're sort of vibing. This is a compliment, like like early thousands Victoria Beckham.
Speaker 2: Vibes with the new blonde hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just kind of feel like I get the sass. I think you looks like her anyway, She's say, but I just get Victoria Beckham vibes. You take it. Okay, So album's coming soon. We love don't start now, We're going to go into it now. What do you want the people of Australia to think of? Listen? Imagine when they hear the song.
Speaker 2: They're at a dancer size class.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, like Jane Fonda, like eighties jasus size.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I love that all right, Duliba, thank you so much for hanging out with Love you to beats. We'll see you when you're in.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you so much. Soon Is it just Me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of